The Second American Civil War...

By Edgitarreemplazo

An imagination of how the American Civil War could have unfolded in 1937, proposed by KaiserCat studios, base... More

Our Darkest Hour ( Prologue )
The American Caesar
A normal day in 1928 America

The Downturn of the stars

18 1 1
By Edgitarreemplazo

There are many people who believe that the United States was on a good path until 1914, although no certain science is known about what went wrong in these times, what is known is that it was a series of unfortunate events that undermined the American giant until leaving it unrecognizable, starting with the abrupt end of "The Roaring 20s" due to the global economic crisis caused by the fall of the British Empire.

The Great Depression is known for being the beginning of the United States' path to its downfall, which lasted for more than a decade.

However, like any crisis, even if no American president had the initiative to fix it precisely, it eventually began to wane, to the point that by mid-1935 the crisis only meant a medium-sized economic obstacle, despite countless failures of the government and people of the United States to handle the crisis, the United States never fell from being the first economic power in the world, although at certain times the German economy reached 60 and even 70% of the US GDP.

This persistent economic crisis was largely caused by the First Weltkrieg, since both the United States government and American companies lent large sums to the Entente powers, money that never returned to American hands due to the war. There was the russian civil war, the revolution in France and as like a final blow, the fall of the British Empire (not completely)

It didn't help that the economic dominance of the German Empire over the world began to grow rampantly since the reforms they opted for in 1923, the German golden years turned this Empire into a global economic giant, the rampant industrial growth of Germany was little by little driving the United States out of the European, African, Asian and Australasian markets, to the point where even its backyard, that is, the American continent, was not completely dominated by the United States, the phrase "America for the Americans" "It no longer applied. . .

The 10 years after the beginning of the Great Depression were characterized by the government's lack of response to the downturn economy, a political and social crisis that grew exponentially each year that effective measures were not taken against the crisis.

With the economic health of the country on the sh*t for more than a decade, it was imminent that radical ideas such as sindicalism, national populism and progressivism(extreme liberalism) began to be born.

As the discontent of the Americans increased, the strength of the political parties of the extreme left and right also increased, after the disastrous measures adopted by President Hoover after his election, radicalism gained such strength that the old traditional political parties supposedly "rivals" had to come together to even compete against these

By 1932 the favorite to win was the Sindicalist Party of America, however thanks to the oratorical skills of a promising politician named Huey Long, the Democratic-Republican union managed to get enough votes to have the elections practically won, although in just a few weeks that changed. 

Before voting day Huey Long was removed from the coalition due to internal disputes, Huey Long would choose for the good of him to form his own political party called "America First Party" or AFP for short, with this he took a large number of voters from the Republican coalition -Democratic what ended up causing the elections to have no clear winner between the SPA and the Democratic-Republican coalition, in the end it was the controversial decision of the Senate to keep Hoover as president that probably ended up sealing the fate of America. . .

The most hated men in America is president once more. . .

and he would continue doing what he does best, ruin everything.

After the elections the ideas and actions of the tumultuous American political landscape began to radicalize even more, one part of it was the outbreak of paramilitaries militias, what began as a "sindicalist defense group of the workers rights"rapidly ended up becoming a paramilitary group in the United States, quickly followed by America First Party with its Minutemen and even the Progressive Party of America with its own sindicate of cops in L.A who responded to orders from Sacramento politicians. For those times widespread public confrontations by supporters of these radical groups took place almost daily, the division between Americans became more accentuated day after day as each region of the United States was beginning to feel like a completely different country.

The Iron Belt, the Deep South, and the West Coast began to be synonymous with the respective political parties they most supported. There was spheres of power, unions, corruption networks and vines of influence were woven and fragmented in the large cities that faced insurmountable instability.

 it seemed that God had forgotten America. . .

In 1934 the situation had escalated to a terrifying point, fights between sympathizers of extremist parties in the streets were daily occurrences, even political attacks or murders among radicals were increasingly frequent, the instability in the country was palpable and it was clear 

measures had to be taken. . .

And so it was, in November 1934. . .

- End cap 1 - 

I know the collapse of the United States seems a little rushed, as well as being different from the original Kaiserreich, but remember this is MY kaiserreich story, but fear not, although it is slightly different from the original it is still largely very similar as well. The changes I make are my opinion to improve it, perhaps making it a little less realistic but you know. . .it's fiction for a reason

Note : The American economic depression in my universe is more pronounced since the German economic rise is also more pronounced, in addition to the fact that German dominance over the world is a little stronger, this to justify the universe being called "Kaiserreich"

It is also worth saying that my universe is more technologically advanced than in OTL (original time line) for several reasons that I will not explain to make this brief, I will explain it in another work of mine focused more on Kaiserreich in general.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 58.8K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
154K 4.1K 79
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
699K 11.2K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
330K 11.6K 52
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...