Vampire Knight (Female Zero)

By art030603

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Knight or any of its characters. *==========================================... More

Character
Prologue
1. Night of the Vampires
3. Fangs of Repentance
4. Trigger of Convictions
5. Moonlight Festival
6. Their Choice
7. Rise of the Arcbloods
8. Scarlet Labyrinth
9. Gunshot of Sorrow
10. Crimson Gaze

2. Memories of Blood

311 9 1
By art030603

"The time is getting closer. Very close." Says Kaname as he drops one tablet in his glass, he then looks through the window. Viewing at the crescent moon... thinking about Zira and warm smile. He wondered if he could ever see that smile. Not to mention the taste of her blood.  

The next day students of day class were chatting excitedly in class.

Sayori: "Everybody is getting excited."

Yuki: "That's because they are all getting ready for the Saints Chocolat's day tomorrow."

"All the girls go around giving chocolate to the boys they have crushes on. To proclaim their love for them." Said a student wearing glasses.

Boy: "I don't get it. It's completely absurd. Has everyone forgotten that this is a school of higher learning!?! I'm against in every way, shape, and form."

Sayori: "You know class rep, you may give chocolates too."

The class rep gasped and thought about Ruka. Her smiling and giving him chocolate.

Class rep: "Ruka~...."

Boy: "Yeah, but we're not gonna get anything anyway."

Boy 2: "Yeah! It's all gonna to those night class guys."

Yuki: "Hey Yori, are you giving chocolates to anyone this year?"

Sayori: "Hm.... No not interested. What about you?"

Yuki: "Ah, no.... I don't think so."

Sayori: "Hm... so then what's that?"

Sayori sees a chocolate recipe book that Yuki was reading. Yuki gasped and tried to make an excuse.

Yuki: "O-oh, this here? This doesn't mean anything..."

Sayori: "Then what's it for?"

Zira: "For Mr. K. A. N. A. M. E. of course ~...."

Yuki blushes and turns around quickly to look at Zira who was smirking at her.

Sayori: "I maybe wrong, but I believe someone behind us is smirking at you."

Zira: "Your a member of the disciplinary committee sis. Yet your giving him that?"

Yuki: "No! This would be a token of my appreciation to someone I'm indebted to. I haven't even decided if I'm gonna give it to him yet. Let it go."

Zira: "Why don't you make him a card or something instead of a chocolate. You are a horrible cook after all."

Yuki: "Gee, thanks a lot sis."

Then one of the boys started planning on giving the chocolate to Zira since she's pretty popular at day class with a high reputation and well-focused in class. Later at the headmaster's office.

Kaien: "So then.... Tomorrow is saint chocolat's day. The entire school is already buzzing with excitement. The truth about the night class could easily be revealed in all this frenzy. I need you both to be more alert than your usual. Is that understood guardians?"

Yuki: "Yes headmaster."

Zira: "Understood headmaster. But what I don't understand is why we can't ban this thing since boys from day class will keep on pestering me with sweets and the girls will find ways to sneak in the Moon Dorm."

Kaien: "Zira. If I were to do that there would be a riot. This allows students to let some steam. Of course the day class is gonna fawn over night class and you being popular with your work and all.... All of the vampires are incredibly accomplished and beautiful people. If they are our allies, then their a great resource to us."

Zira gives a serious and an annoyed expression."

Yuki: "I guess that look would mean how dare you compliment them in front of me. She's not happy."

Kaien: "Yeah.... Got it."

The he gets up and looks out the window.

Kaien: "I know all too well that vampires have been the enemies of humans for many centuries. But there are vampires out there who want to peacefully coexist. And I'm proud to educate the children of such vampires.... Your generations can build that connects our two species."

Zira: "I'm hope we can fulfil that goal..."

Kaien: "Like they say, they are nothing but beasts in human form. Who drink the blood from living humans. That's what the vampire hunters view them."

Zira: "But I don't. Like you said, if you believe then Yuki and I should do the same! It's true both of us cannot remember anything in our childhoods or our family. And they were attacked by vampires but.... But I believe that there are good vampires..."

There was a moment of silence till Yuki broke it and gave the headmaster a small paper ticket she made.

Yuki: "Head-father here! I have a saint chocolat's gift for you. And you Zira."

She gives Zira a beautiful rose hairpin.

Zira: "So pretty...!"

Yuki: "My annual gift to you."

Kaien happily jumps up and down like a crazy dotting father.

Kaien: "Its twenty coupons for Yuki's shoulder massages! Yay!"

Zira: "You do realize that you've given him the same gift every year, right? Since grade school."

Yuki: "Oh shut it. Let him have his moment, come on."

She drags Zira out of the headmaster's office.

Yuki: "Lunch is about over."

As they were walking in the hallway. Yuki was thinking about the past when Kaien introduced Zira four years ago.

-Flashback-

"I'd like you to meet Zira Kiryu." Said Kaien as he holds Zira's hand while in her other hand, she was holding a kitten.

Kaien: "Be nice to her Yuki. Her family were killed by a bad vampire. And like you, she has no memory in who she was."

Yuki felt sad seeing the poor girl who was hugging her cat gently as she stares at Yuki with fear in her eyes.

Kaien: "Help her get cleaned up. I have some business with the police I must attend to."

And with that, he leaves the two girls.

Yuki: ".... So, the bath is... It's over here..."

Yuki points the way while Zira just nods.

Yuki: "May I touch you?"

Zira hesitated at first, but her cat named Chichi meowed at her, assuring her it was alright. The girl calms down and nods again.

Yuki: "Come on."

The two of them hold hands and arrived at the bathroom. Chichi jumps out of Zira's arms and waits outside.

Yuki: "There's hot water in the tub already."

Zira nods hearing this.

Yuki: "Um.... You want, help with your shirt?"

Zira: ".... Yes."

Hearing this Yuki gently smiles and helps the girl get cleaned up.

Yuki: (Thank goodness she's not hurt.)

-Flashback end-

Every time she did something, she always asked her permission. There are times Zira talks and she has sudden nightmares whenever if the room was cold or she hears screaming from someone. She approached her cautiously, because she felt the girl in front of her would fall to pieces otherwise. But little did she know that there was more to Zira than meets the eye.

Later at the afternoon, all the girls were gathered at the moon dorm. Zira and Yuki tries their best to calm the day class students from shoving and pushing each other. Inside the moon dorm.

"Everyone seems so excited today." Says Ichijo as he hears the girls cheering.

Akatsuki: "Even though saint chocolat's day is tomorrow."

Hanabusa: "I wonder how much chocolate I'll get. Akatsuki, so what do you say? Shall we wager on who will get more?"

Akatsuki: "Your pathetic...."

Senri: "This is so annoying....!"

Ichijo: "I'm sure you'll get a tone of chocolate Shiki."

Then Ruka spots Kaname coming down and excitedly calls his first name.

Ruka: "Lord Kaname."

Seiren was following him from behind.

Ichijo: "Morning Kaname."

Kaname: "Shall we go?"

Outside the moon dorm, Yuki goes on top of the moon dorm walls and blows her whistle.

Yuki: "The exchange of chocolates is prohibited until the day of the event!"

Then the girl tries to sneak in.

Girl: "I have to make sure he gets my chocolate."

However, Yuki spots them.

Yuki: "You over there! No climbing the walls!"

She almost fell if Zira didn't save her in time by carrying her in bridal style.

Zira: "Are you alright?"

Girl: "Um.... Thanks a lot."

Yuki: "Nice Zira!"

Zira: "I'm glad you're alright. But if anyone breaks the rules one more time then the headmaster will not allow you all to give chocolates to them. So please be careful and behave."

They all agreed and promised. Then the gates opened, and the night class excited their dorms. Once again poor Yuki was shoved by the girls as they tried to go near them.

Yuki: "Alright! No pushing! Stand back!"

Zira: "You heard her girls. Not behaving then goodbye giving chocolates!"

Yuki takes a quick glance at Kaname. Zira does the same, what she didn't know was Kaname and her made an eye contact with each other. He gives her sly smirk to which she gets confused in why he did it.

Hanabusa: "Good morning! How is everyone today? Uh-huh...?"

Then he whispers to Akatsuki.

Hanabusa: "Play along Akatsuki."

Akatsuki: "I refuse."

Then Kaname smiles at Yuki.

Kaname: "Morning Yuki."

Yuki gasped and bows to him.

Yuki: "Oh! Good morning!"

Once again, the girls gave a dark aura at her.

Zira: (Poor Yuki....)

Just then, Kaname immediately stops, the other vampires stop as well. They and Yuki saw him staring at Zira who gave again a confused expression. Kaname then walks up to Zira.

Kaname: "Hello Zira. How are you feeling?"

Zira: "Huh? What do you mean Kuran?"

Kaname doesn't say anything but continues to smile at her.

Kaname: "You take care."

And with that he walks back to his group.

Zira: "Weird...?"

Yuki: (What's going? Does Kaname know something? Does he know something about her past? Maybe I'm just reading too much into things.)

Later at night, Yuki was in the kitchen cutting some chocolate.

Yuki: "First you chop it up."

Zira was outside the feeling scared at this. Yuki mixed with kitchen means she is gonna make something bad without Zira's guidance. When she arrived at Kaien's home, both the headmaster and Yuki were horrible cooks and so she became a cook to her new family.

Yuki: (I wonder if Kaname will be happy if I gave him a gift? Wait! It doesn't matter! It's just a token of my appreciation. My way of saying thank you, that's all.)

"You're going to end up hurting yourself if you do that." Said Zira who appeared behind which scared the poor girl in fright.

Yuki: "What are you doing here?"

Zira: "I just came to check on you. And so, I'm gonna help you, but let's try something different."

Yuki: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Zira: "The key is to what the man likes. Lucky for you, I was observing Kaname since he is the important person to all vampires."

Yuki: "That's because he is!"

Zira: "Whatever you say."

Chichi was outside the hallways seeing the girls working together. He walks away, heading to Zira's room but stumbles upon the headmaster who kneels down and pats his head.

Kaien: "I'm so lucky to have Zira helping out and protecting you Yuki at the same time. But I'm also sad that she doesn't remember the past of the events that has happened when she was at her ancestral home... back when a vampire attacked her family."

Chichi: "Meow..."

Kaien: "-Sigh-.... Goodnight Chichi."

As soon Kaien left. Chichi spoke up.

Chichi: "It will take time for her to remember Cross. First she must uncover her memories here since she couldn't remember anything back at her old home."

The next day, Yuki was once again sleeping in class.

Sayori: "Tired again, huh?"

Yuki: "Eh? Yeah, just a little."

Sayori: "You got back to the dorm much later than usual last night. Oh, I see. You made chocolates."

Yuki: "Well that's what I plan to do. But Zira decided we do something else other than chocolates."

Sayori: "Wait, Zira helped in cooking?"

Yuki: "-Sigh-.... I'm such a loser when it comes to this sort of thing."

Zira: "You really suck at cooking along with the headmaster."

Yuki: "Aw come on Zira!"

Zira doesn't say anything else and looks away. "Come on hurry up! Before the guardians see us." Said one of the girls to which Zira heard.

Zira: "We heard you! Come on Yuki, let's go. Time for work, otherwise the headmaster won't leave us."

Yuki: "I'm coming, coming."

Sayori: "Well, have a good one."

Yuki: "Yeah, see ya."

Zira: "Stay safe Sayori."

Sayori: "Will do Zira. Happy saint chocolats day."

Zira: "You too."

Yuki and Zira were walking at the hallway. The two of them arrived at the moon dorm, they placed bar stands on both sides so each girls would form a line and give their chocolates to their idols. Yuki blows the whistle and pulls out a yellow card.

Yuki: "Listen up! No cutting in line!"

Hanabusa: "Wow! This will be fun!"

Senri: "This kind of thing doesn't interest me..."

Akatsuki: "Just put up with it."

Yuki: "Okay! Day class ladies, it's almost that time! Today's event is about to start! Get ready to pass out as many chocolates as you can!"

Zira: "And for you night class gentlemen. Stand by your gates which has your name on it and accept the chocolates as they're given to you."

Yuki: "We should approach today's event with as much order as possible."

Zira: "And listen, this is not some kind of game. These girls take this stuff very seriously."

Hanabusa: "Taking chocolates from girls is my obligation!"

Hanabusa runs off to his stand.

Yuki: "Wait! It's not time yet Aido!"

Zira: "Leave him be Yuki. That guy is an idiot any which ways."

Then Kaname stops with one second.

Kaname: "Aido."

Hanabusa: "Gah!"

Kaname: "You must behave yourself today. That understood?"

Hanabusa: "Um.... Yes. Of course.... Lord Kaname."

Yuki and Zira bows to him.

Yuki: "Thank you Kaname. We appreciate it."

And with that she runs off and drags Zira away from.

Zira: "Slow down Yuki!"

Yuki: (Kaname is just amazing...!) "On the whistle girls! Ready?"

Yuki then blows the whistle. The girls started handing out their chocolates to their crushes.

Ichijo: "Thank you. Thank you."

Then he sees Senri and Rima leaving.

Ichigo: "Hold on! What are you doing Shiki? You must accept them as well."

He grabs Senri by the arms and drags him.

Ichigo: "Sorry everybody. I'm bringing Shiki to you right now!"

"Kaname!" yelled one of the girls who calls out to him to his stand.

Girl: "Would you please accept this!"

Kaname: "Of course."

He takes the gift from the girl.

Kaname: "Thank you."

Girl: "It's nothing."

Soon more girls started to shower him with gifts. Ruka didn't like this at all.

Ruka: "I hope these girls realize how fortunate they are that Kaname is so nice."

Zira rolled her eyes, not like Ruka's tone at all.

Zira: (You don't need to be stingy just because they're giving him chocolates. He'll any which ways throw them.)

"You look scary." Saya Akatsuki who has so many chocolates in his hands.

Ruka: "The expression on your face isn't any better. They're giving you chocolates, the least you could is smile."

The class rep of day class calls her name.

Class rep: "Miss Ruka!"

Ruka: "What is it?"

Class rep: "I gotcha this. To show you how I feel!"

Ruka frowned and sweat dropped.

Hanabusa as always started flirting with the girls.

Hanabusa: "So tell me, what would your blood type be?"

Girl: "Huh? It's... its type O-."

But a whistle was blown by Yuki, and she's pulls out a red card. Zira in the other hits him in the head hard.

Yuki: "Idol-I mean Aido stop! I said all you could take are chocolates nothing else!"

Zira: "And it is very rude to ask a girl's blood type. Are you trying to get into trouble!"

Hanabusa: "Ow...! Why you-."

But then he sees a disappointment look on his face.

Hanabusa: "Um... alright."

Zira: "Good, now please take the chocolates from them and don't ask these types of questions again, is that clear?"

Hanabusa: "Yes."

Hanabusa then looks at Ruka who was looking at Zira. They were planning something.

Back with Kaname.

Girls: "Please accept this."

Kaname: "I'm sorry but... my hands are full. I'm afraid I just can't accept anymore."

Girls: "Oh no! It's alright, please excuse us! We're the ones who are sorry!"

Kaname: "Thanks for understanding."

And with that he walks away with his gifts. He walks past Yuki who was trying to push the girls away that aren't at the stand, Zira helped as much as she could.

Kaname: "Thank you Yuki and Zira."

Yuki: "Sure!" (Is he leaving already?)

Kaname: "Don't get yourselves hurt."

Yuki blushed at this.

Yuki: "I won't!"

Yuki gift was in her bag. She takes it out and wonders if she should just give it to him or not.

Yuki: (I can't believe I missed my chance.)

Zira: "Yuki look out!"

Zira pulled Yuki away from the angry mob while the browned-haired was again daydreaming.

Zira: "Could you please stop dreaming for once and come to reality."

Yuki: "S-sorry Zira."

Then she sees the gift that Yuki was still holding on to.

Zira: "You didn't give your gift?"

Yuki: "Well I... I..."

Zira: "Oh for crying out loud."

Zira snatches the gift box from Yuki's grasp and chases after Kaname.

Yuki: "Zira!?"

Zira: "Kaname! Wait!"

Kaname stops and looks at Zira. She hands the gift box.

Zira: "Yuki made this for you as a thank you. Please accept."

Yuki: "Zira!"

Kaname smiles at her.

Kaname: "Why thank you Yuki."

Yuki: "Um, yes, sure!"

Kaname: "And you as well Zira."

Zira: "Uh Kaname, you know I didn't give you anything right? So why are you thanking me?"

Kaname: "One day you'll understand why."

Zira: (Seriously, what is with this man?)

When he left, Yuki turns around and glares at Zira.

Yuki: "Oh!"

She started punching her.

Yuki: "Why did you give that to him without asking me!?"

Zira: "You wouldn't have the guts to do it, so I did! I didn't have a good sleep last night and had to wear make-up just because you were taking too long in the kitchen and making it difficult for me! Why didn't you hand to him yourself!?!"

Yuki stops and looks away in embarrassment.

Yuki: "I didn't know what to do. I thought it might be awkward if I gave him my gift."

Zira: "Yuki, sis. Why would you think that?"

Yuki: (Because.... He's so different from me.)

Zira sighs and pats her head.

Zira: "I may not know what's going on inside your head. But I do know is that nothing is awkward around you and Kuran. I'm going to the stables to check on Lily, see ya."

Yuki: "Yeah. Don't be late for patrols."

Zira: "I never be late."

And with that, Zira leaves. Yuki in the other hand was once again in deep thought.

Ten years ago.... Kaname did something huge. He saved her life, but she doesn't know. That maybe it was no big deal to him. To him it must have been a small incident. 

"Lord Kaname. Those must be a bother." said Seiren as she extends her hand to remove the chocolates from his hand.

Seiren: "May I hold them?"

Kaname: "You can have them all if you want."

He gives her everything except the gift that Zira and Yuki made together.

Kaname: "This is the only one I want."

He kisses the gift and smells it. It was made with love by the two sisters.

Yuki: "Alright! Now is back to patrol."

Meanwhile with Zira, she was petting and grooming Liliy while talking to Chichi at the same time.

Chichi: "You must have at least one chocolate from the boys?"

Zira: "Sorry Chichi, but the day class boys were handing their gifts to the night class girls."

Chichi: "Aw come on! Even if you're in-day class they are still more popular than you!"

Just then Zira heard noises coming outside and immediately shushed Chichi.

Zira: "Whoever is out there come on out!"

That was when a girl which Zira rescued from falling comes out.

Zira: "Oh, it's you."

Girl: "Um, yeah! I... I just wanted to thank you by... giving you this! Please accept them!"

She hands her chocolate to her. This surprised Zira.

Zira: "Thank you, but aren't you going to give then to one the night class boys?"

Girl: "I did that already. But I also wanted to repay you as well."

Zira smiles and pats her on the head gently.

Zira: "Thank you, I'll happily accept. Now hurry and get back to your dorm."

The girl blushed and nods happily.

Girl: "Yes ma'am!"

And with that she leaves. "You got a gift except it wasn't given by a girl." said Chichi who was a little depressed.

Zira: "Come now, it must be really good."

Later at night, both Yuki and Zira came back together again and did they're usual patrol.

Zira: "Ok Yuki, let's split. I'll go right and you go left."

Yuki: "Are you playing hooker again?"

Zira: "Am not. If we do that then we can cover more ground in case if there is any disturbance in the area."

Yuki: "Alrighty!"

At the night class. Ichijo was reading his letter while Kaname and Seiren were reading their book. That was when Kaname notices that Hanabusa and the others were not there.

Kaname: "Where is everyone?"

Ichijo: "Hm? Oh, right. No one else is here, are they? I wonder where they went."

Kaname in the other hand was not satisfied with this. That was when he remembered Ruka and Hanabusa were staring at Zira and were awfully quiet.

Kaname: "Zira..."

"Huh?" Says Ichijo as both he and Seiren look up at him in why he said one of the disciplinary committee's names.

Kaname: "She is in trouble."

He gets up and leaves the class, followed by Ichijo and Seiren. Meanwhile, Zira was at the lakeside looking at the moonlight.

Zira: "Beautiful as always...."

The voices in her head appeared to her once more.

"Yes, but you mustn't lose focus."

"Stay sharp Zira..."

Zira: "I know...."

Suddenly she sensed someone behind her and backs away from the water and pulling out her rose dagger.

It was the night class students that were surrounding her.

Zira: "Hello night class. May I know what you all want because I haven't finished my patrol yet."

Hanabusa: "You know a little strict and cocky. Zira Kiryu."

Ruka: "You're just a human. And the way you treat lord Kaname..."

Rima: "We really doing this?"

Senri: "Yeah but Takuma said we should leave it alone."

Akatsuki: "Look he's right. Hanabusa, Ruka. If lord Kaname finds out, he'll tear you apart. Zira calm on, just put that thing away please."

Zira: "I will, if you ask your friends to go back to your classes."

Senri & Rima: "So uncool."

Akatsuki: "Shut up."

Zira: "Listen, I understand you respect Kaname a lot. But I'm a student of day class and also part of part of the disciplinary committee. Therefore, I must be strict and cautious to you all. Even to Kaname Kuran as well."

Hanabusa: "See... it's that kinda attitude, that makes people think your cocky."

Hanabusa then freezes the ground. Zira dodges and looks at him anger.

Zira: "Okay, what was that all about!?"

Akatsuki: "Hanabusa. I'm not to blame for what's next...!"

Zira didn't want to fight then and had no time for this when all of a sudden Yuki. appeared.

Yuki: "Hold it right there!"

She lands next to Zira.

Yuki: "Fight is forbidden. Didn't any of you read the student handbook. If you refuse to back down, then as a member of the disciplinary committee you'll have to come through me!"

Akatsuki stepped up as well.

Akatsuki: "Now that she's here...."

Hanabusa: "I'm over it."

Ruka: "Yes, the mood is completely ruined. Let's go back to class."

And with that they all left.

Yuki: "Thank goodness I made it time. Are you alright Zira?"

Zira: "Yeah, I just manage to dodge Hanabusa's ice attack before they reach my legs."

Yuki: "Why would they do that though?"

Zira: "Maybe because I was being a bit cocky to their master which is stupid. Because everyone needs to be treated equal including Kaname...!"

Yuki: "Well, Kaname is important to them...."

Zira: "Yeah, that doesn't his servants go marching and demanding me to stop from scolding."

Yuki: "Zira!"

Zira: "Now don't Zira me Yuki. There are times I need to scold Kaname if he is doing wrong. I know he is very close to the headmaster, but this is a school not a house. And we have rules you know."

Yuki: ".... Your right."

Zira: "Come on. Let's head back to the dorm, it's been a long night for the two of us."

Yuki nods and follows her. Meanwhile with the night class, Kaname sees the others returned and were now in the class.

Ichijo: "Well... it seems that everyone is truly repented.... But fortunately, Zira didn't sustain any damage and Yuki arrived on time to save her."

Kaname in the other hand was silent and was hiding his anger at Ruka and the other four vampires.

Kaname: "I'm disappointed in you five for foolishly doing something as this."

He then looks at the window.

Kaname: "Something happened to her four years ago..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 50 32
Zero Kiryuu had buried his childhood memories, choosing to forget them. But what happens when an old childhood friend returns to his side and reminds...
732K 32.2K 101
Saki is a vampire. She's been one since she was 6. Born a hunter, turned into a vampire, she has a twisted fate. No-one trusts a hunter who is now a...
93 1 25
A retelling of Vampire Knight where Yuki is empowered to make her own decisions: Yuki, daughter of renowned vampire hunter Kaien Cross, has been entr...
1.4K 42 15
In a world where it's already an eye for an eye, a claw for a claw Keiko Amile, a mysterious half ghoul who craves to be free from the CCG for even a...