✨Only In My Fears✨ (Alastor x...

By ValerieWinks777

[SEQUEL TO ✨Only In My Imagination✨ Read book 1 first for better understanding🧡] Ever since Y/N was six ye... More

✨Prologue✨
Ch. 1 ✨A Day In The Afterlife✨
Ch. 2 ✨A Hazbin Cook-Off✨
Ch. 3 ✨The Exterminators✨
Ch. 4 ✨Donovan✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 6 ✨Advice From A Friend✨
Ch. 7 ✨An Attempt To Make You Smile✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 8 ✨Vox✨
Ch. 9 ✨Tea Time With Donovan✨
Ch. 10 ✨The Final Word✨
Ch. 11 ✨Collapse✨
Ch. 12 ✨Forgiveness✨
Ch. 13 ✨Searching For The Lost✨
Ch. 14 ✨Valentino✨
Ch. 15 ✨One's Promise✨
✨(Bonus Chapter)✨
Ch. 16 ✨True Colors✨
Ch. 17 ✨The Truth Is Served✨
Ch. 18 ✨Underground✨
Ch. 19✨Face To Face✨
Ch. 20 ✨Saving Him✨
Ch. 21 ✨Awaken✨
Ch. 22 ✨Our Moment✨
Ch. 23 ✨The Wedding Day✨
Ch. 24 ✨Honeymoon✨
✨Epilogue✨
✨The End✨

Ch. 5 ✨The Little Dog Demon✨

1.4K 35 11
By ValerieWinks777

*Few Days Later*
*Y/N's POV*

"I brought you some lemon tea, in case you were thirsty," I approach the Dog Demon slowly, because she still flinches away as if I'm holding a whip.

I sit beside her on the couch, passing the sweet and tangy, hot tea to her.
Her tiny black paws wrap around the cup gingerly, raising the rim to meet her lips as she takes one little sip.

From head to toe, she's covered in black fur, her brown eyes holding a frightened stare as she continues to glance around the room, in fear that Alastor will emerge from the shadows and hurt her.

I will admit, Alastor hasn't been making this easy on me.

It took me an entire day of arguing and pleading him to allow this demon to stay here until we figure out what we should do with her.

I don't have the heart to send her back out onto Hell's crime ridden streets, though Alastor thinks that's the best way to go.

After a day of arguing with him, he finally allowed the demon to stay here, but demanded that I hurry and figure out a plan, and that I make sure that the demon stays out of his sight for the time being.

So today, when Alastor went to his broadcasting tower, I knew it was the perfect time to get to know the demon a little bit better, to understand her situation before I decide initially what's the best way to go.

"So, do you have a name?" I ask after a moment of silent.
Her brown eyes meet mine, staring at me nervously for a moment before swallowing the lump in her throat and letting out a tiny whisper.

"Nellie."

"Nellie, well, Nellie," I clear my throat, "my name is Y/N." I hold out my hand to shake hers, but I recoil my hand after an awkward moment of her not responding to my shake.

I clear my throat once more. "If it isn't too much...maybe you can tell me a little bit about yourself."

Her eyes meet mine, holding my stare for a silent second, before doing one quick nod of approval.

"What do you want to know?" She asks, her voice tiny and soft.

"Well, for starters, how old are you?" I ask this first because she seems to be too small to be an older demon, and her voice sounds a little bit like a child's voice.

"I'm twelve," she responds, which has my jaw drop to the floor.
Twelve?! She's twelve years old?!

Nellie sees the shock expression on my face and she quickly stutters out, "I didn't die, I...I was born here."

Wait... BORN?!

I stare at her for several silent seconds waiting for her to continue, which she does.

"M-my parents were criminals in their human life and they died in a car chase back in the 60s," she says "And down here they had me."

She raises a paw behind her neck rubbing it up and down in a nervous manner.
How can demons even have kids down here?! Is it even possible?! well I mean there is Lucifer and his daughter Charlie, maybe it is possible, in some strange, twisted way.

"Where are your parents now?" I ask, noticing how she flinches a little of the mention of them.
I open my mouth to apologize, before her voice cuts in.

"They ditched me," she says through a shaky exhale of breath, her fingers tightly curling on the cup she holds, as her body sinks further into the couch's cushioning.

"I've been by myself for about six years now," she finishes.

My eyes widen.
How could a parent do that to their child? Even a demon parent? Do they have no compassion at all because their hearts are entirely eaten by the darkness?

I stare at Nellie, the wheels in my head turning as slowly, a plan forms in my head.
"Have you heard of the Hazbin Hotel?" I ask.
She shakes her head.

I rise to my feet. "It's a safe haven for demons who want to redeem themselves that way they can go to Heaven," I extend my hand for her to take, "does that sound like a place you'd like to be?"

"A chance to go to Heaven?" Nellie repeats, her brown dog eyes widening, before she exhales a hopeless breath. "It sounds like a pipe dream."

"Not entirely," I take her hand, "and someone like you, I think you can be redeemed in no time."

"Bu-"

I tug her up, smiling down at her softly, feeling hope rise in my chest that I very well might have this demon saved.
"I want to help you. Because I can see that deep down, you don't belong here. You didn't have a choice up until now."

I squeeze her hand in an encouraging way. "So, do you want to go to Heaven? Do you think you can do it?"

She stares up at me for a moment, the expressions on her face changing from hopeless, to curious, to then determined before she nods, a confident smile on her face.

I lead her outside of my home, and we head for the hotel that's just a ten minute walk from here.

Soon, Alastor will see that I'm right, and that there are demons down here who can be saved and redeemed, and given a new chance.

He'll see soon enough. I'll make sure of it.

★★★

When the doors to the hotel open, I see Angel Dust trying to challenge Husker to a drinking competition, Vaggie and Charlie sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace.

And Alastor, leaning against the wall, stack of papers in his hands as he reads them quietly, while the fires light shines on him, making him glow slightly.

Charlie is the first one to see us, and she stands up. "Y/N?" she approaches us, her eyes falling on the Dog Demon Nellie who stands beside me.
Nellie takes a step back, nervous.

"It's okay," Charlie leans down, hands on her knees as she tries to smile for the scared demon, "I won't hurt you."

"Where did you find her?" Vaggie asks. I open my mouth to speak, before Alastor's static, disapproved voice fills the air, answering Vaggie's question before I even get the chance to do so.

"Y/N thought would be a WONDERFUL idea to risk her life to save that THING the day the exterminators arrived," Alastor hisses, his tone delivering a hint of acid to make sure he gets his disapproval across.

I glare at Alastor, before Charlie speaks.
"That was really brave of you, Y/N," she smiles, patting my hand, "I'm proud of you."

I smile softly. At least someone is proud for what I did, and not scolding me every chance they get, like Alastor is doing.

Charlie takes Nellie's hand, and with soft words, she leads her to the other end of the room to discuss paperwork with Nellie to get her assigned for a room.

Vaggie joins them, and when the office door close, that's when Alastor approaches me.

"Do not tell me you actually care for that flea ridden pest," Alastor whispers in a low, dark tone.

I try not to show my rage at his continuous disappointment. "You said you wanted her out of the house as soon as possible, this was the only solution I could think of that was safe."

I meet his hardened gaze, which only fuels my anger more. "Why can't you just let it go?"

Alastor laughs aloud, but it's a joyless sound. "Do you realize who you are talking to?" he turns towards me, "I do not let things go. I hold onto them for as long as is necessary, and with this little incident," he leans closer to me, one finger tucked under my chin, lifting my head to meet his cold, blood red eyes.

"I tend to hold onto this for a very, very long time."

He turns away, walking towards the exit with his shadow following.

"You may stay, if you'd like. Just don't keep me waiting too long."

The doors slam shut behind him without him even touching the door knobs. When I feel like he's completely gone, I exhale a shuddering breath, raising my arms to wrap around myself.

Angel saw everything, and he rises from his stool and comes to me, his eyes locked on the now shut doors with the look of disgust and annoyance in his stare.

"shit... Smiles been a real asshole lately," he looks down at me, "you all right toots?"

"I don't know," I exhale, raising my head to look up at the eight foot tall white and pink spider demon.

"It seems like there's something going on with Alastor, and no matter what I say or do, nothing fixes it. Plus it doesn't make it any easier when he doesn't open up to me about his problems," I grumble, digging my finger nails in my arms.

"Al's that type," Angel shrugs, "you know, the type that wants to appear invincible to the world, and the type to hide their emotions with masks and false words."

"I don't even know if it's even that," I mumble to myself.
If anything I think Alastor is afraid of losing control. He wants me to be his delicate flower that is displayed for his enjoyment only, no voice no opinion.

And when I act like that, he treats me like I'm the woman he fell in love with. Like I'm his Queen, his entire world.
But when I have a voice and speak my mind and my beliefs, he shuts me out, turns a cold shoulder as if I'm a stranger.

My insides twist before I glance up at Angel.
This no doubt is probably the worst thing to ask, especially when I'm asking someone like Angel Dust, but maybe he knows a thing or two about things like this.

I inhale a breath

"Want to sit at the bar for a while? I need your advice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 829 12
"May I rise?" His question posed. "You may." He took your hand and placed a soft kiss upon your knuckles as a sign of respect, before standing befor...
28.9K 546 24
A two-part hazbin hotel love story. You arrived in hell because of a sad incident. Why is Alastor so interested in you? Does Alastor has a connection...
142K 2.5K 79
Alastor x reader imagines!!!! requests are welcomed always! Have fun either reading an imagine, seeing random photos I've found of Alastor, or watch...
153K 4.1K 35
Ever since Y/N was a little girl, she would dream of a strange man, always dressed in a red suit, with a frightening smile, who closely resembled a d...