𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀 ✶ Steve Harrington

By -luxuryy

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷【 𝙖𝙪𝙧𝙖 ! 】 ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ... More

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀.
01 | 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞
02 | 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬! 𝐮𝐠𝐡!
03 | 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧?
04 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐭
06 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮
07 | 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲, 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲

05 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰

146 10 17
By -luxuryy

CHAPTER FIVE,
the start of something new.

⋆.ೃ࿔*

        EMMY'S FACED A LOT OF CREEPY SHIT, however, the woods will always be where she draws the line. What kind of person chooses their meeting spot to be the woods, anyway? For the life of her, she can't recall the name Heather gave her. All she knows is that she's meeting a total stranger. She doesn't know how he looks, how old he isbasically nothing. This was beyond dangerous, yet thrilling all at once.

      As she would've expected, the woods were lonely. The only sound came from her footsteps. She's a little bit late...it's not her fault though. The bus arrived late, setting her back by fifteen minutes. Emmy had the option of driving, but that wouldn't be smart. Her aunt is a cop, she'll be driving her aunt's car and she's planning to meet up with a drug dealer. Yeah, it wouldn't be the smartest decision. If she had gone through with this horrible plan, she would've been begging for attention.

Heather gave her clear instructions on the location of the meeting spot. If her memory serves her correctly, she shouldn't miss it, once she is on the right path. And she was right. In the middle of the woods, a wooden picnic table was placed.

    In her view, the stranger becomes clearer. He was sitting down, his fingers tapping on the hard surface. His eyes make four with her, envisioning that it's his new client.

     It was up to the Munson boy to start with the greetings. "Hi, uh, you're Emmy right?" Eddie never had a problem with names, especially when they involve potential clients. Before he was anything, he was a businessman.

    "Hi, yes I am. And you are...?"

    "Oh, I'm Eddie Munson. You can just call me Eddie."

     Emmy nods her head. "Right," She purses her lips. They were now sitting across from each other. Now that the introductions were out of the way, she didn't know what to think of him. He had a head full of curly hair and he was wearing a leather jacketduring the summer. That was weird. Isn't he hot? Any normal person would've been blazing under his choice of attire. But then, Eddie didn't look like your typical normal person, either. Her stare lingers on the silver rings occupied by his fingers, reminding her of a friend back home. Furthermore, she noticed he didn't comment on her being late.

     "All right so," Eddie begins, opening up his lunchbox. It was the perfect coverup for what was actually inside. He got straight to the point, believing that they shouldn't be here any longer than five minutes. "My only payment method is cash. Uh, for obvious reasons, no receipts. You look like a smart girl. I'm sure you'll figure out why."

      This wasn't her first time buying drugs, so she already knew the protocol. There should be no trails left behind. "How about a half ounce for...$20. That's okay with you? Heather also told me that you wanted Molly too?" Now in his hands, the plastic bag of marijuana was noticeable for Emmy. She remains on mute, not knowing how to respond. Gosh, she hopes she's not coming off as rude.

   Eddie smiles kindly, providing Emmy with an offer she can't refuse. "You're a new customer, so I'll give you a discount." The bag of pills was still in the lunchbox.

      Eddie could see the look on Emmy's face. She was giving him the feeling that she didn't want to be here. Plus, she wasn't saying anything. It's their first time meeting each other. Was he giving her a bad impression? Except, it wasn't like that. Her guilty conscious was eating at her. First, it started on the bus. Then, it followed her on her walk to see him. Now, she's certain that she was making a huge mistake.

Finally, Emmy broke her silence. "I can't do this..." Shs motions to his lunchbox. "The thing is," Her tone was only above a whisper. The hesitation was carved on her face. Eddie was concentrated on her, oddly waiting to hear the rest of what she had to say. Is she an undercover cop here to arrest him?

  Emmy inhales and exhales before she continues, unaware of Eddie's frightened face. "I'm supposed to be sober right now. I mean, it hasn't even been that long, only two months, but I don't want to let down the people who care about me. If I break my sobriety, it'll only get worse." Regardless of anything, Emmy had a bad habit of putting herself first. She wouldn't consider that to be selfish, more like she was prioritizing. Yet, things were different. Now, Alexis was a priority too. Her feelings, the love she feels for Emmy, all of that has some type of value.

Aside from Alexis, there was Micah. Her father means the world to her. What would he say if he was still alive? She could only imagine what his words would be: "Everything you do has an end result. It's your choice on the type of life you want to live."

You see, Emmy is comfortable with taking a step forward, only to take several steps backward. It was a never-ending process with her, one that failed to produce good results. Grief wasn't kind to her. It was a lonely road. She fears the pain won't stop until it has consumed her whole.

And that's why moving was the better choice. All of this was meant to be a fresh startthe start of something new. It wouldn't make sense for her to fall into bad habits. The only result would be to enroll into a rehabilitation facility. God knows, that's the last place on earth she wants to be.

     "That's okay. I get it." He says gently. Sure, the deal didn't go in his favor. He was pretty chill about it. And truthfully, he's relieved she's not a cop. Also, based on her body language, he could tell that she wasn't joking around. Realistically, sobriety can be a struggle for many. Eddie barely knows her, but he's proud that she was able to admit her deep thoughts to a complete outsider.

     "Really? I'm so sorry about dragging you all the way down here—" She attempts to soothe things over with an apology.

   Eddie chuckles lightly, creating a calm atmosphere. "Don't worry about it." Genuinely, he wasn't upset or disappointed.

    "Okay," A grin tugs at Emmy's lips. She was appreciative of his calm demeanor. Perhaps, they can have a decent conversationone that's not focused on her personal battles. "Do you attend Hawkins High?" He didn't seem to be on the older side. She never got the chance to ask Heather many questions. Would it make a difference? It's not like she would've remembered anyway.

    Eddie was surprised, merely because she was starting a conversation with him. He thought they would've parted ways, acting like none of this happened. This was quite the opposite. "Yeah, um, I do."

    Emmy followed up with a next question. "I'm entering my senior year. How about you?"

     What he wanted to say was that, he's been in his senior year for longer than expected...but it's more embarrassing to say out loud. Additionally, she's still a stranger to him. He didn't want her to think that he was a loser. "Uh, same." His lips curve upwards. "We're going to graduate next year." He said it mostly to himself, in a convincing way. Because 1986 is going to be his year—there's nothing holding him back.

     Emmy's eyes sparked with a tint of bliss. Oh, he's definitely going to be her new friend. "Without a doubt. I'll be looking for you bright and early on the first day back to school. How does that sound?" It was a charming offer, that was followed by a dainty smile. It's not like she's planning to take no for an answer.

    "It sounds...great." Eddie started to feel delighted, resisting the urge to smile. "But let me just tell you from now, I don't have the best reputation around here. If you want to become popular, you shouldn't be seen with me." Ask anybody around Hawkins what they think of Eddie Munsonthey'll tell you that he's a freak, he's always up to no good, and he's a creep at times.

      "What?" The cheeky smile never leaves her face. "I don't care about any of that." Being the new girl was a label she didn't ask for, but she was going to get it nonetheless. She'll become friends with whoever she wants. One of those people being Eddie Munson.

For Emmy, she's creating friendships like her life depends on it. There's Steve, Robin, Heather, and then we have Eddie who's added to the list. Does Steve count? Seeing as though they were practically friends in the past? Let's not forget Jolene Powell. When Emmy made a quick stop by the police station, she was introduced to Officer Powell's daughter. She's not too sure if she would classify her as a friend, then again, why not? Her vibe was authentic. For the hell of it, let's include Romeo's group of friends. After all, a thought emerged in her mind. When it's all said and done, maybe she isn't alone.

      Majority of Eddie's friends were the Hellfire Club memberswho also happened to be his bandmates. So yeah, making friends wasn't his strongest suit. He sucked at talking to girls. Truthfully, he's amazed that a girl, a beautiful girl at that, wants to be his friend. Wait, is she into him?

He was unable to reflect upon his assumption. Emmy managed to dive into a different topic, discussing her favorite musicians. As he listened to her talk, he came to the immaculate conclusion: this girl was phenomenal. Later on, she might become someone special in his life.

●・○・●・○・●

    ROMEO WENT ALONG WITH the plan of finding the perfect, I'm sorry, present for Eleven. Mike fucked up, that was pretty obvious, and he needed to make things right. Starcourt Mall was the most superior location, seeing as though there were several stores to choose from. In order to make a purchase, the buyer should have the necessary funds. For the kids, they couldn't afford anything. It's not like they didn't trybest believe, they did. But when you don't have an actual job, some things don't work out the way you want them to.

Their failed attempts saddened the group. Will recommended that they should head home. It's not like he wanted to be there in the first place. Everyone agreed, figuring it would be best for Mike to apologize.

While they were all removing their bikes from the bicycle racks, the three girls popped up—Harley, Max, and surprisingly, Eleven, with an ice cream cone in their hands.

Max was having a perfect girls' day. Shopping, getting ice cream, oh, she couldn't ask for anything better. All it took was the sight of the boys, to irritate her. "Isn't this a nice surprise." Why are they even here?

Mike's dramatic response consisted of letting his bike fall to the ground, startled by one of the girls he was seeing right now. With his finger pointed at Eleven, an important question slips from his lips. "What are you doing here?"

"Shopping." Eleven answers, bluntly.

Harley waves at her boyfriend, a blush creeping onto her face. Romeo returns the gesture, happy to see his girlfriend. The tension surrounding them was quite annoying, but it didn't stop them from greeting each other. Sadly, their friend's drama was inescapable.

"This is her new style," Max remarks, referring to Eleven's outfit. "What do you think?" It was Eleven's first time shopping. Max and Harley wanted Eleven to have a new experience. For Max, she enjoyed showing Eleven that there's more to life than stupid boys.

It became apparent that Eleven's safety was in jeopardy. Chief Hopper gave clear instructions. Everyone was aware of this. "What's wrong with you? You know she's not allowed to be here." Mike always tried to honor Hopper's requests. He's not sure when Max and Eleven even became friends. The last time he checked, Eleven always acted as if Max didn't exist. When did Eleven decide to have a change of heart?

     Max inquires, "What is she? Your little pet?"

     "Yeah," Eleven chimes in. "Am I your pet?"

      "What?! No!" Mike insists, confused about the direction of their conversation. Where is all of this coming from? Eleven embarks on asking Mike why does he treat her like garbage, with Mike being conflicted about the lie he told her about his Nana. Romeo and Lucas were lost, giving a clear indication that Mike could possibly be lying, but they caught on quickly, providing backup to their friend. Harley furrowed her brows, listening to the boys ramble on about Mike's Nana's 'sickness'.

"Also, we're here to get a gift for you, " Mike confesses. This was the truth and the purpose of his visit to the mall. "Just, we couldn't find anything that suited you and I only have, like, $3.50, so it's hard."

    "Super hard." Lucas adds.

    "Extremely hard." Romeo chimes in.

    "I—It's expensive." Lucas tells the girls.

Eleven was a firm believer in how awful lying is. All she wanted to know, was why did Mike lie? What was the purpose of his untruths? The bus arrived, signifying the girl's soon-to-be departure. She didn't care about the gift he wanted to buy. Her principle is friends don't lie. Mike broke that principle, while also breaking Eleven's trust. Her earlier talk with Max didn't help the situation either. Rather, it only made things worse.

      What occurred next, stunned the group. Eleven took further steps to Mike, saying in a heavy tone, "I dump your ass." Nothing was said after this statement. The girls left the scene, leaving behind a perplexed set of young boys.

     When Emmy Dawson stepped off the bus, she was greeted by the presence of the kids. "Hey, kiddos," She beams. Their attendance was unexpected. Her energy drops, witnessing the expressions on their face. Usually, the boys are welcoming. This time, they didn't even say hi. "What happened?" She asks, to nobody in particular. Will spoke up, his eyes gazing over the older girl. "Mike's girlfriend broke up with him."

     Emmy mumbles an, "Oh," surprised at the response she was given. Silence fell upon them as the bus drove away. Once it is out of sight, Mike shakes his head. "I can't believe that just happened! Can you believe she dumped me?!"

    The boys didn't have much to say, currently in dismay themselves. "I'm sure she's upset. Don't worry about it," Emmy replies, trying to break the tension. She's not aware of the nature of the breakup. Romeo plans to give her the breakdown later when they're home. Besides, it must be a sensitive topic, so she didn't want to the situation worse.

"I don't know about that, Emmy." Mike is in shock at the turn of events. It's basically the consequences of his own actions. Still, part of the blame had to be transferred to Hopper. The older man is the reason Mike is in this predicament.

     Emmy felt Mike's sorrow. Breakups are never easy, no matter the age. All she knows is that they're still young, they'll figure it out one of these days. She said her goodbyes to the boys as they left.

     The Dawson girl had a tremendous time with Eddie Munson. Now it's time to visit her other friends. The memory of her date with Steve made her squeal inside. Now, she's nervous to see him. When she dropped the bomb about the marriage pact, deep down, she anticipated that everything would be different. Perhaps, that was the devil on her shoulder feeding her mind with negative thoughts. Because when she entered the ice cream parlor, and Steve caught sight of Emmy, his day got a little bit better.

●・○・●・○・●

         EMMY REMAINED WITH THE OTHERS at the mall. As a collective group, Robin and Emmy were able to translate the first sentence of the Russian transmission: The week is long. After some time, they were able to figure out more of the translation: The week is long. The silver cat feeds, when blue meets yellow in the west. Emmy was as lost as ever, wondering what all of this was supposed to mean. Steve had his doubts too. He mentioned his thoughts to everyone, how the translation might be wrong.

       They were the only ones left at the mall. As Steve is closing the parlor, Robin assures him that the translation is accurate.

"Honestly, I think it's great news," Dustin announces, being the only person who expressed optimism. He's certain that all of this wasn't for nothing. He'll prove it too.

      Steve opposed Dustin's sentiment, "How is this great news? I mean, so much for being American heroes. It's total nonsense."

"It's not nonsense," Dustin replies. "It's too specific. It's obviously a code."

       This caught Steve's interest. "What do you mean, a code?" Up ahead, Robin and Dustin were heading in the direction of the exit. It was time for all of them to go home. Emmy decided to wait for Steve. When he approaches her, he flashes her his signature smile. The Dawson awkwardly grins in return, her grin falters after she clears her throat.

To Steve, her gesture was sweet. But then, her smile was obviously fake, and she failed to meet his eyes. Her behavior is odd but he's sure he knows why. It all started when he introduced Dustin to Emmy. Dustin, being the little troublemaker he is, said to Emmy: "It's amazing to finally meet Steve's girlfriend."

It became an embarrassing moment, mostly when Steve expressed: "She's not my girlfriend," at the same time Emmy declared, "We're not together." Truly, they spent the remainder of the day keeping their distance from each other.

For a brief moment, Dustin glances at Steve, and a sly smirk forms on his lips. He couldn't help but observe who joined Steve's company. "Like a super secret spy code." He says, answering Steve's inquiry.

     "That's a total stretch." At first, Steve was somewhat convinced. Now, he's back to questioning the issue.

     "How can you be so sure?" Emmy was trying to apply everyone's perspective to the situation. Her gaze wanders to Steve, who gives her an 'I don't know' look.

     Robin joins in the discussion. "Listen, just for kicks, let's entertain the possibility that it is a secret Russian transmission. What'd you think they were gonna say, Fire the warhead at noon?"

Dustin provides his input, muttering, "Exactly," grateful that someone else is on his side.

     "And my translation is correct. I know that for sure, so...." She ponders on a thought. "The silver cat feeds. Why would anyone talk like that unless they were trying to mask the meaning of their message?"

     "Exactly," Dustin repeats for a second time. Emmy was keeping track, for the fun of it.

Robin's gaze lands on all of them. "And why would anyone mask the true meaning of their message unless the message was somehow sensitive?"

At the same beat, Emmy and Dustin respond with, "Exactly," Dustin narrows his eyes at her, detecting the echo. Emmy quickly covers her mouth with her hand, restraining her laughter. Also, she wasn't wrong about her prediction of Dustin's response. Her timing was on point. Steve chooses to imitate the duo, mouthing the word exactly, kind of disgruntled they left him out of the joke.

    Robin concludes with, "So I guess that confirms your suspicion."

     Dustin spoke next, pleased that someone saw things from his point of view. "Evil Russians." Robin was in disbelief, but amused at the same time. "I can't believe I'm about to agree with this strange child, but, yeah, totally evil Russians."

Emmy expresses an afterthought. "Okay, if we're positive about this. How do we crack the code? Well, let's hope the meaning is important and we won't be wasting our time."

     Robin answers Emmy almost immediately. "Well, I guess we translate the rest and hopefully a pattern emerges?" It would be the smartest thing to do.

     Dustin instantly started to list possible options. "A pattern. Right, like maybe silver cat is a meeting place?"

    "Or a person," Was said by Robin.

    "Or maybe a weapon," Emmy suggests.

     "It's probably gonna take a super genius to crack it, but..." Robin was unable to finish her statement. Someone was missing from the group. Someone who was considered to be fairly annoying at times. "Where's Steve?" Her eyes roam the area, until they fall on Steve's figure. He was by one of the children's rides. What was he doing there?

    Emmy was the first person to call out to him. "Hey, Steve! What's going on?" Is it bad that she didn't notice his absence? He was right there next to her! How did he move so fast?

     "Uh, it's a quarter. I need—do you have a quarter?" Steve's request was quite random.

      Robin starts to walk toward him. "Sure you're tall enough for that ride?" She taunts him, earning a laugh from Dustin and Emmy.

      "Quarter!" He shrieks, his voice laced with urgency. Instead of giving him a comeback, Robin hurls a coin at him. Steve caught the coin perfectly, inserting it into the coin slot. The Indiana Flyer begins to play. Steve began to focus on the sound that came from the ride.

"You need help getting up, little Stevie?" This was a joke made by yours truly, Robin Buckley. He responded by shushing her, wishing for quietness as he made an effort to concentrate. Dustin and Emmy continue to make their slide comments, giggling at each other's words. Robin joined in too, appreciating how other people in the world wanted to make fun of Steve Harrington.

      The noise from the trio was distracting Steve, and all he wanted was for them to stop fooling around. "Would the three of you just shut up and listen?"

       The rest of them fall into stillness. Dustin was the first to react. "Holy shit." Dustin makes eye contact with Steve, ultimately figuring out Steve's brilliant point. "The music." He glimpses at Robin and Emmy, "The music!" He exclaims, pulling out the recorder from his backpack. The recording starts to play, leaving Emmy clueless. Clearly, she wasn't following.

     Dustin explains it to the ladies, "It's the exact same song on the recording."

     Emmy shrugs her shoulders, "Maybe these types of rides are common in Russia."

      "Indiana Flyer? I don't..." Steve shakes his head, "I don't think so." He looks at Emmy. "This code, it...didn't come from Russia." His gaze falls on Robin. He's sure everyone is now on the same page. "It came from here."

      The pieces were starting to come together. And it could only mean one thing...something shady was transpiring in the town of Hawkins, Indiana.

—ren's thoughts

this is just the beginning of a beautiful friendship between emmy and eddie. a friendship that we will see more of in season four.

for anyone that's curious, michael ealy is casted for micah dawson —emmy's dad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 875 12
Violet Williams better know as "Smiley" for her bright demeanor is just a normal kid living in freeridge. Her and her group of friends Monse, Ruby...
15K 617 21
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷【 𝙬𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 ! 】 ᴡᴇ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ─𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 steve harrington's heartache ends...
2.9K 147 15
- 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙂𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙣 𝙪𝙣𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧? {Book one of Stranger Things Series} SEASON 1: finished SEASON 2: in progress SEASON 3: N/A...
21K 201 11
Requests are open. "ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ʜɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴇᴇᴋ ꜱᴇɴᴘᴀɪ?" "..." "ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ꜱᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ꜰᴜɴ!" "..." "ɪ'ᴍ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ, ꜱᴇɴᴘᴀɪ." "..." (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ "Found you...