The Silent Prince (Zelink fan...

By violettemoth

"Under the oath of the goddess Hylia, you shall protect the prince. Blessings on you, and the other champions... More

Welcome!
Chapter 2 - First day
Chapter 3 - Plans for Akkala
Chapter 4: A small trip
Chapter 5: Library
Chapter 6: Past
Art!
Chapter 7: Yiga
Chapter 8: Noble Pursuit
Chapter 9: Rainy travels
Not an update

Chapter 1 - The Prince's Knight

88 3 2
By violettemoth

Birds chirped, bells rang, and more bells rang... and the bells continued to ring. Wait, why were they ringing? A blonde woman sat up in her bed, and frantically jumped out on to the floor. Quickly shoving on her armor and tying up her hair into a tight braided bun, she opened the door. Outside of her room was an empty hall, she heard shouts and crowds outside in Hyrule Castle town.

She thought to herself why she woke up so late, especially on a day as important as this one! Then it hit her, she was with her Gerduo friends -who went up for the ceremony- and those women sure know how to hold their noble pursuits. And unfortunately for the blonde, the pursuits were much stronger than she thought.

She ran through the short hall and out the door, and upon opening it the morning sun shone its rays upon her face, which were awfully bright. Stunned, she rubbed her eyes and looked around. Thankfully the bells ringing were not the ceremony ones, what a relief as she thought it was midday. Alas they simply rang to awake the guards and knights.

"Zelda!" She heard a someone call her name, she jerked her head to face the voice. "Zelda get over here! Hurry!" Once the shouting had finished, she ran to the voice, dodging and bumping into  carts and horses as she crossed the tiny, yet busy, roads of the town. An arm pulled her into a hug, exclaiming once again to her "Sav'otta! Are you excited? Because I certainly am. You know I am so happy for you, sealiously!" Zelda simply bore a blank stare.

"Kelly, what is with you and those seal jokes?" She giggled as she stepped back to look at her friend. "For a second there I thought I already missed the ceremony... oh how embarrassing that would've been..." Her friend smiled back at her, reassuring that she would never let Zelda miss the most important day of her life. After Kelly finished her pep talk, she brought Zelda into the guard's chambers to start the preparations.

The two got ready, with Zelda doing her hair with a classic braid over her head, and her hair down on her back. She forgot about the tunics the royal family had gifted her. Now that she was the appointed knight to the prince, she had to wear it to show loyalty to the throne as well as her duties. After she was situated, she placed the Master Sword on her back, wearing it proudly.

Zelda and Kelly had met on travels in their early years. And since the prophecies and discovery of the Sheikah technology, -divine beasts and guardians- trips to Gerudo town were made more and more often to visit the chief, Urbosa.

"You know, I'm proud of you. After seeing you grow up and become such an impressive knight, it seems only befitting to have you be the appointed knight of the prince." Kelly spoke as the two were walking in Castle's town.

"Thank you, truly, I feel as if this is what my whole life has been leading up to. Especially ever since finding that sacred sword in the forest. And considering my family's legacy, it only feels right to receive this honor... actually that sounds rather self centered."  She laughed away with her friend, breathing to calm down her smiles. "But, you do know what I mean. I am excited, especially to meet the prince. Not many have seen him, and what I hear from the royal guard is that he usually stays in his study."

Kelly ooh'd in excitement, "I haven't even thought about that! He seems so distant and mysterious. I wonder if he's handsome though."

"Kelly!" Zelda gasped and laughed,"Why do you always think of those things with boys? I swear you're so childish!" As she finished, Kelly began to defend herself. After all Kelly has always been the romantic type, but not a stable one. Rather she'd practically have a new crush every week. The two continued talking, Zelda showing her friend neat places in the town. Until the bells rang to tell the champions to gather up. She waved goodbye to the Gerudo, and made her ascent to the castle.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The four champions and the knight gathered. Revali had never liked Zelda, Mipha and Daruk did not know her very well, but were still acquaintances. Her name was called by Urbosa, who was a very close and mother figure woman in her life. The two shared their burdens and worries with each other that they couldn't with others.

"Oh, little bird, your mother would be so proud of you." Urbosa smiled, "It is surprising to see you bear such burdens and responsibility with such strength. Not that I believe you would fail, but you haven't even faltered once. You're strong, more so than me."

"Thank you, Urbosa. I also think that you have done a great job to be a pilot of Naboris. It is truly impressive to see such a large machine, I'm glad I was able to visit it before being appointed." Zelda finished, as the ceremony would begin soon.

"Come, Zelda, it is time." Urbosa said.

Trumpets blared, bells rung, and drums were beaten. It was such a magnificent sound. As the champions went into the sanctum, they all stood in a crescent circle, facing the throne. The king walked in and sat down, and with his presence the champions all took a knee. 

"Subjects of Hyrule" the king loudly proclaimed. "Today, we honor four champions, who through their trials have made themselves worthy to pilot the divine beasts. We also honor a knight, the chosen one by the sword that seals the darkness." He spoke, and on his left, sat the short, blonde prince. Awkwardly looking around, until meeting eyes with his friend Revali, who quickly smiled up at him before bowing his head again. King Rhoam continued speaking, "As prophecies have told, and as the toll of monsters rises in Hyrule, we must be prepared for the calamity to attack at any time. As you know, the prince has already begun his training to unlock the sealing powers." As he finished that particular sentence, Link glanced over to him nervously.

The speech went on for a little while, and once he finished there was an awkward silence for a split second until the King nudged Link's arm. Link descended down the steps, moving towards the center of the throne room where the five champions stood. He reached for a sword, resting on a table, he picked it up and kept it resting in front of him, waiting for his father to speak.

"Urbosa, chief of the Gerudo, you shall pilot Vah Naboris, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the goddess. Daruk, chief of the Gorons, you shall pilot Vah Rudania, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the Goddess. Mipha, princess of the Zora, you shall pilot Vah Ruto, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the goddess. Revali, pride of the Rito, you shall pilot Vah Medoh, and serve Hyrule. Blessings from the goddess." He paused for a breath before continuing. "And finally, Zelda, the chosen hero, under the oath of the goddess Hylia, you shall protect the prince. Blessings on you, and the other champions." Once he finished, there was yet another quick silence, before a quiet ahem was heard by the king, signaling Link to finish the ceremony.

Link picked up the sword and dubbed the four champions, before reaching Zelda, he held his breath and gulped, and said in a low and quiet tone, "Z-Zelda, the o...one chosen by the goddess," he paused, already embarrassed of his stutter. He already had a difficult time speaking, and adding an important memorized speech as well as the eventfulness of the situation made him extra nervous and afraid. "I hereby knight you, as the appointed knight to the royal family, as well as m-me." He shut his eyes and opened them quickly then exhaled, "Your position is not one to be overlooked, in fact, it is one to be... remembered among the.. history of Hyrule?" He started to blank and forget his speech, but quickly straightened himself out. "Your duties are of great importance, to the royal family, t-the guards and knights, and as well as the kingdom of Hyrule." He lifted the sword above her head and gently placed it on her left shoulder, and then again on her right shoulder.

He turned around, and placed the sword down, then bent over to pick up a shield. The blue shield was lined with silver, and adorned with a golden triforce above a red symbol of Hyrule. It was a strong, durable and trust worthy shield. He once again turned back to the champions and walked towards them with the shield. Once he had reached the point where he stood in front of Zelda, he tapped her shoulder, asking her to stand up. After she rose he softly picked up her hand from her side, she looked a bit shocked, but managed her expressions as he brought her hand up to their stomach level. He released his hand from under hers, and placed the shield on it.

"T-this is a Hylian shield, accept it, and use it to defend yourself and the kingdom." He commanded, then took three steps backwards, before turning to his left to go up the stairs to the throne besides the king. As he did this, Zelda strapped the shield onto her back, and knelt down.

The king stood, "Go. Serve Hyrule, be set forth champions, and bring peace!" He spoke loudly. The drums and trumpets played once more, and applause from the crowds outside and inside the castle started. Some 'woohoo's here, and a 'hurray' there, the champions rose and went back into the room they came from.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Dusk had arrived, the celebrations and feasts were finally dying down, drunken and stumbling soldiers and citizens waltzed around town. Little children were outside playing games on a warm summer evening.

Zelda was called by a royal guard, and escorted to the throne room, which was now empty. Once she arrived there were two guards at each entry, and two by the throne, her escort swiftly left the room, and shut the doors behind her. She lifted her head up to see the prince and king sitting on their thrones. She immediately knelt. The prince and king walked down the steps, and stood a few feet in front of the woman.

"Stand." The king commanded. She lifted up her knee, and stood up to meet the eye level of the prince. Out of nervousness he quickly glanced down to the side at the floor, intensely staring at whatever was so important. "Dame Zelda, it is a great honor to have to be the appointed knight for my son."

"Truly, your majesty, the honor is all mine." She said as she kept her head bowed.

"Link," the king spoke, "meet your knight. She shall be here to guard and protect you, follow and watch over you as you travel to unlock your powers."

Link nodded. But his father side-eyed him, expecting him to introduce himself to the woman. "Oh, right," he softly spoke, "I- Um I am Prince Link, and it is- wait no, I am very... excited- actually grateful to have you as my knight?" His whispered words were so uncertain that it almost came off as a question.

King Rhoam sighed with a tone of disappointment, he looked towards his son, then back to the knight, "Well, Zelda, it has been lovely meeting you. You shall start tomorrow at dawn, report directly to me, and I'll send you to Link depending on where he is. Is that clear?" He asked, and she nodded in response, "You may go now."

"Thank you, your majesty." bowing her head, she then looked back up, and glanced at the boy, who quickly looked away to avoid any eye contact. She looked back to the doors, and left, later returning to her chamber.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*  **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The knight took off her boots, placed the purple and green hilt sword next to her bed. She then removed her blue tunic and chain mail underneath, and then sat on her bed and had undone her braids. She flopped backwards lying on her back with her arms spread out. A heavy sigh was released with her breath, and she was finally able to lie down and get some rest. Her eyes slowly drifted shut, just about to catch some well deserved shut eye before hearing a knock on the door.

She jolted up and turned her head and looked around, then rubbed her eyes as she stood. She walked over to her door and opened it to reveal a member of the royal guard. Huh? Why would one be here so late?

"Dame Zelda, for you." The man spoke as he handed her a white flower with a small note attached. He then walked away.

Zelda was a bit confused about it, and questioned what it was, or who it was from. She shut her door and turned to her small desk. She grabbed her short blade and cut the tie connecting the flower and small envelope, and placed the white daisy in a small, empty vial which was gifted to her by her friend Purah, a scientist. After opening the letter with her blade, she took out the small note inside of it, which read:

"In the morning, I will be in my study, it's on the west side of the castle. - Link"

Hm, Link? The prince had set her a message? Strange. She turned to her right where a small bookshelf was, and slid out a book about flowers and meanings. She turned to the section on white, small flowers, and continued turning the pages right, and left a few times to make sure she didn't skip anything. Aha! The white daisy, it usually meant apologies, but a single one meant new beginnings and innocence. Nice.

Well, if the prince sent me a gift then I should make him one too, right? Zelda thought to herself. She then put shoes back on and went outside of the knights bed chambers. The sun had now completely set, and the moon glowed on every beautiful building and flower outside. She looked around at the quiet town, and went to the inn, and knocked on one of the doors.

From the inside, a tall, pink haired woman opened the door, looking fully awake. "Oh, sav'saaba." She spoke, "What do you need?"

"I need help with something." Zelda said as she walked past Kelly.

"Riiight, I get that part, obviously, but what do you need help with?" The Gerudo responded sarcastically.

Zelda rolled her eyes and smiled, "Well, the prince-"

"Oh my goodness yesss the prince was soo handsome!" Kelly exclaimed

"I- Kelly, that's not at all what I was talking about, you're so funny." She smiled. "I need your help, what should I get him?"

Kelly raised an eyebrow, and asked why she had to get him something. Then Zelda explained what he had told her. "Oh Zelda, he was simply telling you he's sorry, and where to find him. You don't get him anything, that was just common courtesy." She replied.

"Oh, really? Hm, well then, thank you for the help."

"Yeah no problem, just get some rest!"

A/N: I did work hard, so I hope you liked it :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 150 46
The story is around a hundred years later after the calamity Ganon took over hyrule. Hyrule is in great danger! Not only that, humans and other bein...
318K 8.1K 49
Contains spoilers - gender neutral MC One hundred years ago, you took part in a prophecy of old. Having being gifted the ability to hear the voice of...
65.6K 1.6K 13
"It's been too long, hasn't it?" She ran a gloved hand over the diary caked with dust, "Far too long..." Link examined the worn, grey chamber, adorne...
437 30 16
During my extended break from writing, I've been playing a lot of Breath of the Wild. With Tears of the Kingdom just around the corner, I figured it...