This changes everything

By lilliant200

When 22 year old Abi Armstrong moves to England to complete her Masters in sports psychology, she meets a men... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: New beginnings
Chapter 2: Arsenal
Chapter 3: Coffee
Chapter 4: A car ride of apologies
Chapter 5: Surprises
Chapter 6: A visitor and a fight
Chapter 7: Betrayal
Chapter 8: Alex
Chapter 9: The morning after
Chapter 10: Parents
Chapter 11: Brothers
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: 1000 piece puzzles
Chapter 14: Back to London
Chapter 15: Turning 23
Chapter 16: Its Just Dinner
Chapter 17: I Miss You's
Chapter 18: December
Chapter 19: Red Dress
Chapter 20: New years eve
Chapter 22: New girl
Chapter 23: Thesis
Chapter 24: Changing lives
Chapter 25: Across the sea
Chapter 26: Wedding bells
Chapter 27: How do we move on from this?
Chapter 28: Moving on from it
Chapter 29: From red to blue
NOT AN UPDATE

Chapter 21: Part two

1K 32 5
By lilliant200

"At this point we should just move in together again" 

It was the middle of January.  Leah and I took turns staying at each others' places, today was spent at hers.  There wasn't a night spent without each other.  It made sense, but remembering living together was the downfall of our relationship, made the decision more difficult. 

"Remember what happened last time?"  

"Fuck last time, that's in the past, we're two new people this time around" 

She was right.  It was me who pushed up us to get back together, I couldn't pin point the exact reason as to why I couldn't make that decision, other than what happened in the past.  We both agreed that the only way we were to work is to not bring up what happened in our relationship the first time around.  For whatever reason, I couldn't not have it in the back of my mind. 

"Can I think about it?" 

"Yeah, take all the time you need, I know it's hard for you to forget about things sometimes, but please don't worry about this, I don't want to ever lose you again" 

She pulled me back into her arms and started showering me in kisses all over my body.  Something she often did whenever I started to get in my own head, it was her own way of reassuring me. 

"Leah, we're going to be late!" 

She stopped and we both got out of her bed, and into our separate cars, headed to the same destination. 

---- 

Once arriving at the Arsenal training grounds, I headed straight to my professor's office.  Since it was January, I had about less than 4 months of my masters program left, most of the people in my class were staying for their Phd program, and I was headed in the same direction, although my professor would act suspicious whenever I made it a topic of conversation. 

"How's the thesis coming along" 

"Really good, I know you're a part of the board when it comes to me defending it, but I was wondering if you could look over it, I don't know who else could?" 

"Everyone else in the class has that luxury, just because you have me as your mentor is no different, of course I can" 

"Thanks, that means a lot" 

I started to exit the door to head into my own office, when he stopped me. 

"You've come a long way, Abi, I can tell you've made a big difference for these girls, more than I have in the past 5 years, I hope you get to continue that" 

I nodded my head and smiled, what could he ever mean by he hopes I could continue that. 

----- 

Once the day was over, Leah and I both took our separate cars, getting back to her place at separate times.  I was the one who usually cooked dinner, trying to get Leah to try new things, but her palate always stayed the same, simple. 

Tonight, I made this Kale and tomato pasta, it was simple, and I thought this might be something she might enjoy. 

"I don't like it" 

"It literally has 3 ingredients, kale, tomato sauce, and pasta noodles" 

"The kale tastes weird" 

She got up and took the ingredients out of the fridge to make herself a ham sandwich, something she would often do if she didn't like the meal I cooked.  

"What time are we going down to see your dad on Friday?" 

Ever since I told my Dad that Leah and I were together, he was begging for us to come down to have dinner with him.  I never told him that Leah and I broke up, so I just used the excuse of her being busy, which worked, since she was a professional footballer.  Now that we were back together, there was really no excuse for us not to go down.  I was excited for him to finally meet her, but also scared, what if he didn't like her. 

"Around 4, we'll have to leave as soon as we get back from training and work, then we'll try and leave there around 11, but 12 is the latest" 

My dad offered for us to stay the night, but Leah had training the next day so it just made for sense to us to come back late. That way we wouldn't feel rushed in the morning to make it back in time.  

We continued our usual night routine, where we would talk about our days, sit and watch TV, and Olly would cuddle between the two of us, with his head laying on my lap and the rest of him laying on Leah's.  Leah was right to say we should just move in together, we would act like a married couple all the time, even though we just got back together. 

"Also, my professor said the weirdest thing today" 

"Yeah? What was it?" 

"He basically told me I made a big difference at Arsenal, and that he hopes I get to continue that" 

"He probably just meant he's excited for your career and how you'll do" 

"I don't know he's been acting weird lately" 

"I swear you over analyze everything way too much" 

Before I could protest she shut me up immediately by kissing me. 

"I don't even want to talk about this, I can't even bother to think that you're leaving Arsenal in a few months" 

"I'll still be here though" 

"That's why you should just move in" 

We spent the rest of the night all over each other, again acting like a married couple in their honeymoon phase. 

----- 

It was now Friday, the day Leah was going to meet my dad for the first time.  I felt antsy the whole day, watching the clock tick by, wishing it would go by faster. 

When I'm looking forward to something, I can't get my mind off of it, it consumes me.  I was excited for Leah to meet my dad, I was finally proud of the life I was living, and I wanted to share that with one of the people who care most about me.  So I let the excitement for tonight consume all day.  All the girls I had sessions with that could tell, even Beth made a cheeky joke about it, she knew why I was acting different, and she definitely capitalized on that. 

It felt like the day was taken eternity to end but when it did, I rushed out of the grounds to hop in my car to head back to Leah's place.  I was so quick, I waited thirty minutes before she even walked in the front door.  I could tell she already showered, so all she had to do was change before we could hit the road. 

I was stress yelling at her to hurry up, so she did, but made sure to calm be down by showering me in kisses to make sure I didn't have a full on breakdown, and also took my phone so I wouldn't time her, and stress yell at her again for taking to long to change. 

She came down at a quick pace and we soon headed out the door.  We took her car and she drove us down, and I would drive us back, considering it was a two hour drive we decided to take turns.  Since I was driving us back she would also have time to get some extra sleep, she had training the next day, and I had the day off. 

On the way there, we had a concert in her car, blasting music and singing along, while she made sure she kept her hand on my thigh, and I held onto it, neither of us letting go the entire two hours. 

After a short two hours, we pulled into the driveway of my dad's home. 

"I'm getting kind of nervous" 

"Just talk about your football and you'll be fine" 

"What if he doesn't think I'm good enough for you" 

"He won't think that, he told me he started watching the WSL once I told him about you" 

I gave her a soft kiss before we headed to the front door, hoping it would calm her nerves a bit. 

We got to the front door and knocked.  Instead of my dad standing there in the doorway, there was a woman.  She was blonde, tall, and looked to be about the same age as my dad. 

What the fuck. 

"Hi, I'm Leslie, your dad's girlfriend" 

"What the fuck" 

--- 

A/N: 

-I was gonna add the rest of that in this chapter, but I thought leaving it on a cliffhanger might be a bit more fun:) 

-I started school yesterday and I'm tired, I was excited to go back but at the same time I forgot how tiring it actually is. 

-As always, thanks for the love:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.6K 2.1K 36
arsenal and england youngster alex smith (16) has had a tough childhood. what happens when her boyfriend breaks up with her and it pushes her over th...
78.7K 1.5K 33
Rewrite of my deleted story but a bit different!!! When Alex Scott gets her best friend, Abi's, daughter a chance to be a mascot for the lionesses, i...
198K 5.9K 48
Arsenal hires a new therapist in the wake of three key players tearing their ACLs. Emily Davis was the lead therapist at Angel City before her move t...