NOELLA

By alicat252

Noella Moretti was kidnapped by her mother at age four due to jealousy her mother abused Noella and later sol... More

Intro
Characters Pt 1
Characters pt2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Characters pt 3
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Characters pt 4
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Characters pt 4
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Characters pt 5
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Characters pt 6
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Character list pt 6
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
NEW BOOK!
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Luka and Noella's house pt 1
Luka and Noella's house pt 2
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Epilogue Characters
Epilogue
Apollo's spinoff !!
New mafia book!!!!

Chapter 69

419 11 2
By alicat252

                  It's late the next morning , after returning to the villa yesterday we all shared what we learned with the rest of the group . Oldie and Luka had some strong reactions to learning what Galanis's original plans for me were.

         We all decided to go our own ways for the rest of the night to decompress and process this new information , then the next day my old team and I will spend the day reading the journals looking for the location of the island or anything that could help us.

         So after breakfast this morning my old team and I headed into the sun room here in the villa to read through the journals in peace . Javi and Diego are handing my everyday mafia work . Just because Galanis has reappeared doesn't mean our other work and daily tasks stop .

      I have several different teams working on leads , either on Galanis himself or the assassin. My brothers went back to Theodoros house to do a deeper search , like pulling up floorboards or opening up walls . They told me they'll put everything back out of respect for my aunt and cousins.

       Luka is working with his father in the office I gave him to use while we're here in Mexico at the estate . Oldie is stress baking , which he doesn't know how to do . So I have my old nanny and now housekeeper Rosina watching over him to make sure he doesn't start a fire .

         The journal I'm currently reading is from when Theodoros was around ten years old . It's quite odd reading about what his day to day life was at that time . He was very..... lonely , his father never let him leave the house and when people were at the house Theodoros was locked away in his room in the hidden attic . The room had no windows but he describes it as comfortable.

      With a cozy bed , a book shelf filled with his favorites and glow in the dark star stickers on the ceiling, that his friend Boyan Kolev gifted him after learning he was afraid of the dark . The only person other than his brother , father and the staff of the house that knew he existed was Boyan .

       Just as I finish this journal my phone rings disturbing the silence we had in the room for the last few hours . I look down at my phone to see the right hand to one of my capos here in Mexico Edgar , calling me . I answer immediately, the only times a right hand calls a Don directly means something has happened to the capo.

      " si que pasó ( yes what happened)" " si Donna mi capo y su esposa tuvieron un accidente esta mañana estamos en el hospital local ( yes Donna my capo and his wife had an accident this moring we are at the local hospital )" . I quickly get up and start heading towards my car . " Estare ahi pronto(I'll be there soon)".  I hang up and text my security team to get ready to go .

          Within a few minutes I'm in a black suv and my driver is headed straight to the local hospital. This is not our hospital which is why it's important that I'm there . The capos name is Abriel Costa and his wife Leya. I've known Abriel and leya since I became a Garcia . The couple were best friends with my older cousins.

      The thing about Abriel and leya is they are both orphans, they grew up together in the same orphanage here in Mexico . Eventually Abriel joined the mafia and climbed the ranks . Five years ago they finally got married and a couple years after that they started their family .

     Due to the fact they have no family other then the members of the mafia , on every legal document I am listed as power of attorney to the couple in case of emergency. This is a common practice in our mafia that when you don't have some one to make those important choices that the Don will do so .

      The members who do chose this fill out extensive forms based soon the decisions they would want made for them during times they could not voice a decision for themselves. I've had to only make the decisions for four of my members in the past during my time as don . I pray this accident wasn't too bad. Abriel and leya are like family to me , I'm even the god mother to their daughter .

          I arrived at the hospital moments ago , I met with Edgar in the waiting room he informed me that the hospital refused to give him any update on Abriel and leya . Edgar has been trying to get a hold of their nanny who we believe the kids are with but had been unsuccessful. 

      After a few more minutes of waiting a doctor approaches . I can tell he's American immediately , my thoughts are proven correct when he speaks . " is English ok ?" I nod " yes doctor I'm Noella Garcia can you give me and update on Abriel and leya Costa."
" yes let's sit down " he motions to the private waiting room and I instantly know what ever he's about to say is bad news .

     " I'm very sorry to say that Leya died on impact ." I nod , I have no words and the doctor continues.
" Abriel is unconscious, he has many broken bones and internal damage .....but the biggest issue is he has no activity in his brain ."I shut my eyes and take a deep breath " so you are saying he is brain dead ?" " I can not declare someone brain dead until the six hour window of observation is up we are currently at hour three"

        " ok so we have to wait the remaining three hours and pray for any change " " yes , now I would like to take about the children...." " wait what do you mean ? We believed the children were with their nanny"
" unfortunately that isn't true , the two children were in the accident. The young boy suffered a left broken arm and needed a few stitches . The infant girl has some bruises and cuts but was mostly unscathed due to the car seat ."

       I sit there in shock and worry for the two kids I've considered my niece and nephew. " can you bring me to them , in case of an emergency I am their legal guardian." " yes of course we have them in a private room with a social worker " the doctor leads us into the children are in, when we walk in they are huddled together on the bed away from the social worker and nurses . Upon seeing me they instantly perk up and start reaching for me.

           Rafael is three and half years old , he smart sweet and funny . He also takes his job as big brother very seriously. Marisol is six months old , she's a very sweet and quiet baby . Her favorite person in the world is Rafa. The two are inseparable, Rafa and Sol are two of the cutest kids I have ever met .

     " Rafa , Sol hola my babies are you ok " sol nods her head in a very cute way before her brother responds to my question. " I got a blue cast Tia Noa" " I see is so cute " "Tia ? Where's mamá and papá " shit I was hoping he wouldn't ask so soon but I refuse to lie to him . " Rafa do you remember what happened to Timo ? " Timo was one of Abriels best friends in the mafia a few months ago he was killed , Rafa and him were very close  .

     " sí Timo is with the angels in heaven " " sí , I'm very sorry Rafa but Mamá is with Timo and the angels . It is very important you remember that Mamá will always watch over you and love you from heaven ." Rafa crawls into my lap and cries, his sister fell asleep sometime during my explanation. I spend the next hour holding Rafa as he cries and asks questions occasionally about his Mamá.

        I also had to explain that his papà has a very bad owie on his head and that he might go join Timo and Mamá with the angels in heaven. It took a while for him to understand but eventually he was able to process everything I told him . Now where siting together and waiting to hear from the doctor about Abriel .

       I informed oldie that it would be unlikely for me to return to the villa tonight as I'm handling a matter for my mafia . He understood I didn't want to give more information but made me tell him I had my security team with me . I also told Luka , but I told him everything about what's going on .

          He offered to come by the hospital to offer support to me but the last thing the kids need is another stranger around them right now . I'm very thankful to have the partner I do . Lu has been so supportive during this time with everything going on . I just love him so much I know I say it all the time but I really can't wait to marry him .

         It's been about two and a half hours , eventually Rafa joined Sol in her nap . After they both woke up I was able to get some food in their systems. Since then we have been watching the movie Coco , It's Rafa's favorite . It's a half hour past the window the doctor told us about , I'm waiting for the doctor to conduct an evaluation and come and inform me .

      While the kids were napping I read through Abriels file to understand what requests he had for a time like this . I know it will be hard for me to make this choice but I have to respect what Abriel would've wanted . An hour ago we were also finally able to get in touch with the nanny for the kids , she's a live in nanny who has worked for the mafia for many years .

        Her name is Nuria Navarro , she's in her early sixties but in great shape and has a lot of energy to keep up with young kids . Nuria was married young to a member of my grandfathers inner circle he was a bit older than her . Shortly after they were married they discovered Nuria could not have children .

      Nuria's husband never treated her differently, he loved her until the day he died . He was killed protecting my grandfather a few years into his marriage to Nuria . My grandfather  looked after Nuria until his death as a thank you to her husband that gave his live to save my grandfathers .

      My grandfather helped Nuria get her first job as a nanny to a capos family , she eventually went on to nanny for many different families in our mafia including for my uncle and his children . I eventually introduced Nuria to Abriel and Leya shortly after Rafas birth . Leya worked as a teacher at the school I own and is solely attended by my mafias children.

        The reason Edgar and I couldn't get a hold of Nuria is because she had taken the day off to get a small operation done at the dentist this afternoon. When I informed her of what happened she broke down in tears . I told her to just head to Abriels home and recuperate from her operation.

       Just as I was coming out of my thoughts the doctor poked his head into the room . I quickly but quietly get up from my chair and head out to the hallway to speak with the doctor . " so doctor what's your opinion?"
" I'm very sorry but there's been absolutely no activity in his brain , I have officially declared him brain dead ." Fuck I can't believe everything that's happened today I was hoping for some kind of miracle here.

      " ok Abriel would have wanted the plug to be pulled so can you get me the forms to end life support, also I need sometime to tell his son he may want an opportunity to say goodbye." The doctor nods " of course again I'm so sorry for your loss. " I nod and he walks off to get the forms. I walk back into the room and see Rafa is already waiting for me to tell him what the doctor said .

        The next hour goes by with me explaining to Rafa what the doctor said and making sure he understands . He's been very brave today and handling everything better than I imagined, he also told me he would like to say goodbye . I also filled out all the forms needed to end life support.

       Rafa and I are currently in Abriels room in the icu , I explained to him that his papá had a lot of tubes and wires all over him and that it was ok to be scared . I place Rafa onto Abriels chest , Rafa just lays his head over his heart . I can hear him whispering to his papá in Spanish . I'm trying not to eavesdrop but I overheard a few things .

        Rafa was telling Abriel that he promises to watch over his baby sister and to love him and Mamá forever . I may have shed a few tears . Being in a hospital like this brings back bad memories for me . My dad in his last few days slipped into a comma and I had to make the decision to pull the plug . I remember laying my head on his chest and saying goodbye for the final time .

       Fuck I need to hold it together the last thing Rafa needs is an adult who's a crying mess. Eventually Rafa has completed his goodbyes , I send him back to the room with Edgar and his sister . The doctor and the nurses come in and begin the process of ending live support. Within twenty minutes Abriel is gone .

       Stepping out of the room the doctor tells me he's ready to discharge the kids , so I fill out the paperwork required and then head back to the room to inform the kids . Edgar and I quickly load the kids into my vehicle and head towards Abriels house . I'll be staying the night there with the kids , there's so much to be done and decided in a short time .

            It's now late at night and the kids are both asleep after I was able to get them to eat dinner and I followed their nighttime routine , thankfully leya had it written out and laminated on the fridge incase anyone who didn't know the schedule was watching the kids .

        A lot had happened in the past few hours , I promoted Edgar to capo and he left to inform the rest of his men about what has occurred and what the next steps will be . I also contacted the organization run by the  wives and family members of our mafia that plan and organize funerals. Our mafia had its own private cemetery and funeral home .

        I have also managed to find Abriel's complete will . It states that I have guardianship of the kids permanently or until I find a permanent placement for them . I have an idea in my head for who I want the kids to end up with but if they're not up to it I'll talk to Luka about taking on the kids . I mean I really never imagined having kids at this age , let alone two but I want what's best for them.

         It's currently the next afternoon, Nuria and I took care of the kids all morning and was helping Rafa through his grief which has been hard , we finally managed to get them down for a nap . I also received a call from the organization planning the funeral asking for an outfit for both leya and Abriel to wear . I picked out a simple but pretty black dress for leya and a nice suit for Abriel and the people picked it up a few minutes ago .

       I also called the people I want to take the kids in and asked them to meet me here at the house , I haven't told them why were meeting I thought it was best we do that in person . Rafa this morning even asked me if they were going to be living somewhere new with a second pair of parents , he told me all about his friend Paco who's parents went to heaven and he got a second family who loved him very much .

       I told him the truth that I had a couple in mind but if it wasn't meant to be they would come live with me and Luka . I was able to speak in depth with Luka about this topic last night before I went to sleep. He agreed with me that we probably weren't ready for two kids but what parents ever are. Just as I was thinking about our conversation last night I hear a knock at the door .

        I open the door and see the couple I was waiting for my brother Lorenzo and his fiancé Andreas . The two are currently in the process of adopting and so far haven't had much luck so hopefully they will want to take on the kids. I just hope the fact that there's two of them isn't to much for them .

      I lead them both over to the living room where Nuria was folding laundry and watching a telenovela . I introduced her to my brother and Andreas before we all sit down together.  " so Noa what's going on you were oddly cagey on the phone when you asked us to meet you here." My brother Enzo asks . I begin to explain everything that happened yesterday but I left out why I called them .

     " wow I'm so sorry for your loss Noa I feel so bad for those kids , who's going to take them in now " Andreas asks and I sheepishly look up at both of them " well I was hoping that you both would be open to adopting them " they quickly look at each other seemingly communicating with their eyes after a few moments Lorenzo is the one to reply to me .

       " we would love to , what's their names how old are they ,what are they like , what......." I interrupt Enzo's rambling and begin telling them all about Rafael and Marisol . The whole time I'm speaking lorenzo and Andreas are smiling and so happy to have the opportunity to be parents .

        A half hour later we're discussing logistics
" so I was thinking it's best to get the kids into a new environment with you both so you can bond and they can start healing at least until it's safe to head back to New York . On the villas grounds is a guest house my great grandparents lived in until they past away a year after I met them . It's a cute comfortable house
For the kids and you both and Nuria . It's four bedrooms and had a nice yard for the kids to play in . "

       " oh that sounds great how soon can we move into it ?" Andreas asks " We'll after you agreed to adopt the kids I had some of my men move your stuff into the house , they are also stocking the house with food and toiletries. After the kids wake up they'll come over and pack up the kids rooms, the  play room Nuria's room and anything else they need and move it over to the house.

          Everything else will be put into storage and I'll assign a caretaker to care for the house until the kids are older and decide what they want to do with it " " ok sounds good" Enzo says just as the baby monitor goes off . I head up stairs to grab the baby and wake up Rafa . We decided I would talk to the kids upstairs then bring them down to meet Lorenzo and Andreas .

          After a long conversation with Rafa he's both comfortable, excited and also a little sad to meet my brother and future brother in law . Rafa understands that they will be adopting him and his sister he also understands they'll be moving . He's glad that I'll be close by but he's sad and misses his mamá and papá, which is understandable. It's a lot of change in a small time but I truly believe the faster we get them into the guest house and finding there new normal the faster he will cope .

      I know it will take months or even more for Rafa to come to terms with his parents death and having a second set of parents but Lorenzo and Andreas are ready to help and be patient with him . As we were talking in the guest bedroom my men arrived and started moving everything. Rafa and I walk downstairs with Sol in my arms .

       " Rafa , Sol this is my brother Lorenzo and his fiancé Andreas " " hello Rafael you are so cute and look at this pretty baby girl hi Marisol , I'm am glad you are ok with coming to live with us but I want you to know we will never try to replace your mamá and papá, we hope that one day you see us as parents but we will be very patient. " Rafa nods at Lorenzo after he finished speaking.

        Sol who's still in my arms reaches her arms out in Andreas direction, I instantly place her in his arms .
" do you want to see my swings ?" Rafa asks Lorenzo . Enzo smiles at him and holds out his hand . Rafa quickly grabs his hand and drags him outside to his swing set with Andreas and Sol following . I inform my men that they will also be taking the swing set and jungle gym with them to the guest house.

        It's been a few hours since I introduced the kids to Lorenzo and Andreas , the kids quickly became comfortable with them and Rafa gave them both nicknames for now . We arrived at the guest house a half hour ago , the kids were excited to see all there toys and beds here at the guesthouse . My men are currently installing they swing set and jungle gym .

      Nuria is making the kids dinner and helping Andreas and Lorenzo learn the kids routines . I decided to join them for dinner before heading back to the villa. I know everyone is curious about where I went and now where Lorenzo and Andreas are but we decided it was best that the kids had at least a week to get comfortable. I mean we still have the funeral which will be hard .

        So we will be telling everyone that Lorenzo and Andreas are on a staycation at the guest house and not to be disturbed. In a week we'll introduce everyone to the kids and explain what happened. I'm glad that even in all this tragedy some good can come out of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.9K 46
Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out with a few burns or be flung into it and ge...
23K 614 18
Isabella Rose Ivy Valencia-Moretti, the only girl born in Italian Mafia family after so many generations. Not only she is the princess of Italian Maf...
195K 5.7K 62
𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 #𝟷 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝟏 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 �...