I'm Just A Chuunibyou: Why ar...

By Aiyuun

Yukiya Saito, is a 16 year old Chuunibyou who's starting his new journey in life called "High School". He ha... More

Chapter 0: If there are multiple destinies, who will you choose?
Chapter 1: A new Beginning
Chapter 2: Hokkyokusei High School
Chapter 3: More than three months passed
Chapter 4: Not a "shadow hero"?
Chapter 5: Haircut
Chapter 6: Training partners
Chapter 7: Unwanted attention
Chapter 8: Even if he's scared?
Chapter 9: [Operation: Blending in with the crowds.]
Chapter 10: Just your perfectly normal student.
Chapter 11: It's just the student council president.
Chapter 13: I caught you.
Chapter 14: A shadow hero who doesn't sweat.
Chapter 15: Surprise test.
Chapter 15.5: Did you have a fun day?
Chapter 16: She's just a "shoujo heroine"
Chapter 17: I'm just an "assassin"
Chapter 18: It's just a "kabedon" from a deliquent?
Chapter 19: A generic student character.
Chapter 20: We're not so different?
Chapter 21: Just exchanging notes.
Chapter 22: It's just the "lucky pervert" scene.
Chapter 23: A side character's plan on becoming popular.
Chapter 24: It's just a sinister plan to crush the chuunibyou.
Chapter 25: Dominating the match.
Chapter 26: Turning the tides.
Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"
Chapter 28: Just a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 29: "I'll never trust you again?"
Chapter 30: A pessimistic shoujo heroine and a Chuuni's words of assurance.
Chapter 31: Just seemed cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 32: He really is just acting cold but is actually caring.
Chapter 33: The end of Mocha's first day upon transferring.
Chapter 34: Just picking up being the "perfect" side character.
Chapter 35: A letter of challenge, a declaration to change.
Chapter 36: "Just watch me"
Chapter 37: Eating inside the classroom this time around.
Chapter 37.2: Adoption
Chapter 38: A shadow hero should be protected too?
Chapter 39: "Background Character Mode"
Chapter 40: A silent hero's tragedy.
Chapter 41: A shadow hero's sacrifice.
Chapter 42: The "revelation scene"
Chapter 43: "Do you seek power?"
Chapter 44: Just a mysterious character entrance.
Chapter 45: A sudden duel.
Chapter 46: A wall that must be conquered, a battle for supremacy.
Chapter 47: A dance of "chaotic harmony".
Chapter 47.2: Skill: [Pefect Body Coordination]
Chapter 48: Pure Talent vs Absolute Effort
Chapter 49: One with the mist and gone. A mysterious character exit.
Chapter 50: A storm is approaching. (Vol.1 [End])
Volume 1 Afterwords

Chapter 12: She's just part of the good guys.

183 11 1
By Aiyuun

[Chapter 12: She's just part of the good guys.]

After 30 minutes or so of waiting for the weird person to come.

In that thirty minutes, Senpai hasn't even moved an inch from the same spot she was standing on ever since the moment I found her here, guarding the door which has access to the rooftop. Also, I'm pretty much done with lunch and was just waiting for the weird person to come.

"Sigh. Still no sign of him coming." [That's because he's already here.]

After long minutes of waiting, there was still no signs of the weird person coming. Although the weird person senpai was looking for was actually me, but I wasn't aware of that. So I decided to stay because I thought it was interesting.

"So, senpai. What do you plan to do with the weirdo after you caught him?" I inquired.

"? I would just confront him to not come to the rooftop anymore. It's not like I'll put him in jail or anything." she explained that, "The rooftop is not well maintained so it could be dangerous for people to hang around with. That's why it's off limits to students."

"What if he refused to stop? Even after telling him off. It's not like someone will always be here to guard the door every time he tries to."

"Then, I'll just have to come here everyday to stop to him. It's my job to keep students out of trouble after all." she told me with hints of pride to her words.

"But. Why go through so much trouble?" I inquired, wondering what she'll get out of doing this.

She looked back at me and smiled. "As the student council president, it's my job to keep the students in line. My duty is to maintain peace and order to this school, preventing it from falling into chaos."

"Think of it this way. If one guy brake the rules, then others will follow. Then the world will be filled with traublesome people. However, as long as there are people who's willing to guide them in the right path, then we won't have to worry about being overrun with trouble makers. As the student council president, I'm willing to take on that responsibility and guide students to not lose their way."

As I stared at her telling all that, I could see the dedication remitting from her eyes to keep others out of trouble. And I, for one, a shadow hero who works for own beliefs of justice, admires her for that. She gains my respect for being our student council president of this school.

"I guess you're right. Senpai is really an admirable person." I complimented her.

She just smiled back at me as if accepting the compliment I just gave.

I put my hand on my chin thinking deeply.

'I see. So the student council isn't a bad organization huh. I'll take it that they took away my sword in consideration of the safety of the students. Sorry for accusing you of being a cult.'

'For now, I'll put them on the good side of the list...'

Thinking some more.

'Wait a minute, this situation seems familiar!'

I suddenly realized something about the situation that was unfolding right now.

'Isn't this development just like the ones that happen in the shows?!'

In the beginning of the series, where the shadow hero makes his first appearance. He was mistakenly perceived as one of the bad guys.

His motives were unclear, whose side he was on, or his objectives, so it was understandable for the good guys to assume he's one of the opposing sectors from how shady he moves.

That is why most were wary of the vigelante type of heroes, better known as "anti heroes" that appear in stories and treated as a potential threat.

Even viewers chategarize anti heroes as villains until they understand their character.

'Is that what this is? Is that what's happening right now?'

Just thinking about having people who want to catch me, makes me feel feel excitement.

'So if senpai is trying to catch the person (potentially my spy) who's she after, my job now was to make my appearance as Phantom and pretended that I was his acquittance. Then reveal to her that I'm not such a bad guy later on having some noble purpose as motivation.'

I turn my head to President Shiori-senpai.

"Senpai! Good luck!"

I enthusiastically wish her luck from enjoyment. Because, you know, one of the shadow hero's jobs was to be a hero who's misunderstood. I'm the misunderstood hero, and senpai is one of the good guys who'll try to catch me to know my mysterious purpose.

Together, I plan that we shall play a game of cat and mouse. This would be fun. Kukuku.

Senpai turned a little embarrassed. Because she has never seen anyone this enthusiastic before hearing her speech, so she was a little embarrassed by my strong reaction.

Who knows? To her, maybe I was just trying to humor her, maybe I'm not? It was still embarrassing either way.

*Grrrrrrrr...*

A loud growling sound can be heard bouncing off the silent walls of the staircase.

The growling noise was clearly coming from senpai's stomach, combine it in this quiet stairway, it could be heard loud and clear and she's aware just how loud the noise her stomach made was.

"Senpai. Are you perhaps, hungry?"

She blushed and replied with a little self-conscious tone to her voice.

"A, a little... Truthfully I haven't eaten yet. I rushed here and didn't think it would take this long to catch the suspected weird person. They said he always comes here early so I assumed it would be like that today as well. If I knew it would have taken this long then I would have eaten lunch earlier before coming here."

Senpai sounded like she regretted her decision.

"Do you want some?"

I offered her a batch of cookies that I also brought as part of my lunch.

"N, no. I couldn't. I can't just take a student's food because I was hungry." President Shiori-senpai humbly refused.

Aside from my lunchbox, there was also cookies that Ayaka packed for me. Well, I also lend a hand on making it. She's really been interested in baking lately ...Nvm, I remember I was the one doing all the work.

Ayaka said it was to celebrate my side charaterification and gave it to me to have as motivation. Ayaka was really been cheering me on in this idea of blending in with the crowds ...or maybe she just wanted to eat cookies? Well, the intentions is not that important since we're here.

"It's okay. No, I insisted. I've already finished eating my lunch so I was already quite full. It would be really helpful if senpai helped me finish all this."

Plus, this is also considered as helping out the good guys so I have no problem with that at all.

"Then. If it wasn't too much of a bother, then I'll have to accept."

"Go ahead" I said with a smile.

Senpai happily ate every last bit of the cookies I gave her. Guess she was really that hungry after all even if she denied it.

"The cookies taste great, where did you get them?"

"I made it at home with my sister." I replied.

'Not only does he have good looks, he also knows how to cook. If only I had someone like him as a boyfrien- ..No! I need to stay focused, so stop with those thoughts. Love isn't what a strong leader should be thinking. I should focus more on my studies and how to fulfill my duties as student council president.'
[Senpai is a single and responsible person.]

Senpai looked at her phone to check what time it was already, and the screen on her phone shows it was already 12:48pm.

"Look at the time. You can go on ahead. You wouldn't want to be late for your lessons, do you?"

"How about senpai?"

"I'll stay on guard for a little longer. I'll head back in a few more if I haven't yet encountered the weird person."

"Okay then, I'll take my leave."

I left to go back to my classroom while senpai stayed behind to wait a little longer for the weird guy to come.

I did go back to my classroom. However, in reality, I just dropped off my lunchbox at my desk and will go back soon after to see if there really was a spy, deciding whether I pretend to join him and be misunderstood as one of the bad guys.
[Still doing his chuunibyou roleplay of having a spy/assassin stalking him.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 13.8K 71
This is my first fic and I've no plans to update it any sooner. And believe me, even I cringe at some parts. This is a fanfiction set in the COTE uni...
22.6K 324 23
Hello !! This is my first story, I apologize, it's not perfect, but I hope you enjoy. You, the reader, is a transfer student attending U.A. Universit...
9.8K 371 16
A young mute boy just trying to survive this whole thing we call life, and is currently up against his toughest challenge yet...high school. Not only...