RUNAWAY | the maze runner

By sealkiss

when you wake up in a box with fifty boys looking at you, you've got to... RUNAWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Gally... More

CAST
PLAYLIST

one.

10 0 0
By sealkiss

one.
THE GLADE

Waking up in a dark box with a massive headache wasn't what Maxine expected at all "Ouch." she said while rubbing her head to ease the pain out.

But what was more unexpected is that she wasn't alone in the box, out of nowhere a guy started coughing, "Hello?" he managed to say after a few seconds "Are you okay?" she asked with wide eyes, as the small box was going up.

"Who are you?" he asked without answering her question, "I.. ," Maxine realized she doesn't remember anything. "I don't know."

As the guy stood up she heard growling from a cage beside her, Maxine got closer and the strange animal growled loud at her.

"WHAT IS THAT?" she screamed and stumbled back her back hitting the metal of the box, "Help! help! Help me!" he screamed as the box went up.

The box reached the end and suddenly the red light turned to green and they heard a buzzing sound, the doors of the small box began to open and she sat up with her eyes closed and her hand in front of her to shield her from the rays of the sun.

"There's two of them!" she heard a boy say, "Wait, it's a girl!" another boy said, "A shucking girl!" shucking? What those that mean? Her curiosity grew more as she saw about fifty boys, all standing and laughing.

Talking like they have never seen a girl in their life.

"Go get them." Said also another boy, to a guy with a short haircut that jumped into our box and got closer to us "Day one greenies," The stranger looking straight into her eyes.

Maxine definitely saw his face before, but her loss of memory didn't help so she just shrugged that thought off. "Raise and shine.".

He grabbed us and tossed us to the ground. "Hey!" Maxine yelled as she landed on the ground.

All of the boys started laughing again, "I could use some help in the kitchen." Someone said.

"She's hot," Other boy said "Maybe she can be a Track-hoe, she could bend over and we'll watch." He snickered.

Her head began slightly spinning as Maxine got up and decided that running from those horrific boys was her only option.

along with her the dark haired boy followed her steps.

Some boys whistled and some started shouting, 'Hey we got runners!", Maxine ran as fast as she could until the boy fell and looked up.

"What the...." She did the same as the boy did and saw tall stone walls that could be at least 200 feet high were embracing the place, and a big entry to her left, "What is happening here?" she mumbled to herself.

Although their confusion the boys continued to shout and cheer like they are some circus animals, Maxine turned around studying carefully the place, green surrounding almost the whole place and lot of animals
traveled the place.

She would be lying if the place didn't freak her out.

As much as Maxine wanted to look at the strange place the same guy with the short haircut and the eyebrows grabbed us both for the second time to what looks like a small cell block.

She grunted as she hit the ground "Don't lock us here like that! ," she hit the wall "Agh!"

The dark haired guy got closer to the door to get a good look of the place "Hey." out of the blue a dark-skinned guy came to them, scaring them causing her to jump.

"Hey there Green Beans," Green Beans? Grennies? What is it with the names here? "You're not gonna run again, okay?" Maxine nodded and the other one said nothing, "Good." All he said and went to unlock the door to the cell.

"My name is Alby, can you tell me anything about yourself? Who you are? Where you came from? Anything at all." He introduced himself.

"To much questions at once." Maxine answered while rubbing her temples, the headache from earlier began to develop again.

"No." the dark haired boy whispered, "can you tell me your name?" Alby asked.

"I uh," The dark haired boy could barely let out a word "I can't remember anything." He slightly panicked, "Me either," her eyes traveled to her hands nervously and back to Alby "Why can we remember anything?" Maxine questioned as the dark haired guy repeated her question.

"It's okay," Alby reassured them but it didn't work, as both of them began to panic more and more by any second, "Hey relax," tried to comfort them again "Relax, its normal".

"How can any of this can be normal?" she looked at Alby "I mean, we got here in an elevator box to a strange place surrended by disgusting boys." The panic in her already disappeared and frustration slowly began to rise in her.

"It happens to us all," Maxine just rolled her eyes but stayed quiet "you'll get your names back in a day or two,"

He paused and looked at them "It's the one thing they let us keep." "What is this place?" "let me show you." He offered his hand to them, Maxine took the offer and grabbed his hand.

The two of them walked around the place while Alby explained what is this place, "We eat here, we sleep here, we grow our own food, we build our own shelter." Alby turned to us, "whatever we need the box provides," we continued walking "The rest is up to us.", "The box that we just came from?" She asked "Yeah, its sent up once a month, with fresh supplies and a new Greenie,"

Alby turned to us "This month that's you two, congratulations,", Maxine looked at all the boys working and wondered who could've do that to all of them.

"But that never happened in the three years I've been here." Alby said as his voice got puzzled.

"Sent up? By who though? Who put us here" the dark hair boy asked, "Same question here" she said, "That, we don't know" but their curiosity didn't stop there.

"Hey, you all right Alby?" A lanky blonde boy came to us, "Aha," Alby smiled "Green Beans, meet Newt."

"Hey Newt" she smiled while shaking his hand "When I'm not around, he's in charge." Alby said "Well it's a good thing you're always around then," she looked up at him noticing his strange accent "That some dash you two made earlier." He smiled.

"Sorry about that." She laughed nervously, "That's completely fine," He chuckled.

"For a second I thought you two had the chops to be a runner," he looked at the dark haired boy "Till you face planted," He spoke looking at the dark haired boy.

"But you didn't." Newts gaze shifted to Maxine just a he said Maxine looked away staring at the entry for those tall stone walls.

"A 'Runner'?" Maxine asked curiously while still examining the walls, "Newt, do me a favor, go find Chuck." Alby told Newt "All right." "Thanks.".

"Who is Chuck?" Maxine asked another question, "He will show you two where you sleep, eat, shower and other important stuff."

They continued to walk for a minute with a rather uncomfortable silence until Alby spoke again.

"Look I'm sorry to rush this," Alby grabbed the boy's shoulder "You came up a little late and there's a lot to do, we got something special planned tonight" this time he grabbed Maxine's shoulder

"Yeah, you'll see." A smile appeared on his face.

"I hope you're not afraid of heights," Alby came to a ladder "let's go, come on" he began to climb up as the girl did the same after him,

"Come on 'Greenie'." Maxine looked down and grinned at the boy.

As the reach the top there was only one word Maxine could say "Wow" she was speechless, the place really looked amazing despite all the creepiness.

"This is all we got" Alby leaned against the railing "We've worked hard for it." He paused, "if you respect this place, you two and I will get along just fine.".

"What's out there?" the boy asked Alby witch was ignored, "We only have three rules.
First, do your part, no time for any new freeloaders. Second, never harm another Glader, none of this works unless we have trust. Most importantly, never go beyond those walls, do you understand me Greenies?"

"Ye-"

the girl was about to answer but a voice cut her.

"Hey Alby!" the three of them looked down to see a curly chubby boy waving at Alby, "Hey Chuck, where have you been man?" so this is Chuck?

"You both will go down and go will Chuck." Alby commanded "All right." She said.

"Are you sure it's safe for me to sleep here?," Maxine asked with a worried look on her face "With these boys acting like I'm some piece of fresh meat."

"Don't worry," Chuck said like he was trying to calm Maxine but that wasn't calming her at all.

"I don't think they will actually do something, but if they do Alby will put them in the pit for a couple of days." Tried to calm her again, but himself want sure if his words were true.

"Okay..." she shortly answered to let him continue his duty.

"It's basically the same story for all of us," Chuck said while he's adjusting the hammocks we will later sleep on, "We wake up in the box, Alby gives us the tour then here we are.", "Don't worry," Chuck said as none of them said anything "You're already doing better than I did."

"Really? What did you do then?" Maxie wondered," I klunked my pants three times before they got me out of the pit." Maxine let out a little giggle as Chuck smiled at her, but their moment didn't last long.

"No, come on!" They saw the boy walking towards the entrance of the walls.

"Dude, where are you going" Chuck asked, "I just wanna see." He simply said, "You can look all you want, but you better not go out there.", "What's so special in there?" she asked "Yeah why not, what's through there?" he reinforced her question.

"I don't know, I just know what I'm told," he said "I'm not supposed to leave.", the three of them looked at the entrance and saw to guys running from it.

"Hey Chuck, new Greenie and a girl huh?" one of the two boys who came from the entry said while he smirked, he had blonde hair and was quite tall.

"How does it feel to be promoted?" "Feels great Ben" Ben he was called.

"I thought no one was allowed to leave." The boy said, "I said we're not allowed to leave," Chuck corrected him, "They're different, they're runners. The know more about the maze than anyone.".

"What you just said 'maze'?" "I did?" "Yeah." As they continued talking Maxine's curiosity only grew, so she went closer to the entrance of the 'maze' to take a better look.

"Where are you going? What are you doing?" Chuck nervously asked twice, "I just want to take a closer look.", "I told you, you can't," Chuck looked at her but she continued to walk.

"No one leaves, especially not now, It's not safe." He reminded her, "I'm not going to do anything." she reassured the little boy.

Maxine got a better look at the inside of the maze, ivy was all over the stone wall and it was pretty dark there.

Ignoring Chucks warnings she stepped closer.

"Hey!" out of nowhere someone pushed her to the ground, she grunted "We gotta stop meeting like this Greenie." The guy that got us out of the box said looking up and down at her, "What is wrong with you? Get off me you prick!" Maxine pushed him back and got up.

"Alright, calm calm calm." "You saying calm thirty times won't get me to calm down!" she yelled at him,

"Woah, take it easy, just relax." he fired back, "You just me shoved me to the ground!" she turned around to see everyone watching the scene, "seriously what hell is wrong with you all guys?".

Newt came running "Just calm down alright?" "No! I can't calm down! what the hell are you hiding in there?" Maxine pointed at the so called 'maze',

"were just trying to protect you girl, its for your own good." Alby said.

"Why can't we just go in there?" she insisted, "We can't let you leave." Alby said again, "why not?" as soon as the dark haired boy asked that she hears a loud noise coming from the maze.

She turned around just like everybody else and a strong wind blew on their faces, "What the hell?" she heard the boy whisper.

Just as Maxine wanted to yell at them again, the walls of the entrance began to close.

"Next time, I'm gonna let you leave" Gally said to both of us, "Sure." Maxine sarcastically replied looking at him, that same felling back in the box came back, felling like she knew him before all of this, but of course she shrugged it off like last time.

she really wouldn't want to know this aggressive prick.

"Welcome to the Glade." Alby spoke behind them while the others got back to their work.

EMILY SPEAKS
first chapter!!!!! So exciting🤭 if you liked this chapter please vote and comment!
Bye lovelies🫶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 410 13
When Chu Qianxun was reborn and returned to the beginning of the apocalypse, she vowed to live a better life, live longer, and stay away from those d...
231K 4.5K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
322K 12.6K 16
When aliens invade, four baristas are forced to become the saviours of the world. Grab your double-shot of java and strap in - it's going to be a bum...
3.4K 194 29
Spirits, mysterious beings that come from another world. Their arrival brings destruction and strikes fear in the hearts of men. When the power of lo...