REVENANCE

By THQDRAIZO

Kade Northwood, once a powerful, wealthy and corrupt businessman, now driven to commit murder in a fit of rag... More

V1 ‐ C1 - P1: Revenance Pt1.
V1 ‐ C1 - P2: Revenance Pt1.
V1 ‐ C1 - P3: Revenance Pt1.
V1 - C1 - P4: Revenance Pt1.
V1 - C1 - P5: Revenance Pt1.
V1 - C2 - P1: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P2: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P3: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P4: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C2 - P5: Revenance Pt2.
V1 - C3 - P1: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P2: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P3: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P4: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C3 - P5: Entrance Preparation Pt1.
V1 - C4 - P1: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P2: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P3: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P4: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C4 - P5: Entrance Preparation Pt2.
V1 - C5 - P1: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C5 - P3: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C5 - P4: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C5 - P5: Entrance Preparation Pt3.
V1 - C6 - P1: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P2: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P3: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P4: Combative Trials.
V1 - C6 - P5: Combative Trials.
V1 - C7 - P1: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P2: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P3: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P4: Inability.
V1 - C7 - P5: Inability.
V1 - C8 - P1: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C8 - P2: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C8 - P3: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C8 - P4: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C8 - P5: Father Of Lies.
V1 - C9 - P1: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P2: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P3: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P4: Ravenous Wolves.
V1 - C9 - P5: Ravenous Wolves.

V1 - C5 - P2: Entrance Preparation Pt3.

4 1 0
By THQDRAIZO

(INT) means "In Thought" as in thinking.
(MRY) means "Memory" as in remembering something.

----------------------

Mujin found it surprising that a female-sounding owl was addressing him, yet in this world, no one entering ever seemed to question such occurrences. The owl narrowed her eyes, focusing on Mujin, initiating an inspection of his potential.

Talking Owl(INT):
"This kid's potential is incredible..."
"However, something about his potential feels..."
"Off..."
"Perhaps through the guidance of the academy, his capabilities can be further enhanced and refined."

Talking Owl:
"Accepted."

Sighing, Mujin passed through the guards and entered the gate.

Talking Owl:
"Accepted."

He paused, turning to look back when he realized that Haneul had also been accepted.

Mujin Daeho(Kade&INT):
"That brat got accepted?"
"Interesting..."
"I expected him to be rejected within an instant, but this kid seems to have something that intrigued that owl."

Entering through the gate, Haneul scans the area and spots Mujin. He waves and catches up, walking alongside him.

Mujin Daeho(Kade Northwood):
"You got accepted too, huh?"

Haneul Yoon:
"Yeah, I didn't think I'd actually make it this far."

Mujin and Haneul joined a small crowd trailing behind guards and professors, entering the expansive academy.

??? #1:
"Woah..."

??? #2:
"This is where we're going to live in?!"

??? #3:
"Damn, I shouldn't brought more stuff with me if I had known the place would be this big..."

Passing through the second gates, they found themselves in a very large front park bustling with students. The newcomers/potential students garnered attention as they were led by guards and professors toward the grand auditorium.

The small crowd gasped at the beautiful architecture of the auditorium, revealing the academy's longstanding history. The aged East Asian Korean architectural style remained old yet well-maintained, a clean appearance for all to admire.

Connected to the auditorium, candidates noticed an arena behind it. Inside, Mujin and Haneul joined a small crowd of new students seated. Sun-Hee Baek, the Headmistress of Seolmara Academy, entered the stage and positioned herself behind a podium.

Sun-Hee Baek:
"Welcome, aspiring students! I am your Headmistress: Sun-Hee Baek, and today, we will conduct an entrance exam for those who wish to attend the Seolmara Magic Academy."
"Our academy has a reputation for producing some of the most skilled mages in the world, and we only accept the best."

As Sun-Hee continues her greeting, a few seated individuals engage in hushed conversations, some displaying excitement, while others appear bored with the Headmistress's introduction.

Sun-Hee Baek:
"We will select two candidates and have them fight in a duel to see who will be admitted. The winner will be in, and the loser will, unfortunately, be eliminated and will not attend till next year."
"I hope to see some impressive feats of magic from each and every one of you. Do not hold back, and show us what you're truly capable of. Good luck, everyone. May the best mages win."

The examinees turned their attention to the large windows at the side of the auditorium, observing the Seolmara students filling the arena spectator seats. Some that were seated displayed an excited and friendly expression, some displayed serious and focused looks aswell.

Haneul Yoon:
"W- woah... that's quite alot of people, and they're all there to watch us fight..."

??? #1:
"And that's barely half of the school!"

Haneul Yoon:
"...Hey, Mujin."
"Is there anything on your mind right now?"

Mujin ignored Haneul, who looked at the front seats by the stage, where Joon-Ho Kim and his friends were chatting and laughing.

Haneul Yoon:
"Oh..."
"Joon-Ho, he's that guy who did all of those terrible things to you."

Mujin Daeho(Kade&INT):
"Oh kid, you won't even imagine the awful things I'll do to him, and they'll all be much worse than what he's done."
"That's if I'm ever given the chance."

Mujin Daeho:
*Clears throat*
"I know it's not good to let my feelings take control."
"So I'll make sure I'll give him just a little payback for what he did."

The guards stood at attention, while the Headmistress and professors walked to the rear and slid open the door. Sun-Hee, standing with her hands behind her back, addressed the group.

Sun-Hee Baek:
"Stand!"

Upon Baeks call, Mujin, Haneul, and the other candidates rose and followed behind the guards, professors, and the Headmistress.

Walking through the lengthy auditorium corridors, they reach the arena's back room. Sun-Hee indicates the separate changing rooms for both males and females.

Sun-Hee Baek:
"We don't want potential students dirtying up their uniforms, so you'll all be given a wide range clothes and armor."
"You may proceed into the changing rooms."

Timeskip(Almost half and hour later).

As the 25 examinees emerged from the changing rooms, they all wore traditional-style black uniforms that were reminiscent of classical East Asian garb.

A lively commotion emanated from the arena spectator seats outside, where the students eagerly awaited the arrival of the new potential students, eager to see who was joining their school. The chatter and laughter could be heard from afar as excitement filled the air.

Haneul Yoon:
"Can you hear that? There's probably over a hundred people out there."

Mujin, his eyes fixed on the closed door, nodded thoughtfully as the excited noises outside became increasingly loud and joyous in anticipation.

Mujin Daeho:
"They're pretty loud, don't you think?"

Haneul Yoon:
"Although I'm not a loud person myself."
"Seolmarans are quite loud people in general, and our reputation precedes us."
"It shouldn't be surprising, as this is the way they welcome potential students to the school."

A vibrant cacophony of Seolmaran traditional music, accentuated with booming drums, filled the air as the Seolmarans, a people deeply rooted in tradition, welcomed the prospective students. Although the language and names were similar to those of the Koreans in Kades's former world, the Seolmarans appeared to be a distinct group.

A guard walked into the room, stomping his foot on the ground and shouting to gain all the prospective students' attention.

Seolmara Guard:
"Mujin Daeho, please follow me."

Mujin raised an eyebrow at the guard before letting out a sigh as he stood up.

Mujin Daeho(Kade&INT):
"Guess I'm up first, huh?"
"Now, who's the poor kid do I have to beat?"

Mujin followed the guard, who directed him towards a large and dingy room with a metallic gate. Presumably serving as an entrance leading to the arena field.

Seolmara Guard:
"Stand here and wait until your name is called and the gates open!"

The guard then hastily leaves, leaving Mujin alone and in anticipation of the opening of the iron gates.

Mujin waited patiently, the murmurs from the spectators outside gradually subsiding.
In a clear and powerful voice, the announcer declared to the crowd.

Announcer:
"Greetings, students! Today, we will be holding an entrance examination for those who wish to attend our prestigious academy!"
"As part of the exam, two candidates will be selected to compete in a duel on the arena field!"
"The winner will be admitted to the school, while the loser will be eliminated and will not be able to attend until the next academic year!"
"May the best mage win! Good luck to all the candidates."

The crowd roared in excitement and anticipation of the fight.

Announcer:
"Now, let's welcome our first two examinees!"
"Mujin Daeho!"

The metal gates swung open, and Mujin stepped through. Covering his eyes, he waited for them to adjust to the light. As he looked around, he noticed the exceptionally large arena filled with a multitude of people in the audience.

Mujin Daeho(Kade Northwood):
"I'll make sure I just hurry this fight up-"

Announcer:
"And... Joon-Ho Kim!"

Exiting the gates, Joon-Ho wears a smirk. Mujin's initially bored expression transforms into a dark smirk in response.

Mujin Daeho(Kade Northwood):
"Or... maybe not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.3K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
1.2K 14 128
[WARNING: This story may contain sexual activity such as sex (nsfw), rape & etc. Abuse, Murder, some cringy stuff, swearing, Self Harm & Suicide. ] C...
815K 30.1K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...
99.8K 3.7K 121
I was walking back home one night from work, when I unexpectedly got caught in the crossfire of a bank robbery - which results in my death. As life s...