The Sweetest Medicine [BOOK 2]

By cuppacoffeee

Beautiful doctor of Chinese medicine, Yu Gangan woke up from a coma one day to a cold, mysterious man. "Excus... More

191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
291-300
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-400
401-410
411-420
421-430
Taking It For Real
Are You Afraid That I'd Sell You?
The Biggest Joy
The Abandoned Teacher
Refuse To Be Friends
Curiosity Killed The Cat
Childhood Friend, Gu Yanyu
Fang Zhihan's Innocent Friendship
Meet Again But Don't Recognize
A Threat: I Want You To Help Me
440-443
444-446
447-450
451 - 453
454 - 458
459 - 463
464 - 470
471 - 475
476 - 480
481 - 485
486 - 490
491 - 494
AN: how are you?
495-500
501-505
506-510
511-515
516-520
521-525
526-530
531-535
536-540
541-545
546-550
551-555
AN
uploader's note:
556-560
561-570
576-580
581-585
586-590
591-595
596-600
AUTHOR
601-610

571-575

64 2 0
By cuppacoffeee

Chapter 571: Bearing a grudge, deliberately provoking
The corners of Ling NI’s lips curved upwards slightly. As soon as she heard yixue mention Fang zhihan, a gentle look appeared in her eyes. But, she continued,”don’t talk nonsense, yixue. Young master han and I are just friends.”

“Yes, yes, yes, you guys are friends.”

“We’re really just friends. ”

“Good friends may end up as lovers or husband and wife, because they really have a telepathic connection. If you two can become a couple, you’ll be a perfect match!”

Zhang Yi Xue said ambiguously.

Ling NI’s heart was filled with joy, and her eyes seemed to be filled with flowers.

“Speaking of which, why hasn’t young master han appeared yet?”

Ads by Pubfuture
“He’s always been busy. Today is the old master’s birthday banquet. He’ll definitely come later.”

“Let’s go and see what the doctor of Chinese medicine has given to the old master.”

……

Yu Gangan walked straight up to the old man. Along the way, she didn’t care how others looked at him. All she wanted was to quickly end this grand banquet.

“Hello, old Sir.”

Sitting on the chair, the old man looked domineering and majestic. His bright eyes were filled with wisdom. When his gaze fell on Yu Gangan, a flash of joy appeared in his eyes,”Xiaoyu, you’re here.”

......

He looked around and praised,”you look beautiful today.”

Yu Gangan’s face turned red in embarrassment and she slightly lowered her head,””Thank you. This is your birthday present. I wish you good fortune and longevity.”

The smile on the old man’s face grew even wider as he received the gift.”Alright, alright, alright. Thank you for spending so much money.”

Ads by Pubfuture

Yu Gangan smiled and said a little embarrassedly,””It’s just a small gift. I hope you don’t mind. ”

“I don’t mind, I like it very much.”

The old man didn’t open the gift, but handed it to the security guard.

Suddenly, a clear voice rang out,””Grandpa Fang, since you like it so much, why don’t you take a look at what Dr. Yu has given you?”

“That’s right. Let’s take a look. We’re very curious.”

The two voices belonged to Zhang yixue and Ling ni. Ling ni should be very familiar with the old man as she held his hand gently.”This looks like a painting, but I wonder which famous artist made it? I really want to see it. ”

Yu Gangan smiled but did not say a word.

These two people just didn’t treat them immediately. Why did they hold a grudge?

Fang zhihan had prepared it for her. Even if it wasn’t worth much, the painting shouldn’t be bad.

The old man smiled at Ling ni and said with interest,””Alright then. Let’s open it and see what Xiaoyu has given me.”

The guard immediately opened the painting. The first part of the painting revealed a slanted path leaning against the mountain. The path followed the mountain and the sky connected with the water. Green mountains were stacked, the lake was melted, flowers and trees were on the slope, and the green grass was like a blanket. Scholars rode on the mountain path and beautiful women were rowing on the water. The spring wind rippled and it was warm. The whole picture showed a kind of ethereal beauty.

However, there was no seal of the Imperial court.

Zhang yixue, who was next to him, immediately sneered and said with some contempt,””Tracing back to the ancient times when painting started to sprout and down to the late Qing Dynasty, there doesn’t seem to be any ancient paintings like this in the past four thousand years. Which artist is it? Why isn’t there a seal? did you draw it yourself?”

Ling ni also covered her mouth and laughed. She scolded Zhang yixue, “He’s only a doctor of Chinese medicine. Do you want him to give you an ancient painting worth tens of millions?”

Chapter 572: Surprise, engagement party (1)
The banquet hall instantly fell silent.

The old man’s kind face even sank and his expression became a little cold.

The atmosphere was a little tense.

Although Yu Gangan had never been to a banquet like this, she had never eaten pork before, but how could she not have seen a pig run? the two women simply wanted her to become a plaything for everyone at the banquet.

Although this group of people were not to be trifled with, she did not want to be treated as a plaything, and she did not want to be slapped on one side of her face, and even move closer to the other side of her face with a smile.

Yu Gangan smiled slightly and asked,””Is it important whether it’s an ancient painting? Is the price more important than the thought?”

As soon as these words came out, no one dared to show a look of disdain. After all, the people present were not ordinary people. Th1s chapter is updated by n)ovel/\bin/\

“Of course, the intention is more important,” someone immediately said.

Zhang yixue and Ling ni couldn’t hold their smiles anymore.

Ads by Pubfuture
“Of course, that’s a must. Why are you being so serious, Dr. Yu?” Zhang yixue forced a smile and said. We’re just joking with you. ”

“Huh?” Yu Gangan exclaimed,”am I serious?”

Who knew that she would keep smiling. Her smile was faint but gentle and appropriate. Her attitude was neither humble nor arrogant, and she was very likable.

The corners of Ling NI’s lips curved up slightly, but her smile didn’t reach her eyes. Her gaze that fell on Yu Gangan was a little cold,””Then it seems that this painting was carefully selected by Dr. Yu. Since Dr. Yu is so knowledgeable, do you want to tell us about this painting?”

......

This must be a painting that he bought casually. This doctor probably wouldn’t be able to explain it.

The old man glanced at Yu Gangan and saw that her expression didn’t change. Her white eyebrows were slightly raised as if she was watching a good show while he waited for her response.

Yu Gangan didn’t understand paintings, nor did she understand this painting.

How was she going to introduce him?

What the hell, coming out to attend a wedding banquet and also encountering such a terrible thing. Could she just say goodbye to the old master with a sullen face and leave with a flick of her sleeves?

“To appreciate a painting, one must first have a spirit,” she said with a smile.”The first standard to evaluate a painting is the spirit. A painting that truly touches the heart should be a kind of lively spirit. The two are mutually beneficial and mutually dependent on each other. They are harmonious and rhythmic to create a vivid and wonderful artistic taste, right?”

He seemed to be appreciating the painting, but in fact, he didn’t say anything and pushed the question back like a Tai Chi.

Ads by Pubfuture

It would be fine if the other party knew how to paint, but if he didn ‘t, it would be awkward.

Ling ni didn’t know how to continue ...

The old man’s lips curved into a smile.

At this moment, someone exclaimed,””Isn’t this the ancient painting that was sold at a sky-high price at the auction house in Beijing a few days ago?”

“Are you talking about the special report a few days ago? the nameless, Untitled, unmarked, and unknown spring outing painting that was identified as the authentic work of a famous artist from the Sui Dynasty?”

“Yes, that’s the one. A mysterious buyer bought it at a high price of 50 million.”

“Then how did it end up in this little girl’s hands? Could it be that this young lady had bid for it?”

“I really didn’t expect that I would actually see the real thing. This is a peerless pill.”

……

The nameless painting was actually a famous painting with an astronomical price, instantly shocking many people.

Yu Gangan also jumped in shock.

He was stunned!

An ancient painting worth 50 million?

Didn’t Fang zhihan say it wasn’t expensive?

Fifty million was not expensive. She could not even earn fifty million even if she sold herself.

Did he take the wrong painting ...

Chapter 573: Surprise, engagement party (2)
Zhang yixue and Ling ni looked at each other in shock. Ling NI’s face immediately darkened as she looked at Yu Gangan and said in a serious tone,””Dr. Yu, your gift is too big. I don’t know what people will say if they see it.”

There were all kinds of people at the banquet today.

If word got out that Mr. Fang had accepted such a huge gift, wouldn’t it be a way to ruin Mr. Fang’s reputation?

Yu Gangan was speechless.

These people were really hard to please. Gifts that were too cheap or too expensive were not acceptable.

She smiled.”I gave it to him openly. I didn’t do it secretly. How can this be gossip?”

Ling ni was about to say something when the old man suddenly laughed.”Hahahaha...Good, good, good!”

He said “good” three times in a row!

Ads by Pubfuture

He didn’t know if it was because he liked the painting or because he liked Yu Gangan.

Yu Gangan remained calm.

There was no fear, no joy, no pride, nor was there the indifference of a Sparrow flying to the branch.

He only looked at the old man and said apologetically,””I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were an old general. I thought you were just an ordinary patient. If I had known earlier, I wouldn’t have caused you such trouble.”

The old man waved his hand and looked like he didn’t care.”How could it be trouble? I can’t be happier! However, since you’ve given me such a big gift, I should return the favor. ”

......

As he said that, he looked at the guard beside him, who was his Adjutant, Chen Zhenghe.

Chen Zhenghe immediately nodded and jogged up the stairs. After a while, he came back with a tray with a red velvet.

The old man waved his hand at Yu Gangan, gesturing for her to come a little closer.

Yu Gangan didn’t expect a return gift, so she quickly waved her hands,””No need, no need.”

Chen Zhenghe opened the gift box.

Ads by Pubfuture

The color of the green bangle was bright and thick. Under the light, it appeared to be a heavy Lake Green color. At first glance, it looked like a Little Lake Blue. The texture was fine, and the green silk was floating. Was this the priceless King’s Green?

When the king’s Green bangle appeared, it shocked the people who were paying attention to them. They probably didn’t expect the old man to treat this Chinese medicine doctor so well. Th1s chapter is updated by n)ovel/\bin/\

Ling ni was the one who reacted the most strongly. Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets as she looked at the old man in disbelief.

“Grandpa Fang, you ... You’re returning her gift, how can you return this to her?”

Her voice was very soft as she mumbled. Zhang yixue, who was beside her, heard her and looked at her in confusion. She asked in a low voice,””What’s wrong with this?”

“This is grandmother Fang ‘s.”

The old man picked up the Jade bracelet from the box and placed it on Yu Gangan’s wrist.

Yu Gangan’s eyes were also filled with disbelief,”Sir, your return gift is too expensive. I can’t accept it.”

She didn’t know the price of King’s Green, but she was sure that the price of top-grade Jade was definitely not cheap. Such a green bracelet would definitely be worth as much as the ancient painting.

Ling ni frowned and said excitedly,””Of course you can’t accept it!”

This bangle had a special meaning. How could he give it to this doctor of Chinese medicine?

What was Grandpa Fang thinking? this was something that belonged to grandma Fang. When grandma Fang passed away, she had said that this bracelet was for her future granddaughter-in-law.

She was young master Han’s future wife.

How could Grandpa Fang just give it to this doctor of Chinese medicine?

Chapter 574: Surprise, engagement party (3)
Was it really just a random gift? It was the old man who had taken a fancy to this doctor of Chinese medicine and wanted her to be his granddaughter-in-law.

However, he didn’t even ask for the opinion of the person involved in the relationship and marriage, did he?

After all, he was not the one who was spending the day with her, but his grandson.

Seeing Ling NI’s serious expression, Yu Gangan immediately realized that the bracelet had some special meaning. So, she quickly tried to take it off.

“Old Sir, the bracelet is too expensive.”

She tried to take it out a few times, but she couldn ‘t.

The bangle was a little small, so it was easy to put it in, but difficult to take it out directly. He had to use lubricant.

The old man’s voice was soft, and his smile was kind and warm.””Is it expensive? No matter how valuable it is, it can’t be as valuable as your gift. Don’t take it, I will never take back the gift I gave!”

Ads by Pubfuture
His domineering tone made Yu Gangan’s eyes turn blank and confused. She didn’t know what to do,”“……”

“Grandpa, that’s ...” Ling ni leaned over and said.

The old man smiled and interrupted Ling ni.””The banquet is about to begin.”

“Take Dr. Yu to touch up her makeup,”he said to Chen Zhenghe.

Chen Zhenghe nodded his head and made an inviting gesture.

......

Yu Gangan didn’t think she needed to touch up her makeup, but she could take this opportunity to remove the bracelet and return it to the old man.

He smiled at the old master and left with Chen Zhenghe.

She did not go to the resting room. Instead, she asked Chen Zhenghe to bring her to the sink. She did not let Chen Zhenghe leave.

” You really don’t have to give me a gift in return. Actually, I didn’t buy that ancient painting. It was my boyfriend. My boyfriend has never seen your old master before. He just heard that I was going to a patient’s house for a drink, so he gave me this painting. I suspect that he might have brought the wrong painting. He probably wanted to get a cheaper one, but he accidentally gave me the painting that he spent a lot of money on. If you think this painting will cause trouble for your old master, I can bring it back. I don’t need the bracelet ...”

Yu Gangan muttered as she stood in front of the sink and used the hand wash to lubricate her hands.

Ads by Pubfuture

After finally removing the bracelet, Yu Gangan smiled happily and quickly cleaned it. She then wiped it clean with a towel and prepared to give it to Chen Zhenghe,

He asked him to return the bangle to the old man.

He turned around slowly and noticed from the corner of his eye that Chen Zhenghe, who was standing beside him in a black suit, seemed to have disappeared. At this moment, there was a man in a white suit beside him.

Yu Gangan slowly lifted her eyes and saw a familiar handsome face.

“Ah!”

She was stunned for a moment and then called out in surprise.

His eyes widened in shock.

What was Fang zhihan doing here?

Didn’t he say he was on a business trip? It wasn’t that he didn’t want to accompany her to the banquet. Why would he appear here in a white suit, looking so handsome and elegant?

At that moment, Yu Gangan thought she was seeing things and that Fang zhihan was just hallucinating.

She closed her eyes and muttered,””You don’t need to show up now. I’ll return the bracelet and get ready to go back.”

The man’s slender fingers curled up and flicked her forehead.””You don’t want me to appear?”

Yu Gangan’s mouth opened wide in shock. Her mouth looked like it could swallow an egg. After a while, she finally said,”Y-y-y-y-you ... Fang zhihan, is it really you?”

“If it wasn’t me, who was it?” Fang zhihan asked.

Chapter 575: Surprise, engagement banquet (4)
Yu Gangan grinned. Of course, she was happy that he was here to accompany her.

However, he immediately felt that something was wrong!

He clearly said that he was going on a business trip, so he should be on the plane right now. Why didn’t he go and instead came here to look for her?

“Then pinch me. I’ll see if it hurts.”

“Didn’t I flick your forehead just now? does it hurt?”

Yu Gangan slowly raised her hand and touched her forehead,””It seems to hurt a little.”

She stretched out her hand and pinched Fang zhihan’s face,”does it hurt?”

Fang zhihan pulled her hand away and held it in his palm,””Of course it hurts, stupid.”

Ads by Pubfuture
At this moment, Yu Gangan was finally 100% sure that Fang zhihan had appeared at the birthday banquet. She was shocked,””Why didn’t you go on a business trip? why did you come here?”

“This ...” The man’s deep voice was slightly elongated, sexy and rich,””I’ll tell you everything when we get home. ”

“Sure, wait for me. I’ll return the bracelet to the old man and we can go back,” Yu Gangan said as she raised the bracelet in her hand.

She suddenly exclaimed,”Oh, right!” It’s not that it’s not expensive, it’s very expensive. I gave that painting to that old man, but the painting was probably too expensive, so the old man only gave me a bracelet ...”

Yu Gangan paused for a moment and suddenly remembered that Fang zhihan had seen an invitation before,””Did you know who the old man was when you saw his name? You want to give him a painting to ask him for help? Or did you take the wrong painting?”

......

“I don’t want to ask him for help and I didn’t take the wrong painting. I’ll tell him when we get home. I’ll tell you everything you want to know. The party is about to start, so we need to get out,” Fang zhihan replied.

Yu Gangan was confused!

However, it wasn’t appropriate to say some things at the banquet. They should wait until they got home.

After a few steps, Fang zhihan grabbed the bracelet and placed it on Yu Gangan’s wrist.

Yu Gangan was shocked as she looked at Fang zhihan speechlessly,””How did you get trapped again? don’t you know that I took a lot of effort to get it out?”

Ads by Pubfuture

“An elder’s gift can not be rejected. It would be disrespectful to reject it,” Fang zhihan held onto her hand and interlocked his fingers.

Yu Gangan was speechless.

That was what he said, but ... He felt that something was off.

When the two of them came out, waltz music started playing in the grand banquet hall, and the lights fell on the center of the hall.

Fang zhihan suddenly turned around and looked at Yu Gangan as she stretched out her hand. She was inviting him for the first dance.

Yu Gangan froze for a moment before she shook her head. Dance? I’d better not.

You don’t think so?”Fang zhihan asked with a smile.

Of course, Yu Gangan knew how to dance. Back in University, there was an adult dance class, but she wasn’t very familiar with it.

The reason she didn’t want to dance had nothing to do with their familiarity. The opening dance was usually reserved for the host, so how could she and Fang zhihan do it?

Yu Gangan smiled in embarrassment and subconsciously looked at the old man.

But, she found the old man smiling kindly and clapping his hands to welcome her and Fang zhihan to the dance.

At this moment, everyone’s eyes were focused on the two of them.

Yu Gangan had no choice but to place her hand on Fang zhihan’s and say in a small voice,””I’m not a good dancer. ”

“It’s okay, just follow my steps. ” Fang zhihan held onto her hand with one hand and supported her waist with the other as he led her to the dance floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 61 13
"this story is about a dream. When we sleep, we see lots of dreams....which make us sometime happy.....and sometime sad. But what if when you dream...
251 49 18
||NOT AN ARRANGE MARRIAGE STORY|| He tried finding her all over Instagram but couldn't because what he knew was not her official name. She, even afte...
308K 5.5K 200
Part 2 In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi, le...
221 10 8
'He was that darkness in my life that I wanted to inhale with every breath. The demons in his heart were only for me to rule. He was a beast, my beas...