The formula one family [2]

By Chelsea_Dewulf

This is the second book in this series, the first book 'You're special' has to be read before you can read th... More

Part 1:What happened?
Part 2:Mac and cheese
Part 3:The game
Part 4:Nightmare
Part 5:the Walk
Part 6:Monopoly
Part 7:They're dead
Part 8: We're your sons
Part 9: Where now?
Part 10: Where is she?
Part 11: I've got you
Part 12: I thought you were dead.
Part 13: Restraining order
Part 14: Patience
Part 15:he's losing it
Part 16:Night out
Part 17:retirement
Part 18:She can sing
Part 19:When you're on the verge of killing yourself
Part 20:Shopping
Part 21:discussion
Part 22:The king
Part 23: Checking up on you
part 24:With me now.
Part 25: They're not here
Part 26: Car keys
Part 27: Long sleeves
Part 28:The news
Part 29:Don't try anything
Part 30: Happy birthday!
Part 31:Party
Part 32:Let's find them
Part 33:the escape
Part 34: surgery
Part 35: gunshot
Part 36:Final battle
Part 37: Can I talk to you?
Part 38:Opportunities
Part 39:First ride
Part 40:race time
Part 41:We need to talk
Part 42:Feel happy now?
Part 43:fight me
Part 44: Let me go!
Part 45:He's free
Part 46:a feeling
Part 48:deathbed
Part 49:Rocky and Parker
50:You've got this
Part 51:the kids
Part 52:I've figured it out
Part 53:comeback
Part 54: the final race
Ending
extra info

Part 47:the hospital

67 2 0
By Chelsea_Dewulf

Flora Formula

"She's going to make it, she'll wake up, have some faith", I heard someone say. "I don't know, it was a bad one, have you seen it?", I heard someone else ask. They both had French accents. So that's probably père Pierre and père Charles. "Do not remind of that crash, it was an ugly one, I couldn't believe he did it, and that he's walking away with it!", I heard someone say with a Spanish accent. Why can't I answer, I want to move my body, I felt someone holding my hand, but I couldn't move anything. "Or the fact that he isn't even here!", said someone else. It sounded like dad Daniel. So dad Lewis and dad Lando were left. "The media, family and friends keep spamming me, what should I say?", asked, probably dad Lewis. "Tell them the truth, that she still hasn't waken up after a week!", I heard someone yell. "Yeah, we just came back from Singapore, she still hasn't woken up", I heard padre say. "Yeah, and what about Max?", asked dad Lewis.

God, body, move, cough, talk, even a millimeter!

"Did you see what he did, you saw the thing live!", said père Pierre. "Don't tell the media anything, tell our families that she hasn't woken up yet", I heard dad Lando say. "Alright", said dad Lewis. I was following the entire conversation without moving. I was so bored, worried and scared. "What the fuck do we do?", I heard père Charles say. I tried my best to squeeze my hand. "Guys, I'm not sure, but I think she just moved her hand, I'm not sure, it was only miniscule", told dad Lando to the rest. "How sure are you?", asked padre.

Yes! Yes! It's me, I'm awake!

"Not so sure, it was only a small movement", told dad Lando. "It was probably nothing", said père Pierre.

Père, no, it was something!

I started getting a lot of feeling around my chest. Suddenly the pain started, the numbness was gone. I quickly grabbed my chest. "Holy shit", said dad Lando jumping up because he was scared. "Ah, dad it hurts like hell", I said almost screaming. "Calm down, get a doctor in here!", yelled dad Lando. It kept getting worse. I was hardly breathing. "Dad, please, make it stop", I begged him. "Her vitals are through the roof!", yelled a nurse coming in. A doctor came too. The nurse put her fingers on my neck to check my heartbeat. "Her heart is going fast", said the nurse to the doctor. "Her oxygen is bad too, get an oxygen mask, or better an intubate tube", yelled the doctor to the nurses. They lowered the head rest of my bed. "Sir, can you please get out of the way", ordered the doctor to dad. I just kept screaming because it hurted like hell. "Somebody, give her some pain killers", ordered the doctor. I saw the nurses giving me some stuff through my IV. Probably a pain medicine. I quickly calmed down and almost passed out. I was still struggling to breathe naturally. "Sedated her from the neck down, I'll put intubate her, her airways is nowhere where I need it to be", told the doctor to the nurse. I felt everything going dumb. I realized they were intubating me, awake.

"She's going to feel really uncomfortable, she can't move and there's a tube down her throat, but we had to do it, or she wouldn't be able to live anymore", told the doctor. I kept lying down, the nurse was checking some more stuff. "Are you alright?", she asked. I tried to move something but it didn't work at all. "Her heartbeat is still a little too high, but we'll monitor it closely", I heard the doctor say. The nurse raised my headrest again as I was now facing the scared faces of my fathers. Dad Lando quickly grabbed my hand again. "I'll update the family", said dad Lewis. I closed my eyes in disgust as I realized that I couldn't move. "Can you blink?", asked père Pierre. I blinked one time. "Alright, two blinks is yes, one blink is no", said père Charles. Seriously? "Are you okay?", asked dad Daniel. I blinked two times. I didn't need them worrying. "She's definitely lying about that", said père Pierre? I confessed as I blinked two times. "Are you in pain?", asked dad Lando. I blinked one time, I was sedated. "She's sedated", answered padre. "Do you know what happened?", asked dad Lewis. I blinked one time, I didn't remember at all, I know I was yelling at Alex, and next thing I know I was in the hospital. "She doesn't know", said padre sighing. "Do not show it to her, let her strengths come on first", said dad Lando. It must have been really bad. "What I'll say is that you and Max both had a DNF, and so did Max in Singapore, he hasn't really at the top his game", explained père Charles. I closed my eyes. "We should let her rest", told père Pierre. I didn't hear the rest, I just fell asleep.

When I woke up, the tube was removed. I didn't hear a sound. When I open my eyes, I saw papa looking at me, he was crying. "Papa", I grunted. "Flora? How are you doing?", he asked standing up, but not getting to close to me. "How bad did I fuck it up?", I grunted. "What do you mean, it wasn't your fault", said papa to me. "It probably was, how bad did I fuck it up?", I repeated. "You didn't fuck it up, but you're out for the Austin grand-prix, which is in a month", replied papa. I tried to move but it hurted. I grunted a little bit, causing me to move just a little bit. "Don't move, you'll just get pain, but, I think it's time for me to go, I'm not even supposed to be in here", explained papa. "Why?", I asked. "I'm the one who fucked up, the police has forbidden me to visit you until further notice", replied papa. "But, you're my father, they can't do that, right?", I asked. "They can, I'll see you home when you're back", replied papa. "Alright", I replied. He walked out of the door. I pressed on the red button to ask for a nurse. "What's wrong?", asked a nurse. "Could I maybe get a glass of water? My throat and mouth are really dry, and it hurts", I asked her. "Yeah, it will come right up", she answered. She walked out and all I had to do was search for the things that she asked.

"Here you are, we've sent a notification to your fathers, they're downstairs right now at the canteen, I'm sure they'll be here soon", said the nurse. "Yeah, probably", I answered as she put the glass on my table and walked away. I tried to take the glass, but it felt like it was too heavy. I couldn't lift it up, how hard I tried. "Flora?", I heard someone ask. Père Charles crossed the corner. "Père", I said. "How are you?", he asked hugging me. "In a lot of pain", I answered. "We can get you some medications", offered dad Lewis. "No, no, it's fine", I answered smiling. "Are you sure?", asked padre. "Si, padre", I answered. I looked at the glass. I kept staring at it. My fathers asked me a bunch of questions.

"You know you can just ask someone to help you drink the water?", asked dad Daniel. "What? No, I'm fine, I don't need it", I answered. I did, my throat hurted like hell. "Yes, you do, just let us help you", said dad. Padre lifted the cup to my mouth I took some sips of it and pulled my head back. "Gracias", I thanked him. "De nada", he replied. "I want to see the crash", I asked. They all looked at me. "I don't think you're ready for it yet", said dad Lando. "Please, I want to see", I asked. "No, you'll have to wait, you're not ready", answered dad Lewis. I sighed and held my head against my bed. "Could we talk to the fathers, alone?", asked the nurse. "Yeah, sure, will you be fine?", asked père Pierre. "Yeah, go on", I answered. They all went out. I immediately took dad Lando his phone that he left here. I searched for the clip. Holy shit!

Commentator: What is he doing? He's pushing her against the barriers! What's going to happen when they make the corner? They come in the braking zone and oh! They collided, and it's.... Not good at all. Holy shit. I cannot believe what I've just seen. This may have ended her life there. Oh my god.... That's a red flag, I'm going to be surprised if the race even continues. After this horrible crash.

We see her fathers desperately looking at the cameras to get any conformation if their daughter is alive and awake. So far she hasn't been responding to anyone calling her on her radio. We see Max walking out as he has spun. He looks at the very damaged car of his daughter, the crash that he caused.

I listened to the commentator as I saw it all happen. He pushed me to much into the barriers, causing me to have no space and literally sending me into the air. I landed on top of his car as I rolled off again. I even went over the barriers at the end of the run-off area. This was a bad one. I was abruptly stopped by a building, you could barely see it. I saw every mechanic their reaction. The most of the team principals were utterly shocked as they saw me fly off the track. The same to the mechanics. Grandpa Seb was crying as it seems. Even grandpa Christian was utterly shocked. I saw all my fathers their radio on the video clip. They were all asking how I was, and with dad Daniel and père Pierre they had to let them know. Their voice, it was heartbreaking. I heard some of my uncles too. The next thing I see is the paramedics pulling me out the car. I was unconscious, weak, put on a gurney, you could see I was past out, and I had a tube in my mouth. Wow, holy shit.

"Flora, you weren't supposed to watch that!", said dad Lando snatching the phone off of me. "That's why you didn't tell me, I even flew further than the run-off area", I realized. "Yeah, it was a bad one", said dad Daniel. I had no reaction to it anymore, I just wanted to get out of this hospital already. "Are you alright, we know, it's a lot to process", asked père Pierre. "Yeah, it's fine, It's just a miracle that I'm not that hurt like I was supposed to, again", I replied. "The doctor said it too, but that's good, right?", asked père Charles trying to comfort me.

"It's getting late, Charles, this time it's you that stays", said dad Lewis. "Yeah, happy to", he answered. Everyone said goodbye but I didn't really answer. I really wasn't in the mood. Père Charles was on his phone. Some tears left my eyes. He didn't realize it because I wasn't facing him. I left out a little sob. "Are you alright?", asked père noticing that I was crying. "Yeah, it's fine", I answered, he may have heard the crying a little bit. "Do not lie, what's wrong?", he asked. I turned to him. "I don't know, I feel like I've lost all my motivation because of the crash", I answered. "It'll be fine, and nobody is going to say anything when you decide to take the rest of the season of", explained père taking my hand. "But, I'm so close to winning that damn thing that caused this crash, if I'll back down now, I don't know", I answered. "Nobody will blame you, you've been in a severe crash, people still think you're in a coma, some people even think that you're dead", replied père. "Wouldn't be the first time", I joked. He laughed a little bit. "Well, this time you aren't declared dead, so that's a big difference", told père. "Yeah, maybe, it's just the thought, that crash could have ended my life right there", I said. "Yeah, it could have, but it didn't, and you've got to celebrate it", told père. "Yeah, I just don't feel like this big of a crash is something to celebrate", I answered. "Yeah, maybe, I haven't had a crash that big", answered père. "Well, Monza 2020 was quite big", I answered. "That's nothing compared to yours", he answered sitting back. He tried to let his hand go but I kept holding him. I needed him at the moment. "Hold on, I'm going to get comfortable", he said. He put the long chair closer to my bed and put his hand through the hole in the barrier. He took my hand. "Is it bad that I can't feel my legs?", I asked. "The doctor said that your legs were pretty bruised, so then something with your nerves, I didn't understand a shit from it. But he said that with patience and practice, it'll be fixed in, at your speed, a month, 5 weeks, it depends how you practice", he answered. "Ugh", I sighed. "You'll get there, eventually", he said. "Eventually", I replied. I heard some knocking on the door. I looked who it was. "Flora, Mr. Leclerc", I heard. There is only one close person who calls père like that.

"Matthias", I said. I left out a little smile. I just enjoyed staring into those beautiful eyes, and worried, damn. Matthias is worried! "I brought flowers, erm, Fabian and Jack did say which ones you like, so the choice wasn't mine", he said. "Come on in and close the door", ordered père not looking from his phone. He still didn't like him. "You're talking with Fabian and Jack?", I asked. "No, not really, I just asked what you like", he said doing what père asked. "Oh, wait, I'll leave you guys alone", said père standing up. I rolled with my eyes. "How are you?", he asked kissing me. "I'm fine, a little shook, but, I'll get over it", I answered. "I haven't asked, and I'm dying to ask you, do you want to be my girlfriend?", he asked hesitantly. "Of course I would like to be your girlfriend", I said smiling. He smiled too. "No, but really, how are you?", he asked. "I'm fine, I can't move my legs though, but père said it would be alright", I answered. I ended my conversation with him and he had to leave.

"Please tell me you haven't, yeah", asked père. "What? No! I can't even move my damn legs!", I answered. "Alright, because with Mattias it's weird now that we've realized it, as me and your other fathers, it's weird if you have sex with Matthias", said père sitting back down. Oh, shit. Woops. I didn't answer. "You didn't do it alright, right?", he asked. "No, no, I didn't do it yet", I answered. "Alright", he said. "But, he may be my boyfriend", I said in a silent voice. "What?", asked père confused. "It's, yeah, it is what it is. He's my boyfriend, Matthias is my boyfriend", I explained. "The man tried to kidnap us", said père. "Nobody is perfect, and he was six at the time", I replied. "Wasn't he eight?", asked père. "He was under cover for the mafia, they weren't going to use his real age", I explained. "I'm proud of you, but, wow, let it sink in", said père leaning back in his chair. I just smirked and tried to go to sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.2K 57
Natalie has never really had a clear goal about what she wants to do with her life. Now, she is finally on set on her journey to find herself but wha...
717K 8.5K 103
@landonorris started following you! BOOK 1/2!
64.6K 2K 49
~ 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐰𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐝...
241K 2.4K 17
A book filled with one-shots about our favourite formula one / two drivers