Speed of Sound (Male reader x...

By Divine_Quirk

(Y/N) the Wolf was enjoying a casual life with not a lot of worries, but that was quickly changed when he was... More

Chapter 1 (SA1)
Chapter 2 (SA1)
Chapter 3 (SA1)
Chapter 5 (SA1)
Chapter 6 (SA1)
Chapter 7 (SA1)
Chapter 8 (SA1)
Chapter 9 (SA1)
Chapter 10 (SA1)
Chapter 11 (SA1)
Chapter 12 (SA2)
Chapter 13 (SA2)
Chapter 14 (SA2)
Chapter 15 (SA2)
Chapter 16 (SA2)
Chapter 17 (SA2)
Chapter 18 (SA2)
Chapter 19 (SA2)
Chapter 20 (Heroes)
Chapter 21 (Heroes)
Chapter 22 (Heroes)
Chapter 23 (Heroes)
Chapter 24 (Heroes)
Chapter 25 (Heroes)

Chapter 4 (SA1)

1.9K 55 12
By Divine_Quirk

(Readers POV)

Me, Sonia, and Tails all made it to the Mystic Ruins again. We looked around and noticed a giant hole inside of a giant mountain.

(Y/N): That entrance wasn't there before.

Tails: Yeah... Not to mention, I actually don't remember this mountain being there either.

She doesn't remember the mountain? She does have a workshop in the area, so she'd probably know the area really well.

Sonia: Sounds like all the more reason to explore it.

The three of us entered into the cave and started to run down the tunnel. We saw another entrance to an area that's completely covered in snow and ice. We walked inside of it and there is a wooden ladder at the end of the icy room. I let out a huff of air, it being visible due to the cold. The three of us went over to the ladder and all climbed up on it. At the top of the ladder, we made it to a large open room covered in snow.

(Y/N): If I knew we were going to a place like this, I would've dressed properly.

Sonia: You just gotta keep moving. Heat yourself up by running.

Sonia and Tails left the room, me following close behind them. We exited the room and into the open, now on a sloped snow area with several cave entrances.

Tails: This place reminds me of Icecap from Angel Island.

Sonia: Yeah Tails, you might be onto something with that.

Sonia dashed into one of the cave entrances as me and Tails tried to keep up. I looked over at Tails.

(Y/N): What's an Angel Island?

Tails: It's a floating island that me and Sonia had to deal with Eggman on during one of our adventures.

(Y/N): You guess went all the way to a floating island?

Tails: The island came to us, falling from the sky and into the ocean.

(Y/N): Just how many weird adventures have you and Sonia been on?

Tails: A lot actually.

After running through the tunnel, me and Tails ended up in a huge open room that has a huge stalactites made of ice hanging off the ceiling of the room. A saw a blur of blue run past me, running back and stopped in front of me. I saw the blur was Sonia.

Sonia: Yeah Tails, we are on Angel Island.

(Y/N): Isn't it supposed to be floating though? Why would it be down on the ground?

I asked, since if anyone would know the answer it would be Sonia and Tails.

Tails: I remember delivering the Master Emerald back to the island and that caused it to begin floating again.

Sonia: So something happened to the Master Emerald?

Tails: That's my best guess.

(Y/N): Master Emerald?

Sonia: It's like the Chaos Emeralds, but it's green, big, and only one of them.

Just how many weird magical gems are there? Sonia and Tails started to run around the room, slowing climbing up thanks to protruding rocks covered in snow. I started to follow the route they were taking, going from rock platform to rock platform.

Sonia: Since we are back in Icecap, how about we go and visit other places after we're done here?

Tails: That would be nice. I would love to analyze Hydrocity more in depth.

Sonia: Uh, I think you mean Hydro-City.

Tails: It's pronounced Hydrocity!

Sonia: It's a city submerged in water! Hydro-City!

Sonia and Tails stopped in their place and turned to look back at me.

Sonia and Tails: (Y/N)! You agree with me, right?!

(Y/N): I-I don't even know what you two are talking about.

I felt everything start shake and a cracking noise could be heard, echoing throughout the room. I looked over and saw the giant ice stalactite falling down. It crashed into the floor of the room, kicking up a bunch of snow. I wiped my face of any snow that got onto it and saw that the top of the stalactite made a perfect bridge to an exit.

Sonia: There's our ticket outta here!

Sonia ran across the top of the huge piece of ice and went through the exit. Tails followed her as I quickly made my way to the exit. I went through a small tunnel, seeing Sonia and Tails waiting at the end for me. At the end was a way back outside. We all went outside. Sonia looked back.

Sonia: Wow!

Me and Tails looked back to see a giant wave of snow coming down at us. Sonia grabbed onto my arm and jumped away, with Tails jumping with her. Sonia and Tails landed on two conveniently placed snowboards. Sonia and Tails started to go as fast as possible to stay way from the waves of snow. I held onto Sonia tightly, trying to make sure I don't fly off and get buried in the snow.

Sonia: Woohoo!

I see Sonia has the biggest smile on her face as she leaned forward to go even faster. Sonia quickly swerved to the left and went through thin shards of ice, making them shattering on impact.

(Y/N): D-Don't you think you should slow down?!

I shouted to hope that she hears me.

Sonia: Slow down?! What do those words mean?!

She shouted back at me. A bunch of trees are coming up, making Sonia dodge and weave between them. We barely missed a couple of trees. I saw a ramp made out of snow coming up. Sonia looked at me and smiled.

(Y/N): No no no!

Sonia leaned forward even further, gaining more speed as we went on the ramp, going high up into the air.

(Y/N): AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Sonia started to spin around through the air. When we landed, we landed straight and continued to go forward. We eventually reached a flat open area. Sonia stopped the snowboard and got off of it. I let go of her and put my hand on my chest, feeling my heart beat really fast. I heard Sonia laugh to herself.

Sonia: That was so cool! I never had that much fun snowboarding before!

(Y/N): I'm just glad that it's over.

Sonia: You have to admit, it was pretty fun.

(Y/N): I guess looking back, it was kinda fun.

I looked back and saw that Tails made it to us. She stopped her snowboard and got off of it.

Tails: Glad to see you two stuck that landing.

Sonia just smirked and gave Tails a thumbs up. Tails reached into a pocket of hers and pulled out a green gem. I think that's a Chaos Emerald.

Tails: I just so happened to find this on the way down.

Sonia: Nice job Tails! Now we have two emeralds!

Tails tossed the Chaos Emerald to Sonia. She caught the emerald with one hand and put it in her back pocket.

Sonia: Let's get outta here and search somewhere else!

(Time Skip)

Me, Sonia, and Tails all returned to the Mystic Ruins. As we were walking, I saw someone ahead of us.

He has long red hair and striking purple colored eyes. I noticed that he has two spikes on each of his gloves. Sonia and Tails noticed the guy and stopped, making me stop too.

Sonia: What's up, Knuckles?

Seems like Sonia and Tails knows this guy. He punched the air twice and lunged forward with a third punch straight at Sonia, making her somersault to the side to dodge the attack.

Sonia: Something bugging you?

Knuckles: No times for games, Sonia! Give me the emeralds you have! Right now!

Sonia: What?! Let's just see you take them!

Knuckles punched forward, trying to hit Sonia. She jumped up into the air to dodge, but he did an uppercut, jumping into the air too and hitting Sonia. Sonia quickly kicked Knuckles, knocking him down to the ground.

Knuckles: Oh no!

Sonia landed on the ground and started to spin around on the ground at fast speeds. Knuckles tried to follow her. Sonia dashed forward at Knuckles. He managed to catch her and threw her away. Sonia managed to stop herself and dashed at Knuckles. He dashed at Sonia and they crashed into each other. I saw the green and blue Chaos Emeralds fall out from Sonia from the impact. Sonia quickly looked back at the two gems.

Sonia: Oh no, the Chaos Emeralds...!

I heard a familiar laugh as Eggman showed up on the scene in his flying pod.

Knuckles: Ahh! Eggman!

A beam came from his pod, hitting the two emeralds and sending them up to him. Eggman grabbed the two emeralds, holding them in his hands.

Eggman: Ha! Like taking candy from a baby!

Sonia and Knuckles got up.

Knuckles: That's a Chaos Emerald!

Eggman: That's right fool! You made it all too easy! You practically gave them to me!

Sonia: Hold it right there, creep! You can't get away with this!

Sonia turned to look at Knuckles.

Sonia: Knuckles, don't tell me Eggman tricked you again?

Knuckles: Me? What about you?

Sonia: Way to go, knucklehead!

Eggman: Now I have 4 lovely emeralds!... Chaos!

When Eggman called it's name, a puddle of blue liquid appeared and began to form the monster. I saw that it's slightly bigger and has another emerald inside of it. I guess Eggman didn't waste time using the emerald he took from us at the casino.

Eggman: These are for you, my friend!

Eggman tossed both emeralds at Chaos, making a bright yellow light come from its body when the emeralds made contact with Chaos's body. When the light disappeared, Chaos had changed forms again.

It definitely looks more fish like.

Tails: Ah! He transformed again!

Sonia: Man, no one cuts us any slack!

(Y/N): Just when I thought this thing couldn't get any more intimidating.

Sonia: Looks like we have to fight this guy!

Chaos grabbed onto me, Sonia, Tails, and Knuckles and threw us into a nearby pond. It entered the pond and made a lot more water appear. The water turned into a thick substance that made us slowly sink into it. The four of us jumped onto some nearby big lily pads to avoid sinking into the thick water.

Tails: He might have 4 emeralds, but there are 4 of us!

(Y/N): How are we supposed to fight that thing?! It's submerged in this thick water! It has us all surrounded.

Knuckles: That doesn't matter! The moment it sticks it's head out, that's the moment we strike!

Chaos started to shift through the water, knocking down the lily pads nearby. Me, Tails, and Sonia started to jump from pad to pad, trying to avoid Chaos. Knuckles jumped up and started to glide through the air. He made it to a rocky wall and stabbed the spikes on his gloves into the wall, sticking to it.

(Y/N): That's kinda cool...

Chaos flipped out of the water for a moment, causing large waves in the water and made the pads shift and sink. I tried to land on a pad that was unaffected by the waves, but I slipped and fell into the water.

Sonia: (Y/N)!

I saw Chaos coming right for me. It stuck its head out as Sonia dashed forward in a ball and crashed into its head, making it sink back down into the water and swam away. Tails grabbed onto me and flew me out of the water.

(Y/N): Phew, thanks for the save.

Tails: That was close!

Knuckles: It's not over yet!

I saw Knuckles start to take chunks out of the wall he was on and threw them down at Chaos, trying to hit its head. Chaos tried to swim around the huge chunks of rock, but one managed to hit its head.

Knuckles: Yeah! Take that!

Chaos started to send out tons of waves as he reached out and grabbed onto Knuckles. Tails let go of me on a pad and flew over to Knuckles. She swiped her tails through Chaos's arm, cutting it off. The liquid came off of Knuckles's body and went into the water.

Sonia: Tails! Watch out!

Chaos's other arm came out and grabbed onto Tails. She tried to get out of its grasp, but couldn't get out. She started to get pulled down into the water. Sonia tried to get Tails free, but Chaos grabbed onto her too.

Knuckles: Hold on!

Knuckles jumped off of the wall and glided over to me.

Knuckles: Hey, I'm Knuckles the Echidna!

(Y/N): (Y/N) the Wolf.

Knuckles suddenly picked me up with one arm and threw me down at Chaos as hard as he could. I crashed into the water and crashed into Chaos's head. Chaos disappeared from the water as it went back to be normal.

Knuckles: That actually worked...?

Me, Sonia, and Tails quickly got out of the water as everyone got away from the pond and went back to where Eggman was.

Sonia: Now to make you pay for that trouble!

(Chapter 4 end)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 859 23
When you get captured by Eggman, your whole life turns upside down. But when all seems lost, will an unlikely hero save you?
6.6K 126 10
Y/N the hedgehog used to live in a different world after one day he was forced from it and had to live in Remnant. While he did quickly made home the...
3.1K 59 12
Y/n was your regular college student until he was bitten by a radioactive spider and well you know the rest.
8K 123 16
This isn't exactly a male reader insert story, it's more of a "What If?" In the Hero of Equestria series by The Nintega Guy I'm doing these just for...