Friday Night Hoppin' Season 1...

By Mr_Man1ac

Y/N was your average teen... Well kinda. Y/N was fearless, he wasn't afraid of anything ; if he saw a potenti... More

Bio
Season 1 Episode 1: Anne Or Beast?
Season 1 Episode 2: Best Fronds
Season 1 Episode 3: Cane Crazy
Season 1 Episode 4: Flood, Sweat and Tears
Multiversal Mayhem Part 1: Squid Kids
Season 1 Episode 5: Hop Luck
Season 1 Episode 6: Stakeout
Season 1 Episode 7: The Domino Effect
Season 1 Episode 8: Taking Charge
Season 1 Episode 10: Breakout Star
Season 1 Episode 11: Sprig vs Hop Pop
Season 1 Episode 12: Girl Time
Season 1 Episode 13: Dating Season

Season 1 Episode 9: Anne Theft Auto

142 5 4
By Mr_Man1ac

The episode begins off not in the Plantar Farm, but rather outside in the fields, where the Plantars, Anne, and Y/N are enjoying a nice ride on Bessie, the large purple snail the Plantars have and treat as an official family member. Currently, everyone has a relaxed expression on their face, enjoying the piece and quiet, while Y/N is having a good time with Paris.

Hop Pop: Ah, a leisurely outing with Bessie. Why, we could really go anywhere. Do anything.

Sprig: (Gets excited) Ooh, ooh! Can we get Swamp Slushies? They have new flavors.

Hop Pop: (Laughs before giving his answer) Nope. (Sprig gets upset and scowls)

Polly: (Gets excited) Can we go off-road? (Pulls on Hop Pop's eyelids) Do some crazy stunts?

Hop Pop: Double no. (Polly gets upset and scowls)

Anne: (Gets excited) Ooh, ooh! Can I drive?

Hop Pop: Sure.

Anne: Aw, come on, Hop Pop- Wait, really?

Hop Pop: Absolutely. I've been trying to teach this guy for years. (Points to Sprig)

Sprig: (Confirms) It's true.

Y/N: (Gets excited) Ooh, ooh! If she can drive then can I?

Hop Pop: Absolutely... (Y/N smiles) Not.

Y/N: (Groans) Why can she drive but I can't?

Hop Pop: It's because you'll most likely take Bessie to places you want to go, or just try to do tricks so he can show off to others in town.

Y/N: (Sits back in his seat and mumbles to himself) I just wanted to go on night drives, with Paris. (Paris chirps sadly)

Anne: Alright, enough! (Motions to her hands) Give me those reins. I'm ready to drive. (Confidence in her voice)

Back at the Plantar Farm, Hop Pop tosses a very heavy book onto a tree stump in front of Anne, instead of letting her drive Bessie.

Hop Pop: Not before reading this, you ain't.

Anne: (Confused) What?

Hop Pop: This is Bessie's History. Before touching a snail's reins, you gotta know them. Feel their heartbeat next to yours and become one.

Anne: Hop Pop, it's just a vehicle. We had a family car back home. It's no biggie. (Gets knocked to the ground as Hop Pop throws the book at her) Oof!

Hop Pop: Don't care. You can't drive Bessie, unless you read this cover to cover. And that's final.

Y/N: Well I'm glad I don't have to do that. (Looks to Hop Pop) If I read this then can I drive?

Hop Pop: I'll think about it.

Anne: Are there pictures? (Asks with hope)

Hop Pop: There are diagrams.

Anne: (Dramatically falls to her knees and dramatically cries out) Noooooooo!

Y/N: (Deadpans) Yeah I'm definitely not reading that now.

Hop Pop: Dramatic much? Now if you'll excuse me, Polly's due for a wash.

Y/N: Do you think you can take Paris as well. (Shows Paris who's head is dirty)

Hop Pop: (Sighs) I will but just this once. (Picks up a very dirty Polly from a mud puddle, and takes Paris from Y/N)

Polly: No, no. Wait. No! I'll just get dirty again. You can't stop me! I learned this from watching you two, Anne and Y/N! (Aggressively rolls away as Hop Pop gives chase)

Anne: (Looks down at the book) Ugh. I'll be old before I finish reading this thing.

Sprig: (Shows up) Yeah, page five is as far as I got. Too much description, not enough plot.

Y/N: (Looks to Sprig) I wouldn't have gotten past page one.

Anne: (Sighs) This is ridiculous. I don't need history. (Puts the book into Bessie's bag and jumps onto her seat) I need experience. (Gets an idea)Hey. What do you say we take a harmless test-drive? Prove to Hop Pop we're fast learners? (Extends her hand out to Sprig and Y/N, who are about to take it but stop quickly)

Sprig: Hmm. Do you get the feeling this is one of those decisions we'll look back on and say, "Ooh-boy, we probably shouldn't have done that"?

Y/N: Who cares you only live once. (Accepts Annes hand and gets on Bessie, but Sprig is still skeptical)

Anne:(In a singsong voice) We'll get Swamp Slushies while we're out.

Sprig: (Leaps up next to Anne and Y/N) No regrets!

Anne: That's what I like to hear. Hyah! (Shakes Bessie's rain)

As soon as Anne shakes them, Bessie dashes off at incredible speeds, getting Anne, Y/N, and Sprig cheer with joy. The three then begin approaching Mrs Croaker, who's riding a ladybug as she sees a dust cloud heading her way.

Mrs. Croaker: Huh? What in tarnation? (Begins spinning out of control as Bessie rides past her at high speeds) Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Sprig: (Taunts by patting his butt, like a kid) Out of the way, slowpoke!

Mrs. Croaker: (Shouts at Anne, Sprig, and Y/N) Hooligans! Ruffians! Swamp suckers!

Y/N: (Shouts back) I didn't even do nothing to you!

Anne: (Looks at Sprig) Whoa. What was that?

Sprig: I've always wanted to try road rage.

Anne: And the verdict?

Sprig: (Looks at his hands) Exhilarating.

Y/N: (Holds up his hand for a high five, which Sprig accepts) Welcome to my life.

Anne: Live your truth! Yeah! (She, Y/N and Sprig then laugh)

It soon starts to grow awkward so Y/N decides to strike up conversation by asking a question.

Y/N: ...Do y'all want to have a rap battle?

Sprig: Sure.

Anne: It's been a while since we had one so sure!

Y/N: (Surprised) Really? Ok, then who wants to go first?

Anne: I'll go first. (Holds her hand out so she can get one of Y/N's microphones which he gives her)

Y/N: (Cocky smirks) Alright, let's see if you can still keep up with me.

*Song Name: Drive By*
(Original Song Name: Groovin, by Kalpy. Imagine it's Y/N and Anne, instead of Skarlet Bunny Girl, and Boyfriend)

The song starts off as Anne's seemingly got better at rapping than when she first rapped against Y/N when they were walking towards the lake. Y/N was impressed and somewhat proud that people were into his interests, he couldn't wait to see if Sprig had gotten better or not.

As the song comes to an end Sprig is seen clapping for the two of them, even Bessie begins chirping happily, saying that she liked it as well. Y/N then looked to Anne to find out how she had gotten better.

Y/N: (Surprised) Look at you, that was great! What have been training for this or something?

Anne: (Smirks) I'll never tell.

Y/N: Well ok then. (Looks to Sprig) You ready buddy? (Holds up the extra microphone in his hand)

Sprig: (Smiles and accepts the microphone) Ready as I'll ever be.

Y/N: (Smirks) Confidence, alright dude let's see what you got.

*Song Name: Leap Frog*
(Original Song Name: Mando, by emihead.
Imagine it's Sprig and Y/N, instead of Yellow and Boyfriend)

The song starts as Sprig begins singing, Y/N could also see a difference with him from last time they rapped. Instead of going with a slow paste type of song, he begins to sing slightly faster, though it's still a bit slow and groovy.

After the song ends and Anne is seen clapping like how Sprig was when Anne and Y/N were done singing. Bessie then chirps happily again, most likely saying she liked what she heard again.

Y/N: You two have gotten better. I'm surprised, flabbergasted... What's another word similar to surprised?

Anne: (Thinks for a bit) Bewildered.

Y/N: Bewildered! How did you two get so much better than last time? (Anne and Sprig shrug, until Y/N thinks about it for a bit) You saw me rapping during our adventures and took notes didn't you?

Anne: Oh yeah.

Sprig: We sure did.

Y/N: (Sits back in his seat) Well I'm at least satisfied with what I heard.

Sprig: (Also sits back in his seat) Man, you were right. We didn't need to read some silly book. You drive just fine.

Anne: Just fine? Pshh. Boy, I'm a natural.

Y/N: (Smiles) Speaking of driving, you mind if I drive.

Anne: I don't see why not. (Hands Y/N Bessies rains as Y/N smiles like an excited child)

Y/N: (Gets an idea and gasps) Ooh, ooh! Wanna take this baby off-road?

Sprig: Yup.

Anne: Heck yeah.

Y/N shakes Bessie's reins, getting the snail to accelerate as she drives the three of them of guard. What then occurs is the trio speeding through the forest, getting whacked in the face by low branches and making spins after performing jumps, all while Anne, Sprig, and Y/N laugh. Eventually, they land in a small open area as the laughing dies down.

Anne: (Sighs) So, off-roading. Fun. But how about we go back to on-roading?

Sprig: Good old reliable on-roading, yes, please.

Y/N : All right, Bessie. Let's move. (He shakes Bessie's reins, but Bessie doesn't move) One more time. Let's move. (Still no movement) Um, Bessie?

The three kids get off to see Bessie is now hiding in her shell.

Sprig: You all right, girl? (Bessie responds with noises)

Anne: Hey, what's going on here? Does it need fuel in the tank or something? Is the oil low? (Dangles some leaves in front of her) Come get the tasty fuel, Bessie.

Y/N: (Inspecting the leaf Anne is holding) Anne that leave is dead.

Sprig:  Yeah, ew Anne. These leaves are tastier. Here, Bessie. I got dem good leaves, girl. (Does the same thing Anne is doing)

Anne: Hmm. Maybe we can push her? Give her a jump-start? (Realizes what she said) I'm sure that's a thing.

Both Anne, Sprig, and Y/N attempt to push Bessie in order to get her to move, but cannot get her to budge a single inch. Soon they slide to the floor, out of breath.

Anne: Okay. She is way too heavy. Also, I'm crazy out of shape.

Y/N: Same, Sister. (Holds out his fist for a fist bump which Anne accepts)

Sprig: What are we gonna do? We're stuck.

Anne: We have no choice. Me and Y/N will stay here with Bessie while you hitch a ride back to the farm and... (groans at what she's gonna say next) ... go get Hop Pop.

Sprig: Good idea. It's the right thing to do, even if we get an earful. Back in a flash! (Uses his tongue to swing away on branches and jump from tree to tree)

A few seconds after Sprig leaves the two humans, Anne is now left with only her other friend, a hiding Bessie, and only the sound of insects.

Anne: Ah, this is so boring. (Sits down and groans) Wish I had something to read. (Notices Bessie's history book still in the bag) Fine. But just to pass the time. (Looks to Y/N) You want to read it with me Y/N?

Y/N: Sure, but... Do you mind if you read it to me? I... Uh... Can't read.

Anne: (Confused) You can't read?

Y/N: (Rubs his right arm) Yeah, no one ever taught me how to read.

Anne: Well... Sure I guess I can read to you. (Motions for Y/N to come and sit by her, which he does. Y/N then sits next to her and puts his head on Anne's shoulder, looking like a child waiting to here a bed time story. Anne didn't mind this since she felt bad for the boy. Her and Y/N cough as she opens the book) Okay, let's see here. "It was an especially cold morning the day Bessie was brought into this world."

Hop Pop: (Narrating) "The leaves had just changed color, and now I shall describe those leaves to you in great detail--"

Anne: (Closes the book, which stops the narration) Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. (Tosses the boom away, which Y/N goes to go and get. Y/N then comes back with the book and sets it on Anne's lap. Anne just sighs as Y/N puts his head back on Anne's shoulder)

Meanwhile, with Sprig, he's hopping through the trees, until he notices someone riding in the distance.

Sprig: Aha! (Leaps down and waves his arms around) Over here, over here. I need a ride. (The rider stops as a dust cloud begins to disperse) Oh, thank you so much for stopping. I, uh-- (Sees that the one that stopped was Sadie Croacker) Oh.

Mrs. Croaker: Bless my socks. If it isn't Sprig Plantar. (Her pet spider barks)

Sprig: (Chuckles nervously) Yep. Hey, uh, sorry about earlier. Got a little carried away.

Mrs. Croaker: Oh, pishposh. Sadie Croaker never holds a grudge, honey.

Sprig: Well, that's lucky. Will you give me a lift back home? It's urgent.

Mrs. Croaker: Oh, absolutely.

Sprig: Thanks, Mrs. Croaker.

Mrs. Croaker: Oh, my pleasure, honey. Well, go on and get comfy. Watch out for ol' Archie, though. His venom can cause paralysis. (Sprig sits away from Archie) Now hold on to your eyebrows. 'Cause here we go! (Whips her ladybug and whoops with joy)

Sprig: Whoo! (Sees that the ladybug is moving very slowly) Can't this thing go any faster?!

Back with Anne and Y/N, Anne is continuing to read the book to Y/N, getting past the leaves part and getting to the big moments. Y/N is slowly but surely understanding whats going on in the book.

Hop Pop: (Narrating) "And it was at that moment I realized Bessie was no ordinary snail, but a kind, clear soul who would help others at a drop of a hat. I raised my bid to 400 copper pieces, winning the auction, and in the process, saving Bessie from the nefarious Jim Snapes."

Anne: Yes! In your face, Snapes. (Grunts in excitement) Man. This is actually pretty good. (Takes some leaves and chews on them) And I need to stop eating leaves.

Y/N: (Takes the leaves and chews on it) If you're not going to eat it then I will.

Back with Sprig, he's now holding Archie and humming to himself, hoping that he'll get home quicker.

Sprig: Come on, come on.

Mrs. Croaker: You know what would make this ride go a lot quicker?

Sprig: What? Anything. What?

Mrs. Croaker: A song! (Begins vocalizing as Sprig has a look of despair) Ninety-nine jugs Of juice on the wall. Ninety-nine jugs of juice. Take one down, pass it around.

Back with Anne and Y/N, she's still reading to Y/N getting to a part about Bessie's history.

Hop Pop: (Narrating) "The snow swirled around us and I knew we were doomed. I could feel the strength leaving my body bit by bit. The sweet embrace of eternity crept closer and closer. Until suddenly I heard a sound pulling me back." "Bessie... Bessie was singing!"

Anne: (Begins crying) You go, girl. (Hugs Bessie's shell) You noble, noble creature. (Realizes Y/N is watching) Man. This is messing me up. (Sniffles) Now let's see. Where was I? "The reason Bessie had hidden in her shell was now very clear to me. A predator was close. And not just any predator. A natural enemy of snails." (Bushes begin rustling and birds start cawling)

Anne: Uh... Hello? (Skims through the book) Uh, anything in here about this predator? Oh, there we go. (Sees a picture of a yellow hedgehog) Aw, it's actually pretty cute.

Y/N: (Sounding afraid) Anne, put the book down quickly.

Anne puts the book down to see a more hideous and feral hedgehog, and it's not alone as more hedgehogs emerge from the bushes, encircling the two kids and Bessie. Anne and Y/N scream as they hop onto the seat to avoid the barking and hungry predators, with Anne kicking one in the face when it jumps to close.

Y/N: (Desperately) Anne find anything in that book to help us while I stall! (Anne gives him a nod, while Y/N looks to the army of hedgehogs) Do your worst! (The hedgehogs leader then rises with it being slightly bigger than the others. The hedgehogs below then roar at Y/N, as he tightens the grip on his microphone and his eyes glow black and red, and the gem in Y/N's pocket begins to crack a bit more)

*Song Name: HedgeClaw*
(Original Song Name: Execution, by Neutroa. Imagine it's The Leader of the Hedgehog and Y/N, instead of Lord X and Boyfriend)

The song starts as The Leader of the Hedgehogs commands the other hedgehogs to try and climb up Bessie. When their first attempt fails, they then try to climb up on top of one another and they end up succeeding... For a short period of time, as Y/N begins either kicking or hitting the ones that try and come up with his microphone.

The Leader of the Hedgehogs then try's to deal with Y/N himself as he grabs a hold of Y/N's leg with his mouth and drags him to the ground. Anne grows worried and flips through the pages faster to try and find something to help them. Back with Y/N he is currently trying to fight off the leader, by trying to punch and kick him.

Though something unexpected happens just then, as one of Y/N's punches seems to have a red and black fire like aura, similar to what happened to him when he fought that tomato plant. The punch then manages to go through the leader's body, Y/N then manages to pull out the heart of the leader, killing him in the process. Anne didn't notice this however, as Y/N wipes the blood of the leader on his jacket. The other hedgehogs see their leader fall, but this only makes them angrier as they begin to charge towards him.

We now cut to GL!X currently making sure if the multiverse is in check. We then focus on the scan of Y/N which is flashing more and more, it then reads "NIGHTMARE ENERGY 9%" with the word warning flashing around it over and over. Though GL!X doesn't seem to notice.

Back with Anne, she is still looking through the book for anything to help her, and Y/N who is still trying to fight off the hedgehogs.

Anne: Cone on, come on. Yes! (Holds a hand for so Y/N can get back on top of Bessie) Y/N I found something that could help us get on! (Y/N excepts Annes hand and gets back on top of Bessie. Anne then notices the amount of damage Y/N has on his body) Y/N your bleeding?!

Y/N: (Winces from the pain) Don't worry I'm fine.

Anne: (Flabbergasted) What do you mean your find you just fought an entire army?! We need to get you home and patch you up.

Y/N: (Says calmly) Anne, we won't be able to get home, (yells) IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT YOU FOUND THAT CAN HELP US!!!

Anne: (Remembers) Oh right, sorry. "When Bessie senses danger, you gotta sit on her shell and yell at the top of your lungs, "Bessie, things are getting messy!""

At that moment, Bessie berks up and begins speeding off, leaving the hedgehogs dazed and confused. Most of the predators growl and give chase, trying to catch up.

Anne: Eat our dust, hedgehogs. (Almost gets stabbed when one launches its quills)

Y/N: (Trying to dodge the quills being launched at him) Anything else that can help us in that book?

Anne: Let me see. "If you still haven't escaped, give Bessie some berries from the secret compartment in the front of her shell." (Opens the compartment, revealing said berries and part of her organs)

Y/N: I'm going to need A LOT of therapy when we get back home.

Anne: Whoa, this is gross. Let's do this thing, Bessie.

Anne gives Bessie the berries, who quickly eats them. Soon, her slime trail turns pink and slippery, causing the hedgehogs to slide off a cliff.

Y/N: Serves them right. (Mentally) I don't know how I did it, but... I somehow took down their king.

Anne: Way to go, Bessie! You are the queen of the road. (Bessie purrs at the kind words) All right, let's go home. (Bessie starts moving again as Y/N decides to cheer for Bessie a little bit more, causing Bessie to purr)

Back with Mrs Croaker, Sprig is lying down on the seat, fed up with the song Mrs Croaker's singing.

Mrs. Croaker: (Still singing) Take one down Pass it around. No more jugs of juice On the wall.

Sprig: (Sighs) Glad that's finally over.

Mrs. Croaker: One more time! (Sprig covers his face with Archie and screams right as Bessie pulls up beside the ladybug)

Anne: Hey, kid, need a lift?

Y/N: Look's like you've been through a lot. (Bessie purrs)

Sprig: Anne! Y/N! Thank goodness. Okay, bye, Mrs. Croaker. Thank you. (Hops onto Bessie)

Mrs. Croaker: Bye, darlin'. Next time, try to keep that road rage in check. (Laughs) Yee-haw! (Whips her ladybug and it takes off at high speed, with her cackling still being heard by the three kids) Woo-hoo!

Sprig: Pretty sure I just got played.

Anne: That woman is everything I want to be.

Y/N: Same.

After continuing to ride Bessie through the forest, they finally reach the Plantar just as it's starting to get dark.

Sprig: We made it. And it looks like Hop Pop's still washing Polly, and Paris. (The silhouette of a dirty Polly, is seen bouncing around the house, while a the silhouette of a dirty Paris is seen flying around the house, while Hop Pop is trying to catch them)

Polly: You'll never take me alive! (Paris chirps rebelliously)

Hop Pop: Dang it, Polly and Paris. You're getting filth everywhere! (Another crash is heard as Sprig begins to head towards the front door)

Sprig: (Looks towards Anne and Y/N) Hey. You two coming?

Anne: (Shakes her head) I think I'm going to spend a little more time with ol' Bessie here.

Y/N: Same.

Anne: Not looking like that you aren't Y/N. Go get patched up by Sprig, then come back out here.

Y/N: (Sighs) Fine. (Hops off of Bessie and walks towards Sprig)

Sprig: Suit yourselves. (Takes Y/N to go get patched up as he closes the door. A few minutes later a now bandaged Y/N is seen coming back out of the house, and back on top of Bessie, who still puts his head on Anne's shoulder, as Bessie purrs)

Anne: Now where were we?

It is now early morning, and Hop Pop is peacefully sleeping in his bed. Suddenly, he's awoken by Bessie's history book being placed on his stomach.

Hop Pop: (Grunts) What the hey?

Anne + Y/N: (With bloodshot eyes) Good morning, Hopadiah.

Hop Pop: Anne? Y/N?

Anne: We did it. We read the whole thing. In one night.

Hop Pop: Impressive. Kinda scary. But impressive.

Anne: (Sits down on an armchair, next to Y/N who sits down on another chair and immediately falls asleep) I was wrong about Bessie. She's not just a vehicle. She's a noble, beautiful creature.

Hop Pop: And now that you've read this, all you need is experience.

Anne begins chuckling as she stands up, her chuckling becoming more like sinister laughing, as she leaves the room after bumping into the wall a few times, all while Hop Pop watched the whole thing.

Hop Pop: I don't feel safe.

Bonus Clip!

We now return back to the void as Soul Y/N is seen talking with White once more, seemingly having something important to tell him, about what happened between Y/N and the leader of the hedgehogs.

Soul Y/N: (Chuckles) AND THEN HE PULLED THE HEART OUT OF IT LIKE A BARBARIAN!

White: That's...surprising. He's making good progress, I'd say at the pace he's at I'll be out of here in no time.

Soul Y/N: WHAT DO YOU EVEN PLAN TO DO ONCE YOU DO GET OUT OF HERE?

White: You'll find that out sooner or later.

Soul Y/N: (Groans) THAT AIN'T FAIR.

...

...

We now return to Y/N who is currently trying to get a book from Hop Pop's study, though he isn't trying to read it for himself. He picks out a book and walks out of Hop Pop's study over to the basement door which he then opens.

He then goes down to ask Anne a question who is seen reading a magazine.

Y/N: Hey Anne, could I ask you a question?

Anne: (Looks over to Y/N) Sure dude, what did you need.

Y/N: (Slightly embarrassed) Well I- Uh I was- Could you- (takes a deep breath and calms down) Could you read this to me? (Shows the book to Anne)

Anne: (Smiles) Of course,

Y/N: (Surprised) Wait really?

Anne: Yeah, I mean you liked it when I read you Bessie's history, and I did to. (Takes the book from Y/N) So I'd be glad to read to you again. (Points to her neck) Come here.

Y/N just giggles and made his way over to Anne and puts his head on Anne's neck, as she begins to read to him once more.

Y/N was happy that he finally found someone who didn't judge him for what he liked, he was happy that he finally found someone who didn't judge him for his stupidity, and most importantly he was finally happy that he had finally found someone that would stick by his side till the end of time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 50 13
Anne has been a street kid ever since she was 5 when her parent's where killed so all of this time she has been on the streets on her own and thus te...
190 4 3
After recharging The Calamity Box, Anne knew it was time for her, Marcy and Sasha to go home. but, Anne later learns something that makes her heart b...
16.8K 621 20
I OWN NON OF THESE CHARACTERS WITHIN THIS STORY A little bit about Y/n is that she is quite shy out in the real world, however when she's on the Inte...
17.9K 637 16
17 year old Marcy Wu had a rough childhood after her parents sold her to a dangerous pack when she was eight years old. As a quiet, clumsy, nerdy ome...