All in One - Milady

By pinkiestwin

Nneka has never been in love before, but everything changed on a trip to Spain. Now Nneka suddenly finds hers... More

Ch. 1: There was One
Ch. 2: Can We Eat
Ch. 3: Doctor Doctor
Ch 4: Laughing Gas
Ch.5 Sweets
CH. 6: Halo's
CH. 7: The Bar
Ch.8: Read Me More
Ch.9: The Letter
Ch. 10: Hello Everyone
Ch.12: I saw something...
Ch.13: Memories?
Ch.14: Meet Us
CH.15: Talk to Me
Ch.16: Convince Me
Ch. 17: Elliot
Ch. 18: Flash Flash
Ch.19: Pink
Ch. 20: New Girl
Ch. 21: Javi
Ch. 22: Rain Rain, Save the Day
CH.23: Paint n' Sip

Ch. 11: The thing is...

53 3 0
By pinkiestwin

Reincarnation? 

Soulmates?

She laughed, but there was truth to what he said.

In another life, she was in love, happy, at home, and protected.

"Wait..." she paused looking around, "Why isn't anyone else laughing?"

Natalie sighed closing her eyes, "Could be either they're stuck on the fact he has a file of information about all of you like some stalker. Or they might actually believe this too."

Natalie looked around. Everyone was silent in thought because she was right, about the first part. They were still stuck on those thick files resting on his desk.

Elliot began first. "Hold on," he said running his hand through his blond hair. "I don't quite understand. Besides what you just said, how did you almost die?"

"My case is different," Javi said. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms against his chest. "I didn't almost die, I died."

They raised their brows at him.

"I think I was medically dead for 3 minutes," he added.

"So what?" Kan said. His fingers dug into his pants while he bit the inside of his mouth. "Because you died, you can now see the future. Is that what you're trying to tell us? What you want us to believe?"

"I didn't see the future," Javi stated. "I saw something else."

"The future," Kan said annoyed.

Elijah eyed him.

Elliot raised a hand hesitating, "Maybe we should do this another time. When we're all calm and relaxed. And have processed whatever this exactly was. " He said looking at Kan.

Kan rolled his eyes, "What more is there? He's a psychic, end of discussion."

Elijah shook his head, "Nah, the blond has a point."

"Elliot." The blond said.

Elijah flashed a grin, "Elliot has a point. Cause I'll be lying if I said I wasn't remotely interested in how all of this is going to play out."

Kan stood up. His eyes brushed past everyone who still seemed concerned about the file behind Javi. "You guys believe him, this?" he questioned.

They nodded, lying. The only reason they agreed was to figure out why Javi was watching them and what else could be in those files. It's just that Kan couldn't grasp that collective thought. His brain seemed focused mainly on the idea that his love life was already predestined. As if unresolved family issues, were being brought up at that exact same moment.

Natalie stood up abruptly, dismissing Kan. "So it's agreed, in a week we'll talk."

Nothing.

Everyone was silent, even Kan who found himself falling back into his seat and staring at the bookshelves behind Javi. It's not like they would listen to him, so he decided to join their crazy plans. Besides, if he was being honest with himself, curiosity got the best of him.

Javi stood up, clapping his hand. "Good, I'll send the details."

Elliot quickly glanced at him and then at the floor, "great..." he dragged.

And just like that everyone was making their way out, except for Nneka who sat there thinking.

Natalie at the door called after her, but Nneka smiled shaking her head. "I'll meet you at home."

Natalie nodded. She walked to Javi who was putting the files back in the drawer.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Nneka asked.

Javi's head spun around, nodding, "Sure, meet me downstairs."

"Cool," she nodded, walking off.

Javi stayed for a while.

He scratched his head and took a deep breath. The plan was in motion, but something was missing or someone. Yet that wasn't important right then.

He fixed the room up a bit. Putting all the chairs where they once were and locking the door behind him.

Once done, he ran out to the first floor, where Nneka sat on the staircase waiting.

She turned to him hearing the creaking of the staircase, and smiled at him. "So..." she began, "What does a soulmate get for free around these parts?"

He chuckled, holding the adjacent door for her. "Follow me."

They walked through the door that connected to the bathroom, just as loud soft music blasted through.

The bar was heavily packed.

They struggled to move through people blocking the way to his office, so he took her hand. Javi grabbed her hand, which surprised her, but made sense of course.

I mean how else was she supposed to get to a place she's never been to before.

He pushed everyone away by clearing a path. And when there was enough room, he gently pulled her beside him and held one side of her waist.

Nneka stared at his hand, blushing, and trying to hide a smile on her face.

Finally, when they reached his office door, he unlocked it and they walked in.

"Please sit." He said texting away, while walking to his desk.

The room was filled with random earth paintings and photographs. From a close-up of grass to paintings of sea animals, and one picture of his fluffy brown dog.

Behind his black desk, there were 2 bookshelves filled with books. And from where Nneka was sitting, she could tell at least some of them were spiritual books like tarot, astrology, all of that.

"You're really into the stars." She says.

Javi looked up from his phone and set it aside. He quickly glances at his books, then at her. "Yeah, it's like my life."

"I see." Nneka nodded, then clicked her tongue tilting her head. "So, was this a team effort or..."

"Should I take that as you don't believe me, or just doubt?"

"Doubt, I suppose."

"Ah..." he grinned, leaning in. "But you're fascinated by it all right?"

Again she nodded, "How am I not? You're telling me 4 gorgeous men are my potential suitors. I feel like a Shakespearean play."

"Well, I'm glad the men are to your liking, looks-wise. I had no control over that."

She laughed. "Funny."

"I aim to please." He winked.

There was a knock on the door.

A girl with long silver hair and a bunch of ear piercings walked in with a basket of seasoned fries and a can of orange soda.

"Your fries and—" she stopped, hesitating as she saw Nneka sitting there.

Nneka turned to the silver-haired girl, and flashed a wide smile, "Hi."

Javi rushed up, thanked her, and grabbed the food handing it to Nneka. "I got you some snacks."

"She's eating in here?" The girl asked.

Javi looked at her surprised and agreed, "Yeah, why wouldn't she."

"Isn't there a rule about eating in your office?" The girl asked, eyes darting between him and Nneka.

"Oh..." Nneka put the food aside, but Javi pushed it right back in front of her.

"She's kidding, Missy kidding, right?" She faked a grin, nodding and closing the door.

"See, she's a kidder."

Nneka hesitated, but Javi pushed the food closer to her. "Please, she's joking."

"Oh, okay." She took a bite.

"Good huh?" "Yeah, they're french fries."

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

Nneka wiped some salt off her fingers, "If it's okay with you, I'd like to know how you died."  

---

Comment, Like and Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 551 18
๐Ÿ‚ Hแด‡สŸสŸแด! แด›สœษชs ษชs แดส า“ษชส€sแด› แด›ษชแดแด‡ แดแด€แด‹ษชษดษข แด€ษด ษชแดแด€ษขษชษดแด‡ sแด›แดส€ส. แด›สœแด‡sแด‡ แด€ส€แด‡ แด€สŸสŸ sแด›แดส€ส's า“ษชสŸสŸแด‡แด… แดกษชแด›สœ ส™สŸแด€แด„แด‹ แดกแดแดแด‡ษด แดกษชแด›สœ แด€สŸสŸ ส€แด€แด„แด‡s. ษชา“ สแดแดœ'ส€แด‡ ษดแดแด› ษชษดแด›แด ษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ส€แด€...
997K 64.4K 42
[ COMPLETED ] Deliverance | โœ“ Book Two Of The Sinners & Saints Series Deliver me. COPYRIGHTED ยฉ MIDNXGHTSUN.
125 1 2
Read to see what happens
5.5K 226 16
They say two broken people can't heal each other. But who says we can't try? I promise to love you unconditionally As long as you promise to always...