I'm Just A Chuunibyou: Why ar...

By Aiyuun

Yukiya Saito, is a 16 year old Chuunibyou who's starting his new journey in life called "High School". He ha... More

Chapter 0: If there are multiple destinies, who will you choose?
Chapter 1: A new Beginning
Chapter 2: Hokkyokusei High School
Chapter 3: More than three months passed
Chapter 4: Not a "shadow hero"?
Chapter 5: Haircut
Chapter 6: Training partners
Chapter 7: Unwanted attention
Chapter 8: Even if he's scared?
Chapter 9: [Operation: Blending in with the crowds.]
Chapter 10: Just your perfectly normal student.
Chapter 11: It's just the student council president.
Chapter 12: She's just part of the good guys.
Chapter 13: I caught you.
Chapter 14: A shadow hero who doesn't sweat.
Chapter 15: Surprise test.
Chapter 15.5: Did you have a fun day?
Chapter 16: She's just a "shoujo heroine"
Chapter 17: I'm just an "assassin"
Chapter 19: A generic student character.
Chapter 20: We're not so different?
Chapter 21: Just exchanging notes.
Chapter 22: It's just the "lucky pervert" scene.
Chapter 23: A side character's plan on becoming popular.
Chapter 24: It's just a sinister plan to crush the chuunibyou.
Chapter 25: Dominating the match.
Chapter 26: Turning the tides.
Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"
Chapter 28: Just a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 29: "I'll never trust you again?"
Chapter 30: A pessimistic shoujo heroine and a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 31: Just seemed cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 32: He really is just acting cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 33: The end of Mocha's first day upon transferring.
Chapter 34: Just picking up being the "perfect" side character.
Chapter 35: A letter of challenge, a declaration to change.
Chapter 36: "Just watch me"
Chapter 37: Eating inside the classroom this time around.
Chapter 37.2: Adoption
Chapter 38: A shadow hero should be protected too?
Chapter 39: "Background Character Mode"
Chapter 40: A silent hero's tragedy.
Chapter 41: A shadow hero's sacrifice.
Chapter 42: The "revelation scene"
Chapter 43: "Do you seek power?"
Chapter 44: Just a mysterious character entrance.
Chapter 45: A sudden duel.
Chapter 46: A wall that must be conquered, a battle for supremacy.
Chapter 47: A dance of "chaotic harmony".
Chapter 47.2: Skill: [Pefect Body Coordination]
Chapter 48: Pure Talent vs Absolute Effort
Chapter 49: One with the mist and gone. A mysterious character exit.
Chapter 50: A storm is approaching. (Vol.1 [End])
Volume 1 Afterwords

Chapter 18: It's just a "kabedon" from a deliquent?

180 9 10
By Aiyuun

[Chapter 18: It's just a "kabedon" from a delinquent?]

'Phew. Thankfully no one scolded me for being a little late.'

[Mocha Tsukiyo, the shoujo fanatic has officially entered Hokkyokusei High School. Is now currently being escorted by he homeroom teacher to her assigned classroom.]

'Luckily I wasn't marked late, especially on my first day upon transferring. '

The reason she wasn't considered late was because the teacher told her to visit the faculty first thing after arriving, so she could be introduce to her class.

'I told them I lost my way on finding the faculty, so it took a while. Thankfully they believed me...'

While being escorted by her homeroom teacher, she looked around, familiarizing the place, and at the same time, hoping to find a certain someone.

'Hmm, I wonder what happened to that guy... Did he make it on time for class?'

When they reached the classroom, now standing in front of the door. Just before they entered, Mocha closed her fist tightly, with full determination.

'Alright, here I go. The moment I set foot in this classroom, it will be a fresh start. This time for sure, I will make lots of friends as the lovable shoujo heroine.'

...

Meanwhile Yukiya Saito's point of view

*Bell rings*

The bell for first period rang.

"Haaa... I barely Made it!"

I made it just in the nick of time, exactly seconds before the bell and is now sitting on my desk.

'Now, I'm safe from standing out from being late. Kukuku...'

I thought to myself, as leaves and branches were visibly entangled between my hair and uniform that everyone can clearly notice.

'Hmm... I wonder what happened to that girl. Now that I think about it, she wears our school uniform.' I put my hands together in prayers, 'Let's just hope we never get to see each other while at school.'

After I was done collecting my thoughts about what happened earlier, I decided to put it aside for now until I have a plan to deal with it later.

I brushed off the leaves on my body that a classmate took notice.

"Saito. What happened to you?"

A classmate asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Nothing."

'They totally still think I'm just a normal student. Kukuku' [He is a normal(?) student.]

I concluded to myself, judging by how they kept approaching me first thing after arriving.

"What were you doing."

Another classmate asked.

"I was-"

Just before people started crowding my spot, trying to start a topic, our homeroom teacher "Shirogane-sensei" entered the classroom.

She walked in front of the board and made an announcement.

"Okay class, sit down. Today, we'll be receiving a new transfer student"

Shirogane-sensei announced.

Oh yeah... forgot about that...

Everybody thought, seeming forgotten until they got reminded just now.

'Why did we forget again? I remembered us being excited the first time hearing about it in the group chat...'

[Note: Our Chuunibyou isn't included in the group chat.]

'Yeah, why's that...?'

Everyone's eyes looked toawards my direction.

Oh, yeah... "That's" why...

[The chat about having a transfer got buried with talks about the Chuuni.]

"I hope its a girl" wishes by the [Boys] side.

"I hope it's a hot dude" wishes by the [Girls] side.

Everyone was eager to see the new transfer student and shifted their curiosity from me to the transferee.

'I wish it was a chuunibyou.' hoped by [Yukiya Saito].

I don't particularly care who it is because I know my preference will likely not be met. But it's not bad to dream.

"Mocha-san, you can come in now."

As the teacher called for the name of the transfer, a girl with corral pick hair, and a big bow ribbon tied at the back of her head entered inside our classroom.

'Oh, no...' Is what I thought when I saw the face of the transfer student who walked in.

"Hi, my name is Mocha Tsukiyo. N, nice to meet you."

'Did I do it right? Please don't ask many questions. I'll die...' [Extremely Anxious]

'No, I mean, go ahead. Ask questions. I'm ready!'

She looked around trying to familiarize everyone's faces. Right then, we accidentally locked eyes.

"I-IT's YOU!" she jumpingly said aloud from surprise.

"Eh~"

I reacted and said "Eh~" in a flat tone, playing dumb while maintaining a stoic face. But in the back of my mind.

'Crap! Please don't say anything about what happened this morning!'

She opened her bag and took out the hooded mantle.

"I picked this up earlier ...is this yours?"

"I... I don't know what your talking about..." I told her with my stoic act starting to shake.

'...That hood ...That edgy looking design ...That's definitely Saito's. ' is what everyone in the class thought as Mocha-san presented the piece of cloth in front of everyone in the class.

"R-Really...?"

Her face turned red, thinking it was embarrassing to just assume it was mine.

'So I was just assuming things. How embarrassing...'

"Okay class. If you have any questions about Mocha-san, go ahead. Isn't that right Mocha-san?"

"Ah-. Y-yes, g-go ahead. I'm ready." [Extremely Nervous]

Even though her words are starting to break from anxiousness, she still didn't back down from her desire to change and befriend everyone.

"Mocha-san. Why did you transfer to our school?"

"I, it was b-, because of my fathers looked for a place to settle our bakery. W, we came here because there was a good spot. T, this school j-just ao h-happened to be the closest. S, so I ended up ch-ch-choosing this school " [Started talking like a robot.]

Mocha-san words was really stiff, stuttering out of nervousness, but still managing to pull through.

"Where do you live?"

"In, near the shopping district"

"What's your favorite food?"

"B-Bread."

Everyone asking trivial things about Mocha-san, luckily no one asked anything more about the hood she presented earlier.

...

After a brief introduction and a little Q and A about Mocha-san was over, It is now time to decide where she will be seated.

"Mocha-san, you can go on ahead and take a seat on any of those vacant desk at the back"

"O, okay. Thank you."

Most of the seats in the back are vacant excluding the one I'm currently sitting on. No one wanted to be seated to me before so they avoided taking it.

Mocha-san walked to the back to decide which desk she would pick. Making her choice, she quietly sat down on the desk beside me while blushing.

'I even got to sit on the desk beside him. How lucky.' she thought to herself as she made her bold choice.

"Okay class, I'll be leaving now. Behave until your subject teacher arrives."

After the Shirogane-sensei left, I wanted to say something to Mocha-san.

I leaned towards her, quietly calling her out. And said,

"Mocha-san, right? Can you come with me outside for a minute?" I told her with a friendly tone.

"S, sure." [Was happy he talked to her.]

'What could be the thing he wants to talk about? Is he going to confess and say it was love at first sight? It can't be, right...!?'

After stepping outside.

"You"

I said with an intimidating deep voice, as I pinned her against the wall.

"Ye-yes?!" she reacted surprised with a puzzled look.

"Don't ever try talking about what happened this morning."

I learned this technique when watching my boy Gaias, putting intimidation and fear to his enemies by pushing them against the wall.

This is a "warning", an attempt to shut the other party up.

'I, isn't this a "K-Kabedon!?"

[Note: kabedon = wall slam.]

Mocha-san's face turned red from being pushed against the wall by a handsome guy.

'I can't believe a handsome guy is suddenly pushing me against the wall this early after transferring. This is so shoujo manga like!'

I was then confused by her reaction.

'She wasn't intimidated? In fact, it almost looked like she was enjoying it...!' I thought to myself seeing her react.

Before I decided to turn myself into the perfect side character, just by looking, people are already backing away. But this isn't the reaction that I wanted.

'Have I gotten weaker...?' I thought, losing confidence in myself.

Have I gotten weaker or was it just the Phantom attire not being present?

[Mocha's Point of view: 'A handsome guy just performed a Kabedon on her.']

I could not help but looked worried that intimidation didn't work, and my secret identity could end up being exposed.

'Somehow, he looks worried. I wonder why...?'

[Worried about his said secret identity being exposed.]

Mocha took notice that I looked troubled, thinking back to the reason why and tried to hypothesize.

'He said something along the lines to not talk about this morning... Is he referring to our fated encounter? No, wait. That couldn't be it since he doesn't look angry at that time.' [It was the hood]

'Ah! Is he talking about coming out of someone's fence? Trespassing!?' [No, it's the hood.]

'Wait, did I end up associating myself with a delinquent?' [...]

'Now that I think about it. A normal person doesn't usually perform a "kabedon" out of nowhere.' [...she's got a point.]

Don't tell me, I'm already getting picked on by a delinquent on my first day...?!

Mocha-san panicked.

'Wait, he could still be a nice person. Delinquent male leads are also popular in shoujo manga.'

Her panic calmed down all of sudden and made her own assumptions.

'Yeah, let's stay positive Mocha Tsukiyo. This could be like the female lead changing the heart of the trouble making delinquent progression.'

She quietly nodded while processing her thoughts. I just stared at her feeling lost on what she could be thinking.

She kept changing her expression every second so I couldn't tell.

Seeing that the wall slam didn't have any significant effect, I briefly backed away.

"Um, so what's your response? Please don't tell anyone and keep what happened this morning a secret"

Realizing that intimidation doesn't work. I then tried to resort to begging out of desperation.

"S, sure... ?" She agreed, looking more puzzled.

'Now he's suddenly being polite? I don't get it...'

"Also, can you give me the hood you're holding. I lied earlier, it was mine." I asked for the hood looking slightly embarrassed.

'A shadow hero saying please. How embarrassing. But hiding my identity takes priority.'

'It will be assuring if she no longer possesses the evidence.'

"Yeah, sure..."

She gave me back the hood, assuming,

'Was he just embarrassed to claim the hood earlier so he denied it? That's... kind of cute?' She assumed while looking at my embarrassed face.

'Hm, I see... However, I still need to stay on guard just to make sure.'

"Okay then. That settles everything. Let's head back." I told her.

I invited her to come back inside the class cause the teacher will be arriving soon.

"O, okay"

After finishing our confrontation. We went back inside agreeing to pretend like nothing had happened between us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 56 16
You get sent to another universe and don't remember anything, except your age, some sort of riddle that you don't even remember all of, and the where...
3.1K 182 19
A story about a chuunibyou who's just trying to bullshit his way through life. Due to various misunderstandings here and there, he accidentally ended...
22.7K 325 23
Hello !! This is my first story, I apologize, it's not perfect, but I hope you enjoy. You, the reader, is a transfer student attending U.A. Universit...
123K 5.6K 20
Rank #19 in sliceoflife=January 30 2019 Rank #75 in slice of life= January 24 2019 Rank #25 in Shoujo= August 7 2019 This is the Sequel of I'm the Vi...