ɪʟʟɪᴄɪᴛ ᴀꜰꜰᴀɪʀꜱ • ʀᴀꜰᴇ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏ...

By delicatessss

Rafe Cameron's love and obsessions. JJ Maybank's issues and recklessness. Rafe Cameron x OC x JJ Maybank. OBX... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀꜱᴛ
ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛꜱ
𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼

663 8 28
By delicatessss

IT'S A DARK AND GLOOMY inside the room and the only source of light coming from the hallway where it's peeking through the curtain from the window that's enough to help her to catch the glimpse of things around her.

It's also a dead silence in here, where she only can hear her own breathing along with Rafe's sometimes. She doesn't know if the boy already fall asleep, she's way too scared to check up on him that is currently laying on the floor just below her.

She wants to offer for him to sleep on the bed with her, knowing that nothing will ever happens and she doubts that Rafe actually wants to do anything with her especially after everything. It's going to be just a sleep, they both are going to sleep on their side of the bed and nothing will ever happened.

Plus, she can't bare to let him laying down on the floor like that. It must be uncomfortable for him and he's going to have a back pain the next morning by laying down on a hard and cold floor the whole night instead of the comfortable bed like her. It making her feels bad.

But, she's too scared to offer that to him afraid that he's going to decline the offer and that only making Hope looks stupid. She hates for overthinking about a simple thing that isn't supposed to be a big deal to do.

Also, she's still trying to be cautious than to be way too close with Rafe especially by laying down on a bed with him. Just for precaution.

Hope let out a soft sigh, shifting under the blanket to face her right side instead of the ceiling, that is also a side where Rafe just laying down just below her.

She wants to take a peek, just to see if Rafe is already asleep or not but she doesn't want to look like a creep. What if he's still awake and he caught her in action? That would be embarrassing. She would rather sleep on the road than here.

Rafe heard the constant sighs along with the shifting of the comforter coming from her on the bed. He glances up a little, wonder if she's already asleep and get some bad dreams or something.

He decides to check up on her.

"Mia?" Rafe spoke up, facing up the ceiling while waiting for Hope to answer to him. If she actually already asleep, he's going to let it go.

Hope perks up at the called of her name, almost like he can read her mind that she's about to check up on him but too shy to do it.

"Yeah?" she answered.

Rafe sit up from laying on the floor and she saw his head peeking out rising up from his laying position. Though it's still dark around here, she knows his eyes now darting on her. Rafe turns around to reach out for the bedside lamp, turning it on so they can have the source of light back.

Hope squints her eyes when the bright orange light starts to illuminate the dark room, enough for them to see each other again. She can see his face in a clear view this time.

"You good?" He asked, keeping his gaze on her who is still laying down with the comforter pooling around consuming her body.

"Yeah. What's wrong?" She questioned, because he looks a little worry. Like he though she's in a trouble or something.

"I heard you're shifting around a lot, thought you had a bad dream or something" He pointed out, can't help to feel relief when she's fine.

Hope smile a little, if only he knows the reason she's shifting around is because of him. That she's debating herself whether she can invite him into the bed without making it awkward or something.

"I'm fine, I'm not even asleep yet" She answered.

"Why don't you? It's already late now" Rafe continues.

They both got into the bed, or in his case on the floor almost like an hour ago and from the silence coming from Hope he thought she's already asleep. Until she heard the constant sighs and her moving around that starts to catch his attention.

"I don't know, can't find the good position" she said and it's not really entirely a lie.

She's moving a lot because she's trying to find a position that comfortable enough for her to fall asleep. Thinking about Rafe is just a side factor.

Rafe nods, he actually understands that because he's too often to get those sometimes. Plus, he's lying if he actually comfortable to lie down on the hard and cold floor like this. He starts to feel his back hurt but he doesn't want to pry about it. Since he's trying to respect Hope decision to not sharing a bed with him.

Honestly, he thought it would be a good choice for them to sleep separately like this. He's not even trust himself to not do something that can push the girl over just like she's always warned him about. Hope just had that in her that making him keep drawn towards her every time they're only an arm length from eachother.

"Missing your old bed?" He guess, just trying to make a conversation.

Something about talking with her only with the dim light from the bedside lamp bringing a comfort to him. He didn't get this often, he never get this ever. Who wants to talk to him or even being so casual like this with him?

Only Hope wants to do that and he just wants to do it with her.

"I guess so. I'm missing my stuffed animals" She continues, because she indeed missing them.

She's got bunches of them back in her room, they've been her company on her bed for years since she was a kid.

Rafe let out a small chuckle "You still haven't change a bit, Mia" he mutters it, knowing the information about her sleeping with her stuffed since they were kids.

He knows Hope have bunches of them and he once used to steal one from her just to tease the girl that ended up with her chasing him around the house.

"Can't blame me though, they all are so comfortable. It helps me to sleep a lot" Hope states, not feeling embarrassed to admit it.

"Yeah--" Rafe just agreed with her, a soft smile plaster on his face.

Hope chews her lips nervously, maybe she should ask him about it right now. What worse could happen, right? If he decline her offer, they both can just go back to sleep like before, right?

"Why uh--why aren't you sleep yet?" Hope asked, trying to keep up with the conversation before she actually can drop the bomb.

Rafe paused a little, just looking at her wordlessly "I don't know. Guess I'm also trying to find a good position" he answered "I'm not really used to sleep on the floor"

That actually causing Hope to almost scoff out loud, she doesn't know if Rafe being sarcastic or just oblivious but that hitting somewhere. She starts to feel bad, maybe it's time for her to ask him.

"I'm sorry" She mumbles it, guilt filling her voice.

"Don't worry, I understand" Rafe brushed it away.

"But uh-do you, um, do you want to, you know-" Hope stuttered, trying to find any good words to put up in order to spit them out properly.

Rafe furrows his brows at her inability to form the words, she looks rather nervous and he starts to get curious.

"Want what?" He chimes, shifting a little on the floor and this time he's fully facing her.

Hope pursed her lips and she swallows the lump behind her throats. That's when she decides to sit up on the bed, letting the comforter to fall around her waist. She thinks she talk better like this instead of laying down.

"I know I said that I don't want to share a bed with you and you probably don't want to after everything I said but uh--do you want to share it with me, now?" She finally spit it out, maintaining her gazes right on him.

Rafe looks surprised because he actually didn't see that coming from her. Of course he would like to share the bed with her, that would be an honour for him.

"Sudden change of heart?" He asked, trying not to look excited over it.

"I just don't want you to sleep on the floor, you might get a back pain tomorrow" She explained.

Rafe nods, of course that would be the reason why. Not because she actually wants him to. But her concern for him that might get a back pain for sleeping on the floor already enough for him.

That's means she's still care about him, right?

"You sure about it? I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable" Rafe asked again, just to make sure "Don't worry about me getting a back pain, I'll survive"

"No, I'm sure. You can--you can get on the bed with me. It got an enormous space, I can give some for you" she assured, scooting away from taking the most space to herself giving the other side of it to Rafe. She lift up the comforter, allowing him to get under it with her.

Rafe watched the girl moves on the bed and he starts to feel the excitement seeping inside him. He caught the genuine smile from her, assuring him that it's fine for him to do it. He quickly grabs his pillow from the floor and get onto the bed. Hope feels the bed shift as soon as he joined her, he already takes the vacant spot next to her.

"Thank you" Rafe mutters it, appreciate the kind gesture from her.

"Yeah, it's nothing" She answered, because it's totally nothing.

She's pretty sure she's going to do that to anyone else that sitting on Rafe's position. She's just like that and everyone knows that.

"Do you--do you want the light off again?" Rafe asked, ready to turn it off just like before and let the dark consume them.

Even though he wants to keep the light on, so he can keep his eyes on Hope while she's sleeping. He knows he sounds creepy but he's afraid if he takes his eyes off from her only for seconds, she's going to disappear. Running away from him again.

"You mind if we let it on? It's too dark when the light's out" Hope suggested.

Usually she would be fine sleeping with all the lights off, she's sleep better with it but she doesn't feel she wants that for now. Probably because she has a company sleeping just right next to her.

"Yeah, sure" Rafe said, he won't mind, really. Totally not mind.

"Okay" Hope nods once again and there's an awkward silence between them.

That's when she decides to go back to sleep, maybe that can help with the awkwardness between them. She hates how strange it is for them to sit together like this and not knowing what to say, because this totally won't happen if there's no backstory between them. She knows they probably would keep up with any conversations for the rest of the night instead of feeling like strangers like this.

"We should go back to sleep" she announced.

"Yeah, of course" Rafe agreed, he starts to get under the comforter.

Though he knows he won't be able to sleep anyways, he's been staying up late for days. He can't seem to get the sleep he wants, his thought never really allows him to do that. It's too loud sometimes and he can't shut his eyes close without having some anxiety.

Especially after the incident at the midsummers.

"Goodnight, Rafael" Hope mutters it before she's back on laying down, placing her head on the pillow while bringing the comforter higher to cover up her body.

She's facing the other side instead of Rafe, can't bring herself to do that or else she's going to have a freaking panic attack. He's sleeping next to her without a shirt, it's a lie if she's not going to fantasize about it.

Just like Rafe said earlier, a lot of girls would pay great amount of money to be in her position and she's got it for free.

"Goodnight, Amelia" He wished her back after a while.

He also starts to lay down, placing his head on the pillow. But instead of facing away from Hope, he's facing up the ceiling. Resting both of his hand on his stomach, let out a calm and steady breath. Though Hope is only one reach away from him, his mind is still occupied with her. He's been living inside his mind quite often lately, haunting his nights and dreams.

Hope can't help to smile when she heard him called her with her middle name instead of the nickname he gave to her. She knows Rafe always loves the name, he said it suits her better than her first name. Because it sounds like a princess, just like what she is. A princess.

Another minute passing between them, sitting in a good silence since their last conversations but neither of them actually got the sleep that they mentioned before.

Hope is still wide awake, she can't keep her eyes close for more than a second before she's back wide open. Her mind occupied about the boy next to her, his presence actually do number on her even though he barely do anything.

She let out a sigh, slowly changing her position to lay on her back facing the ceiling just like Rafe did. He's also still wide awake, been staring up there for minutes and sometimes at her who was facing away from him. He knows Hope isn't sleep yet, she keep moving around.

He wants to start any conversations with her again, but he's afraid if he's bothering her.

"Can't sleep?" Rafe chimes when he notices she starts to change her position, he turns his head to hi side to look at her.

Hope pressed her lips tightly "Yeah" she sighed, that actually annoyed her.

She's very tired, so tired especially after everything but she just can't bring herself to do it. Her eyes won't give up for her.

"Still finding the good position? Or just simply missing your animal stuffed?" Rafe continues, teasing her a little.

That actually bring a smile on her lips, she glances at him too but he already got his eyes on her.

"What about you, Mr. Cameron? Why haven't you sleep yet?" she questioned him back "Also trying to find the good position or you've got any animal stuffed that you missed?"

Rafe scoffed "How old I am, huh? 9? I don't need those things"

Hope chuckles "Just asking" she shrugged, though it would be funny to picture Rafe, the intimidating and grumpy Rafe to sleep with any stuffed toys. She's totally going to make fun of him for that if he's actually have it.

Rafe rolls his eyes and avert his gaze back to the ceiling while Hope is still with her small chuckle, enjoying the teased she gives to him. When her laughs die, they back into the silence once again with the both of them staring up on the empty space above them. Almost like that's the most interesting thing inside the room when it just plain and white all over it.

Rafe got something inside his mind, he wants to apologize to her about what he did yesterday. He knows Hope already warned him to not bring that up or even apologizes about it, but he can't keep that in him anymore longer.

He needs Hope to know that he's actually meant everything that he said, every apologizes that he mutters to him. He meant all of them and he's regretting his behaviour towards her.

He regrets for being so harsh at her and calling out her with names as much as yelling and screaming at her even though he promised her to not do that before they went to the midsummers.

He regrets that he kissed her when she didn't want to, that's the thing that he regret the most. He shouldn't do that, that's so wrong of him. But he can't control himself yesterday, everything was so tense for him and he can't think straight.

This is his chance and he's gotta take it before he lost it. He doesn't know until when Hope is going to be here with him, before JJ is going to take her from him back. After everything that happened, he knows Hope is going to run back to JJ if Rafe not trying to redeem himself now.

Because he's in the wrong here and JJ is in the right, Hope not going to think twice to get back to JJ.

"Hey, Mia" Rafe spoke gaining her attention back to him.

"Yeah?" Hope glances at him, expecting for him to look at her but he's still got his eyes pinning on the ceiling.

Rafe paused for a while, taking his time before he actually can continue with his words. He takes a deep breath and he slowly facing the girl who already looking at him. He caught the confusion written all over her face.

"Listen, I know you already warned me about this multiple times and I heard it very clear, trust me. But uh-I really, really sorry for what I did yesterday. I really meant it, okay? I know I screwed up and I'm aware of that, but I'm sorry. Please, just forgive me, I really regret it" He starts, pouring out his deepest thoughts.

Hope starts to sigh when she heard that from him "Rafe-" she's trying to stop him from keep going because she doesn't want that ruining their night again.

She doesn't want to talk about this, not like this. They'll end up in another argument, she's trying to avoid that road.

"No, no, just-listen to me alright? I know you're probably sick of it but I need you to hear this from me" He stopped her before she can finish her words, he knows what's going to come out from her mouth "I'm very, very sorry for what I did and for ruining our midsummers. I'm sorry for putting you in that position" he continues "And I'm-uh, I'm sorry for what I did to JJ"

Hope remains silence this time, listening to him just like he wants her to. She keep her eyes on him, watching him starts to shift nervously around the blanket that covering half of his body.

"I swear, I swear I didn't want that to happen. I didn't-I didn't want to kill JJ or any Pogues in general, I swear" he continues again "It just-I got really, really mad and I can't control myself. But I swear, I swear I didn't want to go crazy like that. I never did anything like that, I never feel that mad before"

Because he did never feel anything like he felt yesterday. Sure, he's a violent type of a person and he's get into a fight so many times but he never really went down just like he did to JJ. He never had any urges to kill someone before, that would be just fucked up for him to do. But yesterday, it was really another side of him that he never thought he could be and truth be told, he's also as scared as Hope is.

The thought of him capable of killing people and there's something that strong enough to drive him into that road actually scared him. What if he actually screwed something big enough in the future? Something that as bad as killing people? Not just the Pogues but also in general. What if his anger and his emotion got the better of him and he actually committed that crime?

"Then, why would you do that, Rafe?" Hope finally open her mouth "How can you--how can you do something like that?"

Rafe sucks his inner cheeks "I was so mad when I saw you kissed him, okay? Because--because it was me that supposed to kiss you, not him" he states "And when you said you choose him, that you--that you want him instead me of, I just lost control. Especially when he looks so sure of himself that he can have you. I can't control myself, Mia. I swear"

"That's not an excuse for everything you did, Rafe. That's just--that's just fucked up and it was so scary, okay? I never saw you that angry before"

"I know, I know" he sighed, shutting close his eyes for a second to calm himself down before he open them back "It's fucked up and I know it. Trust me. I don't feel proud of it either" he continues, because his action actually bugging himself too.

Actually, after every violent thing he did, he always regret that later. He would sit down and think about it for days and he starts to feel bad. But he just can't control it and he just doesn't know how. Nobody tells him how to and he's not wanting any help from them either.

"And uh--there's voices inside my head. It's uh-it keep driving me crazy sometimes and I don't know how to shut them up" he said again.

He's scared to talk about it, afraid that people would call him crazy or something but he needs to talk about it. Plus, he knows Hope won't judge him, she already knows enough about his problems.

Hope feels her heart drop a little.

"What--what voices?" she asked.

"You remembered when I said that I got the thoughts sometimes inside my mind?" Rafe said, reminding her and Hope nods.

She knows about it and that's one of the reasons that drive Rafe to take his drugs. To get rid of those thoughts.

"I keep getting those thoughts lately, because my dad keep pressuring me about the whole business things, that I need to start being useful to help him or something rather than keep messing around the island. The morning before we went to the midsummers, before I went to pick you up from your house, we've got into another argument" he ranted "I was so mad and I'm trying to keep it down before I picked you up, I don't want to burst out at you. I don't want him to ruin our day"

Hope puts a hand on her forehead "Why you didn't tell me about it?" she asked, because she would try to make him feels better. She would do everything to help him.

"Like I said, I don't want him to ruin our day. So, I keep it to myself and I don't want to ruin our mood. You look excited that day, I don't want to take that from you" he continues, forcing a soft smile for her.

"God, Rafe-" she sighed and starts to feel very bad. That's why he looks a little sad on their way back to his house and she's cussing herself for not asking him about it "I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that" she said, holding out her hand to reach out for his hand, starts to give a soft squeeze for some comfort.

"That's fine, really. It's just another shitty day I had with my dad" Rafe brushed that away, reacting to the touch Hope gives to him on his hand. That actually helps him a lot, any touch from Hope always made him feels better.

"It's not normal, Rafe. He shouldn't do that to you, he shouldn't do this to you. Kicking you out like this? That's just--that's just unacceptable" Hope complained, she's totally against Ward this time no matter how much she adores of the man before.

"He's right, I'm 19 now. I should be useful somewhere, somehow. I can't keep doing nothing forever"

"That's not an excuse for him to kick you out or everything that he put you through all this time" Hope argued again "You don't deserved that, to be treating like this. He should know that, you're his son too"

Rafe chews his lips, he has the urges to cry "I swear, okay? I try my best to be just like he wants, I follow everything that he wanted me to do but that's just not enough for him. I did not meant to screw something up or even ruin anything, I just-I just need him to actually appreciated me for once instead of keep complaining about me"

Hope heard the crack of his voices while he's pouring out his heart, she can see his eyes start to get watery. That's when Hope decides to scoot closer to him and wrapping her arms around him, pulling him into a hug.

Rafe feels tense a little at the sudden gesture from her, he didn't expect for a hug from her but he's not going to complain. Because he needs it, he needs it so bad.

Rafe automatically lean into her touch, letting her arm drapes around his body while she's pulling him closer into her. His head resting against her chest and he feels her resting head on top of his. He sneaks his arm around her waist, bringing her even closer to him. He feels safe like this, he feels safe in between her arms.

"That's okay, alright? You're enough and you're doing very good. He's just too blind to notice" Hope mutters that softly, her fingers find its way on his hair. She starts to run them through his strands, giving a small massage on his scalp to comfort him "It's not your fault that he's a shitty father to you, you don't deserved that" she continues.

Rafe nods his head, letting her soft touch on his head to give him the comfort that he wants.

"I'm sorry for what I did back at the golf course, Mia. I'm sorry for hurting JJ, I'm sorry almost killing him" he continues again, he needs her to know how sorry he is for that "I'm sorry for kissing you when you didn't want to. That's just-that's just fucked up. I shouldn't do that"

"That's fine, that's all right. I understand, really" Hope assured, she's no longer mad about it. At least not entirely, just like what she feels before. Because she knows Rafe really meant it this time, she knows he really regretted it.

"And uh--these voices, it was there when I beat JJ, it keep messing with my head and I can't keep them out" Rafe continues again, this is what he's actually trying to tell her.

Other than keep having thoughts, he sometimes got a little voice inside his mind. When he's got a little stress or way into his problems. It sometimes drives him to do something that he shouldn't do, telling him about something that he doesn't want to know.

Hope stops playing with his hair, she's furrowing her brows "What voices, Rafe? What is it about" she asked, because this is the first time he actually told her about this and the second times he mentioned it now.

"I don't know" he shrugged "But I know it's there, I can hear it whispering to me and it's never a good one"

"What did it say?"

"Bad" he states "Bad enough and I don't like it, all right? It keep saying things about me and I hate it, it make me mad sometimes. And it didn't really go away after I took my drugs, not entirely" he continues.

Hope can feel her heart beating faster, because this isn't really something that she can take it lightly. It's serious and Rafe does need help. If he actually starts to hear voices in his head, she just knows that he's not mentally well.

"Did it say something back at the golf course?" she continues.

"Yeah"

"What did it say"

Rafe paused a little and she waits for him "It said--it said that I need to kill JJ or else he's going to take you away from me" he spit it out "And I'm going to look like a pussy if I actually lost you to a Pogue. I'm just--I'm just mad, really mad, after it said that and I just go down for it. I just want JJ dead after that. It doesn't matter how, I just want him to"

Hope let out a shaky breath "That's--that's not normal Rafe"

"I know, I know. But I can't control it and I hate it, I really hate it" Rafe retorted, because he also wants to get rid of it if he actually could. But nothing really works, not even his drugs and his alcohol.

She licked her lips "Does it say anything now?" she asked, she wants to know about it

And the thought of it making her blood drawn, what if it starts to tell Rafe to do anything to her and he just buy right into it? What if it starts to tell Rafe to even hurt himself and he actually did that? Hope starts to feel anxious, her feet starts to feel cold.

"No, it didn't say anything" He shook his head, Hope feels he moves slightly since his head just right on her chest "It seems to be blocked out whenever I'm around you, I don't know why and how"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I can't hear those when I'm with you, I don't even got any thoughts" he assured "But when you went missing this morning and nobody knows about where were you, I was so panic, okay? and I start to get those again, I almost losing my mind. I just realized how fucked up I am. This voice, it said that you were running away with JJ and I just screw things up all over again"

Hope close her eyes a little, because she's indeed was running to JJ as soon as she can. She just wants to make sure he's fine, she was so worry about JJ and she thought he's got hurt really bad by Rafe.

The mentioned about him making her heart churned, she wonders what the blond boy currently doing by now. And she feels bad, because she's supposed to be with him tonight to help him fin the gold, after they let Kiara and Sarah figured this in between them. She wonder if he actually succeed to find it with them.

"I don't want you to leave me, okay, Mia? You can't--you can't leave me" Rafe looks up for her, tilting his head up to find her face.

Her thought about JJ got snapped away when she heard Rafe's voice again, she caught the look he gives to her when he starts to move his head to look up to her.

"I'm not leaving you. I'm here, right?" Hope said.

"No, no, I mean, you can't be with JJ. I don't want you to be with him, you can't do that" he quickly say "I know you're going to run back to him when you're done with me here but I don't want you to do that. I can't have you to do that, it's driving me crazy, I hate it"

Hope let out a sigh once again, this is not helping at all. Seeing him like this, she knows she can't say no to him and she can't bring herself to do that. Not after everything he told her, she's afraid that he's going to do something that dangerous enough for everyone.

And she can't really say yes, because she can't do that to JJ. What is he going to say or even feels if he knows about this? She's going to hurt him and she already hurt him enough when she said she wants to check up on Rafe. She saw how defeats he looks like, how desperate he wants her to stay and just forget about Rafe.

"I don't know, Rafe--" She mutters, because she has no answer for that.

"Mia, please" Rafe begged and if he needs to be on his fucking knees, he's going to do it. Anything for her just so he can keep her with him and for her to not running back to JJ "I'm really sorry for everything, I really do. But I need you, okay? You can't go and I'm going to lose my mind if you went missing on me again" he continues.

"Don't say that, Rafe. You're making this harder than it already had" She exclaimed, she feels the heavy feeling on her chest. Almost suffocating her.

"Then don't make it harder, all right? Just--just stay with me and we're going to be just fine, I promised you" Rafe already fully pulling himself away from her because he needs to fully looking at her "I'm going to make it right again, I swear. We're going to be fine, Mia" He needs to convince her that he's really regrets everything and wants nothing than made up for it.

Hope keep chewing her lips and it almost get eaten out by her by how frequent she's doing it. She's literally trapped in between everything, she doesn't know what to say and what to do. She can't do this, she can't make the choices, not like this at least.

"Say it, please. Please say it, please say that you're going to be with me and not with JJ" Rafe continues again when Hope remains silence. He needs to hear it from her mouth, he needs to make sure of it.

The constant pleads from Rafe making she feels even more guilty, she can't seeing him like this, she can't watch him like this. He's totally in desperate and he needs help. The only person that seems to know about it is her and she can't just pretend like nothing ever happened.

She's sighing once again, this time it's more heavy and intense. She knows she needs to do this, there's no out of it really. Or else, she's going to create another problem and she had enough with it.

She can explain to JJ later, he's going to understand it, right? he always understands her. She try to convince herself, that's the only way she can do.

"Okay, okay. I'm going to stay with you" Hope finally said, forcing a smile on her lips and how heavy those words to roll out from her tongue.

Rafe face starts to change, there's a twinkle of joy flickers behind his eyes.

"Yeah?" he asks, to confirm it.

Hope nods her head, an actual smile actually plaster on her lips when she saw the expression from him.

"Yes, Rafe. I'll stay with you, we'll figure this out together, alright?" she assured.

The boy let out a small chuckle and nodding eagerly "Yeah, yeah--we're gonna figure this together" he said "I'm gonna make this right, okay? I promised you, you can--you can trust me" he said, pointing his finger to himself to prove his point. Just like he always did.

"Okay, Rafe. I trust you" she states, can't help to chuckle at his excitement.

Rafe keep beaming, his face brightened up with pure joy. He starts to pull her closer to him against, sneaking his arm around her waist. This time, instead of his head on his chest like before, he pulls her down a little so he can engulfed her and letting his warm embraced her. Her head facing the naked chest of him, she starts to snuggle closer, letting Rafe suffocated her with his arms.

"You're not going to regret this, Mia. We're going to be fine" Rafe mutters it softly, brushing her hair tenderly with his chin tuck on her head.

Hope nods her head, humming as a reply, she really hope that he's going to keep his words. She really hope he's not going to ruin this again.

And she lets his warmth to lullaby her to sleep and his soft touch on her hair sending her to another sweet dream.

•••

THE POGUES ARE back to the dryland later that evening when they finally get Sarah and Kiara back from the boat after leaving them for hours, hoping that they can mend their relationship back. And it seems like Hope's plan is worked out because the girls finally figured things out between them and back on speaking terms.

When Sarah hopped out from the boat to the deck, she notices how quiet JJ is ever since they come to pick her and Kiara from the marsh and the lack of her redhead best friend with the boys actually putting her in a curious state.

It's not that hard for Sarah to put everything together, she's not that oblivious about it and JJ's attitude actually sold him out. She knows something is happening between them and she's trying to figure out what.

When JJ finally tied up the boat on a pole and make sure it strong enough to hold it, he decides to take a smoke for a while just to clear out his mind. He told his friends to get going first, he'll be right behind them when he's done smoking.

They didn't really say anything and just assume that something happened between him and Hope though they're are as curious as to know about it. The redhead just disappeared except for John B that knows where is she's currently since Hope asked him to drop her at the Cameron's.

He didn't really ask her about it and Hope also didn't tell him why. JJ's too decides to keep his mouth shut than talking about it so John B let it slide. They can get back for it later.

JJ stands at the edge of the deck while bringing his vape to his mouth, inhaling it before he lets out the smoke filling the air around him. He stares out to the marsh, watching the birds flying above the water and letting the soft breeze hitting his skin.

His mind is occupied with a certain girl that is currently on the other side of the island from him, probably under that touch of his enemy and that making him feels sick. He wants nothing than go there and snatch her back from him, but he also knows that his action is going to cause more trouble than solving one.

Sarah excused herself from the group, telling John B that she's going to check up on JJ. The Routledge boy just nods, maybe it would be a good thing for Sarah to do it, maybe she can talk about Hope to him. She knows the girl better than anyone here.

She's walking back to the deck and only to find the other blond been standing at the edge of it while looking out towards the water. He looks so occupied with himself, she can see he's clearly in a crisis.

"Hey--" Sarah said, announcing her presence while trying not to startle him. She's slowly making her way towards him until they're close enough. Taking an empty spot next to him.

JJ snapped his head to his side when he heard the voice, watching Sarah approaching him with a soft smile.

"What's up?" he greets her back, inhaling his vape once again.

"You good?" She asked, looking up to him who already averts his gaze away from her.

He nods his head "Yeah" he said "Why wouldn't I be? It wasn't me that got left out in a marsh for hours with my sworn enemy" he jokes, still can give out his humours making Sarah to chuckle.

"Yeah, I gotta thank you guys for that actually" She said "But still, you guys are still a bitch for it. It's a good thing it working out"

"Yeah, you should thank your buddy for that. It's her plan" JJ continues, coughing a little when he's getting too much smoke in his lungs.

Sarah pursed her lips at the mentioned of Hope, he looks so calm while talking about it but there's still something that lack from his tone.

"Speaking of Hope, are you two, okay?" She finally asked.

JJ gives her a quick glance "Yeah" he said "Why do you asked? Did she--did she tell you anything"

Sarah shook her head "No, we haven't seen each other since you left us"

"Yeah, right" JJ reply heartlessly.

"Look, I'm trying not to be nosy about whatever relationship you two had but, Hope is my best friend and she's like a sister to me for as long as I can remember" Sarah continues, fully facing him now "I care about her a lot, okay? And everyone that she cares is also means something to me. Just like you"

JJ drops his vape, he's no longer breathing with it anymore while he's listening to the girl's monologue.

"So, just--I don't know, tell me if there's something because I might help you with it"

JJ gives her a look "Why do you think there's something that you need to help with?" he asked "We can just be fine"

"Don't lie, JJ. I know there's something" She states "She wasn't here with us and you're moping like this. It's not that hard to guess"

He scoff a little "I'm not moping"

"Then, what are you calling it as?"

"I'm just--I'm just trying to take some air. That's it, can't a guy breath the non-polluting air in peace"

Sarah snorts at his answer "That's the bullshit answer I ever heard JJ. You literally vaping out here, this is not a non-polluted air"

The blond boy rolls his eyes "Why don't you go back to figure eight and ask her by yourself. Pretty sure she's got the answer that you want" he said.

"She's going home?" Sarah asked, because as far as she knows, Hope doesn't want to go home yet.

"Your house, more specifically"

"Why would she's going to my house?"

JJ sigh "Why do you think?"

Sarah paused a little, there's another reason why Hope would want to be at her house other than her. His psychopath older brother. She lets out a sigh, shaking her head.

"She's going back to Rafe?" She asked him, just to confirm it.

JJ nods his head, licking his lips "Yeah" he said and hearing the words 'she's going back to Rafe' actually hitting his core. That stings.

"What did he wanted?"

"I don't know" he shrugged "Your sister said that he's got into an argument with your dad something like that. And Hope convinced enough that he's gonna need her"

Sarah furrows her brows "Wheezie?" she asked "Wheezie told her that?"

"Yeah"

"Shit" She cussed, running her fingers through her hair "He must be using Wheezie to get to Hope. He knows that she's not going to say no to Wheezie"

She thought maybe Rafe is desperate enough to get back to Hope that he needs to use Wheezie. Rafe knows every soft spot from Hope, he knows that she's not going to decline any pleads the young girl. She's way too soft for that.

"I told her that" JJ states "But she didn't believe me. She said that Rafe needs her, something about he's not going to do well when it comes to his father and she promised him something and shit"

Sarah scoff "No, that's just bullshit, alright? she told me the same thing when I said that she needs to left Rafe and stand up for herself. That's just not right, Rafe just guilt tripping her. He knows that she's not going to turn her back from him"

JJ is so grateful that he's not the only person who actually thought of that. And now, coming from Sarah, Rafe's sister herself, JJ knows that he's right about it. That he's not just saying things just because he's too desperate to let Hope stay with him.

"Told her that too" JJ states that.

"Listen to me, okay? You need to get her away from Rafe, that's the only way" Sarah said, she knows JJ is the only shoot she had to do that. Nobody else can, nobody else dare enough to cross Rafe but she knows JJ can.

"How am I going to do that, Sarah? He's got a strong hold on Hope, strong enough that can make her running back to him even after he's screwed up" he said "She was so upset of him, alright? That's why she wants to run away from him to here, to be with me. And suddenly, one phone call about him enough to make her to drop everything for him?"

That making his heart aching once again, because he knows how Rafe is always going to stand in between them, that he's going to win. He hates that no matter what he did or show to Hope, it's not enough to make her stay. While Rafe going around, pulling some shit and he's still enough to pull Hope back to him.

"I don't know what happened last night and I don't want to pry about it, because it's not my business and I know Hope is going to tell me later. But, I know you can do something, okay? I know you can. You're the only person who can do that, you can get Hope away from him" Sarah continues.

JJ is still doubting himself "I don't think I can do that, Sarah"

"Of course you can do that, I know you can"

"Why? Why are you so sure that I can win her? Don't you think that she deserved someone better than me?"

"Someone better like Rafe?" Sarah questioned, because if that actually the definition of Hope deserved someone better, she's going to pull Hope from her brother by herself.

JJ scoff a little "No, not Rafe" he said. God no, please. "I mean, someone other than me and Rafe. Someone that is going to treat her right, suit her better"

A boy who is not a Pogue and reckless like him or not a manipulative and obsessive like Rafe. That's for sure.

"Why do you think you don't deserve her? Because you're a Pogue?" Sarah asked again, because if it's the reason why, she's gonna call it bullshit.

"Yeah--" JJ nods.

"Look, that's doesn't matter, okay? What's matter is you can make her happy and she's happy with you too. In a way that you don't have to guilt tripping her or even begging for her to stay" Sarah added.

"I don't know, Sarah" JJ sigh, throwing his head to the back.

"Listen to me, okay? Hope, she's a pretty girl and I lied if I said that there's no boys want her. A lot of them been trying to get with her but none of them succeed"

JJ smiles a little "Yeah, that's sounds right" he said, because he knows about it. He actually surprised how Hope never been in any relationship, consider that she's the girl that can have everyone and anyone that she want

"Hope, she doesn't care about it and I know the perspective she had over getting into a relationship or letting people into her life. She thought it was scary" Sarah adds "And she always have a thing for you, okay? Ever since your dad worked with his father, she keeps curious about your life. She always wants to know about you. At first, I don't get it but right now-I finally know why"

That actually surprised him, he never heard about it before "Why?" he asked.

Sarah smiles a little "JJ, she likes you, like a lot. She might be oblivious before you two know each other and she keeps brushing it away as her being concern over you. Because you know-your dad" she hesitantly said and JJ just pursed his lips "But right now, I know she always have a thing for you"

JJ can't help to take that as a compliment and he can't hide a smile from coming out of him. Knowing Hope might like him before he even knows her actually a pleasant story to hear. He didn't know that he's that intrigued to know, if only he knows about this earlier

"And uh, you kissed her already, right?" Sarah continues to ask, just to make sure. Because she knows Hope never kissed anyone before.

JJ nods "Yeah, we did it the first time yesterday at the golf course"

"See, she chose you to be her first kiss. She always tell me that her first kiss is going to be something that memorable enough for her, she takes that serious but she chose you. That's means, she wants you, okay? You're that special to her" She adds more.

"Okay, fine" JJ let out a breath "But how am I going to keep Rafe away from her? How am I going to convince Hope to ditch his ass when she keeps picking him up every time?"

"Everything that she had with you coming out natural, all right? You're not forcing it out" Sarah said "But Rafe, it's toxic. He forced it out, he makes her feels trapped and she has no choices other than fall for it. That's not healthy at all"

JJ pressed his lips together "What do you want me to do?" he asked "You know it's not going to be an easy task to keep Rafe away from her or her from keep running back to him"

"You have to try, okay? I love Hope, like a lot. And I know my brother enough. They're not right for each other, she's gonna get hurts with him" she states "Just--talk to her, she'll listen to you. It's always been you, not Rafe. That's why she chose you and she made a good decision for it" she smiles.

JJ smiles, mirroring the same one from him. She's actually not that bad for a Kook, maybe that's the reason why John B actually likes her. Just like Hope, she's nothing like a Kook that always made fun of him.

"I'll see what I can do" He states, he's definitely going to think for something after this, so he can lure Hope back to him.

"You better" Sarah warned, giving him a look.

"And uh-thanks, for the pep talk. You're nice, I think John B made a good choice" he said, beaming a little causing Sarah to chuckle.

"Yeah, but don't get used to it. I can be a bitch if I want to" she said.

"I let John B to handle that"

"Yeah"

"Plus, your share still come out from his cut, not mine. Just because you being nice doesn't mean I'm going to give you some of my share" JJ continues, mentioning about the gold.

"You can keep your gold to yourself, JJ. I won't bother" she playfully rolls her eyes causing the blond boy to laugh once again. He starts to feel better, maybe Sarah did the right thing for come out to him and talk about it.

"But really, thank you for talking to me about it" JJ continues again, this time in serious tone "I owe you for that"

"Don't sweat it, Romeo. I'll do it for my best friend, she deserves someone better, someone like you" she said. Sarah confident enough that JJ is going to be the right one for Hope "But don't break her heart. I'll be coming for you, I'm not even joking about it"

JJ grins "Not gonna happen, Ma'am" he assured "Gonna take a good care of her. Swear" he hold up his hand.

Sarah chuckles a little "Good"

•••

THE NEXT MORNING, Rafe woke up earlier than usual and he feels like he's been sleeping forever. It's been a long time since he's got a sleep that feels like this, that he doesn't need to force himself to close his eyes or even woke up in the middle of the night.

When he open his eyes, Hope is still asleep and he's still got his arms around her. She looks peaceful, with her head resting on his chest and her hair messily falls all over the bed. Their legs tangled up with each other.

Rafe likes this, actually he loves this. He loves to sleep next to her and wakes up with her in his arms. He can do this forever for his entire life, he wants to keep doing this forever. With her.

He's been awake for long enough but he didn't dare to move a muscle afraid that he's going to wake her up and she's going to part away from him. He wants to keep holding her, keeping her as close as he can to himself.

He won't mind even if his muscles feel sore for holding her like this for so long. It's better than not able to touch or hold her, that's thousand times worst. He can't bare himself for that, he's going to lose his mind.

So, instead of get up from the bed and moves her to sleep on her own without him holding her, he stays on his position. His fingers been playing with her hair, brushing it slowly tracing the silk and soft feeling against his touch.

He heard her steady and calm breathing almost like it's a music to his ears. Feeling the warmth from her body mixing with his, her bare legs that tangled with him brushing against his, skin to skin.

He can't stop his lips from smiling, because this feels too real for him. Almost like he can't believe himself that he's gonna be in this position with Hope. That he's still not losing her despite of everything that he did, that she's still here with him even she's choosing JJ instead of him.

Maybe the fight was worth it, maybe all of this with him getting kicked out from the house by his dad or even got his hand burned by Barry is worth it. Because he's still have Hope with him and she's willing to stay with him. This is better than he imagined, it's better than what he ever felt.

Minutes passing in between the silence until he feels Hope stirring under his touch. She starts to moves her head from his chest and falls right on his shoulder, a small grunt come out from her mouth before she peek her eye open while her hand scrubbing the other one.

"Rafe?" Her voice croaks a little, calling out for his name. She didn't know if he's already awake, but she just happened to call out for him.

Rafe automatically perks up at the call of his name "Yeah?" he answered, looking down to her a little.

Hope stops rubbing her eye and shift lightly on the bed before she looks up to him "Are you awake already?" she dumbly asks.

Rafe smiles "No, just woke up when I heard you called out my name. Wassup, baby?" he asked, lied to her about it.

He's pulling her closer again to him when he starts to feel her being distance enough. Not even bother to give out another pet name for her, he thinks it suits her more. He likes how it sounds when it comes out from his mouth for her.

Because of the sleepiness that still drowning her, Hope didn't really catch the name that Rafe just called her and she didn't even mind being so close with him when Rafe starts to pull her back towards him. She's not entirely awake and her eyes still heavy.

"What times is it now?" She mumbles, her head finding its way back on Rafe naked chest. Their legs are still tangled up together and she honestly not minding it at all.

Rafe is so warm and she loves how it feels against her body. It makes her feels comfortable, and she could stay like this forever.

"Still early enough, why?" he asked again.

"We need to get up later, the check out is on 12" she said.

"You don't have to worry about it, we're still got one day here" he announced.

That actually catch her attention, she push herself to look up to him "What?" she asked, furrowing her brows.

"What?" Rafe said "I paid for two days of stay last night" he continues.

"You did that?" she asked, because it would be nice if he actually told her about that earlier. Honestly, she didn't even think that the money is enough to pay for two days of staying in here.

"Yeah" Rafe nods, he licks his lips "Why? is something wrong with that? You don't--you don't like that?"

"No, no, I don't mind" Hope quickly said, the sleepiness she had earlier almost got rips away "It just--I don't even think the money I had is enough for us to stay more than for one day" she said.

Rafe let out a small breath, he thought that Hope is going to be piss about it and doesn't want to stay with him here anymore longer. He actually did that with a purpose, he didn't tell her for a reason. Because he wants to stay here with her and keep her with him for as long as he can.

"It's more than enough, Mia" he mutters "But I'm sorry I didn't tell you last night, I'm using your money after all. I should tell you first"

Hope quickly bring her hand to his face "Hey, that's fine, it's all right. I don't really mind, I give you the money, you can do whatever you want with it" she said, pulling out a soft smile.

"Yeah?" he beams a little.

"Yeah" Hope nods, brushing his cheek lightly causing the boy to lean into his touch "But we still need to get up and go out. We need to find you a place to stay other than here, you can't keep living in a hotel forever" she continues.

She starts to feel worry and she has no problems with staying with Rafe in a hotel for couple of days but they still need to get out from here and find a real place for him. They're gonna run out of money and neither Rafe nor her have another more for now.

Rafe hesitates a little "If I find another place to stay, other than here--will you, you know, still stay with me?" he asked.

Because he needs to know that, he needs to know if Hope is going to stay with him or left him to himself. He doesn't want her to leave, he wants her to stay with him.

"I promised that I'm going to help you, right? of course I'm going to stay with you" she states "I'm not going anyway until you found a safe place to stay"

Rafe nods his head, that actually feels convincing enough to him. That he doesn't need to worry about her leaving him, he's not letting that happened.

"But uh--will you stay with me at my new place. You know--if I found one, like live with me?" he asks again.

Hope paused a little, pushing herself away until she fully detached from him and laying on the empty spot on the bed but she's still facing him. Rafe almost frown at the lack of her body against his.

"You--you want me to live with you? Like, moving in together?" she asked.

That actually causing her feels something, because she's totally not going to move in with him. It's sounds too, well, weird and too earlier for something like that. Like they're in some sort of relationship or something when they're not.

That's not going to happen like at all. She's still young for something like that and she doubts her parents would allow that from happened and the thought of living together with Rafe already makes her heart thumping faster.

And it's not in a good way. Because she knows that's not a good idea, for them living together. She's not ready for anything like that, she's not ready for that type of commitment. Especially not with Rafe, knowing how unstable he is.

"Yeah" Rafe nods "You--you don't want to live with me?"

Watching her expression that looks surprised and hesitates actually making him to shift uncomfortably. What if Hope doesn't want to do that with him? Was he being too straightforward or it's too early for anything like that?

Because, it's not like they're in a relationship or something. Rafe swallows a little hard at the thought of being in a relationship with Hope. Is he even ready for that? for having her as his girlfriend? Would Hope wants to do that with him.

"I don't know, Rafe. I mean, I don't think my parents are going to let me do that" Hope said, it's better for her to be straightforward with him "And uh--I don't think I'm ready for anything like that. Don't you think it's a little early?"

Rafe let out a breath and he starts to feel a wave of emotions coming out from him "Why? you don't think I can take care of you or something? you scared that I'm going to do something to you?"

"It's not like that" she sighed and she starts to sit up from laying down. Tucking her legs and facing Rafe who did the same thing as her, he starts to sit up from his previous position.

"Then, why?" he asked again.

"Rafe, we're still young for that and you don't even have a job to keep both of us breathing"

"I can get a job. There's uh--there's plenty of jobs around the figure eight I can do" he said "I can even beg for my dad to let me work with him. I don't care, I'll do everything I can"

"I don't doubt that, Rafe. I know you can do that" she states "But--you know that we're uh, not in a relationship, right? We're not a couple or anything that we need to live together" she continues.

She needs to clarify that to him, so he can get the real and clear picture here. She didn't say anything yesterday than make her agreed to be in a relationship with him or something. She just promised to stay with him and not running away from him again. That's it.

Rafe sucks his inner cheeks "We need to be in a relationship just so we can live together?" he asked and he sounds a little snarky. Like he's trying so hard to not get annoyed with her.

"It's a thing that a couple usually did"

"Then, broke the tradition, fuck that" he said, his tone a little higher "We don't have to be a couple to live together. We can just--I don't know, live together. That's it"

Hope pursed her lips "It's something bigger, Rafe. I don't think I'll ever be ready for it, I don't think I want to do it. Not yet, at least" she continues "Plus, I'm only 16. I still need to live with my parents"

"I'm an adult, I can take care of you"

"You barely an adult, Rafe" Hope pointed out

"If you don't want to live with me, you can just said it" he spats, his chest heaving "You don't have to give me thousand of excuses"

Hope notices the drop of emotions from him "Don't be mad" she said "You know it's not a good thing for us to do. Not now"

He let out a soft chuckle, more like sarcastic one "I bet that you're not gonna be a bitch about it if JJ asked you for it" he spats again.

Hope scoff out loud "Excuse me?"

"What? am I wrong about it?" he pointed it out, pushing away the comforter than pooling around his waist. He starts to feel irritated "You're gonna jump right away into it if that dirty Pogue asked you for it. I know that"

She shook her head in disbelief "I really can't see why you need to bring him in every conversation we had especially when it's not went just like you want" she said calmly "It has nothing to do with him, stop bringing him out"

"So, if he asked you to move in and live with him, you're going to say no? Just like you said to me?"

"Of course I'm gonna say no!" she states "We both are still young, you think he can even afford us living together?"

She's not meant it in a disrespectful way but it's the truth. If it's not because of her father's money that he gives to her, Hope pretty sure that she can't even afford anything for herself. It's not her that rich, it's her parents' money that allow her to live the life that she has.

Just like Rafe now. He's nothing without Ward's money.

"That's not going to happen, I'm pretty sure JJ won't come out with anything crazy like that" she continues and she really hope that JJ will never have anything like this crossing his mind.

Because she's not having this conversation for round two. Not again.

"So moving in together with me is crazy?" Rafe continues his rants.

"Why are you so mad over this? Why do you need to make everything so--I don't know, as a problem?" she pointed out.

"I'm not!" He denied it "I'm simply just asking you for it"

"And I said no, you should respect that" she states "You said that you're going to work this out, and you promised that you're gonna be better. This doesn't look like you're trying to keep up with your words and promises"

She's willing to give the chances, because she thought that he actually regret everything he did. He looks so convincing last night, he looks so genuine with it. She thought he actually going to learn his lessons.

But now? seeing with acting just like his previous action not even 24 hours later making her to doubt everything. Maybe she can't be taking his promises at all, he's not actually meant everything he said.

"Okay, okay, look, I'm sorry, all right?" he said, hold up his hands as a sign of truce "If you don't want to live with me, that's fine, that's all right. I don't mind, I'm not mad" he continues when he starts to see the doubts from her.

He's not going to screw this up, not again. He's not letting her out from his sight anymore.

"I don't think you actually meant anything that you said Rafe" Hope shook her head, still doubting him.

"I am, okay? I am. I meant everything, even from yesterday. I'm gonna--I'm gonna make this right this time" he convinced her "I'm sorry for snapping at you, I shouldn't do that. But I didn't really mad at you"

"You need to actually work for it, Rafe. Or else I'm not going to stay with you anymore" she said.

"No, no, please, don't do that, okay? Don't--don't go" He quickly said, reaching out for her "I promised I'm gonna work it out, you can trust me. Just don't leave me, all right? I can have that" he continues to convince her.

Hope chews her lips, still on previous position while keeping her eyes on him. Watching him change from angry to desperate, just like he always did.

Honestly, she doesn't know why she keeps falling for that even though she knows it's a never ending circle. She knows this is going to happen, she knows this is exactly she's going to face if she's still wants to keep him around.

And it's still early, they both just woke up from a very peaceful sleep and went straight into an argument. What will happen if they actually living together? Is this going to be their routine everyday? Waking up and arguing?

That's not something that Hope wants to figure out. She's rather not to know about it.

"Look, Let's--let's go out, all right? Let's get a breakfast together, that's going to do it" Rafe suggested when Hope remains silence for more than a minute other than answering to him.

It makes him panic, he doesn't want Hope to take back her words and decides to drop him. He needs to do something to make up for this, he's willing to do everything to make her stay.

Hope gives him a look "A breakfast?" she asked, raising her brows.

"Yeah, a breakfast. Do you want to go get a breakfast with me? Just like old times" he smile, trying to bring back the old good memory.

"You mean, when you dragged me out from my bed and get mad at me for being mad at you?" she pointed that out, remembered that day very clear. It's the day when Rafe asked her to go to the midsummer with him.

Rafe starts to feel relief when a hint of tease starts to come out from her, that's means he's in a good hand now "Yeah, that one" he chuckles, he's still can remember it very well.

"Well, how are you going to pay for that? You don't have any money" she said, stating out the obvious "And since my last money went to our two days trip, I don't money either"

"We can go to the restaurants that my dad always go, I can put that on his name. That'll do it, I always do that" he shrugged "He won't mind, I don't think he'll ever notice it"

Hope shook her head but a smile already tugging up on her face. She already forget about the arguments they had and Rafe can't be more grateful for it.

"You're doing it again, you're dragging me out from my bed" she fakes her frown, giving him a look.

Rafe let out a laugh "Come on, it will be worth it. I'll make it perfect, promised" he begged "Just, go with me, please?"

She wants to keep teasing him but she thinks a breakfast would be a great idea for this morning. Plus, her stomach also begging to fill in since she haven't got any food since last night. So many things happened making her appetite gones.

And watching the desperate look from Rafe along with his constant pleadings making it hard for her to say no.

She rolls her eyes for a second "Fine, I'll go get breakfast with you" she finally agreed making the boy to smile brightly.

"Thank you, thank you" he said, reaching out his hand to pull her towards him by her arms causing Hope to yelp. She feels her body got yanking by him like she's weight of nothing.

"Rafe--" she warned but he already engulfed her with his hug, trapping her in between his strong arms and she honestly not going to complain.

"I'm gonna make it right, okay? I promised you" he said, ignoring the warned from her.

She's got pulled onto his lap with his arms holding her still. He tucks her head right under his chin, he can inhale the scent of her shampoo. It feels a little different than the usual one she had, probably because she's using the different one.

It almost smells like or should he said a little--Manly.

The thought of her probably using another man's product making him mad, especially when she was sleeping at Barry's yesterday night. She could be using his, that making Rafe to clench his jaw.

But he quickly brush it away, shook it from his thoughts. It doesn't matter, what matter is that she's with him right now, not them. Not any man, him.

"Okay, Rafe" Hope answered, nodding her head and leaning more into him. Wanting to be hold by him too, as much as he wants her to.

Rafe smiles, his breath getting steady back "Okay"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 13.1K 80
𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦...
34.1K 663 33
█ 。:* ──── in which one psycho ex causes two childhood friends-turned-enemies to rekindle something a lot more than just friendship. 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄──── t...
234K 2.1K 18
✗ DISCONTINUED ~ be careful what you search for rafe cameron x fem!oc [ obx season 1 ]
12.7K 601 7
i was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage 𓍢ִ໋ outer banks 𓍢ִ໋ jj maybank x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season one - tbd ...