Lover (Colin Bridgerton x OC)

By melanin_queen16

๐‘ช๐’‚๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐’ˆ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’ˆ๐’? ๐‘ช๐’‚๐’ ๐’˜๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’„๐’๐’๐’”๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‚๐’๏ฟฝ... More

๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ
๐‘ป๐’ ๐‘ณ๐’๐’๐’…๐’๐’
๐™„๐™ข๐™ข๐™–๐™˜๐™ช๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š
๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™–๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™›๐™ช๐™ก ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐˜ฝ๐™ง๐™–๐™ซ๐™š
๐‘ท๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’„๐’†๐’”๐’” ๐‘น๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’‚๐’
๐‘พ๐’†๐’…๐’…๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚ ๐‘ซ๐’–๐’Œ๐’†
๐‘ฑ๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’–๐’”๐’š, ๐‘ฑ๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’–๐’”๐’š
๐‘พ๐’†๐’…๐’…๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘ซ๐’†๐’•๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’”
๐‘พ๐’†๐’…๐’…๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘ซ๐’Š๐’”๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’“
๐‘บ๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’•๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’…

๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ข๐™š ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™š๐™ง

663 7 2
By melanin_queen16

In the morning I sat in the Drawing room with, Dalia, Lady Danbury, and Simon. I sketched while Dalia embroidered a handkerchief across from me. Today was the day that the callers would come, I was a little nervous, but overall quite excited.

As I continued to sketch I unawaringly began to sketch a certain someone. No one was talking. Until the door suddenly opens. I put my book to the side. And I smooth out my dress and looked up. That's when I looked to see two very long lines wrapping the hallway.

Looking over to Dalia I gave her a bright smile and she gave me one right back. The footman smiled at us, "Many caller ladies, be ready," Lady Danbury smiled, "Let the first ones in," and that what happen for the next 2 HOURSSSS. I wrote down the ones I liked and the ones I didn't to keep track.

Quick pops of gentleman after gentlemen called upon Dalia and I. Some came with flowers. Another with candy. I'm pretty sure one had even brought me a puppy. The day had finally ended and a new one came and another after that as a new bustle of suitors and came and gone. I continued to work on sketch, the sketch of the man I wished to appear. I guess the connection I felt was not reciprocated.

No one Pov

THREE OTHER SUITORS are present, along with Colin Bridgerton, wincing at this young man's poem. Nearby, sits a resentful Dalia and a bored Simon, along with an unimpressed Lady Danbury and Anissa, who holds that puppy.As the awful poem concludes and everyone (hesitantly) claps. "Wonderful, wonderful. Gentlemen, thank you for your calls." As Dalia was talking to one of her suitors who really caught her eye, and the feeling was mutual, Anissa had failed to notice the presence of Colin until he sat.

Anissa smiled brightly as she turned to the body that dipped the couch she was on. Then she crossed her arms as she realized it took him three days to come. "A most wretched sonnet indeed."

"Do not tottery to make me laugh Colin, I thought-" he stopped her before she could continue. "Forgive me for not calling sooner.I had presumed you'd have to many callers. I should've never have wasted my time elsewhere." Anissa smiled at his apology, and gratefully accepted his flowers.

Looking to Lady Danbury she smiled, "Lady Danbury would it be alright to promagade in Kensingoton Gardens?" She smiled at that, and Lady Danbury, "Why of course, Simon chaperon the girls," and thats where we are now.

Walking through the park with her arm on Colin they talked about her travels. "You've really been to Iceland, how was it?" she laughed at his excitement. "Well it was quite lush and green contrary to popular to belief." he laughed at her joke, the two got along swimmingly and Simon could see that and he was happy for the girls he bounded with over the past three days.

After the wonderful day the ladies had with their gentlemen they sat with Lady Danbury ing the grand hall as she examining the latest Whistledown. Which the two girls had just learned about and that Anissa was in there a lot, but she was gossiped about plenty in Italy for being a 'wild princess' so she really didn't care.

LADY WHISTLEDOWN (V.O.)

This author wonders which brazen matchmaker

shall rise to such a challenge?

For this competition is certainly well underway...

One of the footman had enter and said, "Ms.Anissa a Mr.Bridgerton is here to see you. (she's wearing the same dress just in light orange) Anissa quickly stood from her seat as she smiled at the man that she basically had wrapped around her finger, without her knowledge.

So Colin and Anissa sat sofa as she laughs at something Colin says. Dalia is teaching her puppy tricks on the floor. They continued to talk and she had gasped, "I-I wanted to show you something Colin, I've been working on it it for a little bit." Anissa handed him the sketch book open to the page with his face on it.

Colin was speechless, no one had ever drawn him from memory not even Benedict. Then Lady Danbury spoke up"What has brought you here to visit, you've been a frequent caller for my daughter." Anissa blushed at her mothers bluntness.

"Well Lady Danbury, the opera is later tonight and I wanted to ask you and her if I'd be alright to escort her to the Opera house tonight." Anissa lite up at the thought and Danbury turned to Anissa, "Well child its your choice," Anissa smiled and shook her head excitedly. "I would love that!" she exclaim.

Standing up Colin kissed her hand as she stood up as well. "I await your accomany until then," he bowed to her and placed a kiss upon her hand. As soon as he left Dalia stood and ran to and we began to squeal. "Ladies control yourselves." Lady danbury scolded with a smile.

The girl ran upstairs to begin to get ready. After a couple of hours they were finally ready to leave. Anissa loved the opera and couldn't wait to converse with Colin.

(ignore the mask, she has on a dainty string of pearls and dangled pearl earrings)

(there are pearls in her hair)

SITTING in the carriage next to Colin I smiled and laughed his jokes, "Colin are you excited for the opera?" he had his arm behind the seat and he turned to me, "Very, honestly I'm just happy to be going with you." When Dalia wasn't watching he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, which made me give him a quick hit on the chest.

"Oh, Colin stop fooling around," he laughed and whispered sweet nothings in my ears that made me smile, as Dalia kicked my leg and gave me a pointed look. After the carriage stopped, the footman helped Dalia out, and then when Colin got out he helped me out, and kept his hand on mine as our arms were linked.

Blazing chandeliers float above the jam-packed, noisy audience as the singer performs Gluck's "Iphigénie en Tauride." We walked through and met with Lady Danbury who had arrived before us. And to my surprise Queen Charlotte was her as well.

"Oh, your highness, how are you?" I said cursing. "Ah my finest gem and on the arm of a Bridgerton no less, which one are you?" She asked Colin laughed at her 'joke' even though I don't think she was kidding. "Colin Bridgerton your Majesty, it's a pleasure." he bowed to her. "Come and join us in my box," the Queen said that made me look at Colin and smile. We followed one of her Ladies in waiting and headed to the royal box.

Sitting down in the seats on the sides we observed the people as they trickled in. Many whispered and talked as they saw us sitting in the Royal bo, but we paid them no mind as we continue to converse we saw the Queen sit down. Next to us was mothers box. I waved to her as she sat down, but she wasn't alone, Violet and Daphne Bridgerton was with her.

Colin waved at his mother and sister, but Violet looked shocked and Daphne looked upset. As the show started I leaned forward, very taken by the love story on stage, I wonder if Colin and I could have that love, but its to early for that. Unacknowledged by me Colin stared at me for most of the show. I even conversed with the Queen and honestly she was a delight.

After the show Colin had walked me back to the carriage. Turning to Colin he looked down at me with a smile. "Tonight was wonderful Colin, thank you." He looked around and gave me a peck on my forehead. "In two days time, my family will be having dinner, you and Dalia are invited," I smiled and looked at Dalia.

"I'm actually have dinner with Viscount Hammertons and his family that day," I smiled and turned to him, "But I would be delighted to come." Colin smiled brightly and hugged me tight. "Splendid, see you soon." And with that he departed and met up with his mother and sister at their carriage.

(the belt and sleeves are diamonds, and there are lace covering the skirt)

No one POV

AFTER THE NIGHT at the Opera night Anissa had worked on drawings and practice her piano, she even wrote a letter to her father. Many callers returned, but they were turned away as our secret princess was already smitten with a certain Bridgerton.

The night had came, dinner with Colins family. Anissa was scared but also excited. Dalia had helped her get ready and she was on her way. She was a little late, but not by much.

We pop around this luxurious room, where bits of the Bridgerton family history are on display the family crest. A painting of Aubrey Hall (the family's grand ancestral estate). Another of the family playing pall mall. Before we find the Bridgertons enjoying a boisterous dinner with an entertained-looking Simon, seated next to Daphne, of course. And an anxious looking Colin, they had just started eating, but Daphne like others notice the empty chair next to Colin.

"Mama who are we missing why is there an empty chair near Colin," but before she could respond a knocking on the door was heard. "I'll get it," and before anyone could say anything to Colin, he was out the dining room.

Arriving to the door at the same time as the butler, he dismissed him as he fixed himself before opening the door. He was met with the beautiful sight of Anissa Danbury in all her glory. "I apologize for being late I had to pick something up for your mama." Colin grabbed her hand and led her inside. "No worries, glad you had made it here safely."

Anissa wrapped her arm around Colins bicep as the walked to the dining room. Leading her into the dining room where his family conversed they were surprise to see Colin enter back with Anissa. Violet and Anthony stood up and walked to the couple. "Viscountess and Viscount Bridgerton, it a pleasure, excuse me for my tardiness," Violet pulled her into a warm embrace, that made her smile.

"This is for you," she handed her a bottle of wine, and then she turned to Anthony, "And for you," she hand him a bottle of Brandy. He gave a hearty chuckle and smiled, "Colin you better hold on to her, she's a keep," that made both of them smile.

"Please sit." he gestured to the table. Walking to the open seat, Colin pulled out the chair for her and she sat down, while the staff got her a plate. Hyacinth looked to the beautiful girl beside her and spoke, "Your as pretty as a princess." Anissa smiled and looked down to the beautiful young girl.

"Oh please have you looked in the mirror, you are a sight to behold." that made the young girl blush and turned back to her food. The other sibling talked to the newcomer, and then they asked her about herself. "Oh I have 4 siblings in Italy, I love horse back riding, and hunting with my father and brothers. I enjoy draw, and oh also reading." That had gotten Eloise's attention, "Really who are your favorite authors," Anissa turned to the young bookworm.

"Well I enjoy many authors and genres, but I love Charles Dickens, ooh and Pride and prejudice by Jane Austin." That shock the table, because that book was quite hefty. "She's also been to many different places as well, it's amazing."Colin had spoken making Anissa smile.

"So you were born out of Wedlock huh, does that mean you come from no money?" Daphne asked making the conversation turn quite dim. Colin snapped his head towards his sister in anger. "Well yes out of Wedlock, but my father is a quite wealthy man, and kind, loving, and brave."

"Well isn't that just great for you, " she mumbled as the conversation turned from that Anissa became quite, and ate her chicken. After a while Violet wanted to hear from Anissa so she spoke to her, "So Anissa have you had many callers?" Anissa smiled, "Uh, yes mama quite a few, but I'd have to say none has made an impression on me like Colin has," Anissa turned to him and smiled, Colin turned red from that.

"Have you had many Daphne," Anissa turned to Daphne, knowing the answer, because it's been in Lady Whistledown. Daphne looked embarrassed, "Um a few," Anissa winked at her as she continue eating. Dinner had concluded and Colin had walked Anissa to her carriage looking towards her, "Anissa are you attending the Vauxhall Ball?"

"Why yes I am, are you?" he smirked down at me, "Yes, and I better be there to fill your dance card." I laughed at him. "You'd better, until tomorrow Colin," Anissa was helped into the carriage, "Until then Anissa," she gave him a kiss on the cheek as he closed the door.

Colin watched as the carriage went off down the road. He signed in glee and as he walked up the stairs to his home with a smile on his face. Opening the door he was met with his oldest brother smirking. "Come dear brother, we must talk." Colin groaned and follow his oldest brother.

"Sit, Colin," and thats what he did. Getting comfy in the chair his brother poured him and himself a drink with the Brandy Anissa had gifted him. "So Colin are you serious about courting Anissa Danbury?" Colin smiled at the thought of Anissa.\

"Uh, yes I'm am, there is something special between us, but I wanna see where it goes." Anthony smiled at his brother in love. "Well thats good brother let me know if you want to make any arrangements." And with that said the two brothers talked and caught up.

I WAS SO HAPPY dinner with Colins family went well, and tomorrow were going to dance the night away. I quickly went to my room as soon as I entered the estate. Going straight for my room I saw Dalia sitting on my bed.

"Ah, how was it," we said at the same time made us giggle together and told each other about our nights and soon with out our knowledge we had fallen asleep. The next morning we had spent the day talking. And she told me how amazing Viscount Hammerton was amazing and I talked about Colin, and by the time we were done, it was time to get ready for the ball.

(this is more of a hair pin pushed to the back of her hair.)

Dalia and I headed downstairs after getting I was met with my Lady Danbury and Simon. "Ah, you two look wonderful, it's time to depart, come on make haste," for an old lady she had spunk. Getting in the carriage we were off. Once we arrived and enter the ball the site was beautiful.

With all the couples I saw , dancing beneath the stars at this visually stunning, spectacular event. Walking in I grabbed my card and soon Hammerton had came to Dalia, so I ventured on my own. Grabbing a class of champagne I eyed the dancers from the sidelines, looking for a certain someone. And my eyes lit up to my name being called, "Ani!" I smiled brightly as he stood in front of me. "You look absolutely beautiful." he kissed my hand and I smiled at his gesture.

"Now let me see that-" before she could finish she was knocked by Cressida, some girl that didn't like her for some reason. "Mister Bridgerton, I believe you owe me a dance this evening. And I have only one more space remaining on my card. At present." I rolled my eyes and mumbled, "How convenient."

Colin looks at me and then back at Cressida. Cressida goes to retrieve her card. But as she does, she accidentally spills her punch. All over my dress. I literally growl at her as she makes a fake sympathy face. "Anissa! I did not see you there! Yet again." I stare down at my ensemble. Ruined. I turned to cuss her out, but Colin starts before I can begin.

"I am afraid I cannot offer you that dance, Miss Cowper. I am to escort Miss Danbury to the floor all night, I think.

Cressida watches asColin take my hand, leads me to the floor. I eye Colin, a little unsure, until we start to dance. And then I breaks into a smile, and then a full-on laugher. We danced and danced until the song ended.

Colin led me over to the refreshments and I grabbed a cupcake and began to unwrap it. "She's lucky you stepped in or I would've let her have it," after I said that I bite into the cupcake. Before he said anything he looked at my face and laughed.

"What are you laughing at," I said with sass. He put his finger on my nose and once it came back in my line of sight it revealed icing from my cupcake. He then stuck it in his mouth and bopped my nose.

We laughed and shared another cupcake as everyone began to gather and we followed. "Ladies and gentlemen, a most extraordinary event is about to take place! Right this way! Come! Come!" We followed everyone ushered away from the dance floor.

Above, as many as fifteen-thousand colorful glass lanterns hang from festoons in trees. Our MASTER OF CEREMONIES stands with THREE PANDEAN MINSTRELS on a small stage up front. "It is with great privilege I present Vauxhall's newest spectacle of illumination! Feast your eyes above! And allow all that is radiant to overwhelm you!"

He nods towards an AIDE, who lights a nearby FUSE. Which is when the most glorious, golden-colored light bathes the crowd, as every single one of those lanterns ILLUMINATES! The effect is BREATHTAKING. I was amazed at the display, I felt hand on my waist, and I looked over to Colin as he pulled me closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 10.4K 59
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
1.6M 46.3K 54
"๐‘ฐ ๐’”๐’‚๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’“๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’” ๐’Š๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’Ž๐’๐’”๐’• ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’”๐’Š๐’•๐’–๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐‘ฐ ๐’‡๐’Š๐’๐’… ๐’Ž๐’š๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฐ ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’Œ๐’๐’๏ฟฝ...
137K 3.5K 28
The tale of Her Majesty The Queen Dowager of Wรผrttemberg unfolds not as a fairy-tale love story with a happily ever after but as a narrative of growt...
5.1K 254 6
All Is Fair In Love And War. Lord Anthony Bridgerton, the formidable head of the Bridgerton family, sets forth on a quest to secure a worthy spouse...