Catastrophic Masterpiece

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Cataleya is mysteriously back, but it won't take long to find out how or why. Dean is wrestling with a confe... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Season Four
01. Lazarus Rising
02. Are You There, God? It's Me, Cataleya Delgado
03. In the Beginning
04. Metamorphosis
05. Monster Movie
06. Yellow Fever
07. It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester
08. Wishful Thinking
09. I Know What You Did Last Summer
10. Heaven and Hell
11. Family Remains
12. Criss Angel Is a Douchebag
13. After School Special
14. Sex and Violence
15. Death Takes a Holiday
16. On the Head of a Pin
17. It's a Terrible Life
19. Jump the Shark
20. The Rapture
21. When the Levee Breaks
22. Lucifer Rising
Season Five
23. Sympathy for the Devil
24. Good God, Y'all!
25. Free to Be You and Me
26. The End
27. Fallen Idols
28. I Believe the Children Are Our Future
29. The Curious Case of Dean Winchester
30. Changing Channels
31. The Real Ghostbusters
32. Abandon All Hope...

18. The Monster at the End of This Book

61 4 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

CHUCK'S HOME - NIGHT

Chuck was sprawled on a couch, sleeping with papers clutched to his chest. The coffee table was littered with unfinished food and drinks. He was in the throes off an intense dream about Sam, Dean, Cataleya, the Impala, and himself.

COMIC BOOK SHOP - DAY

A man took a comic book off the shelf. Dean, Sam and Cataleya entered the shop. The boys were in suits and long black coats while Cataleya was in a white blouse and black slacks and a black coat; FBI costumes. The man behind the counter looked up as they approached and took out their badges.

"Uh... can I help you?" the man behind the counter asked.

"Sure hope so," Dean replied. "Agents DeYoung, Shaw and Sucherman. Just need to ask you a few questions."

"Notice anything strange in the building, last couple of days?" Sam questioned.

"Like what?" the man behind the counter wondered.

"Well, some other tenants reported flickering lights," Kennedy informed.

"Uh, I don't think so. Why?"

"What about noises?" Sam inquired. "Any skittering in the walls? Kind of like rats?"

The man behind the counter looked at them skeptically. "And the FBI is investigating a rodent problem?"

"What about cold spots? Feel any sudden drops in temperature?"

The man behind the counter grinned. "I knew it! You guys are LARPing, aren't you?"

"Excuse me?" Dean and Cataleya asked.

"You're fans."

"Fans of what?" Sam questioned.

"What is "LARPing"?" Dean wondered as Cataleya frowned.

"Like you don't know," the man behind the counter said, seeing their confused looks. "Live-Action-Role-Play! And pretty hardcore, too."

Cataleya shook her head. "We have no idea what you're talking about."

"You're asking questions like the building's haunted. Like those guys and girl from the books. What are they called? Uh... "Supernatural." Two guys and one girl, use fake IDs with rock aliases, hunt down ghosts, demons, vampires. What are their names? Uh... Steve, Caylee and Dirk? Uh, Sal, Caitlin and Dane?"

"Sam, Cataleya and Dean?" Sam asked.

"That's it!"

"You're saying this is a book?" Dean questioned.

"Books. It was a series. Didn't sell a lot of copies, though. Kind of had more of an underground cult following." He went over to a table labeled "Bargain Bin" and the hunters followed. "Let's see. Um... Ah. Yeah." He handed Dean a book. "That's the first one, I think."

Dean read the cover of the book. ""Supernatural" by Carver Edlund." He flipped the book over and read the back cover. ""Along a lonely California highway, a mysterious woman in white lures men to their deaths.""

"Give me that," Sam demanded, taking the book from Dean.

Cataleya looked at the man. "We're gonna need all the copies of "Supernatural" you got."

MOTEL ROOM

Dean was reclining on one of the beds, flipping through a book and frowning. Cataleya was on the other bed, reading another book, a scowl on her face. Sam was seated by the window with his laptop.

"This is freakin' insane," Dean said. "How's this guy know all this stuff?"

"You got me," Sam replied.

Dean got up and crossed to Sam, followed by Cataleya, as he asked, "How come we haven't heard of them before?"

"They're pretty obscure. I mean, almost zero circulation. Uh, started in '05. The publisher put out a couple dozen before going bankrupt. And, uh, the last one - "No Rest For The Wicked" -" he turned the laptop towards Dean and Cataleya, displaying a website listing the books, "ends with Catty going to Hell."

Cataleya frowned. "I reiterate his words. Freaking insane." She browsed the site. "Check it out. There's actually fans. There's not many of them, but still. Did you read this?"

"Yeah."

Dean read through the comments. "Although for fans, they sure do complain a lot. Listen to this - Simpatico says "the demon storyline is trite, clichéd, and overall craptastic." Yeah, well, screw you, Simpatico. We lived it."

"Yeah. Well, keep on reading. It gets better."

"There are "Sam girls", "Dean girls" and "Cataleya girls and guys" and - what's a "slash fan"?"

"As in... Sam-slash-Dean-slash-Cataleya. Together. Sometimes in a threesome."

"Like, together together?"

"Yeah."

Dean's lip curled. "They do know we're brothers, right? And you've never had an interest in Leya; I don't think."

"Doesn't seem to matter. No, she's more your type."

"Oh, come on. That... That's just sick," Dean complained before shutting the laptop in disgust, glancing at a frowning Cataleya. "We got to find this Carver Edlund."

"Yeah, that might not be so easy."

"Why not?" Dean and Cataleya asked.

"No tax records, no known address. Looks like "Carver Edlund" is a pen name."

"Somebody's gotta know who he is," Dean said.

Cataleya picked up a book and flipped to the copyright page. "I think I have an idea."

PUBLISHER'S HOUSE

Sam, Dean and Cataleya were meeting with the publisher of the "Supernatural" series; a young, attractive woman in a long sweater. She was eager, but nervous and somewhat skeptical of their intentions.

"So you published the "Supernatural" books?" Sam questioned.

"Yep," the publisher replied. "These books... You know, they never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody wants to read anymore is that romance crap. You know - "Doctor Sexy, M.D."?" She scoffed. "Please."

"Right. Well, we're hoping that our article can... shine a light on an under appreciated series."

"Yeah, yeah, because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press then m-maybe we could start publishing again."

"No, no, no, no," Dean said. "God no. I mean, why - why would you want to do that? You know, it's, uh, such a complete series, what with Cataleya going to Hell."

The publisher began getting emotional. "Oh, my God! That was one of my favorite ones, because Dean was so... strong... and sad and brave. Cataleya's final moments were so sad. And Dean's confession to her after her death. And Sam... I mean, the best parts are when they'd cry. You know, like in - In "Heart" when Sam had to kill Madison, the first woman since Jessica he really loved. And in "Home," when Dean had to call John and ask him for help." She turned away. "Gosh... if only real men were so open and in touch with their feelings."

"Real men?" Dean repeated.

"I mean, no offense. How often do you cry like that, hmm?"

"Well, right now, I'm crying on the inside."

"Is that supposed to be funny?"

"Lady, this whole thing is funny."

"How do I know you three are legit, hmm?"

"Oh, trust me," Cataleya said. "We, um... we're legit."

"Well, I don't want any smart-ass article making fun of my boys and girl."

"No!" Sam exclaimed. "No, no, no. Never," he stammered.

"No, that's..." Dean and Cataleya began.

"We - We are actually, um... big fans."

"Hmm," the publisher hummed. "You've read the books?"

"Cover to cover," Dean answered.

"Um-hmm," Sam said.

Cataleya nodded. "Yup."

"What's the year and model of the car?" the publisher asked.

"It's a 1967 Chevy Impala," Dean stated.

"What's May 2nd?"

"That's my - Uh... that's Sam's birthday," Sam replied.

"January 24th is Dean's," Dean informed.

"May 4th is Cataleya's," Cataleya added.

"Sam's score on the LSAT?" the publisher questioned.

"One..." Sam began, looking at his brother at a loss. "Seventy-four?"

"Dean's favorite song?"

"It's a tie," Dean said. "Between Zep's Ramble On and Traveling Riverside Blues."

"Cataleya's favorite genre of music?"

Cataleya gave a small smile. "Dark country."

"Okay. Okay. What do you want to know?"

"What's Carver Edlund's real name?" Sam asked.

"Oh, no. I - No. Sorry, I can't do that."

"We just want to talk to him. You know, get the "Supernatural" story in his own words."

"He's very private. It's like Salinger."

"Please. Like I said - we are, um..." He showed his tattoo.

Dean rolled his eyes and showed his own. Cataleya huffed and showed hers as well.

The publisher licked her lips. "Awesome. You know what?" She turned and hiked up her skirt, Cataleya closed her eyes, and showed them her own. "I got one, too."

"Whoa," Dean commented. "You are a fan."

"Okay." She scribbled something on a pad of paper. "His name's Chuck Shurley. And he's a genius, so don't piss him off."

INT. CHUCK'S HOME

A printer was spitting out several pages. Chuck appeared wearing boxers, an undershirt and a bathrobe as he stuffed the end of a slice of pizza in his mouth. He sat at the desk, pulled the pages from the printer, and cleared his throat.

Chuck began reading. ""Sam, Dean and Cataleya approached the run-down..."" he sighed and made a correction, ""... approached the ramshackle house with trepidation.""

EXT. CHUCK'S HOME

Dean, Sam and Cataleya got out of the Impala.

""Did they really want to learn the secrets that lay beyond that door?""

Sam, Dean and Cataleya stopped in front of the door, shared a look, and shrugged.

""Sam, Dean and Cataleya traded soulful looks.""

INT. CHUCK'S HOME

""Then, with determination, Dean pushed the doorbell with forceful... determination."" He tossed the pages down in frustration. "Ugh!"

The doorbell rang. He looked up, nervous, then went to answer it.

"You Chuck Shurley?" Dean asked.

"The Chuck Shurley who wrote the "Supernatural" books?" Sam added.

"Maybe," Chuck replied. "Why?"

"I'm Dean," Dean said. "This is Sam and that's Cataleya. The Dean, Sam and Cataleya you've been writing about."

Chuck closed the door. Dean rang the doorbell again and Chuck opened the door. "Look, uh... I appreciate your enthusiasm. Really, I do. It's, uh, it's always nice to hear from the fans. But, uh, for your own good, I strongly suggest you get a life." He tried to shut the door, but Dean put out a hand to stop it while Cataleya put a foot in the door.

"See, here's the thing," Dean replied. "We have a life. You've been using it to write your books." He shoved the door open and entered, forcing Chuck to back up into the house.

"Now, wait a minute. Now, this isn't funny."

"Damn straight, it's not funny," Cataleya snapped.

"Look, we just want to know how you're doing it," Sam told Chuck.

Chuck frowned. "I'm not doing anything."

"Are you a hunter?" Dean questioned.

"What? No. I'm a writer."

"Then how do you know so much about demons?" He and Cataleya advanced on Chuck, who fell onto the couch. "And Tulpas, and changelings?"

"Is this some kind of "Misery" thing? Ah, it is, isn't it? It's a "Misery" thing!"

Dean narrowed his eyes. "No, it's not a "Misery" thing. Believe me, we are not fans!"

"Well, then, what do you want?!"

"I'm Sam," Sam explained. "And that's Dean and Cataleya."

"Sam, Dean and Cataleya are fictional characters. I made them up! They're not real!"

EXT. CHUCK'S HOME

Dean opened the trunk of the Impala, displaying the arsenal. Chuck looked at it, shocked.

"Are those real guns?" Chuck asked.

"Yup," Dean confirmed. "This is real rock salt, these are real fake IDs."

"Well, II got to hand it to you guys. You really are my number one fans." He was still nervous. "That's, that's awesome. So, I-I think I've got some posters in the house."

"Chuck, stop."

"Please. Wait. Please, don't hurt me."

"How much do you know?" Sam asked. "Do you know about the angels? Or Lilith breaking the seals?"

"Wait a minute. How do you know about that?"

Cataleya crossed her arms. "The question is how do you."

"Because I wrote it."

"You kept writing?" Sam questioned.

"Yeah, even after the publisher went bankrupt, but those books never came out. Okay, wait a minute. This is some kind of joke, right? Did that - Did Phil put you up to this?"

Cataleya stared at Chuck. "Well, nice to meet you. I'm Cataleya Ana Delgado, and these two are friends Sam and Dean Winchester."

"The boys' last name and Cataleya's middle name were never in the books. I never told anybody about those. I never even wrote those down."

INT. CHUCK'S HOUSE

Chuck poured himself a large whiskey and gulped it down, then set the glass on the kitchen sink. He turned, saw Sam, Dean and Cataleya, and groaned.

"Oh!" Chuck cried. "Oh, you're still there."

"Yup," Dean and Cataleya said.

"You're not a hallucination."

"Nope."

"Well, there's only one explanation. Obviously I'm a god."

"You're not a god," Sam told him.

"How else do you explain it? I write things and then they come to life. Yeah, no, I'm definitely a god. A cruel, cruel, capricious god. The things I put you through - The physical beatings alone."

"Yeah, we're still in one piece," Dean said.

"I killed your father. I burned your mother alive. And then you had to go the the whole horrific deal again with Jessica."

"Chuck..." Sam began.

"All for what? All for the sake of literary symmetry. I toyed with your lives, your emotions, for... entertainment."

"You didn't toy with us, Chuck," Dean told him. "You didn't create us."

"Did you really have to live through the bugs?"

"Yeah."

"What about the ghost ship?"

"Yes, that too."

"I am so sorry. I mean, horror is one thing, but forced to live bad writing... if I would have known it was real, I would have done another pass."

"Chuck, you're not a god!" Cataleya yelled.

"We think you're probably just psychic," Sam said.

"No," Chuck replied. "If I were psychic, you think I'd be writing? Writing is hard."

"It seems that somehow, you're just... focused on our lives."

"Yeah, like laser-focused," Dean added. "Are you working on anything right now?"

Chuck suddenly realized something. "Holy crap."

"What?" Sam questioned.

Chuck picked up the pages he was reading. "The, uh, latest book? It's, uh, it's kind of weird."

""Weird" how?"

"It's very Vonnegut."

""Slaughterhouse-Five" Vonnegut or-" Dean began.

""Cat's Cradle" Vonnegut?" Cataleya finished.

"What?" Sam asked, surprised, mostly at his brother.

"What?" Dean and Cataleya questioned defensively.

"It's, uh, "Kilgore Trout" Vonnegut. I wrote myself into it. I wrote myself, at my house... confronted by my characters," Chuck told them.

LAUNDROMAT

Sam was doing laundry as Dean and Cataleya sat by, reading Chuck's latest manuscript.

"I'm sitting in a laundromat, reading about myself sitting in a laundromat reading about myself. My head hurts," Dean said.

Kennedy nodded. "Oh, yeah. I'm gonna need an Advil. And a drink. Or several."

"There's got to be something this guy's not telling us," Sam stated, turning to toss his darks into the machine.

Dean continued reading. ""Sam tossed his gigantic darks into the machine. He was starting to have doubts about Chuck, about whether he was telling the whole truth.""

"Stop it."

Cataleya started reading aloud. ""Stop it," Sam said." Guess what you do next." Sam turned away with a scowl. ""Sam turned his back on Dean and Cataleya, his face brooding and pensive." I mean, we don't know how he's doing it, but this guy is doing it. We can't see your face, but those are most certainly your "brooding and pensive shoulders." Sam sighed, exasperated.

Dean looked down at the manuscript. "You just thought I was a dick and that she should shut up."

Sam turned around, looking impressed. "The guy's good."

CHUCK'S HOUSE

Sam, Dean and Cataleya were back, and Chuck paced nervously, trying to build up the courage to speak. He held more pages in his hands.

"So... You wrote another chapter?" Sam asked.

"This was all so much easier before you were real," Chuck told them.

"We can take it, just spit it out," Dean said.

Chuck looked between Dean and Cataleya. "You especially are not gonna like this."

"I didn't like Hell," Cataleya reminded Chuck.

"It's Lilith. She's coming for Sam," Chuck informed.

"Coming to kill him?" Dean and Cataleya questioned.

"When?" Sam inquired.

"Tonight," Chuck replied.

"She's gonna just show up? Here?" Dean asked.

Chuck sat and put his glasses on. "Uh... let's see, uh," he read from the manuscript, ""Lilith patted the bed seductively. Unable to deny his desire, Sam succumbed, and they sank into the throes of fiery demonic passion.""

Sam laughed. "You're kidding me, right?"

Dean glanced at his brother. "You think this is funny?"

"You two don't? I mean, come on. "Fiery demonic passion"?"

"It's just a first draft," Chuck explained.

Dean held a hand up. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, Lilith is a little girl."

"No, uh, this time she's a "comely dental hygienist from Bloomington, Indiana.""

Dean and Cataleya glared at Chuck as the elder Winchester asked, "How does this whole psychic thing of yours work?"

"You mean my process?"

"Yes, your "process.""

"Well, it usually starts with a headache. A really bad headache. Aspirin is useless, so... I drink. Until I fall asleep. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a crazy dream."

Cataleya frowned. "The first time you dreamt about us?"

"It flowed. It just, it kept flowing. It still does. I-I can't stop it, really."

"You can't seriously believe-" Sam began.

"Humor me," Dean said, standing and Chuck held up the manuscript for him. "Look, why don't we, we just..." He took the manuscript. "Take a look at these and see what's what." He turned to Chuck. "You-"

"...knew you were gonna ask for that," Chuck finished. "Yeah."

ROAD

Dean was driving, Cataleya was in back, and Sam sat in the passenger's seat, reading the latest chapter.

"Dean, Catty, come on," Sam said as he read. ""The minivan accident wasn't that bad, but Dean was still seeing stars. He scratched absently at the pink flower Band-Aid on his face.""

"So?" Dean and Cataleya questioned.

"So, I've seen you two gushing blood. You'd both use duct tape and bar rags before you'd put on a pink flower Band-Aid."

"What's your point?" Dean asked.

"My point is this - all of this - is totally implausible, it's nuts."

"He's been right about everything so far," Cataleya commented. "You think he's just gonna ground out at first now?"

Sam scoffed and continued reading. "Huh. "Dean slid behind the wheel of his beloved Impala, Cataleyaclimbed into the passenger's seat, and drove off, the plastic tarp on the rear window flapping like wings of a crow.""

"A tarp?" Dean repeated.

"Yeah. On the rear window. And you drive it like that."

"Well, he might be wrong about the details, but doesn't mean he's wrong about the end result."

"So we're just gonna run?"

Cataleya poked her head between the brothers. "Dude, we are a long way from ready for a face-to-face death match with Lilith."

They came to a roadblock and stopped. A deputy leaned over to talk to Dean.

"What seems to be the problem?" Dean asked.

"Bridge is out ahead," the deputy replied.

"We're just trying to get out of town."

"Yeah, afraid not..."

"Is there a detour?"

"Nope."

"There's not a side road that takes us to the highway?"

"To get to the highway, you have to cross that river. To cross that river, you have to take that bridge."

"How deep's that river?"

"Sorry. Afraid you boys and girl are gonna have to spend the night in town."

DINER

Dean read the manuscript as Sam looked at a menu and while Cataleya silently played with a napkin.

"Hey, this could be a good thing," Dean said. "I mean, if this is what puts us on the path to Lilith, then all we got to do is get off the path."

"How do you mean?" Sam asked.

"It's a blueprint of what not to do. I mean, if the pages say that we go left-"

"Then we go right," Cataleya finished, glancing up.

"Exactly. We get off-book. We never make it to the end. It's opposite day. It says that we, uh, we get into a fight. So, no fighting. No research for you..."

"No bacon cheeseburger for you," Sam replied.

Dean looked slightly put out as he answered, "Yeah, no problem. We'll just order something else."

The waitress approached and Cataleya questioned, "Hi, um, what's good?"

"Well, if you like burgers, Oprah's girlfriend said we have the best bacon cheeseburgers in the country."

Sam laughed.

"Really?" Dean questioned.

"I'll just have the Cobb salad, please," Sam said.

"I'll have the... veggie tofu burger," Dean decided. "Thanks."

"Turkey sandwich for me, please and thank you," Cataleya said.

The waitress took their menus and left.

Sam looked back at his brother and friend. "This whole thing's ridiculous."

"Lilith is ridiculous?" Dean and Cataleya asked.

"The idea of me hooking up with her is."

"Right," Dean noted. "'Cause something like that can never happen."

Sam began scowling, then controlled himself. "Dean, Catty, for the first time, we have warning that Lilith is close."

"So?" Kennedy pressed.

"So... we've got the jump on her. If we know when she's coming, we know where she's - this is an opportunity."

"Are you-" Dean began, trying not to get angry. "It frustrates me when you say such reckless things."

"Well, it frustrates me when you'd both rather hide than fight."

The waitress returned with their food. "Cobb salad for you. And the tofu veggie burger for you and the lady."

"Thank you," Dean replied as the waitress left and he leaned in close. "It's not hiding. It's being smart. It's picking your battles. This is a battle that we are not ready to fight."

Cataleya nodded. "Yeah, you wanna charge in head first, be my guest, but you could lose your life."

Dean took a huge bite of his burger. "Oh, my God. This is delicious. Tofu is amazing!"

The waitress approached, getting flustered. "I am so sorry. I gave you the bacon cheeseburger by mistake." She took his plate away.

Sam scowled and Cataleya cursed under her breath.

EXT. TOREADOR MOTEL - DAY

Sam, Dean and Cataleya drove up to a sleazy-looking motel and pulled into the parking lot.

"Dude, this place charges by the hour," Sam said.

"Yeah, well, the book says Lilith finds you at the Red Motel," Dean replied. "Hence, the uh, hooker inn. It's opposite day, remember?"

Cataleya huffed. "Something bad happens to me, you're both dead men."

"Relax, princess. I pity the guy who tries to hurt you."

"Shut up."

"It was a compliment."

"Keep telling yourself that."

INT. TOREADOR MOTEL

Dean dropped a bag on the bed and started pulling out items. He took out a few small string-tied bags, handed some to Cataleya, and they placed them around the room.

"What are you two doing?" Sam asked.

"Couple of hex bags ought to Lilith-proof the room," Dean explained.

"So, what? I'm supposed to just hole up here all night?"

Cataleya reached into Sam's bag, pulled out his laptop, and hugged it to her chest with a smile.

"Oh, Catty, come on," Sam protested.

"Call it a little insurance," Cataleya replied.

"What are you two gonna do?"

"Well, the pages say that Leya and I spend all day riding around in the Impala," Dean said. "So we're gonna go park her. Behave yourself, would you? No homework. Watch some porn." He smiled, pleased with himself while Cataleya smirked, and they left as Sam fumed.

As Dean and Cataleya drove away from the motel, the word Toreador sputtered and several lights burnt out. The remaining letters spelled RE D.

ELSEWHERE

Dean parked the Impala and got out, followed by Cataleya. They checked the doors, then walked across the street. Moments later, they looked back to see two teenagers attempting to break into the car.

Dean and Cataleya ran towards them and yelled, "Hey!"

A van careened towards them. Dean pushed Cataleya to the side, but he couldn't get out of the way in time, and the van hit him. He was knocked to the ground, unconscious.

Cataleya ran to Dean's side, checked his pulse, and muttered, "You idiot."

INT. RE D MOTEL

Sam opened the door to reveal Chuck.

"You wanted to see me?" Chuck asked.

"Yeah," Sam answered, looking around swiftly before opening the door wider and Chuck entered. He shut the door behind him. "Thanks for coming."

"Ah, sure."

"Um... I was just wondering how much you know. About me."

"What do you mean?"

"Have you seen visions of me when I'm not with Dean and Catty?"

"Oh... You want to know if I know about the demon blood."

"You didn't tell Dean or Catty."

"I didn't even write it into the books. I was afraid it would make you look unsympathetic."

"Unsympathetic?"

"Yeah, come on, Sam. I mean, sucking blood? You got to know that's wrong."

"It scares the hell out of me. I mean, I feel it inside of me. I... I wish to God I could stop."

"But you keep going back."

"What choice have I got? If it helps me kill Lilith and stop the apocalypse-"

"I thought that was Dean's job. That's what the angels say, right?"

"Dean isn't... he's not Dean lately. Ever since Catty got out of Hell. He needs help."

"So you got to carry the weight?"

"Well, he's looked out for me my whole life. I can't return the favor?"

"Yeah, sure you can. I mean, if that's what this is."

"What else would it be?"

"I don't know. Maybe the demon blood makes you feel stronger? More in control?"

"No. That's not true."

"I'm sorry, Sam. I know it's a terrible burden - feeling that it all rests on your shoulders."

"Does it? All rest on my shoulders?"

"That seems to be where the story's headed."

"Am I strong enough to stop Lilith tonight?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen that far yet."

STREET

Dean woke slowly, still lying in the middle of the road. Cataleya was still kneeling next to him. A woman hovered above them; she had long dangly earrings shaped like stars.

"Oh, my God," the woman said. "Just take it easy, you're gonna be okay."

"Stars," Dean mumbled incoherently.

"What was that?"

He blinked and tried to raise his heads.

The woman continued. "I'm so sorry. I just didn't see you two. Are you okay?" He sat up. "And sorry about... you know." She indicated a young girl standing nearby. "M-My daughter's going through a doctor phase."

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked.

"You're all better now," the girl told him.

The left side of Dean's faces was covered in pink flowery Band-Aids. He looked across the street and stared in horror. The Impala's back window was shattered.

"Oh, no..." Dean trailed.

Dean and Cataleya approached the car, fuming. He caught a glimpse of himself and saw the Band-Aids. He frowned and peeled one off.

Cataleya smirked and took a picture before helping him peel the rest off.

ROAD

Dean and Cataleya drove along, still fuming. A tarp covered the rear window, flapping like the wings of a crow.

CHUCK'S HOME

Chuck, carrying a bottle in a brown bag and a six-pack of cans, unlocked the door to his house and entered. He walked in slowly, not surprised to find Dean and Cataleya sitting in his living room.

"Dean. Cataleya," Chuck noted.

"I take it you knew we'd be here," Dean said.

"You look terrible."

"That's 'cause I just got hit by a minivan, Chuck."

"Oh."

Cataleya narrowed her eyes. "That's it? Every damn thing you write about me and him comes true; that's all you have to say is "oh"?!"

"Please don't yell at me."

"Why do we get the feeling there's something that you're not telling us?" Dean asked.

"What would I be telling you two?"

"How you know what you know, for starters!"

"I don't know how, I just do!"

"That's not good enough." The two shoved Chuck against the wall.

"How the hell are you doing this?!" Cataleya cried.

Castiel appeared out of nowhere. "Dean, Cataleya, let him go!" The two released Chuck and turned to face the angel. "This man is to be protected."

"Why?" Dean and Cataleya questioned.

"He's a Prophet of the Lord."

"You... You're Castiel... aren't you?" Chuck realized.

"It's an honor to meet you, Chuck. I... admire your work." He picked up one of the books and began paging through it.

Dean frowned. "Whoa, whoa, what? This guy, a prophet? Come on, he's - he's... he's practically a Penthouse Forum writer." He turned to Chuck. "Did you know about this?"

Chuck had stumbled over to his armchair. He cracked open a fresh bottle of whiskey and poured himself some. "I, uh, I might have dreamt about it."

"And you didn't tell us?!" Cataleya exclaimed.

"It was too preposterous. Not to mention arrogant. I mean, writing yourself into the story is one thing, but as a prophet? That's like M. Night-level douchiness." He finished his tirade and desperately gulped down the whiskey.

Dean glanced to Castiel and asked quietly, "This is the guy who decides our fate?"

"He isn't deciding anything," Castiel replied. "He's a mouthpiece - conduit for the inspired word."

"The word? The word of God? What, like the new new testament?"

"One day, these books - they'll be known as the Winchester gospel."

"You got to be kidding me," Dean, Chuck and Cataleya said in unison.

"I am not... kidding you."

"If you'd each please excuse me one minute," Chuck told them as he stood, still clutching the bottle, and disappeared upstairs.

"Him?" Dean questioned. "Really?"

"You two should've seen Luke," Castiel answered.

"Why'd he get tapped?"

"I don't know how prophets are chosen. The order comes from high up on the celestial chain of command."

"How high?" Cataleya questioned.

"Very."

"Well, whatever. How do we get around this?"

"Around what?"

"The Sam-Lilith love connection," Dean explained. "How do we stop it from happening?"

"What the prophet has written can't be unwritten. As he has seen it, so it shall come to pass."

EXT. RE D MOTEL - NIGHT

Dean and Cataleya drove to the motel, parked, and got out of the car. They noticed the altered sign read exactly as Chuck's manuscript predicted. They shook their heads and went into the room.

INT. MOTEL ROOM

"Come on," Dean said. "We're getting out of here."

"What? Where?" Sam asked.

"Anywhere, okay? Out of this motel, out of this town. I don't care if we got to swim, we are getting out." He looked around, confused. "Dude, where are all the hex bags?"

"I burned them."

Kennedy frowned. "You what?"

"Look, if Lilith is coming, which is a big "if"-"

"No, no, no. It's more than an "if." Chuck isn't a psychic. He's a prophet."

"What?"

"Cas showed up and apparently Chuck is writing the gospel of you two. Us; despite the fact that I'm not a Winchester. Whatever. Doesn't matter."

"Okay."

"Okay. Let's get the hell out of here," Dean decided.

"No."

"Lilith is gonna slaughter you."

"Maybe she will, maybe she won't."

"So what? You think you can take her?"

"Only one way to find out, Dean, Catty, and I say bring her on."

"Sam..." Dean and Cataleya began.

"You two think I'll do it, don't you? You two think I'll go dark side."

"Yes!" Dean cried. "Okay? Yes. The way you've been acting lately? The things you've been doing?" Sam looked up, startled. "Oh, we know. How you ripped Alastair apart like it was nothing, like you were swatting a fly. Cas told us, okay?"

"What else did he tell you two?"

"Nothing we don't already know. That you've been using your psychic crap, and you've been getting stronger. We just don't know why, and we don't know how."

"It's not what you two think."

"Then what is it, Sam?" Cataleya asked. "'Cause we're at a total loss."

Dean and Cataleya grabbed their bags and headed for the door before stopping and looking back.

"Are you coming or not?" Dean questioned.

"No," Sam replied.

Dean and Cataleya turned back to the door, paused again then dropped the bags forcefully on a chair by the door and the floor before leaving.

EXT. RE D MOTEL PARKING LOT

Dean dropped coins into a soda machine, fuming. He took a step back and looked around. Cataleya stood behind him, crossing her arms.

"Well, I feel stupid doing this," Dean said. "But... Leya and I are fresh out of options. So please. We need some help. I'm praying, okay? Come on. Please."

"Prayer is a sign of faith. This is a good thing, Dean. Cataleya, silent prayers are just as powerful. I heard you," Castiel told them.

"So does that mean you'll help us?"

"I'm not sure what I can do."

Cataleya stood and met Castiel's eyes. "Drag Sam out of here, now. Before Lilith shows up."

"It's a prophecy. I can't interfere."

"You have tested me and him and thrown us every which way. And we have never asked for anything. Not a damn thing. But now we're asking. We need your help. Please."

"What you two are asking, it's... not within my power to do."

"Why?" Dean wondered. "'Cause it's "divine prophecy"?"

"Yes."

"So, what - We're just supposed to sit around and, and wait for it to happen?"

"I'm sorry."

"Screw you. You and your mission. If you don't help us now, then when the time comes and you need me... don't bother knocking."

Cataleya crossed her arms. "Screw everything. Faith, you, your God. I'm done with it all."

The two brushed past Castiel and began to walk away, but stopped at Castiel's voice.

"Dean. Cataleya. Dean. Cataleya."

"What?!" Dean and Cataleya cried.

"You two must understand why I can't intercede. Prophets are very special. They're protected."

"We get that," Dean replied.

"If anything threatens a prophet, anything at all, an archangel will appear to destroy that threat. Archangels are fierce. They're absolute. They're Heaven's most terrifying weapon."

"Right," Cataleya noted, raising a brow. "And these archangels, they're tied to prophets?"

"Yes."

"So if a prophet was in the same room as a demon-" Dean trailed.

"Then the most fearsome wrath of Heaven would rain down on that demon. Just so you two understand... why I can't help."

"Thanks, Cas," Dean and Cataleya said.

"Good luck."

INT. CHUCK'S HOME

Chuck was sprawled on his couch when Dean and Cataleya entered, surprising him.

"What are you two doing here?" Chuck asked. "I didn't write this."

Cataleya rushed Chuck and forced him against a wall. "Come on. We need you to come with us."

"What? Where?"

"To the motel where Sam is," Dean explained.

"That's where Lilith is."

"Yeah, exactly. We need you to stop her."

"Are you two insane? Lilith? I know what she's capable of, Dean, Cataleya. I wrote her."

Cataleya stared at Chuck. "All right, listen to me. You've got an archangel attached to you, okay? All you gotta do is show up and boom! Lilith gets smoked."

"But I-I haven't seen that yet. Th-the story-"

"Chuck, you're the only shot that we've got left," Dean told him.

"But... I'm just a writer."

"This isn't a story anymore, man. This is real! And you're in it! Now, we need you to get off your ass and fight. Come on, Chuck."

"No friggin' way."

A smirk crossed Cataleya's face. "Okay, well, then, how 'bout this - I got a gun in my pocket, as does he, and if you don't come with us, I'll blow your brains out, or have him do it; whatever I decide."

"I thought you said I was protected by an archangel."

"Hmm; interesting exercise. Let's see who's the quicker draw."

INT. MOTEL ROOM

Sam heard a knock at the door and approached it slowly. He turned the handle carefully, then flung the door open. He closed the door and turned.

"Hello, Sam," Lilith greeted.

"I've been waiting for you," Sam said as Lilith's eyes turned white.

"Where's the knife, Sam?"

"On the nightstand. By the bed."

Lilith began walked towards the bed, then stopped. She stooped down and lifted the rug; beneath it was a Devil's Trap. She rolled her eyes and touched the edge of it with a finger; the mark flared and burned away.

She stood to face Sam. "You're gonna have to try a lot harder than that."

"How 'bout this?" Sam shot back, reaching out a hand and concentrated. A wind rose and blew Lilith's hair back, but Sam had no other effect on her.

"You're strong," Lilith commented. "But you're not that strong. Not yet."

Sam narrowed his eyes. "So why don't you throw me around then?"

"Because I can't, and you know it. You're immune to my charms. Seems we're at a stalemate."

"Why are you here?"

"To talk."

Sam scoffed. "Yeah, well, I'm not interested."

"Hmm... even if I'm offering to stand down? From the seals... the apocalypse... all of it?"

"You expect me to believe that?"

"Honestly? No. You were always the smart one. But it's the truth. You can end it, Sam. Right here, right now. I'll stop breaking seals, Lucifer keeps rotting in his cage. All you have to do is agree to my terms."

"Why would you back down? Why now?"

"Turns out, I don't survive this war. Killed off, right before the good part starts."

"What do you want?"

"For it to go back to the way it was. Before I had angels to deal with 24/7. The good old days, when it was all baby blood all the time."

"And what do you want in return?"

"Your head on a stick. Dean and Cataleya's too. Call it a consolation prize. So what do you say, Sam? Self-sacrifice the Winchester way, isn't it?"

"You really think I'm stupid enough to fall for this?"

"I make a deal, I have to follow through. Those are the rules, and you know it. Are you really so arrogant that you would put your life before the lives of six billion people? Maybe it's all that demon blood pumping through your pipes. Man after my own heart."

"You think I'm like you? I am nothing like you."

"Then prove it. Going once." She turned and walked to the bed. "Going twice."

"Fine."

Lilith turned back. "Swell. By the way, a contract with me will take more than a kiss." She sat on the bed. "A lot more. Don't worry. The dental hygienist in here? She wants it bad." She patted the bed.

Sam approached and Lilith ran a hand up his leg as her eyes turned white. She took him by the collar and pulled him down on top of her. When he got close enough, he grabbed the knife and tried to stab her with it. She countered his attack and flipped him over, grabbing the knife. Before she could attack, the door burst open and Dean, Chuck and Cataleya entered.

"I am the prophet Chuck!" Chuck cried.

Lilith frowned. "You've got to be joking." She left Sam and approached Chuck.

"Oh, this is no joke," Dean said.

The room began trembling and a great white light poured in through the window.

Dean continued. "You see, Chuck here's got an archangel on his shoulder. You've got about ten seconds before this room is full of wrath and you're a piece of charcoal. You sure you want to tangle with that?"

Lilith gave Sam one last look, then poured out of her vessel's mouth with a scream.

Cataleya went to check on the woman and saw she was okay.

ROAD

Dean was driving, Sam was in the passenger's seat, and Cataleya was in back. The rear window was still busted, still clumsily covered in a tarp flapping in the wind. Cataleya put her hair up, not wanting it to fly into her face.

"So a deal, huh?" Dean questioned.

"That's what she said," Sam replied.

"To call the whole thing off - angels, seals, Lucifer rising, the whole nine?"

"That was the gist of it."

"Huh," Dean and Cataleya noted.

"What?"

"You didn't think about taking it?" Cataleya asked.

"You kidding me? Catty, you and Dean spent all day trying to talk me off the Lilith track."

"Hey, I'm just saying..."

"She would have found some way to weasel out of it. And all it would have cost us was our lives."

Cataleya let out a sigh. "Yeah, I suppose you're right."

"Anyway, that's not the point."

"What's the point?" Dean wondered.

"The point is, she's scared. I could see it. Lilith is running."

"Running from what?" Dean and Cataleya asked.

"She's not gonna survive the apocalypse. I'll make sure of that."

CHUCK'S HOUSE

Chuck was asleep on the couch, having another dream. He woke suddenly and violently.

"Did you see it?" Zachariah asked.

"Who are you?" Chuck wondered.

"I'm Zachariah. You may know me from your work."

"What do you want?"

"Did you see it?"

Chuck nodded. "Is it true? Is all of that... really going to happen?"

"Have you been wrong so far?"

Chuck got up and headed for a door. "I've got to warn Sam, Dean and Cataleya."

"I wouldn't advise it. People shouldn't know too much about their own destiny. You try... and I'll stop you." Chuck stopped, then began going in another direction. "Where are you going?"

"To go kill myself."

"Don't be melodramatic, Chuck. We'd only bring you back to life."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"What you always do. Write."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 1.6K 36
It's not easy for being a demon, but being the princess of hell, it's twice as hard. When Victoria was twelve years old, she tried to sell her soul f...
22.9K 634 23
Your a 4 year old girl playing when all of a sudden your father gets killed by a unknown creature you are yet to discover at this young age. A man wi...
2.6K 25 32
After a year of living an apple-pie life, Dean is back. Castiel is hiding something and once the truth gets out, things will get ugly. It's a whole...
3.6K 117 60
With a year for his brother to live, Sam is desperate to find a way for him to be free of it. Seven Deadly Sins brings a trio of three together, for...