Cittaja || Indian Historical...

By SparkleTopaz

Part 1 in Kalika Empire Series Shakrajit, the Crown Prince of Kalika Empire is infamous for his battle prowes... More

Aesthetics
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80 🔥🔥🌶️.
81.
82.
Epilogue
Book 2
Instagram Page

48.

449 46 1
By SparkleTopaz

Shakra's battle elephant, Jaya, was decorated beautifully. A beautiful palanquin was set on top of the elephant. All of the guests of the Kalika Empire were elated with the successful wedding. Raashi, Yuvika, and Adhiman refused to arrive at the gates to give Mayurakshi goodbyes. The Kalika Empire couldn't care less about their absence.

Jayant stood before Shakra. "You are going to love being in the Kalika Empire, Jayant. I'm excited to see how you turn out to be." Shakra patted his shoulder. Jayant couldn't understand the sudden interest the Yuvraj of Kalika Empire showed in him. Yet, he didn't say much about it and stayed mum. Jayant was more happy that he could be with his Mayurakshi Akka.

Mayurakshi made a grand entrance, adorned in opulent jewelry that gleamed in the light. Shatrujit, emphasizing the significance of his eldest daughter-in-law's arrival, had insisted on a lavish display. Mayurakshi's presence alone spoke volumes; she represented the prestige of the Kalika Empire as its esteemed daughter-in-law. Draped in a resplendent bright green saree, intricately embroidered with motifs echoing the richness of the Kalika culture, she exuded regal elegance.

Her attire was only surpassed by the brilliance of her jewelry, which adorned her like a reflection of the empire's prosperity. The intricate designs and precious gems showcased the grandeur associated with her position. Mayurakshi's hair, fashioned into a bun, bore mogra flowers that added a touch of timeless grace, while her long braid was adorned with additional jewelry, enhancing her allure.

In this exquisite ensemble, Mayurakshi stood as a living embodiment of the Kalika Empire's legacy. Her presence commanded attention and respect, a symbol of tradition and opulence. Radiating beauty and grace, she was the epitome of the empire's grandeur, making a lasting impression on all who beheld her magnificent form.

Shatrujit saw her and smiled at her, "I hope you are ready for your journey."

"Yes, Maharaj, I am ready." She replied with a smile.

Mayurakshi should have held a grudge against him but for some reason, his parental affection did not allow her to hold a grudge. She had only felt parental affection since the first time she met the Emperor of the Kalika Empire. She had met him personally four years ago when it was Shakra's turn to do a special puja at Sri Chandika's temple as the heir. Shakra had invited her for the puja.

"You have a home here if you want to come and stay here for some time," Gokula told her as she stood by the elephant. Mayurakshi wanted to give a sarcastic laugh but refrained from it to hold on to the royal behavior. She was now representing Shakrajit as well. She just nodded without saying a word back to him.

That was the response for Gokula that told him how far things between him and Mayurakshi had gone.

Gokula saw Shakra walk to her. Shakra's elephant saw Mayurakshi and Shakra together. The elephant offered his trunk for her to step up. She held on to Shakra's hand for support as she stepped on the trunk and the elephant lifted her so she could climb on his back. Once she got on the back and sat on the palanquin set up on the elephant's back, Shakra patted his elephant, "You're such a wonderful boy, Jaya." The elephant replied with a cheerful trumpet. Shakra chuckled and then climbed over the back as well.

Mayurakshi realized that there wasn't going to be any mahout. Shakra was going to handle his elephant. Shatrujit climbed over his royal elephant and the Queens followed behind him. In a few moments, the caravan began to move.

"Do you want me to come back here and marry your sister?" Shakra asked.

"This is what you want to begin a conversation with, Yuvraj?"

Shakra laughed for a moment. "Well, we need to address it at some point."

"Then, I'll take some liberty as a wife and say that I will address that point when I want to. That is not now."

Shakra turned around to look at her and grinned, "Am I rubbing off on you? Mayurakshi taking liberties is new."

"Look ahead..." She pushed his head towards the front making Shakra laugh.

"Do you still want to address me as Yuvraj? Any terms that might sound like I'm your husband?"

"I'm not calling you 'evandi' like some of my maids address their husbands."

Shakra sighed loudly. "Alas. It's only a dream."

It took 24 horas for the caravan to reach Ambikapuram, the capital of the Kalika Empire. The capital city of the Kalika Empire was decorated like a bride herself. The trumpets and drums were played. People threw the flower petals over the caravan. They all cheered on excitedly. Their faces lit up with the grand excitement that their Yuvraj's bride had finally come home. All of Ambikapuram knew Yuvraj's special attention over the youngest Princess of Krishneri. The people saw their hero bring home his beloved as his wife. They rejoiced in their hero's victory.

Mayurakshi joined her palms accepting their greetings humbly. The warmth from the people felt nice to her.

The royal caravan stopped at the temple of Sri Chandika. Shakra got off the elephant and helped Mayura get down. The temple priest reached both of them quickly.

"Rajkumari, Yuvraj, both of you should take a bath in the temple tank together. Then both of you should be taking darshana of the Goddess together. I will bring the kumkuma from her and both of you should apply it on your forehead. After that, you shall be taking an oath before her to always side by each other and support each other. Yuvraj will be taking an oath that his nitya puja shall this day forth have a portion towards his wife's eternal welfare. Now, after marriage, becomes eligible to perform special pujas and yagyas. Rajkumari shall take an oath that she will keep the yearly fasting occasions for her husband's welfare. I will then tie the sacred thread around Yuvraj's wrists which should serve as a reminder of his oath. Yuvraj will tie a thread around the Rajkumari's wrist as a sign of this promise."

"How come she doesn't have to tie a thread around my wrist as a sign of this promise?" Shakra made an off-handed comment.

The temple priest gave an unimpressed look to his Crown Prince. "That is what this mangalsutra is for, Yuvraj..." Mayurakshi commented. The priest smiled at her, trying to keep himself from laughing at how she had to educate him. Mayurakshi returned the priest's smile with a chuckle.

"May you always be happy together and have healthy children." The priest blessed her.

Mayurakshi and Shakra entered the temple tank in the northeastern corner and took a dip inside the water seven times. Both of them offered prayers to the deities while standing in the water. They walked out of the temple and the maids wrapped a cloth over Mayurakshi's shoulder. They entered the main temple mandapa in wet clothes itself.

Sri Chandika, revered as the protective deity of the empire, stood as the formidable Goddess, her eighteen arms adorned with an array of powerful weapons. The depiction of the Simha-Vahini Goddess showcased her strength and fearlessness, with one foot confidently resting on her thigh, while the other firmly pressed upon the chest of the defeated Mahishasura.

Adorned in resplendent jewelry, Sri Chandika's divine form was a dazzling spectacle. Fragrant flower garlands graced her neck, adding an element of grace and beauty to her powerful presence. Her fierce eyes, though intense, held a unique blend of ferocity and protectiveness. Within the depths of their fierceness, a subtle yet undeniable sense of motherhood emanated.

The Goddess, with her powerful stance and majestic adornments, embodied both strength and beauty. Each weapon in her numerous arms symbolized her unwavering commitment to safeguarding her devotees. Sri Chandika's formidable yet alluring presence, captured in the vivid details of her portrayal, resonated as the enduring power and protective grace of the mother of the creation.

The garba-griha had a small utsava vigraha of Sri Kalika next to a Shiva linga made out of gold.

The priest went inside the garba-griha and brought out some kumkuma and bhasma from Chandi yagya. They applied both on their forehead. The priests also brought some turmeric from the garba griha that was offered to the goddess for Mayurakshi. She applied some of it to her mangalsutra.

The couple offered their prayers and then repeated the oath before the Goddess as said by the priest. "I promise that my nitya puja will have portion towards the eternal welfare of my wife. I will always keep her welfare in my mind, words, and actions. Her welfare will be my priority in this marriage. A portion of all my punya will go to the spiritual upliftment of my wife. I will treat her with respect and do everything in my power to refrain from bringing people into my home that my wife doesn't approve of. I will give her a portion of my earnings as her Nityashulka." Shakra parroted the oath.

"I promise to always keep in my mind, words, and actions the welfare of my husband. I will keep the naimitta fasting occasions for the welfare of my husband. I will do everything I can to bring happiness, wealth, and peace to this marriage. I will support him to my ability in his dharma. I will treat his people like my own children always keeping their welfare in my mind." Mayura repeated it.

The priest tied a thread around Shakra's hand and gave a thread to Shakra. He tied the thread around Mayura's right wrist.

Mayurakshi's maids came ahead with a tray as she had told them. "This is for the great Goddess." The tray contained a garland made out of bilva leaves and mandara flowers. The priest looked at her in surprise with the bilva leaves in the garland. "Just like how Shiva is forever united with her in peaceful union, I wish that she also blesses me so that my marriage also remains in a peaceful union. Although we reach disagreements in our opinions, may it not reach our hearts. Just as how the great Shivaa is the protector of her children, I also become the protector of our people. Just as how the thought of Shiva makes Shivaa pleased, my husband and I also remain pleased with each other."

He smiled at her, took the garland inside the temple, and put it around the 18-armed Goddess's neck.

"I am always pleased with you. You don't need to ask it separately from her." Shakra said as he wiped off the kumkuma that had fallen from her forehead to her cheeks and nose.

The priest returned with an old garland of Sri Chandika and gave it to the couple. Shakra took the garland and put it around Mayura's neck. He smiled at how beautiful she looked in her beautiful attire and the garland. He removed the evil eye from her and put a little bit of kajal behind her ears. It made everyone laugh.

"May my Goddess always stay safe from evil eyes." He smiled at her sweetly. "You are a form of Chandika sent to me as my wife. My life is a decoration around her neck. You are my companion. You are the mother to my children. You are their protector as their mother. You are the Queen in my household. My happiness and peace will be in you. If that's not what the Goddess offers to Shiva in marriage, I must not have understood it right."

=========

Hora - In Ancient India, time was measured in Yaama, Muhutras, Ghati, and Hora. The day generally begin at Sunrise till the next sunrise. Yaama is 3 hours. Hora is 1 hour. Muhurta is 48 minutes. Ghati is 24 mins. So, in a day, there are 8 Yaama, 42 horas, 30 Muhurta. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share the story with others.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 1K 19
What will happen when a feisty and independent girl gets stuck in a place where people are after her life and are adamant on snatching her freedom, c...
18.5K 754 37
|| Royal Crown Legacy - Book 1 || Prince Ranvijay Chandravanshi Rana is a Crowned Prince whose alliance is fixed with Princess Vandita Suryapratap Si...
42.3K 2K 35
Life is all about meeting new personalities and learning something new...... But there is a moment where a person may get struck. Trying hard to com...
1.6M 73.3K 55
It was a rainy night when a girl was running away from a farm house. Her hair which once looked perfect was now a total mess. She wanted to run away...