What Universe is This Again?

Af Allioune24

"I can feel it!" exclaimed Lophe, the pope of Obelia's current religion. "The new Empress and the Saint of Ob... Mere

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII

XXIX

1.2K 94 4
Af Allioune24

Athanasia is in a daze after talking to Ayhan. That brother of her's always seemed so detached from the world. She would like it if he told her his worries but he's not doing it at all.

The noble ladies of her age began to say something about the garden so he responded accordingly.

They begin to introduce each other but when it comes to Jennette, they all have fallen silent.

Of course, she is the princess that House Alpheus brought to the Princess's Debutante.

It's either they would shunned her out or accept her.

"Your Highness, you're second cousin of the Son of the House Alpheus?" One of the ladies was more interested on Ezekiel rather than Jennette herself. Jennette seemed baffled as well but she still replied. Athy likes this atmosphere more. She could've brought Ayhan but her brother said he'd be out of place since girls usually speaks of fashion, cute things and... boys.

He has terrifying radar.

She giggled. Ayhan's cute frown is definitely adorable!

Here it goes.

"I'm envious that you had him escort you, after seeing him in person, I could see the rumors weren't an exaggeration. So tall and handsome."

My Yhannie was more handsome though. Long blonde hair and reddish-brown eyes. His face was something that couldn't be ignored as well. He's quite... short though...

"DIdn't he look just like a statue of Fioreze!" The girls began to squeal loudly right now.

"Um... Then, would you happen to know what type of women Lord Ezekiel is interested in?"

Jennette reaction was definitely on point. She was able to change the topic answering she didn't about stuff's like that.

Mr. White did his job as a guardian well. He taught her good!

Athy thought she was already safe, but—

"That reminds me, the princess danced with him too, right?"

"I saw that too! He was asking the princess for the third dance!"

Yhannie's much better partner than him though.

I sound like a sister with a bro-con tendency. But Yhannie is definitely the best among them all.

The talk deviated to another boy. Someone from the House of Zarvier. Girls this days are like girls from Korea, talking about cute guys and all!

Athy drank some tea and listened to their talks.

"You mean that Lone gray wolf!"

She can't help but snort. What's with that cheezy name?!

She couldn't keep up with their talks until the talk went from the gray wolf to Felix! Athanasia was dying to laugh when she heard Felix's cheezy name, the Night of Crimson Blood!

She can see Felix cowering with red ears! I'll tease him later!

Then the talk shifted to another cute boy from the House Irain.

"Who do you think is the most attractive, Your Highness?"

The girls asked him.

Hu?

She was stunned when she was asked that question.

She wanted to tell them it was her brother but she just remained silent. She didn't want to sell her brother to them.

"P, Princess. May I ask who they are?"

She looked in the direction that the lady pointed. Yhannie and Lucas are conversing. They appeared to be talking about something as they passed by. Choi Han was also at a distance but he's way too old for the ladies to talk about. He's more good-looking too.

Her gaze met Lucas and Yhannie's.

"Lucas, and Yhannie."

Lucas and Yhannie approached them. While Lucas bowed respectfully, Yhannie took his side and kissed her cheeks. It's been normal between them ever since they were kids.

"Blessing and glory to the Obelian Empire," Lucas seemed to be saying.

"This is Lucas, the royal Magician," she said, turning to face Yhannie, who had miraculously captured the attention of all the ladies. "This is my younger brother, Ayhan."

They all stood up and greeted Yhannie, but Yhannie did not mind.

"Are you having a good time at your tea party?"

"You should sit as well," she advised.

"No," Yhannie replied, "this is a tea party for ladies; we will leave now, sister. Have a nice day everyone."

Everyone appeared smitten by Yhannie's respectful demeanor. Athanasia had a strong desire to vomit! Yhannie was never this nice! He's always the over-edge man who wants to slack off and glare at everyone. He's supposed to be frowning but he's smiling! Smiling!!!

Did he eat something wrong?

She should check to see if he's sick or something.

Yhan and Lucas left suddenly.

"OH, OH MY GOODNESS! THERE WAS SOMEONE AS HANDSOME AS HIM WORKING AT THE BLACK TOWER! BUT HIS HIGHNESS! HOW CAN HE EXUDE SO MUCH APPEAL AT THAT AGE? HE'S SO HOT AND SEXY AT THE SAME TIME!"

They began raining Lucas and Yhannie's expressions that Athanasia couldn't understand.

Ugh. they're at it again.

She couldn't help but internally scream. Her baby brother became their number 1 favorite.

You just earned some believers, Yhannie.

The tea party ended on a normal note. Jennette went back to her palace while she walked back to the Emerald Palace with Felix. Some days have passed, and one day.

"But the knight of crimson blood will arrive in shining armor and save me before I fall, won't he?" She smirks at Felix with red ears all over. "Won't you, my knight of Crimson Blood?"

She walks leisurely, raining teases and playful laughter on Felix until he turns into mush.

It's so fun!!! Felix is so cute!

When Athanasia tripped, she had no idea she was about to fall, but her brother Yhannie came to her rescue.

"Such an airhead."

"Hello, Yhannie. As always, my bright cold sun!" she teases. Yhannie frowned but ignored her. He helped her up and patted her dress.

With their simple attire, they did not appear to be royalty. The nobles appeared more elegant than them, but this is more comfortable to wear. Claude, on the other hand, is almost naked, revealing his specs like it is nothing.

.

.

They both returned their attention to Claude, who was sleeping on the couch. She knelt and stared at Claude, who was sleeping soundly and unconcerned about the rest of the world. Even though he appears to be exhausted lately. Yhannie looks like this at times as well.

"Daddy," she called. Yhan sat in the free chair and leaned back. He knew it would take some time to wake Claude up, so he just let her do it slowly.

She had an idea for a prank.

She puts a flower behind Claude's ear. Yhannie laughed as well.

Claude suddenly grabbed her hand and almost yanked her up. She shrieked and began babbling nonsense, but Claude's gaze gave her chills.

"Athy." Yhan almost yelled, ready to fight, but as soon as Claude awoke, his gaze softened.

"Athanasia?"

"Y, yeah?"

"It was you..." Claude groaned, exhaling a sigh of relief. He sat up straight, and Yhan appeared relieved as well.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Claude inquired.

You are terrifying, dude.

"Felix, ask the maids to bring tea," Claude said.

Felix entered and flinched. The sight of the emperor with a

Claude has yet to let go of Athy's hand. He was caressing it gently as if assuring himself that he didn't hurt her. Athanasia was taken aback by his sudden gentleness. Claude usually appeared to be cold and distant as if he had nothing to do with them but right now—he seemed like a real human—with feelings and all.

Sometimes, this sudden kind gesture scares her the most.

Yhannie walked behind Claude and snatched the flower behind his ears.

"You should be more careful." Yhannie said.

"Why? Who'se talking about who?"

"Even old duded like you need some sort of protection as well. You're not getting younger." Yhannie and mouth again!

Athy giggled. It's the usual antics.

"No need to worry. If someone approaches me with the intention of harm, they'll be ripped to shreds." Claude continued, "It's a protection spell. It's made to kill someone painfully if they intend to kill me and come within a certain distance."

He looked at them seriously and said, "Both of you had similar spells on you as well. So don't worry about getting stabbed in your sleep."

Athy thought Yhan would retort back.

"Does this spell work against you as well?"

The atmosphere dropped. Claude remained silent as if perplexed by the question, but looking at how Yhan appeared right now, he could be. Claude patted his head and raised his hand. It's an awkward position considering Yhan is still behind Claude. Yhan leans closer to Claude.

"Yes. It works against me."

It is not about mistrust. It is all about... security.

Claude is the most whimsical person in the empire. Athanasia's grip tightens around Claude's hand, while Yhan leans in and touches Claude's cheeks.

They are also perplexed as to why Claude did it this way, but...

If Claude ever causes them harm, this protection spell will shield them from him.

"The only moment I'd hurt you is when I am not myself."

He's the safest haven and the most dangerous place to stay.

The twins knew it and yet they hoped that moment would never come before them.

"If there comes the time, it happens."

Claude sounded so sorrowful and resolute.

"Stike me and kill me."

That's when you deemed yourself a threat to our happiness.

.

.

[THE GRAND LIBRARY]

Yhan had to go do some work. Count Crossman came to him and had been pestering her brother. His round of knights sure works Yhannie diligently.

She decided to go to the library. Yhannie's book and her books have their own wings but she never would've expected to meet the Young Alpheus trespassing their library.

"Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire."

She stared at him. The background made his appearance picturesque.

She wasn't surprised that he was here right now.

Ugh. Yhannie's rational thinking rubbed on me.

This guy should've known that this is her and Yhan's private library but he feigns ignorance as if he were lying through his teeth.

This must be the reason why Yhannie dislikes him. He's someone who could never work with my brother.

Ezekiel continued to tell lies, but Athy, having had enough of her debutante, spoke up.

"You have been saying nothing but nonsense, Lord Alpheus," she said, staring at him. If Yhannie were here, he would be roasted right now. Yes, they met because she was his Lady Angel, but what happened at the debutante and Yhannie's hostility and caution against Alpheus were enough for her to realize he was not their ally.

Her priority is her brother, who protects her.

She couldn't bear hearing him now.

"You speak quite eloquently for someone who's illegally trespassing. Would you like to shut up?"

[EZEKIEL ALPHEUS POV]

He shut up the moment he noticed her on high alert against him. This is not how he expected to meet her. She was his Lady Angel, but

She was no angel at all.

When she looked at him, her eyes were a mix of sea and sky, lit up like a raging sun in a storm. When she was angry, her eyes turned steely greyish blue, like storm clouds about to burst. The way her brows knitted together revealed her concern more than any words could.

"Your Highness... I..."

She regarded him with suspicion. It is the same look the Imperial Prince gave him on the day of the debutante.

Disgust and irritation.

"You know, Lord Ezekiel. You very much resemble your father."

Her voice turned even colder as she spoke to him. So cold, as if she was not the same girl he met twice in that romantic setting.

He recoils.

"I, I beg your pardon," he finally said, unable to bear the princess's pressure. He should have realized by now that her highness and her highness are unquestionably siblings. "I will accept whatever punishment you deem appropriate for entering your personal space without your permission and rudely speaking in your presence."

She looked at him as if she could not believe what he was saying.

"Leave."

Her stern voice seems distant. It is not the princess he knew.

"Princess I..."

"Did not you hear what she said?" asked another voice from behind the princess. The young warlock emerged from behind her like a bubble. "The princess has ordered you to leave."

"Magician of the tower, it appears?" But he did not come here for nothing. "Identify yourself."

"I am a member of the royal family, and I only follow orders from the Princess, the Prince, or His Majesty." He stood in front of the princess and glared at him angrily, "You, sir, have already broken the law and shown discourtesy to the princess."

Ezekiel and Lucas continue to banter.

"What gives you the right to enter the princess's study on your own accord?"

"And do you, sir, have the authority to question me about my rights?"

Athanasia wanted to put a stop to it. He took a step forward, but Lucas, the imperial magician, stopped him, saying, "Any more and His Highness will see to it that you are nothing but a corpse for your disrespect."

The tension subsided.

"I am under strict orders to keep the princess safe, and His Highness, the Imperial Prince, has given me the authority to punish those who break the law."

If it is Imperial Prince Ayhan's order, Ezekiel should back up.

"His Highness sent me to Her Highness knowing that a rat had come inside the palace."

Another magician with black hair and blue eyes appeared.

"My, my." The other magician spoke. "He's quite furious as well."

"I should leave then," he says as he walks towards Athanasia, intending to speak to her in a more discreet manner, but the other magician eventually pulls a sword and places it on his throat.

"Put that book down."

Lucas takes Athanasia away.

He watched as her figure was taken away, while the man who had pointed his sword at him remained.

"His Highness has given an order," he grins, "one more step out of the line... and he will make sure you are punished according to, Lord Alpheus."

TBC

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

3.1K 334 5
"If you can't protect her, then you should've not brought her here." The Duke stared at him for a good while. "You should not have brought her here i...
80.4K 5.1K 21
Jeon Jungkook is a true blood alpha; he's not your typical alpha. He finally discovered his love, having looked for her for nearly a decade. Ten year...
210K 8.6K 40
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
210K 15K 48
All I could see, was darkness as a strong sound hit my ear. . . . "husband?" I opened my eyes, saw the face of a beautiful brown haired woman. ...