"Caught between the tides of...

Bởi taco_Hater

Lin, the fraternal twin to Leyley, is forced to follow after Andy and Leyley after he's trapped in an apartme... Xem Thêm

Soup For Your Thoughts?
The Missing Batteries Incident
The Insanity
I Love Pork!
Memory Lanes A Bitch.
Killer Sense
Freedom At Last
Right To Survive

Freedom? (Mostly Fixed)

1.2K 33 18
Bởi taco_Hater

I lied.}

It's been about two weeks since the escape. Ashley and Andrew sat across from each other in front of a cafe. Ashley finishes her meal as Andrew reads the paper.

Lin opens the door to the cafe, wearing a neat uniform with the logo of a fork and a knife crossed on his Upper shoulder.

"Yo," Lin said grabbing a chair from a nearby empty table and putting it in front of the duo. "Anything interesting?" he asked, looking at the back of the paper.

"Not yet." Andrew responded plainly. Ashley shoved the rest of her food into her mouth as Lin reached over.

"Brat." He said, leaning back and crossing his arms.

Ashley swallowed the food down in one gulp. Before smiling at Lin smugly. "Is that any way to talk to a paying customer?"

"Paying? You have money?" Lin asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, No..." She looked off to the side. "I'm using your money."

Lin grunted. Shaking his head. "Yeah, thought so." he closed his eyes. "You could have at least shared the eggs..."

"Never."

Lin sighed, before turning to the back of Andrews's paper. Trying to read it despite it being upside down.

Ashley sighed, pulling out a lighter and flicking it off and on.

"That's annoying. Stop it." Andrew said, getting Ashley to roll her eyes.

"But im soooooo bored!" She complained, reaching the lighter out towards Andrews's paper.

Lin eyed the flame the second it had passed him.

"How much longer are we gonna stay in this place anyway?" She asked, the flame almost touching the paper, but Andrew snatched the lighter from her hand.

"Well, until we can be sure no one is tailing us. And when we have enough money to get a bus ticket to the border or something." Andrew said, flicking the lighter on as he stuck a cigarette in his mouth.

"Ugh, that's going to take forever!" Ashley complained again. Searching her arms across the table towards Andrew.

"Maybe if you had a job..." Lin started, but Ashley quickly cut him off.

"You just got lucky that weirdo thought you were a part of his cult!" She accused.

"Or maybe im just better with people?" Lin countered.

"I'm good with people!"

The look she got from Lin and Andrew told her otherwise.

"Uh-huh..." Andrew said slowly with a slow nod.

"I am!" She said, glaring the him.

"Well, for whatever reason," Andrew said, raising a hand to stop her. The Cigarette between his fingers. "We should be glad we at least have some way to get money."

"Don't you have a bank account?" Lin Asked, shifting to try and get comfortable in the chair.

"If I could use it, I would. But unless we want the bank to know where we are..." Andrew trailed off. But Lin understood.

"Right. So that's a no-go." Lin shook his head.

"It's so annoying that the hotel we went to insisted on using a card. It's not like I'd bail out on them, im paying upfront with cash!" Andrew complained before sticking the Cig in his mouth to suck on its sweet nicotine.

"Boohoo," Ashley mocked. "The motel works out just fine."

"Not really. I swear I heard gunshots last night..." Andrew mumbled, looking off to the side.

"Were there gunshots last night..." Lin tried to recall. But it came up blank. Was he a heavy sleeper or something?

"Unless it was Ashley..." Andrew said, eying the girl playfully.

"I haven't shot anybody!" She defended herself.

"Yet." He countered. Causing Ashley a brief pause.

She quickly reached for her gun. Which was always tucked safely into her pocke-!

It wasn't there.

Ashley made a choking sound, starting the other two, as Andrew had his cig fall to the floor.

"What?" Andrew asked, looking her over.

"I left my gun back in the motel..."

Andrew facepalmed. "Wish you'd be less nonchalant all the time..."

"We can't all shit ourselves at the smallest things." Ashley said, rolling her eyes.

"True, let's just get to the motel before someone breaks in and steals the damn thing," Andrew said, standing up as he stomped on his cig.

"Okie dokie!" Ashley complied standing up as well.

Lin sighed, standing up before quickly taking the chair back to its respective table while muttering "What are, five?"

He turned and followed the two as they walked down the steps of the cafe.

Ashley suddenly stopped. Looking to the right.

"Before we go home can we see what the clothing shop has?" Ashley asked, turning to Andrew.

"Didn't you buy clothes not too long ago?" Lin asked, leaning to the side.

"One extra bra isn't enough man!" Ashley complained.

Andrew seemed to consider it. On one hand, they needed to get home and get that gun. On the other, Ashley would definitely whine over and over.

He decided he would rather the gun be found than hear Ashley whine.

"Fine. But only for a little bit." Andrew agreed.

Ashley cheered and made her way to the shop.

"Nice one. Let's hope she actually decides on something." Lin said, walking past Andrew.

Ashley walked over to the selection, eying the shirts. Despite the door to the shop, Ashley knew better than to go to it. This shop keep was a total bitch.

"Hey!" Ashley said, walking over.

"Oh, it's you. Planning to actually buy anything this time?" The shopkeeper asked. Seeming already done with all of Ashley's bullshit.

"Nope! Just window shopping!" She said cheerfully.

"Oh, well kindly fuck off then." The shopkeep said.

Ashley rolled her eyes. She looked at the clothes for a few seconds before walking back the way she came. The duo follows her.

"Well, you're clothing selection is kinda bad anyway."

"Fuck you." The shopkeeper calls back.

Somehow that's the nicest she's been in a while.

"Progress! She didn't say she'd gouge my eyeballs out for looking at her the "Wrong way"" Lin said,

"Dude," Andrew said, looking at him with a depaned stare. "She's not falling for you."

"A man can dream!"

The trio made their way home. Or to the crappy motel with a bunch of pro-euthanasia billboards in front. Hoping to catch whatever sad sap happened to live around here.

At least it kept people from soaking the walls and floors red.

Making it to their door, which was the only red one, Andrew unlocked it, stepped in, and made his way to the couch.

"What happened to ladies first?" Ashley asked.

"You're a lady?" Lin asked as he slipped past her and inside the room.

"Wh-!? What's that supposed to mean!?"

Lin didn't respond, sitting down on the couch to the left of Andrew.

Ashley walked in, before sighing as she stepped over the pile of newspapers Andrew decided to keep and instead grab the few articles of clothes that we're strewn about.

Ashley was walking past the couch when her bra was suddenly flung into her face.

Lin sat, his legs twisted weirdly as he had just kicked Ashley's bra into her face.

"Clean up after yourself." Lin said, before turning back to the TV as Ashley grumbled.

She put her clothes into the washer, before walking past the duo and in front of the TV.

"..." The duo stared at her in silence.

"Did you find that gun yet?" Andrew finally asked. Before a sudden as stole their attention.

"Hey, you!"

On the TV, a white bunny was seen holding out a glass, rain falling around it while it frowned.

"Aren't you sick and tired of drinking the same old water every day?"

"Yeah... It's so wet." the character presumably said.

"Have you tried ToxiSoda!?" a can of soda with a pair of wings and toxisoda written in front of it popped up on the screen. "It's water, but worse!"

Lin's eyes flickered to Andrew, who watched the Ad with a confused expression.

"Now in three new flavors! Awful! Gross! And nasty!" At each word, a picture of a soda can being opened appeared, along with the sound of it being opened. "Try them today!"

"Mmmmmmmm-m! Toxisoda. Taste like life!" The white bunny said, drinking from a can with a straw curled into a heart. "I don't know why im drinking this..."

"I'll buy the entire stock," Lin said sarcastically, leaning back and crossing his arms.

Ashley walked away, she herself didn't seem to care for the ad.

The sound of her clittering and clattering through drawer after drawer sounded off. Before she finally said. "Found it!"

She made her way back to the couch, sitting in the gap between the two as she laid across them like a blanket.

She laid her head across Lin's lap, starting up at him with unwavering concentration, meanwhile, her legs wrapped across Andrew.

Neither of the two seemed bothered. Though Lin's eyes did flick down to Ashley for a second.

"Ashley, get the hell off of me. You're way too heavy." Lin said, his eyes going back towards the screen.

"Or you're just weak?" She countered, crossing her arms and challenging him with her stare.

The thought of pushing her off crossed his mind, but he knew Andrew would bitch at him about it. But then again, it was Ashley. She deserved it.

"No, it's definitely you." He settled for words over actions. Maybe next time.

Ashley huffed, turning to the TV as they watched in silence. Listening to ad after ad.

"We're not gonna be on the news Andy." Ashley said, looking back over to Andrew, who looked at her disdainfully.

Ashley couldn't help but laugh, kicking her feet and clutching her sides.

"I should have known..." Andrew said, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Oooh, what are you going to do about it, Andy?" Ashley asked her laughter at her brother's expense over. "Gonna try and choke me out again?"

"Do you want me to?" Andrew asked dryly.

Lin ignored the two, watching an ad about some sort of large bird that was going extinct. And how they would be selling the last scraps of their meat for an outrageous price.

"Oh c'mon! It was all in good fun. I was kidding." She said childishly.

"I thought we were fine..."

"We are! I'm just messing around." she brought a hand to her face. "It's just a nickname. Get over yourself." One of Andrew hand's squeezed into Ashley's leg hard.

"I asked you one thing!" He said, glaring at her. "And it's symbolic, dumbass."

"You and you're romanticism! Shove it up you're ass."

"I don't know what I was expecting." Andrew relented. Letting go of her thigh.

"I'm behaving! What more do you want? I'm being so good for you!" Ashley complained, using one of her arms to push herself up with Lin's leg, sitting up slightly.

Lin was brought back to, eyeing her hand placement, before pulling his arm back and letting it drape behind the couch.

"Are you? Because im getting the opposite impression here."

Ashley pushed herself up, crawling over to Andrew and laying across his lap. Her legs wrapped across Lin's legs "Yeah yeah, im so awful right? You wanna see what it's like when I actually misbehave?" She asked, her hand trailing up his shirt towards his collar.

"I could be so much worse." She said lowly. Her voice was sweet as Sugar. "Should I show you how awful I really am?" She asked, gripping onto the collar of his shirt.

Lin's hand twitched, as he briefly thought about pinching Ashley's leg. Just to get her to shut up for a few seconds.

"Do it!" He said, grabbing the sides of her head and leaning down. "Though, you're going to find me a lot less of accommodating than Andy."

Lin watched silently. An eyebrow raised.

"And now into important news!" the news suddenly came on. All the ads are finally over. And gaining all of their attention.

"One of the quarantined apartments has been in a bit of a situation. Nothing major, just that the building burned down and everyone inside died. Everybody." The new woman said, before looking to the side.

"and here's a representative from the water company! Anything you'd like to add?"

"Yes, my deepest condolences to the family members of the deceased. The apartment was most definitely not a wholly mismanaged mess better burned to the ground. Therefore it's so sad it happened."

Lin glanced at the two, who watched and seemed not convinced either.

"to ease that sadness, we recommend you try our ToxiSoda! We just rolled out three new exciting flavors-"

"Excuse me, sir! Something seems wrong with your microphone!"

"I'm sure you meant to say drink out tasty drink's bubblypop! Which happens to be our sponsor! And it doesn't make you bleed out of your ass, unlike some alternatives."

"Anyways, that's all we have for today! Have a wonderful day while we give you more wonderful news!" the news cut off after that, into more ads.

"Get that bag I guess." Lin shrugged.

"You think that was our apartments?" Ashley asked.

"Was being the correct tense indeed..." Andrew agreed.

"Was it just me, or did it seem like they weren't being completely... Truthful?" Lin asked, the two looking at him.

"What do you mean?" Andrew asked, raising a brow.

"I mean, the way they said everyone burned inside. Then sorta just insisted upon it. Do you think there's a chance they know we escaped?"

"I... I think there's a chance now that you say it. All the more reason to skip town to the border." Andrew said, leaning back. "But wouldn't they have just said that? Why hide it?"

"Andrew, they are sketch as fuck." Lin said plainly. "Besides, it seems they still think we have the parasites. It would cause a lot of panic."

"Well!" Ashley interjected. Pushing herself up. "Now that everything about what we did has been eviscerated, I think im gonna sleep for a nice long time!"

"Isn't that all you do?" Lin asked as she walked by, only for her to flip him off. "Good night!" he called after her playfully.

He sighed. Tapping his foot a few times. He didn't have any packs left.

Lin rolled his eyes. Looking over at Andrew before standing up. "I'm gonna go to the corner store. Be back soon."

It was late in the night. Lin was the only one up, as he watched TV in silence. Andrew was asleep right beside him, leaning into his shoulder. Despite having insisted he got his own bed, he was barely ever in it. Either in Ashley's bed or leaning against Lin like he was right now.

The door opened slowly. As the man stepped inside. He narrowed his eyes at Lin, who hadn't let his eyes leave the TV. His eyes were glued to it as the volume drowned out the sound of the door opening.

He walked up slowly, he was almost completely behind Lin before the floor creaked, and Lin spun his head around.

*Schixk!*

He stabbed his knife into Lin's throat, Lin brought a hand to his throat quickly, falling off the couch with a thud as the man twisted his knife and stabbed it into the side of Andrews's throat, who opened his eyes in a panic. Falling to his side as he covered the wound as best he could.

The man made his way to Ashley, as Lin watched with wide eyes, his blood pooling around his head and soaking into his hair.

The man slit Ashley's throat. Her eyes snapped open before he stepped back. And then he made his way out of the apartment. Letting all the siblings choke on their blood.

Happy Chapter two boys 😫

I hope you guys didn't miss me that much despite me missing a week to send time with family! I love you all and im so glad you enjoyed this fanfiction. But just know if my story ever contradicts the canon to badly I will have to restart.

Words: 2528

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

7.3K 399 16
Andy and Jack still living together but we're struggling with there rent. An idea of a new room mate but who.
91.6K 2.4K 29
Ashley Purdy is hopelessly in love with his band mate Andy Biersack. But Ashley has secrets. Andy is really worried about Ashley and tries to fix him...
2.3K 79 16
This story is about Andy and Ashley. Something terrible happens and Andy has to be there for Ashley and the band has to learn patients with Ashley be...
1.2K 18 5
Andrew and Lexi get together after something devastating secretly happened to Lexi. Only Brent and Andrew know about what happened to her