TABLE FOR TWO

By nowunavailable

Table for two ⚓️ More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58

31

1.6K 94 20
By nowunavailable

JANET POV

"You okay sweetheart? You haven't said much since we've started" Mrs.Jones asked me as I was pressing her hair.

"Oh- Yeah I'm okay, I'm okay." I said handing her a water bottle.

She opened it and took a sip, before saying "What's his name?"

I looked at her for a moment and said "Huh?"

"The new guy that has your mind drifting off. What's his name?" She asked.

Damn.

"Umm.. His name is Jesse." I said.

"Do you like him?" She asked.

"I do, a lot." I said.

"So why do you look sad or... I don't know, you just look down and out" Mrs.Jones said.

I sighed.

"It's just- I don't know how to feel. I really like Jesse a lot, he makes me feel good, we've been on lovely dates, he's so thoughtful and genuine. But I guess.. It's like- I don't know. Me and Trevante... I love Trevante and I always will. I guess I feel bad for moving on. I don't know" I said.

"You still love Trevante but you like Jesse. It's kind of like your heart battling your mind." Mrs.Jones said as I parted the front part of her hair and started pressing it with the hot comb.

"Yes. That's what it is. But Trevante, he has a situation right now that's not gonna be easy to get passed. I've let so much slide because I love him. But this situation, a baby might be his and might be on the way. And I don't know how to deal with that, you know?" I said.

"And what if the baby isn't his?" She asked.

"I don't know.. Because now Jesse is involved and he's amazing. I just- I'm gonna let things flow." I said.

"And don't you ever feel bad for being happy. It's not about nobody else but you. And you need to put yourself first for once. It's always been about that boy. He needs to know that it's not about him anymore, and he needs to get a glimpse of what it feels like to possibly lose you to somebody else." Mrs.Jones said.

"Yeah, I know." I said.

"So don't you ever feel bad okay? You're a gorgeous girl. With a heart of gold. He knew that when he cheated. He knew it when you guys broke up. And he knew it when he was running around here having sex with these girls out here. And now, you're talking to somebody you really like. Take your time and don't feel bad for it. Okay?" She said.

I smiled and said "You're right Mrs.Jones"

"Girl I know." She said and we both laughed.

"Thank you. I needed this talk, seriously." I said.

I haven't even talked to my mom about it, so talking to Mrs.Jones was like a breath of fresh air. And I needed it.

"You're so welcome" She said.

I turned her chair around to face the mirror as I finally finished her hair and she smiled as she seen the outcome.

"I love it! As usual. Thank you baby." Mrs.Jones said pulling out the money. I smiled saying "Of course"

She handed me the money and stood up, giving me a hug. I hugged her back saying "See you in two weeks?"

"Yep. See you then, and remember what I said alright?" She said.

"Absolutely." I said and she gave me an assuring smile before she left out with her water.

-

TREVANTE POV

"Before we go doc, I have a question" I said to the doctor as me and Tonya was at her OBGYN appointment.

"Anything" The doctor said.

"Can we get a DNA while she's pregnant or do we have to wait till she has the baby?" I asked.

"I- Trevante! Ignore him, you don't even have to answer that" Tonya said.

"Yes she do because I wanna know." I said.

Tonya smacked her lips.

"Yes, you can get a DNA test while she's pregnant. The mother just has to draw blood and we cheek swab the father, and the samples are analyzed to compare to the baby's and see if the father's DNA matches." The doctor said.

"Can we set up an appointment to do that? I need to find out sooner than later if this is my child." I said.

"Oh my gosh Trevante I told you it was your fucking kid" Tonya said.

"I wanna know for sure and on paper. I don't trust you." I said and Tonya rolled her eyes.

"And if you don't do it, then that tells me that it ain't my kid." I added and she gave me a look.

"Alright nigga I'll do it." Tonya said.

"We can do it tomorrow morning for 9. That's the next available appointment for DNA testing." The doctor said.

"Perfect, we'll be here" I said.

Tonya rolled her eyes.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll see you guys then" The doctor said.

"Great" I said as me and Tonya started leaving out the doctor's office.

"Can't wait to take this test so you can feel stupid" Tonya said.

"I'm not gone feel stupid. I just don't wanna get played. And we will know for sure if that's my child or not." I said.

"And if it is?" She asked.

"I will be there taking care of it. Sure will." I said.

"And if it's not?" She asked and I chuckled. "Then you best find the actual father to that child, and stop tryna pin the baby on me." I said before walking to my car.

I got in my car and pulled out my phone to send Janet a text.

Me: So tomorrow I find out if that's my child or not, tomorrow morning at 9 am is the appointment.

Janet: 👀 Whew chile.

Me: Lmao, yeah I'll let you know the results.

Janet: Okay

Me: I love you

Then she just read that and didn't respond. I smacked my lips.

"Whatever" I mumbled. She wanna act like she don't love a nigga no more when we both know she do.

It's aight.

I started the car up and drove off immediately to get home.

-

☕️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 965 15
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙧, 𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨. sequel to forever💋
126K 2.9K 43
a hood love story.💕 - BOOK 2 COMING SOON.
492K 20.6K 27
❝𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚋𝚎 , 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.❞ a short story
137K 8.4K 39
3rd Book to Infatuated