FLOWER GIRL // Percy Jackson

By Stargirl45326

❀˖° In which Azalea West the only daughter of Persephone couldn't keep her eyes off the new arrival. "CAUSE... More

FLOWER GIRL
000
001
002
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018

003

3.3K 85 12
By Stargirl45326

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

—— MOST YEARS AZALEA West would rather scrub the camp toilets then participate in capture the flag. She had never been good at fighting in general. When she first arrived at camp she had attempted to learn how to fight with a sword. But had failed miserably when it kept slipping out of her hands and making her lose the fight tremendously.

Throughout her four years she had figured out her strong suits, the first one was looking pretty in any situation and the second was archery. She had spent years practicing her skills and by now she was probably one of the best at camp half-blood.

On her eleventh birthday Azalea had even been gifted a set of bow and arrows from her mother through Hades. It was breathtakingly beautiful from a golden bracelet shaped as an arrow to a quiver she would sling around her body that had her golden bow and arrows in them. Definitely one of the best gifts she had ever gotten.

Most of the time her archery skills would benefit her but in capture the flag when one of the rules were no maiming and no killing it was more of a problem. And as if it couldn't get worse she also had a flower trail, trailing behind her at almost all times when he feet were on the floor. So the blonde girl never felt very wanted in capture the flag.

Until the night before when Annabeth had went to the Persephone cabin to talk to Azalea about finally having a part this year. Of course when she was told what her part was she automatically felt bad for the Jackson boy being one of his only friends at camp she definitely didn't like what she had to do. But this year she felt wanted and not like a burden so she was definitely not going to turn it down.

Azalea stood in her armor her hair pulled back in a tight french braid and little pieces of her hair that she pulled out so that she didn't look like a man with her helmet on. Her bracelet was already activated with her arrows on her back and her bow in her hands. She stood with Annabeth as they listened to the Chiron, the two teams standing opposite of each other.

"The first team to retrieve the opposing flag and return it across the river shall be the victor. As always, there will be no maiming and no killing. I trust these rules will be respected. Any magical items you may possess are permitted as well. Every camper who is not injured has to play. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. Let the games begin!" He finished then the conch was blown.

A war cry was heard from the red team scaring Azalea a bit as her and Annabeth walked to talk to Luke. "All right, we have 20 minutes before the second conch and game-on. You know what your doing?" Annabeth remarked. Azalea knew to stay quiet none of this really being her forte.

"Yes, ma'am." Luke acknowledged.

"Hey. today feeling like a winning day to you?"

"I'll see you on the other side." The older boy moved over to the rest of the blue team that was ready to go. "Company, move out!"

Azalea noticed Percy move over to follow him and she grabbed his hand. He automatically stopped turning his head over to the blonde girl taking in her captivating aroma. The smell of freshly blossomed flowers lingered on every inches of her body like she had spent the hole day rolling around in a field of every flower imaginable.

"Not you, sunshine. You're with Annabeth." She nodded her head over to the dark haired girl.
A light blush appearing on her cheeks from there closeness. Her hand lingering in his as she move her way towards Luke.

"Your not coming with me?" He questioned.

"Don't worry your in good hands with Annabeth, Percy."

"Alright I'm trusting you, flower girl." She just nodded at him getting shy from the nickname he called her.

"Alea, come on." Chris called out for her trying to get a move on.

She jogged over to Luke and he leaned down for her to get on his back. It was a precaution to make sure the red team was not able to track them and where they were going. Every time they hit grass less ground she would get of his back and back on as soon as they came back in touch with the grass.

All until the second conch was blown marking that it was time for her to head back in the opposite direction. She wished Luke and Chris luck and started her flower path all the way back.

Azalea never new what flowers she would have that day. It could be violets then tulips the next day but right now they were little daisies that would bloom with each stepped and last about 30 minutes.

Hearing a slightly rustle in the trees Azalea pulled out her bow and drawing her arrow back she locking in on the noise. "Hello." She called out.

"Alea, it's just me."

"Oh Anna, don't scare me like that I thought I was going to need to fight someone from red team." She held her heart.

"How's your path?"

"I made it as strong as possible."

"Good."

"Did you leave him in the spot."

"Yes."

"Do you believe in him Annabeth?"

"We'll see."

"Do you believe in him Azalea."

"100%."

—— WHEN AZALEA FINALLY came upon Percy he was on the floor petting a weird lizard.
"Percy." She called to him not wanting to startle the boy.

He turned around and cleared his throat trying to play it cool. "Hey Azalea." He gave her a little wave his face turning a slight shade of pink.

She walked over and sat next to him on the floor leaning her back on the moss covered log. Taking her helmet and bow and arrows off her and putting them to the side. She looked up at him who was sitting a little bit higher then her on the log. But he was already looking at her there eyes locked together and for a moment she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"Ummm." She stated trying to break the silence. "Did Annabeth just leave you?" She already new the answer to this question though.

"Yup, just disappeared on me, literally."

"She'll do that to you." Azalea answered back making them fall back into awkward silence.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Azalea spoke up again. "Will you put flowers in my hair."

"What." He didn't process the question straight away, if he was paying more attention then it would of been a very quick yes.

"I really want flowers in my hair and when I asked Annabeth she said not right now so I thought that since you're not doing anything right now you could do it for me." She mumbled the last bit of the sentence feeling stupid for asking the question.

"Yeah, sure."

Her pink lips pulled back In a big smile showing of her pearly white teeth. She was always told her smile was contagious she never believed it but now new it was true when Percy's face lit up with one to. "Great." 

Getting up and moving to a grassy patch she made her flower and plucked them out of the ground. The blonde had about 8 that she handed to Percy, siting in front of him so that it would be easier for him to put them in her hair.

He had only gotten two flowers in her hair before foot steps were herd making their way towards them. Azalea new exactly who it was from the minute she heard the crumbling gravel sounds. Percy hadn't noticed till her head quick moved up at the sound.

The hot tempered brunette was exactly who Azalea had made her path for. She new what was goin to happen and now it was just time to step away and let Percy prove himself even if he would hate her a bit after.

Clarisse and her minions surrounded them taking of her helmet and throwing it. The older girl made intense eye contact with the two. "Flags that way. It's not here." Percy pointed in the right direction.

"We, know." Azalea got up slowly hoping that she wouldn't try anything to dangerous. "Yeah glory's fine. Revenge is more fun."

"Look Clarissa, leave him alone he hasn't done anything to you." When she said that Clarisse looked right at her. "Don't worry princess we won't hurt you." Well at least I'll be alright she thought to her self but Percy definitely might not be. Looking over and seeing that Percy was still stuck in almost a staring contest with Clarisse, Azalea hit him in the shoulder with her bow. "Get you shit Percy." Generally becoming concerned by the teens approaching them. He immediately jumped into action grabbing his sword and shield. The curly head holding them up and walking in front of her.

"No maiming it's like the one rule."

"Yeah, I guess I'll lose dessert privileges far a while." Percy might of been in front of her but Azalea was already two steps ahead with her bow loaded and pointed at Clarisse's chest plate. She new that she lead her here with her path but she didn't think that Clarisse had actually wanted to hurt Percy.

"I'll live." She swung her spear at Percy and as soon as Azalea was about to shoot her arrow she was grabbed by her back and was pulled back from the fight by one of the minions. He held her harshly and put his sword up to her throat. "Percy!" She shouted to the preoccupied boy.

He was on the ground after being hit by the spear finally being able to look behind him to the girl that was struggling to move under the sword blade. "You said you wouldn't hurt her." He said taking another swing from the agitated brunette.

"I'm fine." She reassured him so he could focus on the fight. Azalea new for a fact that they wouldn't dare really hurting the only daughter of Persephone, after all she was not just the goddess of spring but the Queen of the Underworld.

They all started coming at him and throwing jabs from every direction. Azalea wanted to break out but she new this was Percy's fight and he needed to win it to prove himself. The cold metal sword pressed agents her was staring to make a indent on her tan skin not yet cutting her but pretty close to. It was definitely bothersome but the only thing she was focused on was was watching Percy be pushed over the long and collapsing on the hard ground.

"I'm actually not interested in maiming or killing you, believe it or not." Azalea found that complete bullshit. "I just want you to admit you're a fraud. It'd make me feel better. Are you feeling up to that yet."

"Percy, now's your chances to run." The girl with two different color eyes yelled at him.

"Guess that's a no." As soon as he started running she was forcefully thrown to the ground, eating complete shit as they all ran after him. "Uhhhh." Azalea moaned in pain her foot being completely numb. She just laid on the floor, getting winded from the fall. After a minute she tried her best to get up but couldn't a stabbing pain filling her foot. "FUCK." She yelled, reaching up and touching her face that had dirt all over it. "God dammit they said they weren't going to hurt me."

Finally managing to get up, ignoring the pain and wiping the blood of her lip she grabbed her fallen bow and limped her way to where she heard a loud yell. That scared her a little, she just hoped that Percy was okay. It was only his second fight after all.

Azalea spotted the tree down by the lake and sprinted as fast as she could over to them but her attention was caught by the conch blowing and many people yelling. Luke running with the red flag in his hand and the rest of blue team behind him. Clarisse let go of Percy and with one last glare at him she walked of.

Azalea limped over to Percy who was on his knees. "Not bad, hero." She reached her dirt covered hand out to the exhausted boy and helped pull him up. "Are you okay." He inquired his eyebrows coming close together when he saw her split lip and the dirt painting her face.

She gave him a small smile and dusted some dirt of his shoulders "Am I okay, are YOU okay?" She exaggerated the you part to make sure he got the hint that it wasn't about her right now.

Azalea was confused on why he stoped focusing on there conversation and to some thing behind her. Then she realized it was just Annabeth, who had become visible again. "Were you here the whole time?"

"Yes." She stated blankly at the cut up boy and them to Azalea who was looking anywhere but her. "You knew too?" Percy could see the guilty look on her dirt covered face. The daughter of Persephone wanted to say she didn't but she %100 did.

"She also lead them to you." Annabeth adds. Azalea felt stupid in this moment she new that playing along with Annabeth plan would not have the best out come for her, but the only reason she took it was to feel wanted at camp. Even though she had only known Percy for three days the look on his face made her feel horrible. "Why would you say that." She whispered yelled at the brown haired girl. Annabeth just gave her the look of 'you know what to do.'

"Why?" His voice shook looking between the two girls.

"Listen... Percy." Azalea took a step in front of him. "I'm sorry." She pushed him in the water. He became drenched quickly making his curls fall on his forehead.

"What is wrong with you." Her yelled at her, Azaleas face scrunched up at his word.

Percy stood up and his cuts and bruises started to disappear. "I don't understand." Azalea barely even listen to him in stead she was looking at Poseidon's golden trident that showed up above his head. It's greenish blue glow was captivating to everyone in its presence. The scene felt like true magic.

She gave an enchanting smile. "Your dad's calling, Sunshine."

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

I love Azalea so much!!! idk if you guys can spot it but Azaleas fatal flaw showed a little bit in this chapter and if you can guess it please tell me what you think it is?

Also Thanks so much for reading and voting it means a lot.

Love Estella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 122 7
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬. Luk...
143K 5K 16
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Sirius Black had a daughter with a greek goddess and the girl had a very powerful soulmate. 𝐎𝐑 ― A long time ago, a prophecy was ma...
48.4K 1.6K 24
❝i would rather die, than to spend eternity without you.❞ She's a hunter, daughter of Aphrodite. He's a half blood, son of Poseidon It seems like the...
68.2K 4.3K 16
-𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐆𝐒 ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳʷᵒᵒᵈ 'ⁱ'ᵐ ˡᵒˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʸ ...