Rudrika: Against All Odds

By Rahasya2612

Suharika's declaration caught Rudransh off guard. How could she agree to marry him without even having a prop... More

Avtaran Diwas
Copyright Letter and Not So Typical Disclaimer
Prologue
Kahani Ke Paatra
Dedications
Parichay
Kashi
2. Jadoo
3. Nihaaring
4. Do Anjaane Ajnabi
5. Roka
6. Laal Chunariya mein Annpoorna
Kavitayein
7. Hamla
8. CFO Babu
9. Zaroorat
10. Chamatkar Diwas
11. Vows and Propose
12. Lamhe: Glimpses of Innocence
13. Family Time
14. Hasya Aur Pyaar Bhare Lamhe
15. Sach Ke Pankh

1.Unka Zikr

386 31 118
By Rahasya2612

Chapter 1 - Unka Zikr

Author's POV:

Location: Amar Jiwan Jyoti Hospital

(Ab Amar Vidrohi Hospital thode hi na likh sakte hain.. MSians samaj gaye 😉)

The story begins with a girl in her mid-20s running through hospital passageways. Her eyes are red and she is trying to control her tears, threatening to fall any moment.

Her outfit

She barges into a chamber. An elderly lady in her 70s is lying on the hospital bed with an IV drip in one hand and some files in the other.

Elder Lady: Suharika, my child, you came?

Suharika: No, I am still on my way.(Her voice breaks at the end) Why you are doing this, huh? Why Dadi?

Dadi: What? What am I doing?

Suharika: Nice try, but you can't distract me this time, and dare you blackmail me this time to take a day off.

Dadi: Beta, I've told you many times, that I don't even have a blackmail account, how can I blackmail you? I agree I have an e-mail account but no...

Suharika cuts in between...

Suharika (Sternly): Dadi! eat your medicines now!

Dadi whines like a child but then eats her medicine.

Suharika: Good...

Dadi (Mrmuring): Poti hai ya Hitler ka punarjanm?

Translation: Is she my granddaughter or Hitler's rebirth?

Suharika: Maine sun liya...

Translation: I heard you...

Dadi: Ha to maine bhi sunane ke liye hi bola tha...

Translation: So what? I also said to tell you...

Suharika: Now please tell me your important work.

She air-quoted the words " important work".

In a flash Dadi became serious.

Dadi: Beta, as you know, I am getting old and will leave you...

Suharika cuts in between and holds Dadi's hand as if Dadi will vanish into thin air.

Suharika (In a teary voice): Never say that again you will leave me.

Dadi: Beta, as much as I hate to admit, this is the truth. I know I am the only one you have as your family, and that's why after I go away I want you to have some people to call your family...🥹

Suharika listened attentively and then asked.

Suharika: What are you trying to imply dadi?

Dadi: Beta, I want you to get married. I made a promise to your parents, that I will never leave you alone in this world. But, my time to leave the world is near, I can feel that. So I want to live my promise even after I leave this mortal world.

For a good 5 minutes, there was complete quietness.

Suharika: I am ready...

Dadi was amazed with delight.

Dadi: Really? (And jumped out of happiness)

Suharika: Tell me what else is on your mind before I change my Decision.

Dadi: I have already chosen someone for you. He is the grandson of my best friend, Vaidehi Rathore.

Suharika: Oh... I see. His name is...Rudra..ksh...If I remember correctly?

Dadi: No silly, his name is Rudransh.

Suharika: Sorry... My bad... But in the end both the names mean Mahadev.. so why the pain darling?😉

Dadi: Yeah.. I know... you need not teach me... Also... Your name means Parvati. So you see why I've chosen him...(Dadi winked back)

Suharika's cheeks get a pale red colour, but she hides it before Dadi can see it or else she would have teased Suharika.

Suharika: I totally get it Sanyukta Devi Ji.(Dramatically joins her hands and bows her head)

Then both of them burst out laughing, After 3 minutes.

Dadi: So, when you can meet them? Like, when are you free?

Suharika: Dadi, you know na, if it's for family then I am never occupied.

Dadi: So, what about tomorrow morning?😄

Suharika: From when you were planning all this, huh?

Saying this she raised her eyebrow, took a glass of water, and started sipping water)

Dadi: Truth to be told, from 1 and a half years.

On hearing this, Suharika choked on the water and started coughing badly, so the nurse nearby patted her back.

Suharika (With widened eyes): Literally?

Dadi: Yeah...(Saying casually as if that is nothing much)

Suharika shook her head in disappointment. Then Suharika and Dadi went back home.

Location: Roy Mansion

After reaching home, Dadi gave Suharika a bag.

Suharika: Can I know what is inside it?

And being not so fortunate, she was unsuccessful in hiding her curiosity. Dadi chuckled at Suharika's antics.

Dadi: Inside the bag are your mother's dress and jewellery. She wore it when we went to your maternal family's home to ask her hand in marriage for your father. She looked like a princess. (Tears formed in her eyes) Your mother used to wish that one day you would wear her dress. Is there any better day than tomorrow to wear this?

Suharika: No, there can't be.

Saying this Suharika embraced Dadi and after some time both of them left for their respective rooms for a good night's sleep.

Location: Rathore Haveli

In Rathore Haveli, there is a lot of commotion. It is 7:30 p.m. and the male members of the family are setting the dining table and the female members are placing the foodstuffs on the table. Only two members are not present there. The head of the family Raghav Rathore and the eldest kid of the youngest generation Rudransh Rathore.

After 20 minutes, all the family members started coming and taking their seats. Now it was 7:55 p.m. and they knew their pride would be arriving any instant.

As anticipated, through the entrance of the Haveli a man in a wheelchair came inside and greeted everyone.

No suspense...(Only this time).

Rudransh: Jai Shri Ram!

The younger ones: Jai Shri Ram Bhai.

The elders: Jai Shri Ram Beta.

The house helps: Jai Shri Ram Hukum.

Rudransh nodded and went to the place where space for his wheelchair was left on the dining table.

He washed his hands there in some vessel. After that, the family started with their dinner. Rudransh was very satisfied as all the food made today was his favourite.

Suddenly, Rudransh's Dadi, Vaidehi Rathore spoke.

Vaidehi: Rudransh beta, are you free tomorrow?

Rudransh: I have a meeting in the morning, and after that, I am free, by the way, why do you ask?

Vaidehi(Smiling as if she got Kohinoor): I am asking because tomorrow we are going to meet a girl for your marriage. Of course, we will only proceed any further if you both approve after tomorrow's arrangement.

Rudransh: Dadi, don't you know I don't want to get married? Also, what will you gain after my marriage?

Mrinal(Suddenly): Great Grandchild!

Everyone laughed while Rudransh's cheeks got a faint red.

(Why are you all so shocked haven't I told you before that our Male lead is a super cute and shy banda)

Vaidehi: Jokes apart, I want to get you married because I want you to have someone you can count on. We all know you also have bad days but you never share them with us, we all want you to be open with someone and we know that someone can only be your life partner...

Dadi was about to say more but Rudransh cuts in between.

Rudransh: I am happy dadi..

Sunaina and Naina interrupted this time...

S & N(Together, whining like a kid): But we are not, we want a bahu...

Rudransh wanted to say something but the younger ones beat him to it...

Rudranshi, Mrinal & Mrinal: We want a bhabhi too...

And then this was further continued by Abhiraj and Adhiraj...

Ab & Ad: We also need a bahu who will let us eat sweets...

As soon as they concluded, Raghav(Dadu) said in a deep voice...

Dadu: Rudransh, why you don't want to get married?

Rudransh: Why do you want me to get married?

Dadu: Beta, the main reasons are what your grandma has stated already. But, there are some practical reasons as well. Only after your marriage, the younger kids can get married. Beta, think about Rudranshi and Arya, they love each other, yet they can't be together. She can't get married to the love of her life, because she is younger than you.

Rudransh: Only 16 minutes, which doesn't matter.

Rudranshi: No Bhai, it matters, also, we know you are afraid that the girl might be a gold digger, but let me tell you, our Dadi and her Dadi are best friends. Do you think Dadi will come up with any person who is unfit for you?

Mrinal: Bhai, you may still think that she will be ready to marry you because of our wealth, even after knowing your condition. But bhai she doesn't even know about that.

Mrinali: So, tomorrow we will get her honest reaction when she sees you for the first time, got it?

Their oldest helper Raj Kaka said.

Raj: Hukum, you should meet her as the last decision is going to be yours... You will meet her...right?

Rudransh nods.

Rudransh: Message me the address and name of the girl. I will reach there by 1'O clock, so you all plan accordingly.

Conveying this he went to his room, as he knew his family is now going to celebrate like "Junglees".

Location: Roy Mansion

The next morning, when Suharika woke up, she saw that all the helpers were panicking and frantically moving here and there to complete the tasks given to them by Dadi.

Also, Dadi was overexerting herself in the process. Suharika came near Dadi and calmed her. Also, she told the workers to work carefully and calmly.

Dadi: Agar aaj sab sahi rahi to main aaj hi roka kardungi tera..

Translation: If everything goes well today, I will get done with your Roka ceremony today only.

Suharika: Ha ha meri ma kar dena.. Abhi shanti se baitho aur juice piyo.Apki health sabse pehle aati hai.

Translation: Yes yes my mother please do it.. now sit peacefully and drink juice. Your health comes first.

Dadi: Ji beta ji.

Translation: OK my child.

So that is how morning began in Roy's mansion. After that Dadi and Suharika went to their respective rooms. By 10 a.m. they were ready and the preparations were also done perfectly.

Promo: Suharika gir gayi🥺🥺...Are...Pyaar mein🥹😉...

Translation: Suharika fell🥺🥺...hey...in love🥹😉...

Hey My Squad... How are you all doing? Hope you all are well.

By the way, how was the chapter?

And what do you think is gonna happen next? To know the answer stay tuned for the new chapter.

All rights of this story solely belong to me, i.e. Rahasya2612, aka Your Author Rahasya.

The pictures used belong to their rightful owners.

Started writing on Sep,2,2023.

Finished writing on Sep,21,2023.

1704 words written.

~Rahasya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760K 68.9K 82
A story of a doctor and an army officer ........the life of an army officer is not easy ....they stay away from family .....for them country is more...
35.8K 1.1K 32
What if a 20 year old girl Reincarnated into Jennette Margarita? Find out! !!Warning!! Crossover Enjoy<3
6.4K 325 27
This story revolves around Kabir and Amaira. They tied the knot for their families. In this story you will read what will happen after their marriage...
430K 44.4K 53
When Nandini met Manik for the first time, she never wanted him to be 'the one'; or actually, that thought didn't even cross her mind. And for Manik...