Pink {Baxter Radic}

De Random_writer_x

What happens when Summer Waves is flown over 9,000 miles away from her home, to Shorehaven, Australia? The an... Mais

Information
Selection
Team Bonding
Wait for it
A seat at the table
Purge
Suck it up

Promise

68 1 0
De Random_writer_x

I woke up to find myself alone.
"Bax?" I mumbled.
I lifted my head, his shoes were gone. Slowly I unzipped the tent to be met by the sound of the others talking, but I couldn't hear Bax's voice, the only voice I wanted to hear. I yawned, when suddenly, I heard my name.
Poppy: "Summer!"
She came rushing towards me.
Poppy: "Summer, come on! Everyone is already heading down to the beach!"
"Oh, shit!" I laughed. "Okay, I'll meet you down there, just let me get ready!"
Poppy: "Okay, hurry though, Elo's pissed!"

I quickly got changed into my bikini, in my tent. then put my wetsuit over the top, letting it sit at my waist. I unzipped my tent. Oh, my, God! There was a surfboard lying on the grass, it was the one me and Baxter had worked on! I couldn't accept that..

I grabbed my own board from the rack and jogged down to the beach.

Everyone was stood on the beach, but I caught up to Baxter as he approached the others.
"Ah, just the person I was looking for!"
Baxter: "There you are." He sighed. "You were looking for me?"
"No. I was looking for the other hot, pink haired surfer boy." I said, sarcastically.
Baxter: "You think I'm hot?"
"Shut up." I laughed, playfully pushing his chest.
Baxter: "You think I'm hot." He repeated.
"Was that not obvious?" I joked.
He shrugged, as he laughed.
"Considering I kissed you twice.."
Baxter: "Yeah, but I initiated both of them."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to initiate the next one?"
He just smirked.
I just stared up at him.
Baxter: "I love the way you say next one.."
I rolled my eyes as I smiled.

We then walked into the middle of the group.
Baxter found himself near Ari, who Wren suddenly appeared next to.
Wren: "Hey! I went to your tent last night and you weren't there. Should I be worried or just humiliated?"
Ari: "No, neither. Um... I was just a bit wired up after that purge thing." He said, eyeing me. "So I went for a walk."
Wren: "In the dark?"
Ari: "Well, I had my head torch."
Elo: Alright, girls, let's gear up for pairs training! I want Summer and Poppy verse Wren and Bodhi.
Wren and Ari continued to talk, I held Baxter's muscular arm, pulling him away from them slightly so we could talk.
"So, when I woke up there was this dope board outside my tent." I smiled.
He smirked, as he looked down at me.
Baxter: "You like it?"
"I'm sorry. I can't take it, Bax." I sighed. "It's too much."
Baxter: "It's alright, you can always donate it." He joked.
"I'm serious, Bax. I can't take it." I said, placing my hands on his chest. "Just take it back, it's yours."
Baxter: "Yeah." He nodded. "And I'm giving it to you. It's called a gift, I don't know if you have those back in London." He smiled.
"Bax!"
Baxter: "Just take it, please, Summer.. I made it just for you.."
"Fine.." I sighed. "But it better bring me good luck!" I teased.

Elo: "Then for the boys, I want Griff and Tommy, verse Bax and Ari."

Baxter placed his hand on my lower back, as we re approached Ari, who was now alone again.
Baxter: "Howdy, partner. Let's talk about the game plan, okay? Do you want to go first, or are you more of a finisher?"
Oh god, I knew where this was going..
Baxter: "'Cause I can't tell which tent you're in these days."
Ari: "Oh, mate, last night, me and Summer just had some stuff to work out." He said, pointing to me.
Baxter: "Mate, Summer's already talking to someone, and hint, it's not you."
Ari didn't respond.
Baxter: "But if you don't tell Wren what's going on, I'll go first."
I huffed.
"Come on." I said, placing my hand on Bax's arm. "I need to wax my board."
He nodded at me. He took one last glance at Ari before walking away with me.

As I was waxing my board, Baxter sat next to me, Elo started to speak again.
Elo: "The first riders are out there to make a statement - to dominate the break and psych out their rivals. They wanna get the best score they can, as fast as they can. Now, second riders, you need to stay cool and trust that your partners will not leave you hanging."

Our training finished quite quickly, as we still needed to take a team picture, in our new team uniform.
We all got changed inside our tents then gathered back on the beach.
We all stood in a line, I was between Baxter and Ari.
Elo: "Looks great. Maybe just scooch in a little bit more and then I can go over here."
I moved closer to Bax.
"Yeah, all we need for the newspaper is just a photo of the whole state team with the ocean in the background." Our photographer said.
Elo: "Alright, Team Vic, let's show off our new uniforms!"
"Okay, cool. Everyone get in nice and tight, scooch in a bit for me. Give me something that's cover-page worthy."
I tried to leave as much space as possibly between me and Ari, who had Wren's arms around him. Baxter looked down at me, hooking his arm around my waist, as we stood as close as possible.
Elo: "Everyone say winning!"
"Winning!" We all shouted, smiling.
The camera clicked.
"Alright, great, got it." The man said.

I quickly walked over to my board, while Baxter disappeared somewhere else.
Elo: "Hey, Summer." She said, approaching me.
I nodded at her.
Elo: "So, I'm gonna change it up for Nationals. You and Wren are gonna be my girls pair. It's a killer combo." She told me, excitedly.
"Whoa, whoa. Is this like punishment for not waking up early?"
Elo: "What? No."
"Well, with all due respect, Coach, your sister hates me. And that situation is not about to improve."
Elo: "Sounds like the feeling's mutual."
"I'm gonna plead the fifth on that one."
Elo: "I'm doing this for a reason. You are a talent, but Wren is in a different league. You can sit around resenting her, or you can use that fire to overtake her."
"I thought it was about trust. Working together?" I questioned.
Elo: "Well, working together also means pushing each other. If you want a future in surfing, you have to be the very best. And if you don't, what are you even here for?"
I sighed, she was right.
"Fine."
Elo: "Great!" She smiled, before walking back over to the photographer.

It was finally time for us to head home, of course, Baxter gave me a ride back to my house, but something was different about this car ride..

I arrived at Poppy's, to hear Poppy screaming and Manu cleaning boards for his tentanui surf school. I had decided I needed Manu's help.

Poppy: "Manu! Why do we never have any food in the fridge?!" She shouted, from inside.
Manu: "'Cause I'm not your butler." I heard him sigh.
I laughed.
Manu: "Oi, what's going on at this training camp? Some stroppy Poppy going on up there." He said, placing the now clean board onto the rack.
"Yeah, it was intense." I replied.
Manu: "Yeah? Do I need to have a word with Elo or what?"
"I'm just not sure I get her coaching style."
Manu: "Okay. I'm listening."
"Well, I heard you helped Ari last year when he was struggling and I'm feeling a little, not, myself."
Manu: "What I'm hearing is that they should've made me coach."
"Yes, Manu, this is all about you." I smiled.
Manu: "Okay, sweet. Let's go unscramble." He sighed.

Me and Manu were sat on the beach together, our legs crossed and our eyes closed.
Manu: "The ocean is a place of contradictions. Full of patterns, chaos. Danger and joy. Most of the time conditions can be tricky, unpredictable. But you should also be open to perfection. Now, that is what visualisation is all about."
"When did you get so hippy?" I laughed, opening my eyes to look at him.
Manu: "Shh. Close your eyes. I want you to imagine the perfect day on this break. What do you see? What do you hear? What do you feel?" He paused.

I imagined myself out on the water, with my board. The sun was setting, I could see dolphins in the distance.

Manu: "Now there's a wave coming. It's your wave. And you're about to have the perfect ride on the last pulse of energy from a ripple that started 10,000km across the sea." He paused again.

This time, I pictured myself getting onto my board, swimming out towards the approaching wave. I could see myself, gliding across the water, turning, gracefully.

Manu: "Out here.. the ocean will provide you with the clarity you need to see through the noise and truly connect." He paused, once more.

I had just come down from the wave and was staring at the now small ripple. Suddenly, I spotted someone, Baxter. He sat up on his board and a huge smile spread on my face.

Manu: "Out here.. on your perfect break.. all you really want will reveal itself."

What I what, who I want. Baxter.

"Wow." I sighed.
Manu: "Harder than you thought?"
"Mhm." I lied.
Manu: "It's tough to achieve what you can't imagine. Let's try again." He breathed out.

Me and Manu arrived back at their house. We looked through the glass sliding doors to see her and Marlon in the kitchen, their hands in each others.
"Busted!" I shouted sliding open the door. "This is kinda cute though, I have to admit." I said pointing to the two of them.
Poppy took a sip of her drink.
Manu: "Okay, who's up for a gym sesh?" He said, clapping his hands together.
Poppy: "Why? So you can crush me under a barbell like you did with Marlon?" She said, annoyed, her goat statue and drink in hand, she stormed past us.
Manu: "That was a friendly chat about responsibility!" He defended.
She rolled her eyes, slamming her bedroom door.
Manu: "Okay.." He sighed.
"Give her a bit of time on her own, then I'll talk to her." I told him.
Him and Marlon nodded in agreement.

I was sat on Poppy's bed, my back against the wall and a pillow on my lap, while Poppy was lying down next to me, on her stomach, resting to look up at me, on her elbows.
"First off, mazels. You and Brazil, so cute it's almost gross." I told her, excitedly. "But is that why Bodhi went off on you?" I asked.
Poppy: "Probably." She sighed. "I think she saw us together. And I hadn't told her anything." She explained.
"Right. Yeah, that'll do it." I nodded.
Poppy: "There's barely anything to tell. Like, It's really new, so..
"Yeah. Well, just say that and say you're sorry and should be good."
Poppy: "If anything, I think she should be the one to apologise to me. Ever since her and Wren got really tight she's been acting really weird."
"Well, you know how I feel about that one, so.."
Poppy: "Wait. So, did Baxter actually shape you a board?"
"Yes. It's like, I'm not just hot and cool, here's another green flag!"
Poppy: "Wow! You and Wren's brother. Sounds like a lot."
"It's more than a lot! The other night Ari may have come to my tent.."
Poppy: "Shut up!" She said slapping my leg.
"It's not what you think! He tried to kiss me.. but I pushed him away!"
Poppy: "Summer Waves!"
"And Baxter may have spotted him coming out of tent.."
Poppy: "Oh my, God!"
"And me and Bax may have kissed, after I told him that I pushed Ari away of course! And I may have also told him that he's the one I want to be with.."
Poppy: "Summer!" She squealed.
"I know!" I squealed in response. "To be honest, it was so, so incredibly hot!" I laughed.
Poppy: "This is crazy!"
"I know." I replied, beaming like a kid.
Poppy: "So, I'm assuming Ari and Wren aren't, like, polyamorous.."
"Noooo. No, no."
Poppy: "If Wren finds out, our team will go up in flames like one of your barbecues."
"Funny." I said rolling my eyes. "But for once it's not my fault, he tried to kiss me."
Poppy: "I don't think Wren will see it like that."
"Well then, that girl needs to buy a pair of glasses." I joked and Poppy laughed.
"But it seems like Ari's gonna break up with her."
Poppy: "So.. he wants you be with him?"
"Yeah.." I sighed. "But I wanna be with Baxter."
Poppy: "Aw!"
"Shut up!" I laughed, hitting her with the pillow from my lap.

Me and Poppy had gotten ready at her house, for Wren's birthday party that Ari was now throwing apparently?! Poppy was wearing this super cute yellow crop top and long white slowly skirt, while I was wearing a short black satin dress. It was super nice and looked amazing!

(Without the bag and with a pair of black strappy heels)

I had just arrived at Ari's, while Poppy was going to be arriving a little later. I saw Baxter up on some ladders, putting up a banner. He was wearing a striped pink shirt, black cargos and his pair of black converse.
Wren: "A little lower, I reckon." She said, holding the ladders.
Baxter: "Can you just make up your mind already?"
"How long you been up there, Bax?" I smiled, approaching the two.
Baxter: "A while." He laughed, looking down at me.
"I can believe it."
Wren rolled her eyes.
Baxter adjusted the banner again.
Wren: "Okay, stop! Yeah. That's perfect. Higher up. See?"
Ari: "Hey, Summer!" He called. "Come here!" He said waving.
Baxter looked down at me.
"Um, yeah. Be right there!" I called, in response, but not turning to look away from Bax.
Baxter nodded and sighed as I turned and began to walk towards Ari.
He jogged over to me and quickly began to talk.
Ari: "Hey. I tried to get Wren away to talk, but.. yesterday was just no good. It was just terrible timing. I think it's better for everyone if we wait till after Nationals."
"You mean better for you? There's no we. Ari."
Ari: "Yeah." He nodded.
"Shouldn't you break up with her or something, not throw her a party!"
Ari sighed.
"Look, if you don't tell her soon, Baxter will. You're messing his sister around, even if she is a little devil, he's not gonna let it happen."
Ari: "You're right. So I'm not gonna give him another reason." He said, quickly hurrying away.
I rolled my eyes.
Suddenly, Honey appeared next to me.
Honey: "Did you know wrens are very territorial?"
"I can believe it." I smiled at her. "I'm gonna go say hi to Abbie." I did placing my hand on her shoulder before heading off towards the house.

"Hey, ab." I smiled, entering the kitchen.
Abbie: "Summer! You're here."
"Yeah." I sighed, nodding.
Abbie: "So.. what's going on?" She paused. "I take it you didn't get a gift for Wren?"
"The surf shop was clean out of arsenic."
Abbie: "Right." She laughed.
I looked at the counter, there was a jug of pinkish punch. It had a lid on, which makes me believe it may not be for us kids.
I looked back to Abbie, she had her back to me as she looked at the dips in the fridge.
I grabbed the jug and rushed out of the kitchen.
"See you in a bit!" I called.
Abbie: "Oh, bye!" I heard her shout before I shut the front door.

I sipped it happily as I walked away from the house.
Marlon: "Hey! England!"
I turned to see Marlon walking towards me, Baxter next to him.
"What's up, Brazil?" I nodded at him.
Baxter waited until he reached me before he spoke.
"Hey, princess." He whispered putting his arm around me.
I rolled my eyes, but couldn't hide my smile.
Marlon: "I just wanted to say that you don't clean up terribly." He laughed.
"Thanks, Brazil." I said, sarcastically.
Baxter: "What he meant was, you look absolutely gorgeous."
"Thank you, Bax." I smiled, as he placed a gentle kiss on the side of my head.
Marion: "Um, that's new."
"So is you and Pops."
Baxter: "Dude, you and Poppy?!"
Marlon smiled.
"Well, with that, I'm gonna head to the shed." I announced.
Bax removed his arm from around me and I continued on my way to the shed.

Abbie had been encouraging me to try some art so it was all set up in there. I placed the punch down on the table, set up the radio and quickly got to work, splattering paint onto a canvas.

I was completely zoned out, when suddenly the music stopped. I spun around to see Baxter stood next to the radio.
Baxter: "Heard great things about art therapy." He chuckled.
"Don't interrupt a master at work." I smiled.
I watched as he walked towards me past the rack of surfboards.
Baxter: "You didn't throw it out yet. Although it has been relegated to the back shed." He said, pointing to the board he had made for me.
"Why didn't you just say it was for me?"
Baxter: "Cause it wasn't ready yet. It wasn't perfect. I might have to thin out the rails on the next one."
I smiled as I listened to him, I picked up the punch off of the table.
"Abbie's special punch? It's delicious." I said, blowing a chef's kiss.
Baxter: "Ah, it's not my thing but don't let me stop you."
"I won't." I smiled. "But I think should, don't feel like getting plastered tonight." I laughed, placing it back on the table.
Baxter walked over to me. I hopped up onto the table and sat down, my legs dangling. Baxter leaned his hip against the table beside me, as he looked down at me.

Suddenly Poppy came rushing in.
Poppy: "I can't be out there with Wren and Bodhi for one more second!"
I laughed slightly.
Poppy: "No offence, Bax."
Baxter: "Some taken." He nodded.
"How come you didn't take offence when I called her a bitch?" I laughed.
He shrugged.
Baxter: "Well, that's because it was you."
"Punch?" I asked, holding up the jug beside me.
Poppy: "Yes, please." She said rushing towards me, taking it from my hand.

The radio had been turned back on and the shed had filled up with a bunch of people now, we were all dancing, having a great time and enjoying the punch.

I was dancing with Bax, of course, he had both his hands on my waist, while I held gently onto his shirt. Our bodies were pressed together. Suddenly the song changed and everyone began to move and jump around, so we joined in. But we couldn't help ourselves we kept moving closer, staring into each other's eyes. Ugh, this is ridiculous.

I placed my hands on either side of his neck and pulled his face to mine, our lips crashed together and moved in perfect rhythm, I could feel the smile on his lips as we pulled apart. I held onto his shirt once again, he slowly turned us both and backed me up against the table, I smiled as his head ducked to mine. Suddenly, he took a step back, teasingly.
I shook my head, no, slightly, as I gently grabbed his elbow, pulling him back towards me.
I then placed both my hands on his face as our lips connected again, he placed his hands on the sides of my neck.

The sun had now set, it was dark, but there were rainbow string lights illuminating the shed. I was stood in front of Baxter, who was at on the table, he had his hands on my waist while I had my hands on his shoulders. We moved slightly to the rhythm of the song.
Baxter: "Hey, I gotta, um... I gotta tell you something." He said.
I nodded as I slid my hands down from his shoulder and took his hands from my waist, so both of my hands were in his.
Baxter: "Remember how I said I owed my little sis?"
I nodded.
Baxter: "Well, a few weeks ago she demanded payment."
"Mhm." I nodded again.
He sighed, what had he done?
He looked to the floor as he spoke,
Baxter: "I loosened your fins at the Talent Search comp. That's why they fell off the board."
I stopped, still.
"Are you joking?" I asked, taking my hands from both of his.
Baxter: "Summer, I know I've done a bunch of stupid stuff throughout my life but this is by far the dumbest."
I shook my head no, in disbelief.
"No, but you fixed it?"
Baxter: "Yeah, I fixed it because I felt guilty. I felt really, really guilty." He sighed.
"Why? Why would you do.."
Baxter: "I'm sorry. I kooked it." He said, pulling my hands back into his. "I'm so sorry, Summer." He repeated, his eyes meeting mine, they were full of sorrow.
"You tried to ruin my chances, but then also saved them..?"

Suddenly the music stopped and the main lights turned on.
"Cake." Abbie announced.
I looked back to Baxter, as I took my hands from his.
"Just go, please." I said.
Baxter: "Summer.." He sighed.
"I just, need a minute. Go." I told him.
He turned and rolled his way off of the table and walked away, with everyone else.

I stayed sat on the table, when suddenly Ari appeared behind the table.
Ari: "You not coming over?"
"Nah. I'm good here."
Ari: "You should get changed anyway."
"Excuse you?" I scoffed turning to look at him.
Ari: "Summer, you really thought was appropriate to wear?"
"Well you never said anything before, and funnily enough I don't remember you mentioning a dress code either."
Ari: "Summer.."
"Just go way, Ari. Why don't you go break up with your stupid girlfriend because you clearly don't want her."
Ari: "You're unbelievable." He scoffed.
"You're the one that tried to kiss me."
He scoffed again.
Ari: "Just go inside, Summer. You shouldn't be here anyway."
I rolled my eyes as I turned my back to him.
Eventually I heard him walk away.

I stayed sat on the table for another moment, I could hear everyone singing Wren happy birthday. In that moment I was filled with anger towards both Wren, Ari and even Baxter, I wasn't thinking straight. I stood up and marched over to the crowd. Wren was just about to blow out her candles.
"Wait!" I shouted.
She paused and looked up at me.
"I want to say something."
Wren: "Oh god." I heard her mumble.
"Yeah, I'm supposed to be inside right now, because according to Ari I'm dressed like a hooker and I shouldn't even be here!"
Ari stepped walked around the table, to me.
"But I just wanted to say, happy birthday Wren!"
Ari: "Just go inside, Summer."
I turned and pushed him away from me.
"Oops!" I laughed and turned back around.
Wren: "What is your problem?!" She said appearing in front of me.
"You." I said pushing her out of the way as well.
I leaned down in front of the cake and with one breath, blew them out.
Bodhi: "Summer!"
"What? The candles were dripping." I shrugged.
Wren: "Seriously?" She scoffed before walking off, Ari following after her.
Suddenly, Abbie appeared at my side.
Abbie: "Now I know who stole the punch. Bed. Now. Summer."
"You wanna come with, Bax?" I asked, smirking, as I pointed to him.
Bax: "Not tonight." He smiled.
"Well then, I guess I'm not going to bed yet." I shrugged.
Abbie: "Baxter, she's not gonna go." She sighed.
Bax chuckled as he stood up and made his way over. We moved away from the crowd.
Abbie: "Baxter, I'm going to be honest, I don't trust you very much."
"Fair." He shrugged.
Abbie: "But Summer seems to have taken a liking to you, clearly. So, I'm going to trust you, please, take her to bed." She told him.
"Abbie, you can trust him!" I laughed.
She ignored me.
Abbie. "But don't, don't get in with her." She told him, sternly.
Baxter: "Yes ma'am." He nodded. "I would never." He said.
"Never?" I asked.
Baxter: "Well, not when you're drunk."
I saw Abbie smile at his response.
"I'm not even drunk I only had a few sips" I said.
Abbie: "And that's a few too many sips for you, Summer."
Baxter: "Lightweight."
"Something like that." Abbie laughed.
Baxter: "Come on, then. Lightweight."
I rolled my eyes, as he placed his arm around me.
Abbie walked off.
Baxter: "Let's get you to bed, princess." He smiled at me.

In this moment, I seemed to forget about what he'd done, it's that or I had already forgiven him. I mean, he had made up for it, he had fixed my board even if he was the reason it broke.

"I don't wanna go to bed." I complained,
He just laughed.
"I'm not drunk, I don't need to go to bed! Go on ask me a question!" I said standing still.
Baxter: "About what?" He laughed.
"Anything!"
Baxter: "When did the Berlin Wall fall?" He asked, laughing.
He didn't think I'd know it..
"1989." I said, confidently. "I love history." I shrugged.
Baxter: "Wow." He smiled.
"See? I'm not drunk. Now can just go somewhere? Please."
Baxter: "I should really get you to bed, Abbie doesn't trust me as it is."
"When have you ever listened to anyone?" I laughed.
Suddenly Poppy appeared at my side, she quickly put her arm around my shoulders.
Poppy: "Oh, forget Abbie! Come on!" She smiled, almost falling over.
I laughed at her.
"Come on, Bax."
He sighed.
Baxter: "Fine. 15 minutes."
"20 minutes." I smiled.
He rolled his eyes.

The three of us were walking down the street, we had just reached the surf shop.
"Hey. Watch this." I said, picking up a pebble from the side of the path. I launched it towards the 'Shorehaven town centre' sign, but missed by a fair amount.
Poppy: "You missed that by so far!" She laughed, picking up a pebble. She launched it at the sign hitting it right in the middle.
"Of course you did. You're good at everything!"
Poppy laughed.
Baxter: "Hey, you're good at a lot of things too." He said, putting his arm around me. "I mean I don't know anyone who'd beat you at skateboarding."
I smiled
"Honey might, one day."
He laughed.
"Hey! There she is. Our beloved captain!" I said pointing to a picture of Wren, in the front of the surf shop.
Poppy: "Isn't she just the best?" She laughed.
"The best!" I replied.
Baxter laughed, slightly.
Poppy: "You know what?"
"What?" I asked.
Poppy: "I totally believe that she framed you in Byron."
"Yes! Thank you!" I laughed, finally someone else believed me.
Poppy: "You're awesome! She sucks!" She exclaimed. "No offence, Baxter." She added.
He just chuckled.
"You know what, Pops? I think you should have been captain."
Poppy: "Yes! I should have been captain!"
Suddenly, she picked up another pebble.
Baxter: "I don't think that's a good idea." He told her.
But Poppy didn't listen, she threw the pebble at Wren's face.
Crash!
The glass broke.
The alarm began to blare.
"Poppy!" I shouted.
Poppy: "It was a pebble. How does a pebble do that?!" She shouted, as she stared at me, for help.
"I don't know, ask the pebble!" I shouted back.
Suddenly there was another sound, a siren, a police siren.
"Shit! There's no way." I sighed.
Poppy: "Oh, no, Summer, this is bad. This is so bad. Manu's gonna kill me!" She started to get worked up, her hands shaking against her head and tears in her eyes.
"It was an accident." I said, trying to reassure her.
Poppy: "Summer, I threw the rock! Manu's gonna ban me from Nationals! It's over!" She cried, turning to look back at the window.
"Poppy. Poppy!" She turned to look at me again. "You go. I'll say I did it."
Baxter: "No!" He butted in, panic across his face too.
Poppy: "I'm not letting you take the rap." She told me.
"Yes, it's fine!" I said, holding her arms, at her sides.
Poppy: "Let's run!" She suggested, desperately.
"Just go, both of you! They're in a car!" I shouted. "Poppy? Go." I said sternly.
She listened and began to run away from the scene.
"Bax, go with her, make sure she gets home, okay?" I instructed, now trying to calm myself down.
Baxter: "No!" He retaliated.
"Yes! Baxter." I said, quickly.
Baxter: "Summer.." he sighed.
"Just go! Quick! They're gonna be here any second! Just go with her! Please." I begged.
He sighed.
Baxter: "No, summer.."
"Baxter! Go!" I shouted, at him.
Baxter: "I'll take the blame!" He shouted back.
"No, Elo will literally kill you! She'll ban you from nationals! The worst they'll do is send me back to England!"
Baxter: "Well I'm not letting you go back!" He had a look of pure panic across his face, neither of us knew what was going to happen, or what to do.
"Baxter! Just go! Please!" I had tears in my eyes as I shouted at him to flee.
I watched as he bit his lip.
Baxter: "Fine." He said, almost a whisper. "Fine! I'll go."
I nodded to him.
"It'll be okay." I said quickly, planting a kiss on his cheek. "Now, go!"
He quickly began to run off in the same direction as Poppy.
I took a deep breath as I sat down on the floor, staring at the window.

Moments later, the police car pulled up, the red and blue lights flashing in the corner of my eyes.
The officer didn't say a word, he just stood next to me as I got back onto my feet, he then directed me into the car. I got in the back seat and did my seat belt up, the whole ride back to the house I just stared out of the window what was going to happen to me? Would my mum finally get involved? Would I be banned from national? Probably. What was I supposed to tell Abbie and Thommo? Why hadn't I listened to Abbie? Why hadn't I listen to Baxter?..

Why do I never listen?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Keeping The Surfer De Murffiee

Ficção Adolescente

20.7K 403 23
"How gnarly of you," I rolled my eyes. "Kennedy, you don't know the half of it." His gaze burned with treasured desire. "I could surf waves on your...
813 16 5
Koda Fenton was a up and coming model, who really just wanted the simple life. She goes with her best friends existing peacefully in the waves but al...
793 1 12
In which an English girl goes to Shorehaven for the summer only to face the struggles of lust, love and tragedy.
23.3K 332 16
"Some mistakes take us to the right place" "If we are not brave enough to say the words our eyes will" ------------------------ A girl who is scared...