A Psychopath's Heart

By Bumbleggs

Freya Jones is a psychiatrist, trying to understand the psychotic minds for a specific Psych ward, Oak Valley... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Authors Note

8

3.7K 89 7
By Bumbleggs

The next day was filled with excitement. Archer had given himself a week to get me to fall in love. I had received a text from my boss asking me to meet up for dinner for casual chatting. I was not particularly excited, however, I did suggest we try to become friends and I am assuming this is his attempt.

I got ready for work and headed out the door. I walked into my office to see a free Archer sitting down, twirling a pen in his hand waiting for our session to begin.

He smiled when he saw me walk into the room, today was the day that he was planning on starting to try to make me fall in love with him. As he saw me take a seat in my chair, he took note of how my hair was tied up neatly with the occasional strands of hair poking out. He noticed how my cheeks were slightly flushed, I was definitely looking good today."Good morning, today is going to be another delightful day as usual right? It's like we're finally starting to make some progress."

I laughed because I could see right through him and see how sarcastically cheerful he was while trying to make his point. "It is delightful, Archer. How are you feeling today?"

He smirked as he heard my laugh, I certainly was very smart. I could see right through him, but he liked that because that would make the challenge a little bit tougher. He wasn't going to let me know how he was feeling, but he did have one question for me as he sat up straight in his seat and spoke with a calm tone."By the way, can you answer a question that I have?"

"I can try."

He paused for a moment and he took a deep breath before speaking again."Do you happen to have a boyfriend or someone special in your life? I know this may seem a bit out of the blue, but lately, I have been curious to ask you these types of questions."

I laughed because I had already answered this when he drew the picture of me. "No, I do not."

He laughed at my chuckle. I still managed to surprise him at times, even though I already told him.

"I see, that's good to know. Now I don't have to worry about a potential love rival." He smirked slightly at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Just because I don't have a lover doesn't mean others are not interested in me. I actually had someone ask me on a date tonight. So it seems that you might have a potential love rival." I smiled with satisfaction.

Archer gasped in surprise as his face went slightly red."Wait, someone asked you on a date? Oh boy, I see a potential problem. Well, may I ask who it is? Also, it's just a date or are you thinking of actually going on the date?"

"I will not reveal his identity. However, I was not going to go on the date but if it makes your challenge slightly harder, then I suppose I must go on this date."

Archer's face was still slightly red, he was getting irritated at the thought of me going on a date with another guy, especially if that man was an unknown entity."Yeah, no. I think I'd like a name. Plus, how am I supposed to compete if I don't even know who this other guy is? I wouldn't be surprised if he was some hot model or something. You can't just go on a date with him while I'm here, trying to make you fall in love with me."

"Ah, jealous are we? Well, while I can't give you the name, I can tell you he is FAR from a model. He is a doctor of some sort."

He was still getting slightly annoyed at the idea of me going on a date, he really wanted to know who this guy was. When I told him that he was far from being a model, he was relieved. He smirked once again. "Okay, at least he's not a model. But he's not a threat right? Like I don't have anything to worry about, or do I?"

"I guess I will find out after my date with him."

He laughed at my answer, at least I was honest."The good news is that you're being straightforward and honest, the bad news is that I still have to compete with some random doctor. But I'll win in the end. Just give me some details, do you even know if he's your type or are you just going to go on a date with him just be spiteful towards me?"

"What if it's a little bit of both?"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes."Wow, you really are a difficult woman. Do you even know what your type is? And are you really going to date this guy just to piss me off? Is that what you're going for here?"

"How about I tell you what I think my type is to give you some leverage?"

He raised an eyebrow as he leaned forward in his chair, he was curious to know what my type was.

"Alright, I'm listening."

"While I like my man to listen and be thoughtful, I also like them to have an insane side. I like them to know what fun is and let loose. I also like them to be jealous. As you can tell my type is toxic, yet loving."

My type was everything he imagined it to be so far."Well, it seems like I fit your criteria pretty well. I mean, not only am I insanely jealous right now, but I'm also very toxic as well. However, I'm also very caring in my own way and I also know how to have a lot of fun. Maybe I'm your type after all."

"Ah yes, but you have one thing that I just can not love."

He cocked his head to the side, curious as to what that thing is that I supposedly cannot love."What is that thing? I'm curious to hear your answer."

"You are my patient. It is unprofessional to grow love for a patient, in a romantic way of course."

He smiled, I certainly did have my limits. He had a feeling that he was going to make me break that limit soon."I understand completely, but what about when I'm not your patient anymore? Would you consider falling in love with me if I wasn't your patient?"

"You will be my patient until you kill me, or this place kills you. But I have a feeling that even the whole doctor-patient relationship won't stop you from trying to do something."

He smirked and replied back with a sarcastic tone."Well, I do love a little bit of challenge. I do want to ask an innocent question though, would you ever consider taking me out on a date if I wasn't your patient? Let's pretend this whole doctor-patient relationship thing never existed. This is a strictly hypothetical question."

"And in this hypothetical situation are you still a murderer?"

"Hmm, in this hypothetical situation, I wouldn't have committed any murders and I'd be a law-abiding citizen."

"Then I suppose I would consider it," I smirked.

He smirked along with me."Interesting, that's something I didn't expect you to consider. It's quite amusing how you could picture yourself going on a date with me. However, I have a feeling that you're going to find out sooner or later that it's very easy for me to break your limits. So how about we make this hypothetical date a little more interesting?"

"Let's hear it."

He smirked as he leaned forward in his chair."If I'm able to convince you to go on a date with me and make you fall in love with me in the next week, would you agree to go on a date with me while we are still doing sessions here?"

"I don't want to spoil the future so we will just have to see. Our session has ended for today however and I must not be late to my date now." 

He paused for a moment, a feeling of disappointment suddenly filled his body, but he had an important quest ahead of him.

"Right, right. I wish you luck on your date. I'll see you tomorrow at the usual time."

With that, he was escorted back to his room. I had packed an extra pair of clothes to go meet my boss at the diner. When I arrived he was not there yet so I grabbed a table and sent him a message to know I was already there. A few minutes passed by and he came to the table apologizing for being late. 

"I'm so sorry, I had some paperwork to finish up." He explained.

"It's no worries. How was today?"

"It was boring. Filing out the same paperwork over and over. However, I do have a question for you." He asked in a serious tone.

"Ask away."

"One of my doctors overheard you and Archer's conversation. Something about you falling in love with him?"

"Ah, Archer has this idea that he could get me to fall in love with him. If that's what he thinks and it gets him to open up to me, then I shall let him believe it for now. However, this is a casual dinner. I do not want to talk about work."

He sighed. "I just want you careful, but yes we shall not talk about work. Do you want to drink?" He asked.

I am not much of a drinker, but one drink couldn't hurt. "Sure," I said with a smile.

He ordered us some alcohol and we drank and talked the night away. I got to learn that he came from a small town and grew up on a farm. At first, he wanted to become a veterinarian, but seeing his mom go insane and have no one to help her is what inspired him to be the doctor he is now. I was shocked and saddened by this news. Time flew by and before we knew it, it was time for our dinner to end. He offered to drive me home. I had walked after work to save on gas. I obliged and he dropped me off. "I will see you at work tomorrow Freya." 

I smiled and waved him off. I was absolutely exhausted, so I headed to bed. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287 73 18
TW: SOME CHAPTERS CONTAIN VERY DISTURBING IMAGES, MENTIONS OF SA AND MURDER, BLOOD My name is Tara Archer, I'm a 23 year old woman who lives in West...
4.4K 176 26
A 17-year-old girl watched her life getting complicated day by day after she got shifted to another family, due to an unfortunate incident. She witne...
154K 1.9K 10
"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝, 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐭?" ________ DARK ROMANCE Arabella Thomas meets with the devil as she...
13K 681 28
Scarlett Young is a 30-year-old psychiatrist who, after monotonous cases, gets one that doesn't get rejected so easy - the case of a serial killer. A...