✨Only In My Fears✨ (Alastor x...

Av ValerieWinks777

[SEQUEL TO ✨Only In My Imagination✨ Read book 1 first for better understanding🧡] Ever since Y/N was six ye... Mer

✨Prologue✨
Ch. 1 ✨A Day In The Afterlife✨
Ch. 2 ✨A Hazbin Cook-Off✨
Ch. 3 ✨The Exterminators✨
Ch. 4 ✨Donovan✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 5 ✨The Little Dog Demon✨
Ch. 6 ✨Advice From A Friend✨
Ch. 7 ✨An Attempt To Make You Smile✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 8 ✨Vox✨
Ch. 9 ✨Tea Time With Donovan✨
Ch. 10 ✨The Final Word✨
Ch. 11 ✨Collapse✨
Ch. 12 ✨Forgiveness✨
Ch. 14 ✨Valentino✨
Ch. 15 ✨One's Promise✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 16 ✨True Colors✨
Ch. 17 ✨The Truth Is Served✨
Ch. 18 ✨Underground✨
Ch. 19✨Face To Face✨
Ch. 20 ✨Saving Him✨
Ch. 21 ✨Awaken✨
Ch. 22 ✨Our Moment✨
Ch. 23 ✨The Wedding Day✨
Ch. 24 ✨Honeymoon✨
✨Epilogue✨
✨The End✨

Ch. 13 ✨Searching For The Lost✨

1.2K 34 21
Av ValerieWinks777

*Few Days Later*
*Y/N's POV*

"...demise, demise, mmm, oh, here we go," I groan under my breath, going through my fifth book today, and bracing myself to read a sixth book.

I raise a hand to the bridge of my nose, feeling exhausted to the core from how much I've read in just three days.
My head hurts, I've barely had time to eat or sleep.

Alastor's been trying to help as much as he can, but he's still bed ridden and is only able to read for about half an hour before a sick spell comes over him and he falls asleep again.

So, its mostly just been me and Angel trying to figure this out.
None of these books have any information on this...demise thing. Nothing that I don't already know.

I lower my book, exhaling a sigh before I hear Angel come into the library I've been living in for the past three days.

"Y/N," he puts both hands on my shoulders, "you need to break."
"No," I shrug him off, picking the book back up. "I need to find the answers."

He sighs, coming to the front of me and pulling the book out of my hands.

"Angel!"

"Look, your not gonna find any info in these books," he tosses the book to the floor before sitting on the table. "This shit was always hush hush."

I stare up at Angel, before I flop my head in my hands.
"Why is there always something stopping me at every damn turn?" I mumble to myself.

Angel puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. "There there, toots, it'll be alright. But hey," he smirks, leaning down towards me, "you still got me."

"Joy," I roll my eyes sarcastically, rising from my chair and going towards the left side of the library, searching for more books.
Angel sits quietly behind me, eyes staring down at the wooden flooring beneath us.

I raise a hand to my chin, the wheels in my head turning.
"This is something that effects Overlords, right?" I turn towards Angel.

He looks up at me, shrugging before laying on the table, throwing his arms out. "So far, that's what it's been known for," he raises a hand, looking at his nails, "but hell, it could happen to any damned sinner down here."

"And nobody knows the root cause of it?" I ask. How the hell can something this threatening not be known more. Why does nobody know the answers as to WHY it happens?

Angel furrows his brow, bringing a finger to his chin, deep in thought. "That's a tricky one, toots," he responds, sighing and over- exaggerated breath. "This is making my head hurt," he whines like a little kid.

I set a book down on the table beside him. "How do you think I feel?" I respond, sitting down and putting my elbows on the table, chewing on my bottom lip.

There has to be someone who knows more about this...knows why it happens, and knows how to fix it.

Suddenly, something sparks in my heads.

Overlords.

I look at Angel, "the guy you work for, Valentino, isn't he an overlord?"
Angel sighs, annoyed, "why the fuck you bringing him up?"

"Just answer my question," I pressure.
Angel sighs again, shutting his eyes, clenching a fist.
"Yes, he is," he says through a little voice.

Wires begin to connect to one another in my head.
I rise from my chair. Someone like Valentino has a lot of...employees.
Every employee that goes out comes back...

Some...with certain pieces of valuable information.
"What if Valentino knows?" I look at Angel, hope rising in my chest for the first time in weeks, "maybe I can go-"

"No!" he grabs my shoulders, the look of pure fear in his eyes, "you are not going to him."

"What if its my only chance?" I protest, "I need to take it."
Angel's face shapes from fear, to now a burning anger I've never seen him wear before, his hands squeezing into my shoulders.

It makes my eyes widen, and my heart pound out of a little fear.

"You think you can just waltz into Val's studios?" he says, in a angered, shaky, tone. "He'll see you as just another pawn he can give around for a quick cash grab."

Angel let's me go, clenching fists at his side.
"If he wants you, he'll take you any chance he gets, Y/N," his eyes meet mine, his one black eye seeming to dim slightly.

"I can't let that happen to you...like it happened to me," he whispers, his gaze falling to the floor as he wraps his four arms around himself.
I approach him gently, seeing the pain, all the scars by just the expression on his face.

I know about the abuse, the control...I know it all.
I hug Angel, comfortingly. By now, its not about me wanting to go see Valentino for information.

In this moment, it's just me, trying to be there for Angel. Trying to show him that he's my friend...
Angel's surprised by the sudden hug, and he tenses a little, before exhaling, hugging me back.

"You're going to go, aren't you?" he whispers.
I nod.

He squeezes me a little tighter. "I'll go with you."

"No," I pull away, "I need to do this myself."

"Y/N-"

"Don't forget," I raise a finger, "I'm Alastor's fiance. Everyone in Hell knows that."
"But there are enemies out there that don't care," he protests, obviously annoyed at my determination.

I smirk a little, glancing down at my hands that glow a light green.

"Anything Alastor can do," the room darkens around us, "I can too."
Angel's eyes widen, seeing the sudden flicker of the lights going out, my hands glowing green.

But his expression changes to complete shock when he sees my face, which has now shaped into my demon form, with black eyes, a wide smile, and sharp fangs.

I come across as terrifying, something I try not, because naturally, I don't want to scare people.

But in this situation, when I'm going to go face someone like Valentino...

It's time to do what Alastor always says.
Harden my heart, and show that no one can walk over me.

Time to show dominance.

I shape back into my human form, the lights around us turning back on.
Angel's stares at me, bewilderment on his face.

"You know...if Al finds out, he's going to kill me," Angel points out.
I shake my head. "He won't find out," I reach over and grab my coat, before going to Angel. "Keep an eye on Alastor for me. If he wakes up and asks where I am, tell him I'm out getting some groceries, okay?"

Angel nods, and as I suddenly turn to walk out of the door, he grips my wrist, his nails digging in my skin slightly.

"Y/N?"

I look at him.

He inhales a breath, his eyes meeting mine, in one last attempt to keep me here. Though it doesn't work.
He sees my determination, that my love for Alastor is pushing me to do dangerous deeds, just to save Alastor.

He sighs softly. "Please...be careful."
He let's my wrist go, turning and walking out of the door, shutting it behind him.

I stare at the closed door, my wrist slightly stinging from where Angel grabbed me.
I shut my eyes, clenching a fist and turning to leave.

When I step onto Hell's streets, I throw the hood of my coat over my head.
Time to pay Valentino a little visit.

★★★
*Angel's POV*

I lean against the balcony railing, smoking on my second cigarette in less then ten minutes.
Panic has seized my chest, making my hands shake as I grip the balcony railing.

I hate myself for allowing her to just walk out the door and head into the wolf's den.
My cigarette is down to its last smoke, and I flick it, reaching for one more.

She doesn't know what she's doing, or how foolish her idea really is. I wanted to stop her, any means necessary.
But when I saw that look in her eyes...that strong, burning determination to do anything and everything just to save Alastor...

It made me realize something.
I sigh, dropping my head down on the railing.

Love is a powerful emotion...capable of making someone go to insane measures.
I glance down at the city beneath me, seeming to appear smaller from how high up I am.

I feel the same, but I feel it towards my pet pig, Fat Nuggets.
But right now, I find myself starting to feel it towards Y/N, too.

I rise from the balcony, and go into Alastor's room.
He's asleep, laying on his left side.

My fingers dig in the wall.

You have no fucking clue, do you? I say in my head, you have no idea what Y/N is doing right now, that Y/N is risking herself to save your sorry ass once again...

My hand falls from the wall, and I cross my arms, staring at Alastor.
I've always felt jealous, that's something that's been engrained in me ever since I've arrived in Hell.

But this jealousy is different.
I'm jealous that someone like Alastor has found love. Has found someone whose willing to do everything and anything for him. To keep him happy...to keep him safe.

And here I stand...still searching for that, and unable to reach it.

I turn away, exhaling as I walk down the stairs of the hotel.

But that's who I am, Valentino's top star. I'm good at what I do, and people love me for it.
No, wrong choice of words. They don't love me...they love it.

I don't think I'll ever find what Alastor has...something that good.
I'm lucky enough to have an Atlantis like this hotel.
To keep me away from him for just a few peaceful moments.

So...I guess I'm forced to just continue this dance I've foolishly signed up for.
I'll put on my mask of flirts and smirks, and bury myself once again.

I'll keep swallowing this poison...and live like there's no tomorrow.

When I hit the hallway, I see Husker.
A smirk forms on my face, and I say a flirt.

My shield...

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

49.8K 1.7K 31
"You must be her." The gentleman in the center said. His already present smile widening into a toothy grin as he tipped his hat to you. "Enchantée." ...
18K 829 12
"May I rise?" His question posed. "You may." He took your hand and placed a soft kiss upon your knuckles as a sign of respect, before standing befor...
11.1K 182 20
This story has a lot of angst, fluff, slight smut, and a lot of abuse. ships: Chaggie🍎❌, Appleradio🍎📻 This story is about: Alastor, a demon who ha...