Picking up where I started.

By brown_glow

"I see that you can shake and take yo clothes Off but baby how's your soul?" Is all I could remember him sayi... More

When it hurts like thorns .
Update
Dont misjudge me.
Dont write me off.
Come to my rescue.
Speak to me God.
Where have you been.
Every knee shall bow,and every tounge shall confess.
Starting new
Let it go.
The truth comes with a price.
Home sweet home
I forgive you

Patience and understanding

8 0 1
By brown_glow

It had been a couple months later, and it was getting closer to the end of the semester, I had been talking with Aaliyah for some time now. I think I'm ready to do this,I think I am.

It's the weekend and I have plans to hang out with her,for a picnic. I want it to be a special surprise.
As I got ready setting my stuff in the car,I stop at the store. What do you know I see two faces I didn't wanna see.

"Oh snap it's the boy Malachi." Ed said as Andrew was picking out snacks.

Ed smiled "well? What's up."
I look over at him "non much." I keep calm.

Andrew smiles at me and walks up to dab me up but I ignore it,because I know sometimes God doesn't want you to touch someone because that would be them implanting witch craft on you so I kept my distance. I seen as his hand fell down slowly, I didn't care.

"Well what chu got goin on?" I hear Andrew say

I sigh "just grabbing some snacks man." I try to avoid eye contact as I pick up some sushi made by the store that I liked.

Andrew smirked"she likes sushi." This made me mad,this got my blood boiling. I don't show it,but I keep my patience.

Ed smiled"yeah she gone love that one,especially the crunch roll."

That's it.

I turn to them "I gotta get goin." I walked off but they follow me

Andrew sighs "look look look." He stops in front of me. I look down at him.

"Just because me and her used to date don't mean I got any bad blood against you, I just wanna be friends."

I was puzzled,they used to what? How come I never heard about this before?

I lift a brow "wow, and I really don't care."

I tried to go around him but once again I was stopped only this time by his words " and look,I ain't mad you took my child mom away from me. But I admit I'm a little heartbroken." He faked hurt.

THAT WAS IT!

I'm stuck by this point, I'm ready to swing on any and everybody that spoke another word. Let him speak again and oooo God I'm ready to pounce, Oo Jesus you better come get em before I do.

I turn to him and just stare "what did you just say to me?" I step closer.

"I mean it's true,she had my kid."he shrugged and all I knew was I was on his case now,I grabbed him by the collar. I didn't hit him but Ed pulled me off. I drop my items and left the store,I arrived at the park and got my mind off it. I set up and stared at the set up, I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

It all came rushing back when I heard her voice.

"Hey boo." She spoke ever so softly,I turn to face her. She was gorgeous,she wore this floral long dress.

"Wow" I say in amazement at how beautiful she was.

She had her hands behind her back smiling.I walk toward her,reaching my hand out for hers. She had her dreads half up half down.

"This is a perfect set up." She hugs me and I hug back,all worries fall away .

"Come,sit." I had a thick blanket laid out for us,we sat down and she scanned the lay out I had before us.

"I'm boutta grub." She rubbed her hand together,I watched her grab a strawberry. Dipping it in chocolate,she looked at me and fed it to me. Not taking my eyes off of her,I bite into it.
She watched me and slowly pulled back, there had to had been chocolate on my face because she was looking directly at my mouth.she wiped them and then she kissed them. She kissed me.

I kissed her back,it wasn't that long of a kiss. In fact I counted, 1...2...3 second's. To be honest that was a long 3 seconds.

She pulled back gazed into my eyes, I hadn't noticed my hand was resting on her face. Then I heard him, God.

Patience and understanding.

I shrugged it off, she got shy and looked away taking a grape and ate one. This was it,the moment I finally was ready for. Dang,but wait. She had a kid?

"What Malachi ?" She looks at me confused,I didn't know I was still looking at her.

"Aaliyah I gotta tell you something." I cross my legs and face her, she does the same.

"Shoot." She responds.

" I..uh-" I pause at the fact I couldn't bring myself to say it,that I wanted her.it was pressing me.

"Well I was uh-" I frowned at myself looking down.

She took my hands and gave me a reassuring smile.
"Talk to me."

I just look at her and take a deep breath "I just have to say this before I get to the part I originally wanted to get to."

She nods and stares "so?"

"Do you have a kid?" I blurted out,I should not have started that way. Why did I start that way. She was looking at me with a sad expression, like I betrayed her. She pulls back away from me ,looking away she hesitated to speak. Her lips parted and then came back together.

"No." She says plainly ,she quickly looks over at me "so you knew this whole time?" She lifts a brow.

I frown "I still don't know anything, but  I keep getting told something just to be left on a cliff hanger.

She scoffed at me "who told you? My dad?" She was now fierce.

"What ? No!" I try to explain.

"Who told you Malachi?! What did they say?!" She was now standing and I stood with her.
"Look I was at the store okay?! And I saw Ed and Andrew-"I try to explain further,but she cut me off.

"What are you doing even talking to them?" She was now close to me.

I look up then back at her " oh ..my ..gosh Aaliyah I wasn't talking TO them! They were talking to ME!" I stare her in her eyes.

"What did they say." She spoke calmly

" you and Andrew used to be a thing." I tilt my head at her .

"OF COURSE HE SAID THAT WHAT ELSE?!" She was now talking to me like I was stupid and ion like that.

I laughed to myself a bit "you better cool your tone, okay? First off he told me that y'all got a kid together." I step back now getting more angry " what aren't you telling me Aaliyah." I look away from her,I couldn't look at her right now. She could tell I didn't want to.

"Malachi,I don't have a kid but-" she started to cry.

"You gave your body to him?" I said calmly and all of a sudden hell broke loose. She got all in my face and I thought I was never gonna hear the end of it.

"GAVE?!?!? YOU SAY THAT LIKE I WAS WILLING!" I hit a nerve, I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I'm getting super annoyed.

"Get out of my face Aaliyah." I say plainly.but she didn't listen ,she was spitting in my face at this points

"AALIYAH GET OUT MY FACE!" I yell at her,I didn't mean to.

She steps back tears flooded her eyes

Patience and understanding.

I heard and ignored.

"Speak to me like I'm a human being Aaliyah! Don't expect me to understand you because I don't! I don't know the situation at all! Speak to me!" I was furious.

She wasn't looking at me but at the ground. I look up to the sky and catch a breath. What went so wrong ? We were having a moment that was so perfect.

Patience and understanding.

"Aaliyah,I'm not your mom or your dad or your friend where you think you have to defend yourself, talking to me. I'm listening Aaliyah I am not judging you. Unlike them I am here to listen and believe you!" I look back down ahead,only to find her missing. She was slowly inching towards the floor crying,I quickly grabbed her to lift her up. It was useless, so I fell with her back onto the blanket. As she cried I pulled her into my arms,wrapping them around her.
She took a long moment before speaking.

" I was at a party, a birthday party." She finally spoke after calming down,I did not dare make her look at me so that it wasn't awkward. I let her speak.

"I was having a great time,but then this guy came. He was cute, and he talked to me." She lowers her voice at the last part.
"He seemed nice and cool, I don't remember everything. All i know was my friend told me to go to the back,to get his jacket because we were all about to go outside to play games."

She took some sniffs as I wiped her face that was in my chest.
"I went to the back and, I heard the door close." She cried more and my heart stopped. I realized something, she was trying to tell me.

She was raped.

"I didn't want to- I also didn't wanna get an abortion but my mom made me." she covers her face and cried out-loud. I held her so close,but it wasn't enough, I wanted to help heal her. I wanted to get revenge, but like God said.

Vengeance is mine

So do it God,do it!

Was all I could say in my head, I had wrong thoughts. Then God spoke.

Proverbs 24:17-18
Do not rejoice and gloat when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad [in self-righteousness] when he stumbles, Or the LORD will see your gloating and be displeased, And turn His anger away from your enemy.

Sorry.

She cleaned herself up and pulled back still not making eye contact.

A vision played in my head, it was a wedding. There was flowers everywhere, I was the groom. When I turned to my left I saw her as the bride.God what does this mean, what chu tryna say.

I told you because I trust you ,but if you ruin the surprise for her. I will hinder your blessing.

I widen my eyes looking at her,she finally looked at me.

"What?" She stared and I shook my head.

"My mother thinks I did it on purpose." She blurted.

I nod "figures..and your dad?"

She scoffs " he has my back but I still feel like he resents me."

I take her hand "when is the last time you genuinely talked to God?"

She stared at me,Like she was questioning everything. She switched between my eyes,she couldn't say anything.

"What did you originally want to say?" She stared in my eyes.

I almost forgot

"I wanted you to be my girlfriend." I said plainly.She took a moment

"I have to go." She got up in a rush I frowned and shot up "whoa whoa whoa Aaliyah !" She darts to her car and drove off.

That was about 5 months ago. The semester been ended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 3.7K 43
" That's not fair and you know it," He gritted, " You're not the only one who blames themselves for his death." " He's dead because of me, Exodus!"...
122K 5.5K 36
growing up and growing apart sometimes people who really love you have to leave you for your own good and it's okay to grow apart holding on to thi...
953K 67.2K 69
You are angry I know, I know I was wrong, I did wrong, if you are mad then hit me, slap me, punch me, hurt me physically, I would bear that, but don'...
4.5K 408 27
In a lovestory, when are problems ought to surface? Before falling in love perhaps with the push and pull and pinning and waiting, with the confused...