๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž...

By aviqnlo

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐… ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ | Tara Raven a normal girl, or so she thinks. - Tara leads a pretty normal life... More

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง !
โœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš
๐ˆ : ๐š ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž
๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ซ๐ฌ. ๐ƒ๐จ๐๐๐ฌ?
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ ๐จ๐?
๐• : ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ข๐๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐œ๐ฒ
๐•๐ˆ : ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ฅ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ง
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐ฆ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐ฌ๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐š๐ฌ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ž
๐ˆ๐— : ๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐ฌ๐š๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฒ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ
!Please read!
๐— : ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก
!please read!
๐—๐ˆ : ๐š๐ง ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง?
Please read
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ : ๐š ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐›๐ฎ๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ž๐ฌ๐ž๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
!!

๐ˆ๐• : ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ-๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ฉ ?!

640 14 17
By aviqnlo

.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎
" your job was to get us here alive. "
.☪︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖☁︎

It was a few days that Percy and Tara had been waking up off and on, mostly Percy waking up off and on.

Percy kept seeing this one dark-skinned girl watching him, especially while Tara was asleep beside him.

Tara finally woke up, quickly sitting up as a sharp pain ran through her back.

Grover looked over at her, grabbing her shoulder gently. " it's okay, you and Percy are safe now. And you need to be careful, you pulled your back. "

Tara looked behind him, the Minotaur horn on the table, pausing.

Tara looked up as she spoke in a groggy yet saddened tone. " it really happened. "

She went to touch her nose, a tiny splint on it.

Tara looked over at Grover again as he spoke. " well, it's a big deal to kill a monster like that. So, I wanted everyone to know— "

Tara corrected him. " Percy killed it, not me. "

Grover sighed as she continued. " did you see it? Did you see what happened to Percy's mom?.. "

Grover looked down. " I did. " he paused. " I'm sorry. for.. everything. My job was to protect you both, to get you here safely.. maybe if I'd told you the truth a little sooner, Percy's mom would still be here— "

Suddenly another voice spoke up. " please.. stop. "

Tara and Grover looked over at Percy, their eyes sympathetic.

Grover stared at him, slightly tilting his head. " I know this isn't easy but I wanna talk about it. "

Percy sat up. " I don't. " he simply said.

Tara sighed her back was in so much pain.

She winced a little as Grover looked at her. " Tara, please be careful with your back. "

Tara rubbed her forehead. " yeah, be careful with my nose too. " she tried to joke to brighten the mood.

Grover smiled a little as Percy stood up, putting his pants on over his shorts.

He spoke to Grover. " your job was to get us here alive. " he paused as he looked at Grover, glancing at Tara as well. " so your job is done. "

Grover tried to think of something to say but instead he just said. " where are you going? "

Percy looked at Tara and Grover. "It was so important I get here cause my dad is a god and your mother, Tara, is a goddess. So I'm gonna go find him. You should try to find your mother too. "

Percy reached for the door, as Grover tried to yell out. " yeah, but it isn't that— " the door slammed shut, before Grover could finish. " simple.. "

Grover looked at Tara. " we should probably go after him. "

She nodded. " can you help me up.. my back kinda hurts. "

Grover stood up, walking over to her side of the bed, helping her up and letting her lean on him as they walked out.

WITH PERCY

He walked out, looking around, a curious and frustrated look in his eyes.

There was a lake and a few campers with canoes.

He looked to the other side, there was a man lying back with shades on.

Percy looked confused as he walked towards the man.

As he entered he saw a wheelchair with a coat draped over it.

He tilted his head a little as he walked closer to the man.

It was really silent, you could hear Percy's footsteps on the wood floor as he spoke. " excuse me? I'm Percy Jackson, I'm new here. "

The guy inhaled some air before yelling loudly. " Peter Johnson is here! "

Percy shifted his feet. " kay, that isn't.. really my name. " he paused. " I guess I'm looking for the office? Or.. whoever's in charge, so.. " he awkwardly said, raising his eyebrows a little.

Grover helped Tara in the room as he spoke up. " wait, wait, wait! Percy! Um, " he paused pointing at the guy. " mr. D, camp director. "

He continued. " mr. D, this is, uh, Percy Jackson. "

Mr. D looked at Grover with a look. " yeah, Grover. I heard him the first time. " he threw his shades on the table and looked at Tara. " I suppose your Tara Raven, I can tell by the nose splint. "

Tara scoffed a little as Percy looked at him, a sassy look on his face. " yeah, but did you hear me the first time? "

Grover turned Percy to look at him. " okay. You really don't wanna start with this guy. "
- " he's starting with me. "

Grover looked at Percy. " Percy, the D is for Dionysus. That's Dionysus. "

Tara turned to mr. D as Percy had a confused tone as he spoke to Grover. " what do you mean, Dionysus? Like.. like, the god Dionysus? "

Grover impatiently said. " yes. "

Tara spoke up. " no way. " she muttered.

Grover looked at her. " yes! "

They all turned towards mr. D As Percy spoke. " excuse me, your highness? "

Mr. D shook his head.

Tara stopped Percy. " hold on Percy, mr. D, is my brother and sister here? Nisha Raven and Caspian Raven, my dad said he sent them to a camp but he never told me which. "

Mr. D looked at Tara. " yes child, they are in one of the cabins. " he shrugged, not telling her which, he could care less.

Percy looked down. " I think my dad may be around here somewhere too. And Tara's mother. We dont know how to ask for them. We don't even know their names. But we think we should see them. I just.. I think we really need that right now. " he went silent for a moment, before speaking. " can you help us? "

Mr. D looked at him, shifting his leg down. " actually.. I think I can, I can help you at least. " he paused as Percy tilted his head before continuing. " son. "

Percy looked shocked, his eyebrows shooting up. " dad? "

Dionysus smiled. " yes, Peter. "
- " it's Percy. "

His ' dad ' grinned. " exactly! Now, before we get to know each other, there's something very important I want you to do for me, okay? "

Percy nodded, a look of flabbergast still on his face.

Tara and Grover slowly looked at each other, Tara surprised and Grover slightly apprehensive and annoyed.

Dionysus pointed at a random direction. " in the galley. There is a bottle of 1985 Château Haut-Brion. Will you go fetch that for me? " he simply said.

Percy looked confused. " dad, is that really all you have to say to me? " he scoffed softly.

Grover spoke up. " hey, um, Mr. D, even if Percy was— "

Dionysus interrupted Grover. " uh-uh-uh, bup. Grover quiet, please. This is a nice moment! Don't ruin it. " he paused looking at Percy. " the galley is right down that path. Grab that bottle and I'll talk to you about whatever you want! You know, uh.. " he tried to find the right words. " you! Uh.. me, who cares? "

Percy looked at Grover and Tara as Grover exhaled softly, his gaze still apprehensive.

Percy scoffed as a hooved like sound came around the house.

Grover, tara and Percy watched as mr. Brunner stepped in but it wasn't him, he was half a horse?!

Tara and Percy looked him up and down, a look of surprise on Percy's face and a look of surprised mixed with awe on her face.

Brunner clicked his tounge. " Percy. Tara. "

Tara had a glint of amusement on her face. " mr. Brunner? " she said, her mouth slightly agape.

Grover corrected her. " uh. Mr. Brunners real name is Chiron. " he paused looking at Chiron. " camp activities director, immortal trainer of heroes, he is— "

Chiron interrupted Grover. " Grover, thank you. I'll take it from here. "

Grover nodded as Chiron looked at Percy and Tara. " well, this must be a lot for you both to process. " he said.

Percy looked at him as he blurted out a sarcastic comment. " oh, no. It's fine. I mean. You're a horse. And my dad won't talk to me unless I get him a drink. this all seems totally normal. "

Chiron looked stunned. " oh, no, no, no. No. " he shook his head. " mr. D is not your dad. " he corrected.

Grover and Percy looked over at Dionysus as he spoke. " I could be. " he shrugged, sighing.

Chiron looked at him. " yes, but are you? " he said, with slight sarcasm.

Dionysus looked at Chiron. " why must you ruin everything? " an annoyed look on his face, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Chiron groaned softly. " mr. D knows that Zeus has forbidden him from consuming alcohol. And that demigods are able to do things for gods that gods are forbidden to do for themselves. Mr. D was taking advantage of that. Hm? "

Dionysus shrugged. " eh? "

Chiron looked at Percy. " Percy. Walk with me, and we'll start again. Hm? "

Percy looked at Grover and Tara. " what about Tara? " he questioned.

Chiron nodded. " I see grover has already been helping Tara, he can show her around the camp. "

Grover looked at Tara as Percy walked up to her and hugged her as he spoke to her. " thank you, Tara. For helping me that night. "

Tara hugged him as best as she could. " of course. "

She kissed Percy's forehead before he walked off with Chiron.

Grover nodded at her, letting out a quiet exhale. " let's go. "

WITH GROVER AND TARA

they walked down a road, well tara limped but she saw it was nothing but fields.

Grover didn't mind helping her, he enjoyed it.

He looked at her. " this is camp half-blood Tara. For young demigods like you. It protects you from the monsters that try and hurt you. "

Tara groaned softly, slight pain in her back. " like mrs. Dodds and the Minotaur? " she quietly said.

Grover nodded, his hand placed on her middle back to hold her up. " and more. "

Tara saw a statue of a god, there was multiple statues of gods placed throughout the camp.

Grover pointed to where the campers was picking fruits. " that's the strawberry field. We pick them to send them to New York restaurants and Mount Olympus. Chiron says it pays our expenses. "

Tara nodded. " they look nice. "

Grover hummed.

Tara remembered something. " oh no.. "

Grover looked at her. " what? Are you okay? "

She shook her head. " I lost chirons fountain pen! Was that his last one? "

Grover cleared his throat. " check your pocket real quick. "

Tara looked at him. " Grover, I just said I lost it on the hill— "

Grover chuckled a little, raising his eyebrows. " just check your pocket! "

They both stopped as Tara reached into her pocket, she felt something.

She pulled out the fountain pen.

Tara looked at Grover. " how?.. "

Grover smiled at her. " Chiron said something like unless you surrender it, it will always find its way back to you.. I don't really remember. " he sheepishly said.

Tara grinned. " that's so cool! what else haven't you shown me? " she completely forgot about the pain in her back that was.. until she started to walk again.

" we still need to look at the cabins, let's go. " grover explained.

She stuffed the pen back in the pocket of her shorts as they continued to walk.

FEW MINUTES LATER

Grover and Tara walked up to these huge and small cabins shaped in a U shape around multiple statues.

Grover grinned. " twelve cabins for each god. Well thirteen but no one ever stays in that one. "

She looked at where Grover was pointing, there was a purple and black cabin with a moon on top.

Tara squinted her eyes. " why not? "

Grover shrugged. " that's nyx's cabin, she doesn't really have demigod children and the ones that are nyx's children have never been claimed before. "

Tara hummed. " mm. I understand now! Do you have to be claimed to stay in those? " she pointed at the other cabins.

Grover nodded. " yep! " he looked at Tara. " but you aren't claimed yet, tara. "

Tara looked confused. " well when does one get claimed? "

Grover shifted his feet, looking slightly shy. " well it's in the gods timing. Your mother may claim you tomorrow, next week, it might be.. " he paused.

Tara looked at him. " never? " she sighed a little. " that's alright. " she shrugged softly.

Grover looked at her sympathetically. " well there is a cabin you can stay in for now. " he pointed at the wooden one. " Hermes, he's the god of travelers. "

Grover helped Tara walk closer to the cabin. " his cabin is place to both his own children and the unclaimed! "

They both walked in as Grover announced. " guys! "

Everyone went silent and looked over at Tara as she got nervous and started to fidget with her hands.

Grover nodded. " this is Tara Raven, new Demi-god. " he announced, a smile on his face as everyone just nodded or muttered something. Everyone stared at her for a moment before quickly turning back to their chatter.

Tara hit the back of Grover's head, her eyes narrowed.

Grover looked at her, whispering. " what was that for! "

Tara tried not to chuckle as she spoke. " I didn't need you to do that. " she didn't like all the attention.

Tara looked at Grover. " is this all? "

Grover rubbed his head and nodded a little. " well there's more but you'll see it later, we can go sit somewhere if you don't wanna be in here right now. "

She nodded as they both walked off.

WITH PERCY

He to was in the Hermes cabin, he saw Tara but he guessed she didn't see him because she didn't walk up to him.

He turned to open up his bag as he pulled out the candy his mother got for him, he sighed.

He heard a few kids talking about him as he turned to look that way, he immediately thought they were gonna be like Nancy bobofit.

A buff brunette walked towards him, percy stuffed the candy back into his bag quickly.

Percy stood up, looking at the brunette. " look, if you want to give me a hard time, just do it tomorrow. " he sighed. " I can't do any more today. "

The brunette shrugged. " heard what happened to you and your friend on the hill. And I just.. " he paused trying to find the right words. " wanted to say I'm really sorry. " he sympathetically said.

Percy looked confused as the brunette continued. " I know what you're going through. Believe me. " he smiled at Percy as he held out his hand. " I'm Luke. "

Percy slowly took his hand, slowly saying. " Percy. "

FEW HOURS LATER

Percy and Tara sat at the fire pit that was lined of stone, Grover was no where to be seen.

Percy looked at Tara. " thought you would be with Grover. " he grinned a little.

Tara looked at him. " nah. He said he had to do something. " she shrugged, throwing random sticks into the fire.

Percy shrugged, looking at the fire again " it's pretty warm for a fire tonight, don't you think. " he sarcastically said.

Tara chuckled, looking at the fire again. " yeah it is. "

Tara looked over, she saw her older sister, Nisha, Tara's face flabbergasted.

She nudged Percy. " look, it's my sister Nisha. "

Percy looked over. " go talk to her! "

Tara turned to look at him. " are you sure? I don't wanna leave you here alone. "

Percy nodded. " yes, Tara. Go ahead. "

Tara nodded as she stood up, walking over to Nisha.

she sat down beside her, a small smile on her face.

Nisha turned to look at whoever sat beside her.. Immediately Nisha recognized her. " Tara? Is that really you? "

Tara nodded. " hi Nisha. "

Nisha pulled her into a tight embrace, a smile on her face. Tara and Nisha hadn't seen each other in 2 years.

WITH GROVER

He ran into the office. " sorry to interrupt. Is now an okay time to talk? "
- " no! "

Chiron looked at Dionysus. " Yes, go ahead. "

Grover immediately started talking. " it's Sally jackson. " he paused as the two looked at him before continuing. " I think I know what really happened to her. "

He anxiously kept talking. " I've never seen a Minotaur crush a human to death, but I just.. assume that they'd get really squishy. Or something. or like... like an old banana, maybe. "

Chiron tried to interrupt him but Grover just ignored him. " but she evaporated. Like a monster would. So, I went to the Cloven Council and they had actually heard of this happening before. And that, when a mortal is really close to death, hades himself can actually reach out and— "

Chiron looked at him, finally interrupting. " yes, we know. "

He looked confused, furrowing his eyebrows. " but you haven't told Percy or Tara anything yet? "

Dionysus looked at him, an unamused look on his face. " No. No one is gonna tell them anything. "

Grover stuttered out the words. " but.. don't they deserve to know the truth? "

Chiron looked thoughtful. " Grover. The truth can be very dangerous if it isn't handled carefully. "

Grover shook his head. " I don't wanna lie to him.. or Tara anymore. "

Dionysus slammed his card on the table. " come on. There are powerful forces at work here, boy. Forces that have laid waste to the earth before, and are close to doing it again. So, you don't wanna lie to your little friends? " he scoffed. " too bad. I suggest you steer clear of them, then. Because, you. will. say. nothing to them about this. Do you understand? "

Grover lowered his head, staying quiet for a moment before he walked out.

WITH NISHA AND TARA

They both sat giggling and eating s'mores, enjoying their time together.

Suddenly Tara felt someone tap on her shoulder as she quickly turned around.

Tara saw the black haired boy. " hey Grover! Why don't you join us? "

Grover looked anxious as he spoke. " Tara can you come with me really quick? "

Tara looked at nisha. " uhm sure.. I'll be right back nisha. "

Tara stood up, as Grover grabbed her arm, taking her to a spot no one could hear them, Tara had to stumbled after him.

Grover looked at Tara, his face anxious. " Tara, you can't tell Percy this, or anyone. "

Tara looked shocked, but quickly composed herself. " okay. I won't I swear. "

Grover sighed, quietly admitting. " I know what happened to Sally. "

Tara was almost speechless, her eyebrows furrowing. " I thought she died?.. "

Grover shook his head. " no, when a mortal is close to death hades himself can actually reach out and take them. I think that's what happened, Tara. " he spoke quietly.

Tara shook her head in disbelief. " why can't we tell Percy? "

Grover fidgeted with his hands. " because I wasn't even supposed to tell you or I would get in huge trouble. "

Tara looked at him, blinking a few times. " then why'd you tell me if you couldn't? "

Grover looked at Tara. " because I trust you, Tara. I trust that you won't tell anyone. "

She nodded, her face sincere. " I won't I promise. "

Grover thanked her as they both walked back, in silence.

They found nisha again but she sat with Percy this time.

Tara walked up to Percy and nisha " Percy, nisha! Do you guys wanna get more s'mores and maybe Grover will wanna join in this time? "

Percy nodded. " yes please! I've been waiting forever. " he sassily said, looking between Grover and Tara.

They all chuckled as they went to roast marshmallows and hang out.

FEW HOURS LATER

Tara and Percy walked into the cabin they were assigned.

Tara whispered to Percy. " where are you staying at? "

Percy pointed at the direction. " right there. "

Tara nodded as she pointed to where she was staying. " I'm staying right there so if you need me come wake me up. "

Percy nodded as they parted.

Tara laid down in the sleeping bag, trying to get her back and nose comfortable.

She didn't realize how tired she was before until now because as soon as she laid down, she was out.

IN TARAS DREAM

She opened her eyes, She was in a desert with a fire.

She looked around, confused.

There was a beautiful sunset.. she looked back and started to play with the sand.

Suddenly another flame started a little farther from her, she looked over at it, a confused and frightened look on her face.

She wouldn't let her sight away from it.

Suddenly a raspy voice spoke up. " ah, she left you here. "

Tara slowly stood up as the voice continued. " left you with nothing. " the voice sighed knowingly. " I know how you feel. "

Tara tilted her head.

There was a person with a ripped up cloak over themselves. " you want what's been taken from you. "

The ground started quaking.

Tara quickly looked behind herself, the ground started to fall.

Tara started to breath heavy as the ground fell beneath her, she shouted.

Tara jumped up immediately, Grover was standing over her.

Grover looked at her. " you okay? I wanted to wake you up for activities.. but I saw you were shaking. "

Tara drowsily said, a slight startled look on her face as she caught her breath. " I'm fine. "

Grover nodded quickly. " we all have them, if you wanna talk about it we can. " he gently said, staring at her.

Tara shook her head softly, taking a deep breath " I'm okay, don't worry. " she exhaled.

Grover held out his hand for her to take.

She took it as he pulled her up.

Tara rubbed her eyes. " what are we doing today. "

She looked around, she spotted Percy talking to a brunette.

She looked at Grover. " who's he? "

Grover looked behind his self. " that's luke castellan. " he shifted his feet.

Tara nodded. " is he nice to Percy? "

Grover nodded.

Tara hummed. " Percy! Come over here I wanna meet your new friend! "

Percy and Luke turned their heads towards Tara.

Percy guided Luke towards Tara.

Tara looked at luke. " nice to meet you, I'm guessing your Luke? "

Luke nodded holding his hand out. " and your Tara, right? Percy talks about you a lot. " he looked at her nose splint.

Tara took his hand, shaking it. " yep! "

Percy and Grover looked at each other, Grover had a slight look on his face, Percy's was just confused.

Tara turned towards Percy. " Percy, me and Grover was about to head outside. We was wondering if you and your friend wanna join us. "

Grover swallowed as Percy looked at her. " sure it's up to luke if he wants to join. "

Luke nodded. " of course, I was about too anyways. "

Tara stood beside Grover as the four walked out, lukes friends following them as luke explained stuff about demigods. " demigods have always fought for glory. They used to call it kleos. It's like this stuff that attaches itself to your name. Makes it bigger, scarier, more important. "

He continued. " people listen closer when you talk, they work harder to be your friend and they think twice about messing with you. "

Suddenly a girl walked past, bumping into Percy.

Percy spun around, his eyes narrowed. " hey! "

The girl spun around and shoved Percy as Tara walked up to her, pushing her back a little. " whoa! Don't touch him. " Tara said, her voice sharp.

The brunette girl smiled at Tara. " what's a short girl like you gonna do? " her voice sassy.

Tara glared at the girl. " don't test me, I may be shorter but I could probably still beat you. " she tried not to snap, this girl was really getting on her nerves.

Luke looked at the brunette girl. " clarisse it's just his first day knock it off. "

Clarisse looked at Tara and Percy. " wait, so these are the two kids who killed the Minotaur. Is that right? " she stepped closer to Tara.

Tara nodded. " Percy killed it, not me. "

Clarisse looked them up and down. " I'll bet. " she grinned. " look, you want attention around here, dummy? "

Tara crossed her arms as clarisse stepped closer to Percy this time. " you better be ready for it when it comes. " clarisse said.

She jumped towards him as Percy jumped back, gasping.

Clarisses friends laughed as they all walked off.

Tara rolled her eyes and walked back over beside Grover as Percy spoke to Luke. " well, she seems nice. "

Luke watched her walk off. " ares kids. They come by it honestly. "

Percy looked at luke. " why don't they mess with you? "

Luke shrugged " they know better. "

One of his friends spoke up, Chris. " lukes the strongest swordsman at camp. "

Tara looked at luke. " so they leave you alone because of glory? " she guessed.

Luke nodded, smirking at her a little.

Percy spoke up. " so if I get glory, clarisse wouldn't mess with me either? "

Luke grinned. " exactly. "
- " and people think I'm a big deal? "

Luke shrugged. " well, sorta, but— "

Percy interrupted. " and my dads got no choice but to claim me. "

Luke sighed. " you can't force the gods to do anything. "

Percy shrugged. " well, yeah. But.. it would make it harder for him to pretend I don't exist, right? "

Luke looked thoughtful, before shrugging. " maybe. "

Percy smiled. " well great! Where do we start? "

Tara looked at Percy. " me and Grover are gonna check out other activities, bye Percy! "

Percy waved. " bye Tara! "

WITH GROVER AND TARA

Grover looked at Tara. " why don't you try it? These activities are how you get glory. So let's figure out what you're good at! "

Tara shrugged, taking the bow." I've never done anything like this but it looks fun so I'm in. " she sarcastically said.

Tara pulled out an arrow, putting it in the bow.

The girl that sat there looked at tara as she lit a lighter.

Tara looked at her. " I wouldn't. " she huffed, raising her eyebrows.

The girl shrugged, placing the lighter down.

Tara stepped up, pulling the bow back.

She aimed at the monster, as she let go. she fell to the ground, the arrow flying towards the other students.

Every screamed, ducking.

Tara looked at Grover. " should I try again? "

Everyone yelled. " no! "

Tara shrugged, staring at the others and taking Grover's hand when he helped her up.

-

Grover led her to another area, this time it was forging iron, making swords.

Tara sighed as Grover nudged her a little. " go on. "

Tara pulled her goggles down, the guy let her have the hammer and other tool as she used all her force to smash the iron down.

She thought she was getting the hang of it until she accidentally let it go and it flew at some crafted bags.

It quickly caught flame as Grover grabbed her shoulder, taking her somewhere else.

FEW MINUTES LATER

Tara and Grover met back up with Percy, Luke and his friends.

They all sat on the stone bench.

Percy sighed. " is there a Greek god of disappointment? Maybe someone should ask if he's missing a kid. "

Tara looked sympathetically at Percy, but she knew what he meant.. she hadn't done anything right either. lukes friend, Chris spoke up. " Oizys.. but she's a goddess. And her whole thing isn't really disappointment, it's more like failure. "

Luke looked at Chris with a stare before he turned back to Percy and Tara. " we're gonna find the thing you two are good at. I know it. "

Suddenly a bell chimed as everyone stood up.

Luke nodded towards the bell. " our turn. "
- " our turn for what? "

Luke smiled. " burnt offerings. The gods like the smell, so it gets their attention before you say a prayer. "

Tara looked at luke. " they like the smell of burnt Mac & cheese? " she questioned with sarcasm.

Chris looked at her. " they like the smell of begging. "

Luke chuckled as he looked back at Percy. " you burn what you'll miss the most. Then they know you really mean what you're about to say, so they listen. "

Luke shrugged.

Tara looked at Percy and Grover.

FEW HOURS LATER WITH PERCY

Percy sat outside, a small fire burning in a can.

He had his mom's candy she gave him that night the Minotaur attacked.

He opened and reached into the bag, pulling one out.

He sighed as he dropped it into the can.

He was silent for a moment. " hi mom. I don't know if I'm doing this right. I hope you can hear me. "

He looked at the fire. " I think you used to hate this. When the phone would ring. The night after you left me at a new school. " he paused. " I'd tell you that the people are awful. That i wanted to come home. "

He looked like he was about in tears as he continued. " well.. the good news is... " he shook his head. " this isn't that call. I hope you're sitting down, but.. I think.. me and Tara made some friends here. Like, real friends. " he smiled. " I think they might really like me. " he paused. " Imagine that. "

He looked away. " he isn't here. My dad, or Tara's mom. They just.. didn't show. I mean, ignoring us is one thing, but my dad doesn't get to ignore you. I'm gonna make him come down here. I'm gonna make him see me. " he paused, a fierce look on his face. " I'm gonna make him see us both. "

Percy sighed angrily.

-

hello author here!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm sorry if I misspelled somethings. But thank you for reading ! I appreciate it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 1.5K 113
In which, Adira Lancaster falls in love with her rival, Percy Jackson OR he falls in love with her first, unknowingly. She only seemed to think about...
2.2K 69 7
ใ€ K A L O Nใ€‘ ๏ฝก๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝก ๏พŸใ€‚ cordelia jackson, percy jackson's sister, ใ€€๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ends up at camp half-blood and goes on a quest with her broth...
17.7K 725 13
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โœฆ Eurydice Ramirez is an unclaimed demigod, until she isn't. But she never wanted to be claimed in the first place. โ I'm ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ข...
192 9 7
Percy Jackson likes to think he's just a regular kid from district 4. He goes to school, ties ships in the docs, oh and lets not forget that he's the...