𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘ π‹πˆπ…οΏ½...

By MeriTheWind

❝𝚈𝚘𝚞 πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 πš—πšŽπšŽπš 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšŽπš 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπšŠπš’πš›πšœ. πšƒπš‘πšŽπš’ πšŠπš›πšŽ πš—πš˜πš πšπš˜πš’πš—πš... More

CHARACTERS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33

CHAPTER 10

150 4 0
By MeriTheWind

THE FLUFFY BEE
_____________
꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦❦꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷

The moonlight shone inside Bree's new room through its huge windows.

She sat away in the shadows, hugging herself tightly.

The girl had been in Esme's embrace until she had stopped weeping. She had rushed to the third floor and closed her room's door, too embarrassed from showing weakness to the yellow eyes. They had to think she was weak, unable to handle anything sad.

As time went on, the shadows grew shorter and more pronounced. Their soft edges turned to look like lines, cutting the room like scissors. The teen sat still, looking at the first rays of sunshine that broke through the forest. She lowered her cheeks to her knees, feeling the fabric of the jeans touch her skin. Her senses were strictly on the other vampires inside the house. She didn't want them to surprise her and barge into her room.

The TV had been turned off. The only sound the electronic device made was low static noise. All electronics made it. It was frustrating. How were humans able to handle the annoying noise coming from them? Didn't they go crazy because of the constant hum? Or were their senses so dull that they didn't hear the sound? The newborn squished her eyes, trying to remember what it had been like to have human senses. The only thing she was able to recall was a dim memory of her listening to a radio. She didn't remember the song but could remember a couple beats coming from the old machine. They were silent—almost whispers—and not recognisable enough to warrant a memory of the song. The human hearing, according to her memory, seemed quite bad. No wonder the mammals didn't notice the annoying sounds. They were practically deaf.

The newborn stood up, deciding she had moped enough. It was time for her to leave the safety of her room before someone came to check up on her. She was sure it would happen soon otherwise, and she did not need the pitying eyes of the Cullens. She was perfectly fine. Her mood swing was gone. No one could even suspect how sad she had felt a while ago. Only proof of it was in her and the yellow-eyes minds, lurking her and reminding her of her weak moment.

Bree moved silently towards the bedroom's door. It became closer, daunting her like a child. Her stomach jolted. Maybe she was still not ready to leave. Her body turned back towards the corner she had sat in. It definitely wouldn't hurt to stay in her room a bit longer. The girl's lip corners lifted. They formed a gentle smile on her face. Yes, it was a better idea to stay here, safe from the other vampires lurking in the house.

Her eyes turned curiously to their new destination. She had not noticed the silver-framed mirror sitting close to the bathroom door. It looked hidden, like someone would have deliberately moved it out of sight. Had it been in the room before? The teen frowned. She dipped into her mind, trying to search for signs of the shiny object in her brain. Her memories repeated all her movements in the luxurious bedroom. She had not seen it.

She walked up to it, tilting her head curiously. It had been a while since she had seen herself, perhaps around a month. Her eyes studied her reflection. She looked so different from when she had seen herself the last time. Her appearance was more…clean and less homeless-looking. Her expensive clothes lifted her appearance; she looked like the daughter of a rich person. Or at least that's what she thought. She wasn't used to looking so...rich. She and her father had been poor. Sometimes she had worn the same clothes for days before finally being able to change them.

The sixteen-year-old girl narrowed her crimson eyes. Her reflection abided by her wish and made the same movement. She turned to face away from it. It was too strange for her to look at herself. Her appearance was so different from what she was used to.

It was an ironic thought. Vampires were supposed to stay the same-looking for all of their eternity, but somehow the change of clothes had made her appearance change. She didn't look like herself anymore. Where were her dirty, blood-stained clothes? Her messy hair? It felt like they had been stolen from her, deprived of her. The person in the reflection was not her. She was her…alternative…version.

Footsteps from the hallway outside her room woke her from her mind. They came closer, alarming Bree further. She walked silently further away from the door, feeling anxiety strike her. She didn't want to be close to the door when it opened, just in case.

She didn't want to be murdered. The Cullens could have decided to send someone to kill her. What if they had realised how weak she was and did not want to keep her in their house anymore? Maybe they thought it was her time to leave the earth now. Or perhaps they were going to torture her before murdering her.

The newborn snarled as the door opened. It was the scarred boy. He walked inside the room, looking unimpressed by her animalistic noise. He raised one of his eyebrows disapprovingly.

Did Jasper think he was better than her? The teen hissed at the boy's cocky attitude.

A calm feeling crept inside the brown-haired girl. It slithered inside her like a snake, leaving her struggling against its grip. She did not want the boy to finger her emotions. They were hers, not his. He had no right to touch them.

"Stop it!" She growled. She was still in alert mode, not trusting the vampire's sudden appearance in her room.

"You need to calm down, Bree. Your tantrum won't benefit anyone." Jasper answered. He looked at the girl with a stoic expression. "I can feel your paranoia all the way downstairs. It disturbs me. You have to stop being stupid and handle your issues if you want me to leave you alone."

Bree glared at the honey-blond-haired boy. She did not like him. He emanated danger from his whole being. Everything in him screamed it. His skin looked so scarred that it was terrifying to even look at. The silver crescents tattooed on him told her that he had been in many fights, which he had survived. The military-like stances he took hint at how he was brought up in a strict environment. She did not understand why the rest of his coven was able to be around him. Weren't they scared of him? Or had they been participants in the same things he had been in. It was clear the other yellow eyes had not fought as much. The rest of the Cullens hardly had any scars, unlike their coven mate.

Jasper sighed as the girl stayed silent. He frowned, seeming to think about something. It made the newborn suddenly curious. The emotion attacked her, completely unexpected. She almost wanted to ask what he was thinking, but decided against her odd feeling.

New footsteps rang in the hallway. As they arrived closer, Emmett's form came into view. "Hi, Bree Bee!" He grinned. His eyes focused on the girl excitedly from behind the scarred boy.

"Don't give me nicknames," the newborn said. Her gaze was strictly set on the two Cullens. She didn't want to let go of her stare in case one of them moved. Why were the yellow eyes gathering at her door? Was there a reason for it, or did they just want to disturb her? Worry wretched in her stomach. Maybe they were truly going to kill her, like she had guessed.

"But you are just like them, like a fluffy little bee! You even sting like them!" the brown-haired boy stated playfully. He was clearly trying to get her to put her guard down, but she was not going to fall for his tricks. She would never do something so ridiculously stupid.

"I'm not fluffy!" Bree hissed as an answer. She narrowed her crimson eyes, wanting to feel angry, but couldn't make herself because of Jasper's influence. The southern boy was still messing with her emotions, much to her annoyance.

The teen knew for certain that she was not fluffy. How could Emmett even think she was? Was he blind? She didn't have fur like other animals. Vampires and humans did not have coats, if hair and other body hairs didn't count. Or did he mean she was fluffy from inside? No, that couldn't be it. He hardly knew her. Dread tried to break the calm surface of her emotions. It fought against Jasper's influence, like a rabid dog, until it gave up. She had cried in front of most of the Cullens. That had to be the reason why the muscular vampire had called her fluffy. He thought she was weak.

The girl growled, startling herself. Her animalistic noises were out of control, but when she thought about them, they were understandable. She was locked inside a house with possibly murderous vampires. If she did not die in their hands, her end would come when the Volturi arrived. In other words, she was going to die, no matter what happened.

"Jazz and I want to test your powers!" Emmett's booming voice interrupted her.

The young newborn shook her thoughts from her head and returned her full focus to the two boys standing in her doorway. She wasn't sure how to respond. She felt like the wisest choice would be to decline. She didn't want the two to learn more about her powers. They already knew enough. But she couldn't help but feel curious. She wanted to be able to control her power better. It could be beneficial to her if she agreed to test them with the boys.

"I guess we can test them." Bree agreed silently. She had to be on higher alert now. Depending on whether they went outside or not, she could try to run away.

Jasper looked at her; his eyes narrowed, like he would have guessed her thought. "We will go right behind the house. If you even dare to try to run, I will dismember you." The blond boy hissed. "Do you understand?" His eyes stared at her threateningly, feeling like they were full of needles.

The sixteen-year-old teen nodded as her body filled with fear. It bubbled inside of her, through the uncanny calmness still hovering in the depths of her body. It seemed like Jasper had finally let go of controlling her emotions. He must have chosen to scare her into submission, knowing that she would naturally feel fear from his words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 1.5K 14
"We get so high and then we fall down. Your not my home anymore, Jasper. You hurt me by walking away and you just walking back into my life isn't goi...
470K 16.5K 57
B O O K T W O ; Christina Swan had only managed to survive the first year of supernatural, but things were starting to heat up. She didn't want to f...
2.5K 127 12
Being the new people in town was never easy, especially in a small town like Forks, a fact that Eleanor Beckett was well aware of. So when her son ca...
377K 7.4K 15
Paisley Sutherland is the baby sister of Victoria. When she gets a call telling her that Victoria needs help defeating the vampires that killed her m...