My Hero Academia - The Time C...

By IcicleKun

With the Quirk to control time to his will, will Aether become the best hero of all time, or the worst villai... More

Chapter 1 - The Time Controller
Chapter 2 - U.A. High
Chapter 3 - The First Day
Chapter 4 - Rage, you dam nerd!
Chapter 5 - Bakugo's Start Line
Chapter 6 - Encounter with the unknown. End of season 1.
Chapter 7 - That's the idea, Ochaco!
Chapter 8 - In their own Quirky ways.
Chapter 9 - The Finales.
Chapter 10 - Battle on, challengers!
Chapter 11 - Evelyn: Origins
Chapter 12 - The Finale.
Chapter 13 - Space Hero: Thirteen!
Chapter 14 - Overclock Mode!
Chapter 15 - Climax
Chapter 16 - The Aftermath of Hero Killer: Stain.
Chapter 18 - New Home...?

Chapter 17 - Alice Lake.

3 0 0
By IcicleKun

Takes place in episode 20. Season 2.

Aether is seen packing his things up, as Thirteen sighs,

"You know, I'm going to miss having you around. Your willpower inspired so many others here in the agency." Thirteen was saddened to see him go,

"But hey, if you go Pro, don't hesitate to come back! I'll have a spot warmed up for you as we wait!" Thirteen explained, as Aether agreed,

"I am looking forward to it." He says in delight,

...

...

...

Aether rides the train... He thinks about his experiences with Thirteen, and his training and usage of his Quirk in rescue.

It was sad to leave, honestly. He kind of liked it at the agency with the food, training, and studying being mixed with rescue work.

But as he sits in the class... He sees Bakugo's hairdo. Really weird if you ask him.

"How was Thirteen like Aether!?!" Uraraka wondered,

"Yeah, yeah, tell us!" Ashido also wondered as Aether chuckled,

"She was amazing, I even got to do some rescue work... Erm... Well, one mission..." Aether dodged the question, but Uraraka and Ashido were still fangirling over her.

But Uraraka had a new air. She was brimming with combative capabilities now.

"But the ones who changed the most, or at least went through the most were you four, right?" Kaminari points to the group of four. Midoriya, Aether, Todoroki, and Iida. They talked about how they got out alive. But that's so beyond the truth...

They gathered around them, stating Endeavor saved them, yada yada.

Aether wasn't all in for being in a larger group...

"Yeah. He saved us." Todoroki agreed, as the other three also agreed to the statement.

"I saw on the news that the hero killer was connected to the League of Villains. Imagining someone that scary coming to USJ freaks me out." Ojiro was a bit nervous, as Aether noticed that every time they fight a villain and win, they make it seem like such a fun feat. Some other instances of thinking he's cool in a sense got Aether a bit ticked in his mind.

Although his ideals are somewhat sound. Heros nowadays haven't been like All Might. He does jobs because he's a hero.

"Now, it's time to commence class!" Iida is back, and everyone does what he asks, walking to their seats.

...

...

...

Hours pass as soon everyone is in their hero costumes in front of All Might.

"Okay, I am here. Anyway, we'll start now. Right. It's basic training! Long time no see, boys and girls! How've you been? For this time's hero basic training... Since you've all just gotten back from your internships, we'll have some fun with a rescue training race!" All Might says, as Aether smirks, he was going to have fun flashing his new powerup.

He even got into mastering it at 10x speed.

Overclock Mode

A form in which time is bent to Aether's will. He uses Time Controller to speed his brain up seemingly 5 seconds into the future like him being able to rewind his entire position 5 seconds back in the past. He then speeds up his reaction speed by the same amount as his normal acceleration. Time seemingly bends with grey gears floating around as if everything around him is in some sort of warp.

He also controls time enough to physically make his brain stay in the present but in the future as well, canceling any aging effects. His whole body in a sense stabilizes as he is only now limited to 5x. But with enough focus, he can obtain 10x speed. But focus is key. If he even makes a sudden mistake his head will give him a huge migraine.

Aether however smirked again. He trained in rescue, so this will be a piece of cake.

"This is Field Gamma!" All Might soon shows the pipe-infested fields, the large area made for rescuing in tight-fitting places.

Aether remembers the landslide situation, broken buildings, etc. Some have tightly fitting places, and if he can't break the pips then he needs to be quick on his feet.

"A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth. You'll break up into three 5-person and one 6-person groups and go through the training one group at a time. When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside you'll all start at once from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first!" All Might explained, that as Aether breathes, he needs to focus. He might be more big on stamina but focusing to ensure his stamina is stabilized and his body won't get messed up is key.

"Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings at a minimum." All Might also explained as Aether smirked. He may not have explosive power but he has speed and punching/kicking power.

"Don't point at me!" All Might pointed at Bakugo, as he ordered him to don't do that. He was embarrassed but his emotions sunk to at least bearable levels.

"All right, first group, get in place!" All Might says as Aether was up first. In another part of the city, Aether scans the area.

"Pipes everywhere..." He says, before looking up,

"If I get a quick leap, I can look into the future in a sense and let my body land on whatever pipe my instincts tell me to land on... I need to trust them. If they feel impending injuries, then don't." Aether says, stretching his body.

"5x speed seems to keep up with people like Midoriya and Iida... So 10x should be far faster... Therefore... I need to focus. I may be able to amp up my speed but my rewinding ability takes me back 5 seconds into the past. So I will react faster to 5 seconds into the future..." Aether thinks, waiting for the signal...

Iida, Midoriya, Ojiro, Ashido, and Sero were here.

"Ojiro and Ashido shouldn't be an issue... The main ones are Midoriya and Iida..." Aether thinks,

"Thanks to Midoriya's training, he can use a mode like I can... But it doesn't seem to be perfected yet... He is a bit faster and he can go crazy fast if he leaps... Getting a good look over my surroundings and finding that bright blue suit shouldn't be an issue..." Aether continued to think, as he was ready to show these chumps what a real rescue hero can do!

"!" Aether hears it... He thinks before gears float around.

"Let's go with 5x... Any more and I don't think normally...!" Aether jumps up, a tower allowing it.

"..." He can't see All Might.

"..." And Aether leaps. He does so many times, his body telling him when to dodge, stop, etcetera.

"Sero is most likely going to be the biggest issue, though... His tape can grapple through the area and his speed might be his downfall." Aether thinks about it, continuing the search.

Aether is broadcasted on the screen, as everyone sees his new mode, stunned.

But Aether, well...

"Tsk!" He jumps from a tower he was going to bump into.

"That was close..." He agreed, keeping his footing.

"Being on the ground would be so easier... But I need to ensure I can spot All Might!" Aether states that he needed to make sure he got a clear understanding of his surroundings.

"!" But his eyes widened,

"Midoriya!?!" He leaps right beside him,

"Aether!" He was happy to see him.

"So... How was your last few days!?!" He wondered, the pair jumping from pipe to pipe.

"It's doing well, I-!" Aether stopped, darting to the left as-

"Ah!" Midoriya realizes it too, jumping higher as he goes over a tower.

The pair were as if the same speed.

"Sorry to end this short, Midoriya... But I need to run!" Aether says goodbye, as with a sudden increase of speed...

"!!!" Midoriya's eyes widened, as Aether ran at 10x speed before he dropped to the ground.

"THERE!" Aether rushes in, as he lands on the...

"FINISHED!!!" Suddenly All Might says, as looking at...

"I AM HERE!!!" Aether says before his mind cracks.

"Urg..." He falls, as All Might rushes to him,

"Young Aether! You can't save me looking like that!" All Might explained, as soon...

"I-I'm here! I'm-! Ah...!" Sera is suddenly seen, who looks disappointed as others come by eventually.

"Young Aether came in first, but compared to the beginning of the year, you've all gotten a lot better at using your Quirks." All Might compliment them,

"Keep going like this and start preparing for your final exam!" All Might motivated them, as the group soon left the field.

...

...

...

Within the locker room area, Aether found it a bit... Erm... Fanservicey? He has been training like everyone else, so it was quite comfortable to show himself with the others.

But like most. He was body conscious.

"... I need to work a lot, now. That migraine..." Aether groans, still going through some of it.

"Midoriya, are you alright?" Aether wondered as the boy was surprised,

"Oh, yeah. I'm alright." He says as Aether notices that All Might took a moment to talk to him before he left the area.

Why?

What exactly did he say to him?

"Aether Midoriya! I discovered something crazy! Look at this hole, Shawshank! It is probably thanks to the efforts of those who came before-!" Aether suddenly punched Mineta in the head, knocking him down,

"What's up with you pervs these days!" Aether argued in his fit of rage.

"?" Suddenly, an earphone jack peeps through the hole, waving at Aether.

"Uh... Is that a thank you?" Aether wondered, as the earphone jack nodded up and down.

"Get Yaoyorozu to block it from the other side!" Aether offered, the earphone jack slithering away.

...

...

...

The ordeal ended with Jiro coming up to him before the ball rang.

"Thanks for stopping that perverted freak." She thanked him, as Aether nods,

"Oh, no problem. I don't get why everyone's such a perv these days." Aether complained as Jiro chuckled,

"Good to know someone stopped him from peeping," Jiro was thankful for his consideration... And eventually, he stood next to Kaminari, walking the halls.

"Oh, Overclock? It's just me bending various functions to a high." Aether explained as Kaminari smiled,

"You gotta show me some more of that when we have the chance! That was amazing!" Kaminari ordered as Aether nodded,

"I'll try," Aether promised.

...

...

...

"... Overclock uses my entire Quirk throughout my body in a sense... Allowing for somewhat perfect control over time around my body... I become more aware, more quicker despite being at 5x the speed. I make my entire body, senses, and speed quicker but I am also making my body stay in the present. It's a delicate amount of control... And if I overdo it, large migraines, strain, and draining of stamina will occur." Aether thinks,

"It's like Midoriya... He explained his Full Cowling thing to be spreading his Quirk throughout his body. It's like Overclock." He compared the two Quirks.

"... Spreading power... That's like what I did at the festival. I spread my Quirk onto others and quickened their speed. Hopefully, they didn't mind aging a few minutes." Aether apologized in his mind, as...

"Clack clack clack." Sounded heels... Aether wasn't sure who was coming, but as he continued to walk, not concerned about it,

"Young man... Or should I say... Slicksilver?" Suddenly, the mentioning of his name...

"!" Aether's eyes widened,

"Wait... How do you know my code-" Aether turned to see a woman in heels, her 6-foot-tall stature staring down at the smaller child.

"Uhm... Hello, miss-"

"Call me Alice Lake, dear," Alice explained as she looked at him,

"Hm... You look just like your father but so much like your mother... It must've been hard to live a life without guidance from them." She says as Aether's eyes widen,

"You knew... My Parents...?"

...

...

...

Aether was far from the school, close to his room, the woman's appearance surprised him,

"Yes... I did know them. Your father is my son after all. I am Alice Lake from the Lake Corporation. I've come... To help out." Alice says as Aether is confused!

"Lake Corporation... L-Look, I don't know who you want, but you got the-!" Aether stopped, as the woman stated,

"I am looking at the person I sought. Aether. You're my grandson. I am merely here to help you." Alice ordered as Aether stopped.

"Help...? No... This woman is someone else! She has the wrong name I am sure-"

"I don't mind speaking to you in this language, but rest assured, I know who you are. You're the son of my son, my grandson, and I am merely here to help out the family." Alice says, walking to the boy, Aether looked up,

"... Why now? How come I've never seen you... When you say you want to help me?" He wondered, the suited woman explaining,

"I see... So this is your home..." She looked at a garage door,

"How do you-"

"Simply just investigating your whereabouts, nothing else. I want to help you, so listen to what I want to offer." She ordered, snapping her fingers,

"!" Aether is suddenly lifted from the ground, being carried to the garage.

"I am Alice Lake. I want to give you a life you never thought of in your life. You want to become a hero, correct?" Alice wondered as Aether nodded,

"Good good. Well, my son refused to become heir to my company. We're located everywhere, and here in Japan we want to lay our foundations. Of course, we need a strong heir to protect our legacy and to ensure the strongest are born amongst the elites. I am willing to give you all of our assets if you continue to educate yourself and to become something strong... Something grand!" Alice made little sense. Why?

"In simpler terms, become my hier, and obtain a future brighter than the path you so want to walk! Heros can have other jobs too, it's only fair... That's a hero... And they should live in the lap of luxury." Alice explained, as...

"Snap!" She snapped her finger, as the garage door closed...

"Hm..." She looked at the 3rd place medal on the wall.

"... This isn't something my grandson should be living in. I've given your father such an offer... But he wasn't smart enough to take it. In the company, we merely want someone strong, educated, and filled with potential. I've seen your tactics at the sports festival... You have the potential for so much! All I want you to do... Is to educate yourself. And everything will be yours." Alice says, as Aether was... Confused...

"Why did Dad leave you?" He wondered as Alice glared,

"He didn't want to take our offer." She explained simply, as her attitude... Huh...?

Why... What the...?

"Ah, Aether! You're back!" Says his boss, as Alice's glare turned to him, as the man was VERY intrigued.

"Are you the client I have a meeting with? Shoot... I should've specified! Come in, come in!" The boss says as Aether sighs,

"Boss... What client?" Aether wondered as Alice noted how close they seemed...

"Ya know the client! Pah, you're so dumb sometimes! Come in come in! Sorry for leaving you with my boy here! He was always like this since he was a baby!" The man laughed, before introducing himself,

"I am Boss. A pleasure to meet ya." He goes for a handshake, the small man close to Aether's height puts out her hand, as Alice reluctantly shakes it.

"So... Ya planning on taking one of my fighters to the big leagues, eh?" Boss was his name. Boss.

"... No. I am Alice Lake. Aether Lake's grandmother." Alice says as Boss cocks up an eyebrow,

"Hm... I don't remember having such a pretty girl as a wife! Hahaha!" Boss laughed, as Alice glared,

"I am being serious... Boss..." Alice was finding it hard to say his name, as the man slowly stopped.

"... What do ya mean, grandmother?" Boss seemed more... Urg... Defensive and angered.

"I mean I am his grandmother. I am here to offer him a life of luxury in exchange for him being a hier-"

"Now you just wait there, lady. Where were you were I found this kid?" Boss wondered as Alice sighs,

"I was merely in my office located in America. I don't move here just for my son's benefit. He ran away with that... Hm... Evelyn was it?" Alice thinks, chuckling,

"Yes. Evelyn. My son merely didn't want to-"

"I mean... Where were ya when I found out the house... Urm... He was in... When it was abandoned? A whole day, no car was parked, this kid was abandoned... Ugh... Give me a break..." Boss was going to reveal something,

"Look. Aether... Remember how I said ya were abandoned?" Boss wondered as Alice's eyes narrowed.

"Well... We robbed your parent's home... And found your nanny... Urm... Not in so good health." Boss says as Aether is silent.

What the hell...?

"Y-You robbed my parent's home!?! B-But where were they!?! WHERE WERE MY PARENTS!?!" Aether demanded, nearly tearing up as Alice stopped him,

"Your parents were in a car crash," Alice says, as Aether's eyes widen...

"Car... Crash...?" Aether is...

"... Tsk... You didn't even come to see what was in their home and still knew of their deaths?" Boss was angered, but Aether ...

"You're telling me... You..." Aether stopped, realizing what he did...

"Thank you..." Aether cried as the man understood, but it seemed Aether knew...

If he didn't rob his parent's home...

He would've died...

"... What about the nanny...?" Aether wondered as the man sighed,

"High off of her mind. OD'd off of some drug. We stopped robbing afterward for your sake, my boy." Boss says, as Alice glared,

"And what about you...?" Aether glares at the woman, as she stares at him,

"What-"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU CARE UNTIL NOW!?! WHY DIDN'T DAD TELL YOU OF ME!?! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME, HUH!?!" Aether was filled with emotions, he found out a TON of things in one simple hour.

"..." Alice was silent but composed.

"... I will give you two options. Either leave my grandson in my hands... Or I call the police on your underground criminal empire." Alice ordered, stopping the pair,

"You weasel!" Boss growled as Aether's eyes widened,

"Leave the boy with me... I will ensure his future... Or you're locked up for the various crimes. I knew of you from the start, Boss." The woman smiled in satisfaction,

"Y-You wouldn't dare..." Boss growled as Alice smiled-

"Fine..." Aether growls, as he doesn't want his only true father to be put in jail for this...

"Fine... I'll... I'll take that company when I get older... Just don't do anything to my dad..." Aether says, ticking Alice off.

"He's only Boss to you. He won't be there for anything related to parental figures." Alice ordered, as Aether growled, before calming down.

"Alright... Fine..." Aether says, as Boss quickly tried to stop them,

"WAIT! My boy..." Boss stopped him, as Aether was stressing out, unsure of what to even do.

"... I love you, kid. Don't forget that." Boss says, as with a snap of Alice's finger, Aether's things were floated to him. Clothes, items, but nothing related to this place.

"We'll be leaving," Alice says, on her phone,

"Prepare the best of the best for my grandson. He'll be a part of the family from here on out." Alice ordered, as in a fancy car, Aether drives away from his one and true home.

What... What is he going to do...?

End of chapter 17.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 1 39
The hero commission has always kept a close eye on Izuku ever since they learned about One For All. Knowing that the quirk is for saving the world, t...
8K 132 21
Y/N wanted to be a hero. It was their life dream. But how would they do that if their quirk hindered them and tortured them daily? Would they be able...
371K 11.2K 47
Faltering, the villain known as Deku is struck by a mighty blow from the Number One hero, All Might. Upon awakening, he finds that he remembers nothi...
1.9K 54 26
Aeon Bi-Han is a new student at U.A High and hasn't quite mastered his abilities yet. When a new villain claiming to have known the mastermind All Fo...