Then and Now // Robby Keene x...

By ColonelSimp

Y/n Y/l/n transfers schools the summer before her Senior year of high school. She went out one night, but was... More

Important Notes
Season 2
Chapter 1: Reunion
Chapter 2: Valley Fest Demo
Chapter 3: Miyagi-Do Karate
Chapter 4: Lotus and Live Lyrics
Chapter 5: Chores
Chapter 6: Relief
Chapter 7: First Victory
Chapter 8: Valley Viral
Chapter 9: Starved
Chapter 10: Unanswered Questions
Chapter 11: Pursued
Chapter 12: That Feeling
Chapter 13: Asked Out
Chapter 14: Backstage Passes
Chapter 15: Confrontation
Chapter 16: West Valley High
Chapter 18: Angel Eyes

Chapter 17: Broken Again

269 14 40
By ColonelSimp

"Samantha LaRusso... You know what you did, and now you're gonna pay for it. I'm coming for you, bitch!"

The overhead speaker cut off.

Robby and I whipped our heads in each other's direction. Our eyes were wide with worry and confusion. Just then, the school bell rang overhead.

Robby and I jumped from our seats and started running. We pushed through the sea of students and bolted out of the room. Robby's long hair whipped wildly as the air hit his face.

Finally, we came across a group of students crowding the hallway. We pushed through the group towards the front. In the middle, stood Sam and another girl.

I recognized the other girl immediately, but I couldn't quite place her.

Robby looked over at me, and I looked back at him. His face was hard and tough. He let out two words, "Cobra Kai."

I immediately understood. I knew where I had seen the girl. She was at the beach club the day we all went. She pushed Sam into a table of food. Sam pointed her out to me after I saw the food all over her. Sam said her name was Tory.

"I saw what you did at the party," Tory spoke. "You kissed Miguel."

'Ooooo's erupted from the crowd. All my questions were answered. Tory and Miguel are dating. Sam had mentioned her ex boyfriend before, but I never expected him to be the leader of Cobra Kai.

People started whispering to each other. I looked around, my eyes landing on a familiar group of people. In the middle of them, stood Hawk—the guy with a big red mohawk. Around him, stood more Cobra Kais. I recognized them from the fight at the mall. They all had evil smiles on their faces.

Suddenly, Tory lunged forward and threw a punch at Sam. The kids in the halls suddenly got very loud. Sam dodged the punch and tried to run, but Tory grabbed Sam's backpack, pulling Sam back and making her face Tory again.

Tory kicked Sam in the stomach, making Sam fly backwards into the other Cobra Kais.

"Get back in there!" Hawk yelled, pushing Sam back towards Tory.

Tory kept throwing punches and kicks, some of which were blocked by Sam. I didn't realize that my fists were clenched. I couldn't watch this anymore. I took a step forward, but Robby held his arm out in front of me. He just looked at me, before running forward towards the two fighting girls.

Robby grabbed Tory's arm and yanked her back, sending her stumbling away. Robby looked at Sam. "Are you ok?" he asked. Just as Sam nodded back, Tory lunged forward and grabbed Robby's shoulders.

Robby spun and pushed Tory up against the lockers, holding her there. "Settle down!" Robby yelled. "I'm sure we can figure this—"

Suddenly, Robby was tackled to the floor by Miguel. The students watching just made even more noises.

I couldn't stay put any longer.

I ran towards Robby, ready to tear Miguel off of him, when someone pushed me from the side. It was Hawk.

He was quick to throw another punch. I leaned back and blocked it. He threw a roundhouse kick, which hit me in the side. He tried to kick me again, but I caught his leg and yanked it, making him fall to the ground. His back hit the floor and he grunted in pain.

I took a quick look around. Now numerous Cobra Kai students and Miyagi-Do students were fighting up and down the hallway. Everything around me was chaos.

I looked back down at Hawk in the ground. He put his hands behind his head and jumped swiftly back onto his feet. He looked at me evilly, before taking steps closer to me again.

I got into fighting position, ready to counter anything he had in mind, when I felt someone pull my arms behind my back. I tried to break free, but the person held my arms tight.

Hawk came up and kicked me in the stomach, followed my a punch to my face.

I lifted both my legs—using the guy behind me as support—and kicked Hawk backwards. Then I planted my feet on the ground and flipped the guy behind me over my head. He let go and we both fell to the ground, but I landed right in top of him, making sure to elbow him in the process.

I stood up quickly and started fighting off another Cobra Kai that ran up to me. This guy was tall and strong, with dark hair. He had the same ruthless anger in his eyes that Hawk had.

The guy grabbed my arms and threw me to the ground. I slid, closer to the doors leading out to the main lobby of the school. He ran towards me and lifted his leg to kick me, but I rolled out of the way and swept his legs out from under him. He fell to the ground too.

I stood quickly, looking down at him, when my focus was suddenly taken by Tory a yelling as she pushed Sam out into the big lobby of the school. When I wasn't paying attention, the Cobra Kai had gotten back to his feet.

He ran forward and pushed me out into the big room as well. Now all the Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do students were out here fighting. Even more West Valley students crowded around to watch the fights. Most of them had their phones out, recording the whole thing.

I pushed out of the guy's grip and kicked him backwards and into a large cement pillar.

I fought a bunch of Cobra Kai students. There were more than I expected. I felt never-ending. I finally kicked another one down.

I looked around quickly, trying to find Robby. My eyes landed on him. He and Miguel were fighting up the stairs. At this point, they were only on the first part of the stairs.

Miguel kicked Robby into another Cobra Kai student that was standing there. Then, Miguel bolted up the stairs, towards where Sam and Tory were fighting in the second floor.

I started running towards Robby. He was fighting off the Cobra Kai he was kicked into. My eyes landed on another Cobra Kai student that was also running in Robby's direction.

"Robby!" I yelled, hoping he'd hear me and see the other guy ready to attack him from behind. Robby kept fighting. I ran up the stairs as quickly as I could towards Robby.

I got there right before the Cobra Kai student could kick Robby in the back. I was able to kick the other guy away, sending him tumbling into the crowd the was watching the situation. At that same moment, Robby had fought his opponent away as well.

Robby started bolting further up the second part of the stairs. Still standing in the first section, I yelled for Robby again. This time, he looked down at me and stopped, just as he was about to climb the remaining stairs to the second floor.

We looked at each other, our breaths heavy and our chests heaving. I could feel my limbs tiring. The pain from the kicks and punches was starting to make itself known.

His eyebrows tilted. He looked worried. It looked like he was hesitating.

Suddenly, he yelled back, "Behind you!"

I turned. The guy I had just kicked had come back for more. I blocked his punches, one after another. Then he landed a kick. I stumbled back into one of the railings on the staircase, my back hitting the bar. I cursed in pain, before the guy punched me in the face.

I grabbed his arm and kneed him in his stomach a couple times, before spinning him around and holding his arm behind his back in a painful position. He winced, trying not to move and cause more pain in his arm.

Then my head turned towards Sam's scream sounding through the air. Sam was getting pulled by her hair down the third section of stairs by Tory.

I looked back at the guy I was holding onto, then down onto the ground level, which was only a few stairs down from where we were standing. I saw one of the guys from earlier running towards us.

When he got to the stairs, I kicked the guy in front of me, letting go of his arm. He stumbled forward, falling and landing onto the other Cobra Kai. They both fell to the ground, which earned a loud 'ooooo' from the crowd watching.

The two Cobra Kais were both trying to get up, but it was like neither one wanted the other one to get up first. They both wanted to be the strongest. So they just kept stumbling over each other.

I heard glass shattering and looked towards the sound. Hawk was laying on the floor, small cuts making his face a little red, while Demetri stood over him.

The fights were starting to settle.

I looked back up the stairs towards Sam and Tory. Tory was holding onto Sam's hair again, this time with some kind of spikes on her fist. Tory lifted her fist into the air, ready to punch Sam in the face. But when Tory tried to strike, Sam blocked it with her arm and kicked Tory over her.

Tory flew and landed onto one of the stair railings. Sam stood up quickly and kicked Tory in the face, sending her flying over the railing and onto another set of stairs.

Sam stood, breathing heavy and holding her arm. I ran up the stairs towards her.

"Sam, are you all right?" I asked her quickly. I could see the tears starting to form in Sam's eyes.

She shook her head quietly. "My arm... Tory..." Sam spoke in broken sentences. I looked at where Sam's hand was covering her injury and grabbed her arm gently.

Sam lifted her hand and revealed three deep cuts. Blood started dripping down her arm and soaking her sleeve. My breath caught in my throat. I looked over towards Tory. A small spiked bracelet laid beside her as she slowly stood to her feet.

I looked back towards Sam. "It's not too bad. You'll be ok, I promise." I grabbed Sam's hand and held it on her injury again. "Make sure to keep pressure on it." I looked at Sam, but she was looking at something else. I followed her gaze, my eyes landing on Robby and Miguel fighting.

It looked brutal. They were yelling at each other, punching and kicking each other. The crowd was yelling all around them.

The two were fighting right next to the railing, so even the crowd downstairs could see them. Miguel threw Robby to the ground, then held Robby's arm up in an arm lock.

Robby strained, his face scrunched in pain. I let go of Sam and ran up the remaining stairs towards the two boys, when suddenly, Miguel let go. I paused, somewhat confused.

Robby's arm fell back down normally. Robby's eyebrows raised slightly.

"I'm sorry," Miguel spoke quietly.

Robby laid there for a second, still breathing heavily, before furrowing his eyebrows. Robby let out a yell, before getting to his knees and elbowing Miguel in the face. They both stood. Robby spun and kicked Miguel in the back of his knee.

"Robby!" I yelled. "Robby, stop!"

He didn't listen.

I took a step forward, but it was too late.

Robby dealt the final blow.

He kicked Miguel in the chest, sending Miguel stumbling back into the railing. Robby kicked him so hard, that instead of just flying into the railing, Miguel flew over it.

Then everything happened in slow motion.

I ran towards the railing. Sam yelled Miguel's name, her voice ringing out in the now silent room. Everyone was watching, astonished.  Miguel kept falling.

Right before Miguel hit the stairs beneath him, I looked away. I couldn't watch. But I heard the noise. A large crack sounded through the air. It was a sound I could never forget.

I looked back slowly, hoping nothing actually happened; hoping I imagined it all; hoping it was all some twisted nightmare.

It wasn't.

Miguel laid on the stairs, unmoving.

I looked over at Robby, who was looking over the railing too.

Robby had kicked Miguel off the second floor.

Robby looked different, all the sudden. He was the same, but we wasn't. I feel like I hadn't ever seen him before this moment. He was new. He was raw. He was changed.

"Robby, what did you do?" I asked loudly.

He whipped his head in my direction, as if this was the first time he ever heard my voice. There were bruises on his face and blood dripping from his lip and above his eyebrow.

I took a step back.

I couldn't even recognize his face.

He just looked at me, his mouth hung open slightly. His eyebrows bunched together, a crease forming between them. The silence was slicing my insides.

I wanted Robby to explain. I wanted him to say something—anything. I wanted him to tell me that none of this was real.

Instead, he did something he swore he would never do.

He took a couple steps back, his eyes still locked in mine. Then, he ran past me and away from the situation. I felt the wind of him running hit my skin. I watched him in silence.

Robby Keene ran away.

Again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 870 19
𝘰𝘩 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳, 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Demetri x f! Reader ...
29.1K 708 30
A karate tournament just around the corner. Rivals facing rivals in one final battle. The fate of the war could go to either side. And this time the...
12.7K 262 29
Just when everyone expected the rivalry to end, it got worse. Now a new Sensei is stepping into the light and it's one that no one ever expected ...
4.1K 70 12
(Discontinued [sorry besties ] ) this is a cobra Kai story it'll be an female reader! but anyone else is obviously free to read! I do not own cob...