Marrying My Ex-Husband's Arch...

By lahrenmei

Xu Anran did not know that her husband Qin Xiaokun was a wolf in sheep's clothing until she died. He deceived... More

Chapter 1: My Groom Ran Away From His Wedding
Chapter 2: Changed To a New Groom
Chapter 3: Uncle and Auntie? Call Us Mom and Dad
Chapter 4: Moving In Together Tonight
Chapter 5: A Gift For His Daughter-in-Law
Chapters 6 - 10
Chapters 21 - 30
Chapters 31 - 40
Chapters 41 - 50
Chapters 51 - 60
Chapters 61 - 70
Chapters 71 - 80
Chapters 81 - 90
Chapters 91 -100
Chapters 101 - 110
Chapters 111 - 120 Last Chapter

Chapters 11 - 20

720 7 0
By lahrenmei

Chapter 11: Dragons Give Birth To Dragons, Phoenixes Give Birth To Phoenixes

Xu Anran's ears turned slightly red, and a sweet smile hung on her face. "Fortunately, I have my husband by my side."

Xu Zhenwei, who was standing at the side, saw the two of them singing along and they did not care about his face at all. He took advantage of the anger that was rising on his face to frown and berate, "Xu Anran, do you still see me as your father?!"

When Xu Anran heard this, she felt as if she had heard a joke. She raised her eyes and looked at Xu Zhenwei. There was a chill in her eyes.

Her tone was also incomparably cold. "Ha! You still know that you are my father? Since young, when have you ever cared about me? Are you worthy of being my father?"

"You..." Xu Zhenwei was speechless for a moment and did not know how to retort. "In any case, I will never agree to the two of you getting married!"

The Xu family had always been on the same side as the Qin family, regardless of whether it was in terms of business or personal friendship.

The Qin family's sworn enemy was the Jiang family. Business competition was also famous in the business world. Xu Zhenwei's position of being able to marry his daughter to Qin Xiaokun was already very clear.

Who knew that Jiang Rongyan would suddenly appear on the way? Xu Anran remarried at the last minute on the wedding day. She did not even tell him, her father, about it. It could be said that she had completely embarrassed him!

Xu Anran sneered and immediately said indifferently, "So what if you don't agree? The matter of marriage is my freedom."

She retorted mercilessly and immediately took the thing in Jiang Rongyan's hand. She lowered her eyes and sized it up.

"Xu Anning, aren't you a little too confident? My husband has such a beautiful wife. Will he even look at you?" Xu Anran said casually, but it was as if she had really slapped Xu Anning.

Although Xu Anning was pretty good-looking, in front of Xu Anran, she was not good-looking enough.

Her thoughts were seen through, and she was embarrassed and angry. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she stammered aggrievedly, "I... I didn't!"

"Anran, don't go too far! Anning is your younger sister!" Wang Li saw that her daughter had been wronged and glared at Xu Anran.

"Younger sister? My good younger sister seduced my husband in front of me. Can't I say it?" Xu Anran glanced at Xu Anning and mocked.

"Dragons give birth to dragons, phoenixes give birth to phoenixes." She also knew how to dig holes.

Xu Anning's eyes were filled with tears. She looked pitiful as she retorted, "I didn't..."

Xu Anran directly ignored the crying Xu Anning. She held onto Jiang Rongyan's arm and walked around her as if she wanted to go upstairs. However, she was stopped by Xu Zhenwei.

"Stop! I will never agree to your marriage with Jiang Rongyan! Xu Anran, don't you have a brain? If you marry Jiang Rongyan, isn't it obvious that you are slapping the face of the Qin family and me? Where is our Xu family's face?!"

Xu Zhenwei was so angry that his breathing was a little hurried. His gaze fell on the two of them holding each other's arms and he snorted coldly.

Xu Anran did not want to argue with him anymore. She only wanted to take the household register and leave quickly. "Dad, Rongyan and I are not here to seek your opinion. We are here to inform you."

"Moreover, Rongyan and I have already held a wedding ceremony. It can be considered as announcing the marriage between him and me. The formalities have already been completed. We are just short of a marriage certificate."

Xu Zhenwei could not continue listening to her words. He only felt that Xu Anran was deliberately slapping his face.. He said angrily, "If you don't get a marriage certificate, just pretend that nothing has happened. I will find the media to clarify it!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 12: Double the Betrothal Gift

Xu Anran took advantage of the situation and said, "Is it enough to seek clarification from the media? If it wasn't for Anran remarrying that day, the Qin family wouldn't have been the one to lose face!"

"Qin Xiaokun only came to me on the second day of the wedding. Don't tell me you want to see me being stood up for a day at the wedding? When that time comes, forget about me, the entire Xu family will become a laughingstock!"

Xu Zhenwei was rendered speechless for a moment. After taking a deep breath, his face was filled with anger. "Then you can't remarry at the last minute to refute the face of our two families! Xiao Kun knows what he's doing!"

Even at this point, Xu Zhenwei still spoke up for Qin Xiaokun. He did not think about his daughter at all.

Xu Anran's hand that was holding Jiang Rongyan trembled slightly. She took a deep breath and said, "Dad, you have never treated me as your daughter. What right do you have to ask me to pay for your interests?"

"If you have a father like me in your eyes, just listen to me and explain it to Xiao Kun properly. Don't be so selfish and only think about yourself."

"I'm selfish? I was left out by the groom on the wedding day. I don't even know where I lost my face. Why do you want me to explain it to him? I think you're not old yet, but your eyes are already blurry!"

As she spoke, Xu Anran looked at Jiang Rongyan, who had been silent for a long time. For some reason, when he stood by her side, she felt an inexplicable sense of courage.

"No matter what, Rongyan is much more outstanding than Qin Xiaokun. I'll put my words here. He is the man I've set my heart on for my entire life!"

After she finished speaking, she held Jiang Rongyan's hand even tighter.

The woman's firm words lingered in his ears. Jiang Rongyan unconsciously raised the corners of his lips.

"Unfilial daughter!" Xu Zhenwei was so angry that he could not catch his breath. His face was flushed red.

Seeing this, Xu Anning hurriedly wiped away her tears and immediately went forward to support him. She patted Xu Zhenwei's back to help him catch his breath.

"Dad, don't be angry. Sister didn't mean to anger you! Sister already knows that she's wrong." Xu Anning tried her best to persuade him, but she secretly looked at Xu Anran with contempt.

Xu Anran looked at her hypocritical look and rolled her eyes. "What did I do wrong? I won't marry Qin Xiaokun!"

"You..." Xu Zhenwei thought that Xu Anran would compromise, but she still refused to change. He raised his hand and was about to give her a slap.

Xu Anning had already taken a few steps back, but the expected slap didn't come.

Jiang Rongyan held Xu Zhenwei's wrist tightly. The respect on his face was gone, and his dark eyes were cold.

"Anran is your daughter!" His sharp eyes narrowed slightly as he emphasized in a deep voice.

Xu Zhenwei was a little embarrassed. He shook off Jiang Rongyan's hand and said, "If she's my daughter, she should listen to me and think for the family! I raised her up so that she wouldn't cause trouble for me!"

Hearing this, Xu Anran sneered.

He was only thinking about the betrothal gifts given by the Qin family. What he said sounded so righteous and strict.

Jiang Rongyan had also thought of this. He shielded Xu Anran behind him. "Uncle, I know what you mean. Please return all the betrothal gifts that the Qin family gave you. I will give Anran double the amount."

In Xu Zhenwei's eyes, Xu Anran was not his daughter. He only saw benefits. When he heard Jiang Rongyan's words, he suddenly wavered.

Xu Anning, who was standing behind him, heard Jiang Rongyan's words.. Her pupils suddenly dilated, and her face was full of astonishment.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 13: Rich and Overbearing Husband

The Qin family was rich and overbearing. When the betrothal gift was first given, it shocked many media outlets. At that time, it was even trending.

And Jiang Rongyan was willing to pay double the betrothal gift to marry Xu Anran.

A wave of jealousy surged into her heart. Xu Anning's fists beside her body were constantly clenched, and her fingers turned white.

How could Xu Anran marry such an outstanding man!?

Ever since she was young, the Xu family had always given good things to her first. It was not Xu Anran's turn!

Xu Anning secretly made up her mind that this man would definitely be hers!

Xu Anran also did not expect Jiang Rongyan to agree to give her double the betrothal gifts. She and this man were just in a mutually beneficial cooperation.

She tugged at the corner of Jiang Rongyan's clothes from an angle that no one could see. When she raised her eyes, she met his determined gaze.

Wang Li could not hold it in any longer. She sized up Jiang Rongyan from head to toe. There was disdain hidden in her eyes. She said sarcastically, "I was wondering why Anran would give up on Xiao Kun. It turns out that she has hooked up with someone else."

Then, she snorted coldly.

Xu Anran smiled leisurely and said, "That's still better than being unable to hook up with anything. My husband is handsome and rich. It's my fortune to hook up with him."

"It's also my fortune to have such a beautiful wife." Jiang Rongyan cooperated with her.

"Enough!" Xu Zhenwei glared at Wang Li and immediately turned his head to look at Jiang Rongyan and Xu Anran. His face was already filled with smiles.

Wang Li: "..." Even the Sichuan opera couldn't change its face so quickly, right?

She didn't say anything more. She was a little embarrassed, but she could only gnash her teeth and swallow her blood. She pulled Xu Anning back to the house.

Xu Anran glanced at Jiang Rongyan indifferently.

Jiang Rongyan immediately understood and said politely to Xu Zhenwei, "Uncle, I'm going to the bathroom."

Xu Anran immediately said, "Dad, I'll take him!"

As she said this, she held Jiang Rongyan's hand affectionately and walked to the bathroom with a loving expression.

"Why did you agree to give my dad twice the betrothal gifts!?" Xu Anran tried her best to keep her voice low and pouted with a dissatisfied look.

Jiang Rongyan thought that she was worried about the money and could not help but laugh. "It's okay. I can still afford this money."

Xu Anran retorted, "I naturally know that you can afford it. However, this money will definitely fall into my father's hands without a single cent missing. This is too much of a loss! This money is all wasted!"

Xu Anran shrugged her shoulders with a pained look on her face. She wanted to cry but no tears came out.

Jiang Rongyan saw her expression and actually felt that she was a little cute. He subconsciously raised his hand and rubbed her head. He comforted her softly, "Alright, just think of it as spending some money to buy some peace and quiet. It's not a waste of money."

Moreover, he had a beautiful wife.

Xu Anran did not react for a moment. After all compared to when they were in front of outsiders when the two of them were acting, they were much closer than they were now.

She still felt that they were going too easy on Xu Zhenwei. After all, her grandfather had practically raised her since she was young. Xu Zhenwei had only given his fatherly love to Xu Anning.

She raised her eyes and looked at Jiang Rongyan.

The man frowned slightly and was a little puzzled.

Xu Anran was stunned for a moment. Jiang Rongyan's facial features were really too superior. He was exquisite yet did not lack heroic spirit. He was full of hormones.

"No... No problem... Thank you." She shook her head gently and finally came to her senses. She said, "This is not a small amount of money. No matter what, I owe you a favor. I will return it to you in the future."

Jiang Rongyan raised his sword-like eyebrows. A faint smile lingered between his brows.. He did not comment and said, "Alright, I'm going out."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 14: Self-Entertainment

Having said that, he naturally held Xu Anran's hand and walked out.

Xu Anran looked at her small hand being wrapped up, and her face unconsciously blushed.

Jiang Rongyan was many times better than Qin Xiaokun. Not only in terms of looks and financial resources, but also in terms of character, he was a few streets ahead of him.

Xu Anran silently smacked her lips and could not help but sigh. She was really blind in the past to have taken a liking to Qin Xiaokun.

When Xu Zhenwei wanted to hit her just now, she didn't even have the time to react. She was already clenching her teeth and planning to take the hard slap.

Who knew that Jiang Rongyan would actually block it for her?

Although the two of them were only in a cooperation, Xu Anran secretly made up her mind to treat Jiang Rongyan better in the future.

Xu Zhenwei was sitting on the sofa in the living room. When he saw the two of them walk out, he immediately stood up.

"Anran, what are you waiting for? Didn't you want to get the household register? Go upstairs and get it first!"

Xu Anran: "..."

When she heard this, Xu Anran was about to turn around and leave with Jiang Rongyan. Before she could take a step, she heard Xu Zhenwei's voice. "You can go by yourself. Rongyan, stay here and talk to me."

Father Xu looked as if he had picked up the money. Xu Anran could not help but frown. "Okay."

Then, she glanced at Jiang Rongyan. Seeing that he nodded at her, she turned around and went upstairs.

As she was walking, she heard Xu Zhenwei's voice.

"Rongyan, what's your job now?"

"When did you and Anran meet?"

...

In the study room.

Xu Anran closed the drawer and said doubtfully, "I remember it was originally placed here."

Just as she was about to open another drawer, a figure appeared at the door.

Xu Anning was holding a folder in her arms. She looked at Xu Anran arrogantly and answered, "I'm doing work!"

Xu Anran frowned and raised her eyes to glance at her. She immediately lowered her head and continued to look for the household registration book. She answered nonchalantly, "It's none of my business."

Xu Anning was annoyed and looked at her angrily.

However, she seemed to have thought of something. She laughed softly and walked to the desk. She slammed the folder in her hand on the table.

The sound of the keyboard was mixed with Xu Anning's reading. The entire study room was particularly noisy.

Xu Anran felt that it was extremely noisy. She looked at her impatiently and said, "Are you practicing your reading? Should I give you an award?"

She had chosen to do some work when she came to take the household register? Xu Anran was not stupid. She could see through her thoughts.

When Xu Anning heard this, her face was filled with anger. She said with a straight face, "That's still better than you! Don't think that just because you're married to Mr. Jiang, you can fly to the top and become a phoenix!"

"It's you who thinks that, not me." Xu Anran was too lazy to talk to her. She continued to look for the household register.

Not long after, she found the household register from the bookcase.

After she took the household register, she ignored Xu Anning who was desperately trying to make her presence felt. She strode out of the door.

"Stop." Seeing that Xu Anran was leaving without looking back, Xu Anning suddenly called out to her.

Immediately, she got on the notebook and ran over with a stack of documents in her hands.

When she saw how stunning Xu Anran's exquisite little face was with just light makeup, an inexplicable sense of irritation welled up in Xu Anning's heart.

"You sure know how to amuse yourself." Xu Anran glanced at Xu Anning with disdain, walked around her, and was about to leave.

However, she did not see that the corner of Xu Anning's mouth curled up slightly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 15: Was Not Enough

On the other side, Xu Zhenwei and Jiang Rongyan had just gone upstairs when they saw this scene.

The documents were scattered on the ground. Xu Anning looked at Xu Anran with a wronged expression and cried, "Sister, you're bullying us too much!"

She had already seen Xu Zhenwei and Jiang Rongyan from the corner of her eyes. She was secretly proud. If Jiang Rongyan saw Xu Anran like this, she would probably be disappointed in her!

"What are you two doing?" Xu Zhenwei frowned and berated them with a solemn face.

Xu Anning looked surprised. She hurriedly squatted down and picked up the documents on the ground and put them in her pocket. She shook her head and said, "No... Nothing..."

Father Xu saw her like this and became even more confused. He asked in a deep voice, "Tell me, what exactly happened?"

Xu Anning stammered, "The company... There was a small problem, so I came to the study to handle the work. Sister heard that I wanted to manage the company, so she insisted on stealing the information in my hands. She said... She said that I'm not worthy of managing!"

As she said this, she bit her lower lip and looked as if she had been wronged.

Xu Anran looked at her speechlessly and smacked her lips. "It would be a shame if I didn't give you an award for Best Actress."

Before she could finish her sentence, she had already walked to Jiang Rongyan's side.

Jiang Rongyan merely smiled at her and did not say anything else. However, she saw the trust in his eyes and felt a strange warmth in her heart.

Xu Zhenwei looked at Xu Anran with dissatisfaction and said solemnly, "Anran, I plan to train Anning to become the general manager. It's only right and proper for her to manage the company!"

Xu Anran replied casually, "Father isn't afraid that the company will be destroyed in her hands?"

Without waiting for Xu Zhenwei to reply, she continued, "The company was founded by Grandfather. Now, Father is just going to hand this company over to an outsider to manage? Isn't this backdoor a little too conspicuous?"

She emphasized the word 'outsider.' After saying that, she even glanced at Xu Anning.

She was the daughter of her stepmother, Wang Li. She had no blood relationship with her grandfather, yet she was able to get the position of general manager.

Hearing that, Xu Anning's eyes were filled with malice. Her face was a little embarrassed as she said angrily, "I got this position based on my ability!"

Hearing her words, Xu Anran couldn't help but laugh out loud. Her eyes were curved into small crescent moons. "Based on your ability? Aren't you afraid of being punished by the heavens for telling such a lie?"

"Ever since I was young, when have you ever been better than me in terms of academic results? Right now, my academic qualifications are also much higher than yours, right? In terms of qualifications, I've gone to many companies to practice. What about you? Aren't you just waiting for Father to arrange it for you?"

Xu Anning only felt her face hurt from the slap. She wanted to refute, but she had nothing to say. "You!"

As she spoke, she looked at Xu Zhenwei and said aggrievedly, "Dad, look at what Sister is saying!"

Xu Zhenwei shouted angrily, "Anran, that's enough!"

The corner of Xu Anran's mouth twitched slightly. She strode over to Xu Anning and said sarcastically, "Then just wait and see. You can't sit in this position for long. With your ability, you're not qualified."

After saying that, she turned around and held Jiang Rongyan's arm. She said with a fake smile, "Dad, Rongyan and I won't stay for dinner. If we stay any longer, the Civil Affairs Bureau will be closed."

After saying that, she looked at Xu Anning provocatively and immediately left.

After walking out of the Xu family's door, the smile on Xu Anran's face instantly disappeared. She took a deep breath and thought to herself, 'I won't let you guys eat Grandpa's hard work in peace!'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 16: Please Sit Closer

They walked to the front of the car and Jiang Rongyan carefully opened the door for her. After she sat in the car, he sat in the driver's seat.

After getting the household registration book, the two of them drove straight to the Civil Affairs Bureau.

Xu Anran stood in front of the Civil Affairs Bureau and couldn't help but take a deep breath.

She had been to this place in her previous life and it was also the beginning of her nightmare. The heavens had given her a second chance and she wanted to change everything.

"What are you staring at? Do you regret it?" Jiang Rongyan looked at her stunned expression. His tone was slightly raised, and his tone was slightly complicated.

Hearing this, Xu Anran finally reacted. She shook her head and smiled lightly. "How could it be? Let's go!"

As she said this, she took a step forward, and Jiang Rongyan followed closely behind.

After the two of them walked in, the staff's service attitude was excellent. They even praised the two of them for their good looks and the appearance of the husband and wife.

Xu Anran smiled and thanked them, but Jiang Rongyan was like an iceberg. He always had a straight face. Xu Anran was used to his expression.

She glanced at Jiang Rongyan sneakily and then walked towards the young lady who was taking the photo. She said in a strange manner, "My husband has facial paralysis. He has never smiled since he was young."

As she said that, she even curled her lips, as if tears were about to burst out of her eyes in the next second.

When the staff member heard Xu Anran's explanation, she quietly looked up at Jiang Rongyan and shook her head helplessly.

Indeed, the heavens were fair. Although they had given him such a perfect face, they had closed another window for him.

She did not say this out loud. She only nodded at Xu Anran and said, "I understand. I will take note."

Xu Anran nodded and walked to Jiang Rongyan's side, pretending that nothing had happened.

"What did you say? Why are you so happy?" Jiang Rongyan asked.

Xu Anran was holding back her laughter. When she heard that, she raised her head and swallowed her saliva. She said seriously, "Oh, it's nothing. I just want them to take a pretty picture for me."

Jiang Rongyan did not ask any more questions.

"Sit closer!"

"A little closer!"

"Okay, don't move!"

Click!

...

After taking the wedding photo, a series of procedures were done very quickly. Not long after, the two of them walked out of the Civil Affairs Bureau with a red booklet in each hand.

After getting into the car, Jiang Rongyan took out his phone. His slender fingers lightly swiped the screen a few times. He opened the marriage certificate and took a photo.

After taking the photo, he immediately opened WeChat and sent a photo without editing anything.

A moment later, before the phone was turned off, a few comments immediately appeared.

"What the f*ck! Really? Old Jiang, you're married!?"

...

Jiang Rongyan glanced at the comments, quickly typed on his phone, and replied with an 'Mm'.

After turning off his phone, he started the car, and immediately, a black Bentley drove on the main road.

Not long after, Jiang Rongyan's phone suddenly vibrated. He was driving the car and only glanced at it lightly before pressing the Bluetooth button.

"Hello."

"Old Jiang, you're really something. I didn't realize that you were such a quiet person! You didn't even tell your brother and married a beautiful woman."

"Why would I tell you?" Jiang Rongyan laughed lightly.

Zhao Jing was used to being scolded by Jiang Rongyan, so he didn't take his words to heart. "Are you coming out for a gathering? Take it as a celebration to celebrate your break from being single!"

Jiang Rongyan was on speakerphone, so Xu Anran heard their conversation. He glanced at Xu Anran and said, "Well, there's no need to call anyone else. I don't want it to be too noisy."

"Okay.. I'll see you at the usual place."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 17: Filled With Dog Food

After the call ended, Jiang Rongyan slowed down the car and asked, "Zhao Jing and I are good brothers. He's not a bad person. He won't ask anyone else to join him. Do you want to go?"

Xu Anran heard this and turned to look at Jiang Rongyan.

When they reached the traffic light, Jiang Rongyan turned his head and met her gaze. He raised his eyebrows and asked, "Hmm? What's wrong?"

Xu Anran shook her head and said, "It's nothing. Let's get together. Since we're going to put on a show, we'll have to do the whole thing. It just so happens that I'm a little hungry."

After saying that, she gently pinched her palm.

She did not know how many times she had fallen head over heels for this man. She was clearly not a fan of looks!

Hearing Xu Anran's agreement, Jiang Rongyan nodded. He stepped on the accelerator and drove towards the hotel.

After about half an hour, they arrived at the hotel. Xu Anran looked at her little white dress and asked, "Is my outfit okay?"

Jiang Rongyan naturally held her arm and said, "Yes."

When the two of them arrived, Zhao Jing was already holding a glass of water and waiting.

When he saw the two of them walk in, Zhao Jing immediately put down the glass of water. His eyes were shining.

"Hey, Old Jiang!" He patted Jiang Rongyan's shoulder and curled his lips like a ruffian, looking like he wanted to be beaten up.

When he saw Jiang Rongyan's Moments, he thought that Xu Anran was beautiful enough. He didn't expect that she was even more beautiful than in the photo. She even had a bit more spiritual energy.

"Hello, I'm Zhao Jing, Old Jiang's buddy!" Zhao Jing smiled and greeted Xu Anran.

Xu Anran replied politely, "Hello, I'm Xu Anran, Jiang Rongyan's wife."

Zhao Jing: "..." He did not expect to be stuffed with dog food before they even started eating.

Zhao Jing chose a private room for four people. Xu Anran sat in a seat in the back, and Jiang Rongyan sat next to her.

Zhao Jing sat opposite the two of them.

"Old Jiang, I thought you would be single for the rest of your life. I didn't expect you to be the first to get married!" Zhao Jing raised his eyebrows and teased.

When his words entered her ears, Xu Anran turned to look at Jiang Rongyan.

Zhao Jing was right. In her previous life, Jiang Rongyan had died a long time ago in an accident. She had never heard of him getting married.

But in this life, she was blessed by the heavens and was reborn.

Jiang Rongyan drank a mouthful of water and lowered his head with a faint smile. "Fate has arrived."

Zhao Jing almost choked on his water. He secretly looked at Jiang Rongyan's expression and said to Xu Anran, "You don't know, but Old Jiang has never been in a relationship before, and I have never heard him say that he likes any girl."

"We brothers all thought that he liked men! We even hid from him for a period of time!"

"Pfft–" Xu Anran couldn't help but laugh out loud. She turned her head and saw that Jiang Rongyan's face seemed to have been quenched with ice, so she forcefully held it back.

"Zhao Jing." Jiang Rongyan's face was dark, and his tone was full of warning.

Zhao Jing felt the temperature drop instantly. He pursed his lips and complained, "Old Jiang, you're really boring!"

However, he did not continue to joke around. Jiang Rongyan looked serious, but if he was really angry, he would be scarier than anyone else.

After the dishes were served, Xu Anran saw that Jiang Rongyan had started eating. She did not stand on ceremony and picked up her chopsticks to take a bite of the food.

After eating the food, she frowned slightly. She looked at Jiang Rongyan and said, "Hubby, this tastes similar to the food cooked by your personal assistant!"

"And this looks quite similar too!"

"Ahem...."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 18: The Lives of the Rich Were Simple and Unadorned

When Jiang Rongyan heard this, the corners of his mouth stiffened and his expression became unnatural. He explained, "Yes, that assistant used to work in this hotel too."

Zhao Jing was a little puzzled. "Why didn't I know... Hmm..."

However, before he could finish speaking, a chicken leg was stuffed into his mouth by Jiang Rongyan.

Jiang Rongyan gave him a cold look. "This drumstick is quite delicious."

Zhao Jing glared at Jiang Rongyan with dissatisfaction. He raised his hand and pinched the drumstick. He took a big bite and snorted coldly.

"What did you say?" Xu Anran was a little puzzled.

Zhao Jing immediately smiled and looked at Xu Anran. When he felt a cold gaze on him, he could not help but shiver.

He shook his head and said, "It's nothing!"

After he said that, he chewed on the drumstick in his hand and said, "Sister-in-law, this drumstick is delicious. You should eat it too!"

Xu Anran smiled and replied. She immediately reached out her chopsticks and picked up a small drumstick for herself to taste.

"It's really quite delicious."

"Sister-in-law, this is also delicious!"

...

Zhao Jing was an extroverted character. He was not bad-looking either. He was a typical sunny boy. When he smiled, he looked like a ruffian.

He was also very good at talking. After a meal, Xu Anran was amused by him many times.

Seeing the two of them sing and chatter in union, and communicating so harmoniously, an inexplicable sense of irritation welled up in Jiang Rongyan's heart.

He only felt that this meal was extremely torturous.

Seeing that it was getting late outside, Xu Anran looked at Jiang Rongyan and said, "Are you full? Let's go home?"

Jiang Rongyan did not even look at Xu Anran. He took out a piece of paper to wipe his mouth and replied in a low voice, "Yes."

Knowing that Jiang Rongyan loved to put on a cold face, Xu Anran did not feel anything wrong either. She followed behind him in small steps.

There was nothing to say along the way.

In the villa.

Xu Anran poured a glass of water and looked up to observe Jiang Rongyan's expression. She felt that something was not right, so she tentatively handed it over. "Drink?"

"No need." After saying that, Jiang Rongyan turned around and went upstairs.

Xu Anran frowned slightly. She was a little puzzled and muttered, "This is really baffling."

However, she did not think too much about it. She went upstairs to wash up. In addition, she was a little tired today, so she quickly fell asleep.

...

It was very early in the morning, and Xu Anran also woke up very early.

After sorting out the necessary information for work, Xu Anran changed into a black long dress. She casually scanned her eyes and then took the folder downstairs.

Breakfast was already placed on the table. Jiang Rongyan was sitting on a chair and eating his sandwich slowly. When he heard her footsteps, he raised his eyes and immediately continued eating.

"I have to go to work later." Xu Anran also took a sandwich and looked at Jiang Rongyan.

Jiang Rongyan nodded and said, "I'll send you."

Ten minutes later, the two of them walked out of the villa together. Jiang Rongyan asked Xu Anran to wait at the door while he went to the garage to drive the car.

After a while, Jiang Rongyan drove a white Shanghai Volkswagen and stopped in front of Xu Anran.

Xu Anran was stunned for a moment and sat in the passenger seat.

Jiang Rongyan still did not say a word. Sensing the subtle atmosphere, Xu Anran secretly glanced at him.

Finally, her gaze fell on the gas coupon stuck in the car. Xu Anran was a little stunned. Was the life of a rich person so simple and unadorned?

Xu Anran lowered her head and smiled.. She immediately looked up at Jiang Rongyan and praised him, "I didn't expect you to live so simply. It seems that I've picked up a treasure!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 19: Xu Anning Stole Her Project

Jiang Rongyan nodded lightly and didn't say anything.

Xu Anran: "..." She didn't expect Director Jiang to be so reticent.

The atmosphere in the car was inexplicably awkward. Xu Anran rubbed her arms and felt a little cold.

She played a song to ease the atmosphere.

After half an hour, the car stopped at an office building. Jiang Rongyan turned to look at her. "We're here."

Xu Anran smiled and said, "Thank you." Then, she got out of the car and walked to the office.

Xu Anran came quite early. There were few people in the office, and they were all busy with their work. The only thing that lingered in her ears was the constant keyboard sounds.

She walked to her desk and turned on her computer. Immediately, a folder was thrown on the desk.

A smooth-looking male employee crossed his arms, raised his eyebrows, and met Xu Anran's puzzled gaze. He said impatiently, "Tidy up these documents and hand them over to Sister Anning."

"What do you mean?" Xu Anran frowned slightly.

The male employee became even more impatient. He snorted coldly and said, "It's just a literal meaning. You don't need to be in charge of this project in the future. Sister Anning will take over."

"You suddenly changed people without a reasonable reason?" Xu Anning sneered.

Xu Anran had been in charge of this project from the beginning, and she had always done well in it. However, she would never agree to it if it was suddenly changed to Xu Anning today.

Before she could finish her words, she suddenly heard the sound of high heels. She turned her head and saw Xu Anning holding Qiao Xiaokun's arm and walking toward them.

Xu Anran's gaze fell on their intimate arm, and she smiled sarcastically. "You two are really fast."

As she spoke, she looked at Xu Anning coldly and asked, "You hooked up with my ex-boyfriend, and now you want to steal the project that I spent so much effort to win? You're really good at playing cards!"

"Xiao Kun and I are in love, so how did it become stealing? Besides, it's not like I'm stealing this project, so it's up to me!"

Xu Anning looked at her with a smile, her chin raised high.

The male employee was watching the show from the side, and suddenly interrupted, "Sister Anran, this project was originally given to you on account of Brother Xiaokun. Now that the two of you have split up, naturally, it will be given to Sister Anning."

When Xu Anran heard this, her eyes were cold. She glanced at him lightly and sneered, "On account of him?"

"Back then, many people couldn't handle this project. I spent a lot of effort to get it. Now you're saying it's on account of Qin Xiaokun?"

Xu Anran's work was indeed done well. She had outstanding talent in corporate management.

The male staff was rendered speechless by her words. Xu Anran was too lazy to waste her breath on this person. She held the stack of documents in her arms and walked to the elevator.

When the elevator arrived, she pressed the button on the top floor and entered the executive office.

After pushing the door open and entering, she looked coldly at the man who was drinking his coffee. Her dark eyes narrowed as she questioned, "Dad, the project I've been responsible for all this time has been given to Xu Anning just like that? Aren't you going to give me a reasonable reason?"

Xu Zhenwei saw Xu Anran's figure and frowned slightly. He berated her, "You're so reckless. Have you forgotten the etiquette that I've taught you?"

Xu Anran grabbed onto the main topic.. "Dad, I'm talking about the project! I hope you can give me a reasonable explanation."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Chapter 20: Was Not Afraid of the Wrath of Heaven

Xu Zhenwei held a cup of coffee and sat on the boss's chair. He said calmly, "Didn't I inform you about this yesterday? I want to train Anning to become the general manager of the corporation. Naturally, I have to give her more opportunities."

Xu Anran was naturally not convinced. "But Dad, you're obviously going easy on her. Do you think it's fair to me?"

Xu Zhenwei put on a serious expression and said, "You and Anning are sisters. Why do you have to be so clear about the difference? From now on, you'll just be responsible for some simple projects. Your task is to assist Anning."

Hearing Xu Zhenwei's words, Xu Anran's face was full of sarcasm. She clenched her fists tightly by her side, and her breathing became a little unsteady. She lowered her head and did not say a word.

Sisters? An outsider who hooked up with an ex-boyfriend and stole her project was called sisters?

Since she was young, all the good things in the family that were unique went to Xu Anning. Only the things that Xu Anning looked down on could be in her hands.

If it weren't for her grandfather's concern for her, she wouldn't know how she would be living now!

Xu Zhenwei thought that she was obedient, so he put away the solemn expression on his face. He revealed a rare smile and said, "Dad knows that you've been obedient since you were young..."

Xu Anran lowered her eyes and sneered. Then, she looked up at Xu Zhenwei coldly as if there was a knife in her words. "I finally understand. Father only has eyes for Xu Anning as his daughter. How can he tolerate me?"

Xu Zhenwei felt as if he had lost face because of her words. "What nonsense are you talking about! You and Anning are both Father's daughters!"

"Also, you and Anning quarreled yesterday. I saw that she was unhappy during dinner. Go and apologize to her!" Xu Zhenwei acted as if it was a matter of course.

She had to apologize?

Xu Anran was so angry that her heart ached. She questioned, "Dad, am I not your daughter? Do you have to be so protective of Xu Anning?"

"You want me to apologize to her? It's impossible for me to do so for the rest of my life!"

"What kind of qualifications does she have? Anyone who isn't blind can tell. Are you so assured to hand the company over to her? It seems that Dad's eyes have gone blurry from old age. It's better to go to the hospital as soon as possible!"

Xu Anran spoke her heart out in a fit of anger. When Xu Zhenwei heard it, he was so angry that his face turned ashen. He pointed at Xu Anran and berated her loudly:

"You... Get lost!"

Xu Anran felt as if her entire heart was filled with a chill. Ever since she was young, she had never seen Xu Zhenwei put her in his eyes.

When she was young, she and Xu Anning would have parent-teacher conferences at the same time, but Xu Zhenwei would always attend to Xu Anning. Xu Anran's seat would always be empty.

In his eyes, Xu Anning was the precious daughter that he doted on in his heart, and she was just a child that he picked up. She had never felt fatherly love since she was young.

Now, Xu Zhenwei actually told her to get lost. Xu Anran was completely disappointed in this father.

Her eyes flashed with a faint cold light, and her tone was extremely cold. "The company was founded by my grandfather alone. It took decades of hard work. Now that your Xu family is so extravagant, aren't you afraid of being punished by the heavens?"

She was completely disappointed in this family, and naturally, she separated herself from the Xu family.

When Xu Zhenwei heard this, his expression became worse and worse. The coffee cup in his hand was smashed into pieces, and the glass shards on the floor looked particularly wretched.

"Xu Anran! Don't forget that I'm your father! You unfilial daughter, try saying that again!" He pointed at Xu Anran, his tone filled with anger, and even his tone was trembling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 1.1K 15
viewer discretion: I absolutely hate this book, do NOT take it seriously. Trigger Warning sh, ed, gore, smut, abuse, flashbacks. There is always help...
366K 10.9K 21
As Clarke & Lexa deal with the aftermath of their decisions at Mount Weather,forgotten feelings resurface. Both leaders struggle to find themselves a...
162K 2.1K 21
**NOT MINE** ¡FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES! Shi Jin was a desperate woman and just a pretty face in her past life. She was swapped at birth and broug...
241K 16K 28
in which two guys chat, without realising that one was dying. ❝kookiekream: will you stay with me? taebear: if life lets me...