I'm Just A Chuunibyou: Why ar...

By Aiyuun

Yukiya Saito, is a 16 year old Chuunibyou who's starting his new journey in life called "High School". He ha... More

Chapter 0: If there are multiple destinies, who will you choose?
Chapter 1: A new Beginning
Chapter 2: Hokkyokusei High School
Chapter 3: More than three months passed
Chapter 4: Not a "shadow hero"?
Chapter 5: Haircut
Chapter 6: Training partners
Chapter 7: Unwanted attention
Chapter 8: Even if he's scared?
Chapter 9: [Operation: Blending in with the crowds.]
Chapter 10: Just your perfectly normal student.
Chapter 11: It's just the student council president.
Chapter 12: She's just part of the good guys.
Chapter 13: I caught you.
Chapter 14: A shadow hero who doesn't sweat.
Chapter 15: Surprise test.
Chapter 15.5: Did you have a fun day?
Chapter 16: She's just a "shoujo heroine"
Chapter 17: I'm just an "assassin"
Chapter 18: It's just a "kabedon" from a deliquent?
Chapter 20: We're not so different?
Chapter 21: Just exchanging notes.
Chapter 22: It's just the "lucky pervert" scene.
Chapter 23: A side character's plan on becoming popular.
Chapter 24: It's just a sinister plan to crush the chuunibyou.
Chapter 25: Dominating the match.
Chapter 26: Turning the tides.
Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"
Chapter 28: Just a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 29: "I'll never trust you again?"
Chapter 30: A pessimistic shoujo heroine and a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 31: Just seemed cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 32: He really is just acting cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 33: The end of Mocha's first day upon transferring.
Chapter 34: Just picking up being the "perfect" side character.
Chapter 35: A letter of challenge, a declaration to change.
Chapter 36: "Just watch me"
Chapter 37: Eating inside the classroom this time around.
Chapter 37.2: Adoption
Chapter 38: A shadow hero should be protected too?
Chapter 39: "Background Character Mode"
Chapter 40: A silent hero's tragedy.
Chapter 41: A shadow hero's sacrifice.
Chapter 42: The "revelation scene"
Chapter 43: "Do you seek power?"
Chapter 44: Just a mysterious character entrance.
Chapter 45: A sudden duel.
Chapter 46: A wall that must be conquered, a battle for supremacy.
Chapter 47: A dance of "chaotic harmony".
Chapter 47.2: Skill: [Pefect Body Coordination]
Chapter 48: Pure Talent vs Absolute Effort
Chapter 49: One with the mist and gone. A mysterious character exit.
Chapter 50: A storm is approaching. (Vol.1 [End])
Volume 1 Afterwords

Chapter 19: A generic student character.

128 8 3
By Aiyuun

[Chapter 19: A generic student character.]

We went back inside, sat down, and pretended like nothing even happened.

The teacher arrived and class started.

Behaved on my seat, I silently announced to myself,

'Time to put to the test Operation: Generic Student Character.'

As class is proceeding, Mocha-san kept sneaking glances towards my direction.

Earlier, she decided to evaluate me if I was a potential capture target to her own make-believe shoujo setting.

Her assumption was that I was a delinquent type of character.

'Is he really a delinquent?'

She questions herself, as she secretly sneaks glances at me, as I listlessly stared blankly outside the window.

'Why isn't he paying attention to class? Doesn't he need to focus on the lesson? ...His side profile looks handsome too.'

Secretly glancing at me, she thought of how good looking my side profile was that she didn't even notice she was already stuck staring at me, forgetting to pay attention to class.

"Ahem, Mocha Tsukiyo. Eyes on the front." The teacher called out Mocha-san for not paying attention.

"Ha-. Ah, y-yes!"

She stutteringly answered in surprise, with face turned red from embarrassment.

The class had a small chuckle for a brief moment then continued on with the lesson.

'H, how embarrassing...'

One of them was me.

"Pfft"

A small chuckle coming from my direction reached Mocha-san's ears.

When she looked towards my direction, I immediately shifted my position to listlessly looking outside the window.

Hey, I'm still human too and still can find this kind of situation funny.

Even back then, I always hold my laughter in moments like this. I held it back before because I wanted to be the silent and mysterious character of the class.

I wasn't aware about it, but my classmates found it creepy when I laughed, with my laughter being filtered by my mask, producing creepy sounds.

'Why you...'

She looked at me with annoyance,

'I wonder why the teacher didn't call him out too? He's obviously not paying attention as well... Does this mean, him not paying attention to the class is a common occurrence, that they don't bother correcting him anymore?' [Yesn't]

By not focusing on the lesson, Mocha-san's suspicion of me being a delinquent grew all the more true in her eyes.

Actually, it was because the teachers are already used for my past self not participating in class. That's why yesterday they were so surprised that I actually know the answers to their questions. [Reminder: He's usually spaced out during class, lost in his own delusions.]

After answering them all, the teacher no longer questioned if I was actually listening.

...

Two hours later.

It has been 2 hours, and I'm still maintaining this same, looking listlessly outside the window pose. My neck is starting to hurt, and the arm my head is resting on is starting to go numb.

Why am I doing this to myself in the first place you may ask?

I have already told you the reason.

Last night, I thought of ways on how to improve my acting as a normal student, all because of how Student Council President Shiori-senpai was able to see through my facade.

While surfing through the internet, I just happened to come across an article named generic main characters in a high school setting on google.

"This is exactly what I want!" I thought. And there, I referenced how I should act today as a generic student character.

I already achieved one of them which is being seated next to a window.

Looking at the images the site provided, they always seemed to show the generic student characters staring off to space, listlessly looking outside the window, so I'm trying to imitate just that.

The third teacher for the morning classes walked in. He wasn't one of the teachers yesterday so... When he looked towards the back.

"Are you the new transfer student?" the teacher asked while looking directly at me.

"Ah, y, yes. M-my name is Mocha Tsukiyo, Sir." Mocha-san replied to the question.

'He was asking me, right? As far as I know, I'm the only transfer in this class ...but why does he seem like he's looking at Yukiya-kun?'

Just as Mocha-san was thinking. The question seemed to be directly asked towards me.

"There's two...?"

The teacher was then confused, seeing two unfamiliar faces participating in his class. Until someone clarified,

"Sir, that's Saito-kun"

"Saito...? Wait, Yukiya-kun...!?

He was surprised by hearing the truth about who I am, just like the ones yesterday.

"I see, you are Yukiya Saito-kun, huh..."

The teacher took some time to process the news before accepting the fact that I really am Yukiya Saito, that same student he had been teaching for these past four months of school.

"So Mocha Tsukiy-san, your the new transfer student, right? I hope you enjoy it here."

"Y, Yes! I, I'll do my best...!"

"Good to hear."

Now that everything was cleared up, class continued. I also continued my listlessly looking outside the window pose.

The next teacher arrived. She is also one of the teachers who met me yesterday, and also the last teacher teaching for this morning.

It has been more than three hours since I decided to stare off blankly into space, listlessly looking outside the window.

It might look pointless, but I'm doing this with a purpose.

"Can anyone tell me the major events that happened in the Kamakura period?"

No one replied so the teacher looked for someone to answer.

"Yukiya Saito. Do you know the answer?"

I was chosen. [Too eye catching]

"Um, yes. Uhm... On 1185 the rival Taira clan is defeated at sea at the Battle of Dan-no-ura by Yoritomo's brother Minamoto no Yoshitsune. 1192 The Emperor Go-Toba appoints Yoritomo as shōgun (military leader) with a residence in Kamakura, establishing the bakufu system of government. 1199: Minamoto no Yoritomo dies."

A/N: I just randomly got this from google.

"E-Excellent, you can take your seat now."

"How did he?! ...We still haven't gotten to that part of the lesson yet!"

Not knowing my answer was more than needed, I sat down confidently and continued on listlessly looking outside the window.

'Could he actually be a really smart delinquent...?'

Mocha-san assumes. Meanwhile on my mind,

'Nailed it. This is my shadow hero characteristic, combining with the generic student character.'

I call this the "He doesn't look like he's paying attention, but secretly knows the answer!" a.k.a. "The hidden smart character." Kukuku...

[Hidden strong character > Hidden smart character.]

This was my goal all this time. What makes the shadow heroes great is their unpredictability.

By acting like I'm not paying any attention, but actually is. I faked being clueless but actually knows everything, just like a shadow hero does.

Classes ended for the morning, ending with Mocha-san more confused by my character.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 56 16
You get sent to another universe and don't remember anything, except your age, some sort of riddle that you don't even remember all of, and the where...
3.1K 150 19
Kaedehara Kazuha has been living with his adoptive parents since he was 15, after an unfortunate accident. After 4 years, he finally returns to Inazu...
312 1 26
Haruto a seemingly normal average 16 years old high schooler was suddenly transported into another world. With no way of knowing how or why he was s...