Meleksima Sultan | Megnifcant...

By ZeynebSultana

Gloria is a beautiful and clever young gentlewoman from Romania She lived with her mother and grandmother, a... More

Paralogue
Characters
1st chapter
2nd chapter
3rd chapter
4th chapter
5th chapter
6th chapter
7th chapter
8th chapter
9th chapter
10th chapter
11th chapter
12th chapter
13th chapter
14th chapter
15th chapter
17th chapter

16th chapter

509 28 10
By ZeynebSultana

the hidden gate jolted a jar providing Haçi and me a view of the cleared airy corridors of the harem.

Haçi sealed the secret door, blending it with the wall.

"Hatun, I'll have to go check on Valide Sultan's chamber' you may go to yours."
Haçi advised giving me a slight nod as we reached the gate of the harem,

As I footed into the calm harem halls, I was met with the sight of a roaming Cennet, I walked over to her, setting my hand on her shoulder making her jolt out of fright.

"Meleksima!," she hissed before taking a breath as she took hold of my hand leading to my chamber careful not to wake anyone up, we went up the stairs and entered my chamber, meeting Maria there.

I entered first Cennet right after me, she locked the door just in case anyone was eavesdropping.

"How did it go?" Cennet quickly asked "I hope everything went according to plan," Maria spoke walking closer to me.

I offered them a delighted smile as I took my time untying the shawl, letting out a deep breath, before I sat on the couch near the window.

Cennet sat next to me and examined my gaze, a gasp escaped her lips as she snickered "You did it!" she exclaimed, making me bite my lips and hiding my smirk.

"Silahtar paşa is still there with the ağas," I breathed with relief as they listened intently, "I left everything for him to deal with, Halil paşa is now thrown at the dungeons. They found the treasure."

"Now what is going to happen to Kösem sultan? I mean Hünkarim won't let it slide right?" Maria inquired with a frown, eyeing Cennet and then myself.

I nibbled on my lower lip, shaking my head.

"I don't know, it's his mother at the end of the day, we'll have to wait until tomorrow, then we'll see what his majesty decides, what do you think Cennet?"

Cennet had a wicked smile as she spoke "Kösem sultan is powerful, she won't let it slide, even if the sultan banished her, she has eyes everywhere, and we'll have to be even more careful," I nodded agreeing with her.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

We talked a bit more before they left. I changed into my nightgown. I lay on my bed feeling tired, thoughts taking over my mind.

I am sure Köeem Sultan will figure out that I am behind everything, only god knows what she'll plot for me. I hope Haçi manages to stay on her service, we'll need eyes on her.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

I was having lunch at the harem Maria seated alongside me, along with some other hatuns at the same table.

To my surprise, no one was chattering about last night's event, probably because nobody had heard anything yet.

I felt Maria's hand in mine, bringing me out of my thoughts, before offering her a small smile.

"don't worry everything will be fine, now eat, you haven't touched a thing since morning," she said ushering at the dishes in front of us.

My appetite had diminished ever since morning. I woke up feeling uneasy.

"I can't, I don't feel well and the smell of all this food is making me even more nauseous," I expressed with an uncomfortable smile, I brought my hand to my face and took a deep breath to soothe my nausea.

Maria frowned as she bit on a piece of bread dipped in honey, the corner of her mouth twitching in query, "Meleksima it's not like we're eating onions, it's just honey, olives, yogurt, and cheese."

I only shrugged not knowing what was happening to me.

"Could it be..." she uttered before whispering to my ear "that you're pregnant?"

I halted, a smile taking over my features before it gradually demolished, I have been through this before and always got unpleasant feedback.

"I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes up," I said looking down as I moved the spoon around the yogurt before putting it back down. As Maria offered me an apologetic smile.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

We made our way towards the harem after finishing our chores, the sun was already setting I was looking out the window taking in the evening sun,  but the voice of the harem ağa made me stand up along with the harem girls.

"Destur Sultan Murat Han hazretleri" announced the harem ağa as we all arranged our positions and bowed.

Cennet kalfa stood at the front. Maria and I along with the rest of the harem kadins stood in line.

I did not know what to expect, Did Silahtar tell him?  Was he mad at me for having a hand in finding Kösem sultan's treasure, or was he pleased with me?

I bowed before glancing up, wanting to catch a glimpse of him, he had a strong grip on the rolled paper in his hand. His steps were abrupt and loud as he ferociously made his way toward Valide's chambers.

Once he was gone, the girls started whispering to each other, but my focus was on him and what he was going to do.

In the corner of my eye, Cennet sent me a reassuring nod, with a slight smile before dismissing the girls.

"Don't worry," Maria whispered stroking my arm, "I just hope everything goes well," I replied before we separated ways

I made my way to Atike Sultan's room with a heavy heart, hoping that everything would go as planned.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

After taking a stroll in the private gardens of the palace, Kösem Sultan with her maid and Haçi ağa returned to the harem on her way to her chambers,

welcomed by the sight of Murad's back, standing in front of the fireplace. She halted before blinking banishing her thoughts.

She peeked at the maids behind her dismissing them, they bowed and closed the door, Haçi ağa with them.

her eyes tightened as she stepped closer to him, "Aslanım," she voiced breaking the silence.

Murad proceeded to watch the sizzling fire in front of him, anger no longer evident in his eyes, before he turned towards her his hands clasped behind his back.

She couldn't read the darkened look in his eyes, she couldn't help but question, "What's wrong?" as she walked closer to him.

Murad only glanced at her, his gaze cold,  not emitting a word, before taking a deep breath and unclasping his hands, handing her the paper.

Kösem sultan granted him a questioning look she took it to her hands unraveling
It.

Her eyes fell on the names and numbers written on it along with Halil paşa's seal, her heart rate picked up, with every word she read, she did not know what to do, she had to think fast.

Murad stayed silent observing her, noticing how she swallowed thickly not knowing what to do.

She slowly looked up at the sultan before her, before uttering "And you believe them?" she said displaying a look of hurt in her eyes, binging Murad to smirk, not fooled by his mother's act.

"Validım" he warned a look of outrage taking over, "What is the meaning of this? What are you trying to do?" he spat before continuing, "You have disregarded our laws, moreover, you went behind my back, Me, your sultan!" He shrieked

"Murad I-" she was cut off before she could finish her sentence by Murad's fierce voice,

"You know the punishment for that," he said he's voice lower now. she breathed heavily, her eyes twitching from one eye to the other.

"Then you shall dig my grave," she said looking him in the eye before continuing, "Next to the grave of your father, Sultan Ahmet, it's better than hearing these hurtful words from a piece of my soul, I'd rather die," she said taking a breath and looking away from him.

Murad stayed silent, before nodding.

"I don't want you in my palace anymore, pack your stuff, you're exiled to the old palace," He said before barging out of the chamber. Leaving her pale-faced, her breathing rapid, she went and sat on the nearest ottoman, "Haçi!" she shouted before her maids and Haçi frantically entered the chamber.

"Sultanım" Haçi said bowing before stepping near her, his complexion distressed.

"How did he get this?!" She shrieked as she stood up revealing the paper.

Haçi glanced at it, before bringing his hand to his face, acting clueless. "I...I don't know valide, maybe Halil Paşa gave it to the wrong porter" Haçi suggested trying to keep his calm.

Kösem stood up and went out the terrace, she laid her hands on the railing, taking deep breaths. Her thoughts operating, watching the setting sun before her.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

"How do you always manage to do this" Atike voiced her eyes closed seated near the fireplace as I proceeded to stroke her head,

I smiled before responding, "My mother always had migraines." I smiled at the memory of my mother and grandmother.

"You have magic hands," she complimented making me giggle, before a knock was heard.

"Come in," Atike declared, nodding for me to stop.

Gül ağa came in and bowed to the sultana in front of him before he spoke, "I apologize for disturbing you sultanım, but his majesty asked for Melesima's presence in his chamber" he informed,

My heart raced a bit, Atike offered me a smile before nodding, "Don't keep my brother waiting." she teased making me blush as I left her chamber with Gül ağa.

"Is his majesty upset?" I asked Gül ağa as we walked to the hamam.

he stopped in front of the hamam entrance before whispering to my ear, "His Majesty was at Valide's chamber and he was furious" he said making me nod, before getting into the hamam, leaving him outside and waiting for me to get ready.

⚜︎⚜︎⚜︎

I changed into a white and green gown, I let my lengthy hair flow freely down my back, as Maria helped me apply some rosé fragrance.

I looked at the mirror examining my appearance when a sudden trial of dizziness came over me, "are you alright?" Maria asked me with worry, as I slowly strode closer to my bed.

"I...I don't..feel.." I uttered before everything went black.

I took a deep breath as my eyes gradually opened, "She's waking up!" I heard Cennet declare with a pleasant tone in her voice.

I blinked the blurriness away, adjusting to the glow of the candles lighting the room.

Maria along with Cennet, Gül ağa, and a midwife stood around me, I furrowed my eyebrows looking at them "What happened? What is wrong with me?" I asked looking at the midwife.

"Mashallah hatun you are very healthy," she said with a smile

I frowned as I looked at the midwife and then at my beaming companions. "Then why do I feel so weak?" I asked her.

She beamed as she replied "It's very natural, but you should be more careful from now on, because you are pregnant" she said making my eyes widen, a warm feeling filling my heart.  

"Cennet, Maria did you hear her? I'm pregnant!" I said a laugh escaping my mouth.

Maria, Cennet kalfa, and Gül ağa all smiled "May Allah bless you with a healthy child" Cennet prayed receiving "Âmin," from the rest.

I went to the drawer and got a bag of golden coins, before giving it to the midwife. "Let it stay a secret for now," I told her as she nodded delightedly as she left.

"Come on, I shouldn't keep His Majesty, waiting any longer," I said as I was the first to leave the chamber griping my dress as I carefully stepped down the stairs,

"Meleksima slow down!" Maria giggled as she sprinted after me.

All the harem girls granted me curious glances, but I proceeded on my way to the golden path with Gül Aga, Cennet, and Maria, on my way to the love of my life.

A wide smile occupied my complexion as I reached the golden path, "Meleksima, slow down, I... I can barely breathe," declared Cennet hatun as I was almost there.

Silahtar stood by the door his brows furrowed in question, as I stood in front of him, breathing heavenly, my cheeks red as they ached from my wide smile.

"Meleksima hatun," he said as he nodded his head at me, giving me access to the chamber.

I nodded back, before looking at Cennet and Maria, they both nodded beamingly, as I took a deep breath, entering the chamber.

The terrace foyer was spread open, I walked up to it, wear Murad stood by the railing looking down at the sensational Bosphorus,

"Muradım" I breathed as I bowed, the smile not leaving my lips.

he didn't turn around at the sound of my voice, he kept looking away, I walked closer to him reaching for his hand,

But he hauled it behind his back, causing my smile to cease, I swallowed as I stood back, before looking back up at him, my heart racing.

His eyes met my hurt ones, I saw a slight glimpse of sadness in his eyes before it quickly vanished, a stoic look taking over like never before,

"How did you find that paper?" he coldly questioned, I blinked rapidly, gathering my thoughts.

I can't inform him about Haçi yet, then Kösem sultan will find out, it's not the right time. I can't protect him just yet.

I took a deep breath before responding "I was with Atike sultan like usual, we went to visit valide sultan at her chamber, and I accidentally came across it," I declared, It hurt me to lie but I didn't have a choice.

"Then why didn't you bring it to me personally?" he asked gritting his teeth,

"I...I was going to, but you were busy with the Ayşe sultan and the şehzade and sultanas, so I told Silahtar paşa," I said looking him in the eyes, hoping he'd believe me.

he studied my eyes before nodding and looking back through the terrace giving me view of his back, making me close my eyes in relief, silently letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding.

"You can leave," he said without glancing at me. I felt the tears build up in my eyes as I shakily bowed, and turned towards the door, giving him one last look before leaving.

Cennet, Maria, and even Silahtar were shocked by catching sight of me, expecting me to spend the night,

I took a deep breath, blinking my tears away, avoiding their questioning gazes.

when we were out of Silahtar's sight, Cenner tugged my arm making me look at her, Maria beside her caressing my back.

"What happened? why does your face look so dull?"  she asked gently holding my chin, "I don't even know, Cennet" I whispered not relying on my voice, sniffing before continuing, "I did what I did for his sake, and I don't regret it, I just...I don't know what he is thinking, but I hope that I didn't ruin his opinion of me."

"Don't worry, you did what you had to do, give him some time, now tell me, did you tell him about the pregnancy?" she asked in a low voice,

A slight smile reached my lips at the mention of my pregnancy, I shook my head,  as I touched my flat core, "No, I didn't get the chance" I informed unfortunately, as we continued our way toward the harem.

Just to come upon Farya and Madam her servant. She was well dressed, her hair well done with the usual arrogant smirk displayed on her face.

I was going to ignore her presence, but of course, she had to make a scene, "aren't you going to ask me where I'm going?" she spoke up making me look back at her, a sarcastic smile illustrated on my lips.

"And where would that be 'princess'?" I surveyed, and she stepped closer only inches away from me, her eye lingering on mine intimidatingly.

"To the privy room, where his majesty awaits me," she lulled, as I felt my sadness come to anger, I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath before facing her once more,

"So you'll finally get the chance to visit his majesty, take advantage of it, you never know, it might be your last time," I declared as her face turned sour, I before departed the harem with Cennet and Maria.

Merhaba ❤️
how are you? hope you enjoyed the chapter, Meleksima is finally expecting her first child, but things with Murad aren't the best, but true love has its sunny and rainy days, right?

Much love
çok sevgi ❤️
words 2781

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 628 33
Munira is a young and graceful young Muslim woman.What happens when she crosses path with her complete opposite, A ruthless don. Angelo is a ruthless...
49.2K 1.9K 21
Helen was born in Greece and lived there until her tenth birthday, she was kidnapped by the Tatar and sent as a present to the Ottoman castle. She di...
21.5K 796 14
Being an Ottoman sultana gave you a lot of power, but being born as an Ottoman sultana gave you even more power than anyone could imagine. Elmas su...
2.2K 52 15
Sultan Mustafa was locked up in a room with no outside connection since childhood. However, despite being freed by his brother, he feared for his lif...