✨Only In My Fears✨ (Alastor x...

By ValerieWinks777

[SEQUEL TO ✨Only In My Imagination✨ Read book 1 first for better understanding🧡] Ever since Y/N was six ye... More

✨Prologue✨
Ch. 1 ✨A Day In The Afterlife✨
Ch. 2 ✨A Hazbin Cook-Off✨
Ch. 3 ✨The Exterminators✨
Ch. 4 ✨Donovan✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 5 ✨The Little Dog Demon✨
Ch. 6 ✨Advice From A Friend✨
Ch. 7 ✨An Attempt To Make You Smile✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 8 ✨Vox✨
Ch. 9 ✨Tea Time With Donovan✨
Ch. 10 ✨The Final Word✨
Ch. 11 ✨Collapse✨
Ch. 12 ✨Forgiveness✨
Ch. 13 ✨Searching For The Lost✨
Ch. 14 ✨Valentino✨
Ch. 15 ✨One's Promise✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 16 ✨True Colors✨
Ch. 17 ✨The Truth Is Served✨
Ch. 18 ✨Underground✨
Ch. 19✨Face To Face✨
Ch. 20 ✨Saving Him✨
Ch. 21 ✨Awaken✨
Ch. 22 ✨Our Moment✨
Ch. 23 ✨The Wedding Day✨
Ch. 24 ✨Honeymoon✨
✨The End✨

✨Epilogue✨

1.4K 43 47
By ValerieWinks777

*Several Years Later*
*Y/N's POV*

🎶"...I don't want to set the world on fire...I just want to start a flame in your heart."🎶

I continue to sing under my breath, hands stirring at a pan of jambalaya cooking on our stove, my mind drifting into another world, another memory that has long passed...while the noises of two little children giggle behind me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I glance over my shoulder, seeing my oldest by seven years,
S/N--(Son's name)--and my youngest, being the age number five,
D/N--(Daughter's name).

I smile softly, seeing there little facial expressions that they make while I sing. S/N was smiling a little, though he did look partially tired of my singing, due to the fact I've been singing it on and off all day, but my daughter D/N was smiling as wide as I've ever seen.

She has her father's smile. And his hair color, and his eyes.
D/N's shoulder-length hair is half red on top, and half black at the bottom, with a few thick wavey strands of hair from the French braid I had given her a few days prior. Plus, cute little doe ears sticking out of her head.

Whereas my seven year old son has my H/C, and E/C. But when he shapes into his demon form, he looks like his dad...and slightly like my demon form as well.

But in my children's human forms, they look exactly like me. Even D/N, when she's shaped into a human form, but since we live in Hell, they stay in there demon forms.

I giggle softly, continuing to sing under my breath as I finish making dinner, adding the family secret recipe.

"Why do you sing that song, mama?" D/N asks, her voice sounding high pitched and adorable, with the faint static of a radio. A silly trait that she could turn on and off, but as of right now at her age, she can't really control it.

I blush, the memories attached to that song filling my mind once again, a warm tingling sensation flooding my chest.
"It's just a very special song I like to sing," I reply. D/N is still a bit young to understand me and Alastor's story, but our son knows about it, though he finds it cheesy.

Boys...I giggle a little.

I can't believe me and Alastor are already eight years into our marriage, and our bond is only growing stronger with each and every passing day.

A year into our marriage, I became pregnant with our son, S/N.
The look of pure and utter joy in Alastor's eyes the day I announced my pregnancy is a moment I will never forget.

He was thrilled, overjoyed, and at the same time...very scared.
He never dreamed he would become a father, and since his father was so awful towards him and his mother, he was even more frightened.

He didn't know if our children would be happy with this life, this realm, if they wouldn't be accepted due to being half demon and half human.
And worse...he was afraid that they would be...scared of him.

But with enough reassurance, and encouraging words that I spoke to him throughout the days and nights, his fear slowly began to wash away, and was replaced with pure happiness.

The day our son was born...it was a moment both of us will never, ever, forget.
Hearing his crying, holding him against our chests, it was incredible.

I remember for a week straight, I would wake up and not see Alastor in bed, only to go into the baby's nursery and find him cradling our son in his arms, sitting on a rocking chair as he softly hummed to our baby.

I had never seen Alastor more happy before.

And when our daughter was born two years later, he was even more thrilled. Though having a daughter, his protectiveness only got stronger.

She is his innocent little girl, and he's made claims that he will do anything to keep her soul pure and untouched by anything.
So..there might be some tension when she grows into the teenage years and begins to crush on boys...but, that's a long ways from now.

For now, we are enjoying these moments in the present.

Just as I shut the stove off, I hear the door downstairs close.

"Y/N! Children! I'm home!"

"Daddy!" G/N leaps off the chair, nearly twisting her ankle as she runs downstairs to go and greet her father Alastor at the door.
S/N is a little slower to react, as he takes his time walking down the steps, and I join his side, hand on his shoulder as we step downstairs.

Just as Alastor finishes putting his coat up, he turns, his smiling widening as he instantly kneels, opening his arms for his little girl G/N to run into.

He scoops her up, spinning her, adorable laughter escaping her lips from the buytter. "I missed you my little fawn!" he kisses her cheek, holding her against his chest, tickling her stomach softly, more giggles exploding from her mouth.

S/N approaches Alastor, and he smiles down at him, ruffling his hair. "And how are you doing, my boy?"

S/N laughs softly, fixing the mess Alastor made of his hair. "I'm fine."

I smile, my heart warming at this beautiful father & children moment, staying silent to not disrupt it.
Soon, Alastor's red eyes meet mine, and he gently sets G/N down to approach me.

"I missed you," he kisses my cheek lovingly, and I blush.
"You too," I smile softly, feeling his lips press against mine, only to pull away and laugh hearing S/N's slight gagging noises, but G/N's awwing.

Alastor winks at me, before he takes his son and daughter's hands. "I smell dinner! Jambalaya tonight! My mother's recipe. Come on, let's go eat before it gets cold."

As he walks up the steps, he listens to G/N tell a story about what had happened to her today, Alastor making a few 'ooh' noises, sounding enthusiastic about hearing her little tale of the day.

I smile brightly, following them up the steps until we gather into the kitchen for dinner.

★★★

After dinner was eaten and dishes were cleaned, we all joined in the living room to sit by the crackling fire and listen to Alastor as he read another chapter from a family book we've started this week.

A tradition, Alastor beginning a new book for the family to enjoy. And every night, we read one chapter, sometimes two, depending on how good the story is.

But some nights, we'll gather and listen to the radio softly play, as Alastor sits and tell tales of his time when he was a young man, and a young boy.

Tonight though, after Alastor finished reading the chapter, he rises up from his rocking chair, motioning all of us to gather around him on the couch.

When he sits, G/N climbs on top his lap, S/N sits at his left side, and I join at his right.
Alastor's arm wraps around S/N, while his other hand combs his daughter's hair, as he begins to sing.

🎶"I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your hearts."🎶

He picks up G/N, booping her nose with his finger, before setting her next to her brother.
Alastor reaches over and pinches his son cheek softly.

🎶"In my heart, I have but one desire, and that one is you,"🎶 he gives each one of us a glance, smiling. 🎶"No other will do."🎶

He rises from the couch, taking my hand in his to stand with him, as he pulls me into a gentle slow dance.
G/N sits beside her brother, resting her head on his shoulder, her face beaming, as S/N smiles softly.

🎶"I've lost all ambition, for worldly acclaim, I just want to be the one you love," 🎶 he spins me, 🎶"and with your admission, that you feel the same, I'll have reached the goal I'm dreaming of, believe me."🎶

Alastor spins me, before we both open our arms for our two children to join us.
Alastor picks up S/N, while I pick up G/N.

🎶"I don't want to set the world on fire,"🎶 he sings softly, reaching over to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.
I can't help but lean into his touch a little.

🎶"I just want to start a flame...in your hearts."🎶 He finishes his song, before we all join in a group hug, our eyes shut and the smiles on our faces widening.

We're so blessed to be where we are today. Married, with two of the most beautiful children we could've ever asked for...

In the midst of the group hug, I open my eyes slowly, only to see the ghostly shadow of a young woman that I know all to well.

Elizabeth.

Her smile is soft and faraway, her eyes staring at me, nodding her head once, before she disappears with her hand placed over her heart.

I never see her again after that...

This moment, this experience--being married to Alastor, and having a family--it was all she ever wanted, and her hopes and dreams were stolen from her due to a bullet.

Her soul, unrested, hurting...can now finally rest.
She was reborn as me, and in this life, all her hopes and dreams came true.

I married Alastor, and had children with him.

I smile softly as Alastor pulls away, noticing that both G/N and S/N have sleepy eyes.
"I'll take them to bed," he takes both there hands, and leads them towards the second staircase to take them to there room.

When the three of them are gone, I sit on the couch, staring into the open space of the living room.

My mind fills with memories, and I see faint shadowy forms in the empty space.

A six year old me, clutching a stuff toy to my chest, staring up at the grinning red man, watching as he kneels before me, one arm propped on his knee.

Then, the memory of a ten year old version of me, sitting next to Alastor on a rock, laughing softly from a joke he told me, and his hand ruffling my hair a little, before my ten year old self nudges him.

Then, the memory of when I was eighteen, wearing my prom dress as he dances with me, trying to make me feel better from having my heart broken.

And finally...the memory of me at the age of twenty-six, staring up at him lovingly, as his hand caresses my cheek, before he kisses me.

The images fade away, the room going back to it's normal look.

I smile, lowering my eyes to the floor, my heart beating slow, and my chest warming.

I raise a hand to my chest. What a story...perhaps one day I should write it down, that way our story will be told for generations to come.

A soft chuckle escapes my lips.

I would always paint the pictures of my happily ever after in my head. Though they do not to compare to this.

In fact, I'm actually happy that my imagines didn't come true.
Because they wouldn't be as good as this one.
This...is too good to be true. And yet it is real.

Alastor is real. G/N and S/N are real...
They aren't in my imagination.

"Y/N?"

I glance over to the doorway to see Alastor, who smiles softly at me.
I smile, rising to my feet, taking his hand in mine before we walk down the hallway to go to sleep.

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn.

Happiness..is the spiritual experience
of living every minute with love, grace,
and gratitude...

★★★
THE END

And that is the end of "Only In My Fears."
THANK YOU FOR EXPERIENCING Y/N and Alastor's journey!❤🖤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.8K 3.1K 17
For all the Hazbin Hotel fans... After some *cough* unfortunate events up on earth, you've met your untimely death and woken up in Hell. But luckily...
52.9K 1.7K 29
⚠️warning; this story will contain language, gore, and some sensitive topics. ⚠️ Words- 69,681 A family of murders, what could go wrong? Growing up...
19.5K 775 17
"A very long time ago Lucifer and Lilith were together and after they had Charlie... Lucifer regretted the mistake of giving the Fruit of Knowledge t...