golden hour ~ Danny Walker, P...

By RyleeSage-

We sat in the back of my daddy's old Ford truck. It was light blue and had a silver rim, he got it years ago... More

Cast
Young Love
Darling
Your Jacket
Fragile
ร‰crit dans les รฉtoiles

Promises

42 0 2
By RyleeSage-

——————

Danny Walker
June 18th, 1935

      It had been almost a year since me and Charlie had officially been dating. As the fall grew to spring and the spring grew to summer I couldn't help but love and admire her more with every passing day.

     That story that Charlie had told me last 4th of a July, stuck in my head. The story about how the stars are people that you love, in the morning they may diss appear but they always come back. Charlise was all my stars... everyone of them. Sure we had our fights, but we would always come running back to each other.

     Stars... remind me of Charlie and the love we shared. Sometimes, love is as simple as watching the moon and sometimes it's as complicated as counting the stars. But I love doing both for her.

    In the nights I would sneak into her bedroom and we could lay together, looking at the window at the stars. We wouldn't really talk much then, we didn't need to. Our presence was enough, I know she loved me, and she knew I loved her. That was enough for us.

       One simple day, today as I am writing this, stands out to me. It was nothing extraordinary but it was love.

      It was a hot summer day in the rural towns of Memphis. The wheat plants shriveled in the glimmering sun, the blue sky looked as striking as a picture. 1:00 pm, that's when I was supposed to meet Charlise. Behind the barn. I got there early of course. A few minutes past before I heard a light tamper of footsteps and the small creak of the McCawley front door. Charlise came running around the corner or the old rusty barn. I opened my arms wide as she squealed and ran into my arms. I picked her up as she kissed my face playfully.

    " You saw me just last week. Couldn't have missed me that bad." I joked sarcastically. Me and my Pa had made a trip to the city in order to get some things figured out. I never thought I'd miss someone so much just through a week. But, I'd be wrong, I'd sure gone soft.

   " Mhm, didn't miss you any," Charlise said holding the sides of my face grinning at me.

" Oh is that so."

" Mhm." She said placing a soft kiss on my lips

" Well that's unfortunate, cause I missed you a whole lot." I said taking her hand as we began to walk towards the creek.

" I barley knew what to do with myself, with you not coming through my window every day." Charlise said smirking. Almost every day I would sneak though her large wood window, in the morning I'd leave.

" I missed that too." I said our hands swaying in the breeze.

" You know, you shouldn't have to sneak in." She said giving me a hopeful yet fearful glance.

"Charlise..." I said running my thumb over her palm.

" I know, I know..." she said giving me a tight smile.

" it just would be nice, but we have forever dont we." She laughed.

" Once we get out of this little ol town, the whole world will know that your mine, my girl." I said grinning.

     We finally reached the creek, every kid in this small town had played in it at some point. It was almost a tight of passage. Their was a giant oak tree that shadowed the water, hanging off of it was a small rope.

    I quickly raise my white tee shirt over my head, and take off my loose jeans just leaving my swimsuit. Charlise laughs as I run to the rope swing, as I jump on the rope it swings fast over the creek. Then I jump in earning a loud squeal from Charlise. I laugh as I resurface brushing the hair out of my face.

    Charlise takes off her dress, leaving a little purple swimsuit that resembles a little dress. God, I couldn't stop looking at her. She laughs as she walks over to the rope grabbing it and pulling in backwards.

" Cmon Charlie, jump."

"" ok ok ok!" She yells, she jumps up but then stops herself.

" I can't, I can't do it."

" Get in the water!" I laugh.   She squeals out of nervousness

" I can't. Danny. I can't jump." She laughs

" Get in the water! Get in!" I yell jokingly.

" I'm sorry, baby please just get in the water." I laugh a softly.

" Ok I'm doing it." She says pulling the rope back before running and jumping, flying through the air then landing in the water.

      As she surfaces she laughs and pushed the hair out of her face, I pull her into my chest. Her legs lock around my waist.

    " You did it." I say pushing a small lock of hair out her face.

    " I did huh." She says as I nod and smile uncontrollably.

   " I'm not doing that again." She laughs placing her head on my shoulder.

   " I know."

———————

Charlise McCrawley
June 18th, 1935

After spending the day at the creek, Danny and me walked back hand in hand. As giddy as could be. Quite frankly I don't know if either of us could have been happier. I couldn't imagine a future without Danny, I saw him in every dream, every path of life I could think of he was with me.

With my house within view, I turned to Danny he then pulled me into his chest so close I could hear his steady heartbeat.
" I love you." he said. And in that whisper I heard the roar of a thousand promises.

" I love you too." I said pecking his lips before running to my house. My wet hair dripping behind me. I quickly open the door and closed it quietly hoping not to disturb my family. I let out a sigh of relief before completely freezing up when I heard my mothers sharp voice.

" Lisa Rose?" she asked. I turned my head to see her a couple of feet away peering over the kitchen counters out the window. She didn't even look me in my eyes. I knew she had saw me and Danny, she wouldn't miss anything, she was a hawk. The fact that it had taken this long for the two of us to get caught was a feat in itself.

" Yes mama?" I asked my voice quivering as I quickly tried to fixed my hair.

" You and Danny huh." she said clicking her tongue.

"Mama it's really not what it loo-"

" I don't want any excuses Lisa." She said turning to me.

" Mama please, it's Danny....

" H-he's good to me... far better then I'll ever deserve, he's respectful and kindhearted and humble-

" h-he calls me beautiful like it's my name ... oh god, Mama he loves me."

She swallows looking down at her hands.

" I should have known with the two of you." She said shaking her head

" what?" I asked

" Oh darling, everyone sees the way you look at eachother." She smiled

" even clueless daddy." I smile

" Do you love him?" She asks, softly. I nod my head and smile, " I've always loved him mama." As she held out her arms for me, I quickly took the invitation as I wrapped my arms around her.

" I really love him." I whispered.

After a while of holding eachother, my mother kisses my forehead and leans back to look at me.

" Will you tell Rafe?" She asked me.

" I haven't the slightest idea."

" Dear, if it is truly love it shouldn't be left in secret."

——————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 18.7K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
111K 888 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
164K 4.7K 65
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
253K 16.5K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...