The Happiness Awards 2024 [OP...

By TheHappyWriters

✨ Welcome back to The Happiness Awards of 2024! ✨ Here lies a cheerful contest for truly incredible stories b... More

🪐 WELCOME & RULES 🪐
🌙 JUDGE'S FORM & CRITERIA [CLOSED] 🌙
💫 PARTICIPANT'S FORM [OPEN] 💫
🌟 SPECIAL CATEGORIES [CLOSED] 🌟
🌟 SPECIAL RUBRICS 🌟
🌟 Special Entries 🌟
💎 Update #1 💎
🦋 TAG FEST 🦋 [CLOSED]
💎 Update #2 💎
💎 Update #3 💎
🌹 Romance/ChickLit 🌹
🔎 Mystery/Thriller 🔎
🤡 Horror 🤡
🐺 Paranormal 👻
⚔️ Fantasy/Adventure/Action ⚔️
🌻 Fiction (T/Y/N/Adult) 🌻
🚀 Science Fiction 🚀
🌹 R1 - Romance/ChickLit 🌹
🔎 R1 - Mystery/Thriller 🔎
🤡 R1 - Horror 🤡
⚔️ R1 - Fantasy/Adventure/Action⚔️
🌻 R1 - Fiction 🌻
🌹 R2 - Romance/ChickLit 🌹
🌻 R2 - Fiction 🌻
🌹 R3 - Romance/ChickLit 🌹
🌹 R4 - Romance/ChickLit 🌹
🏆 WINNERS FOR ROMANCE/CHICKLIT 🏆

✨ ROUND ROTATION & AWARDS ✨

393 30 3
By TheHappyWriters

Hello to all the happy writers out there!

Here lies some more tidbit information about this year's contest for you all!

We will be doing round rotations as usual because it makes it much easier to judge the stories but don't feel discouraged if you don't make it through all the rounds, we will have plenty of contests soon enough to scratch those itches!

Please note we will not be starting until a genre is filled with participants and judges! We are happy to begin judging earlier if some genres fill up faster than others!

So please sign up if you can! It would really help move things along faster! 💎

📎 Round One:

The Judges will first look to your title, the book cover, the summary and the first opening chapter of your novel or short story.

• In this round the judges will be judging all of the twenty entries in their chosen genres.

• They will then be picking only fifteen books out of the total to pass through to Round Two.

📎 Round Two:

The Judges will then be looking from the second chapter (of your novel or short story) through till the fifth chapter.

• Please ensure by this time you have ample chapters for your judge to read.

• In this round, the Judges will be judging only the previous fifteen entries that made it into this round.

• The Judges will then choose only ten books out of the entries to pass onto Round Three.

• Judges will also need to be keeping an eye out for the specific Special Awards (Rising Star & Heart Winning) as well as the main place ones.

•  Not every participant will be a winner but we are hoping the special awards can be some sort of recognition for writers who have written amazing stories but just didn't quite make it to the last round.

• Special Award winners CAN come from a book in any round that doesn't make it to the last round.

📎 Round Three:

The Judges will then look to the sixth through to the tenth chapter.

• In this round; Judges will be judging the remaining ten entries in their given genre to see who will pass to Round Four.

• Feel free to keep reading beyond the given chapters for the rounds. You're more than welcome to! 💎

• This is also the round that the Judges will come together & begin discussing the Special Awards. This should be a joint, collective effort on all judge's parts.

• Feel free to share insights about your favourite books in your chosen genres and then nominate the books you believe fit the categories best.

• This is also the round, I help have a look at the remaining books to  ensure the special award winners don't match the first place winners.  As  the goal is to recognise lots of undiscovered writers, not just a  few!

• But if they do overlap, we apologise and hope it doesn't happen for all the awards!!

📎 Round Four:

The Judges will then look to the tenth through to remaining chapters (if larger than fifteen, you do not have to read passed chapter fifteen if you do not want to!)

• We highly suggest having more than ten to make it possible to get the best score for your book - more chapters  equals better character, setting & background developments. Please  keep these things in mind when submitting your story.

• In this round; Judges will be judging the remaining five entries in their given genre to see which three books will pass to the last round.

📎 Round Five:

• The Judges will be comparing the last three books to find the order of the winners.

All Judges will then come together and decide the winners of the Special Awards in this round as well. I will be there to help too.

• PLEASE try to make them different individuals to ensure all participants are getting recognised.

• Once ALL Winners have been chosen and this includes the special awards, we will then announce them as soon as possible to ensure there is not a long wait for results again this year.

We are still extremely sorry about that! ✨

Alright, without further ado;

🎗 Rules for Judges 🎗

1. Bias results will not be tolerated.

Hence why I will be there overseeing the contest throughout the rounds to ensure fairness at all times.

2. DO NOT sign up to judge if you plan to ghost after receiving payment. This will be unacceptable.

3.   Please be honest but also encouraging with your comments and results.   We are not here to judge who's writing style is better, for that is an   expression of one's soul.

But we are here to judge the most fleshed out plots and the deeply developed characters and backgrounds!

The goal is to find a book we positively couldn't put down ⭐️

Also, please also remember to follow all the rules.

This also goes to the participants as well. Judges work very hard for you guys, so please respect them.

Everything will work slightly different to the previous contests.

Here are the prizes & awards for The Happiness Awards 2023!

First, Second and Third Place is counting ALL genres individually!

🥇 FIRST PLACE 🥇

Will receive a follow back from this account, the founder's & your genre's judge.

Will get the FIRST PLACE sticker.

Your story added to our 2024 WINNERS Reading List ! (This list STAYS UP FOREVER).

A book cover made by Euphoria Graphics Design.

A winning interview by H.A.P.P.Y Interviews.

A shout out given on this account.

🥈 SECOND PLACE 🥈

Will receive a follow back from this account & your judge.

Will get the SECOND PLACE sticker.

Your story added to our 2024 WINNERS Reading List !

A book cover made by our graphic designers.

🥉 THIRD PLACE 🥉

Will get a follow back from this account & your genre's judge.

Will get the THIRD PLACE sticker.

Your story added to our 2024 WINNERS Reading List !

🎖 SPECIAL AWARDS 🎖

These will be judged together collectively by the judges!

These categories will receive:
♡  A special category sticker.
♡  Added to our permanent reading list titled 'Special Award Winners 2024'.

BEST BOOK AWARD (out of ALL genres!)

RISING STAR AWARD

HEART WINNING AWARD

/

BEST JUDGE AWARD

Prize:

A special category sticker for your profile banner.

A chance to join our team as a Cheerful Judge (if you aren't already).

(THIS WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE READERS NOT THE JUDGES THEMSELVES!)

Sticker Preview;

📌 Please note if you wish to make stickers for this contest, please PM us! 📌

If you have any questions, please find me at the below;

> TheHappyWriters Community right here on Wattpad

> @thehappywriters on Instagram

Or my personal Wattpad;

footnoteofhappiness

>   (will answer this daily whereas the others may take a tiny bit longer).

~ El at the Happy Writers Community 📚✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 440 20
yoongi doesn't like jungkook, cuz he is just too perfect, he hates it when his parent brags him to become someone like jungkook. jungkook being born...
75.1K 730 8
Ambassadors are known for always being there to answer questions or offer guidance and assistance in your time of need. But that's a very small part...
305K 21.4K 156
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
310K 18.5K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong