✨Only In My Fears✨ (Alastor x...

By ValerieWinks777

[SEQUEL TO ✨Only In My Imagination✨ Read book 1 first for better understanding🧡] Ever since Y/N was six ye... More

✨Prologue✨
Ch. 1 ✨A Day In The Afterlife✨
Ch. 2 ✨A Hazbin Cook-Off✨
Ch. 3 ✨The Exterminators✨
Ch. 4 ✨Donovan✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 5 ✨The Little Dog Demon✨
Ch. 6 ✨Advice From A Friend✨
Ch. 7 ✨An Attempt To Make You Smile✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 8 ✨Vox✨
Ch. 9 ✨Tea Time With Donovan✨
Ch. 10 ✨The Final Word✨
Ch. 11 ✨Collapse✨
Ch. 12 ✨Forgiveness✨
Ch. 13 ✨Searching For The Lost✨
Ch. 14 ✨Valentino✨
Ch. 15 ✨One's Promise✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 16 ✨True Colors✨
Ch. 17 ✨The Truth Is Served✨
Ch. 18 ✨Underground✨
Ch. 20 ✨Saving Him✨
Ch. 21 ✨Awaken✨
Ch. 22 ✨Our Moment✨
Ch. 23 ✨The Wedding Day✨
Ch. 24 ✨Honeymoon✨
✨Epilogue✨
✨The End✨

Ch. 19✨Face To Face✨

1.2K 33 20
By ValerieWinks777

*Y/N's POV*

Instinctively, Angel grabs my arm and yanks me partially behind him, his left hand gripping his pistol a little tighter. 

Donovan chuckles. "Though it is always a pleasure to see your beautiful face, I can't help but notice you were touching something that belongs to me," he raises his crystal ball in the air, summoning his shadow to take it somewhere else. 

Dread fills my stomach as I watch the shadow fly through the room, taking the ball with it. 

Angel glares at Donovan when he begins to step closer to us, his boots making a clicking sound against the polished floor, while his hands are clasped in front of him. 

"Now, what do you think you're doing, hmm? Couldn't get enough of me?"

"Fuck you," I growl, and he laughs. "You sound so adorable when you swear," he pushes past Angel to caress my chin, "quite lovely."

Angel pushes him away, causing Donovan to stumble a little, before standing up straight once again, looking at Angel as if he's ready to slaughter him. 

"Well, that was rude," he points out when suddenly, a black, long leather whip with a silver handle appears in Donovan's hand, his lips twisting into an evil smirk as he positions his feet. "Do you know what happens to those who disrespect me?"

He raises the whip, and that's when all hell breaks loose. 

Angel raises his guns to begin shooting, before he shouts in pain as the whip makes contact with his hand, making Angel drops his guns. Donovan leaps into the air, using his whip again to separate me from Angel. Standing in between me and him, he snaps his fingers, and before any of us could grab the guns, they melt into a pile of hot metal, becoming one giant mound in the polished floor.  

 Donovan turns to whip me, causing me to jump and trip, falling hard to the ground, before I roll out of the way of Donovan's whip coming down. It grazes my skin, leaving a giant red mark on my arm, and I shout out in pain. 

Angel runs up, jumping on Donovan's back to try and get the whip out of his grip. Donovan stumbles, his hands trying to pry Angel's arms away from him, before he manages to get Angel off balance, then using the whip to hurt Angel. 

I hear Angel shout, and rage makes me run and kick Donovan in his back, which causes him to stumble forward, before turning and throwing a punch right to the left temple of my head. 

The sudden contact makes my vision blurry, our surroundings spin, as a ringing sensation pulses through my ears, causing me to collapse on the ground, raising my hands to my head and gritting my teeth to try and make the pain go away. 

Donovan stands back up but is attacked by Angel again. He tackles him to the ground, the two of them rolling before Donovan flips him so that he's on top, blood drips from his bottom lip when Angel made contact with his fist. 

The expression on Donovan's face is pure fury, as he leans down closer to Angel, his voice becoming darker and more demonic by the second, and his gray eyes becoming black eyeballs, leaving no trace of white...

His teeth shape into sharp white fangs, as his hands extend and grow into long, thin, clawed fingers. 

Angel's eyes widen as he tries to get Donovan off of him, but it's too late. Donovan raises a fist, and with a growl, he knocks Angel out. Blood dripping from Angel's head onto the polished flooring, as he lays limp on the ground, his head tilted to the side.

I sit up, breathing heavily, my vision still a blur from Donovan's punch, but I can see plain as day Angel laying limp. Fear floods my chest as I try to crawl to him, forgetting all about Donovan. The only thing on my mind is to go see Angel, to make sure that he's still alive. 

I reach halfway, before a hand grips the back of my hair, lifting me off the ground. I scream, trying to pry Donovan's fingers from my hair, feeling the roots being ripped out of my skull by the second. 

Donovan breathes heavily, his eyes a black nothingness, his fangs sticking out of his mouth, as blood drips from his bottom lip and forehead, staining his clothes. 

He pulls me closer to his face, whispering menacingly. "Did you really think a little girl like yourself could beat me?" He hisses, squeezing my hair tighter. "You're nothing but pathetic, stupid bitch whose Alastor's little toy." He slams me to the ground, causing the wind to be knocked out of my lungs.

I gasp, trying to regain my breath, feeling Donovan kneel down and grab my hair again, lifting my upper half to meet his height. Blood stains my teeth, and bruises are all over my forehead. 

He smiles softly, raising a finger to caress my cheek. "You could have had and been so much more...if you chose me instead of him," he smirks, flicking one finger as if he's flicking a razor blade open. He pulls me closer. "But oh well, I guess. It'll be much more fun hearing you beg for mercy." He chuckles, trailing the sharp clawed finger down my neck, leaving a little cut which causes me to hiss. 

"I like to cut things," he whispers, his long, black muscle of a tongue slipping out of his mouth as he lingers near my ear. "It's one of my specialties, putting my mark on people's skins, seeing their blood...hearing their screams." Donovan shudders in delight from his own words, before I feel his tongue caress my ear, which causes me to flinch away. 

Though by fighting, I give him the pleasure of hurting me more. 

"I'll have quite fun with you, though," he whispers, "maybe I'll even let you live, with one of my permanent marks on your beautiful, soft...skin. But," he smiles, "I might just kill you in the end. I haven't decided yet. Though I suppose we'll see where it goes from here."

He drops me to the ground, before slipping on top and leaning over me, keeping me from escaping. "Now hold still and let me carve my name in your skin." 

★★★

*Alastor's POV*

I wander a dark world made from a black nothingness, my feet aimlessly leading me left and right, forward and backwards. Though no matter how long I walk, I see nothing. 

I glance around my surroundings, oddly feeling as if I'm in a familiar place...is this a dream? But nothing here gives me an answer. 

I look down at my hands, before I see a sudden flash of white before me, snapping my head back up, only to see my beloved Y/N standing there, smiling softly. 

Seeing her face floods my chest with relief as I try to approach her, but when I take two steps, she disappears through the ground, causing me to halt. And then, there's silence. No Y/N, nothing here at all...

I look around one last time, and that's when I hear it. 

A scream. A loud, horrid, scream from a woman's mouth. One I know all too well...

Y/N. 

Mixed with her faint, faraway screams, I hear another voice which makes my blood go cold. 

Donovan. 

"Let me carve my name in your skin..." he says, which has my eyes widen, hearing Y/N's scream intensify even more. 

Panic floods my chest, and that's when the world around me disappears, and I find myself sitting up in my bed, my eyes glancing around the familiar Hazbin Hotel room I've been staying in for weeks. 

I see Charlie sitting in a chair next to me, and when she sees my sudden movements, her head raises, and her eyes widen. "Alastor?"

"Where is she?! Where is Y/N?!" I shout, still hearing her screams deep within my skull. I try to get out of bed, but Charlie struggles to keep me down. "No! You need to stay!"

"Get off!" I push her to the ground, using this as my chance to grab my coat and run out of the hotel room. My legs can barely keep me up due to how long I've been bed ridden, but I force to push myself, running down the hotel steps and out onto Hell's streets, my shadow right alongside with me, the same panic on his face as well. 

I snap my fingers, and a portal that will lead me to Donovan's house appears before me. 

I need to save her...I need to defeat him once and for all. 

I may be weak still, and my powers limited, but I'm still standing, and that's the worst mistake anyone can make. For while I still stand, I'll make sure to end anything that dare threatens me, or Y/N. 

I jump through the portal. 

★★★

*Y/N's POV*

I fight to keep Donovan razor sharp hands away from me, and it only infuriates him even more, to the point where he looks like he's ready to kill me. 

"You little brat!" He shouts, raising his hand to smack me. I shut my eyes, bracing myself for the contact, but it never comes. Instead, I hear the sudden shouts of Donovan, and feel him fly off of me, and crash into a wall to my right. 

I gasp, sitting up seeing Donovan hunched over, cracks in the wall from how hard his back hit it. 

I look left, and my eyes widen when I see whose standing there, his eyes shaped into radio dials, his hands glowing green as four tentacle arms emerge from the ground behind him, awaiting his order to attack. 

"Alastor?!" I say, but he doesn't respond, his eyes are locked entirely on Donovan, who's trying to get up, but failing. 

Alastor snaps his fingers, and the tentacle arms fly past him, attacking Donovan viciously, grabbing each one of his limps, lifting him up in the air and playing tug of war. 

Alastor extends his arms, and when he throws his arms down, the tentacles slam Donovan to the ground, skidding him throughout the flooring. 

I scramble to get on my feet and rush to Angel who is still laying limp on the floor. I kneel beside him, touching his face, feeling his pulse. Relief floods me when I feel a heartbeat. 

"Angel? Angel wake up!" I try to get him to wake up by tapping his cheeks, shaking his shoulders, but he doesn't flutter a single eyelid. 

I drop him, panic and fear flooding my chest as I watch Alastor attack Donovan mercilessly. I watch Alastor's body language, his facial expressions. All this power he's using is draining him rapidly. He doesn't have much time before he can't continue any longer. 

I look at every corner of this room, trying to find something, anything, to use to destroy Donovan. Then, I see a glint of a sparkling ball. 

I gasp, looking up to see the crystal ball on top of a seven-row shelf in the corner. 

I force myself to get on my weak knees, running towards the shelf, and beginning my climb. The shelf shakes and shudders as my body weight is on it, each time my hands pull me up, the shelf nearly falls forward. 

I reach the top, using one arm to reach for the ball, but during the process the shelf begins to slowly fall forward. I scream, letting go and jumping away when it makes contact to the floor, shattering into a hundred splinters. 

The noise distracts Alastor, his eyes falling on me, leaving himself open to be hit by Donovan's whip and getting thrown across the room. 

"Alastor!" I scream, wanting to run to him, to protect him, but the crystal ball rolling on the floor makes me jump up and run after it. 

"That's it! I'm through playing games!" Donovan screams, when an angelic sword appears in his hand. "It's time to finish this! ONCE AND FOR ALL!" 

He lunges to attack Alastor, who uses his microphone staff to block the sword from making contact with his body. Alastor gets on his feet, his only protection from the sword his staff, as he blocks each and every one of Donovan's attacks. 

I slide across the floor, grabbing the crystal ball, relief and joy flooding my chest knowing I finally have it, and nothing will take it from me. 

I rise to my feet, holding the ball in the air. "DONOVAN!" I scream, which causes both Alastor and Donovan to stop, their heads turning towards me as I hold Donovan's source of his powers in my hands. 

Donovan's eyes widen, fear flooding his face. "No..."

His weakness. This crystal ball. I finally have the upperhand of this bastard. 

Alastor runs and approaches me, for a moment, he looks as if he wants to hug me and kiss me, but he knows now is not the time for it. He comes to my side, and stands there, his eyes locked on Donovan's scared face. 

I'm breathless, panting, bruised and bloody, but I hold the ball tightly in my hands, ready to smash it within seconds, ready to officially end this nightmare once and for all. 

"N-now now, Y/N," Donovan chuckles nervously, "y-you wouldn't want to destroy my most prized possession, would you?"

I raise it higher.

"NO!" he screams, "Please! Don't!" he sounds desperate, his voice full of fear, making his vocal cords tighten by the second as sweat runs down his brow. 

I clench the ball in my hands, inhaling a deep breath as I begin to lower my arms to smash it. 

"No!" he screams, summoning an angelic knife and throwing it. Directly towards my chest. I gasp, before I feel a pair of hands push me aside, making me fall to the ground. 

The ball...shatters. And a loud, horrid scream fills the air. 

"NO! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Donovan screams, collapsing onto the floor, kicking, screaming, clawing, his powers being drained from his body by the second. 

I sit up, seeing Donovan, before my eyes widen when I see Alastor. Standing there, one hand raising to delicately touch the hilt of the knife that just struck his chest. 

He grips it, yanking it out of his chest as he hisses through his teeth, his knees going weak as he then collapses onto the ground, blood dripping from his chest. 

"NO!" I scream, crawling to him, flipping him onto his back. "No no no Alastor! Please!" 

I'm screaming, panicked, my world crashing before me from just one knife being struck into the chest of my love, Alastor. An Angelic blade...the only thing that can kill demons and Overlords. 

I hold him tight in my arms, tears streaming down my face. "Stay with me, Alastor STAY WITH ME!" 

His red eyes meet mine, his smiling softening ever so slightly as he raises a hand to touch my cheek. A vision of when I was Elizabeth flashes before my eyes. Of when she threw herself in front of Alastor to take the bullet, and him screaming at her to stay with him, begging her to live...

That memory is relieved again, except in this life, Alastor was the one to take the blade to protect me. He did this on purpose...

"Please," I whisper, my voice cracking as I sob, "don't leave me..."

He takes my hand, kissing my knuckles softly. "I told you...I would always protect you."

I cry even harder. 

"It's alright," he whispers, "everything is going to be fine; I promise you. Just...remember to smile, okay my love? You're...never fully dressed...without a smile." 

His hand slips out of mine, as I feel his body slowly sink, his final breath leaving his lips. 

Lifeless. Dead. 

"Al?" I raise a hand to touch his face, hoping that his eyes will open like they always do whenever I caress his face. But nothing happens. His eyes stay shut. 

He's...gone. 

"No," I croak, "no no no," I lean down and hug him tightly, sobbing against his chest, the world around me seeming to disappear, until it's just me...and him. 

Memories of him and I flash before my eyes, of when I was a seven-year-old and I made him a little tiara woven from flowers, giving it to him to wear, which he did. Of when I was fourteen and had lost a talent contest, and him comforting me. Of when I was eighteen, when my prom was ruined by Jason, and Alastor granting me my very own prom with him as my dance partner. Of when he took care of me when I was sick when I was twenty-six. 

I replay all those memories, all the first moments between us that hold my heart. Our kiss, our confessions of love, our excitement for the future. 

All our hopes, all our dreams...gone. 

I continue to sob, hearing Donovan's screams and horrid sobbing as well off in the distance, and the sound of boots approaching. I look up and see Angel, whose finally awake, though he has a black eye and cuts all over his face and forehead. 

His eyes widen when he sees Alastor, and me, and he doesn't ask what's wrong. He already knows...

Exhaling a breath, he bends down and grabs the knife, turning to look at Donovan. "Shut your eyes," he whispers to me, which I do. I bury my face back into Alastor's chest, sobbing as I listen to Angel approach the frantic Donovan, only for Donovan's sobs and screams to be silenced with a final gurgle, before everything falls silent. 

It's done...Donovan is dead. 

But we still lost. 

Angel approaches me again, placing his hand on my back to comfort me, though I don't feel comfort. The pain is true strong to feel any sort of comfort... 

I raise my head, kissing Alastor's now cold lips one last time, squeezing his hands in mine.

I'm screaming on the inside, begging, pleading whatever force stronger than me to revive Alastor. I want to see his smile, hear his silly dad jokes with an old timey pun, I want to dance with him...I want us to get our happily ever after. 

I exhale a shuddering breath, clenching my hands into fists at my sides, before something clicks in my head.

Lucifer. 

I raise my head, turning to look at Angel. "Lucifer is the King of Hell."

Angel furrows a brow. "...uh, yeah, so?"

I rise to my feet. "Stay here."

"Wha?! Y/N!-"

I snap my fingers and teleport out of Donovan's home and return to the demon ridden streets of Pentagram city. 

There is a chance to save Alastor, I can feel it in my blood. Lucifer is the king of Hell, a fallen angel as well. His power must be beyond incredible. 

He must know how to revive a soul, there HAS to be some sort of ritual. And I'm going to find out. 

I won't lose Alastor. This is NOT how our story will end. I will do anything...to make sure that our story gets it's happily ever after. 

No matter what it takes, Alastor will not leave me. I'm not going to wait centuries just for his soul to possibly be reborn into another man. I'll bring him back. This can't be our end, for this is just our beginning... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 843 20
"𝘖𝘩, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨... 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦?" "𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥, 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 �...
19.7K 779 17
"A very long time ago Lucifer and Lilith were together and after they had Charlie... Lucifer regretted the mistake of giving the Fruit of Knowledge t...
428K 11.8K 73
A vengeful soul on Earth is damned for eternity in Hell and there resumes her sadistic fun, becoming well known and recruited as an overlord. But gho...
55.4K 1.4K 19
🍎Radioapple story📻🎶 After the fight with Adam, and successfully winning! Lucifer decided to stay at the hotel to spend more time with his daughter...