Fight or 'Flight'?

By cup1dgacha

Ever since Drew and Jake ended their friendship, past feelings they thought they had buried start to come up... More

[PROLOGUE]
Familiar Faces
The Realization
"The Fourth Member..."
Bad news
The Battle of The Bands!
The Battle of the Bands! pt2
Accidental Confession..?
Love Problems...
Friends with Benifits..?
Blackmail & Heartbreak...

"Fight or Flight."

624 21 278
By cup1dgacha

DISCLAIMER: The writing on this is shitty.

On Monday
Jake's POV.
_____

I laid on my bed, my room completely dark.

I had been in my head for the rest of the weekend, and I didn't even want to leave my room-

So much to the point that...I called in sick at school.

I know, I know, that's not a good thing...But it's not the first time?

Drew's the smart one, not me!

Speaking of Drew...

I just couldn't believe he would leave me like that...

All because of his reputation?

Did his reputation matter that much more than me..? The person he'd known since freshman year?

I had so many question running through my mind.

I'd this how he felt when I chose the club over him?

Should I have waited for him?

Was I too hard on him?

But most of all...

Was there actually another reason he didn't want to tell me..?

I shook away the thought.

Why would he even lie?

Unless it was that bad...

I sighed and grabbed my phone for the first time after me and Drew's fight.

I powered it on and watched as all the notifications flooded in.

I went to my messages, just in case I missed a text from Drew.

I saw a notification beside our chat, but when I clicked it...Nothing was there.

"He must've deleted it..." I murmured.

I went to my other texts, and saw that Hailey had texted me 126 times.

I sighed, realizing I forgot about rehearsals.

I clicked me and Haileys chat, and immediately looked at her latest message.

It read...

"I'm coming over now."

And that was...20 minutes ago?!

I quickly sat up and started typing a message to tell her not to come.

But...Suddenly I heard a knock on my door.

"Heyy! Unlock the door! Mom said you can't do that anymore!" I heard Milo shout.

"Go away Milo, I'm busy!" I shouted back.

"Too bad! Your girlfriend is here!"

"Girlfriend..?" I murmured.

Then it clicked.

"Hailey...Tell her to leave, I'm busy!"

Then, somehow the door opened.

"Busy with what? Rotting in your room?" A female voice asked.

I looked up from my phone and saw Hailey standing there, a bobby pin in her hand.

Shit..

Milo stared up at her.

"How do you know how to open a door with a bobby pin..Creep alert!"

Hailey just ignored him.

Milo rolled his eyes and walked off, grumbling.

She closed the door and sat at the end of my bed.

"Jake. We need to talk."

"No, no...We reeeeeally don't need to! I'm fine, I was just sick today so I-"

She cut me off.

"We both know you're not fine. Seeing Drew a few days ago with Zoey must've really hurt you..." She started.

My eyes widened.

What does she mean hurt me...Does she know about me and Drew?!

"He must be doing it to get back at you after your friendship ended a few weeks ago..Afterall, you told him that Zoey was cheating like the good friend you are."

I raised a brow.

What is she talking about...I told him she was cheating out of spite, because I'm a bad person..

"Don't be hard on yourself, Jake. Ending your friendship was a good thing...He wasn't good for you. Me and the club are your real family. As much as you may not want to hear it, Drew is a bad person...You're better off without him-"

"Stop. That's not why I was-Nevermind. That's in the past now, and we've- I mean, I've moved on from that. I just...Really have been sick."

She didn't say anything.

"I'll be back at school tomorrow, I promise. Then we can get back to rehearsals! Prom is only in a few weeks now, right?"

She smiled and nodded.

"Okay...But if you need anything, just contact me, okay?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed.

She stood up and sighed.

"Well...I'll get going now. See you tomorrow?"

"Yup!.."

And with that, she left.

I can do this...Just, avoid Drew.. No biggie...

. . .

The Next Day...
Jake's POV.

_____

I walked into school the next morning, feeling a lot better than before.

I had decided the previous night to focus on my singing!

Prom was coming up, and it was my chance to forget all about this Drew mess.

Maybe it was a sign that we wouldn't have worked out anyway.

I made my way to the music room, and as soon as I opened the door, immediately everyone started to stare at me.

"Look who decided to show up." Zander said, crossing his arms.

Luke chuckled.

"Welcome back, Jake!" Hailey exclaimed.

I laughed awkwardly.

"Aha, yeaaah thanks!"

"Dude, where were you yesterday?! You missed my totally awesome shredding skills!" Milly shouted.

Sean laughed.

"That was shredding?" He teased.

"Hey! Don't miss my skills yo!"

I smiled.

Everything's back to normal now...

"Alright, now that you're back Jake...I have something to run by you." Hailey said, walking up to me with her notebook.

I nodded.

"Of course!"

She smiled and opened the book, leaning closer so I could see the pages.

"So yesterday, me and the others were working hard on the song...And I feel like I've gotten most of it done!" She exclaimed.

"But, I have to still check with you to see if it's okay on both of our parts."

I hesitated before backing away slightly and glancing at the others.

They didn't seem to be paying attention.

"Can I talk to you outside for a moment?"

Her expression turned serious.

"Yeah, no problem." She agreed, placing her notebook on the table.

Both of us silently left the room.

"What is it?" She asked.

I sighed.

"Well, uhm...I know this is a lot to ask...But is it okay for...Me to write the song?"

Her eyes widened slightly.

"Not that, you know.. Your music is bad! It's amazing! I just have a really specific idea for this...But if you don't like the idea it's totally fine I just-"

"Jake! It's okay, I was just surprised. Of course you can write it. Just make sure to let me know when it's done, okay?" She said smiling.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, Hailey... I promise I'll check in with you! I'll actually start writing it now! I'll talk to you later!" I exclaimed turning around and running off.

"Oh- See ya?" She murmured.

I smiled to myself as I ran down the hall, looking for an empty classroom.

This was my chance...

This was my redemption arc!

Music is my language...

Now that I was writing the song? I'd be distracted.

And...I had a chance to put my feelings into the song...

. . .

Meanwhile...
Drew's POV.
_____

I groaned, trying my best to brainstorm lyric ideas.

I leaned back on the couch in Max's garage, spinning my pencil.

"You alright over there, man?" Brennan asked.

I glanced at him and nodded.

"Never felt better.." I murmured sarcastically.

You see, me and the Band were gonna perform a song for prom at my school...

I didn't want to at first, but Max insisted we do it so more people could hear us...

Usually I'd be against it, but I was willing to do a music competition last time to impress Jake, so why not?

Plus, I knew him and the club were performing, and it would be my chance to talk to him...

Though I probably would have had plenty chances to talk to him, but I skipped school to avoid him..

It was an awkward situation? What was I supposed to do?

"Is something up? Usually you're amazing at writing songs." Kade asked, glancing at me.

I hesitated.

They weren't lying...

After all, I am sorta the song writer of the group?

"It's nothing." I lied.

Brennan raised a brow.

"It's the blonde guy, innit?" He asked.

"It totally is! I noticed how you two were acting at The Battle of the Bands! You had something going on!" Max chimed in.

I blushed slightly, but it was unnoticeable.

"No, you idiot. Just..Ex-friends."

Technically, not a lie.

He said at The Battle of the Bands...Back then? That is all we ever were.

"I see...So how'd you two break up?" Kade asked

"I walked away." I said simply, not paying attention.

"Aha! So you did have a thing! If you didn't, how could you 'break up'?" Kade exclaimed.

I looked up at them, realizing I fell into their trap.

"Not what I meant by break up."

All of them glanced at each other.

"Okay...So you like him?" Brennan asked.

I facepalmed myself.

Yes, but it's not like I'd say it...

"No. I'm not gay."

Obviously a lie.

Max laughed hysterically.

"You?! Straight?! That's comical!"

I blushed slightly from embarrassment.

It's that noticeable?!

"OK OK, HERE'S THE THE TEST....Do ya think Zendayas hot?" Brennan asked.

I raised a brow.

"...No. She's not my type."

Brennan chuckled.

"No straight guy could resist Zendaya. You're gay dude."

I rolled my eyes.

"Can we talk about something else?"

They all laughed.

"Alright, alright...How about this, why are you skipping school?" Brennan asked.

"OH yeah! You're like, totally a nerd..You never skip?!" Max exclaimed.

I groaned.

"I just felt like it, stop interrogating me...Now shut up, I'm trying to write a song here."

Brennan and Max exchanged glances.

"How much have you gotten done so far?" Kade asked.

I sighed and looked down at the completely blank page.

"Absolutely nothing." I admitted.

All of their jaws dropped.

"Dude what?! Something's definitely up...You always finish songs super quickly?!" Max exclaimed.

"I'd have to agree with him, Drew...Somethings definitely wrong." Kade added.

"I've been saying this since The Battle of the Bands...Spit it out man, what's up?" Brennan asked.

I ran a hand through my hair, thinking of an excuse.

It's not like I could tell them the truth?

The reason I'm like this is because of what happened between me and Jake.

"Nothings up, I just...Don't know what to write."

Kade sighed.

"We know you're lying, but if you're not comfortable with telling us that's completely fine. If you need help writing, we're all here. Just remember...Music is your getaway. Put your feelings into a song, like you usually do. You got this. Writing songs? Singing? Playing an instrument? It's all connected to feelings. Don't just put words on paper- Put your feelings on paper. Don't let whatever is on your mind ruin what you love. Remember the feeling you get when you're on stage, singing a song you wrote."

I stared at the page, taking in Kades words.

They were right...

Music is what I love.

And it was gonna be my getaway.

"Thanks Kade..."

Kade smiled.

"No problem."

I picked up my pencil and started writing.

I was back to normal.

Well...

For the most part.

. . .

1 Week Later...
Jake's POV.
______

I walked into school feeling great.

I know...That sounds so weird.

Usually the word, 'school' and 'great' don't even go in the same sentence...

But it does this time!

I made my way to the music room with a smile spread across my face.

I had just finished the song, the night before.

And it wasn't a regular song...

I remember Hailey telling me once that when it comes to song writing, you have to put your heart and soul into it.

I put my feelings into the song.

And by feelings, I mean...

My feelings for Drew.

"I finished it!" I exclaimed as I opened the club door.

Everyone turned to face me.

"Finished what?" Zander asked.

Hailey chuckled nervously.

"You see Jake...I kind of...Didn't tell anyone."

"Oh-" I murmured.

"Everyone! I have an announcement to make!" Hailey exclaimed.

Zander and Luke glanced at each other before standing up and joining everyone else.

"What is it?" Zander asked.

"Yeah, what is it! I hate surprises.." Milly grumbled.

Sean chuckled.

"Well...As you know, we still don't have a song for prom yet..." Hailey began

Zander raised a brow.

"I thought you said you were almost done with it a week ago?"

"Uhm..Yeah! Well...I was- But Jake told me that he'd like to be the one to write it. I think it's a good Idea!"

Zander glanced at me.

"We're doomed..."

"Hey! Don't decide that just yet...I finished the song already, and I think its pretty good!"

They all exchanged glances.

"Alright...Let's see it." Zander said.

I nodded and pulled my backpack off my shoulder.

I grabbed my notebook and placed it on the table.

"Okay so...I matched it to the beat Sean already made, and I kept the same atmosphere as the song Hailey made. That way there's no extra work!" I explained.

"That was...Actually a smart thing to do.." Hailey muttered.

I smirked.

"I know it was."

Hailey rolled her eyes.

I opened the book and handed it to Her.

She glanced at me, then at everyone else before they started silently reading the lyrics.

I sat down as they read it, tapping my foot nervously.

I really wanted them to like it..

I had hoped that if I sung this at the prom...Drew would hear it..

Afterall, it was about him.

A few minutes later, Hailey handed me back the notebook.

I gulped as I took it.

"So..?" I asked.

Hailey smiled.

"It's amazing Jake. I didn't know you could write like that! I think...If everyone else is okay with it, we should perform your song."

I jumped up and turned to everyone else.

"Would that be okay with you guys..?" I asked.

They glanced at each other.

"Of course! I gotta hand it to you, it really is an amazing song." Sean exclaimed.

"Yeah! It's like a love song mixed with heartbreak...It practically describes high-school relationships!" Milly added.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"I suppose...It is pretty good...Though I do wonder...Who's this about?" Zander asked.

I blushed slightly.

"Huh? What? No! It's not about anyone! It's just...Just lyrics!" I exclaimed quickly.

Zander glanced at Luke.

"Alright...Whatever you say~"

Something about the way he said that...It was suspicious.

I shrugged it off, happy about the fact that we were singing my song.

Maybe this way I could...Get through to Drew...

Prom was only 2 weeks from now.

And I knew Drew would be there..

Afterall, he was being blackmailed by Zoey.

And she...

Definitely wouldn't miss prom.

_____

For the remaining 2 weeks, me and the club practiced like crazy.

Before and after classes, between classes, and even after school!

We would either go to Zander and Haileys house... Or we'd rent a studio.

Whenever we had free time? We'd practice.

I saw Drew a few times at school...But we never interacted.

He wouldn't even look at me.

Either he'd rush out of class once the bell rung...Or he'd avoid me in the halls.

One time, I saw him outside when me and the club were heading to Hailey and Zanders house...

But he wasn't alone.

He was with Max, Kade, and Brennan.

I wondered what was up, but it's not like I could ask him..

It seemed as if a lot changed since we ended it...

Even Henry and Liam were dating now?!

It's not like I didn't see that coming...

But still...

I missed our friendship.

But I made sure not to let it show..

I busied myself with the club and practicing the song.

Before I knew it, prom came around...

I hadn't expected 2 weeks to fly by so fast..

But it did.

And I never could have expected what happened that day...

. . .

Friday, prom Day
Drew's POV.
_____

I woke up on prom day, completing dreading it.

Sure, It was a bit exciting to perform again...BUT AT MY SCHOOL?!

Yes, I was going to do this for the Band competition...But I didn't.

Though that was only because Jake chose the club...

Whatever.

Point is, I was dreadng it.

Zoey had already left me 1367 messages.

How did she manage to text me that much?

I don't fucking know.

She was so determined to make my life hell now that she knew about me and Jake...

I was practically her lap dog.

I muted me and Zoeys chat, and got out of bed.

I was able to glance at some of the notifications she left me, and all she wanted was to make sure I was at prom on time, and I wore what she wanted.

Was I gonna do any if that?

Absolutely not.

I had my own plans...

School was canceled since prom was that day, and me and the Band planned to meet at around 4, so we could make sure everything was in place.

I looked at my clock, and saw that it was 12PM.

What? I wake up late...

I made my way to my bathroom, and took a quick shower.

Once I was finished, I fixed my curly hair, and got changed.

I put on some oversized jeans, a dark gray button up, and a dark blue jacket.

No, I wasn't dressing up...For who? Zoey?

That's laughable.

I grabbed my phone go check the time.

2:32PM.

I had less than 2 hours before me and the Band met up at Max's house.

I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs.

I saw my mom in the kitchen, cooking something on the stove.

"Oh, Andrew! Just in time. I know you wake up late usually, so I made you something to eat before your prom!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks but no thanks, I'm in a r-"

"Rush? Get over here and eat this muffin. If you don't eat now you'll wait till 12AM." She said, placing her hand on her hip.

I groaned and walked over.

"Finee..." I murmured, grabbing a muffin.

"Good. Now, have fun! Don't be out super late, your father will be home later and you know how he is."

I glanced at her.

"I don't know how he is. He's never around for me to know."

She sighed.

"Andrew I-"

"Don't worry about it mom. I know what you mean. I won't be out late." I said, shoving the muffin in my mouth.

She smiled slightly as a rushed out the door.

"Bye ma, love you I guess!" I shouted, my mouth full.

I closed the door before she could respond.

I know what you're thinking...I'm an asshole. But honestly? In my eyes, my mom is no better than my dad.

Sure, she's not as strict and she acts all loving, but...She's never around either.

Not to mention the fact that she married my asshole of a dad anyway...

What happens when a secretly nice and loving mother has a baby with a narcissistic asshole? They create a kid who hides their emotions, and uses narcissistic behavior to hide how they really feel. Aka? Me.

I finished the muffin as I got into my car, and I texted the Band to let them know I was on my way to pick them up from Max's house.

As always...I was the only one with an actual license.

_____

About 30 minutes later, I pulled up in Max's driveway and they all came outside and got in my car.

Max was annoying as ever, and brought chips, even thought he knows I don't like it...

He always manages to find a way to get crumbs all over the backseat.

That aside, I ignored his antics and immediately started driving to school.

Traffic was terrible and we only arrived at my school after an hour.

Once we finally made it, I parked the car and we all got out.

I told them to meet me backstage while I went to my locker to get something really quickly.

And yes...There's a backstage...After all, prom was being held in the auditorium. Don't worry though, the teachers cleared it out.

Max complained because he didn't want to search for the auditorium, do I hesitantly went and showed them where it was.

Once I did, I went to my locker.

What I needed from my locker you ask? Absolutely nothing.

I just needed a break.

I really wasn't looking forward to seeing Jake....

But what do you know? I saw him anyway.

I leaned against my locker, scrolling on my phone, when a very annoying and familiar voice called my name.

"Drew! Why haven't you been answering my messages!?!"

Zoey...

I tucked my phone in my pocket and glanced up at her.

"You texted me? I didn't notice." I said sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes.

"Have you forgotten what I have on you? Or do you need a reminder?" Shd asked, reaching for her phone.

I sighed.

"It's kinda hard to forget...Anyways. You don't have to be so angry. I'm here, aren't I?"

She glared at me.

"I told you to wear something formal...And pink to match my dress!"

"I refuse to wear the color pink. And just because you have something on me, It doesn't mean you have to act like I'm your slave. You have my card info. That's enough."

She thought for a moment.

"Fine...You're taking me shopping tomorrow. To sephora."

I shrugged.

"Whatever."

I pushed myself off my locker, and turned to leave, but that's when I realized it.

Zander and Jake were standing right across the hall.

Fuck.

I stared at Jake, not being able to look away.

I had been avoiding him for what felt like forever, and there he was.

I blinked and glanced away.

"I'm leaving.." I murmured, quickly walking away.

Zoey didn't say anything.

Well, more like I rushed off too quickly for her to say anything...

I went to the auditorium, and was surprised to see how full it was already.

It was only 5PM, yet a bunch of people were there...

I went backstage and met back up with Max and the others.

"Hey man! Your school is like...Totally cool!" Max exclaimed.

I shrugged.

"Your school prom was cooler."

"Nahh, yours-" Max started, but he paused suddenly.

I raised a brow and turned to see what the three of them were looking at.

It was...

The rest of the club.

Could my luck be any worse...

The answer was yes.

Jake and Zander suddenly showed up and join the others.

I groaned.

"Fuck my life..." I murmured.

Brennan looked at me.

"You definitely had something going on." he whispered.

I slightly blushed.

"And you definitely should shut the hell up." I said sarcastically.

He laughed.

"Alright fine, how about we go ask him!" He suggested.

My heart dropped.

"What the hell? No!"

The three of them exchanged glances.

"You're such a bad liar..." Kade murmured.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"If you guys keep talking about this, I'll ditch you again."

Max's jaw dropped.

"Fine fine..."

"Good, now where'd you put my guitar?" I asked.

"Right here!" Kade exclaimed, lifting my guitar bag and handing it to me.

I took it from him.

"Thanks."

"No prob."

I kneeled down and opened the bag, before pulling my guitar out.

"Woah, is that Drew..?" I heard someone whisper.

I rolled my eyes.

Do people not know how to whisper?

I glanced at them.

It was just a random classmate.

"Looks like someone's popular." Brennan murmured.

"No, really?" I asked sarcastically, standing up with my guitar.

Max laughed.

"You weren't kidding when you said you were secretive about singing..."

I shook my head.

"Nope."

"Did Jake know?" Max asked.

I squinted at him.

Was he always stupid...

"Oh, yeah. He just started an argument over how I hid it from him for no reason. No shit he didn't know."

"Okay, grumpy! Jeez.." Max murmured.

I sighed.

"Sorry...I guess. Don't let that go to your head."

Max laughed but didn't say anything.

For the next 30 minutes, we talked about random things, and of course we ignored all the people whispering about me...

After a while, a teacher finally came in.

"Okay everyone! The dance floor is full, and they're looking for some better music! You all ready?"

I yawned out of boredom.

"The first band we chose is...The...Meowsfits! Oh, that's so cute!" The teacher exclaimed.

I facepalmed myself.

"That's us! You ready guys?" Max asked.

We all nodded.

"Yeah. I'm ready to get this over with." I murmured.

The teacher smiled as we walked up to her.

"Alright...For the drum player, the drums are right on stage waiting for you! Now get out there and uhm...Rock it! Is that was teenagers say these days...I don't know.."

I held in my laugh as we went on stage.

Teachers were so corny...

Me and the Band went on stage and immediately, everyone cheered.

I would too if I were them...

The teachers were playing classical music.

I connected my guitar to the aux, and nodded at the others to let them know I was ready.

They all smirked, and then Brennan tapped his drumsticks together, and the music played...

_____

SONG: THE GREATEST SHOW (PANIC AT THE DISCO)

PLAY SONG WHILE READING FOR BEST EXPERIENCE.

_____

We all glanced at each other, before singing together with perfect harmony.

♫"Whoa, Oh oh oh oh~"♫

♫"Ladies and gents, this is the moment you've waited for..."♫

I smirked as I started to sing.

♫"Whoa, Oh oh oh oh~"♫

♫"You been searching in the dark, your sweat soakin' through the floor..."♫

♫"Whoa, Oh oh oh oh~"♫

♫"And buried in your bones there's an ache that you can't ignore..."♫

♫"Takin' your breath, stealing your mind..."♫

♫"And all that was real is left behind~!"♫

I started to feel more and more at ease.

♫"Don't fight it, it's coming for you, runnin' at ya"♫

♫"It's only this moment, don't care what comes after"♫

♫"Your fever dream, can't you see it gettin' closer?"♫

♫"Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling takin' over..!"♫

♫"It's fire, it's freedom, it's floodin' open!"♫

♫"It's the preacher in the pulpit and your blind devotion!"♫

♫"There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding.."♫

♫"All that you know~"♫

♫"So tell me, do you wanna go..."♫

♫"Where it's covered in all the colored lights!!"♫

♫"Where the runaways are runnin' the night!"♫

♫"Impossible comes true, it's takin' over you!"♫

♫"Oh! this is the greatest show!!"♫

I had practically forgotten where I was, focusing only on the music.

♫"We light it up, we won't come down!"♫

♫"And the sun can't stop us now!"♫

♫"Watching it come true, it's takin' over you!"♫

♫"Oh! this is the greatest show!"♫

♫"Whoa, Oh oh oh oh~"♫

♫"Colossal we come these renegades in the ring..."♫

I closed my eyes, letting the music and my emotion take over.

♫"Whoa, Oh oh oh oh~"♫

♫"Where the lost get found and
we crown 'em the circus kings.."♫

For some reason I started to feel...Angry?

♫"Don't fight it, it's coming for you, runnin' at ya..!"♫

♫"It's only this moment, don't care what comes after..!"♫

♫"It's blindin', outshining anything that you know..!"♫

♫"Just surrender 'cause you're comin' and you wanna go!"♫

Or maybe...It was happiness..?

♫"Where it's covered in all the colored lights!"♫

♫"Where the runaways are runnin' the night!"♫

♫"Impossible comes true, intoxicatin' you!"♫

Or maybe both.

♫"Oh! this is the greatest show!!"♫

♫"We light it up, we won't come down!"♫

♫"And the sun can't stop us now!"♫

♫"Watchin' it come true, it's takin' over you!"♫

♫"Oh! this is the greatest show!"♫

But I can say...As the others joined in and sung along with me, I felt less angry.

♫"Where it's covered in all the colored lights..."♫

♫"Where the runaways are runnin' the night..."♫

♫"Impossible comes true, it's taking over you.."♫

♫"Oh! this is the greatest show.."♫

♫"We light it up, we won't come down!!"♫

I forgot about everything but the music as I went on.

♫"And the walls can't stop us now!"♫

♫"Watchin' it come true, it's takin' over you!"♫

♫"Oh! This is the greatest show!"♫

♫"Oh! This is the greatest show!!"♫

I took a deep breath once we finished, finally remembering where I was again.

I glanced at the crowd, and realized they were all cheering and clapping.

Some of them were even still dancing.

Dancing to what? I don't know, being that the music had already stopped...

A bunch of the students were yelling and cheering about me and the Band, but mainly about me...

I mean, I don't mean to toot my own horn...But I was pretty popular...

"Holy shit, since when could he sing?!" Someone shouted

"No wonder he bullied the club, he's way better!!" Someone else added

"That was awesome!" Someone cheered.

"I know right! I want more!" Their friend added.

And then there was...

"What the fuck, Drew?!"

Which was clearly, Zoey.

The Band were laughing and giggling, enjoying their little fan club...

Though it was all thanks to me...

Okay, maybe I do mean to toot my own horn.

"Alright, alright, come on idiots." I murmured, turning around and leanding them backstage again.

A lot of people had yelled for us not to leave and to perform again, but I ignored them.

"That was awesome! I wanna do this again!" Max exclaimed.

"Too bad." I said teasingly.

Kade laughed.

"You gotta admit it was pretty cool and freeing..."

I glanced at them and sighed.

"Okay maybe it w—" I started.

But I was cut off once we got backstage.

"DUDE THAT WAS AWESOME!" Someone shouted at me.

I raised a brow.

It was the same person who was whispering about me earlier.

"Cool... Thanks?" I murmured, turning to avoid them.

"Still as cold as ever...But really! Now I know why you picked on that freak club,. Their music is so childish..."

I stopped and turned to face them.

"Not as childish as you..Now buzz off, I'm busy." I snapped.

Their expression changed to scared and they nodded and backed away.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to face the others.

"What was that about?" Max asked.

I shrugged.

"No clue." I lied.

You see...I hadn't exactly told the Band I was a massive ass at school..

I didn't plan to either.

"What 'freak club' were they talking about?" Kade asked.

I hesitated.

I didn't have to respond though.

I was interrupted before I could...

"Hey, we don't mean to bother, but...We just wanna say that you guys were really great out there." A female voice said behind me.

I turned around to face her, but my heart immediately seemed to stop.

It was...

Hailey.

. . .

10 Minutes Ago...
Jake's POV.
_____

Me and the club watched as Drew and the Band finished their song.

We had been watching the whole time from the TV screen in the room.

It sorta have me flashbacks from The Battle of the Bands...

Drew seemed so happy when he sung...

It made me happy too.

I turned away from the screen as they began to come backstage.

"Hey, Jake...Are you okay?" Hailey asked.

I nodded.

"Of course! It's just...Surprising still."

She sighed.

"I know he's doing this to get back at you...Don't let it get to you."

"I don't mean to take up for that asshat or anything...But I don't think he's doing this to get at Jake.." Milly interrupted.

I know he's not...

"Neither do I. He's too skilled, and it's obvious he enjoys singing.." Sean added.

Hailey sighed.

"Yeah...You guys are probably right..."

We all watched as Drew and the Band walked in, smiles on their faces.

I love Drew's genuine smile.

I saw someone go up to Drew, and I could tell he didn't want to talk to them.

"DUDE THAT WAS AWESOME!" They shouted at him.

He raised a brow.

"Cool... Thanks?" I heard him murmur, turning to avoid them.

"Still as cold as ever...But really! Now I know why you picked on that freak club.. Their music is so childish!" The person said, ignoring Drew's attempt to walk away.

"Not as childish as you..Now buzz off, I'm busy." Drew snapped.

Me and the clubs eyes widened slightly.

"Did he just...Stand up for us?" Milly murmured.

I smiled.

"He really is amazing..." I murmured, not realizing I said it out loud.

Zander glanced at me.

"Not like that! I mean...He was great on stage! They all were!" I exclaimed.

"You should tell him that." Luke suggested.

I blinked.

"W-What?! No! I couldn't do that..."

Hailey chuckled.

"We'll go with you if it makes you feel better."

I thought for a moment.

"Well...I guess we could—"

"Good! Come on!" Milly exclaimed running off.

Hailey groaned and went to catch up with her.

The rest of us followed behind.

"Hey, we don't mean to bother, but...We just wanna say that you guys were really great out there." Hailey said as we walked up.

Drew turned around, his smile immediately fading.

He noticed me and glanced away.

"Thanks guys! We were pretty great!" Max exclaimed, clearly bragging.

Brennan hit him on the head playfully.

"He meant to just say thank you."

Kade laughed.

"We do have to give most of the credit to Drew, as usual."

Drew blushed slightly from embarrassment.

He's so cute when he blushes.

"Well...Thats all we wanted to say..We still have to get ready for our performance."

"Of course! We'll be watching from the crowd. I know it'll be amazing." Kade said with a smile.

Hailey smiled back before we all turned around and walked away.

I glanced back at Drew, and we made eye contact.

Of course, he quickly glanced away again.

I sighed.

A few minutes later, Drew and the others left and began to go to the main room where everyone else was.

I couldn't wait to see him again. Even if just for a little while...

Me and the club talked and listened to a lot of other bands and soloists, while waiting for it to be our turn.

It took about 20 minutes before it was our turn, being that each song was around 3 minutes long.

When the teacher finally came in and announced that it was time for me and the club to go up, I started to feel nervous.

Hailey cheered me up though, and I just hoped that Drew would here the song...

Like I said...It was about him.

Me and the club walked on stage, and everyone cheered.

The music started playing, and all the couples got together to slow dance, once they realized it was a slow song.

I took a deep breath, not being used to singing alone.

But...I was ready.
_____

SONG: DAILY (RIVAL)

PLAY SONG WHILE READING FOR BEST EXPERIENCE.

_____

♫"Remember when love was all that mattered?..~"♫

♫"I do."♫

♫"Remember how I used to make you laugh.. Until it hurt?.."♫

♫"And now those memories feel like thorns on a bush..."♫

All the memories me and Drew had ever shared together seemed to race through my mind in that moment...

♫"A rose I can no longer touch..."♫

♫"You're just another scar placed on my heart..."♫

♫"A sign that we are made to be apart."♫

♫"And even though you might not be the one.."♫

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily."♫

♫"We fought so hard, we drag us down.."♫

♫"And basically watched how we had drowned..."♫

♫"And even though I know you're not the one..."♫

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily."♫

As I said those words...I looked through the crowd searching for Drew, and...

I found him.

Right there in the back of the crowd, he was right there.

Staring right at me...

I stared back at him, letting him know that it was him I was speaking to through lyrics.

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily..."♫

♫"You're just another scar placed on my heart.."♫

♫"A sign that we are made to be apart.."♫

♫"And even though you might not be the one.."♫

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily."♫

♫"I'm broken, but I know I'll get over you..."♫

I stared at Drew, forgetting about everyone else.

♫"I'll try.."♫

♫"To focus on what's in front of me, and not behind."♫

♫"What is life without the one you love the most..?"♫

All there was in that moment was him and I...Nobody else.

I was speaking to him, and I could tell he was receiving it.

♫"Who I am, without you.."♫

♫"You're just another scar placed on my heart.."♫

♫"A sign that we are made to be apart."♫

♫"And even though you might not be the one..."♫

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily."♫

♫"We fought so hard, we drag us down.."♫

♫"And basically watched how we had drowned.."♫

♫"And even though I know you're not the one..."♫

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily."♫

♫"Ooooh~~, ooh-ooh, yeah, yeah~"♫

♫"I'm gonna miss youu~"♫

♫"(Just another...)"♫

♫"(You're just another...)"♫

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily.."♫

♫"You're just another scar placed on my heart."♫

♫"A sign that we are made to be apart."♫

♫"And even though you might not be the one.."♫

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily..."♫

Part of me wondered if...Maybe he was the one...

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily..."♫

Maybe we just had to try again...

♫"I'm gonna miss you daily."♫

As the song finished, I could only think about Drew.

I planned to talk to him.

I planned to fix this.

I planned to...Tell him I love him.

But all of that came crashing down a second later...

The same second where...

Hailey kissed me.

My eyes widened, and I didn't move.

I didn't know what was happening.

By the time I processed it...She had already pulled away.

People on the crowd were cheering once they realized what happened.

But even with all of their jumping and clapping...I saw it.

I saw Drew...

Leaving.

But not just that...

He was...

Crying.

I turned away and started to go after him, but Hailey pulled me back.

"Jake...I like you!"

What?

Hailey liked me?

I didn't know what to think...

What was happening?

Suddenly, Zander came over.

"Club room. Now." He demanded.

Before I knew it...

All of us were in the club room, sitting down at the table.

"What the heck just happened?!" Milly shouted.

I didn't know either.

"I...Ugh this is my fault..." Hailey murmured.

"Jake...What's your response to her confession..?" Luke asked quietly.

I glanced up at him.

Confession?

Oh right...

Hailey had said she liked me.

I couldn't think straight.

I only thought about Drew.

I took a deep breath and stood up from my chair.

"Before I answer...I have something to confess first.."

"Go on?" Zander asked.

I looked down for a moment.

I got this..

But no, I didn't.

"I'M IN LOVE WITH DREW AND WE MADE OUT IN THE LIBRARY!" I exclaimed quickly.

Nobody responded.

I took another deep breath as I slowly made eye contact with the others.

Their expressions were blank.

"You...What...?" Milly murmured.

"Oh...Interesting." Sean muttered.

"Oh god..." Hailey mumbled.

Luke and Zander didn't say anything.

"I understand if you guys hate me now but...I had to be honest.." I murmured.

"No, no! We don't hate you or anything man.. It's just...A lot to process." Sean said.

"Yeah...But hey! It's not surprising. I knew there was a reason you were so pressed about Zoey and Drew kissing at the mall..." Milly added.

"I'm just...Really sorry." Hailey murmured.

I didn't say anything.

"Why the hell are you still here?" Zander asked finally.

"W-What?" I asked.

He sighed.

"I mean, why aren't you going after Drew right now?" He asked.

"I...Uhm...I don't know...I think he's mad at me..." I murmured.

He facepalmed himself.

"You're an idiot...You love him, and he clearly loves you. He's not mad, he's upset. You just publicly kissed Hailey on stage...Who wouldn't be upset? Not to mention you ruined your relationship with him because Zoey kissed him, when clearly he's being blackmailed."

I stared at him.

He doesn't seem surprised...

"Hey...How come you're so chill about this?" Milly asked.

Luke chuckled nervously.

Zander glanced at him and nodded.

"Me and Zander have known about this since it first started..."

My jaw dropped.

"What?! How?!"

"We're like...Friends I guess..." Zander murmured, glancing away.

"FRIENDS?!" All of us shouted at the same time.

Luke laughed.

"Yeah, they're good friends."

"That's an overstatement.." Zander muttered.

"Is it? You guys seem like really good friends to me!" Luke exclaimed.

Zander blushed from embarrassment.

"Whatever. The point is, Jake...You need to go after him. Now."

He was right.

I needed to go after Drew...

I couldn't leave it like this.

"Everyone...I have one last favor to ask of you guys.."

"What is it?" Luke asked.

"Can you guys...Please help me search the school for Drew."

They all smiled.

"Of course!" Most of them exclaimed in unison.

"I guess I could help you out.." Zander murmured.

I smiled.

"Thank you. Now let's go!"

And with that...We all left the club room and split up, searching for Drew.

We were in groups of two, and each group took one floor.

Me and Hailey were paired, and we searched the second floor...

Zander and Luke searched the first floor...

And Milly and Sean searched the 3rd floor and rooftop!

While me and Hailey searched, she apologized for kissing me and about the confession.

I forgave her, and apologized for sorta giving her mixed signals...

After 15 minutes, all of us met back up in the club room.

None of us were able to find him...

He wasn't at school at all.

"Oh god...Where is he..." I murmured, pacing the room.

"Don't worry Jake, we'll find him." Hailey reassured me.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Hailey opened it.

It was Max, Kade, and Brennan.

"Hey! Didn't know you and Hailey were a thing now— Anyways, do you know where Drew is? He totally ditched us!" Max exclaimed.

I sighed.

"We're not a thing...And no, we're looking for him now.."

"Wait, did you say he ditched you guys?" Zander asked.

Brennan nodded.

"Yeah, he just drove off.."

"Jake, think. Do you know anywhere Drew would go outside of school?"

I thought for a long moment.

Home maybe...?

No...He wouldn't want anyone to see him crying...

That eliminates all public places...

Where would he go...?

I sighed.

"I don't k—" I paused.

"The park!" I exclaimed.

"Are you sure?" Zander asked.

I nodded.

"I'm sure of it. It's always where he goes."

"Are we missing something?" Max asked.

Me and the club exchanged glances.

"We'll fill you on later...Right now, I gotta go find Drew!" I exclaimed, running past Max and the others.

I ran down the hall and out the front doors.

My house wasn't far from school, which means the park was even closer.

I didn't stop running, not even for a second.

I didn't even turn to see if the others followed.

Nothing really mattered.

I just had to find Drew...

I ran down the side walk, and after what felt like an eternity...I saw the yellow play house at the park.

I crossed the street, and ran across the rocky park.

I finally stopped, and looked around, searching for Drew.

And then...I saw him.

Right there on the same bench as always.

He had his head down, so he didn't see me.

I walked closer and sat next to him.

"Drew.." I whispered.

He lifted his head and finally met.my gaze.

That's when I saw it.

He was crying.

He quickly wiped his face, but the sad expression on his face remained.

I sighed and leaned closer, wrapping my arms around him.

"I'm sorry I took so long..." I murmured.

He pushed me away.

"Stop. Weren't you about to accept Haileys confession.." He mumbled, glancing away.

I quickly shook my head.

"What?! No!"

"Listen. Hailey kissed me. I don't feel the same way though..I only have feelings for you."

He glanced at me, and then looked away again.

"It doesn't matter...You ended it, remember..?"

"And if was a mistake."

I scooted closer.

"I don't care how long it takes for you to tell anyone. I just wanna be with you. I shouldn't have tried to force you...And I'm sorry."

He finally met my gaze.

His face was slightly red, and his eyes were still watery.

"I...Told my parents tonight..." He murmured.

My eyes widened.

"What? What'd they say...?"

"Well..."

. . .
✨️Flashback ✨️

Drew's POV.
_____

Hailey...Kissed Jake...?

I stared at them.

Jake didn't pull away...

I felt my eyes start to water as I saw them kiss.

Fuck..

I turned away and left the auditorium.

I found myself running down the hallway and outside of the school.

I heard Max, Kade, and Brennan running and calling after me, but I didn't stop.

I made it to the parking lot, and I hurried to my car.

I locked the doors and started the car.

"Dude, what are you doing?!" Max shouted.

"Fuck off!" I yelled, pulling out if the parking space.

I saw them standing there, confused expressions on their face.

I drove off nonetheless.

I couldn't let anyone see me...

I didn't want anyone to see me.

I drove all the way home, not expecting anyone to be there.

As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I saw both my parents cars.

I groaned.

It was too late foe me to leave though...

I wiped my face off and got out of my car.

I hesitantly walked through the front door, immediately seeing my dad and mom at the dinner table.

"You're late, Andrew." My dad said.

I sighed.

"Sorry...Prom, remember..?"

"Sit down and eat." He demanded.

I nodded and sat down in my seat.

My mom didn't say anything.

I picked up my fork, but didn't eat anything.

"Don't play with your food. You're not a kid."

I looked down.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you."

I sighed and put my fork down.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

My dad raised a brow.

"I'll be busy after dinner, so no."

"So let's talk now."

"This is no place for serious conversations." He responded.

I gripped my fists and stood up.

"Fine...I'm not hungry, I'm leaving."

"Get back here, Andrew."

"I'm busy." I said, mimicking him.

He slammed his hand against the table.

"You wanna talk? Let's talk then!"

I stopped and turned to face him.

"What do you want to say thats so important you have to ruin dinner?!" He shouted.

I didn't say anything.

"Exactly. Now sit dow—"

"I'm gay." I blurted out.

He paused.

"What did you just say...?" My dad asked.

I gulped.

"Wait, honey! Don't—" My mom started trying to calm him down.

"That's a joke, right?"

I backed away towards the door.

"Andrew!" He called.

I backed away more.

Before I knew it, I had opened the door and ran out...

I shut it behind me and ran down the street.

I didn't bother getting into my car...I just kept running.

I knew that they wouldn't come after me.

I just needed to get away.

I ran and ran...All the way to the park.

I took a deep breath and sat down.

I lowered my head and...Suddenly I started to cry....

. . .

✨️End of Flashback✨️

Present Time...
Drew's POV.
_____

"That's what happened..." I murmured.

Jake sighed.

"God...I didn't know that they were like that.. So that's why you didn't want to be open about us...Your parents are homophobic."

I nodded.

"Guess so.."

"I'm sorry...You didn't have to tell them that, I could—"

"That's not why I told them. They would've found out anyway because of Zoey...Now she has nothing to blackmail me with.."

"Yeah I guess..Are you okay?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know."

He didn't say anything.

"Jake...Can I tell you something?"

He nodded.

"Of course."

"I love you."

His eyes widened.

"You...Love me?"

I nodded.

He smiled.

"I love you too...And no matter what your parents say, I'll be there. And...If you accept...I'd like to be there as...Your boyfriend."

I turned to face him completely.

"What?"

"Will you..Do me the honor of being my boyfriend, Andrew?"

"I...Yes...Yeah, I'll be your boyfriend." I responded, blushing slightly.

He smiled even more and hugged me.

I smiled and hugged him back, before pulling away and kissing him.

Our moment was suddenly interrupted, when we heard someone yell...

"I KNEW SOMETHING WAS GOING ON BETWEEN THOSE TWO!—"

Me and Jake pulled away from each other, and turned to face the direction that the yell came from.

It was a bush...

A bush with suspicious orange hair poking from the top.

Me and Jake glanced at each other before standing up and walking closer.

"Could you be anymore obvious?" I asked, putting my hand on my hip.

Then, all of them came from behind the bush, nervously laughing.

It was the club, and the Band.

"You idiot...Why'd you have to say anything?" Brennan yelled and Max.

"Sorry...BUT STILL, I KNEW IT!"

"You're an idiot." Zander said shaking his head.

All of us laughed.

"It's now tradition to hide behind bushes during a confession!" Milly exclaimed.

Zander and Luke paused.

"Wait...Does that mean...You were there when me and Luke got together..?"

Hailey playfully hit Millys head.

"They weren't supposed to know!" She whispered.

"Oh— Well they know now!" Milly exclaimed.

Hailey shook her head in disbelief.

"That aside...I'm happy for you guys." Hailey said.

Jake smiled.

"Thanks Hailey..."

. . .

Well...I guess this story is coming to a close now, huh?

I guess I should tell you guys what happened after...

Jake accompanied me home so we could face my parents together, but to my surprise...

My dad was gone.

My mom left him.

She supported me completely, and apologized for staying with him for so long..

My home life was great after that.

Me and my mom's relationship got better, and we never saw my dad again.

Aside from my home life...

My school life was great too.

Me and Jake came out publicly about our relationship...And the Jomies regrouped again.

I stayed in the Meowsfits...And I guess me and the club became like.. Friends?

I guess.

Another thing...

Hailey got over her crush on Jake, and she actually got with someone else 6 months later...

Who you ask?

Lia.

I never would've expected it...But at the same time, I didn't really care.

Anyways...The last person I guess I should update you on is...

Zoey...

In short..? She was expelled.

Why? For trying to blackmail a teacher.

Stupid...I know.

I guess that'd be all now.

Oh, wait...

I forgot to mention.

Me and Jake broke up...

I'm fucking with you, we're still together.

. . .

And were done...Finally...I'm tired.
legit wrote 5k words in a day!

I apologize if this was like...Shitty —

I can admit that I was rushing...

But I kept the original idea I was gonna go with anyway, I probably just didn't go into much detail LMAO

Still, I hope you enjoyed it though  and thank you so much for staying this long and reading this till the end!

Most of you came from my first story...Why Don't We Rewrite the Stars, and it means a lot that you read this one too!

Sadly though...Now I'm done.

Like...With wattpad.

A more detailed post will be on my conversation tab, and I'll be letting you know my reasoning there!

This is just me thanking you for reading this <3

Luv you guysss!

Bye!

words: 8704

(I didn't proofread this shit)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 191 18
(Why it's rated mature) Warnings: Abusive relationships, language, violence, mentions of rape READ WITH CAUTION "Just leave, God dammit!" He heard Dr...
11.1K 155 20
After the music club won 2nd place in the competition, everything started to change. The music club gained prominence and everything seemed to be fin...
2.9K 120 7
Yay! This is about Drew now! Another short fanfic made by yours truly- even though i have other things to do... :3 Synopsis: Drew did not like Christ...
39.8K 1K 9
All characters are from The Music Freaks by RosyClozy Jake x Drew, Gay, fluff, Angst, & henriam Drew has never liked the music freaks ever sense...