ɪʟʟɪᴄɪᴛ ᴀꜰꜰᴀɪʀꜱ • ʀᴀꜰᴇ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏ...

By delicatessss

Rafe Cameron's love and obsessions. JJ Maybank's issues and recklessness. Rafe Cameron x OC x JJ Maybank. OBX... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀꜱᴛ
ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛꜱ
𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ

653 5 10
By delicatessss

WHEN THEY FINALLY pulled up at the parking lot, they quickly walking towards the lobby but before they can walk through the door, Hope feels her phone buzzing forcing her to stop. She reached out for the device from her pocket, eyeing the screen for the caller.

Her eyes widened, her heart thumping a little faster when she saw her father’s name popped up on the screen.

Rafe stops along with her when he notices the girl no longer walking along with him. He saw her eyes darting on her phone screen, he can’t help to feel curious.

“What’s wrong?” Rafe asked, looking down to her trying to take a peek on her screen.

“Uh—it’s my dad” Hope announced, showing the phone at him and Rafe takes a quick glance at it before he looks back at her.

“Do you want to take it?” He asks, he almost can see the nervousness from her face "Might be important"

“I don’t know. What if he wants me to go home? I was out of reach for one whole day” she pursed her lips.

She can go rebels against everyone but she can’t really say no to her father. If anything, she’s likely to listen to the man the most out of people. He’s not strict but something about him demanding for something making her to drop everything and do it right away.

“Maybe he’s worry about you” Rafe pointed out and as much as he doesn’t want Hope to answer the call with the possibility that she needs to leave him here all alone, he needs people to know that she’s safe. With him.

“So—I should answer it?”

“Go ahead. I’m gonna get us a room” He smiles softly and the tenderness from his voice making her heart flutter a little.

She nods, maybe he’s right about it “Here” Hope hands him her wallet “There’s money in there, go get us a room” she said.

Rafe looks hesitates a little, he’s just staring down on her hand when she hold out the wallet to him. He’s still debating herself whether he should accept her offer but he knows damn well that if he didn’t take it, he don’t have any money to pay himself.

“Rafe?” Hope spoke, putting a hand on his arm when he didn’t reciprocated to her action and looks like he’s zoned out from the world.

“Yeah?” He broke out from his trance, looking up back to her while sniffing a little.

“You good? Do we need to take a seat or something?” She asked in concern, because it kinda reminds her when he’s got his withdrawal back at the mall when they were shopping for midsummers.

“No, no, I’m good” Rafe shook his head, putting up a smile back to assure the girl “Go answer the call, I’m gonna get us a room” he continues, reluctantly taking the wallet from her hand.

She pursed her lips “Okay” she nods, her eyes still watching him warily just to make sure that he’s actually fine.

“I’ll see you inside?”

“Yeah, sure” she reply, patting his arm softly.

Rafe smiles once again, he leans closer to place a kiss on the top of her head making Hope to smile widely. He pulls away from her before he makes his way through the door to the receptionist, leaving her behind.

By the time she’s about to answer the call, it already hung up. Hope walks away from the door to a more secluded place so she can talk comfortably. She taps the screen and starts to call her father back when his previous one was left unanswered.

Hope takes a deep breath when the line starts to ringing, biting her nails out of nervous with a hope that she’s not in any kind of trouble even though she knows she’s just messed up big time here.

Another ringing passing until it finally got picked up before her father’s voice chiming from the other line making her breath hitched up a little.

“Princess?” The man said making Hope to smile a little, she can’t help to miss the man.

“Hey, dad” Hope answered, shifting her weight on her legs a little.

“Oh my god, Hope Amelia Thornton, where have you been, sweetheart? You were out the whole day since yesterday” He panicked and she can hear how much worry filling his voice. That’s enough to make her feel bad.

“I’m sorry, daddy. I was having fun way too much yesterday and kinda passed out the whole night and sleep through my alarms. But I’m fine, I was with Sarah the whole time” she lies, it’s the same thing that she told Sarah if people ever asked about her where was she while she’s on the run.

Hope heard a sigh “You can’t at least answer to my phone call or even my text? I’ve been trying to reach out for you since this morning, even Topper didn’t know where were you’ve been” he continues.

“My battery died on me and I forgot to charge it. We were on girls’ out since this morning and kinda left our phone. I’m really—really sorry dad. Like I said, we were having so much fun, I’m sorry for worrying you”

“That’s fine, I really thought something happened to you. Your mom almost losing her mind, she almost calls out to sheriff department for a search party”

Hope let out a small chuckle “That sounds like mom”

“Yeah, it’s a good thing I convinced her that you just got your face shit somewhere” He continues, a small laugh also coming out from him.

“If I’m going home right now, how dead would I be if mom saw me walks in from that door?”

The man hummed a little, like he’s thinking about it “I suggest for you to don’t come home ever, that’ll be more safe”

She snorts a little “So go back home is a big no now?”

“Super big no. Unless you want to be killed twice in a row by your mom” he continues, go along with her humour making Hope to feel ease. She thought he’s going to berate her and demands for her presence back at home.

“I’m sorry though, dad. I don’t want to worry you, really” Hope continues to apologize, still feels guilty. Especially when she’s also lying to him about what exactly happening, that she was on the run instead of with Sarah just like she said.

“That’s fine, sweetheart. But don’t do that again, okay? Cut your old man some slack, his heart isn’t strong enough for something like this” he states, her mouth twitch a little.

“No more again swear” She promised.

“But, you’re okay, right? You’re all good and fine? Still in pieces just like the last time I saw you?”

“Yeah, still in pieces, don’t worry”

“That’s good to hear” He hummed, glad that his daughter is safe. There’s nothing matters than her safety, he would lose his mind if something happened to her.

“Yeah"

“Where are you now? You still don’t want to go home?” He continues to ask, because it’s already dark but she’s still out of his sight. He won’t mind if the girl isn’t home, as long as she’s in a good hand and he knows about her location all the time.

“I don’t think I’m going home now, dad. I got caught up with something” Hope states, scratching her cheek lightly.

“You’re still with Sarah?”

“Uh—not really” Hope mutters, hesitates either she should lying or just told him the truth. He’s not that strict compared to her mother, but he can be pretty demanding when he wants too.

“Who are you with, then?”

Hope chews her lips “Are you going to kill me if I said I’m staying the night with a boy?” she asked.

 There’s a long silence from him making Hope to grow more anxious “A boy?” he asked after a minute of silent. Hope hummed a response “Is it that Luke’s son?” he guessed.

She feels her breath got sucked at the mentioned of JJ from her dad. Of course he’s going to assume it’s him, she forget for a while about the literal rumour among his friends about her and JJ that no longer a rumour anymore.

“No, not JJ” She deny it

“Then, who it is?”

“It’s uh—Rafe”

There’s another silent from him “Rafe Cameron?”

“Yes, dad. Rafe Cameron” she confirmed again, keep shifting back and forth on her heels.

“Listen, I have no problem with you going to the midsummer with him or even hang out around the island with that boy but this? Staying out the night like this? I don’t know sweetheart, it’s a little buggy for me” he sighed, not really pleased the information of her daughter stay out the night with a boy.

Even with Rafe Cameron, even he knows the boy pretty much for the rest of his life.

“Don’t worry, dad. I’ll be in a good hand with him, we’re not even doing anything” Hope assured, because there’s nothing is going to happen.

Pretty sure that she’s going to jump straight into the bed after she’s got a shower, today is full of dramas and she wants nothing than go for her sleep.

“Can I talk with him for a while?” He asked, he thinks he can have couple of words with the boy.

Hope glances through her shoulder towards the lobby in case she can find Rafe there but there’s no sign for his tall frame at the receptionist, only a middle age woman there sitting behind the counter.

“I don’t think so, he’s currently not here, I don’t know where he is” she looks away from there and informed her father.

“Where were you then?”

“Uh—somewhere at the figure eight?”

“Which specific place of somewhere at the figure eight?”

Hope paused once again, she don’t think she can escape this question from the man “Dad, can we not doing this? I promised I’ll be fine” she quickly said, escaped from the interrogation.

“Fine, fine” The man finally giving in “But if something happened to you, I’ll be coming for him, all right? I don’t care if he’s my friend’s son. I’ll beat his ass”

“Okay, dad. I’ll make sure to send your peaceful message to him” Hope sarcastically said but can’t hide a smile from shows up on her lips at his protective demeanour.

“You better”

“Yeah, sure” She announced, just go along with him “Look, I need to go now but I appreciate that you didn’t go crazy on me. I promised I’ll update you my activity next time” she said, because she thought it’s been long enough and didn’t want Rage to wait for her long.

“Okay, you be careful, all right? Text me for anything” he reminds her.

“Yeah, dad”

“I love you, sweetheart”

“Love you too, dad” she smiles lightly before the line got cut making her to drop her phone from her ear.

A breath of relief comes out from her mouth, she runs her fingers through her hair and takes a deep breath for a while.

When she feels better enough, she brings herself towards the entrance and walks toward the reception counter. Wanting to ask about Rafe since his presence still out of her sight, maybe he’s already get to the room.

“Hi, can I ask you something?” Hope greets the woman, putting up a friendly face.

“Oh, hi, sweet girl. Of course, what can I help you?” The woman said, giving her a big smile.

“I’m looking for my friend, he’s supposed to get us a room earlier. Did you see him?” she asked, placing her hands on the counter.

“Oh, you’re here with that handsome boy earlier? The tall guy?” she asks, there’s a twinkle of excitement flickers behind her eyes.

“Yeah, that one” Hope nods, she’s definitely talking about Rafe.

But before the woman can continue to give out her information, Rafe shows up from the hallway with the call for her name.

“Mia, hey?!” he chimes, causing Hope to snap her neck towards him.

“There he is” Hope smiles while watching Rafe makes his way towards him “Thank you, ma’am” she said to the receptionist before she ditched the counter to come up to Rafe.

The woman just nods, muttering a welcome to her and back on her work.

“Where have you been, sir?” she teasingly asked.

Rafe beams “Got us a room already” he announced, holding up a key around his finger.

“That’s good” She announced, nodding her head. Rafe keep walking until he’s close enough to reach out for her so he can pulling her close by her shoulder, draping his arm around it.

“You good? What did your dad say?” he asks, keep bringing her closer “Did you need to go home?” he continues and there’s a little disappointment in his tone.

He really hope that she’s going to stay with him, he wants to be able to stay out the night with her.

Hope pursed her lip at the question “Nothing, he just said that if something happened to me, he’ll be coming for you” she states “But I’m good to stay”

Rafe paused a little, tilting his head down to her “He said that?”

“Mm-hm” She nods, confirmed it

“Should I be scared?”

“A little” She shrugged “But don’t worry, you’re not as dead as I am when I’m going home to face my mom later”

Rafe chuckles “But you can stay here, right? with me?” he asked, for confirmation.

That’s the most important thing for him to know now, he can handle her father later. Because he knows, nothing is going to happen, he won’t allow that from happen, not when he’s still alive.

“Yeah, we’re good” she confirmed.

Rafe nods his head and beckoned for her to walk along with him as he’s going to lead them to their room and Hope just follows his steps.

“You know I’ll take care of you, right? I’m not letting anything happened to you, your dad should know that” He reminds her again on their way through the hallway “He doesn’t need to remind me, I know that I’m going to take a good care of you”

Hope looks up to him and even though she has a little doubt in her heart for his words especially after everything that he did, she knows he’s right about it. He’s definitely going to take care of her, but how he’s going to do it is going to be a big question. He would do everything, everything in his power even though he needs to bring down couple of people along with it.

That’s not really sounds like a good news to her.

“I know” she mutters it, just agreeing with him instead of questioning his words.

She’s trying to avoid any roads that can lead into an argument between them, she had enough with it and she’s too tired to keep up with one. So, she just let it slide.

Rafe nods in satisfaction, he really needs to make sure that Hope knows and how much he really meant it to her. He gives her a soft squeeze on her shoulder before he keeps his walks, bringing her along with him just under his hold.

“Yeah, that’s us” Rafe announced and they stop in front of a door with the same number as the key.

Rafe moves his hand from her shoulder to proceed with the key, he shoves it into the keyhole and twist it before he push the door open.

He gestures for her to walk in first and she did with him trailing right behind her, putting the key card into its holder before he turns on the light and the air conditioning while Hope already stepping further into the room.

“So—what do you think?” he asked, asking for her opinion.

Hope looks around the place, inspecting it but she’s got nothing really to complain. It’s just a simple room with basic amenities and enough for them to get some sleep and shower for couple of days while they’re gonna think about a place for Rafe to stay.

“It’s fine” She states, looking up to him.

But there’s one problem, it only have one bed. It’s a queen size of bed, enough for both of them to sleep on it but that doesn’t mean she’s gonna be pleased to do that. Not with him.

“Mm-hm” he hummed, pleased with her answer.

He also as satisfied as her with the room, it’s not much but it’ll do the work. He’s not really mind about any other things.

“But uh—there’s only one bed” she pointed out, walking towards it and looking back to Rafe. The boy stands couple meters away and he gives her a look when she pointed that out.

Honestly, Rafe can’t see any problems with that, they can just share the bed and he’s not going to complain to do it with Hope. And he actually purposely choose a room with one bed, even though there’s another choice of room with a separated bed. But Hope doesn’t need to know about that tiny information.

“Why? What’s wrong with that?” he asked.

Hope chews her lips, of course it’s a problem. She doesn’t want to share a bed with him, it would be way too tempting and she’s afraid of all the possibilities she might endure while sharing a bed with Rafe Cameron.

It’s not like she never shared a bed with a boy, she did it once with JJ. But it also takes everything in her before she actually can get into the bed with him. She remembered how she almost jump out through the window when he started to strip all of his clothes and only stay in his boxer before she demands for him to stay with his shirt too.

And that was JJ, he’s always respect her decision no matter what it is even though she needs to been through his constant teasing about it. She can handle that, JJ never really pushed her to do something that she doesn’t want to do.

But this is Rafe, he can be persuasive when he wants to and he’s so tempting when it comes to something like this.

Hope knows she can always say no and Rafe will respect it even though it takes a while for him before he actually drops his action. But she’s afraid of herself that she’s not strong enough to keep standing on her opinion when he keeps making her feels good. She’s afraid if she’s going to fall right into his temptation. That would be so dangerous.

“It’s uh—I don’t really, you know, comfortable with it” She told him, hoping that he would understand.

“Why? It’s not like we never shared a bed before, we did it multiple times when we were kids” He said, bringing them back to their childhood.

He wasn’t wrong, they did share a bed when they were kids but that was years ago and Sarah or Topper always tag along with them, not just the two of them.

Plus, a lot of things change over the years and Rafe wasn’t like this when he was a little boy. She pretty sure young Rafe would never try to kiss her or even push her for something, sexual. As little as just a kiss.

“That was years ago and we were kids back then. It’s a different story and it’s different now”

Rafe paused a little, taking her anxious demeanour into his gaze before he slowly approaching her who already standing by the bed, her fingers grazing the white linen on top of it. Her eyes watching him taking his steps cautiously, for some reasons she starts to feel alarm with his action.

Though she has no problem being so close with earlier. But he’s an unsteady type of person, it’s kinda hard to guess his emotions and which version of him that he’s going to be.

“Are you—afraid of me?” he suddenly asks when he’s close enough, looking down to her who is still eyeing him carefully.

Hope swallows a little “Like, right now? or in general?” she asked back.

Because after everything that happened, she’s sure reserved a small terror for him especially after she knows how easy for him to flip out his emotion and straight to be aggressive. She’s not entirely scared of him, not now at least but she’s surely will starts to run if she catches any sign that starts to alarm her from him.

“I mean, right now. Are you scared to get into a bed with me?” He repeats himself and she hates how casual he sounds right now, she can’t really guess what’s the emotion from his voice because he sounds way too calm for it. He doesn’t look mad or angry either.

“I’m not scared, Rafe. I’m just—not comfortable with it” she states it, shifting her body a little to hide her nervousness.

“Why? You’re afraid that I’m going to do something to you?” he provokes again and she almost can see a wicked smile from his lips. Like he knows what is he’s doing “That I’m going to force you to do something with me?”

Hope blinks her eyes “I don’t know, Rafe” she mutters, because she knows that he’ll likely to pull that move and she’s trying to stay sane as much as she can be whenever she’s being too close to him.

Especially as tempting as sharing a bed and laying down next to him for the rest of the night.

“Do you want it?” he continues to ask, taking another step closer to her.

“Want what?”

“To do something with me?” he said, reach out his hand to touch her hair that messily falling down to her shoulder “For me to make you feel good?”

Hope feels her breath hitched up when his hand starts to touch her even though it just her hair, she knows it just a matter of time before he starts to travel to another part of her body.

“No—” she answered.

Rafe smirks a little “You doesn’t sound convincing about it” he said, picks up the hesitation from her tone.

“I’m very sure of myself, okay? I don’t want you to do anything with you” she rephrased that to him, this time sounds confident than before.

“Really?” he challenged.

His fingers moves from playing with the strands of her hair to her face. Placing a soft touch on her jaw with his thumb caressing her cheek sending the goosebumps all over her body. Her body starts to feel ignite on fire, almost like she can’t move her limbs.

“Ye—yes” She stuttered.

“I don’t think you’re actually even sure with yourself, Mia” he pointed that out, he’s still can sense the hesitation from her.

Like she’s not even sure with her own answer, like she actually wants to do something with him, for him to make her feels good.

“Of course I’m very sure of myself” Hope insisted “It just—you’re making it hard for me to speak when you’re doing this” she said, pointing at his wild hand that grazing her.

His smirk grows wider “You’re saying that I’m making you nervous when I’m touching you like this?” he beams, glad that he actually find another spot to tease her after this.

Hope feels her cheeks burned “I’m not nervous, Rafe”

“Then? What is it if not nervous?”

“I just—I don’t—” she stuttered, not knowing what to say because she indeed feels nervous every time Rafe starts to pull anything like this. She can feel her skin ignites in fire and as much as she’s trying not to fall for it, she keeps wanting for more from his touch.

It’s not as the same as the way JJ touch her, though he’s still manage to make her stomach knot everytime she feels his hands touching her skins. JJ did it in more innocent and respectful way, in way that suits her more, than following her wants and needs. He’s so gentle and careful with his action, as if she’s going to break if he’s going too rough. And she loves that, because doesn’t feel like she’s forced to do it. JJ understands her, he didn’t dominate her.

But Rafe isn’t like that, his touch doesn’t feel innocent and he didn’t play with her tempo. He made his own rules, he leads the way and force her to fall right under his touch. He knows where to push her buttons, he knows how to make her to question things that she doesn’t want to do. He made her wants to break every rules that she made for herself and just fall right into his touch.

And that’s making him so dangerous, that’s why sharing a bed with him is dangerous or even letting his touch lingers around her longer than it should be because she’s going to fall for it. She’s trying to avoid that, especially when there’s going to be just the two of them. She doubts if she’s strong enough to push him away if he starts to hover over her while muttering his sweet nothings.

“You’re what, Mia?” He asked softly, leaning closer to her until their chest almost touching each other and she can feel his soft breath fanning her face. His signature scent once again engulfed her, almost drowning her with it.

Hope got struck with paralyzing when he’s get closer, way too close for her liking and practically raiding her personal space. It’s not helping at all, it’s not helping with the anxious that she’s currently facing. She feels a lump filling at the back of her throat, blocking her capability to swallow.

“Rafe—” she warned him, trying to stop whatever that he’s trying to do.

“What?” he said, looking innocent “You know, if you want anything from me, you can just ask, right? I’m not going to say no to you” he added.

Because Rafe will jump to do it, if Hope asks anything from him to do something from her. That’s for sure.

“I’m not asking you to do anything for me, Rafe” Hope fretted.

“Then, what do you want me to do?” he’s still trying to push her, wanting to know how much longer she can resist against his persuasion “You don’t want me to make you feel good?” his pushed her hair from her shoulder before he tucks the messy strands behind her ears.

If Hope actually states that he wants that, he would do right away. He’s going to show her how much pleasure she can give to her, better than that Pogue Maybank. He wish that he can just get rid of him completely from her life, even better from this world. He really wish his touch could erase JJ from Hope’s mind, so she can only think and be with him.

“Stop it, Rafe. You’re not going anywhere by pushing me like this” Hope called him out, knowing what he’s trying to do.

“Pushing you like what?”

“Don’t act stupid, Rafe” she sighed “Just because I’m willing to be with you here, doesn’t mean I forgot of everything you did” she reminds him. She knows that she’s telling him to not brings this up because that’s not exactly she’s here for him but he needs to be reminds of that.

And she’s trying to put a barrier between them, so Rafe not getting way too comfortable with her and pushing her over the line she made for herself. She doesn’t want to fall right into his charms.

She saw his face change a little at the brings up of the topic and he quickly drops his hand from playing with hair.

“Right” he chimes, taking a step back from her.

Hope feels bad and suddenly regret for ruining the moment between them. But she also knows this is the best for them, she wants Rafe to understand that.

“Don’t worry much about sharing the bed with me if that actually bugging you, I can take the couch or even sleep on the floor” He suddenly said, parting away from her to another side of the room. Avoiding from looking at her, and that causing the knot inside her stomach.

She shouldn’t say that.

“Rafe—”

“No, don’t” He hold up his finger, stopping her from keep going with her words and that shut her up “I know, okay? You don’t have to remind me about that. I’m aware of it, I know that I screw up and you’re only here because of the promised you made to me”

Hope sucks her inner cheeks.

“Just—drop that, alright?” He continues, forcing a smile on his lips even though he wants nothing than just to yell.

He’s trying to control himself, he’s not going to ruin this, he’s not pushing Hope away with his behaviour. He already done enough, she’s not going away this time. He’ll make sure of that.

“Okay” Hope agreed, nodding her head instead of trying to explain anything. This is how it supposed to be, it’s the best for both of them.

“Let’s—let’s look around. Then, we can go to sleep, it’s been a long day” he announced, breaking the eye contact from her once again.

Hope just nods once again, following him this time.

•••

TOPPER QUICKLY stood up from his chair when he saw his father making his way back into his office, his eyes watching the man warily trying to pick up any emotions from him but he looks calm. Way too calm than he’s expected.

Consider the man is just had a conversation with his sister after he’s been trying to get a hold of the girl since this morning.

When Richard Thornton walking back into his office, he didn’t immediately saying anything to acknowledge his son that obviously been waiting for him while he’s out from the room to answer to his daughter’s call. He calmly making his way back to his desk, where the boy just stood up from the chair.

“So? How is it going?” Topper finally open his mouth since his father still remains silent “Am I right about it? She was with that Pogue, right?”

So, he might or might not breaking the news to his father after the man constantly keep asking him where she could possibly be since she didn’t come home last night after the midsummers and nobody heard any news from her since this morning.

Topper already run out of excuse to give and he only can see one way for it, by telling the truth that Hope is missing and probably running away with JJ Maybank.

Usually, he would cover her up as much as he can do since the girl totally would do the same for him. But since there’s a bad blood between them since couple of days, he just can’t help to be a snitch himself. He thought if he breaks the news to his father, the man is going to be furious and might punished the girl.

Plus, he’s also as desperate as everyone to know about her location. Just because they’re not really in a speaking term yet doesn’t mean he’s giving up to care about her. Though he’s not going to admit it out loud, he’s still wanting to know if Hope is in a good hand or not. If something really happened to her, he’s still going to feel anguish.

Telling his father the truth might help the procedure to find her faster, because he’s got the influence around the island so he might use that in order to trace the girl. Since Rafe might screws things up and Sarah probably despised him enough after everything that happened for him to depend on the siblings to help him find Hope.

Richard keep sealing his mouth shut even after he heard the chimes from his son, he’s back reaching out for his chair behind the desk before he’s slowly sinking down onto it still not saying anything. Topper already run out of patience, he needs to know the answer by now.

“Dad?” Topper spoke once again, his eyes never once left the man who already taking his seat back on the chair.

Richard let out a heavy sigh, he leaning towards the table and placing his arms on it before he made the eye contacts with the boy who looks in desperate to know.

“No, Topper” he finally mutters it.

Topper furrows his brows “What do you mean no?” he questioned back, not understands the man.

“I mean, no Topper, you’re wrong. She’s not with Luke’s son, she’s not running away with a Pogue just like you said” Richard continues, denying his accusation towards the girl.

Topper shift his body a little “She’s not with JJ?” he asks again.

“No, she’s not” Richard confirmed it again “And in case you actually care, she’s fine and good. No thanks to you” he continues, being sarcastic.

“And you—and you’re saying this because she told you that? She told you that she’s not with JJ?” Topper continues his arguments, still not satisfied with the answer and reaction from the man.

“Yes”

“And you believed her? You actually believed her when she told you that she’s been out there, for one whole day and nobody can reach out for her that she’s not running away with a Pogue? Just because she told you over a phone call that she finally answered after hundreds of missed call?” Topper tempted, questioning his father.

Richard let out a sigh, almost like he had enough with the constant pressure from him “What do you want me to do, huh? Yes, she told me that and I believed her” he confirmed it.

Topper let out a scoff, he’s still can’t believe it. Because if it’s down to him, his father would never easily believes him no matter how hard he’s trying to convince him.

“She’s lying, okay? You shouldn’t believe her, you heard about the news about her and the Pogue. It’s not a coincidence, dad, it’s not even just a rumour” he tried again.

“Look, it took a lot from me to just blindly believe a story people made about my daughter. Not until I saw it with my own eyes” Richard exclaimed.

He heard about the news, his friends been talking about it at the last meeting he had with them. Sure, he’s not comfortable with it, a news about his daughter and a Pogue, especially when it’s about Luke’s son. His former employee that he fired because he was caught stealing from him. But that doesn’t mean he’s going to just fall right into it, not until he sees it with his eyes.

To him, Hope isn’t going to do that because she’s never really causing anything trouble as much as Topper. Not for something like this, at least. Hope should know better than associated herself with a Pogue, though the girl never really fond when people around her keep talking bad about those people from the south side.

He’s still thinks it’s one of the ways for his competitors to distract him or trying to get under his skin. They know how much those meant to him, for his reputation and how much he favour his daughter since she’s going to be take over the business one day. He always confident that Hope is going to follow his footsteps compared to Topper.

“But I saw it, dad. I saw her with JJ, they’ve been sneaking out behind our back multiple times” Topper announced it “It’s not only me, Rafe also saw it”

“They could be just talking or accidently bump into each other, it’s a small island. Plus, you know your sister. She’s got a nice heart, she probably just being nice to him”

“I don’t know being nice to people consist you to actually kiss them” He dropped the bomb and he caught the slight change on his father’s face when he said that.

He never saw Hope kissing JJ or even casually hanging with him but Rafe did. And based of what he told him this morning about what happened last night, Topper knows that shit is going serious between JJ and Hope. Just like Sarah has with John B, they both have shit going on with the Pogues.

The thought about Sarah causing him to clench his jaw a little, knowing that she’s just dump his ass over a dirty Pogue and practically cheating on him.

“She kissed him?” Richard asks, clasping his hands together.

Topper nods “Yeah, Rafe saw them together last night. He caught them kissed back at the golf course during the midsummers”

“So, Rafe saw it? Not you?”

“Yes, but—”

“Then, why are we even talking about it when you’re not even saw it? You don’t even know if Rafe is talking a truth” Richard cuts him off.

Topper’s mouth slightly parted open, like he’s trying to counter the man back but he close it when he’s got nothing. He takes a slow breath.

“Why would Rafe lied about something like this?"

“I don’t know Topper” Richard states “But I don’t believe it until you saw it, or when I do it myself”

The boy let out an unbelievable laugh while shaking his head, he can’t believe himself and the man in front of him that he called as a father. Topper knows Hope is the golden child of him, she always be. In his eyes, the girl never really can do anything wrong, like she’s a saint or something.

But he can’t believe that his father still has that faith on her even after everything he told him.

“Okay, fine, she’s not with JJ, if you said so” Topper continues to speak again, he takes a sit on the chair back, just opposite his father across the desk “But where she told you she’s been all this time? With Sarah?”

Richard leaning his back against the chair “Yeah” he nods.

“That’s bullshit!” Topper cuss, throwing out his hands in protest “She’s not with Sarah, she’s keep using that as an excuse so she can escape to do something that she shouldn’t do” he continues.

“Why would she’s lying about it? I’m pretty sure Ward just told me the same thing this morning when I asked him if Sarah knows about Hope. He said they both were having girls out” Richard states.

“That’s a lie dad. You don’t know how much those girls got each other’s back, they would lie for each other especially for something like this. I know enough”

“And—he also said your little action you pulled on his daughter at his house this morning” Richard continues, giving the boy a look.

Ward told him about it, when Topper literally yelling and calling Sarah with name that he needs to be kicked out from the house. He can’t feel more ashamed to hear that from his friend.

Topper paused a little, guiltily fight the look from the man “I was—I was saying the truth” he states, he as the right to be mad about it. Sarah is cheating on him, she’s cheating on her with a Pogue.

“By calling her a slut?” Richard pointed out, his voice hardened a little “I didn’t raise you to be disrespectful like this, you’re embarrassed me in front of my friend. And here, you’re trying to complain about your sister running around with a Pogue? You think I’m going to believe you, blindly?”

Topper looks away from his father, shaking his leg up and down just under the desk “Look, I’m sorry about what I did back at the Cameron’s. I have the right to feel that way, she was fucking cheating on me with a Pogue”

“Just because your girlfriend cheated on you with a Pogue, doesn’t mean you can accuse your sister to do the same thing. She’s got nothing to do with this” Richard states, he can see that Topper trying to turn his frustration towards Hope.

“I’m not accusing her, I know that it’s the truth” Topper argued again “Look, they both best friends, okay? If Sarah is going for a Pogue, what makes you think she’s not doing the same thing? I mean, the proof already here and there, dad”

“So, her best friend starts dating a Pogue and you think she’s going to do the same?”

“Yeah? John B and JJ are from same circle. They’re going for that tradition where bestfriends dates another bestfriends, that type of bullshits”

Richard shaking his head, he thinks he had enough with his son. He starts to talk nonsense and there’s nothing he can take from his words anymore.

“You know what, I had enough with you, okay? You should go back to your room and take a sleep” Richard states, he’s going to put this conversation to an end “Hope is fine, she made sure of that, if you actually care about it. And she’s not with JJ, she was with Sarah one whole day, having some girls’ fun and things. And yes, I believe her”

Topper still has something in him to protest but before he can open his mouth to speak it out, Richard hold up his finger to stop him.

“So, please, just drop it. I know my daughter, she’s not gonna do anything like that. She should know better than actually do that” He continues.

Topper scoff once again “Hope isn’t a Saint, dad. She can make mistakes and she’s not as innocent as you think” he states “And she’s getting more out of control after she’s got with JJ. She never listen to me anymore”

“I thought it’s your responsibility to look out for her? you were supposed to keep her out from it”

“Did you even listen to me, dad? I just told you that she didn’t listen to me anymore, she’s not that girl that you think that she’s not going to cause any trouble anymore. She’s a whole new person now, because of that Pogue” Topper trying to protest again.

“Enough okay? just enough!” Richard yells a little, smacking the glass surface of the table making Topper to cower down a little, he shut close his mouth “Don’t, ever talk about this again, alright? I had enough, I’m not hearing it no more”

Topper remain silent, looking down to his feet instead of fighting the look from the man.

“Just—go back to your room, okay? and we’re going to get her if she’s actually running with a Pogue just like you said. If she’s not going home in days and out of reach again” Richard continues “But right now, she’s all fine. You could ask Rafe if you actually want to make sure about it”

The boy perks up at the mentioned of his friend’s name, he starts to cocking his brows.

“Rafe?” he questioned.

“Yes, Rafe. Hope said she’s staying the night with Rafe” Richard saying it back, just like what Hope told him.

And he doesn’t think that she’s going to lie about it. Staying out with boys isn’t really something he’s fond of for her to do but she’s still telling him about it. He can’t see any reasons for Hope to lie.

“That’s—” Topper paused a little, he’s trying to argue again but after everything that his father said making him to take it back.

But he’s still confuse, Rafe had Hope now? He thought the reason why Hope was missing is because of him? because he was beating JJ yesterday night? What happened now?

Maybe Rafe already found her, just like he told him earlier that he’s going to look out for her and trying to make it right back.

“What?” Richard notices that his son disassociated a little without finishing his words.

Topper looks up back to the man.

“Nothing” he quickly said, shaking his head and put up a small smile to the man.

Richard gives him a suspicious look but he brushed it away after a second. It’s a good thing that he’s not trying to make a fuss about it.

“If there’s nothing, you can go back to your room” Richard continues “And please informed me about Hope from Rafe, tells him to take a good care of my daughter or I’ll be coming after him if something happened to her”

Topper quickly gets up from his chair “Yes, sir” he comply, giving him a small curt.

“You may go now” he said, pointing towards the door. Topper gives the man one last look before he makes his way towards the tall mahogany door.

•••

RAFE WALKS OUT from the bathroom when he’s done showering, wrapping a towel around his waist and brushing way any excess of water from his head to avoid it keep dripping down on his body.

He actually took couple of minutes inside the bathroom even after he’s done with his shower before he walks out, thinking of any ways he could do to get Hope to forgive him and forget everything that happened. 

He knows he’s in the wrong here, he’s aware of that but that doesn’t mean that he’s going to give up when he can come out with thousand of ways to make Hope to forgive him again.

Like right now, when there’s the two of them here, he could do a lot of things to undo his wrongs. He just needs to work hard enough and figure something good enough for it. He’s gonna take his chance tonight, he doesn’t care if Hope keep pushing him away and keep reminding him about why she’s here for him.

He’s going to make sure Hope will forgive him and she’s not going to run back to JJ, not when he’s got his opportunity here with her to make everything right again.

As soon as he’s walking out through the door, standing in front of it just for seconds to calm himself down, he heard a small cry coming from Hope forcing him to quickly searching for her figure until he caught her sitting on the bed with one knee prop up. There’s a cotton ball on her hand, dabbing it along her scraped skin.

“Ow--” Hope hissed a little when she feels the alcohol starts to pinching her skin, scrunching up her face to hold the pain instead of making a loud cry about it. If she was at her home and inside her room, she’s totally going to let out a loud scream to suppress her pain.

She’s still unaware of Rafe who just done with his shower as she’s way too focus to clean up her own wound and get consume with the pain. She’s also not notice that the boy already making his way towards her as soon as he heard the cry. Can't help to feel alarmed with it.

“Hey, hey” Rafe said, announcing his presence while approaching her causing Hope to jolt up a little when she heard his voice. She looks up from her knee with slightly watery eyes “I’m sorry, didn’t mean to startle you” Rafe said again when he notices her body made a little jump.

“That’s fine” Hope mutters, her voice hoarse a little.

Rafe keep approaching her “You okay?” he asks, his eyes glancing in between her and her knee. His face contorted with worry.

“Yeah, I’m fine, it’s a little sting” Hope assured, putting up a smile but there’s still a crease on her face since she’s still feels the sting from her wound.

It wasn’t that hurt before and she barely can feel anything but right now it almost feels unbearable. She hates how she feels like she almost cry because of a small scraped on her knee.

Rafe smiles a little “Let me help you” he said, trying to take a seat on the bed just in front of her.

“No, no, there’s no need for you to do that. I can do it by myself” Hope quickly said, not wanting to trouble him. Not after what she said to him earlier and put the both of them in a deep silence.

Until now, when he starts to speak to her. She’s still feels guilty for what she did, she thought she just ruined their moment.

“Mia, please” Rafe said, giving her a look “Let me help you” he continues.

Hope pursed her lips when he’s still insisted, though it would be a good idea for him to help her since she’s actually can’t bring herself to do it herself. She just wants to left it untreated since she’s a little scare to clean it up but she’s afraid if she’s got an infection from it. That would be a lot worst.

“Fine” Hope sighed “But at least, wear some clothes” she continues.

Hope just notices that the boy is half naked with just a towel wrapping around his waist and it barely holding it. Showing his v-line and she’s still can see the water dripping from his body, she hates how attractive he looks right now. Even though she’s in the middle of pain.

Rafe smirks a little “Why? Do the lack of shirt from me making you nervous ?” he teased.

“Don’t be an ass” Hope groans, looking away from him when she feels her cheek burned at the teased.

Rafe let out a small laugh “You know, a lot of girls would pay to be in your position right now and I’m giving to you for free” he continues, having his fun.

“Just—go get your shirt, alright? I don’t want to know about that” Hope groaned once again, gesturing with her hand to shove him away. She can feel the heat all over her face, she’s definitely doesn’t want to know anything about the girls and Rafe.

Rafe continues with his laugh, this time louder than before.

“Alright, alright” he finally giving up, especially when he notices how red she turned because of his tease. He can’t help to find it cute, he always knows how easy the girl got fluster especially for something like this.

He walks away from her to grab his clothes from a chair that he left earlier before he putting them on, Hope averts her gaze from him while he’s dressing up himself. Still can feel her face burned up, why can’t he just wearing them right away before he walks out from the bathroom?

A smirk from Rafe’s lips widened when Hope looks away from him, knowing he did it in purpose just to get under her skin. Something about her being shy like that making him feels like he should push her again, knowing that she’s got all red like earlier.

Rafe toss the towel from his waist when he’s done putting on his pants, deciding to stay shirtless since his body is still wet and he’s just trying to tease Hope more about it.

He walks back towards Hope on the bed, inspecting her knee but not really doing anything with it just like earlier, rocking her body back and forth to calm herself down from the wound.

She looks up back when she feels Rafe approaching her but the lack of shirt from his body causing Hope to squint her eyes.

“You’re still not wearing any shirt” she pointed it out, it’s a good thing he’s wearing his pants now.

Rafe rolls his eyes “My body is still wet and I’m trying to dry it off” he said nonchalantly.

“You can do that by using the towel”

“Are you want to keep complaining or you want me to help you with that” Rafe questioned, pointing at her knee.

Hope scowled a little “I didn’t ask you to help me, you were offering yourself” she said, because that’s exactly what he did.

“Yeah, because you look like you want to cry your ass off while doing it” Rafe states, knowing that she’s on the verge of crying and hearing her soft cry making his heart swelling a little.

Especially when he saw the face she made earlier, he’s not going to let her to do this by herself and he's also the reason why she’s got the wound. Because she was trying to fight his father from taking her away from him.

Like he said before, he’s going to take care of her and he’s going to do it right now. She’s going to be in a good care with him.

“I’m not—crying” Hope protest. She almost to cry, that’s the word. Almost.

“Yeah, sure”

“I’m not!” Hope deny it once again when he doesn’t believe her. She’s not going to admit that in front of him, that would be embarrassing. Not in front of Rafe.

“Okay, fine, you’re not crying. There, you happy?” Rafe finally giving in, holding up his hands.

There’s no point of keep arguing about it, he needs to take care of the wound before she’s got an infection from it. He doesn’t care if it only a small and unharmed one, he won’t let anything happen to her.

“Whatever” Hope let out a small grumble, looking away from him.

Rafe smiles a little, he slowly sinking down on the bed taking a spot in front of her. Hope feels the bed shift a little when Rafe put his weight on it, her eyes warily watching him when he already got his focus on her knee.

“You already wash it with a water?” Rafe asks, his eyes inspecting the wound.

It’s no longer bleeding but he can see the crimson liquid pooling there and some of them already dried off. It’s not really a big one, but still need to be take care off or else she’s going to get infection.

“No—” Hope shook her head “I should wash it with water first?” she asked him back, she never really did it by herself.

Topper and her dad usually would take care of it and she’s way too squeamish to watch the process. Plus, she’s not a wild child when she was a kid, she barely got her knees scraped. Or any scraped in general.

“Yeah, to clean them up” Rafe mutters it softly, looking up to her back.

“Oh, I didn’t know that” she mutters it lowly, feeling a little stupid.

“That’s fine, I’ll do it for you” Rafe said “Wait here” he starts to get up from the bed and walking into the bathroom again leaving her in confusion.

But she didn’t say anything, just letting him to do his work since he looks like he knows what to do. There’s a loud silence for a while until Rife emerges from the bathroom again, this time with a small towel on his hand.

The boy taking a sit back on the bed, leaning closer towards her to take a look on her knee once again “I’m gonna dab this on it, you hold it a little, yeah?” he informed, bringing the towel that he already wet it water towards her knee but not enough to touch it.

“Yeah” Hope nods.

“Don’t worry, it’s not going to hurt” Rafe assured when he caught the horror peeking from her face “You can tell me when it starts to feel too much, I’ll stop” he continues, trying to calm her down.

“Okay” Hope nods once again, taking into his assurance.

She tells herself to calm down, it’s just one little scratch and it’s not that bad. She doesn’t need to over reacted over it.

“Okay” Rafe said and he starts to bring the towel closer before he softly dabbing it around the crimson skin, avoiding the fresh wound. Just to rinse away the dried blood and some debris from it.

Hope chews her lips to suppressed the pain.

“Is it hurt?” Rafe stops for a while, looking up to her.

“No” she announced, it just a faint pain and she can handle that.

Rafe nods, he keep going with his work and Hope watching him in silent. She caught him brushing away his hair that messily falling down, disturbing him to do his work. A small grumble slipping out from his mouth, she thought maybe she can help him with it.

“Hey—” She spoke, touching his hand slightly to stop him and Rafe immediately shoot her a look.

“What? Is it hurt?” he asked, his eyes widened.

“No, no, I barely feel anything” she states, smiling a little “It just, uh—come here” she spoke, beckoned for him to get closer to her while she’s pulling out her hair tie from her wrist that she keep for her hair.

“What?” Rafe furrowing his brows, not getting her action.

“Just, come here, okay?” Hope urges when she caught the confusion from him “And turn around”

Rafe gives her a look but he’s just listen, he scoots closer to her while Hope moves her legs from the bed so he can sit right in front of her. He turns around, letting his back facing her just like she told him to.

“What are you doing? Are you trying to give me a back massage?” He jokes “You can give me another massage if you actually want to return my favour back”

Hope smacks his head a little earning a groan from him “Stop being a pervert” she warned him but Rafe brushing it away with a small laugh.

“Fine” he said, just letting the girl to do her job that he’s still yet to know.

She starts to grab his hair, bringing all of them to the back to make them as one before she tied them together with her hair tie. Rafe feels his breath hitched a little when he’s just realizes what she’s doing and feeling her body being so close to her making his spine shivering.

Especially when he’s not wearing any shirt, he can feel her body heat radiating from behind.

“Done!” Hope cheerly said, patting his shoulders a little to let him know that she’s done and he’s good to move. A smile plaster on her lips, feeling proud of herself.

His hand starts to travel onto his head, feeling his hair no longer messily falling around but got put into a mini bun on the top of his head.

“You’re tied up my hair?” he questioned, a funny look contorted on his face when he faces her back.

“It’s distracting you from doing your work” Hope shrugged, trying to look innocent.

Rafe smiles “I like it” he mutters, appreciating her effort even though it probably nothing to anyone else or even to her “Thank you” he nudges her a little and the simple gestures from him making her heart making a little lap. She feels her cheeks heated up once again.

“Yeah, it’s nothing” Hope clears her throat, trying to hide away from her nervousness.

The boy beams a little “Come on, we need to take care of that” he said, taking his previous job and scooting away from Hope.

She nods, pull up her knee back to their sight so Rafe can do his job again.

He’s back to dab the wet towel around the wound and Hope remains calm when she barely can feel any pain, she’s forever grateful for it or else she’s going to start crying here. When Rafe is sure enough that it’s all good, he retreats his hand away from her knee.

“We’re gonna put some ointment there to avoid the infection” He announced, dropping the towel onto the bed while his hand scurrying to find the previous ointment she used on her wound. She just nods, letting him keep going with his work.

Hope eyeing him for seconds when he’s too busy with the ointment and the cotton ball, watching him with some comfort feeling seeping into her.

He looks so calm and she always loves this side of him, she wished he’ll stay like this forever even though she knows it almost impossible. She hates it when he’s got his emotion shift, she hates it how easy he can change his mood from one to one.

She really wished that he didn’t pull what he did yesterday, she wished that he didn’t beat JJ and almost killed him because she would forgive him in a heartbeat if it’s not because of that. Or when he pushed a kiss to her, that still engraved inside her mind. She’s still can remember each of one them very clear, she’s still can hear everything very clear.

Of course she feels bad for Rafe, she wished that she can choose him instead of JJ, but she knows if she’s doing that she’s been lying to herself. And she would do that out of pity, not because of sincerity.

She likes Rafe, like a lot and she’s lying to herself if she’s not attracted to him especially when he’s being soft and kind to her. He made her feels a lot of things, he made her heart fluttering so many times before and even now.

Hope doesn’t know when exactly she starts to develop a feeling for him that more than just as Topper’s friend or Sarah’s brother or even as childhood friend, but she thinks she likes him. Though she’s not even sure with her own feelings yet, because everything is still new to her, she’s still trying to learn it.

And she likes JJ too, she knows her hearts wants him too and that’s the reason she’s willing to give up everything just to be with him. She doesn’t care if he’s a Pogue, she doesn’t care if they’re from different side of worlds, she wants him. That’s what she knows.

He made her feels thing that she never did before, he’s being so gentle and patience with her. She likes that, he taught her a lot of things, that’s why she wants him to be her first kiss.

And JJ is everything that Rafe isn’t. He’s so gentle while Rafe is so rough.

But right now, watching him like this, she had a doubt in her heart. What if she starts to give Rafe a chance to redeem himself? What if he’s going to keep his words and make up for everything he did and actually doing it better? What if her heart was wrong and it was Rafe that she needs instead of JJ?

The question lingering around her mind and she hates it for having those thoughts. This isn’t why she’s here, she’s supposed to stand on her business when she said she just wants to help Rafe because of her promised to him. And because of Wheezie.

She did this because of that, she shouldn’t be having this thought.

“Ow!” Hope got pulled away from her thought and let out the wail when she feels the pain hitting her skin startle Rafe a little “That’s hurt like hell!” she continues, squeezing her eyes.

“I’m sorry, I thought you were ready” He said, retreats his hand away from her knee. He caught her disassociates a little, he thought maybe she’s just trying to distract herself.

“That’s fine, just—just give me a head up next time” She states, her face still scrunching up in pain.

“Sorry” Rafe mutters it again “Is it really hurt?” he continues to ask, feeling bad a little.

“It was, but that’s fine. Just—just keep going” She assured him, she thinks she can handle it a little more.

“Okay” He nods, he brings his hand back towards her knee, the cotton ball already soaked with the ointment. That must be the reason why it sting so bad, just like she felt earlier.

When Rafe still caught the expression from her, he thought maybe he can do something to distract her.

“Where did you get these things?” he asked, slowly dabbing the cotton ball on her wound.

Hope wince a little, taking a little time to answer to him “I asked the receptionist if she’s got one, I went out when you took your shower” she answers.

“Did she asked you anything?” he continues.

“Um, yeah. She asked what for and if I hurt myself” she nods “I just—I just tell her I scraped my knee because I fell from your bike”

Rafe chuckles a little “Fell from my bike?”

“Yeah, that’s the only thing I can come out with” Hope adds “Plus, I kinda panicked when she asked me about it”

He pursed his lips a little “I’m sorry, you got this because of me” he said, feeling self-conscious about it. He knows it was his fault, she’s in this mess because of him.

“Don’t say that, it’s not” Hope disagreed, shaking her head “Don’t blame yourself”

“But it is. It is my fault” he continues, looking up to her “You were trying to get away from my dad, because you want to be with me”

“Yes, that’s why it wasn’t your fault. Because I want to be with you, I made that decision” she convinced him, got fully distract from the wound and the pain.

And though Rafe only wants to help her with it, he really meant everything he said. He’s truly sorry for it.

“Maybe you shouldn’t—maybe you should listen to him when he wants to get you home” He continues, his hand still working by dropping the cotton ball and pick up a plaster.

“I don’t want to go home with him, I want to be with you” Hope states “He can’t make me follow him, I had enough with people told me what to do”

Rafe smiles a little “You want to be with me?” he asked, slowly placing the plaster on her knee to cover up the wound.

“Yeah. That’s why I’m here” Hope nods “I promised you, right? I promised that I’m gonna help you to figure your shit out together”

“I know and you’re keeping your promised” He acknowledged it.

Hope smiles and then she remembered what she said earlier, she thought maybe it’s a good time to bring that “I uh—I’m sorry, for what I said earlier” she finally spit it out “I shouldn’t bring that up when I’m the one who told you to not do that. So, I’m sorry”

Rafe shift his body a little when he’s done putting the plaster and they’re practically done with the wound.

“That’s fine” he assured “You were right, I should know that. You’re not here because for something pleasure and I’m still screwed up. Don’t worry, I got that”

Hope wants to say something more, to tell him that she’s not actually mad at him anymore or even trying to tell him she’s here because she wants to be him even though he’s screwed things up but nothing comes out from her mouth.

Maybe this is for the best, she thinks. And he’s right, she’s not here for pleasure.

When everything is calm down and Rafe find his own place, she’s going to be back with JJ and the Pogues. That’s what she told JJ, she needs to hold on that.

“Yeah” so instead of speak of the things she wants to, she said that.

“And uh—we’re done here” Rafe pats her leg a little, announcing that when it’s supposed to be said minutes ago “You’re good now” he continues, packing up the first aid back.

Hope looks away from him back on her plaster up knee, there’s no sight of an open wound there and she doesn’t even feels when he put it on.

Rafe picked up the dirty cotton ball and the towel along with the wrapper of the plaster before he gets up from the bed. Hope averts her eyes from her knee to him when she feels the bed shift and he rose up from it.

“Hey, Rafe” she calls out for him forcing the boy to stop, he looks down back to her.

“Yeah?” he answered.

She smiles “Thank you, for this. I appreciate it” she thanked him “And thank you for distracting me, that’s help me a lot. Or else I’ll be crying my ass off” she continues.

Rafe let out a small chuckle “I thought you weren’t crying?” he teased her back.

“Well, maybe I was” Hope admitted it, there’s no point of lying anymore.

Rafe probably aware of how much a cry baby she is by now. He saw her crying over something silly so many times.

“You’re welcome, Mia” Rafe replied to her “It’s my job, right? To take care of you, to take care of us? I just—I just keep my promised. Just like you did for me” he smiles, nodding his head.

“You’re a good person, Rafe” She mutters it, because she knows he is.

There’s a slight change on his face when she said that, knowing damn well it’s not right. He’s not a good person, he never thinks he’s a good person. People don’t think he’s a good person, because he did a lot of bad things.

“I’m not. You know that” he disagreed.

Hope slowly gets up from the bed, facing him.

“You are, I know you are” she convinced him “You just—you just happened to do something bad. But that doesn’t mean you’re a bad person” she continues.

Rafe pursed his lips “But you’re still not forgive me for what I did last night, right? You’re still mad at me for what I did to JJ” he pointed that out.

Because he knows she’s still is, even though she’s acting like nothing happened in front of him.

Hope feels a little struck at his words. “That’s uh—” she paused, not knowing what to say.

“That’s fine, I know that” Rafe chimes again. He gives her a smile, a pure one and that causing her heart swells.

Because he looks innocent for once, like he really regrets of what he did and wishing that he did not do that. It’s guilt tripping her, making her feels bad.

She let out sigh when Rafe turns away from her again.

“I really wish you didn’t do what you did back at the course yesterday, Rafe” she announced, muttering it slowly with a feeling muster inside her.

Rafe stops halfway but he didn’t turn away to look at her back. He feels her words deep inside him, hitting his core.

Because he knows if he didn’t pull that yesterday, they’re still fine until now. She’s not going to run away from to Barry and stay with JJ just like right now, he doesn’t need to beg for his forgiveness again and she’s not going to be far away from him.

He wasn’t regret of what he did before, he thinks that JJ deserved of what he gave to him. He deserved to be punch like that, for trying to take Hope from him. But right now, he wished he didn’t do that. He wished his emotion never got in his way and the voices inside his head didn’t force him to do something that he didn’t want to do.

Rafe wished he was different, he wished the drugs didn’t corrupted him.

“Yeah, me too” He mumbles it without looking at her.

He wished things were different for them too. He also wished for Hope to choose him instead of JJ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932K 19K 108
in which charlotte carrera finds herself more conflicted than she has ever been in her entire life. rafe cameron x fem! oc || seasons one + two + thr...
14.5K 238 38
I don't know what to do, it unbelievable, and I don't how to get over, get over, someone as dangerous, tainted and flawed as you. Moving to an unknow...
1.1M 21.7K 118
𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝘢𝘥𝘫. 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘸𝘦...
2.4K 61 13
"𝙞 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙧𝙖𝙛𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙜𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩." [obx season one - tbd] [oc x r...