Warden Welsknight AU (One-Sho...

By GoatemInc

If this gets popular enough, I might do a whole story surrounding this idea- But I got it from a piece of ar... More

Warden Welsknight

13 1 0
By GoatemInc

     Hypno put in his frozen shard in the barrel and stepped back to watch the Deep Frost animation for the door. Jevin bounced behind him on the scoreboard parkour before wishing him luck. He waved him off and walked through the door once it opened and put all his stuff in the chest minus his deck and a single porkchop. He pricked himself in the berry bush and set his spawn before walking into the difficulty room, munching on his porkchop.

     He pressed Deadly for his difficulty and placed his deck shulker box against the glowstone block. The piston broke the shulker and some sounds played before a minecart appeared on the rail to his right. He climbed into it and pressed the button to power the rail below him. The minecart rode through the tunnel to the start of the game.

     When he got ejected from the cart, he stepped off the pressure plate that started the game. He walked forward and picked up his map and compass. He held the map in one hand and turned the compass over in his hand to check what level he was going to. "Level Four?! No!" He whined. He hadn't gone to Level Four just yet, not properly at least. He sighed and started making his way through the first level.

     "Alright. Gimme the keys." He found a key to the Caves of Carnage fairly quickly and juked the ravagers easily. They were actually in decent spots for his first run of the day. He ate the berries he picked from Level One as he made his his way downstairs to top up his stamina.

     Hypno looked out at the Mushroom Area best he could from where he was. It didn't look like the ravagers were too close to him, which was a plus. They were probably closer to the Amethyst Cave. Sighing softly, hoping the ravager was in a jukable place, the hypnotist crouched and made his way up to the Spider Den to get the berries before starting toward Mushroom.

     Making his way through Mushrooms, Hypno saw the ravager bouncing around in Amethyst. Muttering a quiet curse, he hugged the opposite wall and just hoped the ravager wouldn't see him. He made it to Dripleaf without being spotted and was about to make the first jump before the dungeon called out a card. "Reckless Charge." Loud, deep and ominous, as all the card call outs were.

     "Alright, I guess I have to then," He dropped down to where Tactical Tickle was before climbing up the glow berry vine in the corner, setting off the shrieker and getting himself ten queued up frost embers. He sighed in relief to see he made it in time. He ate the couple berries he had to top off his health before practically flying through the Dripleaf parkour.

     "Alright, are we getting daytime or nighttime Willie?" Hypno asked himself as he peered out across the lake. A trident hit the wall beside his head, making him jump before diving into the lake to head around to the other side. "Found him!" He said to himself breathlessly as his head broke the surface of the water on the other side of the lake.

     The blonde quickly climbed up onto the ship in the middle of the lake to check the treasure spots from above. He was looking for a key down into the Black Mines. "C'mon, show me keys." He went to the other end of the ship to check the alcove treasure spots. When he didn't see anything, he went downstairs to the ship but didn't get any keys, only coins.

     "C'mon. You did me so well with the first key." He felt like the dungeon laughed at him as it announced a Stumble. "Okay, rude." He sighed before diving into the water and going around the ship to the level Three door. he jumped out of the water to walk around to the Dripstone area. As always, he hit the shrieker while jumping across the mini lava ravine.

     He slowly snuck around the corner to check the little room. As soon as he turned the corner, he saw a key to the Black Mines. "Yes! Thank you!" He quickly picked up the key along with the crown and two coins that were there. He quickly turned to go back to the door to Level Three. Opening the barrel, Hypno dropped the key in and slipped through the door before crouching down the stairs.

     Once he made it to Level Three, he didn't dare stop crouching and stepping softly. He continuously crouched along the level, looking for loot spots. Of course, with his luck, he got two Reckless Charge's to play while he was down on level Three. "Come on, you choose now to do this?" He sighed and checked the few loot spots he knew of, only finding coins and crowns, along with the occasional frost ember.

     "Alright, where are these keys." He whispered to himself as he went. A Treasure Hunter card played and he nodded to himself before continuing down the center corridor. It appeared as though the Wardens were down on the middle or bottom floors. He was starting to get concerned about how lucky he was getting, minus Willie on Level Two. "I don't know why you're helping me so much this run, but I don't like it. Stop being so nice."

     He got a Stumble in response, which he grumbled about. "Okay okay fine. Rude." He mumbled out before turning a corner and seeing a Burning Dark key just sitting on the ground. "You really want me to go to Level Four as quick as possible, huh." He picked up the key before making his way to the interjection of the three floors on Level Three before locating the barrel.

     He quickly put the key in the barrel and quietly cursed as he got blindness. He crouched close to the drop the Level Four, waiting and listening. He heard the TNT drop, then blow up. After waiting a few seconds, Hypno jumped down. He landed on the carpeted powdered snow and had almost instant blindness. The ambient sounds of Level Four were spooky enough, did Tango need to add spooky boss music?

     As he snuck through Level Four, he kept an eye on his compass best he could with the blindness. Moving through the level, the ambient sounds, and subsequently the boss music, got louder and more echoey. He almost wanted to turn back and just leave. but with a warden nearby, he got blinded pretty quick. He froze in his tracks when he heard heavy footsteps coming closer to him.

     He continued to move forward, turning corners every chance he got to try and get away from the footsteps. They were too heavy for a player but too light to be a mob. Or at least one of the Level Four wardens. Frankly though, Hypno didn't want to find out. He continued deeper into the level, not even paying any attention to his compass, only wanting to get as far away from the footsteps as possible.

     Suddenly, the footsteps were gone though. The hypnotist didn't linger on the thought, looking down at the compass in his hand. He was close, surprisingly. He eventually found the drop location and dropped the compass on the deepslate. Less than a second later, he picked up the artifact that was dropped; The Master's Key. A quiet sigh left his lips as he turned to leave Level Four.

     He didn't get far before a heavy weight landed on the ground behind him. the weight clunked heavily, the sound of armor echoing around the entire level. The sound made the player's blood run cold. He didn't get the chance to turn around since a foot collided with his back, pushing him forward and nearly knocking him to the ground. Panic set in as he stopped sneaking to run to where the exit was.

     The footsteps from before were back, much closer to him this time. Unfortunately, he ended up running himself into a dead-end. "No, nononono..!" He whispered to himself as the footsteps slowed to a stop behind him. The sound of metal sliding against metal-laced leather ran a shiver down his spine as he finally turned around to face his assailant.

     Golden eyes met bright blue. At first, he didn't recognize his close friend, not with how covered in skulk he'd become. "W-Wels?" His voice rose in pitch, but it was still quiet, like a whisper. The knight he called his friend didn't reply. He only raised the sword he'd unsheathed over his head. Hypno yelped and quickly ducked to the side, barely dodging the glimmering Netherite blade.

     The skulk covered knight didn't say anything still, only turned as the hypnotist scrambled past him. Hypno ran as quickly as he could, away from the knight who was now chasing him. "What're you doin on Level Four of Decked Out, dude?!" He stopped caring about being quiet, only wanting to get out.

     He usually wasn't able to outrun the knight, not even when he was able to see. But here? In the deepest and darkest level of Decked Out? With wardens close enough to blind him almost permanently? He had no chance. The knight caught up with him easily, like he knew these halls. Hypno wouldn't be too surprised if he did, though, especially if he was down here for the last few months.

     He regretted getting distracted by the thought; the knight swung his sword and barely missed Hypno's back. The runner yelped and slipped around a corner, ducking under a walkway. He took a tick of damage in the fire on the way through. Quickly hiding behind a wall of deepslate, he slapped a hand over his mouth to quiet his heavy breathing.

     He was hoping the knight wouldn't find him and he'd be able to make a mad dash for the exit. Of course, his dungeon luck turned around on Level Four as he heard a warden nearby get angry. He hoped it wasn't mad at him, but he knew there wasn't really anyone else it could be angry at. The thought of Wels crossed his mind but it didn't stay there.

     If the knight had been down here this long and hadn't angered the wardens, Hypno doubted he's the one they're angry at now. With that thought, Hypno pressed himself against the wall behind him, hoping the warden would just relax on its own. In the back of his mind, he knew it wouldn't happen, not this time. He shook his head, shaking the thought away.

     He slowly stood up and started sneaking down the corridor, hating that he felt like he was grasping in the dark. Even though that's basically exactly what he was doing, blindness ebbing in and out of his vision. Turning a corner, he nearly walked right into a warden. As the mob noticed him and was about to attack, a loud and familiar voice cut through the ambience and spooky boss music. "Stop."

     Hypno noticed the warden had stopped and tilted its head up, as if 'looking' for where the sound came from. "This one's mine. Leave." The warden seemed to grumble, its loud rumbling sound sending more shivers down Hypno's spine. He watched as the warden turned around before leaving the hypnotist to the mercy of the knight.

     Speaking of the knight, Hypno slowly turned around to face Wels. "Heeey buddy. Uh, thanks for that save, uhm, I'm just gonna- Yeah." He quickly tried to duck past the knight, but the other had stuck out his sword, easily nicking the hypnotist on the arm. "Sorry Hyp. No can do." Was the knight's first words to the blonde. "Well-" The hypnotist laughed nervously, "-it was worth a shot?"

     Wels didn't properly show an expression but he let out a small chuckle. "That's one way to put it. But sorry, bud. I can't let you escape the dungeon this time." Hypno felt his heart drop. He had to think fast then. Maybe he can- A netherite blade came swinging down on him before he could finish a thought. 

     His eyes snapped open as he respawned in the bed in the little room before the deck room. He took a second to process what just happened before pressing the "I died in the dungeon" button. He pulled out his communicator while he waited and read his death message.

|hypnotizd was slain by Welsknight using Dungeon's Revenge 

Art by mywolfhat on Tumblr 
Link: https://www.tumblr.com/mywolfhat/730016219245297664/guys-dont-worry-wels-was-here-the-whole-time-hes 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.3M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
526K 18.9K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...