Star trek lower decks//malere...

By IronDragon19

Space....the final frontier- Oh what the heck, I'll cut it short. YN has join the USS Cerritos as a ensin sec... More

Character Bio (Not a Chapter)
Chp 1: Second Contact
Chp 2: Raging Zombies
Chp 4: Buffer time
Chp 5: Trail by Combat
Chp 6: Moist Vessel
Chp 7: Among us
Chp 8: Badgey
Chp 9: The Farm
Chp 10: The Trial
Announcement (Not a chapter.)
Chp 11: Crisis Point?
Chp 11: Definitely Crisis Point
Chp 12: Unexpected Foe
Book 2, Chp 1: A Fine Addition
Book 2, Chp 2: Cat Problem
Book 2, Chp 3: Planet of Mugato
Book 2, Chp 4: Trash day
Book 2, Chp 5: Rogue AI
Book 2, Chp 6: Ship Training Drills
book 2, Chp 7: Bridge Buddy
Book 2, Chp 8: First Contact
Book 3, Chp 1: Risk it or not
Book 3, Chp 2: Mining The Mind's Mines
Book 3, Chp 3: One Brain, Two Minds
Book 3, Chp 4: Hear All, Trust Nothing
Book 3, Chp 5: A Strange New World
Book 3, chp 6: A Strange New World. Part 2
Book 3, Chp 7: Project Swing By
Book 3, Chp 8: Cali vs Tex
Book 4, Chp 1: Tuvix
Book 4, Chp 2: Death By Cuteness
Book 4, Chp 3: A Warmest Date
Book 4, Chp 4: Green Wedding
Book 4, Chp 5: Drunken Crew
Book 4, Chp 6: Ai worst fear...
Book 4, Chp 7: Rock and Stone
Book 4, Chp 8: Inner Fight
Book 4, Chp 9: No Sacrifice, No Victory (Finale.)

Chp 3: Read or Experience

1.5K 58 14
By IronDragon19

3rd POV

The lower deck gang except for Boimler are in a room repairing some couple things. YN is fixing the shuttle from underneath, Rutherford is in the tubes for repairs, Tendi fixing the bracelet device, and Mariner is just chilling while watching the tablet as she laughs.

Tendi: What you watching?

Mariner: Oh, its this video of Vice Admiral Gibson falling of a stage during peace negotiations.

YN: (Slides out from under the shuttle.) Oh man, I saw that before. It was hilarious when he did it twice.

Mariner: You got to check it out.

Mariner shows Tendi the tablet where the Vice admiral fell down twice which made them laugh until Boimler enters with a smile on his face.

Boimler: Guess which command ensign just scored the best assignment on the ship?

Tendi: Uh, Castro?

Boimler: No, not Castro.

Mariner: Ugh, too bad. She's the best.

Boimler: Castro's overrated. Just because she served on the Enterprise for like one minute-

Tendi: Oh, was it P'jok? That guy can do anything, and what a snack. (Kitty crowl.)

Boimler: No! Its me. I got it! I'm the guy that got it, okay?

YN: So what's the assignment anyway? Going to a cave filled with crystals powers? Fighting a giant worm monster in a cave? Or peace negotiations with the miners in the cave?

Mariner: What is up with you about the caves?

YN: What? Crazy things happen in the caves more than space.

Boimler: No, I'm gonna be piloting General K'orin down to Tulgana 4.

Tendi: (Curious.) K'orin. How do I know that name?

Boimler: Maybe because he's like one of the most decorated, battle-hardened Klingon warriors in history?

Mariner: Or maybe its just 'cause all Klingon names sound the same? Like, they all have an apostrophe for some reason.

Tendi: Yes! That's it.

YN: Its weird, right?

Mariner: You'll get use to it.

Boimler: Well, clearly I'm being rewarded for all the hours I log into the simulator.

Mariner: Your idea of a reward is an escort run? Oh, you have the bar set way too low. What's punishment? Something actually fun? What is wrong with you?

YN: When it comes to Klingon, I'd keep out of it.

Tendi: You have something against Klingon?

YN: Its not that I hate them, its just that they're so obsessed with "glory, honor, and warriors death." I mean give it a break or at least think before you do charge at some poison monsters or something.

Boimler: Look, all I know is I'll be flying down to a bustling, exotic planet while you're stuck right here.

Mariner: Uh check yourself. It doesn't get more exotics than this.

YN: A room filled with junks?

Boimler: All right, noboy talks to me. I gotta brush up on my formal Klingon greetings, okay?

Boimler begins to practice speaking Klingon shouting before leaving as Mariner left as well.

YN: Where are you going?

Mariner: Nothing, just gonna go meet up with someone.

YN: Aight.

YN was about to get back to fixing the shuttle until he saw Rutherford come out of the tube.

Rutherford: Well, if you see an unaligned EPS conduit, don't call me. Mine are aligned as hell.

Rutherford hops off and sits down before Tendi ask.

Tendi: Wait aren't there like a hundred of those? How long have you been in there?

Rutherford: (Smiles.) A solid week. Crawling through cramped ducts, prying open panels, and adjusting red-hot power cables. Look, look, look, I've got blister on my blister.

YN: (Surprise.). Solid week? How aren't you starve in the tubes?

Rutherford: I put a replicator in the tubes so I don't have to go back and forth.

YN: Huh, not bad. No wonder we haven't seen you during lunch.

Rutherford: Yeah, but the real problem is where to find it. But in the end, I enjoy my work.

Tendi: (Smiles.) Oh, wow. You must be so relieved to be done.

Rutherford: Oh, I'm not done. Now I get to recalibrate everything. That's another 3, 4 days in the tubes!

Tendi: Oh, but I thought we were all gonna watch the Trivoli pulsar together?

YN: She has a point right there. We all agreed to that. Boimler is out since he just got an assignment recently.

Rutherford: Oh, I did promise I'd do that.

Tendi: Well, don't worry. Some people agree to do stuff when they don't actually mean they're going to do it.

Rutherford: No, no, no, no. I'm starfleet. I never go back on my word. Eh...you know, if I quit my job in engineering and switch divisions, I wouldn't have to be in the tubes at all.

YN: You don't have to if you don't want. I mean you enjoyed being engineering. Not to be rude.

Rutherford: That's all right. Besides, we're all friends.

Tendi: (Smiles.) Really!? Oh you can do that?

Rutherford: Sure, when's the pulsar?

YN: 0800.

Tendi: Ah, this really means a lot! I don't have a lot of friends yet and doing science on my own really bums me out. So thanks Rutherford.

Rutherford: All right. Looks like I just have to find a new career. (Chuckels nervous.)

YN: Hey, I'm sure you'll be fine. You can always jump back to engineering after the pulsar. What could go wrong? 

Rutherford: Yeah, you're right. I'll jump back in after the pulsar. Any division I should try?

YN: I don't know. Maybe try security last after you try the others.

Tendi: Why? Is it dangerous?

YN: Nah, security will test you first before joining in.

Rutherford: Got it, I'll keep that in mind.

YN: Best of luck.

Rutherford nods before going back to the tubes for shortcuts.

YN: Guess its just you and me-

Just then YN got a message from his assignment table and he checks it out which made his eyes widen.

YN: Are you kidding me, I'm gonna escort General K'orin down to Tulgana 4!?

Tendi: I thought Boimler was the only one.

YN: I guess they just need some extra security in case things go wrong.

Tendi: Oh...

YN: Hey don't worry, its just gonna be a quick run. In and out. I'll be back on time for pulsar before you know it.

Tendi: Oh thanks, YN.

Tendi hugs him before she left while YN cleans off the oil his hands got from fixing the shuttle. Soon he went to change a new yellow uniform from the other since it was a mess after fixing the shuttle before meeting up with Boimler.

YN POV

I have no idea why exactly was I assign to this but duty call unless it goes to a disaster. Then again its just an escorting General K'orin. When I got to the hangar, I also saw Mariner at the shuttle and playing with the shield as.

YN: Hey guys.

Boimler: What, you too!?

YN: Got assigned with this mission as well. And by the looks of it, it looks like you got it too.

Mariner: Well I did say I'm gonna meet with someone.

Boimler: She actually pull some string to get assign to this mission as well.

YN: (Shrugs.) I guess I'm okay with this mission since its you guys.

Time skip

Its been around 30 minutes since I got here, right now I'm just checking out some things on the tablet to kill time while Boimler checks himself on the reflected window makes sure he looks good until Mariner was...sleep talking?

Mariner: (Sleep talking.) Buried alive...marooned for eternity... Moons of nibia...

Well that's a first. No wonder I kept waking up in the middle of the night. Just then Boimler wakes her up by shaking her.

Mariner: (Wakes up.) Oh, sorry. I keep having this awesome dream.

YN: (Sarcasm.) Care to share it?

Mariner: Maybe later.

Boimler: General K'orin is gonna be here any second. Let me do the talking. I've been studying him all day.

Mariner: Is he single?

YN: Why, so you can marry him?

Boimler: Will you guys just!- (Deep breath.) Rend it in. We need to show him deference and respect.

3rd POV

Just then the door shuttle open only to reveal General K'orin with a serious look. Mariner also shared a same look as Boimler went to greet the general.

Boimler: General K'orin. It is an honor to escort you, sir. Allow me to say...Nuqneh-

Suddenly Mariner charges at the general, only to kick him right to the face. K'orin attacks back while Boimler panic and watch and YN was just leaning against the wall like everything is normal until mariner snatches K'orin dagger and jumps behind him to place the blade to the generals throat.

Boimler: Mariner, what are you doing!?

Suddenly they both laugh which made Boimler confused as they let go of each other.

K'orin: (Laughs.) Starfleet has made you soft, Mariner.

Mariner: Ha! Not as soft as your ngech, K'orin!

YN: Same old Klingon greetings.

They both laugh before Boimler ask that they knew each other.

Mariner: Yeah. We did some off-the-books gray ops stuff back in the day.

Boimler: We're like the same age. Back in what day?

K'orin: (To Mariner.) Now they've got you pushing pads on a ship full of children.

YN: Sorry, what?

Mariner: (Ignores.) Well, can't beat 4 weeks shore leave.

Boimler: (Clears throat.) Well, general, as I was saying, Nuq-

He was then cut off when general tosses his weapon to Boimler which was a bit too heavy for him.

Boimler: (Grunts.) Okay. Yeah, just holding your sword then.

YN: (Sigh.) Let's just get this over with and fast.

YN shut the shuttle door and Boimler pilots it while Mariner and the general are having their conversation. When they're close to Tulgana 4, both Mariner and the general are drinking flagons and singing in Klingon.

Boimler: Where did you even get flagons?

YN: Shuttles have replicators too, remember?

K'orin: Boys! Land in little Qo'nos! I want gagh!

Boimler: Uh, well, my orders were actually to deliver you to the federation outpost so you could-

Mariner: Copilot, just set us down in the Klingon district. The man wants hot worms.

YN: Okay, fine. We'll make a quick stop. But after that, straight to the federation outpost.

K'orin: So long as I got hot worms. Haha!

Boimler: Coming right up.

Boimler set course to the Klingon district before K'orin speaks to Mariner.

K'orin: Do you remember Jaxxa Prime, the commander who didn't believe you about rectal insectoids?

Mariner: Ha! Yeah, I got chewed out, but his ass got chewed up!

This made K'orin spill flagons out of his mouth and landed on the boys before he laughs. Boimler takes a deep breath to control himself as YN hands napkin to boimler to clean himself out before they got contact from Tulgana 4 security.

Security: Federation shuttlecraft, this is Tulgana 4 space traffic control. Landing code challenge epsilon.

Boimler: Transmitting confirmation on secure channel gamma sev...

He was then interrupt from Mariner and K'orin laughing too much which makes him frustrated.

Boimler: Will you two please be quiet so we don't get shot out of the sky?- Whoa!

K'orin throw his dagger at the shuttle control, but lucky it didn't completely damage the control too much.

Even so, it also made YN frustrated.

YN: Hey, watch it! Are you trying to get us shot!?

Boimler: Sending confirmation code now. Thank you.

YN: (Sigh.) Klingons...

Once they send the codes, they landed in the landing zone near Klingon district. They exit the shuttle except for K'orin who's drunk sleep.

Mariner: (Deep breath.) Hm, the smell of a Klingon district. We'll have to get the shuttle washed for sure.

YN: I'm not gonna clean up the mess I didn't make.

Boimler: If anyone asks, this was your call.

Mariner: Okay, snippy.

Boimler: Ooh yeah, I'm snippy. Drinking, landing in an unsecured district? That's how you choose represent Starfleet?

Mariner: Me and the general are blood-bonded. It would've been weird if I acted all stuffy.

Boimler: He's passed out and he pooped on his sword!

Mariner: He's a lightweight. I mean, don't sweat it. We'll get him a hot cup of Raktajino, he will be ready to go.

YN: Okay, let's just get this over with, you guy go grab what he requested along with that while I'll check his condition-

Suddenly the drunk general pilot the shuttle.

Boimler: Oh, no, no, no!

YN: Hey!

YN jumps on the shuttle to try and stop it, but the general was too drunk to fly the ship which made YN falls off the ship and landed at the ground.

YN: Are you kidding me!?

Mariner: Ha, classic K'orin. Ah, he did this on Vulcan. And on earth. He steals a lot of things.

Boimler: We are stranded here because of your recklessness! Oh, relax, we can just beam back to the Cerritos and remotely triggered the return autopilot

Mariner tries to contact Cerritos but failed before Boimler explains the situation.

Boimler: Sure, yeah, if Tulgana 4 wasn't protected by an ion field that restricts comms and transporters!

YN: Don't tell me you didn't read the mission brief before you join the mission.

Mariner: I'm sorry, I skimmed almost most of it and read some of the captions, so-

YN: Okay enough. There's still time, which is enough to find him. We'll just track down the shuttle.

YN pulls out the device to track their shuttle.

Boimler: How are we gonna find it?

YN: I put a tracking device on the shuttle in case we ever need it. Which I was right.

Mariner: Wait since when did you put a tracking device on the shuttle?

YN: When you two were drinking and Boimler was flying the shuttle.

Mariner: Aha! I Knew I picked the right guy for this situation.

YN: You what?

YN says in a serious tone as he glares at her, knowing that he wants answers right now.

Mariner: Oh relax. I took some precaution if things went down which you're welcome.

YN: Okay, for the sake of our friendship, I'm gonna let that slide. Let's just focus on finding him and make sure he doesn't cause any damage.

They nod agreement before they begin tracking the shuttle which is heading to the Klingon district. However, the signal seems to be scrambling as they head to the market. Having no other choice but to ask a few questions even to Klingons.

  Luckily Mariner seems to speak in their tone where as Boimler does his best, but somehow fail. This is because that Boimler may have studied by reading a lot of their behavior, but he hasn't experience it before. Soon they arrive to a fountain and YNs device was out of power.

YN: Great, powers dead.

Mariner: Ooh, guess you forgot to charge it before we head out.

YN: Hm, perhaps if someone had a crystal with raw energy power, I might've use it for this.

Mariner: Hey I needed that for my new tricorder.

YN: There's plenty of batteries for your tricorder!

Mariner: And you could've use those!

YN: Ugh, I'm gonna have to find something to power it if we're gonna find the shuttle along with K'orin.

Mariner: Too bad the ones we passed by doesn't have one.

Boimler: I can't believe I messed up so bad with that Taxor. I've read like five books about them.

Mariner: Hey, don't sweat it, B. I got you.

Boimler: That's even worse. You didn't study them at all.

Mariner: I study by doing, you know? Maybe you need to spend less time in the library and more time letting Boimler get nasty.

Boimler: No, I need to up my studies, spend even more time in the library.

YN: There's a huge difference between learning from the book and learning from experience.

Boimler: Well at least we can agree on something.

YN: However, you gotta be between those two. At least that's how I roll.

Mariner: Whatever, man. Just hang out here for a second. I gotta go Blood-pee some blood wine, maybe get some intel on the general.

YN: While you're at it, I'm gonna go look for something to power my tracking device. Let's meet back here soon.

They all get separated to find anything useful to find where the general is at while Boimler stays at the fountain. Just then a lady with red clothes spotted Boimler and sat next to him.

Lady: (Smirk.) Oh. I see we both have a thing for red.

Boimler: Uh, me, what, red, what?

Lady: Your shirt. We match.~

Boimler: Oh. Uh, yes, well, this is my work shirt and I'm Ensign-

Lady: Ensign Brad Boimler. I know. I can sense your thoughts, your desires. (Whispers.) I know you like jamaharon.~

Boimler: (Stammer and blush.) I uh well uh I did....

Their faces grew close together as they were about to ki-

Boimler: MARINER WHAT THE HELL!?

Mariner: That thing is an Anabaj, its gonna implant eggs in your throat dummy!

Boimler: (Confused.) What are you-

Anabaj: Hissss!

This made Boimler jump back to see her true form.

Anabaj: (Venom voice.) Hiss! I know you still want it! I can hear your nasty boy thoughts. Jamaharon! This boy wants jamaharon!

Mariner scares it off with water as it runs away by climbing away.

Mariner: (Shout.) Love your sarong. (To Boimler.) You okay, Boims?

Boimler: Yeah, I just...I-I've never even heard of an Anabaj. How did you know?

Mariner: Affinity for red, drawn to the weak-minded, plus I kinda dated one once, but only to make my mom mad.

Boimler: Weak-minded?

Mariner grabs his wrist and runs.

Mariner: An Andorian in the bathroom said the General's at a bar just down the road come on.

Boimler: Wait, what about YN?

Mariner: No time, we gotta catch the general fast. Come on, you can tell me about Jamaharon later.

YN POV

I manage to find raw power batter for my tracking device from doing arm wrestle at the buyer. I went to meet up my friends back at the fountain but then they were gone.

YN: Seriously? Just a few minutes and they're gone!?

Just then I notice a lady looking at me. So I decided to ask her.

YN: Hey, have you seen others with a shirt like mine but red?

Lady: Oh, you have a liking of red? So do I.~

YN: Excuse me, what?

Lady: I've seen them, but they were gone. But you got me.- hmph!

I immediately punch the lady in the face.

YN: You're not my type. So go implant eggs on a dead corpse if you ever did care!

Anabaj: Hiss!

YN: You want broken teeth's or what!?

The anabaj runs away. Sheesh, these guys ain't gonna have a family if they're gonna keep doing that. I've already wasted enough time here. I'll just have to find the shuttle on my own. Hope the others at least find general K'orin in case he's not at the shuttle.

  Soon the tracker has reach to its destination where I see the shuttle is down but in good condition. Just in time for Boimler and Mariner to arrive.

YN: Oh, good. You guys got here on time. Where did you guys go anyway?

Mariner: Had to take a shortcut, that's all.

Boimler: And we also got run into a ferengi during the way. (Smirk.) Which Mariner almost fell for his trick without me.

YN: Huh, I guess your studies really did paid off.

Boimler: Ha! At least someone admits it.

Mariner: Okay yeah whatever.

Mariner grabs and throws away the bills attached to the shuttle.

Mariner: Bye, bye.

Boimler: Isn't that illegal?

Mariner: What are they gonna do, send me a bill in space?

YN: Doubt they'd even know it.

Boimler: Fair enough. If we gun it we can just make it back in time.

YN: Wait, you guys hear that?

3rd POV

They check inside the shuttle and see its General K'orin is snoring.

Boimler: Oh man, he drank everything!

YN: He's dead drunk.

Boimler: What do we do?

Mariner: Grab a leg. Let's drag him out and leave him by the front door, unless you don't think that's Starfleet enough.

Boimler: It isn't, but let's do it.

YN: You guys take him to the front while I prep this shuttle.

They both quickly drag the general to the front door as YN preps the shuttle. Just in time for the others to come back before they take off and left Tulgana 4 and head back to Cerritos.

Mariner: Whew, what a day! Man, that escort mission kind of went off the rails, huh?

YN: Well, it could've been worse. But mission was a success

Boimler: Sure did.

Mariner: Can't believe I didn't realize that was a Ferengi in the park.

YN: What was that ferengi doing at the park anyway?

Mariner: You know, trying to steal and all. You know how it is.

YN: Forget I ask.

Mariner: (To Boimler.) Hey, uh, so do you think maybe...maybe, fun idea, we could just keep it between us?

Boimler: For sure. We're in a circle of trust. This is a shuttle of silent.

5 minutes later...

Some of the crew in the bar were laughing from Boimler telling them how Mariner was almost fooled by a Ferengi while Mariner was disappointed that he told them. Soon she left with a smile on her face while they were still laughing.

Meanwhile with YN, he went to meet up with Tendi and Rutherford at the other side of the bar.

YN: So did I miss the pulsar?

Tendi: No, there's still time.

YN: Awesome! So we're all going?

Rutherford: Guys, I'm sorry. I tried to make it work in another division, but I just couldn't do it. I belong to the tubes. I'm not gonna be able to watch the pulsar with you guys.

Tendi: Oh, OK. You sure? I mean I'm pretty sure someone else can work on the tubes for the moment, at least after the pulsar.

Rutherford: I could. But all those recalibration could be sitting and waiting.

YN: Hey, even Securities takes a moment to notice the flowers before battle. But hey, its your choice, so we're not gonna argue. That's why we have this for you.

YN pulls out the pulsar picture for him.

Rutherford: What, no way. For me?

YN: It was Tendi's idea to get a photo for you.

Tendi: In case you didn't have time for the pulsar.

Rutherford: Aw, thanks you guys.

YN: Hey, what are friends for? I also heard you put up a good fight at the security training.

Rutherford: It was good, but I'll stick with engineering. We'll talk about it sometimes. Adventure in the tubes awaits!

Rutherford left with the picture before YN and Tendi talk.

Tendi: Nice work with the photo.

YN: It was your idea. I just had to find a place to make one. I'm just glad he didn't have to change division against his will.

Tendi: You're right. Come on, I don't wanna miss it.

YN nod before they left the bar and finds a place to sit to see the Pulsar as they're amazed to see.

Tendi: (Smiles.) Wow. Isn't it amazing?

YN: Yeah. Beautiful thing worth to watch.

Tendi: You know. Times like this makes you feel like the galaxy has a lot of beauty worth to watch.

YN: Yeah. Sometimes I wish I can just fly to stars and beyond. But this is better. Since I get to be with friends.

Tendi: (Smiles.) Thanks YN.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 60 19
The date is August 9th, 2381. D'Vana Tendi is welcoming a new crew member to the USS Cerritos. His name is Lewis Edmund Kellard. His parents, Zack an...
1.4K 74 56
For centuries, the human race has been at the mercy of deep space. While on Earth, scientists discovered the Ice Age would be occurring much sooner t...
649 79 26
in which the crew of the vision finds you as the sole survivor of a classified research facility and there's more gaps in your memory than memories t...
3.7K 215 29
For as long as I could remember (All 17 years of my life) I, James Solmaxton (but you can call me Solmax) have felt different from everybody else her...