š“šˆšŒš„š‹š„š’š’ | š.šŒš¢š¤ļæ½...

By Klyptomaniac

š‹šžšØš§šØš«šš šŒššš­š¢š¬š¬šž, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate t... More

š“š¢š¦šžš„šžš¬š¬
šŸ¶šŸ¶ | š™ŗšš’šš—šššš›ššŽšš šš‚šš™šš’šš›šš’ššššœ
šŸ¶šŸ· | ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš‚ššššŠšš›šš šš˜šš šš‚šš˜šš–ššŽšššš‘šš’šš—šš šš„nšš”šš—šš˜šš šš—
šŸ¶šŸø | ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™µšš’šš›ššœšš š™ŗšš’šš•šš•
šŸ¶šŸ¹ | ššƒšš‘ššŽšš’šš› š™æšš›šš˜ššššŽššŒšššš˜šš›
šŸ¶šŸŗ | š™¼ššŠššœššœššŠššŒšš›ššŽ š™°ššššššŽšš› š™¼ššŠššœššœššŠššŒšš›ššŽ
šŸ¶šŸ» | š™¼ššŠššœšššššžššŽšš›ššŠššššŽ
šŸ¶šŸ¼ | š™°šš— š™¾šš•šš š™µšš›šš’ššŽšš—šš
šŸ¶šŸ½ | š™ŗššŠššššŽšš›šš’šš—ššŠ š™æššŽšššš›šš˜ššŸššŠ
šŸ¶šŸ¾ | š™ŗššŠšš–šš’šš”ššŠšš£ššŽ š™¼šš’ššœššœšš’šš˜šš—
šŸ¶šŸæ | š™½šš˜šš‹šš•ššŽ šš‚ššŠššŸšš’šš˜ššžšš›
šŸ¶šŸ·šŸ¶ | š™ŗšš•ššŠššžššœ
šŸ¶šŸ·šŸ· | š™²šš‘ššŠšš•šš•ššŽšš—ššššŽ š™°ššŒššŒššŽšš™ššššŽšš
šŸ¶šŸ·šŸø | š™° ššƒšš›ššžššŽ š™·šš¢šš‹šš›šš’šš
| š’š„š€š’šŽš š“š‡š‘š„š„ |
šŸ¶šŸ·šŸ¹ | šš‚ššžšš–šš–ššŽšš› š™·šš¢šš‹šš›šš’šš š™·ššžšš—šššš’šš—šš
šŸ¶šŸ·šŸŗ | š™±ššŽšššš›ššŠšš¢šš•ššœ
šŸ¶šŸ·6 | šš‚ššžšš›ššŸšš’ššŸšš˜šš›ššœ š™¶ššžšš’šš•šš
šŸ¶šŸ·šŸ½ | ššššŽššŸššŽšš—ššššŽ
018 | š™¾šš›šš’šššš’šš—ššœ
šŸ¶šŸ·9 | š™²šš˜šš—ššššŽššœššœšš’šš˜šš—ššœ
šŸ¶20 | š™¼ššŠššœšš”ššŽšš š™°ššœššœššŠššœššœšš’šš—ššœ
šŸ¶šŸø1 | š™æššŠšš’šš—
šŸ¶šŸø2 | š™¼šš¢ššœššššŽšš›šš¢ šš„šš™šš˜šš— š™¼šš¢ššœššššŽšš›šš¢
šŸ¶šŸø3 | ššššŽššŠšš•šš’šššš¢
šŸ¶šŸø4 | ššƒšš’šš–ššŽ & š™·šš’ššœšššš˜šš›šš¢
šŸ¶šŸø5 | š™°šš—ššœšš ššŽšš›ššœ
šŸ¶šŸø6 | š™½šš’šššš‘šššš–ššŠšš›ššŽššœ
šŸ¶šŸø7 | šš‚ššŽššŒšš˜šš—šš ššƒšš›šš¢
šŸ¶šŸø8 | ššššŽššššžššŒššŽšš ššƒšš˜ š™°ššœšš‘ššŽššœ
šŸ¶29 | š™²šš‘ššŠšš˜ššœ
šŸ¶30 | š™»šš˜ššœšš
ļ¼“ļ¼©ļ¼­ļ¼„ļ¼¬ļ¼„ļ¼³ļ¼³
šŸ¶šŸ¹1 | ššƒšš šš˜ šš‚šš’ššššŽ šš˜šš ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš‚ššŠšš–ššŽ š™æšš˜šš’ššœšš˜šš—ššŽšš š™²šš˜šš’šš—
šŸ¶šŸ¹2 | šš†šš‘ššŠššššŽššŸššŽšš› š™øšš ššƒššŠšš”ššŽššœ
šŸ¶šŸ¹šŸ¹ | ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™»ššŠšš ššœ šš˜šš š™° š™·ššžšš—ššššŽšš›
šŸ¶šŸ¹šŸŗ | ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™“šš—šš šš’ššœ š™½ššŽššŠšš›
šŸ¶šŸ¹šŸ» | šš‚ššŠššŒšš›šš’šššš’ššŒššŽ
šŸ¶šŸ¹šŸ¼ | ššššŽššššžšš›šš—ššŽšš ššƒšš˜ š™²šš‘ššŠšš—ššššŽššœ
| š’š„š€š’šŽš š…šŽš”š‘ |
šŸ¶šŸ¹šŸ½ | šš†šš˜šš›šššš‘šš¢ šš˜šš š™°šššš‘ššŽšš—ššŠ
šŸ¹šŸ¾ | šš†šš‘šš˜ šš’ššœ šš‘ššŽ?
| š€š”š“š‡šŽš‘š’ ššŽš“š„ |
šŸ¹šŸæ | ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™³šš’ššœššŒšš˜ššŸššŽšš›šš¢ šš˜šš š™»ššŽšš˜šš—ššŠšš›šššš˜
šŸŗšŸ¶ | š™¹ššžššœšš š™½šš˜šš šš‚šš–ššŠšš›šš š™“šš—šš˜ššžšššš‘

šŸ¶šŸ·šŸ» | ššƒšš‘ššŽ š™“šš—šš šš˜šš š™·šš’ššœšššš˜šš›šš¢

1.7K 68 14
By Klyptomaniac

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪
015 | The End of History

"Your father was a multi-millionaire?" Rebekah questioned, impressed. She was currently leaning over Leonora to read the screen and was shocked to find her bestfriends father to be of a great succession.

However, Leonora wasn't so impressed. "Didn't even know it. Guy spent all his time at home at in the lab." She printed off the paper and stuck it onto her theory board. "There was a lot I didn't know about my father." She sadly muttered.

She had never bothered to look into her family name considering she didn't consider it a 'family'. They were just two smart people living in the same house. She knew her father was of success considering his ability to own a literal lab in the basement, but she didn't believe him to be a creator of one of the biggest successful business back in the 50s.

Nor was she ever going to bother, she left all that a long time ago. But with the sudden appearance of her deceased mother and revelation of a twin brother. She had to dig down her own grave and explore the life she had buried deep down.

"So we're trying to find your brother? And to find your brother we're going through your fathers stuff?" Rebekah said with a confused tone, she didn't understand why they were looking into her father when they were looking for her brother. "Because my father was a scientist. He would have documented everything. If I find his documents I can find his life's work and clues about my missing relative."

Rebekah glanced to Leonora with a knowing look. "Your brother." The time-traveller nodded. "Yeah, my relative. I need to find out more, feel free to stay or go, I don't mind." She missed the sad look Rebekah threw at her, for the Original knew what she was doing.

Rebekah knew she was disassociating herself with her supposed 'twin brother' because she doesn't believe it. Despite her mother being the one to tell her, Leonora still didn't believe that all her life she had gone naive to the knowledge of a blood relative. So she was treating this as though it were any of piece of information instead of a missing persons case. It saddened Rebekah because she knew how lonely she has felt. All her life, walking the earth by herself, welcoming era and era with open arms and yet. She was alone in it all.

Her mother had died, her father was mentally absent, leading her to grow up independent and self-reliant. She couldn't make any long-term friends because she never belonged in the time period. Leonora has never even belonged to a specific species because what she is was never meant to exist. No family, no friends, no species to relate with. She was truly and utterly by herself.

Even now, Leonora isolates herself within her own work and mind. She eliminates any possible chance of a bond because she's never had one before, she's only ever had herself. Which is why Leonora treasures the little friendships that she has because it's her first time gaining something like that before.

Rebekah played with a lock of her hair before pulling Leonora out of her chair. "Nu uh sister. You, are coming with me to school." Leonora spun on her chair to face the blonde with a disgusted look on her face. "School? I already graduated back in the 80s."

Rebekah rolled her eyes and dragged her to the front door after picking up her back. "Yes, I know. But, you just had to see your mother who had died when you were born. Your not allowed to be left on your own right now." She didn't leave any argument as she had vamp-sped Leonora and her to mystical falls.

Leonora grabbed her hair and patted it down while grumbling. "I hate vampire speed." The two girls began to walk to school. Rebekah compelling the teachers to pay her bestfriend no mind throughout the day. But she had to pay the price of Leonora constantly correcting the teachers on their knowledge, making Rebekah want to smash her head through a wall.

School day had passed and Leonora was currently sitting on the soft grass while Rebekah stretches, clad in sports clothing whereas she was still in her suit. She stayed down as Elena walked up to the two and begun to talk to Rebekah. "You. Goody." Rebekah sarcastically said.

"I was hoping we could talk." Elena said, glancing to Leonora on the ground with an odd look. Rebekah also looked to Leonora, but with an amused expression before turning back to the doppelgänger. "About what? Stefan? Don't worry, I'm off him until he starts to treat me better. In fact, you should take a page out of my book. If I'm being honest."

"Actually, I'd rather talk about this." Elena said while pulling out photos of old writings. "I'm confused as why you and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father." At Elena's words, Leonora quickly stood up and became alarmed.

If they knew about Mikael there was an absolute certainty that they would resurrect him and bring him to Mystic Falls. Leonora had just put him away a decade ago, the time in which she nearly lost her life. And she wasn't ready to try put him down a second time all because the Salvatores want to keep Elena safe.

Rebekah and Leonora shared a look of hidden panic, but Rebekah was thankful that she had dragged her to school. Considering, Leonora was the only person to ever achieve in defeating Mikael. If Rebekah had to choose, she'd stay with Leonora all the time.

"I should get back to the girls. Homecoming's right around the corner and Leonora needs to help me get my tan." Rebekah took her arm and turned the two away from the doppelgänger. But at Elena's next words, Leonora spun around in absolute alarm. "Well, maybe I'll ask him when we wake him."

"You're bluffing, Elena. You don't know where he's kept. Only one person does." Leonora said, not believing the doppelgänger to know where she had hidden 'The Destroyer'. Rebekah nodded, backing up her point.

Elena looked to Leonora with a challenging expression. "So then who's rotting in that old cemetery in Charlotte?" Leonora calmly walked up to Elena and asked. "Who told you that?"

The doppelgänger leant back from her close proximity and confidently answered. "No one. Katherine and Jeremy found him." Leonora rolled her eyes and backed off, Katherine always had to ruin everything.

Rebekah joined Leonora's side and alarmingly said. "If you wake Mikael, we are all doomed." But Elena persisted in gaining information. "So then tell me." Rebekah looked to Leonora before the suited time-traveller asked. "Why do you want to know? You'll take what we say in no mind and do what benefits to you."

Elena looked to Leonora in a questioning look as she referred to her knowing about Mikael too. "I didn't know you knew Mikael." Leonora looked Elena in the eye with a deadly expression. "Who do you think put him down?"

Leonora watched as Elena took a couple steps back from her; in shock or fear, she did not know. But Elena's expression had morphed from confidence to confusion and shock. "You put Mikael down?"

Both Rebekah and Leonora nodded to her words, Elena with a still shocked face, asked. "Why? What did he do? Why don't you want me to wake him?"

Rebekah dis-allowed Leonora from answering as she took her arm and dragged her away after saying to Elena. "I need to get back to the girls." They didn't look back as they walked off, Rebekah clutching her best-friends arm as she remembered back to Mikael beating her brother to a pulp.

"I won't let anything happen. I'm your protector, remember?" Leonora clutched Rebekah's hand in comfort, assuring her that nothing would happen.

"I'm going to tell her. Maybe it will change her mind if she knew how destructive Mikael was." Leonora didn't agree with her nor disagree. "Whatever you choose, I'll be there."

【--------------】

Leonora was on a table at the Salvatore house as Elena arrived, who looked at her with confusion before Rebekah walked in with a bottle of alcohol. "All right girls! Have at it!" Six girls walked into the room, show-casing different types of dresses for Rebekah to wear to home-coming. Leonora wasn't going considering she didn't go to the school nor did she have the interest. However she was still doing Rebekah's makeup.

"Okay, now twirl please." Rebekah kindly demanded, looking at the different rays of colours and styles. Leonora nodded at the red one, deciding it to be fit for Rebekah's complexion. Elena looked annoyed and a bit disbelieved as she irritatingly said. "You compelled yourself your own private runway show?"

Rebekah looked to her in an obvious expression. "I need a home-coming dress. So, what do you think? Leo thinks red, but I need an outsiders opinion. Pick one." Elena looked to the two girls with annoyance and dislike. She scoffed as she said. "I'm not here to help you shop. I'm here to talk about why you don't want me to wake up Mikael."

Leonora shook her head at the obvious stupidity of Elena. If Mikael has the ability to make multiple Original Vampires fear him, then obviously he's dangerous.

Rebekah fake smiled at her before speeding behind one of the girls and displaying her Vampire face, grazing the women's neck with her fangs. Making Elena stutter out and run forward, but Leonora held up a casual hand and her steps were faltered. "I said pick one, Elena." The doppelgänger looked to Leonora in anger before stuttering out a choice. "The red one."

"There. That wasn't so hard, was it?" Rebekah said, stroking the girls head. Leonora was eager to hear the Origins of the first vampires, despite hearing it multiple times, it engaged her focus. "Go away. Remember nothing." Rebekah compelled.

Leonora watched Rebekah slowly walk to Elena, making her frown and take and lean back. "You do not threaten me. You will learn what I allow you to learn. Is that clear?" Elena slowly shook her head, avoiding eye contact with both girls.

She released her hold on the doppelgänger and got up off the table, following Rebekah out of the room and towards Stefan's room where they began to snoop. "How fun is this?" Rebekah excitedly laughed out while going through Stefan's drawers. Leonora laid on the bed as she had received multiple messages from Klaus. But she still listened in.

From Klaus: Matisse? Who is he?
- Love?
- Little star? You cannot just drop that on me and disappear.
- Leonora.
- I will do this just this once. For you. But you better answer me little star.
- Leonardo Matisse last seen in France, Paris back in, 1988. Who is he love?

To Klaus: Thank you. He's apparently my twin brother.

From Klaus: Twin? You never told me you had a twin, love.

To Klaus: Because I only just found out. Thank you for finding something on him.

From Klaus: I'd do anything for you, my love.

She pocketed her phone with a smile, looking at she saw Rebekah looking at her with a knowing look. Dropping the smile, she began to listen in to Elena's whining. "We shouldn't be here."

"Of course we should." Rebekah said, opening a drawer and pulling out some grey boxers, making Leonora scrunch her face up in disgust. "Come on, like you've never wanted to snoop." She held up the boxers in fascination. "Boxer briefs. Now that's a change from the 20s"

Leonora laughed out. "What?" She was stuck on what men in the 20s wore now. Thongs? Speedos? Nothing..?

Elena crossed her arms after looking to Leonora, annoyed. "Are you going to laugh and root through his stuff all night or are you going to start your story?"

Leonora sighed and just laid on the bed, listening to the two girls. "Well, what do you want to know?" Rebekah gave in, sitting next to Leonora, but picked up a book laying on the side.

"Well, Elijah said that your father was a landowner in Europe." Leonora gave her an impressed nod considering she remembered that far back to when Elijah had told the story. "How did you guys end up here?"

Rebekah began to flick through the pages. "My parents had just started a family when the plague struck their homeland. They lost a child to it. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate." Leonora listened in intently to the detailed story.

"So how did you end up here?" Elena asked. "This part of the world hadn't even been discovered yet?" She finished.

Leonora smiled to herself before answering for Rebekah. "History books hasn't recorded everything Elena." Rebekah nodded to the girl before carrying on. "But my mother knew the witch Ayana, who heard from the spirits, of the mystical land where everyone was healthy. Blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That led my family here, where we lived amongst those people."

Leonora sat up in amazement. "You lived alongside werewolves?" She asked in excitement. Rebekah looked to her and nodded with a smile at her excitement. "To us, they were just our neighbours. My family lived in peace with them for over 20 years, during which time my family had more children. Including me."

"You make it sound so normal." Elena commented, still standing by the doorway. Rebekah smiled in memory. "It was." She continued. "Once a month our family retreated into the caves beneath our village. The wolves would howl through the night and by morning we'd return home. One full moon, Klaus and my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch the men turn into beasts. That was forbidden. Henrik paid the price. And that was the beginning of the end of peace with our neighbors.."

Rebekah turned around, teary eyed, before speaking to Elena. "And one of the last moments my family had together as humans." Leonora got up off the bed walked to Rebekah and wrapped her arms around the Originals waist. Elena's phone begun to ring.

"You better get that. That'll be Damon checking up on you." Rebekah said after clearing her throat and wrapping an arm around Leonora.

Leonora could only hear Elena's side of the phone call, oh how she wished for enhanced hearing. But judging by her mention of Stefan and angry expression, she deduced that Damon took him out of his cage.

Rebekah went back to snooping and reading Stefan's diary out loud to Leonora, some bits making the girls laugh. However, Elena wasn't so amused. "Did you get your fill of snooping yet? Or can we get on with the story?"

Leonora stood up from laying beside the blonde and picked up a photo of Elena and happy-humanity Stefan, she felt Rebekah come up behind her and look at the photo also. "Honestly, I don't get you two as a couple." Rebekah said.

Elena laughed. "Why would you? You don't know anything about who he really is." Rebekah fake smiled at the doppelgänger before bending down to her sitting height. "I know exactly who he is. He's a vampire. We're a predatory species, we don't have time to care for humans and their silly little lives."

Elena glanced to Leonora. "Is that why you keep Nora around?" At the mention of her name, she looked up from looking through a book and defended Rebekah. "I'm a time-traveller who can alter her mortality. I would hardly call me human."

The doppelgänger rolled her eyes at Leonora's ego, believing herself to be right she carried on. "And what about that runway show? Because you don't care about the homecoming dance?" Seeing Rebekah's deadpanned face and inability to get on topic, Elena stood up. "You know what? I'm just gonna go."

"You haven't even heard half the story yet..." Rebekah said, making Elena halt and sigh. "And you're not going to tell it. You're just bored and looking for someone to push around. Find someone else to play with. Maybe you can compel yourself a friend."

Leonora harshly turned towards Elena. "Like you push around the Salvatore's? Like you compelled Jeremy to forget his girlfriends death? Elena, let's not go around comparing morals when you've shown yours not to be the brightest either."

Elena looked to Leonora hurt and betrayed, she shook her head and began to walk out when Rebekah made her turn. "The necklace wasn't Stefan's to give. It belonged to the Original Witch."

Elena turned back around to look at the Original. "The one who put the hybrid curse on Klaus?"

"Not just the hybrid curse. She's the one who turned us into vampires." Rebekah said. Leonora always did have a fascination with the Origin story of vampires and werewolves.

Rebekah smiled at Leonora. "Leo, I'm thirsty. Do you want a drink?" The two girls walked downstairs with Elena following. "So vampirism was a form of protection?"

"What else would it be?" Rebekah sarcastically replied.

"A punishment ." Leonora inputted, truly believing that the creation of vampires to be a form of discipline instead of protection.

Rebekah shook her head at Leonora. "My parents only saw a way of keeping their children alive." Elena looked confused, the three girl's footsteps sounding out the Mansion. "Yeah, but why stay? If they were so afraid of the werewolves, why not leave?" Leonora nodded to her words, also wondering, however she soon figured it out.

"Pride. Masculinity." Leonora said, making Rebekah nod at her. "My father didn't want to run anymore. He wanted to fight and be superior to the wolves. Where they could bite, we had to bite harder. Where they had speed, we had to be faster. Agility, strength, senses..."

Rebekah told the story of how the witch Ayana refused to assist in the creation of vampires. Leaving it to her mother alone.

"In her hands? How could she do anything?" Elena questioned. Leonora shook her head and looked down at the obvious answer. And Rebekah agreed, she also shook her head and said. "Because my mother was also a witch."

Elena stopped walking as Leonora and Rebekah continued on. "What?"

"The Original Witch created vampires. The witch of the Original family. Her mother, the Original Witch." Leonora summarised for the doppelgänger, who had her mouth left wide open in shock.

Rebekah grabbed a bourbon whereas Leonora grabbed a water and began drinking. "But if your mother was a witch..?" Elena stuttered out.

"Am I? No. A witch is a nature's servant. A vampire is an abomination of nature. You can either be one or the other. Never both. My mother did this for us, she did not turn."

Leonora sat on the sofa in front of the fireplace and began to listen in. "How did you turn?" Elena questioned.

"She called upon the sun for life, and the ancient white oak tree, one of nature's eternal objects, for immortality. That night, my father offered us wine laced with blood. And then he drove his sword through our hearts." Rebekah said, as she stood next to Leonora.

Leonora looked to Rebekah in shock, her own father had killed her? All of them, he killed? "Your own father killed you." She muttered out in disbelief.

"And he wasn't delicate about it either." The Original sadly laughed. She begun the small story of her turning. "We had to drink more blood to complete the ritual. It was euphoric! The feeling of power was indescribable...but the witch Ayana was right about the consequences. The spirits turned on us, and nature fought back...For every strength there would be a weakness"

Leonora stood and made her way towards Rebekah, still listening intently. The sun became our enemy. It kept us indoors for weeks. And though my mother found a solution, there were other problems. Neighbors who had opened their homes to us could now keep us out. Flowers at the base of the white oak burned, and prevented compulsion. And the spell decreed that the tree that gave us life could also take it away...so we burned it to the ground."

Rebekah turned away from them all, tears beginning to drip down her cheeks. "But the darkest consequence was something my parents never anticipated. The hunger. Blood...had made us reborn and it was blood that we craved above all else. We could not control it. And with that, the predatory species was born..."

Leonora indulged in the story, focused on every little detail. She found fascination with Esther's determination to protect her children while also changing the future and creating the world we know today. It was legendary.

"Why did Mikael start hunting Klaus." Elena looked to both of them this time, knowing that Leonora knew as well. The time-traveller sighed again, for Elijah had already explained.

Rebekah glanced to Leonora with the same expression, but also sadness. "When Nik made his first human kill, it triggered his werewolf gene. With that, he became my father's greatest shame."

Leonora nodded. "Elijah had explained the Origins of Klaus's bloodline. Being a product of an affair and thus, a werewolf." Elena nodded along and gestured to her words.

"She tried to make it right. She put the hybrid curse on Nik to suppress his werewolf side, and then she turned her back on him. But Mikael's greatest weakness as a human was his pride. As a vampire, that was magnified. He went on a rampage and killed half the village. Then he came home and killed her." Rebekah sadly said.

Leonora felt for Klaus, she truly did. He was disliked by his father before his mothers secret was revealed and even after triggering the gene - he was still hated. He had no play in the choice, yet he was blamed. She understood how he felt, being blamed for her mothers death. They related to eachother in that way.

But she also related to the Original vampires. They were turned into vampires as protection by their mother due to a child's death. Her father had turned her into, whatever she is, for protection- due to her near death.

"Mikael killed your mother?" Elena said in shock. Rebekah nodded. "He said she broke his heart so he would break hers." She looked to Leonora before continuing. "He tore it from her chest as Nik watched." Leonora's face softened at the horror that the Mikaelson's had to go through.

"Afterwards, my father took off in a rage, and the rest of my family scattered. Nik stayed, so he could help me bury her. He knew I had to say goodbye to my mother." Rebekah looked down, remembering the tears she cried that night. She told the pact that Klaus, her and Elijah had repeated that night.

"Always and forever...even though he locked you in a coffin for ninety years?" Elena looked confused. She believed Rebekah to be naive for sticking with the man who repeatedly took her life away from her.

Leonora looked to Elena in disbelief. "He's her brother Elena. They're family, no matter what feud."
But what would Elena know? She controls her little brothers choices and thoughts.

Rebekah gestured to her bestfriend. "We're vampires. Our emotions are heightened. I'm stubborn, Elijah moral, and Nik...Nik has no tolerance for those who disappoint him. Over a thousand years as a family we've all made that mistake at least once. I've made it several times."

But Elena still didn't see Rebekah's persistence to staying with Klaus. "But you still love him?"

Leonora sighed out. "Once again. He's her brother. You have no right to say how she should love her brother." And once again, Rebekah nodded. "Listen to her! He's my brother. And I'm immortal. Should I spend an eternity alone instead? You've heard the story, it's time to go. I said leave, Elena! I don't know what you're up to, but I'm no longer playing along."

Elena raised her hands in a 'I give up' notion. "I'm just looking for one good reason why we shouldn't wake Mikael."

Leonora glared harshly at Elena. "And she'd given you a thousand! Mikael has hunted down his son all because of who he was. If you wake Mikael, you are no better than Klaus."

Rebekah scoffed out and spat her words at Elena. "I know you want him to help you kill my brother, I'm not stupid."

Elena argued back. "It's no secret that I want Klaus dead. He has a hold over Stefan's life, and over mine." She turned to Leonora. "And he took away months of your life!"

Before Leonora could resort back, Rebekah beat her to it. "Do what you need. Wake Mikael at your own peril. But make no mistake, if you come after my brother. I will rip you apart. And I get my temper from my father. Now leave."

Elena began to walk away before Leonora called her, making her turn around. "Remember Elena, if you wake Mikael I will be there to put him down. Just like I did all those years ago." Elena didn't say anything and just left.

Leonora turned to Rebekah as the girl hugged her waist, making her rap her arms around her shoulders and play with her hair.

However, after 20 minutes Elena had entered the house again, making the chatting girls turn to her. "How do you know that Klaus killed your mother?"

Leonora frowned at Elena butting into the Mikaelson's business. However, she also knew Klaus and his ability to save his own skin - even from his own siblings. Therefore, she was going to hear the doppelgänger out.

"What are you talking about? Go away." Rebekah insisted on Elena leaving. But Leonora put a hand on her arm, halting her words. "Hear her out."

Rebekah sighed, before facing the doppelgänger. "Nik was there. He told me." Elena started shaking her head. "He lied to you.."

The time-traveller and Original stood up and faced Elena with a questioning gaze. "Proof?" Leonora said, making Elena nod and get out some papers. "The cave where you carved your family's names is covered in symbols."

Elena pointed to each symbol as she begun to explain. "The story of your family: how your parents arrived, how they made peace, the spell that turned them into vampires, and this. This is the symbol for hybrid. It's a combination of the werewolf and the vampire symbol. And this is the one for your mother."

"Her necklace..." Rebekah muttered out to herself.

"And this is the story of her death. The hybrid killed the Original Witch. Not Mikael. Klaus." Elena showed them, looking to Leonora knowing she would understand the symbols.

Rebekah looked to Leonora, also in questioning, waiting for confirmation. "No. No. He wouldn't." However Leonora looked over the symbols and Elena's words lined up. She looked to Rebekah in sadness, making tears well up in the blondes eyes.

"She put the curse on him, made it so that he would be the only one of his kind, and then she rejected him. With the werewolf gene comes aggression and violence...when he turned, all of that was heightened. He killed her, Rebekah. And then he made up this entire lie about your father." Elena argued her point.

"So that he wouldn't loose you.." Leonora muttered but both girls heard her, making Elena nod.

Rebekah started to scream and grabbed the papers, throwing them into the fire, as she cried out. "These mean nothing! They're just stupid drawings, done by stupid people who had no idea who my family was!"

Leonora looked to Elena in a harsh look. "Elena, while I'm asking nicely. Please leave." However Elena ignored her and walked closer to the unpredictable vampire. "Then why are you so upset?"

"Why are you doing this to her Elena? You fight is with Klaus, not Rebekah. She's done nothing to you!" Leonora defended Rebekah against the doppelgänger.

"Klaus killed your mother. He has a hold on you, on me, on everyone. He has for a thousand years. We have to make it stop!" Elena got closer to the vampire and paid the price.

Rebekah suddenly gripped her throat, displaying her fangs and screamed. "No! No! Stop talking! Don't say anything anymore! Nothing!"

Elena looked to Leonora, who stood off to the side, in alarm. "Help me Leonora!" But the time-traveller only shook her head. "You're trying to make her turn on her brother, Elena. You deserve this."

Rebekah dropped Elena and walked away, crying. However Elena still didn't leave so Leonora did it for her. She held her hand up and Elena disappeared in a blue light. Leaving Leonora to comfort her bestfriend.

She slowly walked over to her and knelt down in front of her. She didn't speak and instead stroked her hair and allowed Rebekah to lean into her.

"Let's go home."

Leonora woke up halfway through the night to her phone ringing. She picked up the phone and answered it while walking towards Rebekah after comforting Rebekah for the second day. "What?"

"Hello, love."

She instantly recognised the voice. "It's 2 in the morning Klaus." She heard his laughter through the phone but it sounded hollowed and fake, leading her to ask. "What's wrong?"

He had sighed over the call. "I just got a call from Stefan saying Mikael is dead." Leonora stopped walking and her spine had chills running through it. "Didn't know they had woke him already."

"Already? You knew?" His suspicious tone rung through. Making her roll her eyes. "Don't suspect me, I spent centuries protecting you from him."

He sighed out. "I know, my love. Apologises, I get paranoid."

"I know. And I also knew that Elena was asking about Mikael to Rebekah, wanting reasons not to wake him. Didn't know they'd do it so soon." She muttered the last sentence out.

Klaus's eyebrows furrowed over his side of the call. "I want you to not enter Mystic Falls for a while, love. I can't have you caught in the crossfire."

Leonora rolled her eyes. "You're forgetting who saved your life from the guy. You need me." She hung up the phone before he could argue. She walked into Rebekah's room only to see an empty bed...

【----ー----------】

Leonora had waited around for Rebekah to show all throughout the morning, however the female never showed. She began to get worried and called her multiple times, but the girl never picked up. So she decided to work on finding her brother.

Her father had owned a business back in the 50s to the 70s, however he stayed at home in the lab mostly all the time. Therefore, Leonora believed that he had handed over the business to someone else, but the name is 'Matisse Enterprises' so he had to hand it over to his descendant. She began her search on the business.

Marco Matisse of 'Matisse Enterprises' hands over his millionaire business to descendants Leonora Matisse and Leonardo Matisse. The business will officially be given to his children near the 80s, no given date was disclosed as of yet.

The twins are blood children of Mr.Matisse, being born in 1971 - the twins will be taught by the business owner himself.

She read over the information, baffled that she was an owner of a successful business as a child. She was angered at her father for never telling her the full details of her bloodlines legacy.

She knew her brother was spotted last in Paris 1988, a year before she time-travelled. Considering her mother was a witch, she believed him to be one too as she either never inherited the ancestral magic or never tapped into it. She hoped her brother had more success in the magic department than her.

She spent until dark researching about Matisse Enterprises, when her phone indicated a text had come through.

From Tyler: Come to my house. Klaus Urgent News!

She furrowed her eyebrows at the unreasonable message from Tyler Lockwood, someone who did not speak too nor liked. Which led her to know that Tyler wasn't the sender. Who was, she believed the hybrid to be back in Mystic Falls.

She was still clad in her grey suit when she teleported to an empty room of the Lockwood Mansion. Walking out she was greeted with lots of kids who weren't students at the Mystic Falls highschool. Music boomed loudly throughout the house as a band was playing outside.

She was wandering around the garden on the lookout for the hybrid, she got weird stares from unknown teens at her attire - however she ignored them.

She was about to go back inside when Elena came up to her. "What are you doing here?" She looked towards Elena, but upon closer look she saw it to be Katherine. Meaning the Salvatore's body swapped the doppelgängers for Elena's safety. Clever, but old.

Katherine was silently panicking as the one person who they all agreed to not be attending the home-coming was here. The one person to put down Mikael was here. Katherine was worried the plan would go to waste now that Leonora was here.

"Tyler texted me to be here. So I'm here Katherine." She said while still looking through the heap of teenagers. Katherine's eye widened, she hadn't expected her to know so soon. "Don't tell anyone."

Leonora finally turned to the vampire. "Why are you here exactly? You're impersonating Elena, therefore there's a possibility she would be in danger, but what from? Mikael?" Seeing Katherine's posture lose it's confidence she carried on. "Oh, that's it. You're going to use Elena's use to Klaus against him, no doppelgänger, no hybrid. Clever girl." She leant forward to Katherine. "But not clever enough. If I see Mikael, I will end him like I've been doing since 1328."

She went to walk away when Katherine had latched onto her arm and squeezed, but she held her ground and didn't wince. "You interfere and I will be the one ending you. I've always wondered how time-travellers taste like." Katherine threatened her, leaning forward and eyeing her neck.

Leonora pulled Katherine to her so they're noses were touching. "And you'll always be wondering." She begun to twist Katherine's arm without lifting a hand, her eyes shining blue. Thankfully the surrounding teenagers paid them no mind. "Goodluck Katherine."

She walked away for a couple of minutes as the band ended their song and a voice sounded out. "Good evening, everyone!" She looked towards the stage to see Klaus Mikaelson taking the spotlight with his eyes already set on her. Her smirked towards her and begun to speak. "I wanna thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming." She didn't look away as he continued to rile the crowd up.

She went to walk away when a hand grasped her hand. "Where are you off to, my love?" She slipped her hand out of his and looked towards him with a raised brow. "To fix what they've done."

Klaus ignored her words and looked her up and down, despite wearing the exact same clothing everyday, she managed to make his dead heart beat. Every. Time.

"You look ethereal, my love." He complimented, she scoffed and looked down at herself. "I wear this everyday." He nodded and took her hand in his and begun to spin her around, making her attempt
To resist a smile. "And yet you still capture my full attention."

She laughed and grasped his hand back, deciding to play into this for a little bit. She looked at his suit that complimented him nicely. "You look better than usual, however the henley's have my heart."

He fake gasped and put the hand not holding hers on his chest. "I knew you were falling as much as me." He whispered in here ear, making her laugh. He once again spun her around and pulled her back to his chest, this time his other hand on her waist.

"You wish, old man." She laughed along, putting the hand not in his on his shoulder, before she leaned forward and whispered. "Guess I'll have to protect you one more time."

Klaus shook his head at her and chuckled, once again admiring the way her hair moved with the wind. "I'll forever get myself in trouble if it meant being saved by you." But after his words, he turned serious just as her. "I knew they were plotting. Elena killing Mikael? Don't make me laugh." She chuckled along to him, before seeing Stefan mentioning her over. "Stefan wants my attention. Go mingle." She didn't leave any room for argument as she unlatched herself from Klaus and walked away, loosing contact at the very last second.

"What is it?" She said to Stefan as she walked up to him, however before he answered he caught her off guard and plunged a syringe in her neck.

Stefan looked around for Klaus's eyes, knowing his protective nature over Leonora, he didn't want the hybrid to see.

She groaned and tried to keep her attention focused, but her eyes suddenly began to see double of everyone and she faltered on her feet. She fell into Stefan who caught her and began to stroke her hair while saying. "Shh. Let it happen." She finally blacked out and completely slumped against Stefan.

She regained her consciousness due to the piercing grip of someone the back of her neck. She lazily opened her eyes before closing them again, repeating it until she finally gained her focused eye-sight.

"Here she is. The pathetic excuse of a saviour. Wake up, girl." The grip on her neck tightened as she was shook, making her open her eyes. She saw she was on her knees, with Mikael gripping her neck. She looked up and saw Klaus with his eyes on her.

He was looking at her with such intense worry that she felt warmth within her, contrasting to the cold chill she felt on her body at the contact of her old enemy.

"I did wonder when you'd show up." Mikael had put a blade to her torso and began to drag it down as he spoke, blood pooling her knees and staining her suit. "You always were such a burden. Always protecting this abomination, getting in the way of me ridding the world of a monster. And for that." Mikael bent down to her ear before whispering. "I will make your death last longer than your lifetime."

She only managed to grown out in response as she was loosing blood at an alarming rate. Her hands were held down by two hybrids, each side of her. So if she were to try use her magic, they'd snap them.

Mikael stood up to full height before addressing Niklaus. "I have waited centuries to get my hands on your saviour. The girl who constantly put her life on the line, for you. Now, she was more of a fear factor for you Niklaus. But considering the absolute loathing I hold for this monstrosity, I'm rather going to enjoy this." He chuckled to himself, before plunging the knife into her left thigh and left it there.

Leonora screamed in pain and gritted her teeth. She could feel the cold mental in her thigh, if she moved it would tear apart her skin, bit by bit. She had sweat dripping down her temple as the cuts from her torso continued to bleed out. Along with the hybrids crushing her hand bones.

Klaus screamed at his father. "Let her go!" But he dare not step outside the safety of the Mansion. Whether it be from fear of his father, or the ever-lasting opinion that Leonora would make it out alive. Since she always had done, throughout history she was never caught. Klaus couldn't help but rely on the girl a little for the feeling of safety and constant.

All Mikael did was laugh at him and snap his two fingers together. Hybrids suddenly pushed 'Elena' into sight. Mikael let go of Leonora's neck and instead multiple hybrids took their place in holding her down. He grasped a frightened 'Elena' and said. "Come out and face me Niklaus. Or they die."

"Go ahead. Kill them." Leonora looked up, betrayed. However, after seeing Klaus intensely looking at her she knew his words to be a lie. "No! Klaus, he'll do it!" 'Elena' began to plead.

Klaus didn't look away from Leonora's bleeding body, his desire to hold her and heal her overpowering his fear. However, to protect her he needed to eliminate the bigger threat.

Mikael gestured to 'Elena'. "If she dies, this lot will be the last of your abominations." He then gestured to the bleeding girl, kneeling down. "And her. If she dies, you will have lost your greatest love. The only person on this earth to see past the pathetic atrocity that you are."

Leonora lifted her head, eye's begging to shut. But she still looked to Klaus and shook her head. "Don't." She whispered out, knowing everyone heard. She was about to put her head down when she received a backhand from Mikael, making her body fall into her own puddle of blood. "Shut it."

Klaus almost took a step out, his foot was past the threshold when Leonora began to shake her head again. Making him retract his foot when he so badly wanted to rush towards her and kiss away every single scar on her perfect little body.
He would happily crush every heart with his bare hands if a hair on her pretty head were to ever be harmed.

Klaus looked to Mikael with the most deadliest expression anyone had ever seen on him. 'Elena' has begun to lean more into Mikael at the utter horror she felt looking into his eyes. "Touch her. And I will re-create every little idea in that twisted mind of yours." In that moment, Klaus felt the most deadliest he has ever felt. His dead heart beat in motivation for the sheer fury that filled his being.

The Original Hybrid, histories villain, and Leonora  isn't there to calm him down

"I will do it Niklaus." Mikael said, grabbing a stake from a compelled hybrid.

Klaus looked to Leonora, they looked at eachother for a moment before she softly smiled at nodded, making him nod back. He turned to his father. "I don't need them. I just need to be rid of you."

"To what end, Niklaus?" Mikael challenged. "So you can live forever? With no one at your side? Nobody cares about you, boy!" Klaus tried to keep the tears at bay. "Who do you have? Other than those whose loyalty you had to force? No one." Mikael looked Klaus in his teary eyes and whispered. "No one."

"I'm calling your bluff, Father. Kill them." Klaus gritted out. Leonora began to sway from her sitting position, a hybrid grabbed her and held her up in view of Klaus.

"Come out, and face me, you little coward. And I won't have to." Mikael spat out.

"My whole life, you've underestimated me. If you kill them, you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on, kill them. Come on, old man. Kill them. Kill them!" Niklaus shouted out, a tear trailing down his cheek.

Mikael began to laugh, chills ran down Leonora's spine as she tried to hold onto consciousness. "Ah, your impulse, Niklaus. It had and will forever be, the one thing that keeps you from truly being great." He stabbed Katherine in the back, making her choke out and fall on the ground.

He then moved behind Leonora and slit her throat. Blood seeping down her neck, she began to choke on her own blood but continued to look at Klaus calmly.

Mikael watched as his son let tears run down his face as he saw his history lover fall to her death, drenched in her own blood. He laughed, when suddenly Leonora's body disappeared and Mikael was thrown back by a blue force. Everybody watched as a non-bloodied and healthy Leonora revealed herself completely fine.

Klaus looked to her with a gasp and allowed his body to let out a relieved sigh, when he was suddenly stabbed in the chest by Damon Salvatore - making him scream out.

Leonora looked back at Klaus due to his scream, which was her mistake, as Mikael sped up to her and backhanded her, making her fly a fews bit away. She teleported back up and behind him with a knife and dug it into his chest. She knew it did nothing, however she needed to slow him down considering his hybrids were also trying to attack her.

She enclapsed Mikael with her blue tendrils and snapped all the bones in his legs, making him scream out. At the same time she exploded the head of a hybrid behind her.

Damon was standing over Klaus's body, holding the white oak in his chest but as he was about to plunge it in, Stefan kicked him off of Klaus.

Leonora ripped the heart out of a hybrid and teleported behind Mikael, she stuffed it in his throat, making him choke on it. But he quickly composed himself as he grasped her neck and began to squeeze. But Leonora has also grasped Mikael in her blue tendrils, she began to rip apart his insides, while ripping the centre of his body in two. She began to choke and see black dots fill her vision, but she still refused to let go.

She increased her power of ripping him in two and his grip on her neck loosened and she kicked him away while still grasping him. She out-held both her hands as she forced them apart. Klaus, still recovering from the white oak looked to Leonora as Mikael's body began to split in two under his command.

Everyone heard Mikael's screams and looked to see Leonora Matisse separating every molecule of skin in his body. "Klaus!" She shouted as he picked up the white oak.

And just before she completely separated the two halves of Mikael's body. Klaus plunged the stake in Mikael's chest, worsening his screams. The hunter erupted in flames and Leonora finalised her blow.

She out threw her arms, watching as Mikael's left halve flew across into a pole and his right half collided with the Mansion walls. The both ripped sides still engulfed in flames.

Everyone stopped and looked as Klaus Mikaelson and Leonora Matisse stood, side by side and watched their life-long enemy burn to a crisp. The two survivors. The two protectors.

Leonora walked with Klaus inside the mansion. "What have you done!" She overheard Damon shouting at Stefan.

"He's earned his freedom." Klaus said, before be faced Stefan and freed the compulsion on him.

Leonora softly grabbed Klaus's hand and teleported them away. As soon as they arrived, she grabbed Klaus and rested his head on her shoulder and stroked his hair. "Everything he said is absolutely not true Klaus. None of it."

Klaus rested his head in the crook of her neck while wrapping his arms around her waist, completely relying on her to hold him up. He let tears drip down his cheeks and onto her delicate skin.

"You are so loved, Klaus. Your father is vindictive and cruel that he is too blinded to see the strength you hold. Physically, but most of all mentally."

"Why would you do that." Klaus muttered, still crying in the hug. "You constantly put yourself in danger for me. You were bleeding out, you were dying!" Klaus let go of her as he began to shout. "You made me watch as you were cut open and beat, why would you do that!"

"Because he had to believe it." Klaus fell silent at her calm words, he watched her with tears running down his cheeks and red eyes. "I needed you to believe it."

Klaus looked down, tears falling onto her cold flooring. "That is utterly cruel." He sadly said. Leonora slowly nodded at him, coming closer, she put her hands on his cheeks. Making him look at her, she began to brush the tears away with her thumbs. "But he believed it."

She smiled towards him, and he reciprocated it. "You've had a long day Klaus. You should get some rest." Klaus nodded and began to walk away towards the front door, before turning around and speaking.

"Nik. Call me Nik."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
8.1K 159 33
a girl struggling with the will to live and a man whose been taking peoples lives for 1000 years. who ever thought these opposites would attract. St...