Empress (A Tickle Commission)

By Featherscape

First Princess Hong Yuanji wishes to escape the binds of her palace walls from her domineering father. When s... More

Beyond Gold Walls
Cat and Mouse
An Unwanted Visitor
A Needed Escape
The Ticklish Thief
A Night In
A Sufferable Secret
Outing
A Passion for Cleaning
Reconditioning
Giving Shelter
Intimate Feast
Hard Work
The Lost Princess Returns
Ticklish Festival
Feasting Passions
Unveiling Truths
Tainted Roads
Information Through Screams
Sparks of Ruin
Darkened Skies

Forked Tongue Promises

86 0 0
By Featherscape

An icy grasp, far more harsh than any winter endured in his life, gripped Sima Yi's heart. Cold sweat trickled down the back of his neck. He darted around his princess's chambers in hopeful belief of some game or misunderstanding or even a horrible nightmare was at play, his reaching suspicions dashed more and more with each painfully passing second. He looked throughout and under the bed. He searched the cupboard. Several times, he dashed outside to examine Yuanji's personal balcony and the grassy land around it. He saw no sign of Ai, no indecision of where his 'Yuanji' stand-in had supposedly vanished.

Tirelessly, his search took him to broader extents. He searched all of the common and servant areas of the palace. He asked around if anyone had seen the young princess scurrying about, forcing the fear from his voice. Upturning every room, every hall, every speck of dust, Sima learned nothing outside of his own fearful conclusion that, wherever Ai was, she was no longer on palace grounds. Silently, he cursed himself for his hubris and lack of judgment. His hands shook. Tears welled beneath his eyes. Each time he revisited Yuanji's chamber hoping to find that the princess had returned behind his knowledge. Even then, he would have settled for Ai back and returned to character. But the nightmare continued and there was no sign of waking up.

"This cannot be happening," Sima Yi repeatedly muttered to himself. He raced between all of the areas of the palace where Ai might have gone to fulfill her servant duties. He checked the kitchen, the servant's quarters, the gardens, the temple, rushing from room to room more frantically as the seconds passed. Only when he returned to Yuanji's own private chamber was he stopped by a surprise visitor.

"I was hoping to have an audience with my future bride," Fu Jie said, his voice low and grave. He swiped his finger across the bronze incense burner near Yuanji's bed. His head was pointed down and away. Ornate, dark currant shaded robes cascaded down his back. His presence burned the air in the room with the scents of ash and sweat. Sima Yi's eyes stayed fixed on the man. Alone, separated from his men and consorts, Crown Prince, Fu Jie, was just that. As Yuanji had flown her duties as a princess to pursue more common pleasure, Fu Jie too stood with the stature of a great leader and warrior, yet behind the lifted veil of his standing, was only a man. Sima Yi swallowed. He entered the room, determined to still see to his position.

"I'm afraid her Highness has stepped out for the moment," Sima Yi said sternly. "Might I escort you to perhaps the Emperor's chambers, your majesty?"

"'Stepped out'," Fu Jie said softly. "I see." He pulled back from the burner, rubbing the pads of his fingers together. The dust floated from them, carried by the natural breeze of the open balcony doors. "It must be quite straining, being a young woman in her situation. So bound by duties and responsibilities. She has such an obligation to uphold honor for her family, her people, that she may never chase true divine pleasures. Such is the burden of those in our standing." Sima nodded. He kept a careful eye out for anything abnormal in the prince's proximity, anything that may come off as alarming to Yuanji's disappearance.

"Her Highness has all the help she needs," Sima Yi responded. "And I'm sure will be remarkably happy under your care, your Majesty.

"You do fulfill your duties honorably, I see, Sima Yi," Fu Jie said. His lips pulled up in a slight snarl at the sounds made for Sima's name, just enough to show a small glimmer of teeth. "Keeping the princess safe and happily while she follows through with her rightful station. Your efforts are indeed commendable."

"Thank you, your Majesty," Sima Yi said, bowing his head. Fu Jie walked casually through the room. His eyes inspected everything they fell upon with uncertainty. Sima stood in silence, watching the man glide through the chamber like a phantom.

"She is quite the treasure, isn't she?" Fu Jie asked.

"Her beauty is only outmatched by her wit and passion," Sima said.

"So I've heard," Fu Jie said. "So I've only heard, as her Highness has yet to be available for me whenever I've come by." Sima nodded. He prepared the same act that he had been performing since Yuanji's departure.

"Her Highness is working diligently to better her abilities and commitment to her future duties," Sima said.

"Is that what you told the whore to do?" Fu Jie asked sharply. "The one you organized to take her Highness's place?" Sima Yi paused. He swallowed to clear his throat, a cold droplet of sweat racing down his back.

"Where..." Sima started. He paused for a moment, thinking about the right thing to say. Unfortunately, Fu Jie had already caught on to his staggered response.

"'Where'... who?" Fu Jie asked. "The servant girl? Fret not, she's perfectly fine under my care now. It seems to me like you should be far more concerned over the whereabouts of our sweet princess Yuanji." Sima paused once more, but knew to speak quickly so as to get ahead of the situation that was quickly slipping through his fingers like sand.

"As I said, Her Highness has stepped out," Sima Yi said. "I had a servant tending to her Highness's needs while her Highness studies diligently elsewhere. Her Highness is very much looking forward to the union and is simply making herself as familiar as possible with her future duties as your bride, your Majesty."

"Her future duties are to be made available to me," Fu Jie's voice snapped, with little indication of anger in his dark, shadowy expression. "Out of everything, I'd say that that is what is most important in a concubine. Wouldn't you agree, Sima Yi?" Sima Yi stood back. A breath punched against his throat as it stopped, fearfully hiding from the prince's booming tone. Sima forced his eyes forward and his face stoically addressing a prompt response.

"I... c-concubine?" Sima Yi asked softly. "I-I beg your forgiveness, your Majesty, but her Highness is to become Empress once the union is finalized." Fu Jie paused. He looked down to a painted clay vase by the balcony curtain. He ran his fingers across the rough, rounded edge of the gaping top.

"My mother was a beautiful woman, much like her Highness, Hong Yuanji," Fu Jie said. "I suppose I've been rather taken with her since our first council, when I was able to fully behold that beauty. She is, in fact, a treasure, possibly the greatest treasure of any empire or any land. My mother was much the same way. Her beauty was not lost on my father, who took to her far more than any diplomatic union could ever fully grasp. He was devout to her; gave her more than an empire, he gave her the world. Through their union, villages rose and prospered. War was a barbaric and useless endeavor. Their adoration spread across mountain and sea, upholding true magic and grace.

"I knew my destiny was to rule, but it was easy to see just how grand a destiny it was, even when my mother turned that blade against my father's throat. Mother made sure my sister and I witnessed it all. It was such a calming shade stained into the stone that I knew right then what my own palace would look like someday. From there, prosperity pursued, like nothing had happened at all. Mother grieved for the masses, yet welcomed her new position as Empress Dowager. She began helping me train, right then, for my own destiny. Servants became personal companions of mine, including my own sister. Mother ensured that they would help fulfill my every need as a boy learning the ways of the world. More servants were brought in with each new conquest. Some, I was given, others became her own concubines, while the rest were either put to domestic or field labor. When their utility came into question, more rooms would be painted that same lovely shade. Mixed in with my father's, you could hardly tell a difference.

"Tradition perpetuates history, Sima, and it cares not for the merits of right and wrong. My lineage has found great success in challenging the notions of tradition. In doing so, we have created a legacy that will see its deeds echo throughout time. Her Highness, Hong Yuanji, will play a very important role in the next chapter of that legacy. No matter her duties once the union has been settled, her importance will never be understated, though I'll say that it is her beauty that makes her a valuable asset in supplying comfort, improving morale for allyships, and of course providing the best possible heirs. All of these are honorable deeds for any woman, even a budding young Empress, wouldn't you agree?" Sima Yi cleared the harsh dryness from his throat. His jaw ached as his teeth pressed into one another behind closed lips. The man managed a nod, despite the searing blush against his ears and neck.

"Y-yes, your Majesty," Sima forced out.

"Of course, none of these duties can be carried out if her Highness has not been trained to make herself available, can they?" Fu Jie asked. Sima Yi swallowed again, pushing through the sickness pulsing in his stomach.

"No, your Majesty," Sima said.

"No, that is correct," Fu Jie said sternly. "I learned from my mother how crucial it is that one's spouse is exactly where you need them to be at all times. Once the marriage is finalized, I predict that will not be an issue for sweet, little Yuanji. I have my own means of keeping track of the whereabouts of those in my palace. Yuanji will be no exception to my methods. For now, however, she is under your care, advisor, and you seem to have completely misplaced her."

"Y-your Majesty, I-"

"Your role is to advise the princess, and yet here I stand among her chambers, in your presence, with no princess being advised," Fu Jie said, his voice rising in volume. "You claim she is following through with her duties, but here I stand witnessing no princess fulfilling her most important duty of all: making herself available to me. How do you answer for subjecting me to this vile display of inadequacy?"

"Your Majesty, I assure you-"

"You can do no such thing," Fu Jie snapped. "You lose your princess, forsaken your duties to protect and monitor her, and you stand before me spewing lies." The prince came closer to Sima, his cheeks sunken and lips twisted into a nasty grimace. Sima dared not back away. He stood stiff and firm in place, sweat trickling down the back of his neck. Fu Jie lowered his voice once he stopped within reach of Sima's figure. "Any other advisor would be being painted across another palace chamber by their weeping families, Sima. However, your stance in challenging tradition has indeed caught my eye. It certainly has my sister's as well, so I offer a proposition."

"A-a proposition?" Sima Yi asked.

"I am aware of the arrangement between you and Yuanji," Fu Jie said. Sima paused. He assessed the possibility of the prompt setting him up for a confession, yet his racing nerves left little chance for deliberation of his options.

"You... know?" Sima asked softly. "Ai..."

"A free spirit such as Yuanji is, I am sure, easy to lose in such a wondrous world begging to be explored," Fu Jie said. "Such is the nature of most young women. They beg guidance, they demand to be restrained and tamed, lest they flutter off into wretched incivility. You would do well to remember that. I trust you won't forget after this little mishap." Sima Yi said nothing. He merely steadied his breath and continued to listen.

"Once the union is complete," Jie continued, "I will see to it that you maintain a position as Yuanji's advisor, provided that you obey my instruction and do not let her out of your sight again. For now, to make sure that you keep your head atop your shoulders, I will make it known that Yuanji has been kidnapped."

"What?"

"I cannot allow an important asset to both me and the princess to be put to death just yet, nor should Yuanji herself suffer for displaying such curiosities, careless though they may be," said Fu Jie. "By my word, you will not be held responsible, but an immediate hunt for the wayward princess will be issued. Every rock and egg in your village will be thoroughly turned over in search of her. By my means, we will find her. Or, if you insist on keeping up this little game of yours, just say the word. Her Highness will stay missing, your Emperor and Empress will grieve, and your land will burn for her absence. However, you will not share any of that fate as a dismembered clump feeding boars by the riverside. I need no permission to save your life, advisor, nor do I care to, but neither you nor Yuanji have outlived your usefulness to me, so I would advise you to cooperate." Sima's face lowered. His teeth chattered, his complexion running cold and colorless despite the sweat still forming against his neck. His heart thrashed in his chest. He maintained composure, however, and bowed once more.

"Y-you have my... sincerest gratitude... your Majesty," Sima said. Fu Jie turned from the young man. He started for the open doorway with an unbothered grace to his gait.

"Do well by me, and your position in my palace is secured," Fu Jie instructed. "Come. We shall bring her out of hiding. I should discuss with your guard Commander the necessary precautions for finding our missing princess." Fu Jie stormed out of the room, his robe fluttering behind him. Sima Yi followed. He closed the chamber door behind him and stayed on the prince's tail as the pair made their way outside the palace walls and into the courtyard.

Outside, Sima beheld a caravan of soldiers in regal armor standing by. They stood at stoic attention for Fu Jie, wearing many of the same ornate designs on their vestments as what matched Fu Jie's robe. Shades of black and garnet spanned nearly the complete stretch of palace grounds. Camels and horses reigned at the ready. The men split and stood in formations that crafted a direct line to Fu Jie's decorated rickshaw, pulled by several large men wearing blisters and burns in place of protective cloth. Sima hesitated. He looked around at all of the darkened faces. The blades of their swords and spears shimmered against the early setting sun.

Fu Jie acknowledged nothing as he made his way to his seat. The moment his garments made contact with the wood, the men around Sima broke formation. The rickshaw rose and started off in the direction of the village, with Fu Jie's army marching closely behind. Sima's breath staggered in his mouth. His heart continued to pound, witnessing the exuberant consequences of his lie. He swallowed and looked back at the palace. Operations appeared as undisturbed as the structure itself. Sima steadied his senses. He stepped forward to follow the prince. With hope for Yuanji's safety flustering his mind, the advisor could only watch the princess's plan beginning to unravel in ways that even his overactive anxiety had not the creative prowess to imagine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 302 101
Trinity (Fem) is a selfish Brat who is withholding sex from her girlfriend because she's bored with their sex life. She wants a BDSM relationship wit...
924K 22.1K 22
Knox Reed has a hard exterior, and lots of love to give. Can he find someone worth risking it all for? ♡ "I can't wait to fuck you every day, for the...
87.4K 206 5
The newest member of his school's Literature Club, a closeted tickle and foot fetishist, must choose which of the girls in the club to help with a ve...
394K 10.7K 31
"𝘕𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵." -𝘓𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘋𝘦𝘭 𝘙...