Phoenix Ascending: Rising fro...

By ShreyaMaheshwari104

After a fatal encounter with dark forces, Harry Potter finds himself thrust into a realm between life and dea... More

Chapter 1: A Date with Death
Chapter 3: Breaking the Cycle
Chapter 4: Rekindled Alliances
Chapter 5: Bonds of Blood
Chapter 6: Echoes of the Past
Chapter 7: Rise of the Ancients

Chapter 2: Unravelling Fate

262 9 6
By ShreyaMaheshwari104

Harry sat there patiently and listened to Lady Death as she explained how Tom and Harry were related and how Dumbledore feared Harry. Dumbledore conspired to kill two birds with one arrow and manipulated Tom into believing the prophecy was about him and you. And since he was the defeater of Grindelwald, no one questioned him, not even you. He was the one who killed your parents that night, attempted to kill you and failed and was also responsible for placing you with the Dursleys so that you would grow up weak and be easily controllable. Now, you might be wondering why you had the fragment of Tom's soul inside your body when he didn't attempt to kill you, and Dumbledore was responsible for everything. Tom was there that night but not to kill you. He just wanted to see if he could strike a deal with your parents in which he was successful.

Things went awry when Dumbledore got its wind and took things into his hands. He tried to kill you, and Tom placed himself between you and him to save you. And that is when his soul fragment got attached to you. Since there were no spectators except you, he spun the truth to suit his needs, created this divide between good and evil, and became the self-proclaimed leader of light, The Great Albus Dumbledore. He was responsible for the imprisonment of Sirius Black and made Remus Lupin leave the country.

To say that Harry and Hermione were shocked will be an understatement. Hearing that their life depended upon a lie fabricated by someone they looked up to left them speechless. Indeed, it was time for the truth to come out. But what left them perplexed was the motive behind telling these things after dying, when they have no control over anything. Their queries answered with Lady Death's words. "You two are assigned a task. You will travel back in time, correct the timeline, and fulfil the prophecy. There is a reason you are chosen for this assignment, which you will know soon. Don't worry, you will have help when needed. Now, you will sign this document to ensure you will retain your memories when you arrive in the timeline you decide. But remember, the first thing you should do when you reach is to visit Gringotts and request an inheritance test. They will provide you with answers to all your questions. And you have an audience with me when you call me."

They look at each other, a silent conversation flows between them, and they agree. They signed the agreement together, and everything became pitch black. When they regained consciousness, they were feeling a little disoriented. It took them some time to realise they were in Diagon Alley, shopping for their books for the second year. Harry was not in the mood to go through the Lockhart debacle again, so he pulled Hermione aside. "Mione, I think this is the perfect time to visit Gringotts, as everyone else is busy shopping. They will not notice our absence. Let's go."

Hermione followed Harry silently to the bank. The silver inner doors feature an ominous warning engraved across the doors,

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn,

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.

It was the same one Harry remembered from his first visit to Gringotts with Hagrid. They approached the nearest teller, and Harry greeted him. "Greetings teller, I am Harry Potter and wish to speak to Potter's accounts manager." Hearing him, the teller rushed inside and emerged after a few minutes. He asked them to follow him. The teller led them to a room with large bronze double doors and knocked at it thrice. The doors opened to reveal the office of the director of Gringotts, and they went inside. "Greetings, King Ragnarok, Hier Potter, as requested", he said while bowing low. Harry followed suit and bowed his head in respect. "Greetings King, to what do I owe this pleasure of a personal meeting with you?" "Heir Potter, this meeting has been pending since you turned 11. And to answer your question, you requested a meeting with the Potter Manager, but I asked for your presence as there are some crucial matters to discuss with you."

"Please have a seat, Heir Potter and Miss Granger. It will take some time. First, you must take an inheritance test to confirm your identity per general protocol." When they agreed, Ragnarok produced two blank parchments and placed them in front of Harry and Hermione. He also set two pocket knives beside the parchment. "Now you have to prick your finger using the knife and drip seven drops of blood on the parchment." They did as instructed. "It usually takes five minutes to generate results, and don't worry, they will be accurate as blood never lies."

---------------------------------

Inheritance Test

Name: Hadrian Charlus Potter-Black

Status: Pure-Blood

Core: Dark

Father: Lord James Fleamont Potter (deceased)

                 Lord Sirius Orion Lupin-Black (Blood adopted; illegally imprisoned)

Mother: Lady Lillian Marie Potter née Evans (deceased)

                  Lady Persephone, AKA Lady Death (Magic)

Godfather: Lord Remus John Black-Lupin (exempted by law)

                         Lord Franklin Harold Lognbottom (compromised)

                         Lord Thomas Marvolo Riddle-Gaunt (magically declared; unstable)

                         Lord Lucius Abraxas Malfoy

                         Lord Severus Eileen Prince

Godmother: Lady Alice Hannah Longbottom née Fortescue (compromised)

                            Lady Narcissa Irma Malfoy née Black

                            Lady Amelia Susan Bones

                            Lady Minerva Isobel McGonagall

Siblings: Heir Neville Franklin Longbottom

                    Heir Draconis Lucius Malfoy

                    Heiress Sussana Elizabeth Bones

Magical Guardian: Albus Percival Wulferic Brian Dumbledore (illegally instated)

Titles

Lord of the Most Ancient and Most Legendary House of Pendragon (Magic)

Lord of the Most Ancient and Legendary House of Emrys (Magic)

Lord of the Most Ancient and Most Royal House of Peverell (Paternal)

Lord of the Most Ancient and Royal House of Gryffindor (Paternal)

Lord of the Most Ancient and Royal House of Slytherin (Conquest)

Lord of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter (Paternal)

Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Evans (Maternal)

Heir of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Black (Paternal)

Heir of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Gaunt (Godfather)

Heir of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Lupin (Godfather)

Heir of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Riddle (Godfather)

Heir to Lady Persephone

Vaults

Potter's Trust Vault (in use)

Lupin Vault (in use)

Potter Vault (temporarily sealed)

Evans Vault (temporarily sealed)

Black Vault (temporarily sealed)

Peverall Vault (dormant)

Gryffindor Vault (dormant)

Slytherin Vault (dormant)

Emrys Vault (dormant for long)

Pendragon Vault (dormant for very long)

Affinities and Blocks

Magical Core: 80% blocked by APWBD (30% broken)

Affinity to Dark Magic: 100% blocked by APWBD

Eidetic Memory: 80% blocked by APWBD

Natural Mindfulness: 80% blocked APWBD

Natural Occlumency: 100% blocked due to Horcrux

Natural Legilimency: 100% blocked due to Horcrux

Natural Animaegi: 100% blocked by APWBD

Natural Apparation: 100% blocked by APWBD

Parseltongue: 100% blocked by APWBD (broken)

Parselmagic: 100% blocked by APWBD

Wandless Magic: 100% blocked by APWBD

Non-verbal Spell Casting: 100% blocked by APWBD

Elemental Magic: 100% blocked by APWBD

DADA: 40% blocked by APWBD

Transfiguration: 40% blocked by APWBD

Charms: 40% blocked by APWBD

Herbology: 60% blocked by APWBD

Potions: 80% blocked by APWBD

Ancient Runes: 100% blocked by APWBD

Compulsions and Potions

Glamour to look like James Potter cast by APWBD

Poor eye-sight hex by APWBD

Loyalty Potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore, Molly Weasley, Ronald Weasley and Ginerva Weasley administered by APWBD

Love Potion keyed to Ginerva (Ginny) Weasley administered by Molly Weasley

Trust Potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore, Molly Weasley, Ronald Weasley and Ginerva Weasley administered by APWBD

Hatred Potion keyed to Severus Snape, Malfoys and anyone with an affinity to dark magic administered by APWBD

Intelligence and Magic-dampening potions administered by APWBD

Compulsion charm to disregard authority except for Albus Dumbledore by APWBD

Compulsion charm for reckless behaviour by APWBD

Compulsion charm for saviour syndrome by APWBD

Compulsion charm to not report abuse by APWBD

Several Obliviation spells performed by APWBD

Vault Discrepancies

50,000 Galleons transferred to Hogwarts Vault every month on orders of APWBD

40,000 Galleons transferred to the private vault of Vernon Dursley every month

30,000 Galleons transferred to the personal vault of Albus Dumbledore every month

30,000 Galleons transferred to the personal vault of Molly Weasley every month

20,000 Galleons transferred to the personal vault of Ronald Weasley every month

10,000 Galleons transferred to the personal vault of Ginerva Weasley every month

Betrothal contract between Harry James Potter and Ginerva Molly Weasley signed by Molly Weasley and APWBD

Power Level: 1000% (Emrys level)

Creature Inheritance: None

Soulmate: Isabella Victoria Dagaworth-Granger

Familiars: Owl, Bird and Reptile (Non-Bonded)

---------------------------------

Harry could read no further than this. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He looked at Hermione and her face mirroring his emotions. Rather than saying anything she just handed her test result to Harry and took his result.

---------------------------------

Inheritance Test

Name: Isabella Victoria Dagaworth-Granger

Status: Pure-Blood

Core: Dark

Father: Richmond Nathaniel Granger (alive)

Mother: Ellanor Alexandra Granger née Dagaworth (alive)

Magical Guardian: Albus Percival Wulferic Brian Dumbledore (illegally instated)

Titles

Lady of the Most Ancient and Legendary House of LeFey (Magic)

Lady of the Most Ancient and Most Royal House of Dagaworth (Maternal)

Lady of the Most Ancient and Royal House of Ravenclaw (Maternal)

Heiress of the Most Ancient and Royal House of Hufflepuff (Paternal)

Heiress of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Granger (Paternal)

Vaults

Granger's Trust Vault (in use)

Dagaworth Vault (dormant)

Ravenclaw Vault (dormant)

Hufflepuff Vault (dormant)

LeFey Vault (dormant for long)

Affinities and Blocks

Magical Core: 80% blocked by APWBD (30% broken)

Affinity to Dark Magic: 100% blocked by APWBD

Eidetic Memory: 50% blocked by APWBD

Natural Mindfulness: 80% blocked by APWBD

Natural Occlumency: 100% blocked by APWBD

Natural Legilimency: 100% blocked by APWBD

Natural Animaegi: 100% blocked by APWBD

Natural Apparation: 100% blocked by APWBD

Wandless Magic: 100% blocked by APWBD

Non-verbal Spell Casting: 100% blocked by APWBD

Elemental Magic: 100% blocked by APWBD

DADA: 50% blocked by APWBD

Transfiguration: 30% blocked by APWBD

Charms: 30% blocked by APWBD

Herbology: 30% blocked by APWBD

Potions: 40% blocked by APWBD

Ancient Runes: 40% blocked by APWBD

Arithmancy: 40% blocked by APWBD

Compulsions and Potions

Glamour Charm to look bushy-haired and buck-toothed

Loyalty Potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore, Molly Weasley, Ronald Weasley and Ginerva Weasley administered by APWBD

Love Potion keyed to Ronald (Ron) Weasley administered by Molly Weasley

Trust Potion keyed to Albus Dumbledore, Molly Weasley, Ronald Weasley and Ginerva Weasley administered by APWBD

Hatred Potion keyed to anyone with an affinity to dark magic administered by APWBD

Magic-dampening potions administered by APWBD

Compulsion charm to over-obey authority except for Albus Dumbledore by APWBD

Compulsion charm for bossy behaviour by APWBD

Compulsion charm for know-it-all syndrome by APWBD

Compulsion charm to not report bullying by APWBD

Several Obliviation spells performed by APWBD

Vault Discrepancies

30,000 Galleons transferred to Hogwarts Vault every month on orders of APWBD

20,000 Galleons transferred to the private vault of Albus Dumbledore every month

20,000 Galleons transferred to the personal vault of Molly Weasley every month

15,000 Galleons transferred to the personal vault of Ronald Weasley every month

10,000 Galleons transferred to the personal vault of Ginerva Weasley every month

Betrothal contract between Hermione Jane Granger and Ronald Billius Weasley signed by Molly Weasley and APWBD

Power Level: 1000% (Emrys level)

Creature Inheritance: None

Soulmate: Hadrian Charlus Potter-Black

Familiars: Cat and Eagle Owl (Non-Bonded)

---------------------------------

This left him gobsmacked.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter.

Please vote and also share your reviews via comments.

Namaste 🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 73 23
Everyone saw me as perfect, I always had been my whole life. I was Regulus Black, I was raised to be perfect. I was everything that my parents wanted...
268K 6.9K 14
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง โ†ด ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐›๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž ...
51.2K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
4.5K 158 28
I've got issues, you know them too. Its not about you but about the world using guilt as a tool to kill all that what remains of my pride. I'm such...