Mated to my Rival Beta

By prefeze

The second book of the Rival series. Blaze Cameron, the beta of the Ascota pack and Ryder Ascota's best frie... More

Authors Note
Character list
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 19

7.6K 241 142
By prefeze

We've got our first ever fan art!!! Holy shit! Thank you so much to one of my lovely readers (MomiChera) for creating this beautiful piece of the iconic wall scene! <333

Blaze was quick to bolt out of the cinema's diner. Still able to feel his mate's gaze on him even once he left the small building. He'd never been hit on before like that, unless you count Max from Kai's birthday party. Was he actually being hit on by the worker just before? Or was he simply just being friendly?

Guessing from Kai's displeased glare, he gathered the answer would be yes. He was flirting.

It's not like he flirted back, though. Did he? Honestly, the whole interaction is a blur in his mind, due to a mix of nerves and embarrassment.

He made it back to the car in recorded time, probably due to his speed walking. Something he tends to unconsciously do when he begins to overthink. His eyes took in their setup, trying to decide where he should sit. The three of them are going to have to share the mattress together laid out in the back of the car, unless he decided to join Ryder and Elias. Fortunately for him, he had no interest in interrupting whatever they will get up to tonight. Instead, Blaze opted to take a seat on the right side of the mattress, pulling one of the two blankets over himself and getting somewhat comfortable.

The ads were already playing on the big screen, giving him something to concentrate on when Kai and Silas returned. Silas with a smirk pointed in his direction, and Kai wearing a frown. Silas plonked himself down on the left side of the mattress, getting himself snug by wrapping the second blanket around him and pillow resting behind himself. "That worker was cute, wasn't he, Blaze?" Silas asked teasingly.

"Shut up Silas," Kai growled lowly, before climbing into the boot and half lying/half sitting between the both of them.

Silas laughed. "What has gotten your panties in a twist? I was just asking a friendly question." Silas threw up his hands in defence. "At least can I ask if you're going to take him up on his offer?" Blaze didn't know if Silas was asking Kai for permission to ask or directing the question towards him. Probably both.

"We aren't waiting around here after the movie ends," Kai snaps.

Silas rolled his eyes. "Well, obviously not us. I'm sure whatever his name is would be happy to take Blaze back to the cabin later."

"No."

"I didn't realise your name was Blaze?" Silas raised an eyebrow at his best friend. Blaze noticed the moment Kai's jaw clenched and his nostrils flaring in annoyance.

"Have you not heard of stranger danger?" Kai responds after some time, which effectively gets Silas to drop it since instead he decides to stuff his face with popcorn as the movie's introduction begins and the lights surrounding them dim.

Blaze couldn't draw his eyes away from Kai, despite the movie playing in the background. "I wasn't going to meet him afterwards," Blaze whispered, wanting him to know. Kai didn't respond or look away from the movie screen. Blaze would've thought he hadn't heard the words, if it wasn't for the fact that his grip on his popcorn released a little afterward.

Knowing he wouldn't get much more of a response than that, Blaze turned his attention toward the movie. Whenever he felt as if a jump scare was coming up, he would try to distract himself by eating the popcorn or sipping on his drinks. Although, it hardly worked.

Another jump scare occurred, causing Blaze's body to jolt as a few screams sounded from the cars surrounding them. Movement beside him caught his attention instantly as Kai moved his body closer to his before lifting up the blanket on top of Blaze's body, and pulling it over his body as well.

Blaze turned to watch him, but Kai's eyes were still on the screen as if nothing had changed. As if he hadn't pushed the side of his body against Blaze's. Swallowing, Blaze returned his attention to the movie. It was hard to concentrate on the storyline when he was hyper aware of his mate's body beside his. It got even harder when he felt a hand rest on his upper thigh.

He didn't dare look in Kai's direction, instead he kept it on the movie screen. He wished he had looked away when another jump scare appeared on the screen, causing him to grab hold of Kai's hand resting on his thigh. A soft chuckle leaves Kai's lips as the pad of his thumb rubs circles on Blaze's skin soothingly. Blaze didn't know if his heart was racing because of the movie or his touch. Probably a mix of both, if he had to guess.

Blaze focused on the feeling of Kai's touch, reminding himself to breathe normally at the same time. He allowed his body to relax into the mattress, not realising how tense his body felt earlier. Before he knew it, his eyes were feeling heavy as he softly dropped his head onto Kai's shoulder. The other didn't complain or tense at this, instead he continued tracing circles around Blaze's skin, luring him to sleep.

*

"Should we wake him?" Blaze's ears managed to pick up in his sleep.

"It's fine. I'll carry him upstairs." Blaze felt his body getting picked up from the leather surface of the car seat. He immediately wrapped his body around him, knowing who was holding him. Head falling on his shoulder once again, breathing deeply into the crook of his neck.

"Look at you being all nice."

"Shut up." Blaze could feel the words vibrating against him.

He felt too tired to open his eyes or converse that he was awake. Instead, he focused on the body carrying him, taking in his scent and warmth. "I'm going to take a shower before heading to bed," the other voice, Silas, informed Kai as they climbed up the stairs.

"Mm-hmm," Kai hummed as they reached the top. The sound of a door shutting indicated Silas going into the bathroom as Kai walked into Blaze's room. Kai shut the door behind them before lowering Blaze down onto the bed. He must've bent down because next he was undoing the laces of his sneakers before tugging them off his feet. Blaze felt the doona fall on top of him as Kai tucked him in.

Blaze didn't know what to expect next, but a soft kiss to his forehead wasn't it. His brain was trying to process it as he heard feet shuffling away from him before the bedroom door opening.

"Kai," Blaze called out in a raspy voice, eyes now open and on Kai, who was standing in the doorway. "Please don't leave me." Kai's body turned around to face him timidly. He seemed taken off guard upon hearing Blaze speak.

"I'll be back soon," Kai whispered. "I'm just going to get some water and ready for bed," Kai he said the last bit gently.

"Promise?"

"I promise," he answered immediately. "Go back to sleep." Blaze mumbled in agreement, as Kai left the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. But Blaze wasn't able to fall back asleep, not with the memory of Kai's lips on his forehead etched in his brain.

He almost believed he imagined it, but he knew he didn't when he could smell Kai on him and the feeling of his lips on his forehead. His lower stomach was swimming in nerves. Suddenly feeling nervous with a mix of excitement about seeing Kai return to his room tonight. Would they address it? Or would Kai act as if it had never happened?

Blaze didn't know how long he was lying down, brain louder than ever, before he heard a noise outside his bedroom. "You heading to bed soon?" That was definitely Silas asking.

"In a bit. Going to use the bathroom first," Kai responded.

Silas hummed, "okay."

Blaze thought that would be the end of their conversation until Kai spoke again a few seconds later. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" Blaze could sense the smile on Silas' face as he replied.

"Like that," Kai accused.

Silas didn't respond for a moment. "Goodnight Kai, see you in the morning. Remember, we are driving back in the morning, so don't stay up late," he reminded before a door shut gently, which Blaze believed to be the bedroom door.

A moment later, another door closed, probably Kai in the bathroom.

10 minutes later, Blaze's bedroom was opening before closing softly. Blaze heard the shuffling sound coming towards him before the bed dipped beside him. It took a few moments for Kai to get comfortable before he heard him whisper, "Blaze?"

"Hmm-hmm," Blaze hummed to let him know he was still awake. He wished that Kai would wrap his arms around him, like they had been sleeping for the past two nights. But he couldn't get himself to ask it again.

The thought of leaving this place tomorrow morning was dawning on Blaze. Kai and he would no longer have a reason to see each other without the others around. The notion of sleeping alone from tomorrow onwards wasn't sitting well with him, leaving a heavy feeling in his chest. The mattress dipped closer behind him as warm arms wrapped around his middle. "What are you thinking about?" He could feel Kai's toothpaste smelling breath brush against his ears.

"Just tonight.. and the fact we are leaving tomorrow," Blaze responded.

He could feel Kai tense behind him, before he asked, "are you upset about not meeting with the worker tonight?" In an unsure voice. The worker? Does Kai really think he would be upset that he didn't get to meet with the worker who hit on him tonight?

"Do you think I'm upset?" Blaze replied instead.

"He seemed to have taken a liking to you. Did you think he was cute?" Kai swiftly lifted up the shirt Blaze was wearing before tracing patterns onto his lower stomach as he waited for an answer. The action only made him struggle to answer, as Kai touched where he seemed to be most sensitive.

Blaze dropped his head back onto Kai's chest, his breathing slightly heavier. "What would you do if I said yes?" He dared to ask, curious as to what Kai would say or do.

"So is that a yes, then?" Kai's thumb traced along the waistband of his underwear, not going any lower but still causing the lower half of Blaze to stir awake.

"Maybe he was," Blaze responded with a lie. He never properly looked at the worker, or took in his looks with interest. He only ever had eyes for Kai, before and now. But he also wasn't about to offer that information up on a sliver platter. "What are you going to do about it?" he added in a daring voice.

Kai's thumb dipped lower, past the boundaries of his underwear slightly. "Perhaps I can change your mind about that," he whispered in his ear, an offering. Blaze could feel his heart racing in his chest at the thought. He didn't trust his voice not to hesitate or the nerves to slip through his words, so he opted for a nod of his head instead. His cock twitched at the idea of Kai touching him. He felt desperate for it, despite feeling utterly terrified at the same time.

Kai's thumb and hand retreated from his underwear and stomach, retracting from his body. Blaze had to hold in the whimper that was desperate to escape him from the lack of contact. Before he was able to open his mouth to ask why Kai pulled away, his hands were back on him, except this time it was his thighs.

He ran his hands over his front half, touching everywhere, except the bulging area in his underwear that was continuing to grow with need. It felt both amazing and frustrating at the same time. Amazing to have his mate touching his body, which equally shocked Blaze. Yet, it was frustrating when he was aching in the one place that Kai refused to touch.

"Kai," Blaze whined. "Touch me."

"I am touching you."

Blaze groaned, pushing the back of his head against Kai's shoulder, making Kai laugh softly in his ear. "Where is it that you want me to touch you?" He asked instead this time.

"You know where," he half snapped, half whined. Blaze knew he sounded desperate and in any other situation he would be embarrassed by this, but right now he didn't care, he just needed Kai to follow through.

One of Kai's hands returned to the waistband of his underwear, teasing the thought of going lower. "Say please."

The thought of begging or saying please made Blaze flush in what he guessed would be embarrassment. Part of him wanted to obey, but at the same time, part of him didn't know if he wanted to give Kai that power over him so easily. He's never backed down from a fight, especially not one with Kai. "If you won't do it, I will," Blaze threatened, before cupping himself through his underwear to relieve the aching sensation.

"God, you're so stubborn," Kai groaned before covering Blaze's hand and pulling it away, then replacing it with his own hand. A win is a win. "But I promise you now, I will have you begging by the end of this pup."

Blaze's heart fluttered at the word of endearment. Confirming it wasn't by accident this morning, when Kai mumbled it in his sleep. "You wish," Blaze responded, words hitching in his throat as Kai needed his hard-on.

"Oh, I won't need to wish." Swiftly, Kai tugged on Blaze's underwear, pulling it down his thighs, and releasing him from his confinements. Without hesitation, he gripped him in his larger hand, swiping the tip of him with his thumb, sending shivers through Blaze's body. "You're so wet for me already," Kai spoke into the darkness of the room. Blaze was grateful for the lack of light, as he felt his body flush a second time.

Kai let go of him for a moment, before he heard him spitting in what Blaze guessed was his hand before it returned to his dick again. Thankfully, this time Kai was able to stroke him with more ease, causing his body to shudder as he leaned further into Kai's front. Kai's right hand continued at a steady pace as the other one snaked up the front of Blaze's shirt towards his neck before wrapping his fingers around it. Blaze hummed in pleasure, no doubt sending vibrations through Kai's hand.

"What about the worker made you think he was cute?" Kai asked into the shell of Blaze's ear. "Did he make your heart race like it is right now? Did he make you flush like I made you? Hmm?" Blaze could hardly focus on answering him, too lost in the feeling of Kai jacking him off and the grip he had around his neck.

His lack of answer made Kai tighten his grip on his lower half, still going at the same pace, resulting Blaze to arch his back as he opened his mouth in an attempt to answer. "Ka— ugh. Kai," he moaned out, eyes shutting tightly as his body trembled. Kai had only been touching him for barely a minute, but he felt as if he'd bust any second now. The thought of coming so soon felt embarrassing. He really didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Kai. Fuck.

"Yes or no, Blaze?" Kai asked again. "Did he make you feel like this?"

Tears threatened to spill from his eyes, despite not feeling any pain. "N-no he d-didn't," he stuttered. "I d-didn't even l-look at him."

"Hmm," Kai hummed approvingly. "See how easy that was, Blaze?" Blaze didn't know about easy, when he was desperately trying to keep himself together. "Would you like me to make you come now?"

"Yes," he moaned in hopeful relief.

"Yes, what?" Blaze knew exactly what he was asking. And in this moment, he couldn't care less if it made him look weak or feel embarrassed. Instead, all he desperately wanted and needed was Kai's hands to stay on him, claiming him, using him.

Blaze moaned as Kai's skilled hand twisted perfectly around him, thumb swiping along his tip. "P-please, Ka-i please." Kai must've been satisfied with his response, because he did exactly what he said he would. Blaze would've felt embarrassed for coming not even a minute later, if it wasn't for the fact he felt like he was on cloud nine and could hardly feel his body from how numbingly free it felt.

The hold on his neck disappeared as Kai unwrapped his arms from his body, pulling away. "Kai, where are yo—"

Kai hushed him softly. "I'm just going to get you cleaned up first. Go to sleep. I'll be back in a moment," he said gently, before opening up the bedroom door quietly, probably heading towards the bathroom.

Blaze wanted to stay awake, not wanting this moment to end just yet, but his body wouldn't allow him to as his eyes closed on their own accord before his mind drifted off to sleep.

-

Authors note
Just this week I've begun working at my new job, it's probably the most physically, mentally, emotionally exhausting and demanding thing I've ever done in my entire life/career (not to mention completely destroying my mental health). If you've been here from the start, you would know I used to upload chapters weekly, however this is simply not achievable anymore.

I would do anything in the world to focus simply on writing, but unfortunately this is simply a hobby and something I enjoy doing in my free time. Although, I wish it could be more of a career if I was able to.

This being said, I don't have a schedule anymore based on when I will upload chapters, it's simply whenever I've got the time available to write. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 41.9K 41
Elias Sage is the Beta of the Sage Moon Pack. He is loyal to his Alpha, his best friend, Silas Sage. He could never imagine not being his Beta or bei...
21.4K 809 18
He wanted someone else. He liked someone else. He loved someone else. NO. He didn't want me. He didn't like me. He didn't, He doesn't love me. Seba...
713K 32.7K 35
Book 1 of The Secret Series Kacper had been counting since he was a ten year old boy. Subtracting years, months and now the countdown was almost over...
4.2M 157K 56
Ash Willow is the outcast of his pack, the omega runt abused by his stepfather, the head Alpha. Daemon Steele is an alpha of the enemy pack with a v...