The Shadow Monarch From Anoth...

By JaeZInsane

The Shadow Monarch In Another World #1 In Shadows 4/6/24 #1 In Kagari 4/2/24 #1 In Solo Leveling 4/12/24 #1 I... More

Bio: The Shadow Summoner
Chapter 1: The New World
Chapter 2: A Dragon Slayer, A Celestial Wizard, A Cat, and A Shadow Monarch
Chapter 3: Fairy Tail Meets The Shadow Monarch
Chapter 4: The Shadow Monarch's Past
Chapter 5: Shadow Monarch vs Dragon Slayer, Kagari Sanashi vs Natsu Dragneel
Chapter 6: The Strongest In Fairy Tail
Chapter 7: The Cursed Island of Galuna
Chapter 8: The Cold Emperor And The Demon Of Destruction
Chapter 9: The Cold Emperor vs The Ice Wizard Dragon Slayer and Shadow Monarch
Chapter 10: Save Galuna Island! Natsu, Kagari, and Gray vs Lyon!
Chapter 11: Lifting The Curse
Chapter 12: Realization and Acceptance
Chapter 13: The Changeling
Chapter 14: Phantom Lord
Chapter 15: The Rescue Mission, Lucy Heartfilia
Chapter 16: War of Guilds
Chapter 17: The Shadow Monarch vs Jose, The Wizard Saint
Chapter 18: The Defeat of Phantom
Chapter 20: The Shadow Monarch, Kagari vs The Fairy Queen, Titania
Chapter 21: Battle of The Strong
Chapter 22: The Travel to Ravainia
Chapter 23: The Town of Demons
Chapter 24: Wrath of The Demon Horde
Chapter 25: End of The Demon Queen
Chapter 26: Kagari's Housewarming
Chapter 27: Trouble at Akane Resort, Erza's Abduction!!
Chapter 28: Erza's Pain, The Tower of Heaven
Chapter 29: Open Your Heart, Erza
Chapter 30: The Shadow, The Dragon, and The Light
Chapter 31: No Sacrifice, No Victory
Chapter 32: Farewells and Arrivals
Chapter 33: A Journey Into The Past
Chapter 34: Wrath of the Double Dungeon
Chapter 35: The Reawakening
Chapter 36: Wisdom Found In Loss
Chapter 37: Pain and Strength
Chapter 38: Only the Strong Can Survive!
Jellal's Redemption Arc
Your Opinions on Kagari joining Fairy Tail
Kagari x Erza (Updated)
Kagari's Character Arc
Plotpoints
Poll: Most Tragic Backstory

Chapter 19: The Challenge

1.5K 61 26
By JaeZInsane

Two Weeks Later: After The Battle

It's been two weeks since the battle against Phantom Lord. After the fighting was over, everyone met up and their destroyed guild hall, Kagari was going to summon Atlas to fix it again, but Makarov stopped him, as he said the guild was "changing." But since Kagari had no place to stay, Gray offered to let him stay at his house for a while.

During the rebuilding process, Fairy Tail was met by The Rune Knights, the army of the Magic Council. Natsu and Happy tried to run, by they were caught easily. They interrogated everyone in the guild, including Kagari, who they had no information on. Before his interrogation, Kagari and Makarov decided that it would be best for him to throw in a few "white lies" in his story.
Kagari gave them the stretched story of him being a Darkness Magic User from another far way country without mentioning him being from a different world.

Then, Fairy Tail was on trial by the Magic Council but they were found innocent, but are still facing punishment, although it won't be a harsh one. Phantom Lord was disbanded and Jose was stripped of his Wizard Saint title.

After the trial, Lucy took a sudden disappearance as she went back home to see her father so they went after her to find out that Lucy's mother had passed away. She only went back to tell her father not to mess with Fairy Tail again, or else he'll regret it.

~*~*~

Later that night, Kagari stuck out of Gray's house and quickly made his way out of Magnolia. Not to leave, but because there was something that he had to do.... Alone.

After some silent searching in the middle of the night, he found the perfect spot. It was a small forested area near Lake Sciliora's Shoreline. Not too populated, quiet, and relatively peaceful. A nice area for what he planned to do. Kagari stood over a large stone in the area as he held out his hand and a sword appeared in it. The sword was different from his other weapons, its blade had a sliver glow in the moonlight and a gold handle which shined immensely.

As he held the sword, a memory that he wished to keep buried came back to the surface of his mind and he frowned while gripping the blade. He then slammed the blade down into the stone finally speaking.

Kagari: Here. I promised you a great view...

Kagari: I just wish you were here to see it with me...

As the sun began to rise, he turned around and silently walked on the trail back towards Magnolia.

"Please, forgive me..."

(Timeskip)

Construction Site, Fairy Tail

The Next Day, everyone was back to work on the reconstruction of the new Fairy Tail Hall. The old remains of the former guild hall were now taken as new materials just came in. It seemed as though the new guild will be much bigger than it was before.

Of course, Kagari had his Shadows assist in the rebuilding, mainly his nameless soldiers helping with reconstruction and Shadow Orcs with the heavy lifting.

Natsu was trying to lift multiple wooden beams above his head, but the weight was too much for him and they fell on top of him.

Mirajane: Oh Natsu.

Kagari: Tusk, Greed, Go and help Natsu out, would you?

Just then, Tusk and Greed walked over and began to picked up the beams off of Natsu and took them away.

Natsu: Hmph. Show offs.

Kagari: Don't worry about it, Natsu.

Gray: That's what you get for carrying too much, ya moron.

Natsu: What did you call me?!

Gray: You got a problem, dragon boy?!

Natsu: Yeah, I gotta problem with your face!

Lucy: They're at it again, huh?

Happy: Aye.

As Natsu and Gray continued to argue, a familiar blue haired girl, Juvia Lockser was looking at Gray with hearts in her eyes.

Juvia: Oh Gray, my love! I'd wish you'd carry me like that, too!

Before they started fighting, a lumber beam smashed into Natsu's and Gray's heads and Erza stood above them.

Erza: Enough! No more lollygagging! We have a lot of work to do!

Kagari's Thoughts: -_-...This has become such a big gag joke now...

Kagari looked up to see Master Makarov standing above everyone with his increased size, putting up wooden infrastructure for the new building.

Kagari: Tusk, increase your size and help Master Makarov.

Tusk: Understood, Boss.

Tusk and Makarov both assisted each other with setting up the girders and picking up more pieces of limber. After that, they worked even more on the building's infrastructure.

Wakaba: Jeez, the Master's not the only one hard at work.

Macao: Yeah, except Tusk is working an even bigger way.

Then, Natsu and Gray pulled themselves from out of the ground.

Natsu and Gray: Ow! That really hurt, Erza!

Happy: You guys playing whack-a-mole?

Wakaba: Hate to say it but...

Macao: It looks a bit too big.

Mirajane: We figured we might as well expand the place. I got the plans right here.

Wakaba: Oh yeah?

Macao: I wanna see.

Natsu: I liked it the way it was!

Gray: What's it gonna look like now?

Kagari: Hmm?

The "designs" Mirajane had were merely just a hand drawn picture of the Guild Hall.

Kagari: -_-....Well uh, it's something new.

Macao: What the?

Wakaba: Wow... that looks... great.

Natsu: Uh... which way is up?

Gray: Man, these are the worst plans ever. What idiot came up with these?

Mira went from smiling to crying in a few seconds, to Gray's dismay.

Gray: Mira! I-I didn't know it was you!

Kagari/Natsu/Macao/Wakaba: -_-...You made her cry, Gray.

Juvia's Thoughts: My dearest Gray is so cold to other women, yet so warm to me.

After half an hour had passed, Kagari above on a pillar, observing the work of his Shadows.

He was also looking over at Natsu, Gray, and Happy being yelled at by Erza as Igris appeared before him.

Kagari: Yes, Igris. Is there a problem?

Igris: Not at all, my liege. The soilders are still diligently working on the repairs while the mages of Fairy Tail take a break.

Kagari: That's good too hear. I'm glad to hear that you're all working hard.

Igris: I am grateful for your words, my liege. But there is something that you should know.

Kagari: Yes.

Igris: Bellion will be making his return to us soon.

Kagari: "...."

Kagari: Excellent.

Igris: Should we tell our comrades, my liege?

Kagari: No, not yet. Let's keep that as a surprise for later.

Igris: As you wish, my liege. But I do believe that Beru will challenge him again once he arrives.

Kagari: It's fine. We both know that Beru will lose.... again.

(Timeskip)

As everyone was in the middle of a well deserved break, Kagari was assisting in heavy lifting the large materials from one place to another with some of his soldiers. That was until, Natsu came rushing through wanting to fight Kagari again.

Natsu: Yo, Kagari!

Kagari: Hmm, what do you want Natsu?

Natsu: Come on, let's throw down!

Kagari: -_-....You can't be serious...

Natsu: Dead serious, buddy!

Kagari's Thoughts: We're literally in the middle of repairing the guild hall...

Natsu: Come on. I'm a whole lot stronger than the last time we fought. I'm sure I can take you on now.

Kagari: Well, I do admit. You have grown stronger since the battle with Phantom.

Natsu: See! Now, let's fight!

Hearing this, most of the wizards groaned seeing Natsu calling out Kagari... again...

Happy: Uh oh, Natsu challenged Kagari again.

Gray: He's gonna lose again, ya know.

Cana: Should I bring back the betting table again?

Annoyed, Erza stood from the counter and yelled at Natsu, glaring at him.

Erza: Natsu, what did I tell you about fighting here in the guild?

Kagari: Wait a sec, Erza. I never gave him an answer...

Kagari: Alright, Natsu. I'll fight you.

Natsu: YES! Now I'm all FIRED UP!!!

Lucy sighed.

Lucy: Why did he have to agree?

Gray: Hey, it's fun watching flame-brain get his butt kicked.

Lucy: Your clothes, Gray?

Gray: AW CRAP! NOT AGAIN!

Erza: Very well. But even though you've agreed, I cannot allow the two of you to fight here and set the guild back in repairs.

Kagari: Oh, there's no need to worry about that. This won't take long. Trust me.

Erza nodded. She didn't say it, but she was a bit intrigued as she missed the first battle between Kagari and Natsu.

Kagari: But before we begin, Natsu. Let's make a wager.

Natsu: Wager? For what?

Kagari: To make this a bit more fun. Now listen, you can attack me as many times as you wish. But as for me.

Kagari: I can only land one hit on you. If I don't knock you out, you win. And if I do, I win.

Kagari: If you win, then I'll face you in battle, whenever you wish.

Natsu: Uh huh.

Kagari: But if I win, I will determine the next time I wish to fight you. Which won't be until you make a significant increase in your strength. Do we have a deal?

Natsu: Yep! Sounds good to me!

Kagari: Now then, let's go!

As the fight began, Natsu jumped into the air with his fist engulfed in flames.

Kagari's Thoughts: I knew he'd do this first. It's always the headfirst approach with him.

Natsu: Fire Dragon Iron Fist!

With his attack, he aimed his fist in Kagari's direction, but at the last second, Kagari vanished out of sight.

Natsu: What the? Where'd he...

Suddenly, Natsu felt a swift chop as Kagari appeared behind him and knocked him out with one hit to his neck. Before he hit the ground, Kagari grabbed him and lightly placed him on the ground, to everyone's shock.

Kagari: Looks like I win again, Natsu.

Needless to say, the wizards were shocked as only the S-Class Wizards of Fairy Tail were able to knock out Natsu so quickly.

Droy: Well, that was quick.

Jet: Yeah, and the kid didn't even last a minute this time.

Levy: He's very surprising.

Gray: Way to go, man!

Elfman: Yeah! Guess we know who the real man in the guild is! Hahahaha!

Kagari sat Natsu down on a wall near the bar counter.

Kagari: Hey Mira, is it okay if I leave him here? He should wake back up in the next few minutes or so.

Mirajane: Yes, that will be fine. But I'm surprised you beat him so quickly.

Kagari: Eh, I knew he'd try the headfirst approach with me. So, I just waited for him to attack.

Wakaba: Wow, he beat Natsu quicker than last time.

Macao: But why didn't he just knock him out the first time they fought?

Impressed after watching the battle, Erza finished her strawberry cake before walking towards Kagari, congratulating him.

Erza: Impressive. Using the knowledge of your opponent against them.

Kagari: It was nothing special. I did tell you that I wouldn't cause any damage to the guild.

Erza crossed his arms and smiled.

Erza: Yes, you did...

Erza's Thoughts: Hmm, I like it when a man is. modest, but I believe he has not shown his true strength to us yet.

Kagari: Well if that's all, I think I'll get back to my--

Erza: But perhaps you'd like a far more greater challenge rather than Natsu.

Kagari: Hmm?

Erza summoned one of her many swords and swiftly pointed the blade at Kagari's throat just like she did on Galuna Island.

Kagari: -_-....Is this really necessary?

Erza: Kagari Sanashi.

Erza: I challenge you to a one-on-one battle.

Hearing this, the wizards were all in shock.

Wakaba: Woah, usually people challenge Erza, but she's actually challenging him?

Lucy: Am I deaf, D-Did Erza really just challenge Kagari to a fight?!

Happy: Aye, when it comes to a battle, Erza doesn't play around.

Gray: Those two going at it. Things might get really messy.

Kagari: Erza, why do you want to fight me?

Erza: I simply wish to to gauge how powerful you truly are, and this is the only way to put you to the test.

Kagari's Thoughts: Right, this world doesn't have the technology to gauge magical energy, almost slipped my mind.

Elfman: C'mon, Kagari! Go on and accept the challenge if you're a real man!

Along with Elfman, many of the wizards in Fairy Tail were cheering him on to accept Erza's challenge.

Erza: Well, how about it, Kagari? Will you accept...

She smirked.

Erza: Or are you too afraid to face me...?

Kagari knew he was merely being teased by Erza, but his pride wouldn't allow her to get away with saying that.

Kagari: Well, how can I say no with everyone backing me up...? Alright then...

Kagari: Erza Scarlet, I humbly accept your challenge.

Smiling, Erza pulled her sword away from Kagari's throat.

Erza: Excellent, our fight will begin first thing tomorrow morning.

Kagari: Looking forward to it.

The guild members clapped their hands in applause at the fight that was about to come. The latest battle in Fairy Tail. Tomorrow, it was the fight between The Powerful Shadow Mage and The Queen of The Fairies. But to Kagari it was actually...

"The Shadow Monarch vs The Fairy Queen"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6.7K 28
LucyXRogue (I'm not going to change Lucy in any way. It's a pet peeve of mine when other writers change everything about Lucy so I won't do it.) So b...
30.1K 664 25
Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or any of the characters in this story unless it is my original plot. This is just a fan fiction I've written for...
14.6K 313 11
Revamped Version of A Human among the Supernatural
4.5K 207 10
── ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚ ── ❝ I'M NOT LEAVING YOU ANYMORE. BELIEVE IT, HOLD ON TO ME, NEVER LET ME GO ❞ TOP RANKINGS! #1 - natsudragneel #1 - laxusdr...