Do Anjaane

נכתב על ידי Shivangi_ki_Likhayi

Vaidehi and Raghuveer...Two strangers bound through marriage A sweet arranged marriage story that ties togeth... עוד

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
UPDATE!!!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
UPDATE/QUESTION

Chapter 3

5.1K 169 0
נכתב על ידי Shivangi_ki_Likhayi

Here's the next chapter, enjoy!

The rest of the week passed as usual. However, on Friday, Vaidehi was assigned to lead a project that she was quite excited for. "Vaidehi, with the research that you did during your master's and the topic of your thesis, you would be the best candidate to lead this project. We need some fresh perspectives on this set of codes, and with your experience and age, we are trusting that you can do this. I've assigned two senior employees as well, but the rest of the team is going to consist of newer joinees. You've been welcomed fairly well here, so I don't think you'll face many issues. But just remember, focus on the project and don't let workplace politics distract you, hmm? Good, now go and relax for the weekend. We'll do the official brief on Monday and get the project rolling."

"Sounds good, sir, ma'am." Vaidehi nodded at her two superiors, who also happened to be cousins. "Thank you for putting your faith in us. And enjoy your weekend!" Vaidehi left work with an extra spring in her step, already planning a special feast for dinner. She loved to cook and experiment with all sorts of cuisines and recipes. She cooked when she was happy, sad, frustrated, angry, or pretty much felt any sort of emotion. It certainly wasn't her only hobby, but it was a stress-buster and the easiest to give time to.

As everyone, minus her husband of course, was gathered in the living room drinking chai, Vaidehi posed her question. "Toh aaj special feast banane ke soch rahi hoon, dinner ke liye. Agar requests hain, toh abhi bata dijiye." (Today I was thinking of making a special feast for dinner. So, if you have any requests, tell me now.) "Bhabhi, mujhe sambar chahiye!" (Bhabhi, I want sambar!) "Bhabhi, woh jo aap stuffed eggplant wala banate hain na, woh chahiye." (Bhabhi, you know that stuffed eggplant you make, I want that.) "Aur hume woh extra spicy tomato rice chahiye!" (And we want that extra spicy tomato rice!) Aparna and Chandrika both scolded their children for their insensitivity. "Haan haan, puch liya toh bas farmaish dijiye, hukum!" (Of course, she asked, so you tell her all your wishes!) "Pehle toh yeh puchna chahiye tha na ki aaj kuch special hain kya. Aur yeh bhi kehna tha ki hum madat karenge. Beakal ke bandaron." (You should have first asked if anything special happened today. And also offered to help. Idiots.)

Chandrika smiled at Vaidehi, "Beta, kuch khushkhabri hain kya?" (Dear, do you have any good news?) Vaidehi smiled widely, unable to control herself. "Haan! Ek project hain, jo bohot purana hain aur long-term bhi hain. I always wanted to give it a shot because it's in my area of expertise, aur ab mujhe uss project ka lead bana diya gaya. Main bohot excited hoon!" (Yes! There's a very old and long-term project. I've always wanted to give it a shot because it's my area of expertise, and now I've been promoted to lead that project. I'm really excited!) Everyone clapped and cheered for her, while the elders blessed her. Priya was looking at Vaidehi with admiration bordering on heroine-worship in her eyes.

"Bhabhi, aap kitne intelligent aur talented hain. Aur haar baat ko broadcast bhi nahi karte, unlike other people." (Bhabhi, you're so intelligent and talented. And you don't broadcast everything, unlike other people.) She glared at her three older brothers, who never left a chance to brag about their accomplishments, even in jest, while Akshu snorted, unable to control her laughter. "Mujhe bhi aapke jaise banni hain." (I want to be like you, too.) "Thank you, Priya. Par nahi, tum apne jaise bano. You are extremely talented in your own right, just make sure to choose the career path that you love, and work to your strengths. Haan, agar koi bhi madat chahiye, toh main humesha hoon hi." (Thank you, Priya. But no, be yourself. You are extremely talented in your own right, just make sure to choose the career path that you love, and work to your strengths. But if you need any help, then always here for you.) Priya nodded gratefully.

Akshu pursed her lips in thought. "Bhabhi, main bhi apni agle steps ke baare mein soch rahi hoon. Kya dinner ke baad aap mujhe batayenge uss program ke baare mein, jo apne kiye?" (Bhabhi, I've been thinking about my next steps, too. After dinner will you tell me more about the program that you did?) "Of course, kyu nahi." (Of course, why not.) Vaidehi was accepted into an accelerated BS/MS program in the United States, where she completed both her bachelor's and master's in four years. She majored in mathematics with a concentration in cryptology, and a minor in computer science, at Carnegie Mellon University, a college well known for their mathematics and computer science programs.

Due to personal reasons, she had received permission to complete her fourth year of study online, especially since the majority of it was one-on-one work related to her thesis. Her Nani had passed away, which took a toll on her mother. She needed to return home to handle most of the funeral arrangements with her brother, and later, help manage some of her mother and father's work until they could cope. Immediately after graduating, she was hired for a lucrative position in a government agency, in the cryptology department, and also taught a course as a guest lecturer in an associated college in the city. It was quite a list of accomplishments, especially as she was only 23 years old. Well, she would be in a month.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.7M 90.1K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
4.7M 217K 78
Are you looking for a cute romantic full of LOVE and a little bit of drama in a Arrange marriage? Here is your stop... Come with me to know how they...
550K 27.2K 52
ᴅᴀᴀsᴛᴀᴀɴ-ᴇ-ᴍᴏʜᴀʙʙᴀᴛ⇏𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎♡ ♕𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒♕ A collection of romantic stories with a little bi...
994K 71.8K 72
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 2-𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 She became his life the moment he saw her, VIE meaning LIFE in french. What happens when she dis...